Book Your Wedding with The Vista on Seward Hill

A BALLROOM IN AUSTIN, TX

Located on a scenic hilltop in Austin, Texas, the Vista on Seward Hill is an historic venue with lavish amenities for a memorable and elegant wedding day. Offering intimate lounges, decorative iron candelabras and a 100-year-old, glass-lined pavilion, the setting seamlessly unites opulent grandeur with tasteful delicacy. Outdoor and indoor spaces are available for a ceremony and reception. While this venue offers the convenience of urban accessibility, the secluded setting creates a romantic ambiance and a sense of privacy.

The Stone Courtyard. Inspired by Tuscan charm, the space features a three-tiered fountain, four columns of fire and stone statues that are reminiscent of the Italian Renaissance. It’s a picturesque spot for a ceremony. The courtyard’s stone alter is surrounded by treetops, giving it that extra little touch of romantic tranquility.

The Grand Banquet Hall. This indoor setting offers crystal chandeliers, private niches adorned with artwork and a dance floor. Couples can opt for professional lighting to give the space a romantically unique flavor.

The bride and groom may stage their reception outdoors on the stone patio, surrounded by trees, fountains and waterfalls. Tables can be set up in a banquet-style arrangement, while strings of white patio lights crisscross over the dining area from tree branches. Dangling white lanterns can be strung in the trees, giving the space a warm evening glow.

There’s also a private outdoor gazebo where the newly-wed couple can sit down at a table for two and enjoy a post-ceremony cocktail together. An elegant candelabra hangs from the ceiling in this quiet spot.

All of the chairs and tables are provided by the venue for both the indoor and outdoor settings. There are three stone tables available, which come with complementary fire logs. Table linens are not included in the rental fee.

For both indoor and outdoor spaces, lighting options and a complete sound system with wireless microphones are included in the rental. Multi-colored LED lighting can be designed by the couple to match the glowing garden lantern balls in the courtyard setting.

Rental of the facility is for a total of eight hours, including one hour dedicated to the rehearsal, two hours for setup, one hour for cleanup and a total of four hours for the ceremony and reception.

Catering isn’t provided at the venue, however the facility does provide a list of preferred caterers in the area. Couples should contact the facility to inquire about guest capacity.

Some unique perks of renting the venue include:

• Complementary commercial margarita machine
  • Professional DJ included with the rental of the venue
  • Private bride’s room and a masculine space for the groom and his men
  • Bubble machine for the grand departure

Magnificent West Austin Venue

The Vista on Seward Hill offers a picturesque setting for a lavish and elegant wedding day. The grounds are filled with waterfalls, ponds, flower gardens and statues. Unique Chrystal chandlers,& Modern Elegant Atmosphere makes The Vista on Seward Hill a setting where events are never forgotten! Ten minutes from downtown where Visit our Open House Wed 6-8 pm .Sat 12-2 pm THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS,THE IDEAS INFINITE,AND THE OUTCOME ...FLAWLESS!

Ballroom, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue

Destination Weddings, Planning

6414 W. Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX (512) 327-3843

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 SE Z

It's a truly magical place to get married and the owners and staff make it even better. The grounds are spectacular and there is not one area of the venue that isn't picture perfect! The staff and owners are extremely forthcoming with pricing and booking information. Like any... Read More venue be sure to review what comes with the venue and what doesn't though the staff and owners are very patient and prompt in providing you with any answer to questions, even if they're after your big day. VOSH gave us our dream wedding and the icing on the cake was that all of our guests had an amazing time as well. I highly recommend VOSH.

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Lauren F

We absolutely loved having our wedding reception at The Vista. In our venue search, we visited the Vista on Seward Hill and had no desire to see any others. Larry and Sidonee are extremely personable and operate like friends rather than vendors. They bent over backwards to make... Read More sure our wedding day was everything it was supposed to be, even opening up their home for the groom and I to share a private dinner during our reception. They were always available to answer questions and made wedding planning a breeze. Couldn't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Maura L

Sidonee & Larry are absolutely lovely people! From the first moment I️ spoke with Sidonee over the phone to speaking with Larry right before we departed they made sure to provide us with the very best recommendations, advice and accommodations. The venue is nothing short of... Read More amazing! I️t couldn’t have been more perfect in every way! Go with VOSH you won’t regret I️t!

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Amanda B

We recently had our wedding at the Vista on 11/4. We got engaged a few months after moving from Austin to Portland, OR - so we decided that getting married in Austin was the best choice. I was stressed about having to plan a wedding from halfway across the country, but after... Read More finding this venue and calling and speaking with Sidonee over the phone, I was put at ease! I felt so comfortable speaking with her we booked the venue without seeing it in person. Our first trip to Austin we went by the venue for a tour and I was in LOVE. The photos are beautiful but there's nothing like seeing it in person! After meeting with the DJ, Anthony, I knew everything was going to go smoothly. He runs the show perfectly and on the day of our wedding I didn't worry about a thing! This venue was absolutely magical, everyone we encountered that worked with the venue was helpful and friendly - I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Callie W

Our fall wedding at the Vista on Seward Hill was absolutely gorgeous. The space is so beautiful, and we loved that there is a separate space for everything - a ceremony site outdoors, a courtyard for cocktail hour, a dining hall, and a ballroom for dancing. Our guests were... Read More absolutely blown away by how gorgeous the venue was. Sidonee is extremely easy to communicate with and was super accommodating to ensure our day turned out perfectly! Thank you!

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Anand S

We held a 40th birthday celebration at The Vista on Seward Hill and our experience was amazing. The venue offers a combination of indoor and outdoor space with very creative nooks that allows people to interact on whatever setting they choose. The outdoor dining setup (which... Read More we did) including the buffet area was amazing. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating. Highly recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Sarah C

I looked at tons of wedding venues in and around Austin, but none of them felt like "the right place". As soon as I toured VOSH, I KNEW it was perfect for our wedding day! From the koi ponds, multiple water fountains, elegant ceremony wall, separate dining/reception buildings... Read More and gorgeous landscaped grounds (the list goes on), we couldn't have had asked for a more romantic setting. Even my (now) husband loved it, which says a lot coming from a man :) The venue has so much character and on site decor, so I didn't really have to do much additional decoration planning which ended up saving us money in the end!! We had family coming in from other states and wanted to keep them in Austin, so location was perfect too! The owners, Larry and Sidonee, and venue coordinator/DJ, Anthony, greeted us with warm hugs and hospitality from the first time we met. These 3 truly care about doing everything they can to make dreams come true for couples starting a future together. Through countless phone calls, emails, texts and site visits, they always there to help with anything!! I got married there on 9-15-17. It was everything we imagined, plus more! We had about 130 guests and there was plenty of space for people to gather in the reception hall, boogie on the dancefloor, or just enjoy the gorgeous scenery outside. Even though we were in the city, it felt like a magical escape in the hill country. To this day, my guests are raving about how beautiful our wedding was :) Thank you to all of the staff here! VOSH will always be a special part of the day we said "I do". I would recommend VOSH to any bride on the search for a perfect inside/outside wedding venue in Austin!

Reviewed on 10/16/2017

What a wonderful experience! My husband and I were married at the Vista September 16. The whole experience was amazing. Sidonee and Larry helped us from start to finish. We are from out of town and she was able suggest the best vendors. The DJ, Anthony, was fantastic! So much... Read More more than just someone to play music, he really helped to organize and keep the evening going throughout the evening. On top of all of that, the venue is so beautiful. We loved the facility from the moment we saw it. Best day ever!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Avra L

This place was absolutely magical. It's sweet and charming and unique to other venues. It's been recently renovated and especially when decorated it will absolutely blow guests away! The owners are also incredible, friendly and very kind people - it was an honor to be married on... Read More their property. The DJ was also included and he did a great job of following our requests and leading the crowd through the night. Amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Sehr Q

The venue is just perfect! It is everything you could ever want in an outdoor venue: beautiful stone work, nice tall oaks, gorgeous water fountains, the list goes on and on! Sidonee and Larry (property owners/mangers) were the cherry on top, they were helpful throughout the... Read More planning and execution of the wedding. It rained the morning of our event and they made sure everything was in order and the wedding went all according to plan!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Kimberly A

VOSH is a beautiful wedding venue and also nice for special events. Sidonee and her husband at VOSH were great and very welcoming! They were helpful and clear throughout the whole process. They were always quick to return my phone calls and had no problems whenever I needed to... Read More go to the venue to take my vendors to check out the place. Anthony(dj/sound man at VOSH) was also great. He helped with getting our slideshow up for the day of, and also was there for the rehearsal and the day of to help run things(music, microphones, wedding party entrance) smoothly. Sean(her son) was helpful with getting the uplighting done for us throughout the whole venue. Which made the place look beautiful. I would highly recommend his services. They have a great team at VOSH. I was blessed to have the opportunity to work with such great people. I would highly recommend VOSH for anyone looking to have a wedding or special event.

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Elaine F

VOSH was the PERFECT place for our wedding. Anthony ran our wedding like a well-oiled machine and was so lovely to work with. On the day, when ever any vendors asked me almost anything, I pointed them to Anthony! And he handled it all like a pro. And Sidonee was lovely and... Read More completely flexible from the start. Such a sweetheart. Oh, and everyone raved about our venue! Couldn't have asked for better. Thanks VOSH!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Kim K

We had our May 26, 2017 wedding at Vista on Seward Hill (or VOSH). When I first stepped into VOSH, it felt "magical." It is just beautiful and green and always looked great no matter when we went (we visited the venue several times before our wedding). It's a very unique venue... Read More where the dinner hall is in a separate house from the reception area, so guests move into the reception area after dinner. Larry and Sidonee, the owners of the venue, were so friendly and helpful throughout the process. (They seem very respected in the Austin wedding community.) They made some changes to VOSH over the course of a few weeks right before our wedding (which I admit, did give us some minor heart attacks). Most of the changes were great though--they installed a beautiful new bar in the reception hall, but a few changes I was not as crazy about. For instance, the black archway that was covered in lights was taken down. Fortunately, they were willing to put it back up for our wedding and our guests loved taking pictures there. Several of our guests commented about how beautiful the venue was. You also really don't need that many decorations/flowers since it's so lush and green (we only had a few fake flower arrangements). Another great thing about VOSH is that you get a lot of bang for your buck as the price of the venue includes a DJ and day-of coordinator--Anthony. Anthony kept our wedding running smoothly and his song selection during the reception was great. (My one minor quibble is that he was sometimes slow to respond to our emails.) We are so glad we choose VOSH for our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Karen D

The Vista on Seward Hill is the most beautiful venue located in Austin, Texas! I am so very thankful for Sidonee and her team for making my sorority's formal a success, thats right, SORORITY FORMAL! I did not expect a wedding venue to adjust to our needs, but VOSH did. They went... Read More above and beyond and included services that helped me (the planner of the event) out. The venue is absolutely spectacular as every ne of our sisters thought so too. It's also hard to please 200+ people, but at VOSH, everyone had a great time. There are three convenient bars, photo opportunities just about everywhere you turn, a rockin' dancefloor + a rockin' DJ. My favorite thing about Vosh was that it was secluded from the city, and it was like our event was in its own private city. I can go on and on about how wonderful VOSH is. I got engaged recently, and I definetly know where I'm going to get married in the years to come. Thank you so much VOSH.

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Lindsay V

We had an absolutely gorgeous reception at the Vista on Seward Hill in June. After looking at several different venues, we immediately fell in love with VOSH. The grounds are beautiful with so many different indoor and outdoor seating options for guests, and we loved the set up... Read More of the dinning room and separate indoor dance floor and bar area. Larry and Sidonee were wonderful to work with, and they even came and danced at our reception:) Anthony, the DJ and coordinator at the venue, was great in helping the reception to move along smoothly and ensuring a fun and classy evening. I would highly recommend this venue if you desire a truly beautiful wedding venue with a great location in Austin.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Rigo M

The Vista on Seward Hill was THE PERFECT venue for our wedding! I wanted something romantic and gorgeous and The VOSH was just that. The venue itself is so beautiful you really don't even need much decorations or anything. The staff are super friendly and they are prompt... Read More responders to anything you have questions about. We LOVED it, our guests loved it, and our wedding was absolutely magically beautiful!!! I would get married here over and over again to my husband if I could lol

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Jenna S

Our wedding venue was gorgeous! After two years of planning with some bumps on the way we finally got married (woo!!) Owner Sidonee along side her Husband and son are so sweet, easy to talk to and very accommodating. The property itself is gorgeous with the string of lights... Read More going from tree to tree, optional lanterns in every color possible, fire pit cocktail tables outside and all the gorgeous soothing fountains! Then there is the two buildings which are great for having a separate dinning room and a separate dancing room while still being in the same area! The DJ that comes with the venue, Anthony, is a sweet man and very accommodating as well! He made sure our guest go to point a to point b, took special request while playing popular favorites and variety of music and played great cocktail hour music! Couldn't say enough about the vista!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Hilary B

Words can not express how much I love this venue. I attended a wedding here 2 weeks ago and somehow left my (expensive) sunglasses there. I called a week later hoping someone had turned them in. Well sure enough, the owner said he had them and the cleaners always leave whatever... Read More they find on his desk the next day. Things such as jewels of dresses, shoes, and money have all been turned in. In my opinion that is absolutely amazing. On top of that the owner mailed me my sunglasses first class the very next day. I can't thank the staff enough for everything they did. This venue is well kept with the perfect amount of hill country charm and filled with the most amazing and caring staff.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Sabrina W

Words cannot truly express how perfect my wedding was, it was truly out of a dream. From the atmosphere to the food, everything was amazing. When I first walked into the venue to tour it, my mouth dropped. There was an issue with my previous venue and I had to find a new one... Read More within a week. Sidonee was there to welcome me with open arms. I knew that this was THE place before knowing any of the details. This venue has everything you could ask for and more. Sidonee and Larry are such a pleasure to work with. They really care about their clients and are all around great people!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

Oh my goodness, where do I start bragging on this venue. The most beautiful place with the most beautiful people who are just like family. If you are thinking of a destination wedding in Austin you need to call Larry and Sidonee. They made my daughter's wedding day a true... Read More success and many of the guests said what a wonderful location. Chandeliers hanging in the trees and beautiful fountains and statues. What is not too love. Unfortunately I only have one daughter and can't do it again.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Perrine C

We just got married at The Vista on Seward Hill and it was perfect. Not only the venue looked like a dream but the staff was really helpful, making it low stress for me. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

Where do I begin about VOSH? Not only is this property breathtaking beautiful but so is the spirit of the more than personable owners- Larry and Sidonee. My now husband and I married only a short 4 month engagement and they helped us plan and navigate everything from ceremony to... Read More reception setup. It came recommended by our coordinator Patrice and being that I lived in Dallas I was limited in my availability to see the property and resorted to Yelp and online mediums for pics. The pictures online are beautiful but they do this place NO JUSTICE- as a bride you MUST visit the property and see it in all of its glory. Again being that we both reside out of town- my groom overseas, they kept us abreast of everything, answered every question even when they were away on vacation and were patient and understanding of our needs throughout the entire process. They were so loving, giving and ensured that VOSH would be everything we needed it to be on that day and gosh was it. As for the big wedding day- IT was amazing! The view was loved by our guests and even Sean of Austin Event Lighting- also a vendor that I highly recommend made some suggestions that ensured it went off without a hitch with perfect needed lighting. The transitions from ceremony garden to dining hall to reception room were smooth and we more than enjoyed the gorgeous picturesque bridal suite and my groom more than indulged in the groom's game room man cave so much so that he wants one of his own lol. If you are in the market for a wedding venue that isn't your typical hotel scene, gives you opulence in its ambiance with a Midsummer's Night Dream Glamour feel- please know that VISTA ON SEWARD HILL owned and operated by southern gems- Larry and Sidonee Seward is the BEST PLACE IN AUSTIN- HANDS DOWN! It was my first venue that I looked at and everything after it was more than lackluster! Thank you Mr. Larry and Mrs. Sidonee for making our wedding dreams come true! Dominique and Carlos Samuel

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Laura C

I really want to thank VOSH. I dreamt of a grand wedding since I was a little girl. With our extremely tight budget VOSH was so helpful and made my dream come true. They worked so hard and surprised me with such beautiful blessings I will never forget. I am so appreciative for... Read More everything they helped us with. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, they are extremely organized so I really just needed to show up and enjoy my wedding. I highly recommend VOSH to everyone. I really thank you again for helping my fairytale dream come true.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Amanda N

My husband and I said our vows with family and friends on May 27, 16 at the VOSH. I wanted an outdoor wedding with a Texas feel and I got it. The back drop is gorgeous. Indoor option if it rains, ceremony and reception in one area, the bridal room to the grooms room, I will... Read More never forget the Secret garden.They have thought of it all.We left relaxed, assured and confident that our wedding was going to be spectacular after each meeting. The Seward's gave us great advice and shared information when choosing vendors. Vendors have nothing but positive and great things to say about them and the venue. Our wedding turned out to be more beautiful and amazing than I would have ever dreamed of. Anthony was outstanding DJ and you have nothing to worry about the day of. Our guests never stopped dancing, out friends keep telling us how much fun our wedding was. Sean was great with the photo booth, must do at any event. Thank you to all at The Vista on Seward Hill for making our wedding the one night we will never forget! I encourage anyone to stop by and take a look at the VOSH. Love, Pete and Amanda Forsberg

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

I found this place and when I stepped in the grounds my face fell into my hands and I cried, I knew this was my venue. We had a small intimate wedding but we had very intricate details. We all dressed up as fairies with jewels and we wanted a fairytale ambiance. Sidonee and... Read More Larry, the owners, were 110 percent supportive. They always answered my calls and emails. Sidonee helped me with several different matters through out the year of planning. She was my rock. Our caterers and Anthony, the dj, were some of the most accommodating, patient and caring people. We felt loved. We had some kids and the staff would just jump into help us. This was my dream wedding come true. Not only is this place stunning and big and affordable it is priceless in terms of your dreams coming true. Thank you the vista.

Sidonee Seward

Sidonee Seward Owner of The Vista on Seward Hill. She visits with each bride one on one and will even help you plan your wedding from start to finish and Yes "She is As Sweet as she looks" "Start here and you will not have to look any further"