The Woodstock Inn & Resort

Woodstock, VT

The Woodstock Inn & Resort

Vermont’s most scenic, romantic and luxurious destination for a wedding. Our experienced staff, breathtaking facilities, charming ambiance and stunning views create an exceptional setting for your special day.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Barn, Country Club, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue, Hotel, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

14 the Green, Woodstock, VT

Reviewed on 12/06/2013 Kaira B

I had a destination wedding and people came from California and Fargo. Everyone was amazed by what a hidden gem this hotel and cute city had to offer us all. The weekend was very well organized, and the staff was very good and friendly. I felt like we got a small town feel... Read More with big city amenities/service. Even though it was November everyone was able to eplore the area and enjoy the spa. When the band had to shut down at 10:30pm we moved on over to Bentley's in town and everyone had a blast! Everyone had a great time to the point they are sending us thank you cards! The wedding coordinators/catering staff were very quick to respond to me with email/calls as I was planning from California. They will make anything happen for you. My husband said I can't wait to hit our 10 year anniversary because we need to go back and have another celebration!

Reviewed on 7/20/2013 Alexandra K

We had our wedding reception at the Woodstock Inn, with cocktails on the front lawn and dinner and dancing in the Rockefeller Room. It was absolutely lovely, and we got many comments about how classy and elegant the location was. Yes, the venue is expensive, but for us it was... Read More worth it because they take care of everything -- the food, tables, linens, service, etc. Devon, the special events coordinator, was so kind and very easy to work with. She met with us twice before the wedding -- once for the menu tasting, and once in the week before the wedding to go over details of the reception and the flow of the evening. It almost felt like having a wedding planner because Devon also coordinated with our DJ and photographer / videographer. We were absolutely delighted with the Woodstock Inn and felt that the cost was absolutely worth it.

Elegant Setting, Delicious Food, Memorable Event!

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Lee W

The location can't be beat, and the inn is so charming and elegant inside - very Vermont! The wedding coordinator guided me through the process and was very helpful in answering my questions in a timely manner. It was a sincere pleasure to work with her. During the wedding... Read More weekend, I felt like the entire inn staff was on call to ensure that our wedding day was all we had hoped it would be. The reception itself was beautiful. The guests enjoyed the garden room and terrace for cocktails. I had been worried about the ballroom being in the basement, where the ceiling appears low, but with a few tall floral arrangements (with forced branches) to make the ceiling appear higher, I had nothing to worry about. The food was delicious (and our tasting day at the inn was one of the highlights of the wedding planning process). One complaint: We would have liked an additional server; some guests complained that their wine glasses were not refilled and they had to wait for their food. The Woodstock Inn is pricey, but they do an excellent job.

2013-05-08T11:51:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback on your Woodstock Inn & Resort wedding. It was our pleasure to host your special day and we are delighted to hear it was all you had hoped it would be! We look forward to an opportunity to serve you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Sabrina D

Loved my ceremony and reception at the Woodstock Inn. Everything went seamless and having the coordinator made everything so much better. Couldn't have imagined anything better.

My Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 7/20/2015 Caitlin D

To start: this venue is magical. It is a historic white inn, centered on a quintessential New England village green. The town is beautiful and entirely walkable. Our ceremony was on the front lawn, with the inn as the backdrop. Our reception was held in the Rockefeller room,... Read More which has floor to ceiling glass windows at one end, overlooking the South Lawn. I planned long distance from California-- without a wedding planner-- (for 50 people) and I can say with all honesty, I only have glowing things to say about this venue and our wedding day. From the bellmen and the front desk, to the hotel wedding coordinator, Ann, to our banquet coordinator, Stephen, to housekeeping, and the spa-- they made my husband and I feel like we were the only two people on Earth. They were 100% responsive to our questions from the beginning, they were able to assist us every step of the way with planning, room selection, menu selection, local vendor selection, etc. Not a single detail was missed, not a single mishap occurred. The food was local and superb. The banquet staff was attentive and concerned with all the guests (for example, replacing a salad immediately for my bridesmaid with a nut allergy, or when I just couldn't stomach eating dinner because I was stressed, the banquet coordinator offered me plain pasta, and brought me seltzer with bitters..) It really takes a village to run a wedding and Woodstock is definitely the village you want running yours.

Beautiful and memorable wedding

Reviewed on 7/03/2014 Erin C

We were married June 22, 2014. Working with Megan and Ann was an absolute dream! They took care of everything and made my planning experience so stress free. The Inn is beautiful with many places to hold your events. We had a small guest list of 22 people. Our cocktail hour... Read More was in the Wicker Lounge and our dinner/dancing was in the Rockafeller room. The food was fantastic! I strongly recommend planning your wedding at the Woodstock Inn. It was a great experience.

Better than we could have imagined!

Reviewed on 4/19/2013 Laura J

The Woodstock Inn made us feel like royalty during our wedding weekend. Devon was amazing, anything we asked for she made it happen. Our wedding went of without a hitch, and all of our guests had a wonderful experience!

2013-05-08T11:33:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you for choosing The Woodstock Inn & Resort for your wedding. We thoroughly enjoyed working with you and were delighted to host you and your guests! Congratulations, again! Come back and visit us soon.

Perfect Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 9/20/2012 Geri C

I was recently married at The Woodstock Inn & Resort and cannot recommend it more! The food, service, and accommodations were outstanding. I was nervous about getting married in VT since I live in NY, but the coordinator was helpful and informative throughout the entire planning... Read More process. They were very flexible, allowing us to customize their menu to our liking. Guests truly enjoyed the food, from the hors d'oeuvres to the entrees to the cake- it was all delicious. The entire weekend was extremely enjoyable thanks to the friendly and welcoming staff at the Inn. It is well worth the money and the trip up from NY!

2013-05-08T11:42:16 Response from the vendor

We were delighted to host your wedding! It was a pleasure working with you on the details of your special day and we're happy to hear you and your guests had a wonderful experience. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us and we look... Read Less Read More

Wonderful VT wedding

Reviewed on 5/05/2011 Sarah P

We were married in April which can be tricky in VT but the Inn is outstanding all year round

TO The Woodstock Inn & Resort