Monroe, CT

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Waterfront Romance, Grand Ballroom Elegance

The Waterview offers spectacular views of Lake Zoar and over 13 acres of picturesque green lawns, mature shade trees, and colorful gardens. Come and enjoy exquisite cuisine prepared by our Culinary Institute trained chef served by our experienced and courteous staff.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

215 Roosevelt Drive, Monroe, CT

Reviewed on 7/18/2015

From our first meeting with Joanna the sales director to our last (tearful) goodbye with Sue our coordinator, I can't say enough about the fabulous-ness of this venue. If you are like me and want to sleep easy while planning your daughter's wedding, want top notch service,... Read More expertise I can rely on and trust, fabulous food and a beautiful location, then The Waterview is your spot. I can't say enough about the personal service and attention, the fabulous food and appetizers, and the peace of mind I had in selecting this spot for our daughter's wedding. Thank you so much to Joanna, Sue, and the great team that helped to make this day just perfect.

The Waterview delivered an AMAZING wedding day for us!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 A F

Hubby and I can't say enough good things about The Waterview. First, April McBride was so kind as to work with us on our very tight budget. She gave us an amazing deal and because of her we were able to have our dream wedding on the water. They give you one price per person that... Read More includes a comprehensive package which makes wedding planning so much easier! It includes customized, decorated delicious wedding cake made on premise, Event Coordinator for planning in the days and months before the wedding AND managing everything on the day, bridal attendants waiting on you and taking care of you the day of, top shelf open bar, linens, and three course delicious plated meal! We just couldn't believe everything that we got for once price! We had Colin Melita as our Event Coordinator and he was so awesome! So relaxed and calm which helped put us at ease. Both him and April always responded to my one million emails very quickly! He also went above and beyond at the wedding, coming to the rescue with ointment and painkillers when hubby was suddenly stung by a bee, packing up all our stuff for us including ceramic wrap to safely preserve our sand ceremony sand, re-doing our table name frames so that they looked more elegant than when I brought them to him feeling all frazzled and stressed. Colin was so wonderful and we were really glad that he was our Coordinator. He offered to put our food in the warmer when he noticed we were too busy to eat and brought it back out when we were finally able to sit and eat. It was such a pleasure having our wedding there. The food and wedding cake was absolutely delicious. The grounds were beautiful and perfect. And the day-of coordination was spectacular - walkie talkies to coordinate, someone to fluff your dress for you as you walk down the aisle, champagne and food for us and the bridal party. We HIGHLY recommend The Waterview! If they don't have your date available, change your date! Then ask for April McBride and Colin Melita!

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Jessica L

I just recently had my wedding at the Waterview on Sept 5th 2014. Aside from the Waterview being beautiful, the service and attention to details from the staff was amazing. All my guest were talking about how wonderful everything was and how amazing the food was. The staff was... Read More there to assist me every step of the way. Anything I needed they were there, my dress ripped during the reception and my bridal attendant helped me and sewed it back up in about 5 minutes flat. I was amazed!!! I would recommend the Waterview 100 times over to anyone that is looking for a wedding venue. I want someone I know to get married there so I can go back and enjoy it as a guest this time! Hands down one of the best venues in the CT area!!! I could not have asked for a more perfect place for my happily ever after!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015

I cannot say enough good things about The Waterview and all of the staff. We fell in love with this venue the very first time we saw it. From the first day the staff was helpful, kind, informative, professional.... We knew right away that we wanted to celebrate our wedding in... Read More this beautiful place. Sue was our coordinator and she was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole wedding process. She was quick to answer any questions we had and was so accommodating to our needs and requests. The night of the wedding was perfect--everything went so smoothly. There was not one moment throughout the entire night that we needed something and there wasn't someone a few feet away. The two attendants we had were right there the whole evening asking us what we needed and checking in on us. Sue was there the entire time also making sure everything was going smoothly and that we had everything we needed. If you're looking for a professional and breathtaking venue with amazing views, look no further than The Waterview. We had a fantastic experience with them and have not one negative thing to say about it. (Family that we had from Spain couldn't stop raving about how beautiful everything was)!

Waterview Venue

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Melissa M

Great venue....guests raved about the food and service afterwards. We got married outside on the East side and the pictures were beautiful!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 12/05/2014

My wedding was at the end of September and it was a wonderful day. The staff was very helpful day of and made everything go smoothly. The food was wonderful.

Reviewed on 9/03/2014 Laura O

Our wedding at The Waterview at the beginning of August was fantastic. The staff was so great in helping to ensure the day ran smoothly. All of our guests raved about the food, the service, and how beautiful the venue was. Thank you to The Waterview for helping to make our... Read More wedding day so perfect!

Fantastic Venue!

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Ariana D

This venue was amazing! The food was delicious, the site is gorgeous, very clean, and up to date in style. My guests who attended are still talking about how much they loved the place! I held my ceremony and reception at The Waterview. This location was ideal because many... Read More guests traveled from Long Island, NY and I live in CT. It was important for me to choose an accessible site. Additionally, I had an uninvited guest show up and (at my wishes) the venue handled it quietly and professionally. They made sure to do their best to tend to the needs of the bridal and guests. I had a wonderful experience with them from start to finish. I highly recommend them!

So wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Jenna

I had my reception at the Waterview a few weeks ago and have received so many compliments on the venue! They took care of everything and there was not one thing I had to worry about the day of the wedding. The room was beautiful and it has a great view of a lake. My guests... Read More could not get over how good the food was and how many options there were at the cocktail hour. If I had to do it all over again, the Waterview would still be my top choice for my reception.

Reviewed on 7/16/2014

My wife and I had our reception at The Waterview this past June and our experience was tremendous. The entire staff, especially our event coordinator, Colin Melita were fantastic and on their game throughout the whole event. Not only did Colin and the staff keep us calm and... Read More ensure the day went without any issues, they were so organized throughout the planning process. The location is amazing. It is impossible to be disappointed about that. The food was very good. We've heard so many incredible compliments about the food, specifically the Prime Rib, Grilled Swordfish and Chicken Normandy. I can go on and on about the venue and service and everything I say will be absolutely positive. I don't have one negative. As stressful as the wedding planning process can be, one thing you should feel completely confident in is choosing the Waterview. Requesting Colin as your event planner would be a smart decision as well.

Best Venue

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 SARA B

This was the first place I visited.. After visiting other places that had less desirable views (and prices) this was an easy pick. The staff provides OUTSTANDING customer service. From the management team who booked me to Kat who was my consultant I was blown away by their... Read More attentiveness and patience. They were always kind and accommodating. They provided me with a separate cake due to my food allergies and worked closely with my minister and music team to ensure everything was seamless. My day was perfect because of them. All my guests complimented the hot and delicious food and the top notch service from the waitstaff. Everyone we had with us on our day was amazing. If you book her ask for Kat though, she made sure my day was perfect and was with me every step of the way. I'm still getting thank you cards from my guests for what a perfect wedding I had. You will not be disappointed booking here!

Loved my wedding!

Reviewed on 7/01/2014 Elizabeth O

I had Kathleen as a coordinator and first and foremost, she rocked! I was a nitpicky/OCD/everything had to be perfect/drive you nuts kind of bride and she somehow managed to not strangle me and was always extremely reachable and super sweet. My wedding day was incredible!... Read More Kathleen and the Waterview staff went above and beyond and made everything run perfect. There was so much food and it was delicious! I did read other reviews that said a few negative things (not many) and my experience is the complete opposite. I was married in April of 2014 and both my husband and I were so thrilled we selected the Waterview, they really run an amazing venue. Also another thing that made us so happy was that they let us customize our wedding however we wanted. This is silly but I'll say it because maybe another bride thinks like me, one of my fears was that once you sign the contract and give the first check everything changes and they stop being friendly and stop being helpful but that wasn't the case at all. I kid you not, I could always reach someone at the venue and I popped in a couple of times before my wedding and the ladies at the front were so accommodating! I really recommend you check this place out and ask for Kathleen, she really is the best!!! Thank you everyone at the Waterview for helping my reception to run so smoothly!!

The Perfect Setting

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Jennifer F

I could not have envisioned our wedding day any more perfect. We were greeted off our party bus by Kathleen, our wedding coordinator, and our two bridal attendants with champagne and congratulations. They were with us the entire time, bringing food, drinks, helping to bustle... Read More my gown, telling us the timeline, and making sure our day ran very smoothly. There was not a speed bump in the road. Kathleen was so great throughout the planning process and always prompt with her responses to our questions. If I had the chance to do it all again (as we all wish we could) I would not change a thing with our venue!!!!! :)

Great value and beautiful location.

Reviewed on 5/12/2014 Kay T

We just had our wedding at the Waterview and it was awesome. The food was great and plentiful. The venue inside and out is beautiful, the grounds especially. We got a fantastic deal for our off-season wedding that could not be passed up. We had some issues with our wedding... Read More coordinator, the first one was fired midway through and his replacement wasn't very experienced so he wasn't so great with the details. BUT overall we were taken care of from the moment we got there until the moment we left. My bridal attendant Jason was WONDERFUL and totally took care of me all night long.

Rumph Royal Renaissance Wedding

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Felicia S

We selected this venue for our Ceremony & Wedding for the beautiful garden with lake view. The Event Planner & Staff were very accommodating, the food was plenteous(per guests I did not get much)taste was delicious, they were precise carrying out every detail as I requested,... Read More cake was excellent, had 4 course sit down dinner and the guests raved about the quality of food and service. We did not have to wait long for food, no complaints what so ever with The Waterview. A couple who attended our wedding asks us to introduce them to manager so they could arrange their wedding for next year. The day of wedding I did not have to worry about anything, they decorated ceremony space, put out the favors, guest book, programs and I had no need to hire a coordinator because they did it all!!!

Amazing venue!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2014 Ashley B

The staff at The Waterview we're excellent from beginning to end. Kat, my wedding coordinator always responses ASAP wth answers to my many emails and helped me with everything. Her and the rest of the staff made our big day as smooth as possible!

The Perfect Day

Reviewed on 12/16/2013 Stefanie M

I can't rave enough about the Waterview. From the moment my husband and I sat down with April during our first visit, to the moment we walked out the door at the end of the night as Mr. & Mrs., the entire experience was amazing. We had the pleasure of working with Kat and... Read More Hilde and they made the day run as smooth as glass - I had barely anything to worry about. While the food was delicious and the venue itself is gorgeous, the service is what made the day extra special. We were lucky to have two bridal attendants who made me feel like a queen and were as nice as could be. One, Jackie, even had to undo my bustle before walking down the aisle and helped put it back up after pictures! Kat was an absolute pleasure to work with - very responsive and did her absolute best to make our day special. Always around to answer a question and even help set up my DIY centerpieces - definitely chose the wrong florist... She put up with my crazy family with professionalism and politeness and basically orchestrated a perfect day. Thank you so much, Kat and the Waterview!

5+ Stars

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Nicole M

I have my wedding Oct 6th at the Waterview and I had the most amazing night of my life. They not only did what I asked for but exceeded my expectations by adding d├ęcor and such to my wedding. My coordinator Jon was amazing and so helpful through the whole process. I have heard... Read More nothing but amazing reviews from my wedding, thank you again Waterview!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 9/01/2013 Shealah D

The Waterview did such an amazing job at my wedding on July 26th, 2013. I cannot seem to stop ranting and raving about their service, decor, presentation, etc. All my family and guests cannot stop either! It was such a wonderful evening everything was planned out to a T. Thank... Read More you to Jon (our event coordinator) Hilde (ceremony coordinator) and our wonderful bridal attendants Jaci & Kevin.

Fairy Tale Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Lauren P

When my fiance and I started looking around for venues, we wanted a venue that fit all our ideal requirements: a waterview, ballroom, garden, outside ceremony, tall ceilings and chandeliers, but in addition, we also wanted a place that was located in the center of where we lived... Read More and our families (MA, NY, CT & PA). Monroe, CT was the area and The Waterview was the venue. We did have trouble with our assigned wedding coordinator, Jon, but we were able to switch to Suzanne; who was AMAZING! She made every detail and idea we had some true through e-mails and phone calls. The day of, we were so relaxed and were truly able to take in all the months of hard work and planning. The event ran SO smoothly! Our guests have told us it was one of the best (if not the best) wedding they had ever been to.

Horrible

Reviewed on 8/03/2013 Jessica K

I was promised that the venue was air conditioned.. Two days earlier when I visited , it didn't seem to be working.. They promised it would be for my wedding. Needless to say it was 85 degrees in the room the night of my wedding... I spent a ton of money on a band and nobody... Read More even danced because it was so hot. Guests were complaining all night and left early.. It destroyed my wedding.. They didn't even have the common courtesy to call me and apologize after I complained.

Excellent place to get married!

Reviewed on 7/27/2013 Leslie R

We found the Waterview and immediately knew that was where we wanted to get married. They were wonderful to work with and Kat was absolutely the best! Everyone will not stop raving about how beautiful it was there and how great the food was! A definite A++!!

Amazing Experience

Reviewed on 7/17/2013 Kendal S

I can not say enough about how amazing the venue and staff was at the Waterview in Monroe, CT. Coming in from Seattle, I needed a place that offered pretty much everything.I was a little worried that I couldn't taste the food prior to the event (except the cake), but the reviews... Read More on yelp said it was great and they were right. Everyone enjoyed their dinners, appetizers and dessert. Because I didn't meet the minimum (it's 125 for Fridays), Kathleen worked with me to get an additional food item (which was a late night snack and it was awesome!). We had our ceremony there, as well, and the woman in charge of that was wonderful. I met her the day before and sadly can't remember her name...but she was fun and friendly and that's what I needed. With the exception of the distance to the hotels (plan on renting transportation for your guests who stay in Shelton), The Waterview was the perfect experience!

Exceptional Wedding

Reviewed on 7/05/2013 Monica W

My wedding was everything I could have dreamed of and more! I don't know how to express my gratitude enough for the amazing job Kathleen, my assigned wedding planner, did on my wedding day. Coming from an event background myself, I know how difficult things can be to juggle... Read More the staff and guests and she did a stellar job. From the AMAZING food to the service, my guests and I couldn't be happier. It surpassed my dreams in all ways! The staff were so accommodating and on top of things, I felt like I could relax finally! This venue really is simply the best at what they do and we are so grateful for their hard work.

Perfect Wedding!

Reviewed on 6/17/2013 Monica S

I am incredibly thrilled with how amazing my wedding day was. The Waterview and staff went above and beyond to make sure it was a perfect day! Jon and his staff that day were amazing. They always made sure my husband and I were okay, as well as taking care of our wedding party... Read More and parents. Everyone was raving about the food and how gorgeous the venue was. I would recommend it to everyone! Amazing, best decision we made!! We also had our ceremony on site and Hilde was great! She was so organzied and always ontop of things. Thank you everyone that made our day perfect!

TO The Waterview