The Windmill Winery

Florence, AZ

The Windmill Winery

The Windmill Winery's blend of rural authenticity and subtle elegance makes it one of the most unique wedding venues in AZ. Our vast property boasts 2 lakes, lush greenery, a soaring 100-year-old barn, & brand new Hampton's-styled Lake House with a dock overlooking the Superstition Mountains.

Barn, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Vineyard

Bar + Drinks

F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100
771ca283 cad1 47cb 9d5f 94e8c360e3be~rs 100

1140 W. Butte Ave., Florence, AZ (480) 313-2303

Amazing Wedding Venue!

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Rosa L

Our wedding on 4/12/14 was amazing! Our guest were in aw! At first everyone was curious why we decided to have our wedding in the middle of nowhere Florence,az. But come wedding day, "this is a gem" Our wedding coordinator was amazing and kept us on schedule, she was on top of... Read More everything! We were served by hand and foot! I would highly recommend this venue to future brides looking for a rustic wedding. We had our wedding ceremony outdoors by the brick arches (beautiful) and our reception was held inside the barn! i know your thinking barn!? trust me its not your ordinary barn!

Perfect Outdoor Wedding

Reviewed on 3/06/2014 Jessica

Love, love, loved The Windmill Winery! The setting was perfect for our outdoor rustic wedding. They provide a day of coordinator, who was a huge help. I did not have to worry about a thing. Although, I wish I would have had my rehearsal on-site. They do not allow rehearsals on... Read More Fridays, which was the only day that would have worked for me. Our wedding party was mostly people from out of town. I was disappointed for all the little things they charged for. I wanted to have my ceremony chairs angled but they wanted to charge .50 cents per chair. I did not understand that. However, they were very accommodating. The most vendors included in the package were great. I was disappointed that the caterer forgot to leave us desert plates and forks. Thank goodness for the on-site coordinator she found us plates and forks to enjoy our cake. I would recommend this venue.

Best Wedding Ever

Reviewed on 11/20/2013 Kelly B

I just want to give a huge thanks to Karen our coordinator!!! She was amazing!! Without her I think this wedding process would of been a very stressful time instead it was one of the easiest processes I have went through :) The Winery is just beautiful!! The first time I saw... Read More pictures I knew it was where I wanted to get married. I do not regret my decision one bit!! The process of attending the open house to be able to try the food and cake, meet the DJs all at once definitely makes the process of getting married very easy :) even found our florist at the open house Sarah's Garden who was wonderful to work with and our flowers were absolutely beautiful! Our DJ Joel Gibbs was also great!!! He really kept everyone entertained even had guests ask for his information after the wedding for future weddings :) the catering company Gold Star Catering and Lesley's creative cakes were also amazing to work with everyone loved the food and cake! All of our guests told us it was one of the best weddings they have ever attended!!! Thank you again to everyone at the Windmill Winery and Karen for making our wedding night perfect! It was a night we will never forget :)

Reviewed on 4/11/2018 Jessica D

I could not have been happier with my experience with windmill winery. The venue was beautiful and all of my guests loved it. It is such a unique Arizona venue. I loved the Lakehouse and feel I couldn’t have had a better more beautiful place to get married. The Property has many... Read More opportunities for photos, games and beautiful décor. Working with Lisa and Daleen was wonderful. Daleen was timely with all of my questions and needs and always got back to me through email, text or phone. Lisa my day of coordinator was so great and there for whatever we needed (she even ran across property to get my veil when I forgot it). WE had such a great night ringing in the New Year. All of the staff was great and attentive. The only comment I have for improvements was that the bridal cottage is only available for 4 hours of property time so there is nowhere for the bride/bridesmaids to leave their belongings without having to move them mid wedding nor a place for bride to go touch up makeup/use bathroom privately but that did not take away from my day. I had the most wonderful time I could not be more thankful.

Reviewed on 3/02/2018 Staci E

We got married at The Windmill Winery in January of 2018. This venue was incredibly unique and gorgeous. The biggest advantage was just how peaceful it was compared to anything we could find in Phoenix. That being said, the venue did come with its own set of benefits and... Read More challenges. We loved that this venue was all inclusive. It took the stress out of choosing vendors. The downside was that in order to work with the vendors (taste test the food, meet with our coordinator, etc.,) it had to be done down in Florence. We found this to be a little frustrating. The venue owners are fantastic. The week before the wedding I was stressed out and Katie took the time to talk me off the ledge. Shes an incredible soul. The venue does provide a coordinator but I would recommend hiring your own. Throughout the day I found myself wishing I had someone who was with me throughout the day to handle the family and any other requests that came up. That being said, it did rain for a solid 2 hours before our ceremony and the staff had to scramble to move things (decorative tables, programs, guest sign-in, etc.,) inside. The staff did a fantastic job completing things on the fly. Our biggest issue we had with the venue (aside from the distance, which we were aware of), was some of the policies. The Winery asks that you make decisions such as having a firepit, heater, etc., 10 days before the wedding. If you needed to add on a heater last minute you would be charged "peak pricing". Now, I understand that staffing and supplies may be involved but when you're getting married outside, in Arizona, in late winter (which is normally beautiful), the weather is not always consistent. At the 10 day mark, we were projected to have high 70s. By the time the actual wedding came around it was a high of 54. The venue did provide the option to add on the heater and firepit last minute without the peak pricing, but that was only after I reached out to Katie to express my concern. Another frustration was their guest number policy. They request a guest count ridiculously early on. We had to commit and pay for 100 people a year out from our wedding. Anything over was $80 a head and anything below that was lost money. We made it work but in the end we still technically lost money as we were below guest count. We felt that this was out of the norm compared to other venues who take final guest count 10 days before and thats what you pay for. Also, you are only allowed to have access to the bridal bungalow and grooms room for 4 hours unless you pay extra. This adds to the stress of the day as you have to worry about things getting moved during cocktail hour and removes a place for the bride and groom to take a break during the reception. I would have appreciated the break. Although I mentioned this to the owners already, I think they should evaluate some of their policies and make sure they're consistently doing whats right for the bride and groom. Their venue is gorgeous and I'm so happy we got married there. I just wish we didn't experience the bumps in the road that we did.

Reviewed on 2/11/2018 Nicole H

Our wedding was perfect! Working with everyone at The Windmill Winery was wonderful and they were all easy to work with. We chose the Big Barn, and it was absolutely beautiful! For our vendors we chose Ellagant Entertainment, Whiskey Ranch Grill and Piece of Cake Desserts.... Read More We had DJ Blaze, he was awesome, everyone had a great time and it kept the party going all night. We chose Whiskey Ranch after we tried their food at an open house. The food was amazing! Everything was so delicious and communicating with Tommy and Jennifer was so easy. Piece of Cake was amazing also. The taste testing was the best part, and our wedding cake was delicious. Thank you all for making our big day unforgettable!

Reviewed on 1/31/2018 Mikaela D

I can not say enough good things about the Windmill Winery. The Knot gives me about 3,500 words to right and that still does not feel like enough words to be able to convey how amazing my whole experience with the Windmill Winery was. The Winery was the only venue I went to- I... Read More did not even bring my then fiancé with me-and when I told him how amazing it was, we pulled the trigger without a second thought. We chose the all-inclusive Lake House package and had the help of Katie and Kessalee to make our day extra special. They listened with so much intention and truly made our dreams a reality. Working with them was like working with a best friend, they encouraged us in our all dreams we had for the day and even shared some VERY helpful insight. Aside from the amazing wedding planners, the vendors that contract through the Winery are phenomenal. We were able to attend an open house where we listened to DJ’s, ate food from different caterers and even sampled numerous cakes! All of our guests raved about the tacos we had from Whiskey Ranch and we are still hearing about how the DJ was one of the best people have ever experienced. All in all, I would recommend the Windmill Winery to all of my engaged friends, the process was so easy and stress free.. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 1/22/2018 Morgan H

I have nothing but great things to say about Windmill Winery! I fell in love with the Lake House and knew I didn’t want to get married anywhere else. They offered an inclusive package which made wedding planning so much easier. Daleen stayed in contact with us through the... Read More process and Lisa, our day-of coordinator, was so sweet and helpful. I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 1/20/2018 Tara M

My husband and I created our wedding day at the Windmill and it could NOT have gone any better. Everyone says that "things will go wrong; you have to just go with the flow." But I kid you not, absolutely NOTHING went wrong. I couldn't have had better staffing from the Windmill... Read More as well as the contractors that they go thru for food, music, and flowers (everyone, literally EVERYONE raved about how good the food was ;)). It was a one-stop (stress free) shop that made planning a destination wedding so fun and relaxing. Although its an hour drive out in the middle of nowhere, the landscape and picture opportunities throughout the breathtaking barn, ceremony sites, yard games, beer burro and wines will never be topped in my mind! It was the most beautiful fairy tale place for our wedding! From Jordan introducing us to the Windmill Winery as we were touring venues, to Karen becoming our wedding coordinator, everything went fantastic! Jordan was the sweetest and nicest person to first put a face to our venue. She seemed just as excited about my wedding as I did - she also was always available to call/text on little details that popped into my head throughout the days (and nights). Karen walked us through our wedding process starting 6 months before the wedding. She was on top of EVERYTHING! I didn't need to worry about one thing except picking what I wanted. She made the wedding of our dreams happen and she was so extremely nice to work with. The day of the wedding, I barely saw her, but throughout the day, Karen and her minions made our day the smoothest and most perfect day. I can't thank everyone enough!

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Taylor T

The venue is absolutely beautiful but the planning process is a nightmare. The winery seems to be inexperienced and they are NOT willing to accommodate any requests you may have. We were rushed into booking the venue and it seemed as if the girl dealing with our account was... Read More working on commission because she was very abrasive and threatened to give our date away. We booked well over a year in advance and were not assigned a coordinator until 6 months before which turned out to be a waste of time since I did EVERYTHING myself anyway. I originally booked the winery because they had an inclusive package with suggested vendors that knew the property. That ended up not working since none of their vendors were available so I had to find all my own vendors. The winery refunded us a ridiculously small amount of money for the vendors we had to find on our own which didn't even cover 1/4 of the new vendor costs. The booking coordinator also promised my father that they would have their hard alcohol license by the time our wedding rolled around and that didn't seem to happen. During the rehearsal, we were rushed and had no time for pictures and laughs with family and friends. The coordinator was aggressive and physically forceful with us and pulled and pushed the wedding party members in the directions she wanted them to walk or stand. On the day of the wedding, you are only allowed to arrive 1.5 hrs early to take photos and set up which was stressful because I was only told a few days prior that the coordinators do not help with set up; you must assign a wedding party member or a family member to do those things. At the end of the night we were rushed out before our payed for time was over and the wedding party was barked at to clean up and grab anything that was not part of the winery's property. On a positive note, I was able to talk to Katie, the owner, a few days prior to the wedding and she was extremely sweet and eager to help fix my negative experience.

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Kelsey M

My husband and I got married in the Big Barn on 12/10/17! The Windmill Winery made it so easy for us to have the most amazing wedding. All of our guests were blown away by this piece of paradise in the desert. The beautiful views are self-explanatory, as well as the kind staff... Read More and event coordinators. Shauna, our event coordinator in particular, was an amazing help, and made our night perfect. All of the vendors we chose from were excellent, and work so seamlessly together. Elina's Catering in particular was out of this world. Chef Peter did not miss a beat and was on top of everything, even if it was a drunk friend nearly spilling wine on the bride! Would absolutely recommend this venue to ANYONE, as it was the best decision we could have possibly made.

Reviewed on 12/10/2017 Alexandra S

We recently were married at The Lake House venue at Windmill Winery on 11/2/2017. It was perfect. The scenery is so beautiful and the atmosphere created by all the vendors was like a fairytale. All of the guests could not stop talking about how amazing it was. We highly... Read More recommend this venue and it's staff. Such a wonderful experience, we are glad we chose them!

Reviewed on 11/08/2017 Molly G

My now husband and I both come from large extended families, and we were concerned about there being enough room for everyone who would attend; this spot was PERFECT! There was enough room for all of our dining tables, the DJ, the wedding cake, and even a dance floor! It truly... Read More was exactly what we had wanted for our big day!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Stefanie M

The Venue: 10/10 everything about our day was perfect! I was a little worried about there possibly being another wedding going on the same day and how that would affect ours. Because they have two wedding sites the barn and the lake house. We were married at the lake house and... Read More I never saw any other guests except our own and didn't hear anything coming from the barn venue. The lake house is absolutely perfect, everything we dreamed of. I love that so much is included in the cost. Like the hanging lights on the deck, the love marquee sign, wine barrels, the arch…just to name a few. My coordinator was Daleen who was very helpful. The only complaint, on the wedding day she came up to us and told us she was leaving right after the ceremony. Luckily the owner was there and she stepped in to take her place and I honestly didn’t know the difference, she did a wonderful job ! Food: 9/10 We used Kiss The Chef. Seriously the best food we have ever eaten. I want to contact them to make some food for our one year anniversary. We had chicken with this white creamy cheese sauce. They were also very accommodating in making some sides for my vegetarian guests that served as their main course. Only complaint, as soon as everyone was done being served dinner they packed up and were gone. I kinda rushed through my dinner because we were called to do other things and I turned around later in the evening to get a second helping and they were gone. It would have been nice if they could have left some food for anyone else wanting seconds later in the evening. I also wish I could have gotten some cake. We had our cake cutting but we weren’t served any cake after. Luckily we had the top tier put aside for us to take home. Cake: 8/10 We used Lesley’s cakes. She was the only vendor option for cakes. There was another vendor there that offered a dessert table with lots of yummy desserts but not a wedding cake. I had dreamed of having a beautiful wedding cake on my wedding day and didn’t want to give that up. So the Cake itself, very good! My favorite was the Almond Cake with Cannoli filling. Also she was able to copy a design I saw on Pinterest exactly like the picture! I was disappointed to find out that we wouldn’t have the traditional cake tasting like you see in movies and tv. I hoped that my fiancé and I could go into the shop with Lesley 1:1 and sample all the cake flavors. This is not how she does it. She does an open house monthly at her shop in Gilbert and also at the Windmill Winery. You have to go to this open house and sample what they have that day. Usually they have 3 or 4 cake flavors to try. But you are at this open house with several other people. DJ: 10/10 We used Ellagant Entertainment and had Joel as our DJ. I think this was the highlight of our wedding! He made sure everyone was having a good time. He surprised us with a couple games. He stuck to music we requested. He even got out and danced with our guest. Several people asked us for his info after the wedding so they could use his services at their own events. I loved the concept they have going on at the Windmill Winery. Love that everything is included in your cost. Everything is tied together with the coordinator. I love the monthly open houses and being able to talk to my vendors in person. Getting married at the Windmill was the best decision we made!

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Lindsey A

I had my wedding this past weekend at the Windmill Winery. I was so beyond happy with how it turned out! Everything went as planned, and we had so much support along the way. Our coordinator, Shauna, was absolutely amazing. They helped us with set up and turning on our electric... Read More candles, helping us stay on schedule, and making us feel so special on our special day! I seriously cannot thank the Windmill enough!! We had a blast, and I would recommend them over and over again!!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Kyle H

We had out wedding at the Windmill Lakehouse and it went super well. We picked their package and selected some vendors from their list for DJ and caterer. We brought our own photography, officiant, and photo booth. All their vendors worked out well for us. The venue is simply... Read More beautiful - tons of compliments. You honestly don't expect such a nice place to be out in Florence! Staff was all friendly as well!

Reviewed on 7/04/2017 Nicole H

Absolutely LOVED our venue! It is beautiful and made for the perfect destination wedding.

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Donna H

My daughter had her wedding at the Windmill Winery and it was perfect! Shauna was the coordinator and put my daughter at ease, making sure all her requests were met. Kiss the Chef, Leslie and Joel were wonderful vendors and many guests said it was the best wedding they had... Read More ever been to.

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Liz N

I was lucky enough to stumble across the Windmill Winery when looking at wedding photographers. I had no idea this place existed and fell in love with it the first time I toured it. It was everything my husband and I were looking for! The grounds our so naturally beautiful and... Read More the light in the barn was stunning and made all of our photos so much prettier. We worked with Karen who could not have been a better coordinator. She was so nice and so on top of things. We'd email her before heading to bed and have a response by the time we woke up. For anyone looking for a unique wedding venue in Arizona, this is the place!

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Brittany B

I got married at The Windmill Winery on 2/18/17. From the moment I saw the barn I knew it was exactly where I wanted my wedding. The property is gorgeous. We worked with Shauna and she made the whole experience so easy! From picking out all of our vendors to answering EVERY... Read More question along the way, Shauna was amazing! If I could I would get married every weekend at the winery! ❤

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Janelle W

My husband and I chose this venue because we wanted something a little less reminiscent of the desert for our wedding. Amusingly, when we went to Florence to check the place out, we drove through extremely barren desert. Fast-forward to the day of our wedding (12/15/2016), where... Read More we're on a shuttle headed to the Windmill Winery and I can hear some of the skepticism Joe and I had when we first drove out. ("So... uh, what made you pick this place?") But once we arrived, everyone immediately understood why. All throughout the night we received compliments. There were many places to explore (my guests enjoyed the wine tasting room and the farm animals... particularly a charismatic turkey). Daleen worked seamlessly with the vendors to make this day great. She was very put-together and I can't thank her enough for what she did: She allowed me to truly enjoy the day. I had internalized so much stress, planning this day, but miraculously, I didn't have a single worry the day of. It was a great place for my family and friends to celebrate with us, and we had so much FUN. I highly recommend this venue to a couple who wants something a little different in Arizona... and especially for those who value a team that will run the show for you. Their selected vendors were great (we had Kiss the Chef cater dinner, Joel from Ellagant Entertainment as the DJ, and Lesley's Creative Cakes). Again, I appreciate Daleen going through everything so thoroughly. I especially appreciated when she provided some insight and precautions about an open-bar, so there wouldn't be any unexpected surprises! Windmill Winery's expertise definitely showed with our wedding. Thank you!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017

DISAPPOINTING!!! I have very mixed feelings for the Windmill Winery. The first few words that comes to mind is Disappointing, Discouraging and just plan sad. My husband I stumbled along the Windmill Winery at the Phoenix Bridal show, and instantly fell in love with the... Read More property and pictures and knew we had to go see it! We of course went to multiple open houses that they have often, which is a great touch. Both of us being in the hospitality industry were picky, to say the least. While at the Bridal Show and the Open House we saw one person that made us feel like this was a great place... The owner was working both, hustling and actually seemed to care about the business. We knew we found the place. The grounds are beautiful, they do a great job at maintaining and creating a unified ambiance that every bride wants right now, rustic elegance. It all turned after booking and signing the contract... the company seems to have the sales and contracting part down but when it comes to execution or questions they have no idea what they are doing. And, I'm surprised that they have lasted as long as they have. Please be aware that after signing your contract you are not assigned to your Event Manager until 6 months out from your wedding. No name or email to contact if you have questions until then... I went almost a year without have anyone to talk to ask simple questions; how big are your tables? What is your wine list? Do you offer water? (nope they charge you for water). And when I did have questions, I got sent from person to person until someone could answer my question and then was told; 'I'm not your Event Manager but here are your answers." --- Does that seem ok? Honestly what it came down to for us was just plain communication. Everything was jumbled; we got bounced from Event Manager to Event Manger, not having one, then the next one left, then we didn't have one, then we got the Owner, then we finally got assigned one. With each one not giving our notes to the next, and had to start over each time (including with the owner). I'm not saying we weren't picky or had special requests everyone does were not out of the ordinary but, when your Event Manager goes 3 weeks without getting back to you... you start to worry about the professionalism of the company. I work at a hotel as an Event Manager, when you leave for your days off or to handle a family matter for 3 weeks or even a day you put an out of office on.... Just plain professionalism. Things like this happened time and time again. I even got threatened emails from the accountant that they were going to drop our wedding due to an out of date credit card. But, little did she know she had a new credit card in her inbox 5 days prior... again communication and professionalism. I know tell people when they ask me how my wedding was and do I recommend the Windmill Winery as a location, my answer is, 'NO! Pretty place but the people are terrible to work with.' Still to this day I want my money back!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Emmy D

We got married at the Windmill Winery Lake House on Nov. 26th, 2016. Everything about wedding planning was so easy thank you to the Windmill. We went to the initial open house which was amazing, you have the opportunity to see what the venues looked like set up for a wedding,... Read More get to taste the foods & the desserts and also meet with all the different preferred vendors. Once I got home, I told my fiance about it and he immediately said no, he was turned off by the distance from Chandler, the fact that they had beer and wine only, and that the town was too little for an after party. Finally. I convinced him to go for a tour. The Windmill was awesome at accommodating a private tour of the venue. His whole entire family who was extremely skeptical immediately fell in love. A few days later, without looking at any other venues, we had booked our wedding. We went to our second open house and were able to plan our whole entire wedding in one day (catering, flowers, photographers, cake, etc). It was STRESS FREE! Six months out from the day of the wedding, our wedding coordinated Shauna contacted us. She is AMAZING. I could email her at any hour of the day and she would immediately respond with the answers to my questions. They truly made being a bride enjoyable because I did not have the stress of the planning that most brides do. The day of our wedding was absolutely magical. I never felt one ounce of stress because I knew everything would be taken care of and it was. Our day of coordinator, Katie was AMAZING. She made sure that every little detail was there. Not only did my guests rave about how seamless our wedding was, but they raved about the venue, the food, the dessert and most of all the fun that we had. Not one person complained about the drive from Phoenix. My advice to any bride would be to get married at the Windmill, you will not find anywhere better, it is absolutely gorgeous. They are amazing at organizing, planning and executing your dream day!!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Chelsey C

Touring this venue was so easy and personal! The staff was great and were so helpful in picking a perfect wedding venue. The location is beautiful as is the whole winery!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Elizabeth K

I literally cannot be happier with my experience. It was everything I could of wanted and more. First of all the owner of this venue is the cutest! When giving us this tour, initially, he was so proud of his property and answered all of our questions without hesitation.... Read More Additionally, our event manager, Daleen was my best friend for the 3 months leading up to the wedding. She helped keep my head on my body and answered all my questions promptly, and worked with me continuously until I was happy! The day of the wedding she was so helpful in making sure all decorations were put together! She helped my parents and family with keeping their sanity! She watched the clock like a hawk and had us all in the right place at the right time! During the ceremony she was very pleasant and mingled with our guests as if she were part of our family! I could not be happier or give any better reviews. I would highly recommend this venue to all of my family and friends! Thank you windmill winery for these special memories!!!!!!!