Guest Capacity

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

215 Roosevelt Drive, Monroe, CT

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jenifer L

I honestly don't know where to begin, but I will do my best to try and describe to you the amazing experience we had. First of all, the venue is absolutely stunning. The grounds, the reception area, everything is beautiful. The most important item on my wish list when it came to... Read More finding a venue was ensuring there was a nice indoor space for the ceremony should it rain - I didn't want to be disappointed over something I couldn't control. The room that holds the ceremony - beautiful. The weather wasn't a worry at all. Luckily for us, it didn't rain and we got to enjoy the stunning grounds and view of the west garden. I didn't even need to dress up the space - it was gorgeous on it's own. Our cocktail hour and reception was amazing. From our experience, and from the words of my guests, everyone loved it and had an amazing time. The staff was attentive, but in stealth mode - they were never overbearing. The guests even gushed over the bartender and knew him by name. The food - UNBELIEVABLE. Everyone raved about the appetizers served during cocktail hour, dinner and at the end of the evening when they served hamburgers (with all the fixings!) and french fries! The wedding package they offer is incredible. Everything was taken care of right there on site which made everything so much easier. The Waterview took care of our ceremony, the reception, catering table linens, our cake (which was delicious and gorgeous by the way!), the open bar - even our table numbers and parts of our centerpieces. Everything was set-up beautifully, just as I had asked and envisioned. They did an amazing job making our fairy tale come to life. And then there was Sue, our wedding coordinator. Speechless. Sue was always there to answer any questions we had. She went above and beyond to make sure our day went off without a hitch. In our final meeting, three days before the big day, I mentioned how that past weekend at a friend's wedding I tired this amazing drink called huckleberry lemonade and never had heard of huckleberry vodka before. She went out and got huckleberry vodka and lemonade for me for our big day. Just one of the many things Sue and The Waterview did to ensure that our day went smoothly. Sue was there through every step to ensure we were where we needed to be, but also that we were enjoying ourselves and being present in the moment. I honestly cannot thank Sue enough for everything she did for us. Oh, and as a bonus, she is a wonderful person. Sue has a huge heart, great sense of humor and the most wonderful personality. I honestly can't say enough good things about this venue. Everything was just perfect - and if something didn't go perfectly, the venue did an amazing job at resolving it without us every knowing which is exactly what you want on your big day. You don't want to have a single worry. I wish we could relive our wedding every day. It will forever be one of the greatest days of our lives and I will never forget it thanks to Sue and everyone at the Waterview.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristin L

It's a beautiful place, the food is phenomenal, and the staff is ON POINT! They're so well organized and professional, and when something goes wrong (as it happens to everyone) they are right there to fix it before you even realize. We had pictures of our grandparents on the... Read More mantle place, and accidentally double printed one set and missed another. We realized as we were walking into our ceremony, and our bridesmaid emailed the photo and it was already fixed and in place before we came back in from our ceremony. What could have been a disaster was handled swiftly and with a smile, and that's the kind of courtesy and service that can really make or break your big day. We were a bit hesitant in the beginning, knowing that two weddings can be held there the same night, but I can honestly tell you, there was another wedding and we never even noticed. There was no cross-over, no noise, no confusion. Everything was magical, every last detail (and seriously, the FOOD!!!!). We loved it!

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alison T

I can't say enough good things about The Waterview staff or about the venue in general. The Waterview was the first placecw looked at when we were shopping for a venue and we knew it was the place for us before we even finished the tour. The grounds are flawless and... Read More immaculate, and the inside is the same. Exceptionally clean and spacious. The staff are the friendliest, most accommodating people I've ever met in my life! They literally waited on us hand and foot. The food was OUTSTANDING, not one negative comment from a single guest! Everyone loved everything! The Waterview provided our cake as well as a dessert table and everything was just phenomenal. We also did our ceremony on-site and had the most beautiful view of Lake Zoar. It was absolutely incredible and our day could not have been any more perfect. Huge thank yous to April, Sue, Shannon, Angela, and Jason, as well all of the staff we didn't get to meet personally! I truly could not have gotten through the day without you all so thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Kim P

The Waterview is an absolutely amazing wedding venue. The staff is fantastic and happily accommodates everything that you want for your special day. Sue, our wedding coordinator was wonderful and we cannot say enough good things about her and our bridal attendants Angela and... Read More George who were by our side the whole day offering drinks and food and making sure we were happy . It was a rainy day, but when the rain stopped the staff had tablecloths to lay on the ground so my dress didn't get wet or dirty. The event was so well coordinated and flowed easily. The food was great! The appetizers were delicious and the meat was cooked perfectly, even according to my high standards. The cake was beautiful and our guests loved the chocolate fountain that we added which had a large assortment of dipping items. The servers were very professional. The grounds are absolutely beautiful as well as the indoor space. At the end of the event the staff packed up all of my decorations and gifts that had been displayed perfectly and we didn't have to worry about anything at the end of the day. I cannot say enough about The Waterview and how amazing our wedding was thanks to the venue and the wonderful staff that help make your day as special as it possibly can be!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Corinna H

We loved our venue! The staff did an amazing job to make sure we were stress free! We received a lot of compliments on how beautiful the venue was. The staff did an awesome job with decorating the place and we were very pleased with everything! No complaints (:

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Amy P

Our wedding in September 2016 was perfect! The Waterview is professional, food phenomenal, service impeccable! I would not look anywhere else to have your wedding or special event.

Reviewed on 10/10/2016 Vickie A

The waterview was the perfect venue for our magical day. They were so accommodating from day one and on the day of they made sure everything went on without a hitch I didn't have to worry about a thing. Our day was perfect and huge reason for that was because of the waterview... Read More and their staff!

Reviewed on 9/29/2016 Lisette T

I can not say enough amazing things about the Waterview. My husband and I were married 8/6/16. Kat, my Event Manager, answered all my questions in a timely manner. She helped us make our wedding perfect, the way we imagined it. The staff of the Waterview were professional.... Read More They all went above and beyond when it rained 15 minutes before my ceremony. They dried the ceremony space and pulled off a beautiful outdoor ceremony. The ballroom is simply stunning. The food is delicious. The tea light candles on the tables create a romantic feel. My husband is a big fan of craft beers, we were able to bring in beer and the bar served it. Our bridal attendants kept us hydrated and happy. The outdoor space is simply stunning, it is a beautiful backdrop for wedding photos. I wish i could relive this night all over again!!

Reviewed on 9/17/2016 Jessica F

Our experience with the Waterview could not have been any better. We first met with April in January of 2015 and from there our experience with the Waterview only wow'ed us more. April was amazing, she made us feel very welcome and was very open about what was included and not... Read More included in the pricing of the venue. We knew almost immediately that this was where we wanted to have our wedding and we are so happy we made that decision. Kat was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing the entire way. She was very quick to respond when I emailed with a question and supplied all the necessary information we needed. What really impressed us was the day of the wedding. I don't even know where to begin for this part. We had Kat and two bridal assistance that were with us for the day. Kat did an amazing job organizing everyone and making sure that everyone was where they had to be. While my husband and I were taking pictures, she lined up all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen to get them ready to be introduced, all we had to do was get in line. She made sure that everything was perfect and it most certainly was. Our bridal assistance were there every step of the way making sure that we had everything we needed. If we needed a drink, food or even someone to hold my bouquet or fluff my dress, they were there! Once the reception was over, everything we had brought with us was packed up on a cart ready to go before I could even think about having to do that. I know it's part of their job but my husband and I felt extremely well taken care of. The Waterview was one step ahead of us the entire way and we didn't have to stress or worry about a single thing the entire day. It was absolutely amazing and I would highly recommend the venue to anyone that asks!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Miriam B

After looking at over 10 venues, my fiancée and I finally chose The Waterview and we are so happy that we did! The grounds are beautiful and the staff is wonderful to work with. Our guests were amazed at how organized everything was and easy they made our day. Kathleen and April... Read More were so great to work with and the venue was the last thing on my mind coming up to the big day. I would recommend The Waterview to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Lauren P

Everything was absolutely perfect and beautiful the day of our July wedding. Everyone was very professional and the day went more smoothly than I ever thought a wedding could. I love that they provide a wedding coordinator and 2 bridal attendants who made sure that we had... Read More everything we needed. Very affordable when we chose the 10:30am time slot on a Saturday for the ceremony to begin. I couldn't be happier and HIGHLY recommend The Waterview. They provide soooo much inclusive of the per head price that there were very few outside vendors we needed to hire. For those, if we didn't have something in mind they have a list of vendors that they work closely and frequently with. We used a couple of their suggested vendors and were very pleased with them as well!

Reviewed on 8/27/2016 Christine D

We had our wedding reception at the waterview on 8/13 and It couldn't have been any better! The night went by seamlessly...From cocktail hour to our "midnight snack" pretzel station the food was amazing. We have heard from so many of our guest how delicious the dinner and cake... Read More was. On top of it all our coordinator Kat was awesome to work with!! She was so nice, very accommodating and understanding to some last minute changes, professional & detailed.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

The most perfect venue! Outstanding! My daughter and new son-in-law were married 08/06/16. On behalf of our entire family and friends I would like to thank Sue Beaumont and staff for helping to make their wedding so memorable. The event was so well organized, the staff so... Read More friendly and efficient, the food was fantastic and the Waterview itself is absolutely beautiful! From the ceremony in the gorgeous Garden Room, to the photo session on the beautiful grounds, to the cocktail hour and reception with the most beautiful windows and view of the lake, we could not have been more pleased with anything! Outstanding!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Daedly P

From the moment my husband (then fiancé) stepped into The Waterview for our first tour, we were greeted by friendly and caring staff. Our tour guide, Hilde, was bubbly and knowledgable. The venue was gorgeous and we loved that all our food needs (including our wedding cake)... Read More would be handled onsite. Our coordinator, Kat, was attentive and did not make me feel like a nuisance with my late night emails and random questions. All in all, I would recommend this venue to any couple. What I especially liked about The Waterview is that no one made us feel like a number. Venues like this do host several weddings/occasions each weekend but we were never made to feel like we were being processed by the "wedding machine." The day of our wedding, the staff was very attentive to our needs and our guests needs -- including accommodating my husband's mobility issues and providing a space for a breast-feeding guests.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Jon C

I got married at the Waterview on 6/25/16. It turned out to be a wonderful day and it was only amplified by the venue and its staff. Yes, the place it a little pricey but it is worth it for what you get. Getting married on the Garden side was beautiful, the flowers, fountains... Read More and Waterview right there was breathtaking. Everyone loved the venue, the food etc. Our planner Kat that the venue provided was excellent and her attendants that waited on my wife and me were excellent and made us feel like a king/queen for the night. Do yourself a favor and give the place a tour and see if you like it.

Reviewed on 7/12/2016 Christine R

My husband and I got married at The Waterview July 9, 2016. We could not be happier with how perfect and smoothly our day went. As the bride, I did not have to worry about a thing, as everything was taken care of. Kat was our event coordinator - she was amazing. She was always... Read More available to answer questions during the planning. The food is amazing, the venue is absolutely gorgeous - and all our guests agree. We are so happy we were able to get married at The Water-view.

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Leanne F

Everyone at the Waterview, especially Kat, helped to make our day very special with no thinking involved! All went well and we couldn't have had a more beautiful wedding day! Leading up to the event Kat was very responsive, helpful and respectful. The day of the event Kat and... Read More the other attendants were extremely helpful and patient with the bridal party. I wish I had the chance to eat the food because it all looked so great, but we heard from all of our guests that the cocktail hour was fabulous and beautiful! Just a wonderful day! Thank you to the waterview!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Shannon A

If I can give THE WATERVIEW 100 stars they would receive it. The venue was impeccable and the staff were amazing. They made sure everyone needs were met on my wedding day. They truly cater to you and ensure quality service from planning, ceremony, and reception. Once my wife and... Read More I saw the venue on the first visit, we knew this was where we wanted to get married. The food was amazing and our family enjoyed the open bar. I would recommend The Waterview over and over again. The service was above and beyond and my expectations were exceeded by the outcome. Truly a 5 star service!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Steffani V

Words cannot express how amazing our wedding was! We got married June 3, 2016. My husband and I could not have picked a better Wedding venue! Let me start by saying how great the staff was. Sue was the bomb! She was so nice and helpful, she was always just an email away for any... Read More questions or concerns Rick and I had. Our attendants Angela and Jason were beyond amazing! They made sure my husband and I had everything we needed, fresh drinks and appetizers they even helped me change out of my wedding heels! Exceptional service, Sue, Angela and Jason went above and beyond! Thank you! The grounds are so beautiful and well kept, our ceremony was just perfect! They did an amazing job setting up inside the venue for our reception, everything was beautiful! The food was spectacular! All our guest raved about how delicious the food was. My husband and I could not figure out what to order for dinner that night, They made us a huge platter with three different entrées. They were all delicious! The cake they made for us was so delicious and decorated beautifully. The grilled cheese station was also phenomenal! We are so happy that we picked the Waterview for our wedding day. Everything was spectacular! Thank you to everyone who took part in our special day, the Waterview crew is truly amazing !!owedding a day to remember!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Cindy L

We held our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at The Waterview in December 2015 and they delivered a fantastic time for our guests and us that evening. From our first visit to our meeting with our wedding coordinator, Sue Beaumont, we always felt assured and confident that we can... Read More count on her and her team for a seamless event. Their experience is resounding the day of; ensuring that our wishes were met from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Shane H

Beautiful venue & grounds.Service was amazing. All the staff was very attentive & accommodating. Every time we needed something they were right there with our every needs. The staff was good with the bride & bustling her dress.The food was delicious. We did not have one... Read More complaint from our guests. Bridal suite was nice. I would love to go back

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

I had my wedding on April 22, 2016 and it was amazing!! The guests loved the venue and they raved about the food and came. Colin was my Matre'D and he was phenomenal!! They are experts at what they do and know how to make the day go flawless from time management to being very... Read More attentive to the bride and groom. The Waterview really exceeded my expectations!! They went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect. I even forgot to buy batteries for some lights and when I saw them lit up at the end of the wedding I realized I had forgotten that detail and they covered it without even bothering me about it. I would recommend them 100%

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Laura H

My wedding on March 26th at The Waterview was absolutely perfect. What made my experience fantastic wasn't just the beautiful atmosphere, but also the staff. I cannot say enough how professional, accommodating, and above-and-beyond they were to make my dream wedding come to... Read More reality. Despite my bridezilla moments, they worked with me in every way they could to make this wedding go smoothly and perfectly. (Thank you, April, Sue, and Joanna for being there every step of the way to keep me calm and organized. I appreciate all that you have done for me!) I give The Waterview my highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Kelly G

We had our wedding on 2/14/16 at The Waterview. Our event planner Colin and The Waterview staff were beyond AMAZING! From the minute we arrived Colin was helping to make the day a success! He did everything to take the stress off of us and make it a perfect day! The venue is... Read More gorgeous! The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and inviting! The Waterview is affordable and elegant - two things you don't often find in the same place. They went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Nothing else mattered that day but making the bride and groom happy! We would highly recommend The Waterview to any bride and groom out there! Our special day was perfect! Thank you Colin and The Waterview staff for making our day picture perfect!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Rachel

I'm not a traditional bride and didn't want a typical summer wedding so I decided to get married on New Year's Eve... I had about 5 months to plan a wedding after I got engaged and everything worked out perfectly with the Waterview! I had been to a couple weddings at the venue... Read More before, so I already knew the venue was gorgeous and the food was amazing. It was the easiest process booking the wedding, I met with the staff multiple times and emailed constantly. For the actual wedding day, there were multiple "attendants" with us who made sure we had everything we needed and could explain everything. I also got dark mauve lipstick on the center of my dress right before walking into the ceremony which one of the great helpful guys got off my dress completely within minutes! (salt and seltzer is the trick!) From the ceremony to the reception, the staff was extremely attentive, on top of everything, and made sure we were organized and that everything went smoothly! For NYE we could only do the sit down dinner option (which I would have picked anyways but I've also been to a wedding with the buffet option and that was good too!)... we chose filet mignon, chicken picatta, and salmon. Everyone loved the food and raved that is was perfectly hot and had a huge portion. I didn't get to enjoy the apps but everyone also raved about them and said they had hot chocolate and hot cider for the winter wedding! We did the cake through the venue as well and did dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse.. it was delicious! As far as the venue itself, we did our ceremony inside which was beautiful. It was dark outside so the room was lit dimly and had candles in the huge windows behind us.... I've also been to summer weddings where there are two options for getting married outside and both sides are beautiful! We were able to take pictures outside because it was a warmer December day and we got great pictures by the lake and with some of the settings outside! Everything was amazing from the venue, to the staff, the food, etc.... I would recommend to anyone!

Start a Conversation!