THE TROLLEY BARN

Atlanta, GA

Capacity: Up to 250 | WEBSITE | PHONE

This 1889 structure features hardwood floors, a patio and garden area off of the main hall, a bride's room for dressing, a warming kitchen for the caterer of your choice, and is fully climate controlled.

• Indoor Ceremony Area

Mansion/Historic Site

963 Edgewood Ave NE, Atlanta, GA

A perfect night!

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Suzanne R

Everything about our experience with The Trolley Barn was perfect. The staff was helpful and very responsive in the months and days leading up to our wedding. The courtyard in the back was so perfect of our ceremony and required a minimal amount of decor to make it very special.

great venue!

Reviewed on 9/29/2012 aisha m

The Trolley Barn is an amazing venue. It's affordable (for Atlanta) and has a great outdoor and indoor space. They just built in a bridal salon to get ready in this summer and it's lovely. We had our ceremony outside here in July (even in the Atlanta heat!) and reception+cocktails indoors. The pricing can add up here, though. Since it's a historical site they have tons of regulations and finding vendors that fit their specifications is difficult. They require you to have a professional wedding planner. The kitchen for prep is a little small and a lot of caterers wouldn't quote us for a plated dinner based on the lack of space. You end up paying to use chairs for the reception and ceremony and for tables so that all adds up quickly too. It was hard for us to do a lot of DIY for the wedding to save money because they wanted insured wedding professionals because the historical value of the place. Other than that, though, pictures were great and it's a great space.

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 7/03/2012 Elle W

This was a wonderful location for a wedding. It allows you to bring in your own vendors!

Venue

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Kelly J

The Trolley Barn was a perfect venue for us. The rustic but elegant venue was perfect!

Great Venue, Volunteer staff

Reviewed on 12/01/2012 Alicia K

The venue is fantastic, but it's important to remember that it is staffed by volunteers. Our rehearsal ran 5 minutes late, and the man tried to lock us out! Overall, everyone was very nice and accommodating and the venue is FANTASTIC.

Strict noise regulations

Reviewed on 7/15/2012 Kristen M

I wish I had known prior to signing our contract how strict they were with noise and how quiet 90 decibels really is. They are rude and will harass you if you go anywhere near 90 decibels during the reception, so if you have a band and 90-100 people in the room don't expect to hear the music. You will definitely loose your deposit. Also, the man across the street doesn't like any noise so be prepared for him to interrupt your wedding and cause a scene. All in all our wedding was wonderful, but it would be very hard for me to recommend this venue to any other couples.

Just Beautiful

Reviewed on 4/26/2012 Rachael H

The location was great. It's spacious, beautiful and had plenty of room to accomadiate my family. Would love to throw another party there.

Perfect Space for My Wedding

Reviewed on 10/07/2011 Cole J

It really is a perfect space. It's right in Atlanta, close to hotels, restaurants, Marta, and some very cool B&Bs that some of our guests took advantage of. One of the best parts is you can bring in your own catering and alcohol. This was huge for us because we have friends who own a winery in CA and my husband works for a craft beer co. Out of CA, so we got to choose exactly what was served! We were a little worried about the noise in a residential area, because we are a rowdy crowd. But it turned out fine and the band was asked only on e to turn it down a bit. We didn't get all our deposit back, but like I said we were rowdy, so I was expecting it. The space speaks for itself, so check it out!

Nice venue, but bad service

Reviewed on 8/12/2011 Monica G

The ambiance of the Trolley Barn was fantastic. The inside/outside setup was perfect and it was just big enough for our 140-guest wedding. However, it is difficult to get in touch with the Trolley Barn, via phone, and all inquiries/visits must be done during their office hours (10-1 on weekdays and Saturday) which is difficult if you don't live/work within a few miles and have a full-time job that only allows you a one-hour lunch break. When I requested a later time for our caterer walk through, it was denied. Also, beware of the noise regulations and note that they are much more strict than the City of Atlanta regulations that are in place. The TB representative walked around all night with a decibel meter to determine if the band was too loud - which was annoying. Overall, the venue was gorgeous - the pictures turned out great - but I would be advise any future brides to be ready for arguments and set rules before you sign the contract. Also, if you break any of the rules, they will nickel and dime you (random fees that were not listed in the contract) and take the $$ out of your $1,000 security deposit.

Reviewed on 7/30/2011 Anita R

We chose the Trolley Barn for our June 2011 wedding for a few reasons - we lived around the corner for years so it really felt like home, and the complete flexibility they give in terms of vendors. The majority of our friends live intown, so the fact that they could easily get to and from the Trolley Barn without driving was a major plus. Our out of town guests mostly stayed at the Highland Inn, and everyone loved the neighborhood. The rental rate is fairly high, but the fact that we could save money by having BBQ and bringing our own alcohol completely balanced that out. The indoor and outdoor spaces are beautiful, just what we were looking for - we had the ceremony and cocktails outdoors on the patio, and the reception inside. Linda was great to work with and very accommodating as well. Of course, being a historic building you are somewhat limited in terms of decorations, but we were happy with the beauty of the building and grounds themselves!

Perfect Place!

Reviewed on 6/10/2011 Ali S

I love the Trolley Barn! It was the perfect place for our down to earth wedding! Love the fact that we could bring in our own booze! They have tons of rules because it's a historic building but worth it! Trolley Barn is a fun and beautiful place!

Nice organic feel

Reviewed on 4/08/2011 Joseph H

We had our wedding & reception at the Trolley barn & the place is great for ~140-180 people. We were blessed with fantastic weather, so had the ceremony on the patio & the reception catered inside. Note that their staff likes clocks more than most, and if they say you have one hour for your rehearsal, they mean 60 minutes, not 61.

Beautiful place for a wedding

Reviewed on 12/07/2010 Stephanie M

This is truly a historic venue but nice, clean and beautiful at the same time. I got married here in the Fall and the leaves were changing colors. The outside patio was just beautiful. There is a built-in bar outside and people told me they loved hanging out in that space. We had draping on the inside on the Barn which really dressed up the place. You must bring in your own catering, but you can provide your own alcohol to which saved us a lot of money. Be aware that there is a sound limit at 90 decibels since it is a historic building, but it didn't affect the dance floor one bit!

beautiful venue, difficult staff

Reviewed on 11/30/2010 marisa g

this is a really gorgeous venue but they have way too many rules and fines. its really hard for bands to play there, ask your band before booking. honestly, for the price, I expected more.

LOVELY

Reviewed on 10/13/2010 Judy H

Had my wedding at the Trolley Barn, lots of rich history, great Atlanta in-town location, beautiful patio and garden as well as large reception area to comfortably hold 200 people, the possibilities are endless as for decor, the high wooden beams are beautiful and rustic. I only rate one star less because it rained and we couldn't use the patio, they did not have a tent, and it was a last minute problem.

Review for The Trolley Barn

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Hollie M

I liked that it was a big open space. The history associated with the Trolley Barn was important to me as my family are native Atlantians.;Most of the parking is on the street.

Review for The Trolley Barn

Reviewed on 9/13/2007 Angela E

It is historical.;The available tables and chairs aren't as nice as the rest of the venue.

TO THE TROLLEY BARN