The Waterview

Monroe, CT

Waterfront Romance, Grand Ballroom Elegance

First, we start with a glamorous, upscale & modern facility set in an idyllic location in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Then we add a team of culinary and event professionals who are passionate about raising the bar and delivering amazing experiences for our guests, every time. Next sprinkle in almost 30 years of experience in the Connecticut events business, and the strength and resources of our three other Connecticut venues. What you end up with is the perfect venue to trust with your one special day. So that after months of planning, you can relax and enjoy each moment—safe in the knowledge that our team will execute your fairy tale vision to perfection.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

215 Roosevelt Drive, Monroe, CT (203) 261-0915

UNBELIEVABLE EXPEREINCE.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jenifer L

I honestly don't know where to begin, but I will do my best to try and describe to you the amazing experience we had. First of all, the venue is absolutely stunning. The grounds, the reception area, everything is beautiful. The most important item on my wish list when it came to... Read More finding a venue was ensuring there was a nice indoor space for the ceremony should it rain - I didn't want to be disappointed over something I couldn't control. The room that holds the ceremony - beautiful. The weather wasn't a worry at all. Luckily for us, it didn't rain and we got to enjoy the stunning grounds and view of the west garden. I didn't even need to dress up the space - it was gorgeous on it's own. Our cocktail hour and reception was amazing. From our experience, and from the words of my guests, everyone loved it and had an amazing time. The staff was attentive, but in stealth mode - they were never overbearing. The guests even gushed over the bartender and knew him by name. The food - UNBELIEVABLE. Everyone raved about the appetizers served during cocktail hour, dinner and at the end of the evening when they served hamburgers (with all the fixings!) and french fries! The wedding package they offer is incredible. Everything was taken care of right there on site which made everything so much easier. The Waterview took care of our ceremony, the reception, catering table linens, our cake (which was delicious and gorgeous by the way!), the open bar - even our table numbers and parts of our centerpieces. Everything was set-up beautifully, just as I had asked and envisioned. They did an amazing job making our fairy tale come to life. And then there was Sue, our wedding coordinator. Speechless. Sue was always there to answer any questions we had. She went above and beyond to make sure our day went off without a hitch. In our final meeting, three days before the big day, I mentioned how that past weekend at a friend's wedding I tired this amazing drink called huckleberry lemonade and never had heard of huckleberry vodka before. She went out and got huckleberry vodka and lemonade for me for our big day. Just one of the many things Sue and The Waterview did to ensure that our day went smoothly. Sue was there through every step to ensure we were where we needed to be, but also that we were enjoying ourselves and being present in the moment. I honestly cannot thank Sue enough for everything she did for us. Oh, and as a bonus, she is a wonderful person. Sue has a huge heart, great sense of humor and the most wonderful personality. I honestly can't say enough good things about this venue. Everything was just perfect - and if something didn't go perfectly, the venue did an amazing job at resolving it without us every knowing which is exactly what you want on your big day. You don't want to have a single worry. I wish we could relive our wedding every day. It will forever be one of the greatest days of our lives and I will never forget it thanks to Sue and everyone at the Waterview.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristin L

It's a beautiful place, the food is phenomenal, and the staff is ON POINT! They're so well organized and professional, and when something goes wrong (as it happens to everyone) they are right there to fix it before you even realize. We had pictures of our grandparents on the... Read More mantle place, and accidentally double printed one set and missed another. We realized as we were walking into our ceremony, and our bridesmaid emailed the photo and it was already fixed and in place before we came back in from our ceremony. What could have been a disaster was handled swiftly and with a smile, and that's the kind of courtesy and service that can really make or break your big day. We were a bit hesitant in the beginning, knowing that two weddings can be held there the same night, but I can honestly tell you, there was another wedding and we never even noticed. There was no cross-over, no noise, no confusion. Everything was magical, every last detail (and seriously, the FOOD!!!!). We loved it!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Rinson T

I was lucky enough to hold my ceremony and reception at the Waterview this past January. From the moment we met with Joanna for the initial tour, until the flawlessly executed wedding day with my event coordinator, Colin Melita, we were so well taken care of and our guests are... Read More still raving about the wedding details and the food! We had about a month to secure a place and fell in love with the Waterview as soon as we saw it-- and how could you not-- the chandeliers, the gold chiavari chairs, the floor-to-ceiling windows along one whole side overlooking Lake Zoar-- it's perfect. Since our final guest count was about 225, we used one half of the Grand Ballroom for our ceremony and the other for our reception. We saw quite a few venues that would cram people into one section with hardly any room between the tables or between each seating arrangement, but that was not a concern for us here. The Waterview was so accommodating with our lack of time, and worked with us to help us pull off the short-notice planning. A special shout out to my bridal attendants, who were constantly making sure we were eating and hydrated enough throughout the day. Being that the wedding was in January, they even came out in the cold with us during pictures, holding my coat so I could warm up between shots! A big thank you to my attendants-- Christina and Genny-- you guys are amazing :) There's one more thing I can't help but mention. I have an uncle who is on a very strict diet, and as soon as I mentioned this to Colin, I was asked where he would be seated and was assured that he would be completely taken care of. The family told me that they received the best service compared to any other wedding they've been to. This, among other compliments I received about the food and the service, went to show that the staff at the Waterview do an exceptional job and go above and beyond to ensure that your wedding (or any other event) goes smoothly. Thank you Joanna, Colin, and the staff at the Waterview for making our big day so memorable!! Rinson and Shilpa 28th January 2017

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Christine J

The Waterview and all of their staff are absolutely outstanding. We had our winter wedding here on 1/14/2017 and I could not have imagined the day going any better. We knew after our first visit that this was our venue. The water views and beautiful windows throughout make this... Read More venue absolutely gorgeous at any time of year, but it made our snowy wedding day just perfect being able to watch the snow fall over the lake throughout the reception. Our wedding coordinator Kat was fantastic and made us feel comfortable and excited at every stage of our planning. I was living in Texas for work and was having to plan our entire wedding over the phone and via emails. Kat made this a seamless and stress free process. She was so accommodating and kept me on schedule during each phase of planning. She worked with our travel schedule to make sure we had in person meetings whenever possible and made our day absolutely amazing. On the day of the wedding we had nothing to worry about and Kat took care of everything. From working with our vendors to keeping our timeline on schedule, she covered it all. We also had two outstanding bridal attendants, George and Jenny who made the day even sweeter. They were troopers and even stood outside to help me with my dress for our snowy bridal party pictures! Kat, George and Jenny made sure that my husband and I, and all of our guests were comfortable and having fun all night long. At the end of the night they had all of our items boxed up and ready to hand off to us. The night went off without a hitch and it was a dream come true. We still have guests raving about the beauty, food, cake, and service that this venue offers. I HIGHLY recommend The Waterview for your wedding or event. The staff is fantastic and it was an experience I will always cherish. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Kayla P

The Waterview is the best venue I've been to thus far. We wanted a venue with a beautiful ceremony location. It's right on the lake and the pergola you get married under makes it even better. The price is reasonable. The service is outstanding. Sue was our event coordinator and... Read More she is very professional and on top of everything! It takes so much stress off the bride/ groom. The day runs so smooth. The facility is updated and the food is amazing as well. We couldn't have asked for a better wedding location and we recommend The Waterview to everyone!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Renata W

Our wedding was absolutely amazing! We can't thank the Waterview enough for their service. Kat was so helpful. Everyone loved the venue and the food!

Reviewed on 12/12/2016 Leslie P

Absolutely fantastic place to have a wedding from the beauty of the site to the wonderful staff on hand, I cant recommend a better place for a wedding. Sue was our wedding coordinator and she was just wonderful, she made the day go smoothly and helped us throughout the entire... Read More planning process. We planned the wedding from CA and so she was very helpful in making us feel at ease and scheduling meetings when we were in the area so that we could have a smooth wedding. The other staff members who were part of our day were just amazing as well they made sure we had everything we wanted and needed and our wedding went great! I would recommend the Waterview for anyone thinking of doing their wedding there!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Eliana B

Thank you to Sue and everyone at The Waterview for an amazing wedding day! The venue itself is stunning—I couldn’t be happier with our photos! And the reception room was set up so lovely, and our cake was exactly what I had imagined—and tasted better than it looked! Everyone... Read More complimented all of our food, and my husband and I were taken care of all day. I don’t think we once had an empty glass, and there was always someone to check on us and bring us anything we needed. We even took home leftover food and cake to eat on our mini-moon, and a bottle of champagne and wine to go with! Our only regret is that the day wasn’t longer—truly The Waterview exceeded our expectations and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a stress-free experience at a gorgeous venue.

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Heather P

Colin, my wedding planner was fantastic. April in sales was bery helpful. Karen at the front desk was super sweet, everyone I dealt with was professional and made me feel like a princess! The food was incredible! Every guest raved about The Waterview! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 dan m

FANTASTIC On Saturday morning at breakfast i asked my Daughter and son in law, who had their reception on Friday night 11-4-16, if their event was everything they had hoped for ? Response everything and them some. As the dad very pleased as were our guest. everything and i mean... Read More everything was Wonderful. the grounds, the interior the view priceless, the wait staff, the food, the wedding cake, everyone ate it and we took some home. the bar tenders were fantastic open bar all evening great job. At the end of the evening they loaded our vehicle with the gifts and cake. As the dad I highly recommend The Water View. i hope i get invited to a wedding here soon. thank you Dan

Reviewed on 11/04/2016 Pam H

I had my wedding there Sep 2016 and everything was beautiful. From the grounds and to the actual reception hall. The staff was great and was there when I needed anything. They are a great facility and well worth every penny.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Michelle S

I'm the mother of the groom and from the very start of the process of contracting with this venue to the perfect culmination of the wedding on 10/23/16, you couldn't ask for a more beautiful venue, a more professional and caring staff, a more delicious menu including the... Read More generous portions of appetizers, main meal, and autumn dessert table...an absolutely fairy tale of a wedding...I wish I could get married all over ;) One more thing, this was a destination wedding since we live in Southern California and the communication between the bride and the venue was prompt and comprehensive.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kim P

The Waterview is an absolutely amazing wedding venue. The staff is fantastic and happily accommodates everything that you want for your special day. Sue, our wedding coordinator was wonderful and we cannot say enough good things about her and our bridal attendants Angela and... Read More George who were by our side the whole day offering drinks and food and making sure we were happy . It was a rainy day, but when the rain stopped the staff had tablecloths to lay on the ground so my dress didn't get wet or dirty. The event was so well coordinated and flowed easily. The food was great! The appetizers were delicious and the meat was cooked perfectly, even according to my high standards. The cake was beautiful and our guests loved the chocolate fountain that we added which had a large assortment of dipping items. The servers were very professional. The grounds are absolutely beautiful as well as the indoor space. At the end of the event the staff packed up all of my decorations and gifts that had been displayed perfectly and we didn't have to worry about anything at the end of the day. I cannot say enough about The Waterview and how amazing our wedding was thanks to the venue and the wonderful staff that help make your day as special as it possibly can be!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Corinna H

We loved our venue! The staff did an amazing job to make sure we were stress free! We received a lot of compliments on how beautiful the venue was. The staff did an awesome job with decorating the place and we were very pleased with everything! No complaints (:

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Amy P

Our wedding in September 2016 was perfect! The Waterview is professional, food phenomenal, service impeccable! I would not look anywhere else to have your wedding or special event.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Vickie A

The waterview was the perfect venue for our magical day. They were so accommodating from day one and on the day of they made sure everything went on without a hitch I didn't have to worry about a thing. Our day was perfect and huge reason for that was because of the waterview... Read More and their staff!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Lisette T

I can not say enough amazing things about the Waterview. My husband and I were married 8/6/16. Kat, my Event Manager, answered all my questions in a timely manner. She helped us make our wedding perfect, the way we imagined it. The staff of the Waterview were professional.... Read More They all went above and beyond when it rained 15 minutes before my ceremony. They dried the ceremony space and pulled off a beautiful outdoor ceremony. The ballroom is simply stunning. The food is delicious. The tea light candles on the tables create a romantic feel. My husband is a big fan of craft beers, we were able to bring in beer and the bar served it. Our bridal attendants kept us hydrated and happy. The outdoor space is simply stunning, it is a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos. I wish i could relive this night all over again!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Jessica F

Our experience with the Waterview could not have been any better. We first met with April in January of 2015 and from there our experience with the Waterview only wow'ed us more. April was amazing, she made us feel very welcome and was very open about what was included and not... Read More included in the pricing of the venue. We knew almost immediately that this was where we wanted to have our wedding and we are so happy we made that decision. Kat was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing the entire way. She was very quick to respond when I emailed with a question and supplied all the necessary information we needed. What really impressed us was the day of the wedding. I don't even know where to begin for this part. We had Kat and two bridal assistance that were with us for the day. Kat did an amazing job organizing everyone and making sure that everyone was where they had to be. While my husband and I were taking pictures, she lined up all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen to get them ready to be introduced, all we had to do was get in line. She made sure that everything was perfect and it most certainly was. Our bridal assistance were there every step of the way making sure that we had everything we needed. If we needed a drink, food or even someone to hold my bouquet or fluff my dress, they were there! Once the reception was over, everything we had brought with us was packed up on a cart ready to go before I could even think about having to do that. I know it's part of their job but my husband and I felt extremely well taken care of. The Waterview was one step ahead of us the entire way and we didn't have to stress or worry about a single thing the entire day. It was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend the venue to anyone that asks!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Miriam B

After looking at over 10 venues, my fiancée and I finally chose The Waterview and we are so happy that we did! The grounds are beautiful and the staff is wonderful to work with. Our guests were amazed at how organized everything was and easy they made our day. Kathleen and April... Read More were so great to work with and the venue was the last thing on my mind coming up to the big day. I would recommend The Waterview to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Lauren P

Everything was absolutely perfect and beautiful the day of our July wedding. Everyone was very professional and the day went more smoothly than I ever thought a wedding could. I love that they provide a wedding coordinator and 2 bridal attendants who made sure that we had... Read More everything we needed. Very affordable when we chose the 10:30am time slot on a Saturday for the ceremony to begin. I couldn't be happier and HIGHLY recommend The Waterview. They provide soooo much inclusive of the per head price that there were very few outside vendors we needed to hire. For those, if we didn't have something in mind they have a list of vendors that they work closely and frequently with. We used a couple of their suggested vendors and were very pleased with them as well!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Christine D

We had our wedding reception at the waterview on 8/13 and It couldn't have been any better! The night went by seamlessly...From cocktail hour to our "midnight snack" pretzel station the food was amazing. We have heard from so many of our guest how delicious the dinner and cake... Read More was. On top of it all our coordinator Kat was awesome to work with!! She was so nice, very accommodating and understanding to some last minute changes, professional & detailed.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

The most perfect venue! Outstanding! My daughter and new son-in-law were married 08/06/16. On behalf of our entire family and friends I would like to thank Sue Beaumont and staff for helping to make their wedding so memorable. The event was so well organized, the staff so... Read More friendly and efficient, the food was fantastic and the Waterview itself is absolutely beautiful! From the ceremony in the gorgeous Garden Room, to the photo session on the beautiful grounds, to the cocktail hour and reception with the most beautiful windows and view of the lake, we could not have been more pleased with anything! Outstanding!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Daedly P

From the moment my husband (then fiancé) stepped into The Waterview for our first tour, we were greeted by friendly and caring staff. Our tour guide, Hilde, was bubbly and knowledgable. The venue was gorgeous and we loved that all our food needs (including our wedding cake)... Read More would be handled onsite. Our coordinator, Kat, was attentive and did not make me feel like a nuisance with my late night emails and random questions. All in all, I would recommend this venue to any couple. What I especially liked about The Waterview is that no one made us feel like a number. Venues like this do host several weddings/occasions each weekend but we were never made to feel like we were being processed by the "wedding machine." The day of our wedding, the staff was very attentive to our needs and our guests needs -- including accommodating my husband's mobility issues and providing a space for a breast-feeding guests.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jon C

I got married at the Waterview on 6/25/16. It turned out to be a wonderful day and it was only amplified by the venue and its staff. Yes, the place it a little pricey but it is worth it for what you get. Getting married on the Garden side was beautiful, the flowers, fountains... Read More and Waterview right there was breathtaking. Everyone loved the venue, the food etc. Our planner Kat that the venue provided was excellent and her attendants that waited on my wife and me were excellent and made us feel like a king/queen for the night. Do yourself a favor and give the place a tour and see if you like it.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Christine R

My husband and I got married at The Waterview July 9, 2016. We could not be happier with how perfect and smoothly our day went. As the bride, I did not have to worry about a thing, as everything was taken care of. Kat was our event coordinator - she was amazing. She was always... Read More available to answer questions during the planning. The food is amazing, the venue is absolutely gorgeous - and all our guests agree. We are so happy we were able to get married at The Water-view.