The White Room

St Augustine, FL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with The White Room

A BALLROOM IN ST AUGUSTINE, FL

The White Room is a waterfront wedding event venue located in historic downtown St. Augustine, Florida. The venue is loaded with North Florida and Southern Coastal connections dating back to its construction in 1888 when it first opened as the Surprise Store. Recent renovations have revealed original brick walls and other architectural features that have been lovingly restored to give you a truly charming Southern wedding event space.

Couples who want a green wedding will appreciate this venue's recycling policy and its use of LED lighting, high-efficiency appliances and other sustainable business practices. The White Room is unique in that each indoor space has an attached outdoor area for open-air socializing and celebrations. The venue can accommodate 50 to 400 guests in one or more of the three event spaces depending on the seating arrangements.

The Grand Ballroom. This expansive space features exposed brick, hardwood floors, cream-colored walls and columns, modern ceiling with specialty lighting and plenty of windows. The room offers flexibility with space for a dance floor, buffet stations and bar. Up to 250 guests can be seated in the Grand Ballroom.

The Loft Dining Room and Rooftop. The Loft is the third-floor space with exposed brick walls, white-trimmed windows and white ceiling. Columns and elegant contemporary chandeliers give this room a timeless, yet modern look. Just outside is the Rooftop overlooking the Bridge of Lions and the bay, with room for a ceremony of up to 100 guests. A filigreed iron railing, greenery wedding arch and nearby swaying palm trees add to the mystique and romance of this outdoor ceremony space.

The Villa Blanca. This vaulted, pure milky space has the feel of a chapel high in the clouds. Exposed rafters, ample windows and chandeliers add depth and more light to this bright ceremony and banquet space. Hardwood floors are set off against the light and offer room for 150 ceremony or reception guests.

The White Room prepares all food on-site and specializes in upscale banquet food including coastal dishes and tenderloin. The chef works with you to create your custom menu. No outside food or beverage is permitted in The White Room.

The White Room furnishes all guest tables and chairs and any other tables you need including cake, guest book, head, sweetheart, place card and gift tables. Setup and dismantling are included, as are all place settings, beverage ware and patio furniture for the outdoor areas.

Table linens and napkins in house white are also furnished as are elegant Chiavari chairs, which require no decoration to look festive and special.

Custom dance floors are included in the rental fee for each of the three venues. Specific spaces have their own amenities, including the Grand Ballroom's mahogany bar and the white marble bar on the Rooftop.

The White Room has a late night munchie service with your choice of delectable snacks to refresh the enduring and energetic dancers at your wedding. You may select from a wide assortment of snacks including the following treats:

• Chocolate-covered strawberries
  • Warm mini cookies and a shot of milk
  • Mini grilled cheese sandwiches
  • Barbecue pork biscuits
  • Mini éclairs and cannoli

Bayfront Downtown St. Augustine

Located on the scenic Waterfront of Historic Downtown St. Augustine with breathtaking water views, hardwood floors, grand white drapes, and classic Chiavari chairs, that will create a backdrop for an unforgettable evening with all those dearest to you. We can accommodate 50 to over 400 guests (250 guests seated) with three venues to choose from for your event. Your guests will enjoy our delicious and innovative cuisine prepared onsite by our Executive Chefs. Please view our menus and additional information online at whiteroomweddings.com. As an added feature for your wedding, we host ceremonies indoors or outdoors. We also have trolley services available (parking details provided by our Catering Sales Manager). We would love to meet you!

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Loft, Rooftop

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2010

1 King St, St Augustine, FL (904) 824-9056

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Marisa M

Our wedding at the white room could not be more perfect! Shannon is the absolute best coordinator! We enjoyed working with her so much, she's easy going, quick to respond, to the point, accommodating, and super friendly. She made our wedding day so perfect. We consider... Read More ourselves big "foodies" and we decided to go with their buffet option and couldn't be happier. Our guests couldn't say enough about how amazing the food was. Some highlights on our buffet were the beef tenderloin, crab cakes, butternut squash ravioli, and shrimp & grits, they were all delicious! We had so many guests tell us how pleasant and nice the staff was. We booked the Villa Blanca and the Grand Ballroom for 115 people and the space was perfect for the amount of guests we had. And the Villa Blanca is just drop dead gorgeous, the photos in that room look amazing! I could go on forever with how pleased we were with everything but seriously stop reading all these reviews and just book the White Room! They will not disappoint you!!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Shelby G

Absolutely amazing. Kelsi was our coordinator and she went above and beyond to make our day absolutely perfect! We had a hurricane hit 5 days before our event and Kelsi communicated with us fully about everything! They even bought an industrial generator to make sure we could... Read More still have our wedding! Kelsi blew us away with how well she handled not only the hurricane, but how beautiful she captured our vision for our wedding. The venue was GORGEOUS and the food was amazing. Things flowed perfectly throughout the whole night. Loved every detail about our wedding night.

Reviewed on 9/04/2017 Taylor B

I am so happy we decided to have our ceremony and reception on the rooftop at the white room! I was very nervous about getting married outside in Florida in August but the rooftop had such a nice breeze off of the water and the inside area was a perfect escape for anyone who... Read More needed to cool off. The venue itself is absolutely stunning - I barely brought any extra decorations, but the best part about the white room was Meghan and Alan! Leading up to the day Meghan was so patient with me and my mom sending her about a million questions over email. She made sure that we planned for things I didn't even know to plan for. The day of ran so smoothly all because of Alan, he was unbelievable. Always made sure the timeline was being followed and even was flexible to switch the timeline up when my sister was too nervous to eat and asked to make her toast before dinner instead of after! He always made sure we had food and drinks and whatever we needed. Thank you to everyone at the white room that made our day so amazing!

2017-10-13T09:41:58 Response from the vendor

TAYLOR! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Alan and I LOVED working with you and your family. Your wedding was beautiful and you're right, that breeze was amazing. Please be sure to come by and say hello the next... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Connie A

Having our wedding in the White Room was an amazing decision. The venue is just stunning and they are so incredibly accommodating. Shannon was so great to work with and answered all my crazy bride questions leading up to the event. We went with the Southern buffet for our dinner... Read More and it was amazing! It was so nice to have options outside of the typical wedding menu. My husband and I are so happy we had our wedding here! And all our guests just loved it as well!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Andréa K

The White Room was the first venue Chris and I met with. Immediately we knew this is where we wanted to get married, however we were intimidated by the costs. We toured additional venues and found ourselves comparing them to The White Room and realizing The White Room costs were... Read More comparable to other venues we viewed. We booked our wedding at The White Room a year and a half in advance to ensure we not only got the date and time we wanted, but it allowed us to save and plan accordingly for our dream wedding. From day one the staff at The White Room delivered superb customer service. We had two coordinators, Meghan and Alan. Meghan responded quickly to email's, she provided guidance for vendors, food selections to keep us with in our budget and together Meghan and Alan went the extra mile on the day of our wedding to see that it was executed flawlessly. It was a perfect day, one Chris and I will forever cherish and we thank The White Room and Staff for their commitment to Chris and I for making this happen.

2017-08-29T13:36:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Alan and I very much enjoyed working with you and Chris and we wish you both all the very best! You have a beautiful family and we can't wait to see all the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jacquelyn S

I am currently about a year out from my wedding date, and I can NOT say enough great things about the people that run this venue and the venue it self. I live in South Florida, so planning my wedding from 5 hours away can be challenging but my event planner, Meghan, and her... Read More staff are making it less stressful. They are so quick to respond to emails, and answer all my 1000 questions. The venue itself is gorgeous with so much charm. I personally am getting married on the roof top with the reception following in the loft. But I did take a tour of all their rooms and you can not go wrong with any of them. I would give this place 10 stars if I could.

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Jessica M

I cannot say enough how grateful I am to have been able to marry the love of my life at The White Room! The entire experience is one that we will never forget. Kelsi was our coordinator and she was PHENOMENAL!!! She worked so hard to make sure that everything was perfect and... Read More that me and my husband were taken care of. If there was any kind of glitch in the process, I was never made aware of it and Kelsi did such a great job making sure I had everything I needed! I cannot rave enough about Kelsi and how wonderful she was throughout the entire process. Kelsi, THANK YOU!!! :) The food was absolutely wonderful and the staff were so accommodating! I could write an entire essay on the venue itself, but I will just say that it was the most beautiful place that I ever could've imagined! We originally had the rooftop for the ceremony and the loft for our reception, but due to rain we had to move the ceremony into the Villa Blanca. Let me just say that the ceremony was GORGEOUS and I am SO glad we were able to use that for our ceremony, especially with the humidity that day. We still got to use the rooftop for the reception/dancing and it was wonderful! The market lights and the Bridge of Lions lit up in the background really makes for a romantic spot. I could go on and on, but overall The White Room is the PERFECT place to have your dream wedding! Me and my husband couldn't be any happier!!!

2017-06-27T17:38:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share such a kind and thoughtful review, Jessica! I'm so thrilled to hear that you and Kurt were happy with your experience here at The White Room, and that you felt that your wedding day was... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Samantha F

Jeff and I were married here June 2nd, 2017 and it was the best decision I have ever made. Everything went off without a hitch (well, one hitch! ;) and was done by the most reassuring professional team I could imagine working with. The food, service and drinks were fabulous.... Read More Also major shout out to the best wedding planner a girl could dream of, Kelsi Klinge. We had our ceremony in the Villa Blanca, and then the reception in the Ballroom. The views were spectacular off the balcony and the classic architecture of this one in a million city made for the picturesque backdrop of our summer wedding. Thank you White Room Team!

2017-07-06T10:12:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing such sweet words about your experience at The White Room, Samantha! It was such a pleasure working with you and your Mom throughout the planning process, and to see everything that you had envisioned for your dream wedding come together! Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Cresonia H

Picking a venue is one of the most, if not THE most, important decision you'll make in the wedding planning process. So trust me when I say that picking The White Room was one of best decisions I made. For starters, the White Room is centrally located in the beautiful and... Read More historic St. Augustine. This means that all 120 of my guests got to enjoy not just my five-hour wedding, but the entire wedding weekend visiting the nearby (and walkable) attractions (i.e. Lighthouse, beach, fort, etc.) Secondly, when you pick The White Room, you also pick working with a highly experienced wedding staff. My wedding planner was Shannon (love her!), but in all honesty, I felt like the ENTIRE White Room staff supported me to make sure my wedding ran smoothly. I work as a journalist, so I ask a TON of questions, and yet The White Room staff politely answered EVERY email and phone call with professionalism, sincerity and kindness. Shannon even made expert recommendations which really made the wedding ceremony and reception run smoothly. Anyway, I could write a book filled of praises about The White Room, but I want to leave you with this: -The venue is beautiful. See it for yourself if you don't believe me. -The food is good. You get to try it at the taste testing, but it's even better the day of your wedding. -The staff is wonderful. Send them an email and you'll see what I mean. -The White Room may SEEM pricey, but they were more affordable and offered more than all the other venues I looked at. Plus, the wonderful memories you and all your guests will have afterward are worth the investment. I love The White Room, and if you get married there, you will too.

Reviewed on 5/20/2017 Kimberly R

My husband and I decided to have a destination wedding and thought Florida would be a good option. We searched all over Florida and I found The White Room venue online. When I saw the pictures, I instantly liked it. It seemed picture perfect. I decided to fly down mid-week... Read More to visit as the venue will not accept a deposit without an in-person visit. I had never heard of St. Augustine before, but when my best friend and I arrived in the town we instantly fell in love. I felt the same way about the venue, it was everything we could have asked for and more. We had our ceremony on the rooftop and our reception in the ballroom. Shannon was our day of coordinator and made sure everything went perfect. She showed up to help at several moments before I even had the chance to realize I needed her help. We had the best time at our wedding and couldn’t have asked for a better venue and staff for our special day. Thanks to Shannon and everyone at The White Room for making our day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Katy O

The White Room was the most perfect venue I could have ever dreamed of! Shannon took care of every detail and Ryan and I absolutely loved her! The food was fantastic, the drinks were perfect and it was GORGEOUS!

2017-04-19T11:46:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the great review Katy. Loved working with you and Ryan on your BIG day! You two are such an amazing couple, with a wonderful group of family and friends. Everything was absolutely beautiful, from the decor to your dress. I... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Eryn O

Kelsi at The White Room was a joy to work with - she is very detailed oriented and always positive. We used both the Villa Blanca and the Grand Ballroom for our big day! The food was phenomenal and our guests raved about their French Toast (brunch menu). They have tons of... Read More options to choose from so be specific about what you want and dont want - they will work with you!

2017-04-17T09:50:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words! It was such a pleasure working with you throughout the planning process to customize the brunch menu to fit your preferences, and I agree our French Toast is my favorite! Thank you for taking the time... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Danielle C

The White Room was AMAZING! Our guests had a fantastic time! We have received so many complements on how smooth the night went (thanks to Shannon Walters), how delicious the food was, and how professional the staff was. The room was beautiful! My decorations were placed EXACTLY... Read More as I asked. The ceremony in the same room transitioned beautifully to the cocktail hour followed by the dinner and reception hours. We are so thrilled we selected this beautiful venue! Thank you to everyone who made the night such a success. If we had to plan the whole thing again, we would absolutely choose the White Room again.

2017-02-08T14:17:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review. It was great being part of your big day. Loved that you had different cities as your table names representing the places the two of you have been together, it was a great touch to the roses. Congratulations Nate... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Nicole W

What an awesome venue. Kelsi was great! Food was awesome! Everything flowed as it was supposed to on our wedding day January 14, 2017. We had our ceremony on the rooftop, dinner in the Loft, then back out to the rooftop for dancing. I am at a loss for words. All Jason and... Read More I heard was how great everything was and how everyone enjoyed themselves. I would recommend The White Room for a wedding, or any other type of function. They help with meal selections, and have a full wedding planning package available. The only thing I regret is not taking advantage of that aspect from the very beginning. Although we did upgrade to the Gold package 2 months before our wedding date, which was a life saver.

2017-02-02T17:48:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind review, Nickie! I am so happy to hear that you and Jason, as well as your family and friends, had a wonderful time! We couldn't have asked for better weather on the Rooftop for your January wedding! It... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/15/2017 Sandy H

Wedding was beautiful in spite of it being one of the coldest days! Shannon and the staff at The White Room were just amazing and a pleasure to work with. She took care of everything and kept it all on schedule and you can tell she really enjoys her job. She is so personable,... Read More one of those people you feel like you have known forever, and goes above and beyond to make it perfect for the Bride and Groom. When we returned the next morning to get our decorations, she had it all boxed and on rolling carts, took less than 5 minutes to get it loaded. Excellent venue, excellent staff, excellent food!

2017-02-08T15:16:30 Response from the vendor

Everything was beautiful that night! Thank you so much for sharing your special day with us. I truly appreciate all of your compliments. Congratulations to all of you!! Love, Shannon

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Michelle B

The best place ever our wedding was magical. Food delicious the organization and set up of everything flawless. Don't ever lose Shannon she's the best! She will keep you sane on the day of her attention and solution oriented work ethics is amazing. Thank you so much for a... Read More wonderful experience

2017-02-08T15:18:54 Response from the vendor

Awe, thank you for the kind words. Makes me so happy to hear you had a wonderful experience. Congratulations! Love, Shannon

Reviewed on 11/03/2016 Nancy R

Our family can't stop raving about The White Room and our Wedding Coordinator, Meghan Berman. Location, Architecture, Ambiance and the wonderful staff will blow you away. We can't thank Meghan enough for everything she did at the wedding and making our day AMAZING and STRESS... Read More FREE. Meghan's insight, recommendations of vendors, her friendliness and attention to detail was incredible. The menu choices as well as variety and accommodating all dietary specifications and the special touches with drinks, appetizers and desserts are well worth the money and especially delicious. We are still getting messages about how much our family and friends enjoyed the wedding and how beautiful everything was. St Augustine, The White Room and Meghan will hold a special place in our hearts always!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Cameron H

We are so incredibly glad we booked the White Room and that Kelsi was our event coordinator. Every detail was perfect and everything about our day was beautiful. We had our ceremony in the Villa Blanca and reception in the Grand Ballroom. Our guests are still raving about how... Read More wonderful and beautiful everything was. Kelsi was fantastic to work with; she answered all of our questions with patience and kindness and the day of our wedding she was calm, collected and extremely helpful no matter what chaos was happening. We highly recommend the White Room. It was so nice to not worry about catering, rentals of table or linens from another company and the rooms are so lovely that not a lot of other decor was necessary. Our only struggle with the White Room was parking... what we did worked pretty well, though. We booked the trolley service through the White Room and told our guests to park in the Visitor Center Parking garage (which is free after 5pm). Then, our guests were picked up just outside of the garage and taken to the White Room. The trolley also picked them up after our exit

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Roxanne M

I would recommend this venue to anyone! Our wedding coordinator Kelsi was so helpful. And made our wedding day absolutely stress free! Which is hard to achieve with me. Haha. Not to mention the Villa Blanca is GORGEOUS!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 JP B

We had Shannon as our coordinator and it could not have gone more perfect. The entire day went as smooth as possible so we could just focus on our big day with no worry.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Timothy R

We had our wedding and reception at the Villa Blanca. The Venue and location is absolutely gorgeous. Shannon was outstanding at making everything run smoothly and according to plan. Everything was perfect from the Venue to the reception and everything in-between. I highly... Read More recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Chrissy S

My husband and I accidentally stumbled upon the white room, while we were seeking refuge from the rain during a trip to st. Augustine when we first started dating. We knew from that day, this was our dream location. A couple of years later, he proposed in st. Augustine and the... Read More white room fit us in the next day. We were blown away and booked our wedding within the week. We were married in July and it has taken me this long to compose a review because how can you possibly express in words how amazing the white room is...? They are a fundamental reason our wedding was a fairytale. Shannon was amazing and was always there for us, even when what I needed wasn't in her job description. When our officiant bailed on us last minute, Shannon secured us a new one within the day, When I started to dip into stressed bridezilla territory, Shannon was a constant stabilizing force, always making me feel confident that the white room had my best interests at mind. They throw so many weddings each year, but still deliver such personalized service. Oh and the food was delicious! Our guests still rave about our wedding on the regular! Thank you, white room, for the wedding of my dreams!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Camille B

The White Room was a beautiful venue! I had my wedding at the Loft and Rooftop and it rained for the few minutes right before my ceremony and they responded quickly to moving my ceremony from the rooftop to the Villa Blanca. Kelsi was my event coordinator and she kept a calm... Read More demeanor throughout the whole event and ensured that everything flowed smoothly. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Anelise C

"The White Room knows how to host a wedding. Kelsi was our wedding planner and she did an excellent job. From last minute details to creating a timeline to keeping everyone and everything organized, she helped make the day amazing! Everyone raved about the food and how pretty... Read More the location was (Villa Blanca) and we couldn't have asked for a better venue!"

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Kelly T

My husband and I got married at The White Room in April and it was amazing! We got married on the rooftop space at sunset and it was gorgeous! Our event planner was Shannon and she did such a wonderful job working with us. I live out of town and they were always available to... Read More answer any questions or concerns I had. The food was delicious, best wedding food I've ever had. It really was better than anything I had imagined. Our friends and family have repeatedly said it was the best wedding they have ever been to!