Book Your Wedding with The Westgate Hotel

Located near the Gaslight District in San Diego, California, The Westgate Hotel features traditional European-style architecture and decor that is inspired by the Palace of Versailles. A sweeping staircase, crystal chandeliers, Persian rugs and handwoven tapestries decorate the interior of The Westgate Hotel, making the venue ideal for a romantic wedding. The bride and groom can choose an outdoor wedding on the Rooftop Terrace or an indoor wedding in the Grand Ballroom. With space for up to 240 guests outdoors and up to 160 guests indoors, The Westgate Hotel provides you with an elegant venue for mid-sized and large weddings.

The Westgate Hotel offers several wedding packages to choose from. The initial rental fee covers six hours of time in the desired space. Couples who purchase a wedding package don't have to pay the fee to rent the venue, but additional fees may apply if the event requires more than six hours. All events must end before 12 a.m.

Catering is available. Three, four or five-course meals available to choose from. Hor d'oeuvres, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries are included in each catering package. Catering fees are per person, and a minimum food and beverage charge applies to all catered weddings.

Couples who choose a catered wedding also receive breakfast in bed, a midnight meal and a menu tasting. The fee for renting the reception space is waived for those who opt for a catered wedding. Tables, linens and chairs are provided. Outside catering isn't allowed.

Separate dressing rooms are provided for the bride and groom, and The Westgate Hotel provides votive candles for the event. Guests aren't allowed to throw rice, birdseed or confetti, and fresh flower petals aren't allowed. All alcohol must be provided by the Westgate Hotel. In-house lighting is available for an additional fee. Liability insurance is required before the event, and smoking is allowed in designated outdoors areas.

Parking is available for a daily fee. Guests may reserve rooms, but advance reservations are recommended to ensure availability. The Westgate Hotel welcomes non-traditional weddings, and the staff is willing to go above and beyond to assist you in creating your ideal wedding.

Guests at The Westgate Hotel can enjoy a wide range of complimentary and special services. An on-site wedding coordinator is provided to ensure every detail of the wedding is right, and setup is provided by the helpful staff. Other perks include the following:

• Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • Valet
  • Complimentary reception site setup
  • On-site gym, spa, dry cleaner and restaurant
  • Business lounge

Begin Your Fairytale with a Westgate Wedding!

Inspired by the classic décor of Versailles Palace, The Westgate Hotel creates a wedding celebration to be remembered. Our award-winning culinary team designs personalized menus and our dedicated wedding expert assists you with all the details, making your wedding a memory you will always cherish!

Civil Union, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Second Wedding , Vow Renewal Ceremony

Ballroom, Castle, City Hall, Historic Venue, Hotel, Mansion + Estate, Restaurant, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1055 2nd Ave, San Diego, CA (619) 557-3636

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Joshua M

If you are looking for immaculate service, a vintage/ modern feel all in one place at an affordable price, you have found the right place here. My wife and I recently got married here on 8/5/2017 and dealt with Lorena as the Banquet event coordinator. I have never felt so... Read More reassured in my life, and not only that, the follow through was incredible. They bent over backwards for us and made sure that not just us, but our immediate family was taken care of as well. All information was sent out to our vendors coming in, and any questions that I needed answered were taken care of almost immediately. I actually lost track of the emails back and fourth. From the management, all the way down to the valet were impeccable with customer service and making sure we were comfortable there. The spa is brand new as well, which gave my wife the relaxation she needed day of the wedding, to calm the nerves. I honestly couldnt have asked for a better experience anywhere. Plus, a make or break for most weddings is the food. The food here is ridiculously good with an affordable price tag. Nothing but compliments from our guests the entire night. My wife and I went with the middle grade package just because of how much food was already served. Thank you Westgate!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 john c

Back in July, we flew to San Diego to look at Venues. (We live in Seattle) We went to many different scheduled venues and decided on The Westgate Hotel. We decided on the space and cocktail hour space. We were told that the space was on hold for us and we would have a week to... Read More decide. On the day we were going to sign the contract, the venue reached out to me and said they needed move our cocktail hour space. I asked why and what happened and the answer that was given to me was that they had another wedding and they also wanted the space so since they were ready to sign the contract, they gave it away. I asked what was the reason for having the space on hold if they weren't going to hold it. Lorena said that "This was a complimentary hold until someone else was ready to sign" I was told by the director that if there was someone else interested, they would contact me. Unfortunately that did not happen. Lorena made it seem like it wasn't a big deal to switch us and yes, it's just cocktail hour, but the explanation was awful. Long story short, they eventually got the space back for us, but at that point, there were too many stories from them that didn't make sense and the trust was broken. So because of this, we had to fly out again to San Diego a month later to look at more venues. We went with a different hotel and the experience has been night and day. I'm sure they have better experiences than not, but be warned that simple things like holding a space for you may be an issue.

Reviewed on 6/18/2016 Rebecca F

Originally, we wanted our entire ceremony, reception & honeymoon here, however decided to help family out and have a low key garden wedding at home and stay at The Westgate for the honeymoon only... I can only say I'm so thankful I didn't trust them with everything! Our room... Read More walls were filthy, the first night my husband stepped on a two inch piece of plastic, there were dried drops of urine on the bathroom floor and the shower dripped (and during a drought, no less!). Not to mention the open access door to the plumbing, which constantly made noise. There was not even a latch on said door. We were denied two buckets of ice upon request, and every time I called they answered "good evening, Mr..." Because never would a woman pick up the phone? Upon checkout, my parents had already made arrangements to pay, however they could not find that info and he had to call again. The greatest features were a partial view of the bay and we were treated to chocolate dipped strawberries and lemonade upon arrival. Not at all what I expected from such a gorgeous, European hotel at this price point.

2016-06-20T13:40:17 Response from the vendor

Dear valued guest, I am very sorry to hear your stay was less than exceptional. We pride ourselves on the level of service that our guests have come to expect while at the Westgate Hotel and can assure you that we take your comments very... Read Less Read More

Bridal Suite

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Amber D

My husband and I spent our wedding night here and it was our first time ever at this hotel even though we are both San Diego natives. Once you walk in it is breathtaking. You feel like you step back to the 1920s/30s with its classic elegance and beauty with a live pianist... Read More playing when we walked in. The hotel rooms have modern "skeleton keys" instead of cards which was a fun touch. The rooms are definitely old and have been preserved over the years, but its an elegant experience.

Best Brunch Wedding Venue in San Diego!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Sumari B

Jennifer and her team are absolutely wonderful. My wedding day was perfect and nothing went wrong. The food was superb and service was better than I could imagine. Also want to give a shoutout to David at the front desk and Chris at the Valet station who both went above and... Read More beyond to make our day memorable. Thank you!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Csilla F

We loved our wedding at the Westgate Hotel. We opted for a brunch wedding (very affordable for what we received) where the ceremony and reception were in the same room and our guests could help themselves to the Sunday buffet. The food was amazing!!! Our guests many times said... Read More they have not enjoyed better food at any previous weddings. Also, the venue is gorgeous and the staff members (our contact was Jennifer Emerzian) were incredibly responsive both before, during, and after the wedding. There are lovely indoor and outdoor locations for taking pictures at the Westgate and our videographer also loved shooting our wedding here--every part of the hotel is lovely.

Best customer service!!!

Reviewed on 12/29/2013 Cathryn Z

Our guests raved about how gorgeous the Westgate was. I'm sure they probably think we spent three times as much as we actually did. Anna was a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process. Could not recommend this place more. It is made for weddings.

Could not have asked for a more perfect day!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2012 Mandy M

Our wedding at the Westgate was something out of a fairytale. Everything turned out beautifully and we could not have asked for a more perfect day, or a more wonderful venue! Our guests are still raving about the food and how beautiful everything was. I can't thank Anna enough... Read More for all of her help over the past year of planning. She was always super flexible and really let us customize everything to make it personal to us. I really appreciated that she was always up front about pricing and that there were no last minute hidden fees, it made everything so much easier when planning our budget! But most of all she was SO much fun to work with! She really made the whole process so much fun and we will miss working with her. If we could do it all over, we would not have changed a thing. Thank you so much again!!! -James and Mandy Rahm

Review for The Westgate Hotel

Reviewed on 9/03/2008 KATRINA H

I didn't have to decorate at all because the hotel is so exquisite!;The bartending staff wasn't briefed on what we wanted so we were charged more than we should have been instead of the bartender charging the guests for drinks.

Review for The Westgate Hotel

Reviewed on 8/26/2007 Stephanie P

Everything was absolutely AMAZING. The service, the views, the food, I mean everything!;It is a little more expensive, but definatly worth every penny.

Meet The Manager

Kristen Dawson

The Westgate provides an inviting, opulent setting for a wedding of any size, from our stunning Grand Versailles Ballroom to a spectacular rooftop terrace offering guests breathtaking views of the city. I am excited to assist you with all the details, from floral arrangements to the room set-up to the menu, making your wedding in San Diego a distinctive memory you will always cherish. I have a keen attention to detail and it is my mission to make sure every aspect of your wedding is fabulous and flawless. I look forward to working with you!