The Vista on Seward Hill

Austin, TX

Magnificent West Austin Venue

The Vista on Seward Hill offers a picturesque setting for a lavish and elegant wedding day. The grounds are filled with waterfalls, ponds, flower gardens and statues. Old World Atmosphere makes The Vista on Seward Hill a setting where events are never forgotten!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

6414 W. Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX

Best Wedding Venue in Austin

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Kelly H

My Husband (!!) and I were recently married at Vista on Seward Hill (aka VOSH) on March 7th 2015! I have nothing but positive things to say about our experiences at VOSH. It's a family owned and operated business and the Seward's do everything they can to make each wedding as... Read More perfect as possible. I learned from our first visit to the venue that if something goes wrong at a wedding they see to it immediately that another wedding will not experience the same issue - and our day was just PERFECT! Sidonee & Larry are so kind and helpful with all questions, and make you feel right at home. I am a born and raised Austinite who moved to Dallas after graduating college - so I did most of the planning remotely and visited the venue with my Mom every time I was back in town. Larry and Sidonee did everything possible to make the long-distance planning process a dream!! Sean, who handles all the lighting and AV (a great value for what is included!!!) also was so easy to work with, and produced exactly what I was imagining for the day of! The venue also includes an in house DJ/MC/Coordinator, Anthony - who did a wonderful job! He helped us with the planning process, day of logistics and played all the requested tunes to get our guests up on the dance floor. I even received a personal thank you note from the Seward's after the event - such a kind gesture. All in all - the most perfect of days and I am so glad we picked VOSH to help us celebrate!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Maricela E

The best night of my life! Seriously. I first was at this beautiful venue 5 years ago at my mom’s wedding. I knew when it was time this was exactly where I wanted to have my wedding. This was purely based on appearance it was GORGEOUS inside and out. It is such a beautiful place... Read More it even saved me in decorations! Then when it was time to start planning Larry and Sidonee made me feel so comfortable they treated me like family. Anthony, the in house coordinator/planner was my life saver on the day of. He kept things along the schedule. So not only is the venue beautiful the people within it were even better! We had a bit of a weather scare. It was about 40 degrees during the ceremony outside but our guests were not even bothered. The day after the wedding I received numerous compliments on how beautiful the location/venue was. We are now approaching our one year anniversary and oh how I wish I could be back at this venue re-living our wedding day. The Vista on Seward Hill exceeded all my expectations and made this day the best day ever!

Romantic venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Bree S

The Vista on Seward Hill is an incredibly romantic venue to have an outdoor wedding ceremony. The venue is multifaceted with several large rooms and seating areas that add diversity and charm to your reception. It is all inclusive and provides a an incredible DJ and 2 patient,... Read More kind owners that live on property. The relationship is personal and not commercial. I would get married there again in a heart beat! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Lindsey M

Exceeded Expectation! Immaculate Venue! My wedding was AMAZING!!! I asked for a dream wedding and that’s exactly what I got! Having my wedding at VOSH played a part in making my dream come true. The venue is very well kept- immaculate! The service was great and the support... Read More from Mr. & Mrs. Seward, Mr. Fernandez, and Mr. Krenek is truly genuine. At the time of the first moment my mother, former fiancé (now hubby) and I met Mr. & Mrs. Seward, I knew my coordinator- Shelley at Leave The Details to Me - recommended the perfect venue. Mr. & Mrs. Seward are so welcoming- offering more than open door access to their property. I can attest that the VOSH team truly cares for their clients and will look out for you from the time you first meet and beyond your special day! As a naïve bride, I asked many questions and got many questions answered timely. I ran across challenges that I overcame with the support of Mrs. Seward right by my side. I highly recommend VOSH to anyone seeking a great venue with great service!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

This place is magical!!! Back in 2012 my lung disease, Cystic Fibrosis took a turn for the worse. I was put on 24/7 oxygen and also listed on the lung transplant list. My then boyfriend of 7 years and I felt it was necessary to get married as soon as possible. I reached out to... Read More the owner of the Vista and shared our story. I explained that we didnt have much financially but that our love was strong and we needed a wedding venue that felt special because we needed a miracle in order for me to get new lungs. The owner invited us to the Vista and as soon as we got there I felt the magic of the Hill. I knew this was the place. It was out of our price range but the wonderful owners helped us to get married in an intimate setting on 12.12.12. I cant explain the exact feeling but the Hill provided some type of healing that we desperately needed. Our wedding night was definitely magical and more than anything I could have dreamed of. I am happy to report that I received my new lungs on July 31, 2014 and my husband and I look forward to visiting the Vista on our 3rd wedding anniversary in December. We can not thank the owners enough for our wonderful wedding. We also can not wait to get back there and experience that magical and healing feeling that comes over you just by being there. Thank you so much to The Vista at Seward Hill!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

The vista is the perfect place for a magical wedding night! We went with a Thursday wedding and it was a very reasonable weekday price. The location is perfect, just off of 360 and Bee Caves. Sidonee and Larry are what really makes this place shine, they truly care about... Read More providing excellent customer service and a memorable experience and it shows. This is one of the most beautiful venues which is why we picked it of course. There is as soon as you walk in a lovely little gazebo where you can place your welcome sign. You walk down a beautiful path towards where the ceremony area is, they do have a rain option as well. There is gorgeous landscaping all around you and it feels as if you stepped into another world, they are constantly upgrading and improving here. I love that the flow of the place isn't in one room. You have a separate dining area, and then an outdoor courtyard with fire pit tables and an outdoor bar. Then you have a breezeway with benches and plenty of seating to take you into the dance floor. There is also another great bar here with ample space...the large marble welcome table is where we had our mini dessert bar. There is a small nook where we had our photo booth, it was perfect for that. Best of all, there is a secret garden area! After the ceremony and photos, when everyone is eating, you get spirited away to enjoy some alone time and you get to BREATHE and take a few bites of food and sip on some cocktails and enjoy one another in newly married bliss. All of the lighting was wonderful, they include a color theme and also paper lanterns and if you have a screen of your monogram then they have a spotlight for the dance floor. The entire place is wired for sound and they have a microphone to use during the ceremony. They also have a projector where you can show a picture slideshow. They also include all of the tables and chairs, you must provide the linens. But this is a great package deal, they also throw in the just have to be very specific with him what type of music you want to play but there is a website that you can use in order to list out all of your wants and needs. We also opted to get an extra hour because the fun kept going there, literally everyone said we had the most fun wedding in the most gorgeous setting. I have zero regrets on my choice of venue, I am so glad that Sidonee and Larry made our special day truly amazing by having us over in their little slice of heaven (their house is also located on the property but it is tucked away in the back).

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 shari r

I can't say enough about the Krenek's, they're just flat out awesome they're very welcoming and made the process very easy. They're responsive to emails and worked well with my schedule for vendor meetings. It was clear to me they've done a ton of events and have thought through... Read More a lot of the details you may not have. The venue is very beautiful and really doesn't need a lot of decoration but can certainly handle it if you choose to go that route (I did) VOSH was the perfect venue for my wedding. Its affordable and easy to get to. An easy 5 stars for me!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We loved our wedding at The Vista on Seward Hill. Everything you read is absolutely true and makes for a magical day! Our guests enjoyed a beautiful ceremony followed by dinner and dancing, all in one charming location! Many thanks to Larry and Sidonee for making us feel like... Read More family and for making our wedding so special.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 judy l

We had our wedding in mid Sept 2015 and were blown away by the overall experience. We were planning our wedding from 250 miles south from Austin because we live here. I knew Austin was the perfect place for our wedding since I went to school there and just fell in love with... Read More the city. After a whole day of venue shopping, we decided to go to one last place that day that truthfully, pictures did not do it justice. The Vista on Seward Hill was everything and more that we were hoping to find in one place. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food that was recommended, atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. As a wedding venue we couldn’t fault anything. The food was out of this world and all our guests commented on the place and great time they had. It is so incredibly beautiful and has everything in 1 place. We talked a lot with Sidonee, the owner who was really helpful with whatever questions and things we needed and Anthony, the DJ/Wedding coordinator. The owners and Anthony were so nice, made sure we had everything we needed and was satisfied only when I was happy. Every year they remodel to make this already dream venue different for couples and guests to have a different experience. From lighting, to enchanting gardens with statues that will make your special day even more magical. The day of our wedding we were SO happy with how everything turned out. Sidonee, Sean and Anthony thank you so much for making our day the best day of our lives and one that our friends and family will be talking about for years to come

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Beautiful Memories Forever! There isn't enough words to express how wonderful this venue is. I got married there and the experience was definitely a memorable one for not only myself & my husband but for all our guest as well. So much so after my wedding my daughter chose to get... Read More married at this same place as well! From my wedding to her wedding, the experience and the service was top of the line each time. From the staff of the venue, the food, the ambiance and the "in house" master of ceremonies/DJ were all amazing. This venue has so many different areas for your guest to enjoy and feel comfortable. And I'd like to add, this venue has so many beautiful spots for bridal portraits. My bridal portrait and my daughter's are from this gorgeous venue. The bride's room is a must see! Thank you to all at The Vista on Seward Hill!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Gorgeous views. Outdoor/indoor. Custom lighting for mood and color themes. Lots of different areas - dance floor, bar, seated dining, ceremony and altar. But the best part is the friendly and honorable owners who will literally meet all of your needs and expectations down... Read More to the last detail.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah A

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful this place is - you have to go see it for yourself! My husband and I fell in love with the venue instantly and all of our family and friends still talk about how beautiful it was. The stone backdrop for the ceremony is gorgeous, and... Read More we loved the flow of all the indoor and outdoor space for the reception. I also loved the the private gazebo where we got to spend some moments alone after the ceremony before the reception began. Sidonee and Sean were both so helpful and accommodating as we were planning and Anthony was such a big help on the big day! If you are getting married in Austin, I couldn't think of a better place!

Superior Wedding Ceremony/Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I could not be happier that my daughter's wedding was at Vista on Seward Hill. The facility is beautiful. The lighting was well done. It is spacious and well laid out. Plenty of indoor and outdoors seating for guests to enjoy-everything was just perfect. Their expertise in... Read More planning aspects was much appreciated.

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Christonya H

This was the event of the year, not only for my myself and my husband, but for all our family and friends. After our wedding we were asked if we would get married again each year because everyone had so much fun. The Vista on Seward Hill was the perfect venue for my wine... Read More themed wedding in October. The outdoor Courtyard and Fire Garden provided a sun kissed haven for my guests to relax while the enchanting Grand Room set the stage for an intimate dining experience for everyone. Did someone say PARTY? The Pavilion was transformed with the best light show and DJ I could ever ask for. A big shout out to Shawn and Anthony. Thanks guys! Larry and Sidonee mean what they say and say what they mean and are beautiful people inside and out. They were WONDERFUL to work with! I want to thank the WHOLE Vista family for making our wedding as wonderful as it was. I would really do it all over again. Love, Christonya & Dr. Thomas Hogan

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kari W

We visited about 10 wedding venues in person (and contacted many others via email and/or researched them online), but I just didn't feel that enthusiastic about any of them until we visited VOSH. As soon as we started looking around the venue, I knew it was right for us! This... Read More hidden gem is easily one of the best venues in town. First, it's a TERRIFIC value. All of your tables and chairs are included with the price, and you also get the wonderful DJ and coordinator, Anthony. Anthony was absolutely amazing, and you will not even need a wedding coordinator with him on board- so there's some savings right there! They also have a projector and screen, which was important to us because we wanted to show a slideshow during the reception. And they have a really cool bubble machine for your departure- which makes for great pictures. With all of that included, you will save a bundle. Next, Sidonee and everyone else involved was very communicative and on-top of things. There were some venues that I emailed or contacted when we were first shopping around that didn't even bother getting back to me, which blew my mind. If the venue is not taking care of you right off the bat, you can't trust them with your wedding day! Our entire experience with VOSH was seamless. Last, we loved that the property was uniquely divided into 3 separate areas: the outdoor ceremony area, the dinner building, and the dancing/bar building. It made for a really organized traffic flow, and made decorating and turnover that much easier. We had considered some of the other options in Dripping Springs and the Hill Country, and there are a lot of fabulous venues out there, but after a long drive out to the Hill Country to visit a venue, we knew we wanted some place inside the Austin city limits. VOSH is easy enough for all of your in-town guests to find and access, and we got so many compliments on our venue.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Chris C

The Vista on Seward Hill My partner of 15 years and I had been waiting for our home state of Texas to recognize our right to marry. On Friday June 26, 2015, the Supreme Court of the United States of America ruled that ALL states must allow same-sex couples to marry. That... Read More very day we secured our marriage licence and began to plan our long awaited wedding. We scanned the web looking for a venue and happened upon The Vista on Seward Hill very early in our search. We sent an inquiry that night and received a response in what had to be record time. Sidonee (owner of the venue) called me on Sunday responding to our inquiry and delivering the great good news that our desired date September 5, 2015 had just miraculously become available, smack dab in the middle of wedding season. The couple that had that date decided to postpone their wedding day. We took the tour that day meeting Sidonee and her handsome husband Larry. These two are the warmest, kindest and most fun people we could have hoped for. They were delighted to have us as clients and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The venue is stunning and just what we never imagined, because frankly I hadn't been thinking of where or even when we would marry. I mean dang!, we live in Texas. Sidonee had a wealth of information and practically held our hands as we navigated the very new to us world of wedding planning. Sean did a masterful job of lighting the venue in our chosen colors. The able assistance of Anthony was invaluable. He walks you through the whole event helping you plan and time everything from A to Z and he is a killer DJ, too!! The day arrived hardly more than 2 months after we had decided on a date. We had the most wonderful venue, food, officiant (Rev. Lorelei Starbuck, google search her) flowers, outfits and more. Our list had grown from our original plan of 100 to 150+ and ready or not it was time to tie the knot. We had what several guests refereed to as "the wedding of the century". All night and many conversations since we have heard what a beautiful wedding it was and what a terrific venue at which to have held it. We couldn't be more happy with our decision to hold our most special day at The Vista on Seward Hill. Gina Mayfield (married lady)

Reviewed on 5/23/2015

I can't say enough wonderful things about this venue!! Not only was it beautiful, charming, warm, & welcoming; but the level of support in the planning process was beyond our expectations! We recently celebrated our 6th anniversary, & I called to see if we would be able to sneak... Read More in & remenisce for a bit. Larry & Sidonee were so kind! Not only did they allow us to visit, but they had music & lighting all ready for us! It truly shows when someone loves what they do, & it is especially evident here! They are more welcoming & accommodating than anyone I have ever met!

Reviewed on 5/05/2015

When my husband and I saw this venue, we were in awe and fell in love with the place. We canceled the rest of our venue appointments and book VOSH immediately. Larry and Sidonee are the most caring people ever and they treat you like family. They responded to my calls and emails... Read More very promptly and let me visit the venue countless of times to help with the planning. My guests were blown away with place and still talk about how breathtaking and gorgeous my wedding was. VOSH also provides the DJ who is the BOMB!!! I did not get a wedding planner and I'm glad I didn't. Anthony got with us in person and help outline our timeline, music, and gave us helpful tips. Sean (Larry and Sidonee's son) offers great up-lighting and chandeliers which I'm glad I added cause it definitely gave a polished look. I went with their preferred cater and vendors because they are already familiar with the place and if something went wrong they knew exactly how to fix it. My wedding day went off without a hitch and IT WAS PERFECT...that's how you want to remember your big day. THANK YOU VOSH!!!!!!

Beautiful Venue!

Reviewed on 12/05/2014 Megan D

Sidonee and Larry were amazing and the venue was awesome and functional. The buildings are beautiful and the grounds are very well kept. They also had great vendor recommendations. The ONLY reason I am not giving them a full 5 stars is because their coordinator Anthony was... Read More hard to get a hold of, constantly canceled/rescheduled planned meetings, and was an hour late to our rehearsal. I am sure that he was very busy in the midst of wedding season, but I am very Type A and this really got underneath my skin. I will say though that Anthony was wonderful on the day of the wedding. He kept things running smooth and on time. He did a good job of wrangling of everyone, and he got all the music just right. I was very happy with how everything turned out. I would recommend this venue t anyone looking for a an elegant rustic wedding, but I would definitely be sure to triple confirm with Anthony on everything.

Best wedding venue in Austin

Reviewed on 11/23/2014 Megan F

We used VOSH as our reception venue, and it was the best decision we made in our wedding celebrations. Sidonee was so supportive and a wealth of knowledge. This space is idyllic. My guests were raving all night. There is so much character here and everywhere you look it is a... Read More picgureque sight. We were able to bring our own alcohol which was a must. Anthony the DJ was so helpful and professional. He helped organize the night and corral the guests, in addition to providing a great dance party. We went to VOSH on multiple occasions in preparation of the wedding. It was always a great experience and I will miss going up there now. There is not a single complaint I have and would recommend VOSH to anyone and everyone!

So happy!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Tiffani H

I am so happy I chose the Vista for my October 2014 wedding! The location is great being so close into town, and you get so much for your money here! It was really nice to have a single vendor to deal with that handled so many pieces of my wedding! All of the people I worked... Read More with were very helpful and responsive. Everything was very black and white with them...I had no misunderstandings whatsoever. DJ Anthony (who is provided with your booking) was amazing. He was so helpful in walking me through my timeline, picking out my music and really keeping our event on track during the wedding night! Everything went off without a hitch! I've had so many compliments on what a great venue it is...I would not hesitate to recommend The Vista and I'd definitely use them again if I had to do it all over!

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Hannah M

What a great venue! The owners are fantastic, the space is beautiful and versatile and it is literally the PERFECT space if you want a true indoor/outdoor wedding. As far as ATX venues are concerned this is the best value by far! They don't nickel and dime their clients like... Read More most places.

A night to remember

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Alex M

From the day we toured the venue, Sidonee and her husband were amazing - very knowledgeable about their venue, could recommend someone for everything you need, and were incredibly helpful when needed, but stayed in the background as well. Their son, Sean, was starting his... Read More lighting business and did a fantastic job with our chandeliers and venue lighting - we received SO many compliments from guests regarding the beautiful setup. This venue doesn't need a lot of additions due to its natural beauty and landscape. They are always improving/changing something up, however, you will never see construction! Wonderful people to work with, I would highly reccommed The Vista on Seward Hill!!

Wedding venue of my dreams

Reviewed on 10/05/2014 Ashley B

My husband and myself had the pleasure of getting married at Vista on Sept 27th. I could not have dreamt of a better venue to say I do at. It was above anything I could have imagined. Having the indoor and outdoor element made the flow of our wedding awesome. And DJ Anthony, who... Read More is their in house DJ was far more above that. He handled every single aspect from guest sitting, silencing phones, direction to us for photos, timing and introductions. I would have been a frantic bride with out him. Our florist just added to the gorgeous venue and made it picture perfect.

Reviewed on 9/30/2014

My husband and I recently go married Sunday September 28, 2014. I was beyond nervous, but Sidonee and Larry were the best. Attentive to our needs, and reassured my husband and I that everything was going to be ok, and it was. The venue alone had our guests awe struck, and the... Read More venue staff were awesome. Even the venue's pet Bentley was awesome. My experience with this venue was just great. I will tell any bride to use The Vista on Seward Hill for the experience and for the professionalism. I love the owners to death they made my experience the best day of my life.