Book Your Wedding with The Waters Edge at Giovanni's

A BALLROOM IN DARIEN, CT

The Swan Suite is the largest special events space in this venue. It can accommodate up to 250 guests and features a customized dance floor made of imported granite. This elegant space has high ceilings and customized floor and ceiling lighting to make the room feel warm and inviting.

The Holly Pond Suite offers direct water views, and couples can use this space for their ceremony with the sparkling lake as the backdrop. Its rectangular shape works well for creating an aisle down which couples can walk. This room is smaller than the Swan Suite, and it can accommodate 100 guests with room for a dance floor.

The Majestic Suite is large enough for 200 guests, and it features decorative two-toned hardwood floors. Large windows on all sides of this room allow natural light to flood into the room. This room has a fairly neutral color scheme, so it is easy to customize.

The Cove Suite is a more intimate space, suitable for between 80 and 150 guests. It has large bay windows on one side that overlook the lake, and it features casual restaurant-style seating that is ideal for a pre- or post-reception cocktail hour.

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's provides all food and drink services for weddings. It has a state-of-the-art kitchen on site and provides food from Giovanni's well-known menu of Italian specialties. The catering team works closely with couples to create customized meals, and there are many options available for guests with dietary restrictions.

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's offers tables and chairs for wedding guests. It has round or rectangular tables available and provides white table linens and napkins. This venue also provides basic place settings including flatware, stemware and silverware. Couples who want more colorful table linens or specialty place settings must provide them.

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's is a beautiful, versatile venue that offers wedding parties a number of unique extra perks.

• Direct lake access
  • Shuttle services available
  • High-definition sound system
  • Projection equipment on site
  • Videography services available

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's hosts weddings, rehearsal dinners, and bridal showers at their elegant waterfront location in Darien, Connecticut. Owners JoAnn & Sal Latorraca will orchestrate your special day to exceed your expectations and fulfill your wedding dreams. Conveniently located near beaches and parks for breathtaking photos.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Restaurant

Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100

2748 Boston Post Road, Darien, CT (203) 325-9979
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 VANESSA K

My husband and I just had our wedding at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's on 9/9/17 and I can't say anything more than what a wonderful experience. From the very beginning Michelle (the coordinator) received me with opened arms and friendly vibes trying to accommodate me in... Read More everything I wanted for the wedding and for my envision to come true. Michelle is wonderful and has such great personality, you'll love her. The wedding day came and everything was exceptional. The organization, the presentation of food stations, the staff, everything was well prepared and coordinated!!! I didn't have to worry about a thing; they made me feel very special. After the wedding, all of my guests couldn't stopped talking about how amazing the food was and that the staff were incredible polite and willing to help with anything they needed. I have only good memories from that day which will remain with me forever. Thank you Waters Edge at Giovanni's and the wonderful Michelle Esposito for all the months of preparation and the patience you all had with me. You all made our big day an unforgettable one. I will recommend this venue to all my friends and family. You're the best!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Anabel M

My husband and I got married at The Water's Edge at Giovanni's on Saturday, August 12, 2017. Let me tell you this was the best choice we could have made. Everything was just perfect. We are from out of town and Sanchi and JoAnn helped us throughout this entire stressful process... Read More called wedding planning. We originally had a different wedding coordinator (we booked about a year and a half before wedding date) by the time our wedding was happening she wasn't there any more. Let me tell you Sanchi and JoAnn put all the missing pieces together and helped us have the best wedding of our lives. The food, service, drinks was FANTASTIC!!!! They were so accommodating and helpful throughout the entire process. All my guests are still raving about our amazing wedding and how great and welcome they felt at The Water's Edge at Giovanni's. I would recommend this place a 100000000%. They stood calm even when I was a nerve wreck hehe and we will forever be thankful and grateful with them. Much love, Anthony & Anabel from Long Island

Reviewed on 10/23/2017

My vow renewal ceremony was amazing. From the easy finding location, to the well maintained venue and the unbelievable staff providing impeccable service. My event planner Michele went well beyond the call of duty. She was hands on from day one and provided many ideas and... Read More thoughts for our ceremony. The presentation of our meals was on point and quite delish. All who attended raved about our evening.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Nisha G

We had our daughter Nisha's wedding there yesterday! Best day ever! Sanchi and staff are awesome! We highly recommend this beautiful venue!!!!👰🏻💕🎂🥂💐

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Sarah M

We just had our wedding last week at this venue. It was absolutely perfect. Sanchi and the whole staff really made sure to make the day perfect for us. Highly recommend to have any event at this location. Beautiful atmosphere and awesome staff!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 nicole f

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this particular place and what it means to this town. It is run by family and takes to care in making sure all your details are attended to. I have had the privilege of working with Bonnie as my coordinator and Joann and Sal, in... Read More conjunction with the entire staff. The food is amazing, the service is stellar, and the flow is sure to be amazing. If you're thinking about it, don't think twice! Oh and make sure you say hi to Giovanni him self. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts Love, Eric and Nicole Aleman

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Lisa V

You can not beat the food, service, attention, or accommodations than here. our guests are still talking about it 3 months later. everything was amazing and Bonnie goes above and beyond to make sure you will have your dream come true wedding.

Reviewed on 9/24/2017 Christina C

Had the best wedding!!! It was a night of no stress and the whole process with all involved from Giovanni's was a pleasure and a great experience... Michelle was our coordinator and I truly recommend her to anyone!!! - Definately go and see Michelle as other venues did not... Read More compare after meeting her and those at Water's Edge at Giovanni's and the wedding was to match...

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Maureen M

I would like to commend the staff and especially the coordinator Bonnie Littlefield for making my day perfect. The wedding was simply the finest💛

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Brittany R

About four months before my wedding, every bride's nightmare happened: my original wedding venue nearly burned down, rendering them completely out of commission for months and me without a reception venue. That was when we were contacted by Bonnie at Giovanni's. She could not... Read More have been more helpful, more understanding, or more enthusiastic about our vision for our reception and truly went above and beyond to help us feel completely comfortable with the new arrangements. She did her complete best to not only meet the standards of our previous venue, but exceed them. And she DID! Her attention to detail is impeccable and her warm personality truly made us feel at ease during what could have been a very stressful re-planning process. The food at this venue is some of the best I've had in my entire life. Giovanni's has quite the reputation in our area and they lived up to it! The room was beautiful, the staff super helpful and attentive, and the food fantastic. I couldn't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Janyra W

I had my wedding there November 26th, 2016 - it was the best day of my life and I have to thank Bonnie Littlefield and the staff at Giovanni's for this. Bonnie , the planner, helped me from my first meeting with her in the spring all the way to the actual day. Not only does... Read More Bonnie know exactly what she is doing, she made me feel like my wedding was the only event she was working on and I was the most important bride in the world. Any question I had I immediately emailed Bonnie and she quickly responded. Bonnie really does care about her couples and wants the day to be special and magical. During the reception Bonnie was there the entire time making sure everything went smoothly. I cannot say enough kind words about how grateful I am that she was part of my wedding! As for the food, well let's just say all of my guests are still asking me for their sweet potato recipe. All the dishes were delicious and every guest -even if it was a special order (gluten and dairy free), said their food was outstanding! I really did have an amazing day and again I cannot thank Bonnie and the staff at Giovanni's enough for helping me plan and execute that spectacular day.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jill L

My husband and I just got married at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's at the end of October. From the very second we walked into Giovanni's we knew this was going to be the venue were going to get married in. We met with Jessica who sat right down with us, showed us the rooms,... Read More walked us through the entire place and put us right at ease. She was so incredible to work with. She was very calm but professional and knew exactly what she was doing. All my emails, questions, and concerns were always answered right away. We also had the chance to work with Bonnie on the actual big day. She was wonderful to work with, she jumped right in and was by my side from the second I walked out of the party bus into the bridal suite. She even cooled me down with a wet hand towel! Every single guest told us that the food they had was the best food they ever had at a wedding. From cocktail hour, to the reception- everything was incredible. Being gluten free was no issue for them! All the cocktail hour apps were made gluten free for me, as well as my filet for dinner. The staff go above and beyond to make all their guest have an amazing night. My parents went back the next morning to pick up everything we had left there to find Bonnie had already put everything to the side for us, all organized, which made it extremely easy for my parents. I can go on and on about Giovanni's and their staff. I would highly recommend this venue to every single person I know who is engaged and looking their special place to get married. They do an exceptional job.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kasey K

There are not enough positive words nor enough stars to describe the unbelievable experience we had at Giovanni's on our wedding day on October 1, 2016. The venue is beautiful, food was delicious, and the staff was awesome! All I can say is Bonnie is your all star woman!! She... Read More is absolutely the best and pays attention to every detail and always reminded me that it was our day to enjoy and not to worry about a thing that night. The night of our wedding, when the bridal party got back to Giovanni's before cocktail hour, we had our own bridal suite which was spacious and had appetizers waiting for us as well as our speciality drinks! :) The staff was there every time I turned around and they didn't miss a beat. I can't thank Joann enough for keeping everyone on schedule from the bridal party entrances, dances, cutting of the cake, and most importantly bustling of my dress. My husband and I are so beyond thankful and happy that we chose Giovanni's because we had best night of our life. Everyone was truly amazing and the night was flawless. My parents and my husband and I, kept getting calls and/or texts the next day saying it was truly the wedding of the century! Thank you Bonnie, Joann, Sal, and the staff of Giovanni's for giving us a night to remember! Kasey and Bill Sabetta

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Stef R

I had an amazing experience working with Giovanni's. Bonnie is absolutely amazing. She pays attention to every detail and gives you her undivided attention. The food was delicious! I have been getting so many compliments from my guests on the amount of food and the quality of... Read More it. On the day of our wedding Bonnie and her staff made sure that my husband and I were well taken care of. It was an amazing venue and they really do pay attention to all of the details.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Amanda C

My husband John and I were married in May of 2016 and our reception was held at The Water’s Edge at Giovanni’s. From the first meeting John and I had with Sal we had no doubt this was the venue we wanted to celebrate the best day of our lives with family and friends at. Every... Read More step from planning the food & alcohol selections to the room décor and layout was so seamless and easy. Sal & JoAnn have a way of making you feel so incredibly comfortable and at ease. At no point did we feel pressured or persuaded to do something we did not want to do. Ever question was answered & Sal had a detailed list of what we would need to have covered from start to finish. As any bride would know, the less you had to worry about & take care of the better! When the wedding was about two months out we went in for our tasting. It was incredible. John and I were of course the only ones there to preview and taste the menu but were presented with full portions of every hors D’oeuvre, salad, pasta and entrée. Giovanni’s truly has an amazing kitchen staff and team of chef’s. Everything we tasted was superb & the wine pairing’s were perfect. When the week finally came for our wedding Sal and JoAnn did a full preview of the space. I was able to bring in everything I needed to make the space my own and they took care of everything beyond that. When the day had finally come and we arrived it was magical. The wedding party had their own private room which was beyond spacious and was accompanied with private servers who catered to all of our needs. We timed out arrival so we could share our cocktail hour with our guests but even so, hors D’oeuvres & cocktails were brought in. One of my favorite touches was they truly pay close attention to detail and had John and My signature drinks waiting. Before John and I, along with our parents went up to see the ballroom complete, JoAnn was helping my sister and mom bustle my dress without a word being said. I couldn’t even try describing how helpful and caring she is. The room was spectacular. Every little detail we had discussed was brought to life. The wedding entrances, speeches, Father & mother dances were timed perfectly. 90% of the night was spent on the dance floor. The atmosphere was electric. Every time we turned around someone was there to ask us if we needed anything (and that is said for our guests as well). I never once saw a dirty or empty glass/plate at our table. Our parents & John and I received so many calls/texts from our guests the next day. They were blown away with the service and food. I was asked by friends after we arrived back from our honeymoon if I would do anything different and I can honestly say no. Planning a wedding is one of the most exciting things you will ever get to do but also one of the most stressful. Beyond the ceremony the reception is what you look most forward to and I can say this reception was everything I ever wanted. We could never thank Sal, JoAnn, and the whole staff at Giovanni’s enough. You made our day everything we had ever wanted. Thank you a million! John & Amanda Kalinowski

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Patricia M

Forget 5 star ratings... it is like 10 stars and two thumbs up!! Our Wedding was on October 16, 2015 at this venue Two of the reasons for picking this venue was: 1) The food is amazing. My husband is a foodie and he wouldn't be satisfied with just "ok" food for our wedding;... Read More 2) The employees at the venue are easy going, supportive and attentive. Giovanni and Sal are always there with a smile on their faces and asking how things are going whenever we have been at the restaurant. Our package consisted of a 1 hour cocktail hour plus 4 hours of wedding reception time including a champagne toast and top-shelf bar. Our wedding dinner included an appetizer, salad, 3 options for entree, and a cake from 3 possible vendors. Cocktail hour consisted of several cold and warm dishes that were passed around, plus a buffet of warm dishes plus an Italian foods table. Keep in mind, there are so many food options at this venue! The reception was in the Majestic Room (upstairs room). We had an intimate group of 50 of our closest friends and family in attendance which worked well for this room. Bonnie, our wedding planner, was a god-send for talking me through the wedding reception plans and decorations and basically making sure my vision for the reception was executed. She accommodated multiple visits to the venue and multiple calls from me. On the day of the wedding, Bonnie had to deal not only with the venue preparation PLUS my decorations, she managed multiple outside vendors for flowers, wedding cake, groom's cake, photographer, the DJ and the guitarist. At the reception, she always made sure that both my husband and I were taken care. She even special ordered my favorite soda! My husband and I love her! Our Wedding Experience...I remember going into our reception room and having the feeling of warmth and love. It was like a Valentine's Day feeling for our wedding. I have to say that I don't think we could have pulled this dream wedding off without the help of Bonnie (and also my mom and sister). The food is amazing (yes, I said it again)! We had been told by our guests multiple times that they were already stuffed at the end of the cocktail hour and everyone was amazed by the dinner (even to the point that one of my husband's uncles went down to the chef to personally thank him for the amazing food presentation). The wait staff ran around ensuring everyone received food including finding my husband and I so that we were always eating at the cocktail. And now...My family and I have been back multiple times (birthdays, Easter dinner, etc). On our 6th month anniversary we did a re-tasting of all of our appetizers! Pick this venue if you want amazing restaurant experience for your wedding day with plenty of quality food!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2016

We celebrated our wedding day at Giovanis and THANKS To Bonnie and her team made the day Spectacular. Every detail to perfection. I will do it again Thanks Bonnie you are the best Foxy" and Ric

Reviewed on 2/20/2016 GeorgiaLynn Y

My husband and I got married in June 2015. The best decision we made was having our wedding at the Waters Edge! The venue was absolutely beautiful, the food was delicious and all of the staff were friendly and attentive. Bonnie and the whole team did an amazing job making our... Read More wedding the perfect night- we can’t say more than wonderful things! Our family and friends are still talking about how fabulous our wedding was!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

From the first moment we walked into The Water’s Edge Giovanni’s we were greeted, and treated like family even though we didn’t have an appointment. Bonnie Littlefield made us feel right at home, she didn’t miss a beat even though she was in the middle of setting up for a... Read More wedding that same day. We were introduced to Giovanni who couldn’t have been nicer, and Sal the manager was accommodating, informative, and professional. We were offered a cocktail, coffee, etc. and tour of the venue. It immediately felt like we were with family, and they didn’t miss a beat when we announce it would be a same sex wedding. We were given a beautiful and detailed package of wedding pricing and extensive menu choices. We made a follow up appointment to see the venue again and to discuss or needs in more detail. Our second visit was even a greater pleasure, and having already visited 5 or 6 other venues we could tell this was the place for our wedding. Bonnie was patient, kind, professional, caring, and a wonderful person. Again we left there feeling like we were at a family home and not in a wedding mill. So contract in place we began the process and Bonnie was there for us every step of the way… the tasting was to die for… the food is excellent… Bonnie made the process go smoothly from start to finish. Our wedding day was a fabulous and grand affair… Our family and friends are still talking about the venue, ceremony, food, and music.

Best Wedding Ever at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

From the first moment we walked into The Water’s Edge Giovanni’s we were greeted, and treated like family even though we didn’t have an appointment. Bonnie Littlefield made us feel right at home, she didn’t miss a beat even though she was in the middle of setting up for a... Read More wedding that same day. We were introduced to Giovanni who couldn’t have been nicer, and Sal the manager was accommodating, informative, and professional. We were offered a cocktail, coffee, etc. and tour of the venue. It immediately felt like we were with family, and they didn’t miss a beat when we announce it would be a same sex wedding. We were given a beautiful and detailed package of wedding pricing and extensive menu choices. We made a follow up appointment to see the venue again and to discuss our needs in more detail. Our second visit was even a greater pleasure, and having already visited 5 or 6 other venues we could tell this was the place for our wedding. Bonnie was patient, kind, professional, caring, and a wonderful person. Again we left there feeling like we were at a family home and not in a wedding mill. So contract in place we began the process and Bonnie was there for us every step of the way… the tasting was to die for… the food is excellent… Bonnie made the process go smoothly from start to finish. Our wedding day was a fabulous and grand affair… Our family and friends are still talking about the venue, ceremony, food, and music.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Brittney V

When me and my husband first went to the Waters Edge we immediately knew that this was the place we were going to have our wedding! Bonnie and Sal worked with us for the next two years while we planned the most amazing night ever! All of our guests said that this was the best... Read More wedding they had ever been to. The food was absolutely perfect, the staff was so attentive, and the venue itself is so beautiful! We would not have changed a thing and The Waters Edge made it the best first night as husband and wife! Thank you so much for all the wonderful memories!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Lina

Bonnie, Sal & JoAnn are the best. Their hard work showed throughout the whole process. we did not have to worry about a thing. Everything was absolutely beautiful and they made us look great. the whole process was seamless and Perfect!

Truly the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sue L

We can't say enough about Bonnie and the Whole team at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's. they made our wedding so memorable and perfect. our guests raved about how beautiful the reception looked and how good the food was. TWEG helped Tom & I out so much and helped all our dreams... Read More come true! They truly are the BEST at what they do!

AWESOME DAY!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My daughter was married on October 3, 2015 and the reception was at Waters Edge. Words can not express what a Wonderful job they did. Bonnie was amazing, I don't think I have ever met someone who could have a reception run as smoothly as she did,There so lucky to have her. The... Read More Food was incredible and there was soooo much of it, the Venetian room was just unbelievable. The waitstaff was friendly and very accommodating, all night we were asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything else. I just can't believe how amazing they made my Daughter and son-in-law feel..........This is an amazing venue if your looking for the best! Thanks again Sue Lamontagne

Totally Satisfied

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Kim

We had a wonderful experience at the Waters Edge at Giovanni's. The service was professional, the food was excellent and the venue was comfortable and perfectly arranged for the ceremony and party. Operations manager, Sal, made sure that all of our needs were addressed. The... Read More unexpected bonus (and true gift to us) was Giovanni's daughter and co-operations manager, JoAnn, who made sure that the event flowed perfectly from start to finish. We would recommend this venue to anyone planning a special event.

Sal and JoAnn Latorraca

“For some families entertaining is like breathing. And our family has a history of breathing life into special occasions for generations. My father, Giovanni Gabriele, came to the United States from the small Italian town of Potenza. Like many immigrants, Giovanni brought what he knew to start his new life here in America—fine food and entertaining. From washing dishes in a well-known restaurant, Giovanni’s passion to own his own restaurant grew and in 1977 he opened Giovanni’s in Stamford. Ten years later he added a second, The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s in Darien. Each step was made possible