Three Chimneys Inn

Durham, NH

Three Chimneys Inn Wedding & Reception Site

Three Chimneys Inn offers 23 guest rooms, on-site restaurant, gardens, and banquet facilities. Host your wedding ceremony in one of our romantic gardens, enjoy cocktails on the terrace, dinner and dancing in the Madbury Room with spacious parquet dance floor, gas fireplace, bar, and private patio!

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Historic Venue, Restaurant

Food + Catering, Planning

17 Newmarket Rd., Durham, NH

My wedding was AMAZING!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Jen M

I can't say enough great things about The Three Chimneys Inn as a wedding venue and as a business in general. The price is middle of the road (depending on what you choose)and for that price you receive many options and add ons, as well as free use of anything they have on site.... Read More For example, I ended up using table runners that matched as well as tea lights, signs, Shepard's hooks etc. We worked mostly with Pauline, the head of sales, and she was a true delight to work with from the beginning! She KNOWS her stuff! She was always accommodating, friendly and helpful. On the day of the wedding Pauline could not be there due to personal matters, so her assistant Kelsey took her place. That sounds scary, but Kelsey was incredible! She took complete charge (not in a bossy way), leaving me feeling that I had left everything in great hands. Kelsey made sure all the vendors behaved and took care of any issues before they could even have caused me stress. We gave her little direction for the decor and she took it an ran with it! It looked STUNNING. Kelsey thought of everything and made sure everyone, especially myself, was happy. The waitstaff were so sweet and accommodating as well, setting up everything and taking everything down for us. The food was amazing. We also had our rehearsal dinner there, so we were able to try a multitude of the food they offer. Every single thing was delicious. My wedding party is still commenting on and craving the gourmet BBQ we had at the rehearsal dinner! The venue itself is a gorgeous in surrounded by an beautiful garden. The pictures online do not do it justice! We chose the lower garden for the ceremony, the terrace for our cocktail hour and utilized the Madbury and Orchards room for our reception. We also used the Coppers rooms and sunporches for our rehearsal dinner. Every single part of that inn is gorgeous and well maintained. On top of all this, our room was comped for the evening (due to amount spent) including a breakfast. It was so nice to have a lot of our guests stay over with us and wake up to have breakfast with them. The proof is in the details. Our guests are STILL raving about how beautiful and well organized our wedding was, over a month later! I am so thankful we chose The Three Chimneys Inn as our wedding location, it was p-e-r-f-e-c-t and I can't thank the staff enough!

My Fairytale Wedding

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Jacqueline G

There is not enough I can say to compliment the Three Chimneys Inn. From the moment I stepped foot on their lower garden I knew it was where I was going to marry my husband. The grounds are so elegant and enchanting. I could not have dreamed of a better day and a better... Read More venue. The staff was amazing. Our guests were about 90 some family members from the New Jersey area. Everyone stayed at the Three Chimneys for at least 2 days or more, and we heard nothing but positive feedback. Everyone felt so welcome, and not a single guest wanted to leave! Pauline sat with me for hours at a time to review all of the details...small and large. Nothing was impossible to make my day perfect. Everything went so smoothly, and she was great with my family and bridal party at our rehearsal. Every time I think of our wedding I just tear was that perfect. The Three Chimneys staff did an excellent job at catering to our every need with smiles on our faces and wonderful personalities. It is certainly a unique venue with so much beautiful to love and enjoy. We'll be back for our anniversaries!

A Rainy Day Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 12/27/2014 Ashley S

My husband and I knew the moment we were engaged that Three Chimneys Inn would be our wedding venue. We'd always loved its charming and helpful employees, the cozy rooms, the beautiful gardens, and of course the amazing food! Pauline Gaffney was a pleasure to work with, and... Read More she worked very hard to make sure every detail was exactly as we requested. They made it much easier for us to plan our Big Day. One of the many great things about their wedding package was that it offered several different buffet and plated dinners, and includes a custom designed wedding cake from Jacques Pastries in Suncook, NH. They also offer helpful items such as different color table linens, votive candles, toasting glasses, table numbers, and a gift card box. So much stress relief! The day of our wedding turned out to be a rainy one, and while we were sad to have to move our ceremony indoors, the staff made everything work beautifully. We were married in front of the fireplace of the Marbury Banquet Room, and could not have been happier. The food served during cocktail hour and the reception was delicious. The New England Clam Chowder was an especially HUGE hit with the guests. We highly recommend Three Chimneys Inn for other couples, as a ceremony site, reception site, or both. You will not be disappointed! - Christopher and Ashley Loveday

Three Chimney's Inn-Romantic and Quaint!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Just over a year ago, my (now) husband and I were looking to purchase a home in Newmarket and we happened to stay at the Three Chimney's Inn. After purchasing our home, we started our search for wedding venues and we remembered the quaint, historical, lovely yellow hotel that we... Read More stayed in on our first trip to the Northeast! From the moment I met Pauline Gaffney, Director of sales, she was extremely helpful and did not mind spending as much time as we needed to answer our million questions! She was also prompt in getting back to us and very informative about other vendors that might fit our needs. The day of the wedding, Pauline was there as my backbone guiding the hidden details, (cake delivery/set up, flower coordination, photographer, live musician set up, etc.), as well as being a calming figure for me as we were preparing for the ceremony. The location of Three Chimney's Inn was perfect for our out-of town-guests as well as a perfect romantic garden setting. Our wedding was rather small, approx. 40 guests and we chose the upper garden to make it easier for older folks to access. The trees, surrounding greenery and our beautiful flower lattice arbor, was a perfect back-drop! Our amazing day continued without a hitch through the reception/dinner portion of the ceremony. I can't tell you how many compliments we received on the food! We chose the steak tenderloin and Halibut, both were fantastic! The clam chowder could not have been better! The Madbury room was again just what we wanted, quaint with a historical flare. In conclusion, I cannot recommend the Three Chimney's Inn and accompanying staff more to anyone looking for a romantic country venue that is an excellent price point! Thank you again to Pauline and staff for making our wedding day such a joyous occassion! Warren and Judi Basch

The perfect day!

Reviewed on 9/15/2015 Hannah O

We had our perfect wedding day on 9/5/15! This venue is absolutely stunning if you are looking for that old fashioned feel. There are two garden options for a ceremony site, a beautiful terrace for cocktail hour and a reception hall with a lot of character that comfortably held... Read More our 112 guests. The food was great, we even held our rehearsal dinner here the night before. The only trouble we had was some communication with the event coordinator. Getting a hold of her could be challenging and could take many days to get a reply. But in the end everything turned out as planned and we had a beautiful day!!

Recommend without Reservation!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

As parents we cannot thank the wedding coordinator and staff enough for the wonderful experience the Three Chimneys provided for our only daughter's wedding. Seriously, we could not have asked for anything more. The planning, coordination, the beautiful setting, food,... Read More courteous staff...just perfect. The Inn provides great flexibility for the bridal couple's goals - form DIY to a lot of assistance from them! You can really custom design the wedding. We recommend without reservation!

Bridal Shower Brunch

Reviewed on 8/06/2014 Alyssa V

My bridal shower brunch was hosted at the Three Chimneys Inn and it was perfect! The food was amazing, they make a great french toast on banquette bread! The staff was attentive and very friendly. Great location!

Gorgeous location!

Reviewed on 6/25/2014 Phil S

I got married at Three Chimneys Inn on Memorial Day Weekend 2014 and I had the most perfect day thanks to the wonderful people who work there. They really take care of you on your wedding day. Pauline checks in with you several times before the ceremony. They have 2 absolutely... Read More gorgeous ceremony locations- both gardens with lots of greenery. The reception space has lots of character and makes your wedding feel more intimate and personal. It's not one of those stereotypical banquet halls. While you can't fit 200 people in the room, it's perfect. The food was phenomenal. Everything ran so smoothly! I would definitely recommend Three Chimneys Inn to any bride.

Wedding Breakfast

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Alison n

We have a breakfast here the morning following our wedding. The food was delicious and the room was just perfect. A great way to say good bye to those who came to celebrate with yoU!

Perfect as long as you are ORGANIZED!

Reviewed on 1/25/2013 Tori B

My husband & I had our wedding at the Three Chimneys Inn in October 2012. When we first toured the Inn, I immediately fell in love with its character. It has a wonderful old New England charm and lent itself well to the classic, semi-formal-yet-not-stuffy vibe we envisioned for... Read More our wedding. The grounds are stunning and the buildings are decorated to showcase the time period they emerged from. Pauline, the event coordinator, is very sweet and knowledgeable. However, she can be hard to get in contact with and a little disorganized; I definitely recommend keeping good notes throughout the planning process and being aware of changes made without your approval. We had a couple of little snafus on our wedding day that could easily have been avoided if the staff was more organized. That being said, we are extraordinarily pleased with how our wedding turned out and would not change venues if we could do it all over again. Our guests loved the historical feel of the entire property, and the food was AMAZING. All of the staff members we encountered were very kind and willing to help with whatever we needed. I did not give five stars for value because it was definitely more expensive to have our wedding at TCI than it would have been at other venues in the area. However, the package was fairly inclusive, the suggested vendors were wonderful and the service was excellent. My husband & I agreed from the beginning that it was worth spending more money to have a venue that was more unique and intimate than the standard country club or ballroom...the old "you get what you pay for" mantra applies here. I would recommend TCI to any couple who are organized and prepared to spend a large chunk of their budget on the venue! We had a beautiful wedding and will absolutely return for anniversary dinners or overnight stays!

Gorgeous site for a wedding!

Reviewed on 12/11/2012 Bethany A

My now husband and I fell in love with the quaintness and history of Three Chimneys Inn. We had a reception venue lined up, but still needed a ceremony spot, since we opted not to be in a church. Three Chimneys was the perfect location- we held our rehearsal dinner there the... Read More night before as well. The food was incredible and everyone was so easy to work with. Pauline, the wedding coordinator was fabulous- so organized and helpful in our planning. The bridge was a beautiful spot for photos as well.

Reviewed on 9/11/2012 Larissa R

Service was amazing, price was very affordable!

Great staff and beautiful spot

Reviewed on 8/13/2012 Rachel A

We picked Three Chimneys Inn because it has everything you need for a wedding. It includes the catering (the reception dinner was delicious), the alcohol, beautiful guest rooms, scenic landscape, and true hospitality. Wedding can be very expensive, but Three Chimneys gives you... Read More the best quality and service at a manageable price. They don't skimp on anything and they don't try to throw hidden charges. At the end of the night, the bill was where I expected it to be. Also, Pauline, the sale director is such a sweet and kind person to work with. When I needed advice with things along the way, she was always honest and tried her best to help in any way she could. The inn gets a lot of weddings and Pauline gets very busy, so it may take a couple of days for her to get back to an email, but she always does get back to you whether by email or phone call. We will definitely return to stay overnight and dine there again for future occasions!

A great venue

Reviewed on 6/25/2012 Lauren B

I highly recommend this venue! My husband and I got married here and it was more than we could have asked for! The staff is amazing and always willing to help out with whatever you may need. We had 100 guests at our wedding and it was the perfect number. There was plenty of room... Read More for everyone at the reception as well as at the ceremony. The ceremony was held in their garden and was gorgeous! They fixed everything so nicely. We got so many compliments on how nice everything looked. I just cannot stop commenting on how beautiful everything was, we could not have asked for a better day! It was more than we ever dreamed of! Thank you three chimneys!

Beautiful and Unique Setting for your wedding

Reviewed on 11/07/2011 Carla T

We were very pleased with our experience with Three Chimneys. We held our October wedding there and found the service to be excellent. We took over the entire inn for the weekend and our guests all raved about the beautiful rooms. The innkeeper and event staff were very friendly... Read More and accommodating, and they did a great job answering my hundreds of questions and trying to meet our special requests. My guests were all impressed by the cozy historical decor; the website doesn't even do it justice. Go see it in person! It was the perfect setting for a fall wedding. We rented all three rooms on the lower level for our 140 person event; it was cozy, but the space suited us perfectly and there was plenty of room for dancing. The food was delicious and we received several compliments on it. I have been to a lot of weddings, and although I may be biased, I think our food was definitely in the top tier! Because TCI is a small inn rather than a large hotel or other facility that operates like a big wedding factory, I had to be a little extra organized on my end throughout the planning process, but it was worth it in order to enjoy such a gorgeous, unique setting with so many personal touches. To the staff's great credit, on the actual day of my event everything went off flawlessly. Overall I found this to be a great value compared to other similar venues, and I would definitely choose them again in a heartbeat! Just a tip if you are planning a wedding there...make sure to check with nearby UNH about major events scheduled for your potential wedding weekend. We blocked off rooms at the Holiday Inn (walking distance to TCI) for our additional guests and it worked very well. However, rooms in Durham go quickly on big UNH weekends so plan well in advance and be aware of traffic.

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Melissa B

They never sent anything out on time like room block, so the rooms i was promised were taken for the wedding party after me; my contract took forever to get as well; They never sent out confirmation emails to guests or the wedding party about rooms. They hardly answered the... Read More phones and were very difficult to get a hold of. The events coordinator was always late and always asked me the same questions over and over again. They are extremely unorganized!!! The one saving grace for this venue is that it is in a beautiful location and the food was pretty good.

Accomodating and easygoing

Reviewed on 9/20/2011 Dijonna W

The staff was wonderful, easy to work with and very accomodating. The setting is so naturally classic, you won't need any extra decor!

Reviewed on 11/05/2010 Erica S

Every interaction we had with the TCI was wonderful. Pauline, the TCI's event coordinator, was always ready to answer every question. The food was excellent, the function rooms and gardens were gorgeous, and there were lots of options for customization. The guest rooms too... Read More were beautifully decorated. We couldn't have asked for a better venue! We also had great success with the vendors we chose from the TCI's preferred vendor list.

2011-01-07T15:16:27 Response from Carla, the member

Congratulations on your recent wedding! I hope your married life is off to a great start. I am getting married at TCI next October, so it's great to read such a rave review. I'd love to hear more about the vendors you used if you... Read Less Read More

Amazing Venue

Reviewed on 8/25/2010 Molly H

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at Three Chimneys Inn, and we are so happy with this choice. The staff at Three Chimneys are absolutely wonderful and accommodating. We experienced a few minor glitches on our wedding day and the staff took care of everything for us. We... Read More were able to meet with the staff (esp. Pauline) many times prior to our wedding day and this was so helpful with our planning. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and everything was in full bloom for our outdoor ceremony in June. The reception room is also beautiful, it is on the smaller size but cozy and perfect for a wedding under 100 people. It was also a great location because our guests (and we) could stay overnight onsite in their beautiful guest rooms! We cannot say enough great things about what a positive experience we had with Three Chimneys Inn. We would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking to have their wedding reception here. Three Chimneys also provides their own catering and the food was so delicious! We received soo many compliments on the food that Three Chimneys provided.