THE TROLLEY BARN

Atlanta, GA

Book Your Wedding with THE TROLLEY BARN

A BARN IN ATLANTA, GA

Nestled within the Inman Park neighborhood, The Trolley Barn offers the rustic charm of a country setting in spite of its urban location right in the heart of Atlanta, Georgia. A uniquely historic venue, there’s both indoor and outdoor options for wedding events. Ceremonies, rehearsals, receptions and cocktail hours are just a few of the wedding-related celebrations that are accommodated at this one-of-a-kind downtown venue.

Patio. An outdoor ceremony site is available on the patio just outside the barn. The brick patio is surrounded by lush trees, a trimmed lawn and inviting gardens, providing an idyllic natural backdrop to the ceremony. Guests watch from chairs set in a theater-style arrangement as the couple ties the knot. The outdoor patio can also be used for a quiet cocktail reception gathering, as there’s an outdoor bar located here too.

The Trolley Barn. Dating back to 1889, the historic barn has a picturesque exterior and impressive interior. The 30-foot-high ceilings combined with tall windows and a mesquite wood floor give the room its turn-of-the-century charm. For a buffet-style reception, as many as 250 guests can gather in the barn, while for a seated dinner event, up to 180 people can be accommodated. The ideal guest count is between 100 to 200 guests.

Events taking place on Saturday include eight hours of total event time, while Friday and Sunday events run for a duration of seven hours. Weekday rentals are available and these events range from four to six hours, depending on the time of day. Additional hours are permitted, however, they require a per-hour extra charge. Friday and Saturday night events must be concluded by 1 a.m. and by midnight on all other nights. It should be noted here that setup and cleanup times are included in the event time.

Wood folding chairs, used for both reception and ceremony, require an additional fee, which is charged by a per-unit-used rate. Ten rectangular tables are included in the base rental fees. Other tables require an individual rental fee for use.

Catering isn’t provided at the site and food must be supplied by a licensed and insured caterer. There isn’t a preferred vendor list for catering or other wedding-related services, so couples are free to choose whichever vendors they want.

An on-duty police officer is required for a minimum of four hours during events. Alcohol isn’t provided. Couples are allowed to bring in their own alcohol for an event. If they are serving it without charging guests, then they don’t require a license; cash bars, however, do require a license.

There are only 15 on-site parking spots, so all other parking is off-site in lots or on the street. Due to its location in a residential neighborhood, there’s a very strict sound policy at the venue. The maximum volume permitted is 90 decibels and this is carefully monitored by an attendant, so music is not allowed to go over the maximum limit.

Some extra perks include:

• A private bridal salon for getting ready
  • Option to also rent basement hall for added space
  • A historic property for stunning wedding photographs
  • Kitchen facilities for caterers
  • Conveniently located near lots of Atlanta hotels and restaurants, ideal for out-of-town guests

• Outdoor - Covered

Barn, Historic Venue, Tented

963 Edgewood Ave NE, Atlanta, GA (404) 521-2308

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kristina B

We just had our ceremony and reception at The Trolley Barn. The staff were great and easy to work with, I loved having our reception outside in the garden area. They were accommodating when we needed to add extra hours on at the last minute for our drapery to get hung.... Read More Everything turned out beautiful. We had a band and didn't have any sound issues.

2017-06-05T09:12:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you and congratulations!Your wedding was gorgeous - we would love to have some photos for our website. Cheers!

A perfect night!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Suzanne R

Everything about our experience with The Trolley Barn was perfect. The staff was helpful and very responsive in the months and days leading up to our wedding. The courtyard in the back was so perfect of our ceremony and required a minimal amount of decor to make it very special.

great venue!

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 aisha m

The Trolley Barn is an amazing venue. It's affordable (for Atlanta) and has a great outdoor and indoor space. They just built in a bridal salon to get ready in this summer and it's lovely. We had our ceremony outside here in July (even in the Atlanta heat!) and... Read More reception+cocktails indoors. The pricing can add up here, though. Since it's a historical site they have tons of regulations and finding vendors that fit their specifications is difficult. They require you to have a professional wedding planner. The kitchen for prep is a little small and a lot of caterers wouldn't quote us for a plated dinner based on the lack of space. You end up paying to use chairs for the reception and ceremony and for tables so that all adds up quickly too. It was hard for us to do a lot of DIY for the wedding to save money because they wanted insured wedding professionals because the historical value of the place. Other than that, though, pictures were great and it's a great space.

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Michelle B

Don't be fooled by the beauty of this facility. It is a distraction to what is really going on behind the scenes in the treatment of people of color. While the new executive director Lisa Milko was extraordinarily accommodating to my daughter and son-in-law, I cannot... Read More recommend this venue due to the abnormally strict policies and Trolley Barn's employee Jim Barker's particularly rude, disrespectful and discriminatory behavior, while attempting to monitor (a community member hiding behind the role to racially profile) my only daughter's wedding. Since this time, my daughter and son-in-law have resolved this matter and as a result, received a refund for this experience, countless apologies from the Ms. Milko, and notification that they would withhold Mr. Barker's pay for the day. The monetary acknowledgement isn't enough, given Jim Barker is still employed and therefore sends the message that his behavior is acceptable. It's more important, in my opinion, that the public at large be informed. As the Mother of the Bride, I cannot express with more disdain, the treatment, I experienced and as a result ruined what should have been a glorious occasion for me. I have narratives from each vendor that explain what occurred from their perspective, however for this notation, I am limited by word count. My daughter's godmother, wedding planner, photographer and deejay all said they either witnessed Barker disrespecting someone or were directly disrespected during the cleanup or setup process. Please read Lauren L. review (my daughter) or respond here with your email for all narratives. Our deejay, a 54-year-old African American man, stated that he introduced himself to Barker before the event began and was immediately told not to have music blasting. "I said I know the routine 80-90db. He was like right because when you play Drake it can peak past that." Our deejay, who did not break a single venue policy, walked away feeling profiled because of his race. Kay (Wedding Planner) explained to me that at approximately 10:55 that the manager extended an additional 10 minutes for the cleaning crew to finish cleaning. I asked did she confirm that the additional 10 minutes would be at no cost. She said no so I approached the Barker to confirm and clarify. He rudely responded, "You will be charged..." He raised his voice, interrupted me before I could finish speaking, and repeated that the 10 minutes would incur a cost. My first concern was the manner in which he responded. My second concern was the inconsistent messaging he gave throughout the night. He would offer additional time without sharing that it would cost to one person, then state that it would cost to another. In my opinion, it was in an attempt to increase additional costs. Then he continued from 11 o'clock to 11:04 to scream out the exact time to inform the entire group of how many minutes we were over. He would scream, "It's 11:02, you'll be charged... its' 11:03 you'll be charged, it's 11:04 you'll be charged.” Meanwhile the bridal party and guests were frantically ignoring him and cleaning the facility. It's worth noting that the wedding group was not a loud, combative or disruptive group. We did not garner a single complaint from neighbors. Still, Barker talked down to us. I have to warn anyone reading this not to book this venue in support of equitable treatment of all people.

2017-10-01T09:41:45 Response from the vendor

Please do understand that Jim Parker no longer works at the Trolley Barn. We do not tolerate such disrespectful behavior and will not have anyone on our team who treats clients in this manner. Again, our apologies for the evening.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Lauren F

While the facility is truly beautiful and the new executive director is extraordinarily accommodating, I can't in good conscious recommend this venue due to the abnormally strict policies and Trolley Barn employee Jim Barker's particularly rude approach while monitoring my... Read More event. It’s worth noting that my wedding group was not a loud, combative or disruptive group. We did not garner a single complaint from neighbors. Still, Barker talked down to my mother and bridesmaids and made them feel like they were not wanted on my wedding day. My godmother, wedding planner, photographer and deejay all said they either witnessed Barker disrespecting someone or were directly disrespected during the cleanup or setup process. Our deejay, a 54-year-old African American man, stated that he introduced himself to Barker before the event began and was immediately told not to have music blasting. “I said I know the routine 80-90db. He was like right because when you play Drake it can peak past that.” Our deejay, who did not break a single venue policy, walked away feeling profiled because of his race. Also, we had several guests complain that they couldn’t hear the violinist playing during the outdoor reception due to Barker’s constant urging to play softer. After I noticed the low music inside ruined the dancing environment, I have to say this venue is better suited for funerals than wedding receptions with lots of dancing. What’s most upsetting is that as soon as I got into the car with my new husband, I had nothing but negative experiences to share with him. I now know that is largely because of the venue’s regulations and how they were enforced. I have to warn anyone reading this not to book this venue unless he or she wants to take on a headache.

2017-10-01T09:42:23 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kelsey F

The Trolley Barn was the perfect venue for our wedding! We loved having both the indoor and outdoor space for the ceremony and reception - it is gorgeous with little to no extra decorations. You can also bring in all your own vendors and alcohol which was extremely helpful... Read More with our budgeting. While they are very strict with noise regulations, they have many DJ suggestions for people who have worked in the Trolley Barn and know the stipulations. Overall, we had a great experience with the staff but definitely plan on communicating with them during 10-1 office hours ( a difficulty for some jobs!).

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Sam S

The Trolley Barn is a unique and rustic venue in Atlanta, GA that makes the perfect setting for any wedding. My husband and I had talked for a long time about getting married there, so we didn't even consider anything else when we decided to finally tie the knot. The staff are... Read More great to work with, and while they do have some guidelines for the venue they ask you to adhere to, it was no problem for us and we had a lovely ceremony and reception. The backyard patio was gorgeous during the golden hours of the evening, and interior of the barn was perfect for our reception (140 guests) with everyone fitting comfortably. If you're getting married in Atlanta, you definitely should check out the Trolley Barn!

Venue

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Kelly J

The Trolley Barn was a perfect venue for us. The rustic but elegant venue was perfect!

Great Venue, Volunteer staff

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Alicia K

The venue is fantastic, but it's important to remember that it is staffed by volunteers. Our rehearsal ran 5 minutes late, and the man tried to lock us out! Overall, everyone was very nice and accommodating and the venue is FANTASTIC.

Strict noise regulations

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Kristen M

I wish I had known prior to signing our contract how strict they were with noise and how quiet 90 decibels really is. They are rude and will harass you if you go anywhere near 90 decibels during the reception, so if you have a band and 90-100 people in the room don't expect to... Read More hear the music. You will definitely loose your deposit. Also, the man across the street doesn't like any noise so be prepared for him to interrupt your wedding and cause a scene. All in all our wedding was wonderful, but it would be very hard for me to recommend this venue to any other couples.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Elle W

This was a wonderful location for a wedding. It allows you to bring in your own vendors!

Just Beautiful

Reviewed on 4/26/2012 Rachael H

The location was great. It's spacious, beautiful and had plenty of room to accomadiate my family. Would love to throw another party there.

Perfect Space for My Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Cole J

It really is a perfect space. It's right in Atlanta, close to hotels, restaurants, Marta, and some very cool B&Bs that some of our guests took advantage of. One of the best parts is you can bring in your own catering and alcohol. This was huge for us because we have friends who... Read More own a winery in CA and my husband works for a craft beer co. Out of CA, so we got to choose exactly what was served! We were a little worried about the noise in a residential area, because we are a rowdy crowd. But it turned out fine and the band was asked only on e to turn it down a bit. We didn't get all our deposit back, but like I said we were rowdy, so I was expecting it. The space speaks for itself, so check it out!

Nice venue, but bad service

Reviewed on 8/12/2011 Monica G

The ambiance of the Trolley Barn was fantastic. The inside/outside setup was perfect and it was just big enough for our 140-guest wedding. However, it is difficult to get in touch with the Trolley Barn, via phone, and all inquiries/visits must be done during their office... Read More hours (10-1 on weekdays and Saturday) which is difficult if you don't live/work within a few miles and have a full-time job that only allows you a one-hour lunch break. When I requested a later time for our caterer walk through, it was denied. Also, beware of the noise regulations and note that they are much more strict than the City of Atlanta regulations that are in place. The TB representative walked around all night with a decibel meter to determine if the band was too loud - which was annoying. Overall, the venue was gorgeous - the pictures turned out great - but I would be advise any future brides to be ready for arguments and set rules before you sign the contract. Also, if you break any of the rules, they will nickel and dime you (random fees that were not listed in the contract) and take the $$ out of your $1,000 security deposit.

Reviewed on 7/30/2011 Anita R

We chose the Trolley Barn for our June 2011 wedding for a few reasons - we lived around the corner for years so it really felt like home, and the complete flexibility they give in terms of vendors. The majority of our friends live intown, so the fact that they could easily... Read More get to and from the Trolley Barn without driving was a major plus. Our out of town guests mostly stayed at the Highland Inn, and everyone loved the neighborhood. The rental rate is fairly high, but the fact that we could save money by having BBQ and bringing our own alcohol completely balanced that out. The indoor and outdoor spaces are beautiful, just what we were looking for - we had the ceremony and cocktails outdoors on the patio, and the reception inside. Linda was great to work with and very accommodating as well. Of course, being a historic building you are somewhat limited in terms of decorations, but we were happy with the beauty of the building and grounds themselves!

Perfect Place!

Reviewed on 6/10/2011 Ali S

I love the Trolley Barn! It was the perfect place for our down to earth wedding! Love the fact that we could bring in our own booze! They have tons of rules because it's a historic building but worth it! Trolley Barn is a fun and beautiful place!

Nice organic feel

Reviewed on 4/08/2011 Joseph H

We had our wedding & reception at the Trolley barn & the place is great for ~140-180 people. We were blessed with fantastic weather, so had the ceremony on the patio & the reception catered inside. Note that their staff likes clocks more than most, and if they... Read More say you have one hour for your rehearsal, they mean 60 minutes, not 61.

Beautiful place for a wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2010 Stephanie M

This is truly a historic venue but nice, clean and beautiful at the same time. I got married here in the Fall and the leaves were changing colors. The outside patio was just beautiful. There is a built-in bar outside and people told me they loved hanging out in that space. We... Read More had draping on the inside on the Barn which really dressed up the place. You must bring in your own catering, but you can provide your own alcohol to which saved us a lot of money. Be aware that there is a sound limit at 90 decibels since it is a historic building, but it didn't affect the dance floor one bit!

beautiful venue, difficult staff

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 marisa g

this is a really gorgeous venue but they have way too many rules and fines. its really hard for bands to play there, ask your band before booking. honestly, for the price, I expected more.

LOVELY

Reviewed on 10/13/2010 Judy H

Had my wedding at the Trolley Barn, lots of rich history, great Atlanta in-town location, beautiful patio and garden as well as large reception area to comfortably hold 200 people, the possibilities are endless as for decor, the high wooden beams are beautiful and rustic. I... Read More only rate one star less because it rained and we couldn't use the patio, they did not have a tent, and it was a last minute problem.

Review for The Trolley Barn

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Hollie M

I liked that it was a big open space. The history associated with the Trolley Barn was important to me as my family are native Atlantians.;Most of the parking is on the street.

Review for The Trolley Barn

Reviewed on 9/13/2007 Angela E

It is historical.;The available tables and chairs aren't as nice as the rest of the venue.