Waterfront Romance, Grand Ballroom Elegance

First, we start with a glamorous, upscale & modern facility set in an idyllic location in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Then we add a team of culinary and event professionals who are passionate about raising the bar and delivering amazing experiences for our guests, every time. Next sprinkle in almost 30 years of experience in the Connecticut events business, and the strength and resources of our three other Connecticut venues. What you end up with is the perfect venue to trust with your one special day. So that after months of planning, you can relax and enjoy each moment—safe in the knowledge that our team will execute your fairy tale vision to perfection.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2008 09

215 Roosevelt Drive, Monroe, CT (203) 261-0915

UNBELIEVABLE EXPEREINCE.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jenifer L

I honestly don't know where to begin, but I will do my best to try and describe to you the amazing experience we had. First of all, the venue is absolutely stunning. The grounds, the reception area, everything is beautiful. The most important item on my wish list when it came to... Read More finding a venue was ensuring there was a nice indoor space for the ceremony should it rain - I didn't want to be disappointed over something I couldn't control. The room that holds the ceremony - beautiful. The weather wasn't a worry at all. Luckily for us, it didn't rain and we got to enjoy the stunning grounds and view of the west garden. I didn't even need to dress up the space - it was gorgeous on it's own. Our cocktail hour and reception was amazing. From our experience, and from the words of my guests, everyone loved it and had an amazing time. The staff was attentive, but in stealth mode - they were never overbearing. The guests even gushed over the bartender and knew him by name. The food - UNBELIEVABLE. Everyone raved about the appetizers served during cocktail hour, dinner and at the end of the evening when they served hamburgers (with all the fixings!) and french fries! The wedding package they offer is incredible. Everything was taken care of right there on site which made everything so much easier. The Waterview took care of our ceremony, the reception, catering table linens, our cake (which was delicious and gorgeous by the way!), the open bar - even our table numbers and parts of our centerpieces. Everything was set-up beautifully, just as I had asked and envisioned. They did an amazing job making our fairy tale come to life. And then there was Sue, our wedding coordinator. Speechless. Sue was always there to answer any questions we had. She went above and beyond to make sure our day went off without a hitch. In our final meeting, three days before the big day, I mentioned how that past weekend at a friend's wedding I tired this amazing drink called huckleberry lemonade and never had heard of huckleberry vodka before. She went out and got huckleberry vodka and lemonade for me for our big day. Just one of the many things Sue and The Waterview did to ensure that our day went smoothly. Sue was there through every step to ensure we were where we needed to be, but also that we were enjoying ourselves and being present in the moment. I honestly cannot thank Sue enough for everything she did for us. Oh, and as a bonus, she is a wonderful person. Sue has a huge heart, great sense of humor and the most wonderful personality. I honestly can't say enough good things about this venue. Everything was just perfect - and if something didn't go perfectly, the venue did an amazing job at resolving it without us every knowing which is exactly what you want on your big day. You don't want to have a single worry. I wish we could relive our wedding every day. It will forever be one of the greatest days of our lives and I will never forget it thanks to Sue and everyone at the Waterview.

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Julia C

The Waterview went above and beyond to exceed our expectations for our July 29 wedding. Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was, how amazing the food was, and how great the service was. Colin was the best coordinator we could ask for. He was... Read More incredibly responsive to email, creative, attentive to detail, and got our vision within a few short meetings. His total control of the day really helped us to relax and enjoy it. Everyone that we came in contact with was very professional, very customer service oriented, and really seemed to enjoy their job. A few amazing surprises that grabbed my attention: Our bridal party was met with champagne flutes at the limo! They re-used my church pew bows and live plants to decorate the space (beautifully and autonomously, I might add)! They had a sewing kit on site to help when my bustle wouldn't stay! They knew my groom & I didn't eat and sent us home with a care package! I could say so many more wonderful things about them, but I will just let you find that out for yourself. We couldn't be happier with how the day turned out, and the Waterview was the perfect choice for us. I highly recommend that you consider them for your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Kristin L

It's a beautiful place, the food is phenomenal, and the staff is ON POINT! They're so well organized and professional, and when something goes wrong (as it happens to everyone) they are right there to fix it before you even realize. We had pictures of our grandparents on the... Read More mantle place, and accidentally double printed one set and missed another. We realized as we were walking into our ceremony, and our bridesmaid emailed the photo and it was already fixed and in place before we came back in from our ceremony. What could have been a disaster was handled swiftly and with a smile, and that's the kind of courtesy and service that can really make or break your big day. We were a bit hesitant in the beginning, knowing that two weddings can be held there the same night, but I can honestly tell you, there was another wedding and we never even noticed. There was no cross-over, no noise, no confusion. Everything was magical, every last detail (and seriously, the FOOD!!!!). We loved it!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Leigh S

We got married at the Waterview on 9/30/17 and everything was absolutely perfect. We worked with April to secure our date and sign our contract, and she was so pleasant and easy to work with. Colin was our wedding coordinator and he was amazing as well. He was so quick to... Read More respond to questions and was so helpful on the day of our wedding. Everyone at the Waterview did such a great job - we brought a ton of decorations and they set everything up perfectly. The food and drinks were amazing, our guests could not stop raving about all the food at cocktail hour and the meals. The cake was also delicious. Everything about the waterview made our day great - it was seamless and we didn't have to worry about anything. I would highly highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Melanie D

Wow, where to even begin!! Let’s just say if you choose to go with the Waterview for your event, you will NOT be disappointed!!!! Our wedding day was more than we could have ever hoped and dreamed and the team at the Waterview made it all possible. From the very moment we... Read More decided to sign the contract we were treated so well and with so much care! The date I wanted was taken the day We decided we were going with them as our wedding venue but they were more than helpful because all though they didn’t have the day I wanted they made everything possible!!! April was so helpful in making me feel better with a new date! Colin was our wedding coordinator and he was just GREAT! So patient, helpful and showed interest in everything we talked about, which my husband and I truly appreciated . It’s so easy to get lost in a sea of brides and grooms getting married at the same location but Colin made sure to always help us when we needed anything! The day of the wedding was PERFECT! Everyone who worked to make our day happen was extremely nice and professional. My bridal attendants we GREAT. The food was amazing and my guests were so satisfied with the quality and amount of food and drinks that they had. Honestly, I just can’t say enough to express how grateful we are. Thank you so much to everyone at the Waterview.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Grace A

I am only two weeks away from my wedding and wish I could do it all over again! The Waterview staff was amazing, Colin our wedding planner went above and beyond. Every little detail was exactly how we wanted it and all my guests said how wonderful and beautiful the reception... Read More was. I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding reception and am so happy this is where we chose to have our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Stephanie G

This venue was absolutely incredible. Colin and the rest of the team made the day go so smooth. They were constantly checking in on us asking if there was anything we need and making sure we ate. I even lost my drink at one point which I didn't think anything of it and they... Read More brought me a new one. They were amazing! Thank you so much for making our day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Alessa C

Absolute perfection! Our August wedding at the Waterview was flawless. Our wedding coordinator Kat was amazing and made sure every detail was perfect. She was always attentive and responsive every step of the way. The wait staff and bartenders are second to none. The venue is... Read More breathtaking and my guests are still raving about the food!!! The Waterview certainly made my wedding the best day of my life.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Amy R

The waterview made my wedding day pure perfection! The staff was on top of every detail and made sure every guest was taken care of. I can not say enough great things about this venue, it is not only a BEAUTIFUL venue, but is staffed amazingly!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 Shannon C

My husband and I loved the location of The Waterview. They gave us an exceptional deal because we booked within 6 months of our wedding. While our day-of service was exceptional, I was less than pleased with the communication prior to our big day. The on-site coordinator that... Read More I worked with was part-time, and I could never get a hold of her on the phone. While she was quick to respond to emails, I had many questions that I needed answers to. Email just didn't cut it for me.

2017-08-18T16:26:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your feedback. While I am glad your wedding day was exceptional, I wish we could have given that experience at all stages of your wedding planning. I would like to hear more about your experience so that we can improve our... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Laura G

Colin was simply amazing. From the moment, we decided to go on a tour, we knew that The Waterview would be the ideal and perfect location. Colin Melita was amazing when it came to making sure that everything would run smoothly. Not only was he and the staff responsive to our... Read More needs prior to the wedding during the planning process, the day of the wedding was simply magical. Colin made sure from the minute, I ( the bride) arrived that my bridal suite and everything would be all set up and meet and exceed all of our expectations. Right before the wedding, our bridal assistant Jason was amazing and made sure that we were all set and ready to go. The ceremony was perfect and ran incredibly smoothly. From the minute we walked down the aisle as a newly married couple, Colin was at the end of the aisle with a tray of champagne to hand out to the bridal party. It was such a sweet and genuine gesture. Colin was amazing, I cannot put into words how fantastic our day ran because of him and the staff at the Waterview. He made sure that we had all the cocktail hour appetizers and drinks brought outside to the bridal party taking pictures. He made sure that we had our drinks full and our plates full ( even though I- the bride- could hardly eat with all of the overwhelming love the day brought). If there was something wrong that day, we had NO idea because everything was perfect. We, alongside our families, are eternally grateful and appreciative of the Waterview and the entire staff especially Colin for making our day so perfect and special. It has been almost a month and a half since our wedding and people are still talking about how amazing the food, the room, the ceremony and the desserts were! ( Helpful Bride Tip: GET the Viennese table, it was to die for and the guests couldn't have enough!) This is the place to get married or have any large event.

Reviewed on 7/31/2017 Katerina K

Words cannot express how much the Waterview exceeded our expectations. From our first visit and meeting, I knew I wanted our wedding at this venue. Joanna was beyond accommodating and always put us first. From there, Colin was amazing! Coordinating everything felt so easy with... Read More him there to guide us through. The wedding reception itself was flawless! We were greeted at the limo with champagne waiting for us. Colin and our bridal attendants were there with us along the way making sure we had everything we needed throughout the night. The Waterview has breathtaking views, amazing food, and great hospitality. My husband and I can't recommend it enough! Five stars doesn't do it justice!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 adam r

A phenomenal place to get married with the best staff possible to assist you throughout your journey. April & Colin made, what could have been the hardest year of our lives due to the constant need to make decisions and run around, easy and fun. We love them and the venue!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Siobhan G

The Waterview was absolutely perfect for our wedding! Not only is it beautiful, but you really do get your money's worth. I had so many guests tell me both at the wedding and after how impressed they were with not only the whole event (so many people told us it was the best... Read More wedding they'd ever been to), but with Colin as well, who was our wedding coordinator. If the Waterview is amazing, then Colin is absolutely spectacular! He made our day so flawless he was truly incredible. Highly recommend the Waterview and Colin to all couples!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Thomas G

Couldn't be happier with our choice to have our wedding at the Waterview. This place is as good as it gets from the service to the food everything was perfect! We were lucky enough to have Colin has our wedding planner who truly helped us think of everything possible the months... Read More prior to the wedding in order to ensure we had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding. Colin went above and beyond to specialize the wedding for us which truly meant the world to us. In addition, I was truly impressed with how he approached me (the bride) with the possible rain situation that was looking to occur during the wedding. He asked me what I wanted inside or out even if it was lightly raining and was tracking the radar up until the last hour to see exactly what we should do. At one point they had both options ready to go with a game time decision on how the weather was going to hold up. Luckily everything worked out and the rain waited till after the ceremony, but I was truly grateful on how I was approached on this topic as it could have been very overwhelming with the wrong approach. In addition to Colin, the day of the wedding we had Jason and Angela also helping us out and wow were they good. My dad's suit button ended up falling out and Jason was there with a needle and thread to fix it back to normal. While Angela was amazing making sure at every moment I had everything I could have needed through the night. Overall, I couldn't be happier with our decision to have the wedding at the Waterview. The Waterview is a beautiful venue with an amazing staff and would recommend this place without a doubt!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Thomas G

Reviewed on 7/06/2017 Wendy M

Our experience with our wedding venue, The Waterview, was just simply amazing! My wedding coordinator, Kat, was amazing from day one to day of wedding! She really made me feel relaxed and at ease as a bride! Our wedding day was just perfect for us! Our wedding attendants were... Read More awesome as well!! My husband and I would highly recommend The Waterview for any couple getting married!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Nicole S

We just had our wedding at the waterview. Colin was our assistant, himself and the other there were attentive and helpful. The food was great and atmosphere speaks for itself. It was an amazing day - thank you to all there who made our day perfect!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Colleen K

I cannot say enough good things about the Waterview. I attended an event at the Waterview several years back, and immediately said that this was the place that I would get married- I wasn't even engaged yet!! When the time came to choose a venue, the Waterview was an easy... Read More choice. My husband and I had such an easy time working with the staff. They were so accommodating to the (many) times that we wanted to visit the venue, and the many questions we had during our two year engagement. The wedding package options that they offered far exceeded any other venue we saw in the state..and everything (food, views, staff) far exceeded our expectations. We worked with Colin in the final stages of our planning. His expertise made us feel comfortable and he was so accommodating to everything that we asked for. On the night of the wedding, every single staff member, including Colin went above and beyond to make sure that we were happy. They treated our friends and family equally as well, and our guests had incredible things to say about the venue. The Waterview is truly a gem and I would highly recommend to any future bride and groom!!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Cassandra I

THE PERFECT DAY! Kat was my event manager and she couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. Leading up to the wedding we must have emailed every day and she was always happy to answer any and all questions. We had quite a few guests changes leading up to the wedding and... Read More she helped every step of the way, making the changes and working to make our day perfect. She walked us through everything. Not only was Kat amazing, but the venue itself is so beautiful! We were married in the West Garden in late April and it was just gorgeous. We got so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful the venue was. The staff was so accommodating all day and made sure we had everything we needed. The food was also so delicious and we loved that the venue did so much for us. We couldn't have picked a better location to have our wedding! I was so happy and will remember it forever.

Reviewed on 4/30/2017 Ania J

I had both my 10/08/16 ceremony and reception at the Waterview, and I have to say my husband and I agree that it was the most amazing choice for wedding venue! The Waterview is the only reason why we got married outside of New York. My husband and I were underwhelmed with the... Read More lackluster over-priced catering halls of Long Island and although we were getting married in the beginning of October when the weather is a little unpredictable, we wanted a picturesque backdrop for our day. After searching for beautiful fall weddings we came across The Waterview and we fell in LOVE! When we visited in September of 2014 with April we knew that this was the place for us! The beauty of the ballrooms were equally matched by the stunning grounds outside, and the price for what was included was absolutely perfect for our budget. We chose the West Side for our day and we weren't financially ready to send a down payment but April worked with us and helped us secure our date which we were so grateful for. Every single time we were in touch with The Waterview we were so satisfied with how they were planning to conduct our day. Kat was a rock-star! Working with The Waterview as an out of state couple was a breeze. Kat kept in close contact with all of our vendors and even closer to the day she made sure we didn't waste any unnecessary time visiting if we could handle something through email, phone or fax. Everything was so well managed, from the way we wanted our ceremony chairs set up, to which picture went where for the reception, we were even given the exact amount of cider needed for our signature cocktail because that was the ONE ingredient they did not have readily available which we were so happy that they did for us. Even six months later, our friends and family can't stop talking about how amazing our hot and fresh food was, how delicious the cake was and our Viennese table that we turned into favors and grilled cheese ending station blew our guests away, they were so happy and full and surprised at how fantastic the service including the bar was! The Waterview pleased even the harshest critics of events that we know, which was more than a shock to my husband and I. If I had the choice I would want to relive our day and get married again and again because of how perfect, beautiful , professional and stunning The Waterview and their staff were for our day!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Melissa C

The food, the room, the staff were all amazing! Everyone continues to tell us it was the best wedding! We had a ball and everything was stunning! Kat is great to work with, so helpful, attentive and calming! We could not be happier. Our only complaint was that we are advised... Read More that flowers would be provided by venue for our outdoor ceremony and there were none there due to weather. If we would have known ahead of time we would have contacted the florist. Besides that we could not be happier!

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Lauren F

Kat was amazingly helpful throughout the entire planning process. Having two bridal assistants day of was awesome as well. Food was great, service was great, overall experience was top notch. If we were to do it again...we'd use The Waterview again!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Rinson T

I was lucky enough to hold my ceremony and reception at the Waterview this past January. From the moment we met with Joanna for the initial tour, until the flawlessly executed wedding day with my event coordinator, Colin Melita, we were so well taken care of and our guests are... Read More still raving about the wedding details and the food! We had about a month to secure a place and fell in love with the Waterview as soon as we saw it-- and how could you not-- the chandeliers, the gold chiavari chairs, the floor-to-ceiling windows along one whole side overlooking Lake Zoar-- it's perfect. Since our final guest count was about 225, we used one half of the Grand Ballroom for our ceremony and the other for our reception. We saw quite a few venues that would cram people into one section with hardly any room between the tables or between each seating arrangement, but that was not a concern for us here. The Waterview was so accommodating with our lack of time, and worked with us to help us pull off the short-notice planning. A special shout out to my bridal attendants, who were constantly making sure we were eating and hydrated enough throughout the day. Being that the wedding was in January, they even came out in the cold with us during pictures, holding my coat so I could warm up between shots! A big thank you to my attendants-- Christina and Genny-- you guys are amazing :) There's one more thing I can't help but mention. I have an uncle who is on a very strict diet, and as soon as I mentioned this to Colin, I was asked where he would be seated and was assured that he would be completely taken care of. The family told me that they received the best service compared to any other wedding they've been to. This, among other compliments I received about the food and the service, went to show that the staff at the Waterview do an exceptional job and go above and beyond to ensure that your wedding (or any other event) goes smoothly. Thank you Joanna, Colin, and the staff at the Waterview for making our big day so memorable!! Rinson and Shilpa 28th January 2017

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Christine J

The Waterview and all of their staff are absolutely outstanding. We had our winter wedding here on 1/14/2017 and I could not have imagined the day going any better. We knew after our first visit that this was our venue. The water views and beautiful windows throughout make this... Read More venue absolutely gorgeous at any time of year, but it made our snowy wedding day just perfect being able to watch the snow fall over the lake throughout the reception. Our wedding coordinator Kat was fantastic and made us feel comfortable and excited at every stage of our planning. I was living in Texas for work and was having to plan our entire wedding over the phone and via emails. Kat made this a seamless and stress free process. She was so accommodating and kept me on schedule during each phase of planning. She worked with our travel schedule to make sure we had in person meetings whenever possible and made our day absolutely amazing. On the day of the wedding we had nothing to worry about and Kat took care of everything. From working with our vendors to keeping our timeline on schedule, she covered it all. We also had two outstanding bridal attendants, George and Jenny who made the day even sweeter. They were troopers and even stood outside to help me with my dress for our snowy bridal party pictures! Kat, George and Jenny made sure that my husband and I, and all of our guests were comfortable and having fun all night long. At the end of the night they had all of our items boxed up and ready to hand off to us. The night went off without a hitch and it was a dream come true. We still have guests raving about the beauty, food, cake, and service that this venue offers. I HIGHLY recommend The Waterview for your wedding or event. The staff is fantastic and it was an experience I will always cherish. Thank you!!