Waterfront Romance, Grand Ballroom Elegance

First, we start with a glamorous, upscale & modern facility set in an idyllic location in Fairfield County, Connecticut. Then we add a team of culinary and event professionals who are passionate about raising the bar and delivering amazing experiences for our guests, every time. Next sprinkle in almost 30 years of experience in the Connecticut events business, and the strength and resources of our three other Connecticut venues. What you end up with is the perfect venue to trust with your one special day. So that after months of planning, you can relax and enjoy each moment—safe in the knowledge that our team will execute your fairy tale vision to perfection.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

215 Roosevelt Drive, Monroe, CT

UNBELIEVABLE EXPEREINCE.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Jenifer L

I honestly don't know where to begin, but I will do my best to try and describe to you the amazing experience we had. First of all, the venue is absolutely stunning. The grounds, the reception area, everything is beautiful. The most important item on my wish list when it came to... Read More finding a venue was ensuring there was a nice indoor space for the ceremony should it rain - I didn't want to be disappointed over something I couldn't control. The room that holds the ceremony - beautiful. The weather wasn't a worry at all. Luckily for us, it didn't rain and we got to enjoy the stunning grounds and view of the west garden. I didn't even need to dress up the space - it was gorgeous on it's own. Our cocktail hour and reception was amazing. From our experience, and from the words of my guests, everyone loved it and had an amazing time. The staff was attentive, but in stealth mode - they were never overbearing. The guests even gushed over the bartender and knew him by name. The food - UNBELIEVABLE. Everyone raved about the appetizers served during cocktail hour, dinner and at the end of the evening when they served hamburgers (with all the fixings!) and french fries! The wedding package they offer is incredible. Everything was taken care of right there on site which made everything so much easier. The Waterview took care of our ceremony, the reception, catering table linens, our cake (which was delicious and gorgeous by the way!), the open bar - even our table numbers and parts of our centerpieces. Everything was set-up beautifully, just as I had asked and envisioned. They did an amazing job making our fairy tale come to life. And then there was Sue, our wedding coordinator. Speechless. Sue was always there to answer any questions we had. She went above and beyond to make sure our day went off without a hitch. In our final meeting, three days before the big day, I mentioned how that past weekend at a friend's wedding I tired this amazing drink called huckleberry lemonade and never had heard of huckleberry vodka before. She went out and got huckleberry vodka and lemonade for me for our big day. Just one of the many things Sue and The Waterview did to ensure that our day went smoothly. Sue was there through every step to ensure we were where we needed to be, but also that we were enjoying ourselves and being present in the moment. I honestly cannot thank Sue enough for everything she did for us. Oh, and as a bonus, she is a wonderful person. Sue has a huge heart, great sense of humor and the most wonderful personality. I honestly can't say enough good things about this venue. Everything was just perfect - and if something didn't go perfectly, the venue did an amazing job at resolving it without us every knowing which is exactly what you want on your big day. You don't want to have a single worry. I wish we could relive our wedding every day. It will forever be one of the greatest days of our lives and I will never forget it thanks to Sue and everyone at the Waterview.

Absolutely Amazing

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Rachel L

The Waterview was everything I ever could have dreamed and more. When my husband and I started looking at places for our wedding, we repeatedly met with people who did not take the time to address our needs, questions, and concerns. The Waterview, however, was a completely... Read More different experience. From the moment my husband and I met April we knew the Waterview was right for us. April worked with us to find a date, time, and price that worked within our budget and made sure we had the wedding of our dream. Kat, our wedding coordinator, was excellent. She answered all of my questions and emails quickly and never hesitated to help me make sure my day was perfect. Whether it was something adding a signature drink or making sure our bridesmaids and groomsmen knew what to do for the ceremony, she was flawless. Our bridal attendants the day of were also amazing. They anticipated all our needs and made sure we had the best day. Our guests absolutely loved the venue and breath-taking views of Lake Zoar in the fall. The food was to die for, especially the mac and cheese and mini-cone quesadillas at cocktail hour, and the chicken pot pie appetizer. People won't stop talking about it! Overall, it was more than we every could have dreamed and the Waterview staff made it all possible.

Absolutely Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Alison T

I can't say enough good things about The Waterview staff or about the venue in general. The Waterview was the first placecw looked at when we were shopping for a venue and we knew it was the place for us before we even finished the tour. The grounds are flawless and... Read More immaculate, and the inside is the same. Exceptionally clean and spacious. The staff are the friendliest, most accommodating people I've ever met in my life! They literally waited on us hand and foot. The food was OUTSTANDING, not one negative comment from a single guest! Everyone loved everything! The Waterview provided our cake as well as a dessert table and everything was just phenomenal. We also did our ceremony on-site and had the most beautiful view of Lake Zoar. It was absolutely incredible and our day could not have been any more perfect. Huge thank yous to April, Sue, Shannon, Angela, and Jason, as well all of the staff we didn't get to meet personally! I truly could not have gotten through the day without you all so thank you so much!!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Cindy L

We held our Wedding Ceremony and Reception at The Waterview in December 2015 and they delivered a fantastic time for our guests and us that evening. From our first visit to our meeting with our wedding coordinator, Sue Beaumont, we always felt assured and confident that we can... Read More count on her and her team for a seamless event. Their experience is resounding the day of; ensuring that our wishes were met from beginning to end.

Reviewed on 5/08/2016 Shane H

Beautiful venue & grounds.Service was amazing. All the staff was very attentive & accommodating. Every time we needed something they were right there with our every needs. The staff was good with the bride & bustling her dress.The food was delicious. We did not have one... Read More complaint from our guests. Bridal suite was nice. I would love to go back

Reviewed on 5/02/2016

I had my wedding on April 22, 2016 and it was amazing!! The guests loved the venue and they raved about the food and came. Colin was my Matre'D and he was phenomenal!! They are experts at what they do and know how to make the day go flawless from time management to being very... Read More attentive to the bride and groom. The Waterview really exceeded my expectations!! They went above and beyond to make sure every detail was perfect. I even forgot to buy batteries for some lights and when I saw them lit up at the end of the wedding I realized I had forgotten that detail and they covered it without even bothering me about it. I would recommend them 100%

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Laura H

My wedding on March 26th at The Waterview was absolutely perfect. What made my experience fantastic wasn't just the beautiful atmosphere, but also the staff. I cannot say enough how professional, accommodating, and above-and-beyond they were to make my dream wedding come to... Read More reality. Despite my bridezilla moments, they worked with me in every way they could to make this wedding go smoothly and perfectly. (Thank you, April, Sue, and Joanna for being there every step of the way to keep me calm and organized. I appreciate all that you have done for me!) I give The Waterview my highest recommendation.

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Kelly G

We had our wedding on 2/14/16 at The Waterview. Our event planner Colin and The Waterview staff were beyond AMAZING! From the minute we arrived Colin was helping to make the day a success! He did everything to take the stress off of us and make it a perfect day! The venue is... Read More gorgeous! The food was delicious and the staff was friendly and inviting! The Waterview is affordable and elegant - two things you don't often find in the same place. They went above and beyond to make you feel comfortable. Nothing else mattered that day but making the bride and groom happy! We would highly recommend The Waterview to any bride and groom out there! Our special day was perfect! Thank you Colin and The Waterview staff for making our day picture perfect!

Reviewed on 1/11/2016 Rachel

I'm not a traditional bride and didn't want a typical summer wedding so I decided to get married on New Year's Eve... I had about 5 months to plan a wedding after I got engaged and everything worked out perfectly with the Waterview! I had been to a couple weddings at the venue... Read More before, so I already knew the venue was gorgeous and the food was amazing. It was the easiest process booking the wedding, I met with the staff multiple times and emailed constantly. For the actual wedding day, there were multiple "attendants" with us who made sure we had everything we needed and could explain everything. I also got dark mauve lipstick on the center of my dress right before walking into the ceremony which one of the great helpful guys got off my dress completely within minutes! (salt and seltzer is the trick!) From the ceremony to the reception, the staff was extremely attentive, on top of everything, and made sure we were organized and that everything went smoothly! For NYE we could only do the sit down dinner option (which I would have picked anyways but I've also been to a wedding with the buffet option and that was good too!)... we chose filet mignon, chicken picatta, and salmon. Everyone loved the food and raved that is was perfectly hot and had a huge portion. I didn't get to enjoy the apps but everyone also raved about them and said they had hot chocolate and hot cider for the winter wedding! We did the cake through the venue as well and did dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse.. it was delicious! As far as the venue itself, we did our ceremony inside which was beautiful. It was dark outside so the room was lit dimly and had candles in the huge windows behind us.... I've also been to summer weddings where there are two options for getting married outside and both sides are beautiful! We were able to take pictures outside because it was a warmer December day and we got great pictures by the lake and with some of the settings outside! Everything was amazing from the venue, to the staff, the food, etc.... I would recommend to anyone!

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/02/2015 Allison B

I am still in awe of the amazing experience of having my wedding at the Waterview. The staff at the Waterview were professional, responsive to my needs, and overall, genuinely friendly people. The day of my wedding was absolutely perfect and I thank the Waterview team for a... Read More wonderful day. They did everything they said they were going to do and made a very stressful day significantly less stressful for me. The food was excellent and bountiful. The outdoor spaces were manicured and well-maintained. Every time that I visited the Waterview before my wedding, the staff were always doing something to improve the appearance of the grounds or the building. Overall, a great value in a priceless location.

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Allison B

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 10/13/2015 Elizabeth V

My husband and I were extremely pleased with the Waterview. Picking the Waterview was one of the easiest decisions we made. The atmosphere is spectacular. What I liked about the Waterview was that they have a lot of experience running weddings/events, but they do not make you... Read More feel like you are just another client. Working with the staff was easy and enjoyable. Kathleen helped answer many questions along the way and worked hard to make sure our needs were met. The food was phenomenal! We are still receiving compliments about the food. The food was “the best cocktail hour and wedding food I’ve ever had” as described by every wedding guest I spoke to.The service is second to none. From day one, we were greeted with courtesy, professionalism, and quality service. On the day of our wedding, our bridal attendants were terrific, guiding us through the entire event, and taking care of our every need. If you want to have a gorgeous, delicious, and elegant wedding that is approached at all times with the utmost care and detail book the Waterview!

Beautiful wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Jessica W

The Waterview is a beautiful waterfront venue, inside and out. The chandeliers in the reception provide elegance that many other venues in the same price range lack. The wedding coordinator at the venue was most helpful. We met with her to discuss the menu and details of the... Read More day. She was always accessible via email and was very accommodating to last minute changes. She was very thorough at the rehearsal to make sure everyone knew what they were supposed to do. The day of she was right there to make sure everything went smoothly and even make sure to straighten out my train before walking down the aisle. The food at the Waterview was excellent as well. They have a good variety and will allow you to make changes if needed. (We didn't like the vegetables that came with one of the dishes, we were we able to swap for a different vegetable) I had guests telling me that they were already getting full after the passed hor'dourves from cocktail hour. We received many compliments on how beautiful the venue is and on how delicious the food was.

I would 100% recommend the Waterview

Reviewed on 9/17/2015 Desiree D

I had an outside ceremony in August with a reception to follow. The environment is breath-takingly beautiful. Our wedding photos came out great because of the wonderful background of Lake Zoar... The service at the Waterview was spectacular! They were very accommodating to... Read More all our needs. I am not much of a planner and they made it as easy as possible. I would happily recommend this venue to any of my friends and family and would love to return as a guest. I can not say enough about the wonderful staff and there thoughtfulness. The shuttle we arranged to transport people from the waterview to the hotel broke down and did not show up at the end of the night. The staff actually helped arrange other means of transportation. They went above and beyond by driving about 8 or so guests back to the hotel in their own cars!!! AMAZING!!! The Waterview is a full-service wedding venue and they have a pastry chef that created a beautiful and delicious cake, which helped eliminate one vendor of finding a pastry shop... I would 100% recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 9/17/2015

I loved all the staff at the waterview, we had an issue with meeting our minimum number and April re-did our contract to a number we were able to meet. Colin was our event coordinator and he was amazing if anything went wrong I never knew about it which I really appreciated.... Read More He always made sure the bridal party had water, drinks and food. At the end of the night we had forgotten a few items and he put them all together at the front so they could be picked up. And the chef was so nice I had a moment of almost fainting and he brought me into the big freezer to cool down ( I don't many people who would have done that) so a huge thank you to him for helping me and not letting me faint lol A huge thank you to every member of the waterview team! This night was perfect from beginning to end.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Joanna G

From our first look at The Waterview, we knew it was going to be a perfect fit for us. We worked with Kat to plan our wedding. She was friendly, helpful, and responded quickly to any and all questions. She was helpful when we didn't know what to do for certain parts of the... Read More reception, giving us advice of things that have worked/not worked for others in the past. Every guest was blown away by the food!! I had heard that the food was amazing and could only hope that it would be the same for our day and it was. The facility was beautiful and they worked hard to include all the decorative touches that I provided on top of the pieces that I used from them. I would absolutely recommend having a reception here!

Reviewed on 8/27/2015 Lauren H

My wedding at The Waterview was just perfect! From the booking to the day after our wedding we cannot rave enough about the attention and service we received from everyone throughout the building! April was so accommodating and easy to work with at booking, and Joanna (GM) was... Read More such a pleasure as well. We were fortunate enough to have Colin as our coordinator and although he was just “doing his job”, he made us feel like he went the extra mile and then some for us. He was completely in sync with all of my details and extremely responsive. Colin’s assistant Zac and the waitstaff executed speedy and professional service. The bartenders, Kenny and Gabe also went the extra mile to maintain my heavy drinking crowd and were making some creative drinks to appease some picky drinkers! Chef Nino and team did a fantastic job on the food! Our guests are still raving about all of the food, from the elaborate cocktail hour to the perfectly cooked filet mignon! I have some experience in the service industry and would consider my standards to be extremely high, and the entire crew from The Waterview absolutely exceeded any/all expectations.

Incredible Wedding Venue!!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2015 Daniella D

The Waterview was the perfect spot for our wedding reception. The food was outstanding, my guests are still raving about the cocktail appetizers!! The staff was professional, helpful, and met all of our requests. Our day was absolutely incredible from start to finish! I highly... Read More recommend The Waterview as a Wedding Venue!

The Most Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Jenna M

I cannot even begin to describe how perfect our wedding reception was at The Waterview!! It was everything we wanted and more! The staff was absolutely amazing and went out of their way to make sure that we had everything we needed!! I always had so many questions, but our... Read More wedding coordinator Kathleen was always incredibly helpful! Our guests raved about the food and the atmosphere. And I could not have imagined a more beautiful wedding cake! Also, the sundae bar was spectacular!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015

I cannot say enough good things about The Waterview and all of the staff. We fell in love with this venue the very first time we saw it. From the first day the staff was helpful, kind, informative, professional.... We knew right away that we wanted to celebrate our wedding in... Read More this beautiful place. Sue was our coordinator and she was so wonderful to work with throughout the whole wedding process. She was quick to answer any questions we had and was so accommodating to our needs and requests. The night of the wedding was perfect--everything went so smoothly. There was not one moment throughout the entire night that we needed something and there wasn't someone a few feet away. The two attendants we had were right there the whole evening asking us what we needed and checking in on us. Sue was there the entire time also making sure everything was going smoothly and that we had everything we needed. If you're looking for a professional and breathtaking venue with amazing views, look no further than The Waterview. We had a fantastic experience with them and have not one negative thing to say about it. (Family that we had from Spain couldn't stop raving about how beautiful everything was)!

Amazing

Reviewed on 7/26/2015 STEPHANIE E

Words can't explain how happy I am that I found The Waterview. The staff was amazing and the food was excellent. The wedding coordinators were always there if I had a question and are very helpful. My coordinator, Sue, watched the weather forcast on her phone and even moved my... Read More ceremony up a few minutes because she knew how bad I wanted to have it outside and she timed it perfect. They even give the bride 2 bridal attendees who are always around if you need anything. Nothing but the best service and food. Couldn't have asked for a better day.

Reviewed on 7/18/2015

From our first meeting with Joanna the sales director to our last (tearful) goodbye with Sue our coordinator, I can't say enough about the fabulous-ness of this venue. If you are like me and want to sleep easy while planning your daughter's wedding, want top notch service,... Read More expertise I can rely on and trust, fabulous food and a beautiful location, then The Waterview is your spot. I can't say enough about the personal service and attention, the fabulous food and appetizers, and the peace of mind I had in selecting this spot for our daughter's wedding. Thank you so much to Joanna, Sue, and the great team that helped to make this day just perfect.

Waterview Venue

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Melissa M

Great venue....guests raved about the food and service afterwards. We got married outside on the East side and the pictures were beautiful!

The Waterview delivered an AMAZING wedding day for us!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014 A F

Hubby and I can't say enough good things about The Waterview. First, April McBride was so kind as to work with us on our very tight budget. She gave us an amazing deal and because of her we were able to have our dream wedding on the water. They give you one price per person that... Read More includes a comprehensive package which makes wedding planning so much easier! It includes customized, decorated delicious wedding cake made on premise, Event Coordinator for planning in the days and months before the wedding AND managing everything on the day, bridal attendants waiting on you and taking care of you the day of, top shelf open bar, linens, and three course delicious plated meal! We just couldn't believe everything that we got for once price! We had Colin Melita as our Event Coordinator and he was so awesome! So relaxed and calm which helped put us at ease. Both him and April always responded to my one million emails very quickly! He also went above and beyond at the wedding, coming to the rescue with ointment and painkillers when hubby was suddenly stung by a bee, packing up all our stuff for us including ceramic wrap to safely preserve our sand ceremony sand, re-doing our table name frames so that they looked more elegant than when I brought them to him feeling all frazzled and stressed. Colin was so wonderful and we were really glad that he was our Coordinator. He offered to put our food in the warmer when he noticed we were too busy to eat and brought it back out when we were finally able to sit and eat. It was such a pleasure having our wedding there. The food and wedding cake was absolutely delicious. The grounds were beautiful and perfect. And the day-of coordination was spectacular - walkie talkies to coordinate, someone to fluff your dress for you as you walk down the aisle, champagne and food for us and the bridal party. We HIGHLY recommend The Waterview! If they don't have your date available, change your date! Then ask for April McBride and Colin Melita!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 12/05/2014

My wedding was at the end of September and it was a wonderful day. The staff was very helpful day of and made everything go smoothly. The food was wonderful.