Book Your Wedding with The Terrace On Grand

A BALLROOM IN KANSAS CITY, MO

Located in downtown Kansas City, Missouri, the Terrace on Grand offers everything a couple needs for a classy indoor wedding. This venue opened in 2010 as a premier urban event setting, complete with stunning panoramic views of downtown Kansas City. With 5,000 feet of indoor space, Terrace on Grand offers exceptional versatility for receptions. Guests can step onto the rooftop to enjoy a vibrant city view, then move back inside to enjoy a drink and a dance.

The Terrace on Grand has all the touches of elegance couples expect from a sophisticated venue. Romantic finishing touches such as sashes with bows and candle centerpieces create a lush atmosphere for indoor photos, while the enclosed rooftop provides stunning outdoor picture opportunities. Terrace on Grand helps to make a couple's ceremony and reception unforgettable.

. The third floor is where indoor ceremonies and the receptions are held. Gleaming hardwood floors, expansive windows and subtle star-like lights give the room supreme style. This indoor space accommodates 25-260 people for a stand-up reception or 200 people for a seated dinner.

. Terrace on Grand offers a place for couples to have an outdoor ceremony. Hardwood floors and an enclosed wooden railing provide an elegant backdrop, with the night skyline adding a big-city feel to the festivities.

The Terrace on Grand gives couples an additional hour of room rental and an additional hour to have a rehearsal for a fee. Ceremony rehearsals usually occur the night prior to the event, unless there's already a booking. The venue asks couples to be flexible regarding rehearsal time since it can't guarantee available space the evening before.

The venue has rental minimums based on the day of the week. Monday to Thursday is less expensive than Friday and Sunday, and Saturday is the most expensive of any day. Couples can reserve an event date with a signed rental agreement plus a deposit for one-third of the package rental charge. The venue and the couple have a final planning meeting 21 days before the scheduled event date to pay the balance and confirm the details.

All-inclusive packages include four hours of venue rental, including rooftop access, a buffet with two entrees, one starch, one vegetable, one salad and rolls, unlimited wine, beer and sodas, and all china, glassware and silverware. It also includes tables and chairs for up to 220 event guests, linens and napkins, setup, breakdown, cleanup and trash removal. In addition, couples receive the services of an event coordinator, doorman, facility manager, servers and bartenders. Terrace on Grand also provides cabaret, buffet and gift tables, as well as a DJ table and an audiovisual system with projectors. Couples may add additional hours at an extra charge.

The buffet, china, napkins and silverware are included by Taste KC Catering, Terrace on Grand’s in-house catering company. The company can provide quotes for gluten-free and vegetarian dishes and desserts. The venue allows outside caterers; however, they must be licensed and insured. The caterers are also required to help with the room change, including setting the tables, and to provide staff to bus the entire event.

The venue requires that it provide all alcohol. The all-inclusive package covers a basic beer and wine bar, but the Terrace on Grand also provides a Full Well bar, Full Call Bar or a Premium Bar. Cash Bars are available for an additional fee plus a flat fee per bartender. The venue subtracts a per-person rate for each guest under 21 years of age after couples meet the minimum.

The Terrace on Grand is minutes away from the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and the KC Power & Light Entertainment District. Its rooftop offers a view of downtown no other venue offers. In addition, the venue provides these amenities:

• String quartet on the roof deck
  • Baby grand piano
  • Reserve champagne and wine

A Terrace Experience

The Terrace on Grand opened its doors in December 2008 and is conveniently located at 1520 Grand Boulevard in the heart of downtown. The Terrace offers 5,000 feet of historic sophisticated, indoor event space. With its original raw white brick walls and dark hardwood floors it gives our clients an urban chic feel that is accentuated by a dazzling roof deck perfect for wedding ceremonies, cocktail hours, networking events, and so much more. Just blocks from the Sprint Center, KC Power and Light, the Kaufman Center for the Performing Arts and the Kansas City Star building, The Terrace gives you a stunning and vibrant 360 degree view of Kansas City. The Terrace on Grand’s contemporary, elegant and versatile event space will provide the ideal backdrop for your next special event.

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Elopement, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Second Wedding

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1520 Grand Boulevard, Kansas City, MO (816) 527-0026
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Marcia M

My daughter and I extensively researched venues for her September 2015 wedding, and Terrace on Grand was the clear standout. Don't let its subtle presence on Grand Boulevard fool you. Its huge, unique, rustic/chic ballroom created an unforgettable setting for our ceremony and... Read More reception. The open-air rooftop with the 360-view of downtown KC was a breathtaking surprise for our 225 guests during cocktail hour. The deciding factor for us, though, which I cannot overstate, is the customer service. Emad and his co-coordinator Maggie were friendly, efficient, and accommodating when it came to personalizing our event. They listened, added their professional perspective and then executed perfectly, so that we felt like our daughter's big day was the fairy-tale wedding we wanted her to have. With 700+ weddings under his belt, Emad knows what he is doing, yet he made us feel like our was a one-of-a-kind event. In-house catering by Chef Chris was delicious, beautiful, and plentiful. He custom-made fruit/cheese trays specific to our request. He prepared a special gluten-free dish for our Maid of Honor. Affordable, beautiful, memorable, and low-stress... we loved every moment.

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Ashlyn A

I'm giving the Terrace 5 stars because 1) it's a beautiful event space 2) Emad is a rockstar. The staff is on point with set up and take down. ANYTHING you need they will bend over backwards to make it happen and are beyond comforting and kind in high stress situations. I barely... Read More brought any decorations and it was still breath taking. They also have a basement full of left over wedding decor that they let you use! My vision truly came alive when they did the room flip and it was completely stress free. I think Emad is an angel. I got married beginning of August & It rained on my wedding day so I had my guests bring umbrellas so we could still enjoy the rooftop together. The only disappointment I had was the Arch full of flowers & chairs were still set up on the rooftop from the night before wedding. My guests all thought that was MY stuff and were apologizing my ceremony got moved to downstairs when really that was where it was supposed to be. I wish they would have cleared off the roof so my portraits up there didn't have other chairs in the way. But hey, that's all that went wrong so it was a great day! #Emadforpresident

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Emily T

Emad and Maggie were absolutely wonderful to work with. They were quick to respond to questions, helpful in providing accurate information, and really made us feel important as the clients. The venue was beautiful, the rooftop for our ceremony was perfect, and the reception was... Read More gorgeous. I highly recommend this place! Everything felt special, and it was perfect to have so much included in the packages. It really made our wedding day easy and stress-free.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Rachel L

My husband and I had our reception here on June 24th. The staff was beyond accommodating and professional throughout the planning process and we were in and out quickly for set up. All of my guests were in love with the feel of the venue, the absolutely luscious food, and the... Read More beautiful rooftop view. They took great care to help make the process run smoothly and avoid any dead time while also keeping the stress off of me! At one point, the air conditioning broke and they immediately fixed it and took steps to cool the guests down as well as giving my husband and I a fantastic last dance on the roof by ourselves. I highly recommend this venue and everyone who works here.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Tawnya R

I just had my magical night here on July 15th. I feel like I have never felt before! I had no worries and the planning from Emad and Maggie were amazing! The venue was so perfect! Rooftop wedding overlooking Kansas City and the reception indoors! The food was so good! Chef Chris... Read More amazed our guests and our expectations! This place was just what I was looking for and refer it to everyone!! Thank you Terrace on Grand staff for everything. It was a night I will never forget!

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Rachael S

We are so grateful had our wedding at Terrace on Grand. What drew us to the venue initially was the awesome view of downtown and the beautiful 3rd floor loft space. We learned throughout the process that we had hit the truly jackpot with Maggie and Emad. They are like built-in... Read More wedding planners, but even better because they know the space so well and can predict where any issues might arise. We had our ceremony on the roof and our reception on the 3rd floor, and both went very smoothly. We felt so confident with them running the show, and we were able to relax and truly enjoy our day. We couldn’t recommend this venue highly enough- it was a perfect evening.

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Rachel B

Wow, we were so impressed by the experience provided by Emad and Maggie at The Terrace on Grand! From start to finish they were so helpful is organizing and perfecting the event. They kept in contact throughout the entire process to answer any questions we had (and we had so... Read More many!) and to arrange meetings for planning everything! We didn't even need a wedding planner working with them, they helped us with ideas throughout and coordinating day-of. Simply excellent service, and they are such wonderful people to work with. We are still receiving compliments a month later about how wonderful and smoothly everything went, and how gorgeous the venue was! Very spacious and open, with a beautiful city-view from the rooftop, The Terrace on Grand provides a classic Kansas-City feel. This space is perfect for any larger event, and was just perfect for our wedding! The space can easily accommodate a larger event, but still didn't feel underused by our ~75 person wedding ceremony and reception. Looking through our photos I was so happy with how everything looked, and the only decorations we had to get were some candles for the reception tables! Definitely check this place out if you are looking for a beautiful place to host your wedding and reception, it is so worth it!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Kris I

My husband and I cannot express how happy we are with our decision to go with The Terrace on Grand for our wedding and reception. Emad and his team were the absolute best! They took care of ALL our needs without hesitation! We trusted them completely with our wedding day vision... Read More and they made it all come to life! I would definitely recommend The Terrace on Grand to anyone who wants a downtown KC wedding!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Kiah K

I could not have chosen a better venue for my wedding! The team at Terrace on Grand is top notch! I did not have to worry about anything during the reception, they took care of it all! They are truly devoted to making sure everything is perfect and that the bride has no stress.... Read More I couldn't have imagined a more perfect reception for my wedding and its in large part to everyone at Terrace on Grand! I highly recommend anyone check them out if you are looking for the best event space in Kansas City!!

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Skylar C

Choosing Tearrace on Grand for our wedding venue was hands down the best decision we made for our wedding. Maggie, Emad and Joanna godsends and so great at what they do. The venue was beautiful yes but their service was better. Every single detail was walked through and... Read More accounted for, things I didnt even know needed to happen or be done were being done by these true professionals. I cannot imagine how people get married without the logistical talent of people like these. If I was worried about anything before hand this team would go out of their way to take care of any possible problem, they dealt with other vendors so I didnt have to, they were flexible and accommodating and just overall great people to be around on your wedding day. we had so many compliments on the food that was served (it was amazing) and the venue was so easy to transform into our vision of romantic mixed with glam. I felt no stress on my wedding day and I contribute that all to Maggie, Emad and Joanna.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Shelby I

Emad and Maggie really made my experience at The Terrace on Grand. Our wedding day had several hiccups early on (not related to the venue) and the two of them did everything in their power to make sure I was calm and having a good time, as well as take care of any issues behind... Read More the scenes so that I didn't have to worry. The venue was beautiful, and the staff did a beautiful job setting up all of our decorations just the way we wanted. We were looking forward to a roof top ceremony, but due to rain we had to change to inside and it was still beautiful! Last minute changes were handled smoothly and our guests were raving about the wedding (and had no idea about any mishaps!). While the venue is what initially grabbed my attention and what made us book The Terrace, Maggie and Emad really took the cake for service and made our day unforgettable! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017

I can't say enough about how wonderful Emad and Maggie are! They are so professional and make you feel so at ease during the wedding planning process! I trusted them completely which made wedding planning so much easier for me! I would recommend The Terrace on Grand to anyone... Read More who wants a downtown KC wedding!

Reviewed on 4/04/2017

As the Mother of the Bride, I will admit that I am thrilled with our experience at The Terrace on Grand! Emad and Maggie were wonderful to work with, and they were so accommodating to our desires. Any email was quickly and professionally answered. There were so many venue and... Read More food options to choose from, and the food was great.....it was hot, and the buffet was displayed so nicely. The prime rib station was great! Emad and Maggie coordinated with our vendors (flowers, cake, DJ) for set up, big relief on a busy day. The rooftop view is great, the bar choices and service was great, we even had a doorman for our guests! Our kids fell in love with The Terrace on sight. The character in the reception area - wooden floors, exposed brick, nice bar area, baby grand piano (which they allowed us to use for the cake) was wonderful. We were given our choice of linens, charges, tableware, floor plan options, lighting, all included in the price. They made it so simple, especially when we were planning from several hours away. I really can't express our gratitude to Emad and Maggie (Heather and Kelsey, too) for all of their assistance. They allowed us to enjoy a great day!

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Kim S

My daughter and son-in-law fell in love with The Terrace on their first visit. Emad was so very welcoming and helpful answering all our questions. We booked it immediately. Planning was a dream with Emad, Maggie and their wonderful chef. They accommodated our wishes and needs... Read More in every way. The wedding reception was a fairytale night! Drinks on the roof with the wonderful views, then an awesome dinner. We heard from many guests that the food was "the best wedding reception food they'd ever had." The decor and lighting was gorgeous, and the service was spectacular. Maggie even hauled wedding gifts to the car! I cannot praise Emad and Maggie enough-thank you two for helping to throw a beautiful reception for my daughter and son-in-law. I highly recommend The Terrace on Grand!

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Jennifer T

My husband and I got married about 2 months ago. We had our ceremony and reception at Terrace on Grand, and we couldn't be more happy with our choice with this venue. Emad and Maggie were so accommodating during the entire process... From choosing the venue, following up with... Read More us, going over the catering options, and all the details, there were no issues. The day of the wedding goes so incredibly fast, and there is so much going on. I didn't hire a wedding planner or day of coordinator, as Emad and his team handle almost all the day of things. He was there every step of the way, and kept things running 100% smoothly the entire evening, even if there were hiccups. The entire staff makes the entire day all about you (and the groom), Making sure that at the end of the day, you had the best day you could have possibly had. All of the guests I talked with stated the food was the best wedding food they've ever had, and I can vouch that it was phenomenal. I wasn't expecting to have a great meal, and it's one of the best I've had. The catering crew and chef are amazing, and you can tell they really take pride in their work. I find myself craving the chicken lasagna we had! Overall, this venue is amazing. I'm so incredibly happy with how everything turned out, and love the staff for everything they helped us with. I would recommend this venue to everyone. I honestly can't say enough good things.

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Megan W

My husband and I chose the Terrace on Grand for both our wedding and reception venue and it was hands down the best decision we made. Their contemporary ballroom was perfect for our ceremony, and their rooftop provided a beautiful backdrop of our own KC skyline. We wanted our... Read More wedding small, intimate, and non-traditional, and our plan was fully supported by Emad and Maggie, the staff at Terrace on Grand. Their advice during planning was invaluable, and their presence on our wedding day allowed us to focus on just being the bride and groom. From the big things, like making sure we started the wedding on time, to something as simple as bringing me a glass of water after a couple hours of pictures, Emad and Maggie amazed us with their attention to detail and thoughtfulness. They WANT you to have the best day of your life and they try really hard to make that happen. We also chose to use their in-house catering, which worked out beautifully. The presentation was lovely and the wait-staff added an additional element of "fancy." For real, we felt like James Bond grabbing hors d'oeuvres from servers' trays. And on top of the great presentation, the food was delicious. It's now 4 weeks after our wedding and our friends are still talking about the blue-cheese potatoes...YUM! We are so grateful for our experience with Emad, Maggie, and all the other folks at the Terrace on Grand. We wanted our wedding to be amazing, and they helped us have a day so wonderful, a day we’ll never forget!

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Erin C

Absolutely perfect venue for our wedding! I cannot say enough about the organization of the staff at The Terrace on Grand. They managed every detail so my groom and I (and our guests) could enjoy the evening and not fret the small things. This venue has such a romantic feel and... Read More really is one of a kind in Kansas City. I would absolutely recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jim and Susan H

Looking for the perfect place? You don't need to look any further than terrace on grand. They will take care of everything. We had our daughter's wedding reception that began at 5 o'clock on the roof with cocktails and a beautiful view of the Kansas City skyline. Then on to... Read More dinner, dancing, etc... TOG will make your dreams come true because they listen and make it happen. TOG knows what they are doing down to each small detail. All we had to do was relax and enjoy this beautiful night.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Renata B

When my husband and I got engaged we decided to check our the venues around downtown Kansas City. The Terrace on Grand was the first site we visited and no other place could compare thereafter. We fell in love with it and couldn't be happier with our decision. We got married on... Read More Sunday October 16th and it was an amazing day. Emad & Maggie made sure that we were happy and that everything went perfectly. The pictures of our ceremony on the rooftop are breathtaking and we cannot stop looking at them! I HIGHLY recommend this place!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Trista C

If you are looking for a beautiful venue with lots included and the best people to work with in the business- look no further. I loved everything about working with Emad and Maggie and cannot thank them enough. They brought me my dream wedding and made it easy to be worry free... Read More on my special day. Love everything about this amazing space!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Stephanie U

When my husband and I got engaged we knew right away we had to have a downtown Kansas City wedding. When we stepped on the roof of the Terrace on Grand we knew that was the spot for us, every single one of our guests loved the space and the backdrop of KC. Maggie and Emad were... Read More extremely responsive and wonderful to work with. I can't say enough wonderful things about them. Not only is the space and the staff amazing, the food is delicious. Preparing food for 180+ guests is not an easy task and they pull it off. All of our wedding guests thought it was some of the best food they have eaten. We would highly recommend Terrace on Grand to every couple.

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Alina L

It all started while looking at venues on The Knot. Terrace on Grand attracted my eye due to the beautiful views and the wonderful reviews it had. I did further research on this venue and it had an "information packet" online where I could review every single charge and knew... Read More what I was getting myself into before using any of my time looking at a venue I wasn't able to afford. This venue was the first and last venue we ever looked at. The all inclusive caught our eye, the wedding coordinators and organizers caught our eye, the prompt responses and professionalism caught our eye. Throughout the year and half planning my wedding, I never once felt like I was ignored by Emad or Maggie. They answered every email, call, question, or concern I had and nailed it every time. The first look at venue was amazing, the dinner tasting was amazing, the rehearsal time and ample amount of time for it all was amazing. I loved that Terrace on Grand was a one stop shop. You have your rehearsal there, all the girls can get ready early there, the wedding ceremony was and reception was there. They worked with me on my budget and helped get cost downs with leaving some extras behind. My actual wedding day was such a breeze. Maggie let us in early to start our hair and make up, they were so detailed oriented by getting our sand ceremony and cake set up. I didn't have to worry about lighting all the candles on the tables, and they decorated the bar so beautifully. Emad and Maggie coordinated the ceremony and reception so elegantly. They let us come back for our stuff after the sparkler send off and the following morning even though there was a wedding the next day. Without Terrace on Grand I would have felt a lot more stress on my day. I would recommend this venue in a heart beat and I would say they are worth every single penny. Thank you so much, Terrace on Grand team!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Tee H

I would advise anyone in Kansas City looking for a gorgeous venue and absolutely wonderful wedding to book this space. There are not enough good words for me to say about Emad and Maggie. They answered all of my questions. They made great suggestions and my wedding went off... Read More without a hitch. I kept waiting for the inevitable "bad thing out of my control" to happen and I am pleased to say I don't think it ever did. I had a truly magnificent day!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Jessica S

Wow, where do I even start? The Terrace on Grand was without a doubt one of the BEST decisions we made in our Wedding Planning. I was drawn to the Terrace because they had great reviews and I was intrigued by them being an "all-inclusive" package that took care of tables,... Read More chairs, dishes, food, bar package, etc. Once I met Emad I was sold on this venue! Both Emad and Maggie go above and beyond to ensure every detail is exactly how you want it. We had countless emails, phone calls and face-to-face meetings and they were extrememly patient and helpful throughout the process. Planning a wedding is STRESSFUL, but having a team that is experienced and looking out for you makes such a big difference. I can't imagive how I would have pulled this wedding off without the both of them. Did I mention how beautiful the venue is? The terrace is amazing, with beautiful views of downtown Kansas City. The majority of our guests were from out of town, and this venue is right in the middle of downtown which is perfect for guests who want to experience downtown Kansas City. If you want a dream wedding, I highly recommend The Terrace On Grand!!!!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Dorothy G

Terrace On Grand is a fantastic wedding venue! Leading up to the wedding, Emad and Maggie were extremely helpful with advice and suggestions for vendors and catering choices and also completely transparent when it came down to cost. During setup, they were very flexible when it... Read More came to our use of the space and Terrace’s materials. For example, we used glassware owned by Terrace for our ceremony candles and Emad had a wonderful idea of moving the candles to the windowsills for the reception. The look was perfect! He also ran an extremely efficient rehearsal! We were in and out with rehearsal and the setup for the wedding in a matter of 45 minutes! The staff went above and beyond to make our wedding day special and even yesterday we were still receiving compliments about how delicious the food was! We highly recommend this venue.

Meet The Manager

Emad Aboul-Hosn and Maggie Hummel

Hello! We are so excited about your big day! At the Terrace On Grand we include a day of coordinator and that is one of us! We will be there each step of the way from booking the venue, tasting the food, planning a timeline, picking out small details all the way to the moment you get in your get away car. We are here to help and love what we do. We cannot wait to work with you!