The Windmill Winery

Florence, AZ

Book Your Wedding with The Windmill Winery

A BARN IN FLORENCE, AZ

Located in lovely Florence, Arizona, the Windmill Winery began its history in 1906 as the first family-owned brickyard in Arizona. Many of the original bricks made on the property are now a part of historic buildings in Phoenix and in Florence, along with gracing the winding pathways and beautiful arches of the wedding venue itself. With several indoor and outdoor wedding sites to choose from, the Windmill Winery embraces its history and the natural beauty of the land.

The Big Barn began its life as an actual barn built in 1910. The barn itself was located in Green Bay, Wisconsin and was painstakingly moved board by board to its current location. With graceful arched ceilings towering over an elegant dance floor, the Big Barn seats up to 300 guests. Exposed beams carry strings of twinkle lights across the ceiling and elegant chandeliers cast a warm glow over the festivities. A corner bar and state-of-the-art sound system give the Big Barn a party atmosphere. The cheery red exterior of the barn is a ideal location for those "first look" photos and the giant barn doors open to a brick and stone barn patio that shares a covered location for stargazing or an outdoor cocktail hour.

The Lake House. The Lake House

, with its rustic and weather clapboard siding, is completely different than the Big Barn. Resting gracefully along the banks of one of two ponds on the Windmill Winery's grounds, the Lake House's large windows share a breathtaking view of the water and the sunset. Seating for 200 guests makes the Lake House ideal for larger wedding parties and the lights on the water are completely romantic. Gorgeous stone flooring, exposed beams, piping and elegant chandeliers give the Lake House a cozy feel, while the high ceilings allow for plenty of air and light. An attached deck reaches out over the water for starlight dances or a cocktail celebration on the pond.

The Arches. Designed to resemble an ancient aqueduct, the Arches is a truly unique location for wedding ceremonies and photographs. Built from brick left by the original foundry, the Arches spans an elegant raised ceremony platform and offer a view of the Big Barn and grounds. Up to 150 chairs can be placed on either side of the concrete pathway leading to the Arches and there is plenty of space for even a large bridal party.

The Windmill Winery is a truly unique and exciting wedding venue with a fun story behind every location or building on the property. Wedding packages are all-inclusive and each celebration is headed by a trained event manager. Wedding packages include use of both ceremony and reception spaces, along with a choice of four catering menus from four different chefs. Banquet-style services, supplied linens, tables and chairs and ceremony seating are included with each wedding package. Fun outdoor games, including bocce ball, croquet and corn hole are available to entertain the guests during photos or the cocktail hour and a professional DJ's services are included in the packages.

The gorgeous grounds and variety of event spaces are definitely perks when it comes to a wedding at the Windmill Winery.

• Access to bride and groom bungalows or cottages is included with each wedding package
  • All-in-one pricing leaves out any surprise additional fees for wedding packages
  • Fun props like antique tractors or lighted "love" signs are available for use in photos

The Windmill Winery

The Windmill Winery's blend of rural authenticity and subtle elegance makes it one of the most unique wedding venues in AZ. Our vast property boasts 2 lakes, lush greenery, a soaring 100-year-old barn, & brand new Hampton's-styled Lake House with a dock overlooking the Superstition Mountains.

Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

1140 W. Butte Ave., Florence, AZ (480) 313-2303

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Rosa L

Our wedding on 4/12/14 was amazing! Our guest were in aw! At first everyone was curious why we decided to have our wedding in the middle of nowhere Florence,az. But come wedding day, "this is a gem" Our wedding coordinator was amazing and kept us on schedule, she was on top of... Read More everything! We were served by hand and foot! I would highly recommend this venue to future brides looking for a rustic wedding. We had our wedding ceremony outdoors by the brick arches (beautiful) and our reception was held inside the barn! i know your thinking barn!? trust me its not your ordinary barn!

Perfect Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 3/06/2014 Jessica

Love, love, loved The Windmill Winery! The setting was perfect for our outdoor rustic wedding. They provide a day of coordinator, who was a huge help. I did not have to worry about a thing. Although, I wish I would have had my rehearsal on-site. They do not allow rehearsals on... Read More Fridays, which was the only day that would have worked for me. Our wedding party was mostly people from out of town. I was disappointed for all the little things they charged for. I wanted to have my ceremony chairs angled but they wanted to charge .50 cents per chair. I did not understand that. However, they were very accommodating. The most vendors included in the package were great. I was disappointed that the caterer forgot to leave us desert plates and forks. Thank goodness for the on-site coordinator she found us plates and forks to enjoy our cake. I would recommend this venue.

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Kelly B

I just want to give a huge thanks to Karen our coordinator!!! She was amazing!! Without her I think this wedding process would of been a very stressful time instead it was one of the easiest processes I have went through :) The Winery is just beautiful!! The first time I saw... Read More pictures I knew it was where I wanted to get married. I do not regret my decision one bit!! The process of attending the open house to be able to try the food and cake, meet the DJs all at once definitely makes the process of getting married very easy :) even found our florist at the open house Sarah's Garden who was wonderful to work with and our flowers were absolutely beautiful! Our DJ Joel Gibbs was also great!!! He really kept everyone entertained even had guests ask for his information after the wedding for future weddings :) the catering company Gold Star Catering and Lesley's creative cakes were also amazing to work with everyone loved the food and cake! All of our guests told us it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended!!! Thank you again to everyone at the Windmill Winery and Karen for making our wedding night perfect! It was a night we will never forget :)

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Taylor T

The venue is absolutely beautiful but the planning process is a nightmare. The winery seems to be inexperienced and they are NOT willing to accommodate any requests you may have. We were rushed into booking the venue and it seemed as if the girl dealing with our account was... Read More working on commission because she was very abrasive and threatened to give our date away. We booked well over a year in advance and were not assigned a coordinator until 6 months before which turned out to be a waste of time since I did EVERYTHING myself anyway. I originally booked the winery because they had an inclusive package with suggested vendors that knew the property. That ended up not working since none of their vendors were available so I had to find all my own vendors. The winery refunded us a ridiculously small amount of money for the vendors we had to find on our own which didn't even cover 1/4 of the new vendor costs. The booking coordinator also promised my father that they would have their hard alcohol license by the time our wedding rolled around and that didn't seem to happen. During the rehearsal, we were rushed and had no time for pictures and laughs with family and friends. The coordinator was aggressive and physically forceful with us and pulled and pushed the wedding party members in the directions she wanted them to walk or stand. On the day of the wedding, you are only allowed to arrive 1.5 hrs early to take photos and set up which was stressful because I was only told a few days prior that the coordinators do not help with set up; you must assign a wedding party member or a family member to do those things. At the end of the night we were rushed out before our payed for time was over and the wedding party was barked at to clean up and grab anything that was not part of the winery's property. On a positive note, I was able to talk to Katie, the owner, a few days prior to the wedding and she was extremely sweet and eager to help fix my negative experience.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Kelsey M

My husband and I got married in the Big Barn on 12/10/17! The Windmill Winery made it so easy for us to have the most amazing wedding. All of our guests were blown away by this piece of paradise in the desert. The beautiful views are self-explanatory, as well as the kind staff... Read More and event coordinators. Shauna, our event coordinator in particular, was an amazing help, and made our night perfect. All of the vendors we chose from were excellent, and work so seamlessly together. Elina's Catering in particular was out of this world. Chef Peter did not miss a beat and was on top of everything, even if it was a drunk friend nearly spilling wine on the bride! Would absolutely recommend this venue to ANYONE, as it was the best decision we could have possibly made.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Alexandra S

We recently were married at The Lake House venue at Windmill Winery on 11/2/2017. It was perfect. The scenery is so beautiful and the atmosphere created by all the vendors was like a fairytale. All of the guests could not stop talking about how amazing it was. We highly... Read More recommend this venue and it's staff. Such a wonderful experience, we are glad we chose them!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Molly G

My now husband and I both come from large extended families, and we were concerned about there being enough room for everyone who would attend; this spot was PERFECT! There was enough room for all of our dining tables, the DJ, the wedding cake, and even a dance floor! It truly... Read More was exactly what we had wanted for our big day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Stefanie M

The Venue: 10/10 everything about our day was perfect! I was a little worried about there possibly being another wedding going on the same day and how that would affect ours. Because they have two wedding sites the barn and the lake house. We were married at the lake house and... Read More I never saw any other guests except our own and didn't hear anything coming from the barn venue. The lake house is absolutely perfect, everything we dreamed of. I love that so much is included in the cost. Like the hanging lights on the deck, the love marquee sign, wine barrels, the arch…just to name a few. My coordinator was Daleen who was very helpful. The only complaint, on the wedding day she came up to us and told us she was leaving right after the ceremony. Luckily the owner was there and she stepped in to take her place and I honestly didn’t know the difference, she did a wonderful job ! Food: 9/10 We used Kiss The Chef. Seriously the best food we have ever eaten. I want to contact them to make some food for our one year anniversary. We had chicken with this white creamy cheese sauce. They were also very accommodating in making some sides for my vegetarian guests that served as their main course. Only complaint, as soon as everyone was done being served dinner they packed up and were gone. I kinda rushed through my dinner because we were called to do other things and I turned around later in the evening to get a second helping and they were gone. It would have been nice if they could have left some food for anyone else wanting seconds later in the evening. I also wish I could have gotten some cake. We had our cake cutting but we weren’t served any cake after. Luckily we had the top tier put aside for us to take home. Cake: 8/10 We used Lesley’s cakes. She was the only vendor option for cakes. There was another vendor there that offered a dessert table with lots of yummy desserts but not a wedding cake. I had dreamed of having a beautiful wedding cake on my wedding day and didn’t want to give that up. So the Cake itself, very good! My favorite was the Almond Cake with Cannoli filling. Also she was able to copy a design I saw on Pinterest exactly like the picture! I was disappointed to find out that we wouldn’t have the traditional cake tasting like you see in movies and tv. I hoped that my fiancé and I could go into the shop with Lesley 1:1 and sample all the cake flavors. This is not how she does it. She does an open house monthly at her shop in Gilbert and also at the Windmill Winery. You have to go to this open house and sample what they have that day. Usually they have 3 or 4 cake flavors to try. But you are at this open house with several other people. DJ: 10/10 We used Ellagant Entertainment and had Joel as our DJ. I think this was the highlight of our wedding! He made sure everyone was having a good time. He surprised us with a couple games. He stuck to music we requested. He even got out and danced with our guest. Several people asked us for his info after the wedding so they could use his services at their own events. I loved the concept they have going on at the Windmill Winery. Love that everything is included in your cost. Everything is tied together with the coordinator. I love the monthly open houses and being able to talk to my vendors in person. Getting married at the Windmill was the best decision we made!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lindsey A

I had my wedding this past weekend at the Windmill Winery. I was so beyond happy with how it turned out! Everything went as planned, and we had so much support along the way. Our coordinator, Shauna, was absolutely amazing. They helped us with set up and turning on our electric... Read More candles, helping us stay on schedule, and making us feel so special on our special day! I seriously cannot thank the Windmill enough!! We had a blast, and I would recommend them over and over again!!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kyle H

We had out wedding at the Windmill Lakehouse and it went super well. We picked their package and selected some vendors from their list for DJ and caterer. We brought our own photography, officiant, and photo booth. All their vendors worked out well for us. The venue is simply... Read More beautiful - tons of compliments. You honestly don't expect such a nice place to be out in Florence! Staff was all friendly as well!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Nicole H

Absolutely LOVED our venue! It is beautiful and made for the perfect destination wedding.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Donna H

My daughter had her wedding at the Windmill Winery and it was perfect! Shauna was the coordinator and put my daughter at ease, making sure all her requests were met. Kiss the Chef, Leslie and Joel were wonderful vendors and many guests said it was the best wedding they had... Read More ever been to.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Liz N

I was lucky enough to stumble across the Windmill Winery when looking at wedding photographers. I had no idea this place existed and fell in love with it the first time I toured it. It was everything my husband and I were looking for! The grounds our so naturally beautiful and... Read More the light in the barn was stunning and made all of our photos so much prettier. We worked with Karen who could not have been a better coordinator. She was so nice and so on top of things. We'd email her before heading to bed and have a response by the time we woke up. For anyone looking for a unique wedding venue in Arizona, this is the place!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Brittany B

I got married at The Windmill Winery on 2/18/17. From the moment I saw the barn I knew it was exactly where I wanted my wedding. The property is gorgeous. We worked with Shauna and she made the whole experience so easy! From picking out all of our vendors to answering EVERY... Read More question along the way, Shauna was amazing! If I could I would get married every weekend at the winery! ❤

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Janelle W

My husband and I chose this venue because we wanted something a little less reminiscent of the desert for our wedding. Amusingly, when we went to Florence to check the place out, we drove through extremely barren desert. Fast-forward to the day of our wedding (12/15/2016), where... Read More we're on a shuttle headed to the Windmill Winery and I can hear some of the skepticism Joe and I had when we first drove out. ("So... uh, what made you pick this place?") But once we arrived, everyone immediately understood why. All throughout the night we received compliments. There were many places to explore (my guests enjoyed the wine tasting room and the farm animals... particularly a charismatic turkey). Daleen worked seamlessly with the vendors to make this day great. She was very put-together and I can't thank her enough for what she did: She allowed me to truly enjoy the day. I had internalized so much stress, planning this day, but miraculously, I didn't have a single worry the day of. It was a great place for my family and friends to celebrate with us, and we had so much FUN. I highly recommend this venue to a couple who wants something a little different in Arizona... and especially for those who value a team that will run the show for you. Their selected vendors were great (we had Kiss the Chef cater dinner, Joel from Ellagant Entertainment as the DJ, and Lesley's Creative Cakes). Again, I appreciate Daleen going through everything so thoroughly. I especially appreciated when she provided some insight and precautions about an open-bar, so there wouldn't be any unexpected surprises! Windmill Winery's expertise definitely showed with our wedding. Thank you!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

DISAPPOINTING!!! I have very mixed feelings for the Windmill Winery. The first few words that comes to mind is Disappointing, Discouraging and just plan sad. My husband I stumbled along the Windmill Winery at the Phoenix Bridal show, and instantly fell in love with the... Read More property and pictures and knew we had to go see it! We of course went to multiple open houses that they have often, which is a great touch. Both of us being in the hospitality industry were picky, to say the least. While at the Bridal Show and the Open House we saw one person that made us feel like this was a great place... The owner was working both, hustling and actually seemed to care about the business. We knew we found the place. The grounds are beautiful, they do a great job at maintaining and creating a unified ambiance that every bride wants right now, rustic elegance. It all turned after booking and signing the contract... the company seems to have the sales and contracting part down but when it comes to execution or questions they have no idea what they are doing. And, I'm surprised that they have lasted as long as they have. Please be aware that after signing your contract you are not assigned to your Event Manager until 6 months out from your wedding. No name or email to contact if you have questions until then... I went almost a year without have anyone to talk to ask simple questions; how big are your tables? What is your wine list? Do you offer water? (nope they charge you for water). And when I did have questions, I got sent from person to person until someone could answer my question and then was told; 'I'm not your Event Manager but here are your answers." --- Does that seem ok? Honestly what it came down to for us was just plain communication. Everything was jumbled; we got bounced from Event Manager to Event Manger, not having one, then the next one left, then we didn't have one, then we got the Owner, then we finally got assigned one. With each one not giving our notes to the next, and had to start over each time (including with the owner). I'm not saying we weren't picky or had special requests everyone does were not out of the ordinary but, when your Event Manager goes 3 weeks without getting back to you... you start to worry about the professionalism of the company. I work at a hotel as an Event Manager, when you leave for your days off or to handle a family matter for 3 weeks or even a day you put an out of office on.... Just plain professionalism. Things like this happened time and time again. I even got threatened emails from the accountant that they were going to drop our wedding due to an out of date credit card. But, little did she know she had a new credit card in her inbox 5 days prior... again communication and professionalism. I know tell people when they ask me how my wedding was and do I recommend the Windmill Winery as a location, my answer is, 'NO! Pretty place but the people are terrible to work with.' Still to this day I want my money back!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Emmy D

We got married at the Windmill Winery Lake House on Nov. 26th, 2016. Everything about wedding planning was so easy thank you to the Windmill. We went to the initial open house which was amazing, you have the opportunity to see what the venues looked like set up for a wedding,... Read More get to taste the foods & the desserts and also meet with all the different preferred vendors. Once I got home, I told my fiance about it and he immediately said no, he was turned off by the distance from Chandler, the fact that they had beer and wine only, and that the town was too little for an after party. Finally. I convinced him to go for a tour. The Windmill was awesome at accommodating a private tour of the venue. His whole entire family who was extremely skeptical immediately fell in love. A few days later, without looking at any other venues, we had booked our wedding. We went to our second open house and were able to plan our whole entire wedding in one day (catering, flowers, photographers, cake, etc). It was STRESS FREE! Six months out from the day of the wedding, our wedding coordinated Shauna contacted us. She is AMAZING. I could email her at any hour of the day and she would immediately respond with the answers to my questions. They truly made being a bride enjoyable because I did not have the stress of the planning that most brides do. The day of our wedding was absolutely magical. I never felt one ounce of stress because I knew everything would be taken care of and it was. Our day of coordinator, Katie was AMAZING. She made sure that every little detail was there. Not only did my guests rave about how seamless our wedding was, but they raved about the venue, the food, the dessert and most of all the fun that we had. Not one person complained about the drive from Phoenix. My advice to any bride would be to get married at the Windmill, you will not find anywhere better, it is absolutely gorgeous. They are amazing at organizing, planning and executing your dream day!!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Chelsey C

Touring this venue was so easy and personal! The staff was great and were so helpful in picking a perfect wedding venue. The location is beautiful as is the whole winery!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Elizabeth K

I literally cannot be happier with my experience. It was everything I could of wanted and more. First of all the owner of this venue is the cutest! When giving us this tour, initially, he was so proud of his property and answered all of our questions without hesitation.... Read More Additionally, our event manager, Daleen was my best friend for the 3 months leading up to the wedding. She helped keep my head on my body and answered all my questions promptly, and worked with me continuously until I was happy! The day of the wedding she was so helpful in making sure all decorations were put together! She helped my parents and family with keeping their sanity! She watched the clock like a hawk and had us all in the right place at the right time! During the ceremony she was very pleasant and mingled with our guests as if she were part of our family! I could not be happier or give any better reviews. I would highly recommend this venue to all of my family and friends! Thank you windmill winery for these special memories!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Brittany P

My husband and I were married at the Lake House yesterday afternoon and we were absolutely floored by how amazing everything turned out. Our coordinator Shauna was beyond helpful every step of the way and all of the Windmill staff members we interacted with were wonderful. All... Read More of our guests were from out of town and they were raving about the venue!

Reviewed on 5/14/2016 Lauren G

The moment we saw the Winery we were in LOVE and knew we wanted to get married here. Absolutely beautiful place, but beware. It seems like you are getting quite a lot for your money but you wont. There are many hidden charges and not everything you see in the walkthrough is... Read More included. There is often a "small fee" for decorations. Along with that, you will have to pay if you want appetizers or a nice cake even though catering an cake is included in the package. Also, there is a long list of things that are not allowed and everything needs to be out of the venue on time or there is another charge. The staff was very helpful and organized on the wedding day, but there were plenty of battles had before hand. If they say something is included make sure it is in writing before signing the contract!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016

We would like to thank the windmill winery and all of their staff, especially our event manager Shauna for making our dream wedding come true. Not only was every detail perfect but they also made the whole process stress free. It made it easy as they had open house events with... Read More all their vendors and samples of what they provided. We shopped around quite a while for other venues and could not find anything else close that was all inclusive to even compare. We would recommend anyone to spend their special day with the windmill winery. -Johnathan & Margie

Reviewed on 1/13/2016 Charissa S

My husband and I were married at the Lake House at the Windmill Winery on 12/30/15! It was perfect! When we saw the venue online, it immediately drew us in! The LakeHouse is a perfect combination of rustic and elegant. We did receive a lot of questions from everyone about... Read More why we decided to have our wedding in the middle of nowhere Florence, AZ and we were a bit concerned when we first drove to Florence for the Windmill Open House, but once we saw the property all of our worries were subsided. On the wedding day, everyone was commenting on what a beautiful property the Windmill is! Since our wedding was planned long distance (we are from Canada), I can't say enough wonderful things about our wedding coordinator Karen. She was amazing and helpful, kept us on schedule, and was always calm and informative! All of the venues that were either part of the Winery package or recommended by the Winery were perfect! Our vendors included Kiss the Chef catering, Lesley's Creative Cakes, Garden Gate Flowers, Pastor Mark Faul, Arizona's DJ, and more. They all were wonderful! The day is exactly how we dreamed it would be. I would highly recommend this venue to future brides looking for a beautiful, rust wedding venue!

Reviewed on 12/07/2015 Tim C

My Husband and I were married here November 21, 2015. When looking for a venue we wanted a barn/rustic theme. We went to take a tour to look at the barn and yes it was beautiful. But when they showed us the Lake House in back we instantly fell in love. We just knew this would... Read More be perfect. Come wedding day all of our guest kept complimenting us on how beautiful the venue was. We did have Kathy from Something old Something Older decorate the venue. It turned out beautifully. Our wedding coordinator Daleen was amazing and kept us on schedule, she was on top of everything! We are so grateful for her. Most of the vendors included in the package were great such as; Gold Star Catering and Ellagant Entertainment. We also had outside vendors who were preferred by the Windmill such as; Something Old Something Older and Vintage photo booth rentals who we loved both very much. Only issues we had were they do not allow rehearsals on Fridays, which would have been better since the majority of our wedding party was from out of town. We also were disappointed for all the little things they charged. We weren't too happy on how our cake(which we had to pay extra for) and cupcakes turned out by GiGi Cupcakes. Not what we had originally discussed. However, We would do it all over again. We were very happy with our location and wedding day.

Reviewed on 12/02/2015

My daughter and her Fiancé were married here in October 2015. They were planning on the barn until they saw the Lakehouse. I must say, it was absolutely the most perfect venue for their Fairytale wedding. The guests were more than impressed with this stunning Lakehouse and dock.... Read More Katie and Harold handled any concern we had, making sure we were happy. They are both so sweet and take such pride in their Windmill Winery. My only disappointment would be our coordinator, and mistake on a food item from caterer. Other than that, it was perfect. Hats off to Katie and Harold on their vision of turning a nursery into this stunning wedding venue.