The Vista on Seward Hill

Planning, Rentals + Equipment

6414 W. Bee Cave Road, Austin, TX

Best Wedding Venue in Austin

Reviewed on 3/19/2015 Kelly H

My Husband (!!) and I were recently married at Vista on Seward Hill (aka VOSH) on March 7th 2015! I have nothing but positive things to say about our experiences at VOSH. It's a family owned and operated business and the Seward's do everything they can to make each wedding as... Read More perfect as possible. I learned from our first visit to the venue that if something goes wrong at a wedding they see to it immediately that another wedding will not experience the same issue - and our day was just PERFECT! Sidonee & Larry are so kind and helpful with all questions, and make you feel right at home. I am a born and raised Austinite who moved to Dallas after graduating college - so I did most of the planning remotely and visited the venue with my Mom every time I was back in town. Larry and Sidonee did everything possible to make the long-distance planning process a dream!! Sean, who handles all the lighting and AV (a great value for what is included!!!) also was so easy to work with, and produced exactly what I was imagining for the day of! The venue also includes an in house DJ/MC/Coordinator, Anthony - who did a wonderful job! He helped us with the planning process, day of logistics and played all the requested tunes to get our guests up on the dance floor. I even received a personal thank you note from the Seward's after the event - such a kind gesture. All in all - the most perfect of days and I am so glad we picked VOSH to help us celebrate!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Maricela E

The best night of my life! Seriously. I first was at this beautiful venue 5 years ago at my mom’s wedding. I knew when it was time this was exactly where I wanted to have my wedding. This was purely based on appearance it was GORGEOUS inside and out. It is such a beautiful place... Read More it even saved me in decorations! Then when it was time to start planning Larry and Sidonee made me feel so comfortable they treated me like family. Anthony, the in house coordinator/planner was my life saver on the day of. He kept things along the schedule. So not only is the venue beautiful the people within it were even better! We had a bit of a weather scare. It was about 40 degrees during the ceremony outside but our guests were not even bothered. The day after the wedding I received numerous compliments on how beautiful the location/venue was. We are now approaching our one year anniversary and oh how I wish I could be back at this venue re-living our wedding day. The Vista on Seward Hill exceeded all my expectations and made this day the best day ever!

Romantic venue

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Bree S

The Vista on Seward Hill is an incredibly romantic venue to have an outdoor wedding ceremony. The venue is multifaceted with several large rooms and seating areas that add diversity and charm to your reception. It is all inclusive and provides a an incredible DJ and 2 patient,... Read More kind owners that live on property. The relationship is personal and not commercial. I would get married there again in a heart beat! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Sabrina W

Words cannot truly express how perfect my wedding was, it was truly out of a dream. From the atmosphere to the food, everything was amazing. When I first walked into the venue to tour it, my mouth dropped. There was an issue with my previous venue and I had to find a new one... Read More within a week. Sidonee was there to welcome me with open arms. I knew that this was THE place before knowing any of the details. This venue has everything you could ask for and more. Sidonee and Larry are such a pleasure to work with. They really care about their clients and are all around great people!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016

Oh my goodness, where do I start bragging on this venue. The most beautiful place with the most beautiful people who are just like family. If you are thinking of a destination wedding in Austin you need to call Larry and Sidonee. They made my daughter's wedding day a true... Read More success and many of the guests said what a wonderful location. Chandeliers hanging in the trees and beautiful fountains and statues. What is not too love. Unfortunately I only have one daughter and can't do it again.

Reviewed on 10/03/2016 Perrine C

We just got married at The Vista on Seward Hill and it was perfect. Not only the venue looked like a dream but the staff was really helpful, making it low stress for me. Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

Where do I begin about VOSH? Not only is this property breathtaking beautiful but so is the spirit of the more than personable owners- Larry and Sidonee. My now husband and I married only a short 4 month engagement and they helped us plan and navigate everything from ceremony to... Read More reception setup. It came recommended by our coordinator Patrice and being that I lived in Dallas I was limited in my availability to see the property and resorted to Yelp and online mediums for pics. The pictures online are beautiful but they do this place NO JUSTICE- as a bride you MUST visit the property and see it in all of its glory. Again being that we both reside out of town- my groom overseas, they kept us abreast of everything, answered every question even when they were away on vacation and were patient and understanding of our needs throughout the entire process. They were so loving, giving and ensured that VOSH would be everything we needed it to be on that day and gosh was it. As for the big wedding day- IT was amazing! The view was loved by our guests and even Sean of Austin Event Lighting- also a vendor that I highly recommend made some suggestions that ensured it went off without a hitch with perfect needed lighting. The transitions from ceremony garden to dining hall to reception room were smooth and we more than enjoyed the gorgeous picturesque bridal suite and my groom more than indulged in the groom's game room man cave so much so that he wants one of his own lol. If you are in the market for a wedding venue that isn't your typical hotel scene, gives you opulence in its ambiance with a Midsummer's Night Dream Glamour feel- please know that VISTA ON SEWARD HILL owned and operated by southern gems- Larry and Sidonee Seward is the BEST PLACE IN AUSTIN- HANDS DOWN! It was my first venue that I looked at and everything after it was more than lackluster! Thank you Mr. Larry and Mrs. Sidonee for making our wedding dreams come true! Dominique and Carlos Samuel

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Laura C

I really want to thank VOSH. I dreamt of a grand wedding since I was a little girl. With our extremely tight budget VOSH was so helpful and made my dream come true. They worked so hard and surprised me with such beautiful blessings I will never forget. I am so appreciative for... Read More everything they helped us with. The venue is absolutely breathtaking, they are extremely organized so I really just needed to show up and enjoy my wedding. I highly recommend VOSH to everyone. I really thank you again for helping my fairytale dream come true.

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Amanda N

My husband and I said our vows with family and friends on May 27, 16 at the VOSH. I wanted an outdoor wedding with a Texas feel and I got it. The back drop is gorgeous. Indoor option if it rains, ceremony and reception in one area, the bridal room to the grooms room, I will... Read More never forget the Secret garden.They have thought of it all.We left relaxed, assured and confident that our wedding was going to be spectacular after each meeting. The Seward's gave us great advice and shared information when choosing vendors. Vendors have nothing but positive and great things to say about them and the venue. Our wedding turned out to be more beautiful and amazing than I would have ever dreamed of. Anthony was outstanding DJ and you have nothing to worry about the day of. Our guests never stopped dancing, out friends keep telling us how much fun our wedding was. Sean was great with the photo booth, must do at any event. Thank you to all at The Vista on Seward Hill for making our wedding the one night we will never forget! I encourage anyone to stop by and take a look at the VOSH. Love, Pete and Amanda Forsberg

Reviewed on 6/15/2016

I found this place and when I stepped in the grounds my face fell into my hands and I cried, I knew this was my venue. We had a small intimate wedding but we had very intricate details. We all dressed up as fairies with jewels and we wanted a fairytale ambiance. Sidonee and... Read More Larry, the owners, were 110 percent supportive. They always answered my calls and emails. Sidonee helped me with several different matters through out the year of planning. She was my rock. Our caterers and Anthony, the dj, were some of the most accommodating, patient and caring people. We felt loved. We had some kids and the staff would just jump into help us. This was my dream wedding come true. Not only is this place stunning and big and affordable it is priceless in terms of your dreams coming true. Thank you the vista.

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Sara D

My husband and I tied the knot at VOSH in April 2016! It was the perfect venue for our outdoor spring garden wedding. VOSH is an absolutely gorgeous garden space with beautiful ponds, status, and thoughtful details everywhere you look. Sidonee and her husband were a pleasure to... Read More work with. Not only were they professional, helpful, and prompt with our questions, but they were also kind and made us both feel at ease. The amenities/staff that come with the venue were also great...less work for me! It was also great to know that if it had rained, then we would have had beautiful buildings to have both our ceremony and reception to accommodate our 200 guests. Couldn't love this place more! Wish I could get married again.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Paulina P

Sidonee and her husband are absolutely amazing. She was so helpful throughout the entire process and was always great about getting back to me. The venue is breathtaking, and even though it was over cast and raining the day of my wedding, God truly provided when he made the rain... Read More stop just in time so that the wedding was able to be outside. I can't thank them enough for giving me the wedding of my dreams at their amazing venue/home. Not to mention, the guys LOVED the billiards room and everyone was talking about how personable Sidonee was. It was so convenient being able to have the ceremony and the reception at the same location. You will NOT be disappointed with this venue choice, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016

My (now) husband and I had our wedding here on 4.10.16. We were looking for a location that could accommodate a tiny party of 6 people total (including bride&groom) for a quick ceremony (no reception) and were drawn to the photos of the Vista on Seward Hill. We contacted Sidonee... Read More on a whim, not expecting such a large and successful venue to be willing to help us out, but we were wrong! Not only did they work with us for the short ceremony- Sidonee saw that we had what we needed day of and even set up a small flower arrangement for us since we weren't bringing any decorations with us. Hands down, the Vista on Seward Hill is the BEST venue in Austin. The kindness and hospitality we were treated with was exceptional and our wedding was more intimate and romantic than I could have imagined. Highly Recommend.

A Dream Come True

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Elise L

Hello brides and grooms! My wedding is 3 months out, but I have to let all brides know that Sidonee and her husband Larry have been so helpful! First off the venue is this breathtaking, spacious atmosphere! I cried as soon as I stepped into the magical ambiance that is the... Read More Vista because I knew I found my dream venue. There are statues and waterfalls surrounded by lush greenery. Sidonee and Larry provide beautiful lighting and will adjust color to your liking. The rate includes some center pieces and a D.J which is un heard of. To add the cherry to an already insatiable place I have been calling Sidonee and Larry non stop due to the pressure of the imminent wedding and they have went above and beyond for me. They always call me back with all my questions answered and more. I really can't rave enough about how wonderful these two people are. The venue also has a secret garden that will melt your heart. You and your husband will get to eat your first dinner as a married couple in a secret garden ( I mean come on)! I love them and I love The Vista. Love love love.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015 Katie M

My husband and I got married here two weeks ago. We have nothing but AMAZING things to say about this venue. When we were first looking at venues, we had in mind what we wanted; something rustic and in the country. Boy were we wrong! We heard great things about the vista and as... Read More soon as we stepped foot on the property we realized this was the place for us! Everything was beautiful and the owners were great! They make you feel at home and very comfortable. After costing venue a lot to do planning- I knew our day was going to be beautiful. Honestly day of the wedding when I walked up- it was magical. Everything was so amazing. The sewards son, Sean, owns a lighting company and he had hung chandeliers and it looked just beautiful. I had a lot of family from California that came to our wedding and they were blown away. If you are looking for a venue in Austin, this is the perfect place! The owners are great, the dj is amazing, and they will make your dream day become reality!!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Lindsey M

Exceeded Expectation! Immaculate Venue! My wedding was AMAZING!!! I asked for a dream wedding and that’s exactly what I got! Having my wedding at VOSH played a part in making my dream come true. The venue is very well kept- immaculate! The service was great and the support... Read More from Mr. & Mrs. Seward, Mr. Fernandez, and Mr. Krenek is truly genuine. At the time of the first moment my mother, former fiancé (now hubby) and I met Mr. & Mrs. Seward, I knew my coordinator- Shelley at Leave The Details to Me - recommended the perfect venue. Mr. & Mrs. Seward are so welcoming- offering more than open door access to their property. I can attest that the VOSH team truly cares for their clients and will look out for you from the time you first meet and beyond your special day! As a naïve bride, I asked many questions and got many questions answered timely. I ran across challenges that I overcame with the support of Mrs. Seward right by my side. I highly recommend VOSH to anyone seeking a great venue with great service!

Reviewed on 11/13/2015

This place is magical!!! Back in 2012 my lung disease, Cystic Fibrosis took a turn for the worse. I was put on 24/7 oxygen and also listed on the lung transplant list. My then boyfriend of 7 years and I felt it was necessary to get married as soon as possible. I reached out to... Read More the owner of the Vista and shared our story. I explained that we didnt have much financially but that our love was strong and we needed a wedding venue that felt special because we needed a miracle in order for me to get new lungs. The owner invited us to the Vista and as soon as we got there I felt the magic of the Hill. I knew this was the place. It was out of our price range but the wonderful owners helped us to get married in an intimate setting on 12.12.12. I cant explain the exact feeling but the Hill provided some type of healing that we desperately needed. Our wedding night was definitely magical and more than anything I could have dreamed of. I am happy to report that I received my new lungs on July 31, 2014 and my husband and I look forward to visiting the Vista on our 3rd wedding anniversary in December. We can not thank the owners enough for our wonderful wedding. We also can not wait to get back there and experience that magical and healing feeling that comes over you just by being there. Thank you so much to The Vista at Seward Hill!!!

Reviewed on 11/06/2015

The vista is the perfect place for a magical wedding night! We went with a Thursday wedding and it was a very reasonable weekday price. The location is perfect, just off of 360 and Bee Caves. Sidonee and Larry are what really makes this place shine, they truly care about... Read More providing excellent customer service and a memorable experience and it shows. This is one of the most beautiful venues which is why we picked it of course. There is as soon as you walk in a lovely little gazebo where you can place your welcome sign. You walk down a beautiful path towards where the ceremony area is, they do have a rain option as well. There is gorgeous landscaping all around you and it feels as if you stepped into another world, they are constantly upgrading and improving here. I love that the flow of the place isn't in one room. You have a separate dining area, and then an outdoor courtyard with fire pit tables and an outdoor bar. Then you have a breezeway with benches and plenty of seating to take you into the dance floor. There is also another great bar here with ample space...the large marble welcome table is where we had our mini dessert bar. There is a small nook where we had our photo booth, it was perfect for that. Best of all, there is a secret garden area! After the ceremony and photos, when everyone is eating, you get spirited away to enjoy some alone time and you get to BREATHE and take a few bites of food and sip on some cocktails and enjoy one another in newly married bliss. All of the lighting was wonderful, they include a color theme and also paper lanterns and if you have a screen of your monogram then they have a spotlight for the dance floor. The entire place is wired for sound and they have a microphone to use during the ceremony. They also have a projector where you can show a picture slideshow. They also include all of the tables and chairs, you must provide the linens. But this is a great package deal, they also throw in the just have to be very specific with him what type of music you want to play but there is a website that you can use in order to list out all of your wants and needs. We also opted to get an extra hour because the fun kept going there, literally everyone said we had the most fun wedding in the most gorgeous setting. I have zero regrets on my choice of venue, I am so glad that Sidonee and Larry made our special day truly amazing by having us over in their little slice of heaven (their house is also located on the property but it is tucked away in the back).

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 shari r

I can't say enough about the Krenek's, they're just flat out awesome they're very welcoming and made the process very easy. They're responsive to emails and worked well with my schedule for vendor meetings. It was clear to me they've done a ton of events and have thought through... Read More a lot of the details you may not have. The venue is very beautiful and really doesn't need a lot of decoration but can certainly handle it if you choose to go that route (I did) VOSH was the perfect venue for my wedding. Its affordable and easy to get to. An easy 5 stars for me!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We loved our wedding at The Vista on Seward Hill. Everything you read is absolutely true and makes for a magical day! Our guests enjoyed a beautiful ceremony followed by dinner and dancing, all in one charming location! Many thanks to Larry and Sidonee for making us feel like... Read More family and for making our wedding so special.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 judy l

We had our wedding in mid Sept 2015 and were blown away by the overall experience. We were planning our wedding from 250 miles south from Austin because we live here. I knew Austin was the perfect place for our wedding since I went to school there and just fell in love with... Read More the city. After a whole day of venue shopping, we decided to go to one last place that day that truthfully, pictures did not do it justice. The Vista on Seward Hill was everything and more that we were hoping to find in one place. The venue itself was exactly what we were looking for in terms of food that was recommended, atmosphere, scenery and overall experience. As a wedding venue we couldn’t fault anything. The food was out of this world and all our guests commented on the place and great time they had. It is so incredibly beautiful and has everything in 1 place. We talked a lot with Sidonee, the owner who was really helpful with whatever questions and things we needed and Anthony, the DJ/Wedding coordinator. The owners and Anthony were so nice, made sure we had everything we needed and was satisfied only when I was happy. Every year they remodel to make this already dream venue different for couples and guests to have a different experience. From lighting, to enchanting gardens with statues that will make your special day even more magical. The day of our wedding we were SO happy with how everything turned out. Sidonee, Sean and Anthony thank you so much for making our day the best day of our lives and one that our friends and family will be talking about for years to come

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Beautiful Memories Forever! There isn't enough words to express how wonderful this venue is. I got married there and the experience was definitely a memorable one for not only myself & my husband but for all our guest as well. So much so after my wedding my daughter chose to get... Read More married at this same place as well! From my wedding to her wedding, the experience and the service was top of the line each time. From the staff of the venue, the food, the ambiance and the "in house" master of ceremonies/DJ were all amazing. This venue has so many different areas for your guest to enjoy and feel comfortable. And I'd like to add, this venue has so many beautiful spots for bridal portraits. My bridal portrait and my daughter's are from this gorgeous venue. The bride's room is a must see! Thank you to all at The Vista on Seward Hill!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Gorgeous views. Outdoor/indoor. Custom lighting for mood and color themes. Lots of different areas - dance floor, bar, seated dining, ceremony and altar. But the best part is the friendly and honorable owners who will literally meet all of your needs and expectations down... Read More to the last detail.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Sarah A

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful this place is - you have to go see it for yourself! My husband and I fell in love with the venue instantly and all of our family and friends still talk about how beautiful it was. The stone backdrop for the ceremony is gorgeous, and... Read More we loved the flow of all the indoor and outdoor space for the reception. I also loved the the private gazebo where we got to spend some moments alone after the ceremony before the reception began. Sidonee and Sean were both so helpful and accommodating as we were planning and Anthony was such a big help on the big day! If you are getting married in Austin, I couldn't think of a better place!

Superior Wedding Ceremony/Reception Venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2015

I could not be happier that my daughter's wedding was at Vista on Seward Hill. The facility is beautiful. The lighting was well done. It is spacious and well laid out. Plenty of indoor and outdoors seating for guests to enjoy-everything was just perfect. Their expertise in... Read More planning aspects was much appreciated.