Book Your Wedding with The Waters Edge at Giovanni's

A BALLROOM IN DARIEN, CT

The Swan Suite is the largest special events space in this venue. It can accommodate up to 250 guests and features a customized dance floor made of imported granite. This elegant space has high ceilings and customized floor and ceiling lighting to make the room feel warm and inviting.

The Holly Pond Suite offers direct water views, and couples can use this space for their ceremony with the sparkling lake as the backdrop. Its rectangular shape works well for creating an aisle down which couples can walk. This room is smaller than the Swan Suite, and it can accommodate 100 guests with room for a dance floor.

The Majestic Suite is large enough for 200 guests, and it features decorative two-toned hardwood floors. Large windows on all sides of this room allow natural light to flood into the room. This room has a fairly neutral color scheme, so it is easy to customize.

The Cove Suite is a more intimate space, suitable for between 80 and 150 guests. It has large bay windows on one side that overlook the lake, and it features casual restaurant-style seating that is ideal for a pre- or post-reception cocktail hour.

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's provides all food and drink services for weddings. It has a state-of-the-art kitchen on site and provides food from Giovanni's well-known menu of Italian specialties. The catering team works closely with couples to create customized meals, and there are many options available for guests with dietary restrictions.

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's offers tables and chairs for wedding guests. It has round or rectangular tables available and provides white table linens and napkins. This venue also provides basic place settings including flatware, stemware and silverware. Couples who want more colorful table linens or specialty place settings must provide them.

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's is a beautiful, versatile venue that offers wedding parties a number of unique extra perks.

• Direct lake access
  • Shuttle services available
  • High-definition sound system
  • Projection equipment on site
  • Videography services available

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's

The Waters Edge at Giovanni's hosts weddings, rehearsal dinners, and bridal showers at their elegant waterfront location in Darien, Connecticut. Owners JoAnn & Sal Latorraca will orchestrate your special day to exceed your expectations and fulfill your wedding dreams. Conveniently located near beaches and parks for breathtaking photos.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Restaurant

2748 Boston Post Road, Darien, CT (203) 325-9979
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Stef R

I had an amazing experience working with Giovanni's. Bonnie is absolutely amazing. She pays attention to every detail and gives you her undivided attention. The food was delicious! I have been getting so many compliments from my guests on the amount of food and the quality of... Read More it. On the day of our wedding Bonnie and her staff made sure that my husband and I were well taken care of. It was an amazing venue and they really do pay attention to all of the details.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kasey K

There are not enough positive words nor enough stars to describe the unbelievable experience we had at Giovanni's on our wedding day on October 1, 2016. The venue is beautiful, food was delicious, and the staff was awesome! All I can say is Bonnie is your all star woman!! She... Read More is absolutely the best and pays attention to every detail and always reminded me that it was our day to enjoy and not to worry about a thing that night. The night of our wedding, when the bridal party got back to Giovanni's before cocktail hour, we had our own bridal suite which was spacious and had appetizers waiting for us as well as our speciality drinks! :) The staff was there every time I turned around and they didn't miss a beat. I can't thank Joann enough for keeping everyone on schedule from the bridal party entrances, dances, cutting of the cake, and most importantly bustling of my dress. My husband and I are so beyond thankful and happy that we chose Giovanni's because we had best night of our life. Everyone was truly amazing and the night was flawless. My parents and my husband and I, kept getting calls and/or texts the next day saying it was truly the wedding of the century! Thank you Bonnie, Joann, Sal, and the staff of Giovanni's for giving us a night to remember! Kasey and Bill Sabetta

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Janyra W

I had my wedding there November 26th, 2016 - it was the best day of my life and I have to thank Bonnie Littlefield and the staff at Giovanni's for this. Bonnie , the planner, helped me from my first meeting with her in the spring all the way to the actual day. Not only does... Read More Bonnie know exactly what she is doing, she made me feel like my wedding was the only event she was working on and I was the most important bride in the world. Any question I had I immediately emailed Bonnie and she quickly responded. Bonnie really does care about her couples and wants the day to be special and magical. During the reception Bonnie was there the entire time making sure everything went smoothly. I cannot say enough kind words about how grateful I am that she was part of my wedding! As for the food, well let's just say all of my guests are still asking me for their sweet potato recipe. All the dishes were delicious and every guest -even if it was a special order (gluten and dairy free), said their food was outstanding! I really did have an amazing day and again I cannot thank Bonnie and the staff at Giovanni's enough for helping me plan and execute that spectacular day.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Jill L

My husband and I just got married at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's at the end of October. From the very second we walked into Giovanni's we knew this was going to be the venue were going to get married in. We met with Jessica who sat right down with us, showed us the rooms,... Read More walked us through the entire place and put us right at ease. She was so incredible to work with. She was very calm but professional and knew exactly what she was doing. All my emails, questions, and concerns were always answered right away. We also had the chance to work with Bonnie on the actual big day. She was wonderful to work with, she jumped right in and was by my side from the second I walked out of the party bus into the bridal suite. She even cooled me down with a wet hand towel! Every single guest told us that the food they had was the best food they ever had at a wedding. From cocktail hour, to the reception- everything was incredible. Being gluten free was no issue for them! All the cocktail hour apps were made gluten free for me, as well as my filet for dinner. The staff go above and beyond to make all their guest have an amazing night. My parents went back the next morning to pick up everything we had left there to find Bonnie had already put everything to the side for us, all organized, which made it extremely easy for my parents. I can go on and on about Giovanni's and their staff. I would highly recommend this venue to every single person I know who is engaged and looking their special place to get married. They do an exceptional job.

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Amanda C

My husband John and I were married in May of 2016 and our reception was held at The Water’s Edge at Giovanni’s. From the first meeting John and I had with Sal we had no doubt this was the venue we wanted to celebrate the best day of our lives with family and friends at. Every... Read More step from planning the food & alcohol selections to the room décor and layout was so seamless and easy. Sal & JoAnn have a way of making you feel so incredibly comfortable and at ease. At no point did we feel pressured or persuaded to do something we did not want to do. Ever question was answered & Sal had a detailed list of what we would need to have covered from start to finish. As any bride would know, the less you had to worry about & take care of the better! When the wedding was about two months out we went in for our tasting. It was incredible. John and I were of course the only ones there to preview and taste the menu but were presented with full portions of every hors D’oeuvre, salad, pasta and entrée. Giovanni’s truly has an amazing kitchen staff and team of chef’s. Everything we tasted was superb & the wine pairing’s were perfect. When the week finally came for our wedding Sal and JoAnn did a full preview of the space. I was able to bring in everything I needed to make the space my own and they took care of everything beyond that. When the day had finally come and we arrived it was magical. The wedding party had their own private room which was beyond spacious and was accompanied with private servers who catered to all of our needs. We timed out arrival so we could share our cocktail hour with our guests but even so, hors D’oeuvres & cocktails were brought in. One of my favorite touches was they truly pay close attention to detail and had John and My signature drinks waiting. Before John and I, along with our parents went up to see the ballroom complete, JoAnn was helping my sister and mom bustle my dress without a word being said. I couldn’t even try describing how helpful and caring she is. The room was spectacular. Every little detail we had discussed was brought to life. The wedding entrances, speeches, Father & mother dances were timed perfectly. 90% of the night was spent on the dance floor. The atmosphere was electric. Every time we turned around someone was there to ask us if we needed anything (and that is said for our guests as well). I never once saw a dirty or empty glass/plate at our table. Our parents & John and I received so many calls/texts from our guests the next day. They were blown away with the service and food. I was asked by friends after we arrived back from our honeymoon if I would do anything different and I can honestly say no. Planning a wedding is one of the most exciting things you will ever get to do but also one of the most stressful. Beyond the ceremony the reception is what you look most forward to and I can say this reception was everything I ever wanted. We could never thank Sal, JoAnn, and the whole staff at Giovanni’s enough. You made our day everything we had ever wanted. Thank you a million! John & Amanda Kalinowski

Reviewed on 4/15/2016 Patricia M

Forget 5 star ratings... it is like 10 stars and two thumbs up!! Our Wedding was on October 16, 2015 at this venue Two of the reasons for picking this venue was: 1) The food is amazing. My husband is a foodie and he wouldn't be satisfied with just "ok" food for our wedding;... Read More 2) The employees at the venue are easy going, supportive and attentive. Giovanni and Sal are always there with a smile on their faces and asking how things are going whenever we have been at the restaurant. Our package consisted of a 1 hour cocktail hour plus 4 hours of wedding reception time including a champagne toast and top-shelf bar. Our wedding dinner included an appetizer, salad, 3 options for entree, and a cake from 3 possible vendors. Cocktail hour consisted of several cold and warm dishes that were passed around, plus a buffet of warm dishes plus an Italian foods table. Keep in mind, there are so many food options at this venue! The reception was in the Majestic Room (upstairs room). We had an intimate group of 50 of our closest friends and family in attendance which worked well for this room. Bonnie, our wedding planner, was a god-send for talking me through the wedding reception plans and decorations and basically making sure my vision for the reception was executed. She accommodated multiple visits to the venue and multiple calls from me. On the day of the wedding, Bonnie had to deal not only with the venue preparation PLUS my decorations, she managed multiple outside vendors for flowers, wedding cake, groom's cake, photographer, the DJ and the guitarist. At the reception, she always made sure that both my husband and I were taken care. She even special ordered my favorite soda! My husband and I love her! Our Wedding Experience...I remember going into our reception room and having the feeling of warmth and love. It was like a Valentine's Day feeling for our wedding. I have to say that I don't think we could have pulled this dream wedding off without the help of Bonnie (and also my mom and sister). The food is amazing (yes, I said it again)! We had been told by our guests multiple times that they were already stuffed at the end of the cocktail hour and everyone was amazed by the dinner (even to the point that one of my husband's uncles went down to the chef to personally thank him for the amazing food presentation). The wait staff ran around ensuring everyone received food including finding my husband and I so that we were always eating at the cocktail. And now...My family and I have been back multiple times (birthdays, Easter dinner, etc). On our 6th month anniversary we did a re-tasting of all of our appetizers! Pick this venue if you want amazing restaurant experience for your wedding day with plenty of quality food!!

Reviewed on 3/27/2016

We celebrated our wedding day at Giovanis and THANKS To Bonnie and her team made the day Spectacular. Every detail to perfection. I will do it again Thanks Bonnie you are the best Foxy" and Ric

Reviewed on 2/20/2016 GeorgiaLynn Y

My husband and I got married in June 2015. The best decision we made was having our wedding at the Waters Edge! The venue was absolutely beautiful, the food was delicious and all of the staff were friendly and attentive. Bonnie and the whole team did an amazing job making our... Read More wedding the perfect night- we can’t say more than wonderful things! Our family and friends are still talking about how fabulous our wedding was!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

From the first moment we walked into The Water’s Edge Giovanni’s we were greeted, and treated like family even though we didn’t have an appointment. Bonnie Littlefield made us feel right at home, she didn’t miss a beat even though she was in the middle of setting up for a... Read More wedding that same day. We were introduced to Giovanni who couldn’t have been nicer, and Sal the manager was accommodating, informative, and professional. We were offered a cocktail, coffee, etc. and tour of the venue. It immediately felt like we were with family, and they didn’t miss a beat when we announce it would be a same sex wedding. We were given a beautiful and detailed package of wedding pricing and extensive menu choices. We made a follow up appointment to see the venue again and to discuss or needs in more detail. Our second visit was even a greater pleasure, and having already visited 5 or 6 other venues we could tell this was the place for our wedding. Bonnie was patient, kind, professional, caring, and a wonderful person. Again we left there feeling like we were at a family home and not in a wedding mill. So contract in place we began the process and Bonnie was there for us every step of the way… the tasting was to die for… the food is excellent… Bonnie made the process go smoothly from start to finish. Our wedding day was a fabulous and grand affair… Our family and friends are still talking about the venue, ceremony, food, and music.

Best Wedding Ever at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

From the first moment we walked into The Water’s Edge Giovanni’s we were greeted, and treated like family even though we didn’t have an appointment. Bonnie Littlefield made us feel right at home, she didn’t miss a beat even though she was in the middle of setting up for a... Read More wedding that same day. We were introduced to Giovanni who couldn’t have been nicer, and Sal the manager was accommodating, informative, and professional. We were offered a cocktail, coffee, etc. and tour of the venue. It immediately felt like we were with family, and they didn’t miss a beat when we announce it would be a same sex wedding. We were given a beautiful and detailed package of wedding pricing and extensive menu choices. We made a follow up appointment to see the venue again and to discuss our needs in more detail. Our second visit was even a greater pleasure, and having already visited 5 or 6 other venues we could tell this was the place for our wedding. Bonnie was patient, kind, professional, caring, and a wonderful person. Again we left there feeling like we were at a family home and not in a wedding mill. So contract in place we began the process and Bonnie was there for us every step of the way… the tasting was to die for… the food is excellent… Bonnie made the process go smoothly from start to finish. Our wedding day was a fabulous and grand affair… Our family and friends are still talking about the venue, ceremony, food, and music.

AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Brittney V

When me and my husband first went to the Waters Edge we immediately knew that this was the place we were going to have our wedding! Bonnie and Sal worked with us for the next two years while we planned the most amazing night ever! All of our guests said that this was the best... Read More wedding they had ever been to. The food was absolutely perfect, the staff was so attentive, and the venue itself is so beautiful! We would not have changed a thing and The Waters Edge made it the best first night as husband and wife! Thank you so much for all the wonderful memories!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Lina

Bonnie, Sal & JoAnn are the best. Their hard work showed throughout the whole process. we did not have to worry about a thing. Everything was absolutely beautiful and they made us look great. the whole process was seamless and Perfect!

Truly the BEST!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Sue L

We can't say enough about Bonnie and the Whole team at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's. they made our wedding so memorable and perfect. our guests raved about how beautiful the reception looked and how good the food was. TWEG helped Tom & I out so much and helped all our dreams... Read More come true! They truly are the BEST at what they do!

AWESOME DAY!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

My daughter was married on October 3, 2015 and the reception was at Waters Edge. Words can not express what a Wonderful job they did. Bonnie was amazing, I don't think I have ever met someone who could have a reception run as smoothly as she did,There so lucky to have her. The... Read More Food was incredible and there was soooo much of it, the Venetian room was just unbelievable. The waitstaff was friendly and very accommodating, all night we were asked if everything was ok and if we needed anything else. I just can't believe how amazing they made my Daughter and son-in-law feel..........This is an amazing venue if your looking for the best! Thanks again Sue Lamontagne

Totally Satisfied

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Kim

We had a wonderful experience at the Waters Edge at Giovanni's. The service was professional, the food was excellent and the venue was comfortable and perfectly arranged for the ceremony and party. Operations manager, Sal, made sure that all of our needs were addressed. The... Read More unexpected bonus (and true gift to us) was Giovanni's daughter and co-operations manager, JoAnn, who made sure that the event flowed perfectly from start to finish. We would recommend this venue to anyone planning a special event.

Great Service

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

Giovanni's has top quality food. The service is wonderful and professional. Bonnie is charming and pays attention to every detail. My wedding was so enjoyable I wish I could relive that night. I highly recommend Giovanni's.

Reviewed on 9/24/2015

Dream Come True Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/23/2015 Jannett A

Growing up in Stamford I knew I always wanted to get married in my home town. There were many venues around the area, however what made The Water's Edge stand out were the professional staff and quality service throughout the planning process through the wedding event. Bonnie... Read More was the banquet manager I worked with and she was a dream come true. She was very understanding, accommodation, positive, and tailored to my needs in the attention to detail that I desired to create the venue from a blank canvas to my own creative work of art. The quality and quantity of the food was spectacular, every single guest could not stop raving about how wonderful and attentive the staff, how well organized everything was, how delicious every course was, and how there was plenty of liquor to drink. Bonnie also works very well with the vendors (florist, photographer, DJ etc) throughout the process to make sure that everyone is in sync in coordinating the timing and set ups. The Water's Edge exceeded my expectations and holds a strong reputation in providing the best service for wedding venues at a great price that is worth every penny. I highly recommend The Water's Edge for any bride that is looking to make her wedding dream into a reality. Jannett Simbaqueba

Reviewed on 9/18/2015 Suzanne R

The Water's edge at Giovanni's is one of a kind for a wedding reception. From the ease of planning and minimal stress provided by the fabulous Bonnie Littlefield who helped coordinate every detail. They make you feel like family and you can actually enjoy your wedding day! The... Read More staff is amazing and was so courteous to all our guests. We had our reception here on 8/1/15 and our guests are still calling us to say what amazing food and service Giovanni's provided. I recommend the Water's Edge by Giovanni's to any couple that is looking for great food, staff, and reception prices.

Exceptional

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Patricia G

Marc and I got married at Giovanni's on March 30, 2014. We worked mostly with Bonnie who was fun, lovely and personable yet professional. The food was amazing and the venue was gorgeous. The staff at Giovanni's is a pleasure to work with and they made our day perfect. I... Read More highly recommend!!

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/20/2014

I cannot say enough about my wedding reception at The Waters Edge! Everything was perfect.

Tried and True

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Chadaé C

There aren't enough positive words in the dictionary to describe working with Bonnie Littlefield and the staff at The Waters Edge at Giovanni's. The venue is beautiful, the staff is genuine, and the food is great! My husband and I were engaged in July 2014 and decided to... Read More marry the same year! Obviously, most brides plan their special day for months and even years, but Bonnie did not bat an eye when we inquired about having our evening reception at Giovanni's on Saturday, October 4, plus she helped to coordinate a perfect, unforgettable wedding that did not break the bank! With only 1 month to plan, Bonnie was always available, attentive, and encouraging. We were always greeted with a friendly smile and reassuring patience as our date quickly approached. Bonnie was on board with me providing a lot of my own DIY touches including centerpieces, place card settings, decor, etc. Plus, we were able to bring in our own DJ. Our guests were so impressed with the execution of the reception from the absolutely delicious food, attentive friendly staff, and the ambiance and intimacy of the room (Special Note: We had the stunning top floor Majestic Suite, and although there was another wedding downstairs, we were not at all affected!) I highly recommend The Waters Edge at Giovanni's to any couple, no matter your budget or timing.

Wedding - May 2014

Reviewed on 7/20/2014 Antoinette P

As a little girl I always dreamed of an amazing wedding venue with an Italian/traditional/modern feel. After looking at so many venues in NY and in Fairfield county, nothing compared to Giovanni's, the food, the service the atmosphere...it was everything I could have dreamed. My... Read More fiance and I worked with Bonnie and she could have not been more helpful and attentive to detail while making sure it was what "we" wanted. She never pushed anything on us. She explained everything up front and there were no surprises when we paid the final bill. We had last min cancellations as well, due to emergencies and even a guest who had very specific dietary needs...Bonnie took care of it all, I got worried for nothing, when Bonnie said "Sweetie, I will take care of it" I trusted her and wish I told her my concerns earlier. At the wedding my fiance and I were treated like Royalty, not only by Bonnie, but the staff come up to us at the right moments to make sure we had what we needed. We got to see your our room before the guests came in, we were so pleased how everything looked! We were wondering how my fiances side would look being his side was smaller. You couldn't even tell the difference the sides looked well balanced. We were beyond thrilled with Giovanni's and would recommend this venue to anyone the room is very versatile to give it whatever feel your going for. A++

A GRAND SLAM HOME RUN !!!!

Reviewed on 10/14/2013 GRACE C

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at "The Water's Edge" and could not have been happier. From beginning to end the day was phenomenal, all thanks to the hard work of Bonnie Littlefield. The experience was as if we had hired a private wedding planner. No detail... Read More went unnoticed. The setting was perfect and the food was positively divine. As our guests left the affair that evening more than one couple remarked, "This may well have been the best wedding we were ever at". If you are looking for a venue and the Darien, Connecticut area works for you look no further than "The Water's Edge at Giovanni"s". You will not be disappointed!

Frank & Irma

Reviewed on 8/20/2013 Frank R

We were married at Giovanni's on June 15, 2013 and it was a beautiful event. Our wedding planner Michele Esposito did wonderful job. We could not have asked for a better venue, everything was perfect.

Sal and JoAnn Latorraca

“For some families entertaining is like breathing. And our family has a history of breathing life into special occasions for generations. My father, Giovanni Gabriele, came to the United States from the small Italian town of Potenza. Like many immigrants, Giovanni brought what he knew to start his new life here in America—fine food and entertaining. From washing dishes in a well-known restaurant, Giovanni’s passion to own his own restaurant grew and in 1977 he opened Giovanni’s in Stamford. Ten years later he added a second, The Waters Edge at Giovanni’s in Darien. Each step was made possible