Cuisine

Buffet, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

463 Johnny Mercer Blvd B7, Savannah, GA

Incredible Food and Incredible Service - Above and Way Beyond

Reviewed on 2/12/2013 Cassie M

I loved everything Katherine did for us leading up to and on the wedding day. She not only helped us plan the menu, she helped me find a venue for our rehearsal dinner, suggested great florists, helped us rent tables and settings, coordinated a bartender, and pretty much became... Read More my wedding coordinator without me asking and for veeeeery little cost. I think it was a testament to the friendly, highly personal service offered by Thrive. And this was so important to my huz and I, as we coordinated everything from 2000 miles away. When all was said and done, I was actually pretty sad I didn't have a good reason to keep emailing Katherine! I remember during the reception she saw me running around trying to gather people for the speeches, and she told me to stop – that now was my time to relax, and she put a drink in my hand and I did just that. Lovely people to work with from start to finish. And not to mention, the food was *exactly* what I'd hoped for. My wedding guests are still talking about the great food. We had a buffet with some Southern treats, the cheese twists were exceptional, and some lovely vegetarian appetizers. I loved how the groom and I were treated with such special service. We had no time to pick up our own grazing food and drinks, so Katherine made sure everything came to us. During the buffet dinner, we were served first, and the rest of the tables were released in orderly fashion, despite not having a seating plan. Everyone seemed happy, as that is my family's usual serving tradition. Thrive did a great job working with us who refused to plan every last detail. I even loved that Katherine's husband was one of our bartenders – it made the occasion that much more sweet and genuine. Thrive had no trouble coming up with creative ideas for a British/American, vegetarian, locally-sourced feast. Which is some task. They even offered some chicken fingers for the kids, which was a really nice touch. We had Mushroom Gorgonzola Polenta, Savoury Bread pudding, 11 Superfood Salad, Herb Roasted Fall Vegetables, Cracklin Cauliflower, and Pulled Pork for those who couldn't survive without meat. They made everything egg-less, as one of our guests had an allergy. It was just perfect down to the last detail. One of my best friends made us Choux Pastries, and Thrive had no problem working with us to bring those out at the appropriate time. We also ordered their adorable pecan pie jars, which we put at each setting. A lot of people ate theirs then and there, but others (like me) who were too stuffed were able to take it home as a little gift.

Unforgettable Thanksgiving Feast!

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Arianne M

I cannot say enough about Katherine Hankey and the entire Thrive catering team. Katherine started working with me several months out from the wedding and was always on point with questions and e-mails. She has world-class communication skills. She helped make my dreams come... Read More true in a way that was even more elegant than I expected. Definitely my favorite wedding vendor! We had a cocktail hour as well as a sit-down Thanksgiving dinner at our wedding reception, and from my perspective it all went beyond smooth. The staff was on-time, prepared, and personable. Their organization and creativity amounted in an unforgettable feast for me and my family on a very special day.

Great GF Caterer in Savannah

Reviewed on 5/22/2013 Megan

My new husband and I live in NoVA, when we decided to get married in Savannah, we had to find a caterer down there that could do gluten-free and had food that tasted great. Through some googling I found Thrive. A plus to being gluten free is that mostly everything was either... Read More organic or locally-sourced. When we went down to see the place we were thinking of getting married at, there were some conflicts so we could not do a tasting, but Katherine Hankey offered to meet us anyway to go over our menu ideas and look at prices and options. She also said she would bring a gluten-free cake sample, the cake sample was great and I was relieved to know that I had found a caterer that could do gluten-free food and cake. Katherine was GREAT to work with the entire time. We changed the menu a few times to work with our budget and how we wanted to wedding to be. We started off thinking about doing heavy hor d'oeuvres, but were able to make a buffet with things we wanted which actually ended up being cheaper and offered our guests more food. The best part was that all of the food was GF so I could eat any of it without having to worry (they even made polenta croutons!) I sent them pictures of two cakes and told them the parts of each that I wanted and they were able to make it (Katherine told us at the beginning that the chef was by no means a pastry chef, my cake vision was relatively simple, if you want an extravagant cake, I would suggest you look elsewhere). It looked exactly how I wanted it to the day of and they put the cake topper on it that my sister had made. Everything was great the day of the wedding we did not have to worry about anything. We had many people tell us how great the sliders were and the cake was WONDERFUL. Thrive worked great with our venue to make sure everything was set up and helped with a favor for my husbands grandparents. They also set up our candy bar for us. If you are thinking about going with Thrive just do it, especially if you need GF food.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Michael S

Katherine and the Thrive team were amazing to work with! They were very accommodating for anyone with dietary restrictions and with any of our late changes to the menu. The food was absolutely delicious and planned perfectly. Cannot say enough wonderful things about them!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Giselle R

Thrive couldn't have been better. They're the only sustainability minded caterer in town, which was a bonus, and were incredibly kind and responsive. Katherine was quick to respond via email, which was great since we were planning from a distance. Thrive made adjustments to the... Read More menu after the tasting, which was all delicious and beautifully presented. They truly are fine dining that comes to you! They pay their staff a living wage, and that was important to us too. Our guests (and us!) had a marvelous time and as someone who's family was in the catering business there were no complaints at all. Water glasses always full, shrimp cooked perfectly, happy vegetarians and vegans, great cleanup, on time set up. Everyone on staff was very kind and the food was delicious. Thank you for working with us and your attentiveness!

2016-09-22T10:34:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We truly care about what we do and our clients events. We are so happy that you and your guests enjoyed the experience from start to finish. We will you all the very best life has to offer! KH

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Kelly

Thrive Catering is simply brilliant. My husband and I are from California, so planning a wedding across the country proved to be difficult. I stumbled across Thrive through my various searches and after our first phone call with Katherine, I knew we found some truly special... Read More folks. The tasting only solidified that. Meeting with Katherine (Catering Manager) and Wendy (Chef and Owner) in person really put me at ease. They took the time to hear my ideas, lend their expert knowledge, and craft a menu that was personally tailored and absolutely delicious! On our wedding day, Wendy and her team worked their magic! While the wedding party was running around taking pictures during the cocktail hour, Wendy and her manager made sure to keep us fed and brought up a tray of appetizers. (thank you for that, it was much needed!) All of our guests were blown away with the professionalism of the team and could not stop complimenting the delicious food. The biggest thing I looked for when choosing a vendor was how well we worked together. Katherine was simply amazing. She guided me through the menu selection process and wasn't afraid to lend her opinion if she had other ideas. I could not have asked for a better person to work with - she really helped to make our wedding something special! Thrive definitely takes pride in their work and the quality of their food. If you are looking for locally sourced, delicious food, with fantastic customer service that will blow your guests away - look no further!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica M

The staff at Thrive goes above and beyond your needs. First class all the way. The attention to detail is top notch. As a chef myself, I could not ask for better food and service. We were taken care of from the very beginning and never had to ask for anything. Katherine made... Read More sure that the wedding party was fed first and brought food out to us while we were taking pictures. The food was amazing and we felt like family members, not clients. Our plates were served and drinks kept full without us even seeing them do it. During the tasting everything was so good and it was difficult for us to narrow it down to a wedding menu. We had MANY guests tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. They are worth every penny.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Kristin N

They are amazing! From the moment I contacted them to after the wedding they were very easy and fun to work with, responsive and very professional. They truly made the planning experience wonderful for me and that to me is the perfect vendor to ever work with!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016

Thank YOU!! I cannot tell you how many compliments we have heard from our guests about your food! We loved it--and loved working with you! You were gracious and easy to work with and made the whole experience easy and fun!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Jody S

Thrive Catering provided a delicious buffet for my daughter's wedding. Katherine is so easy to work with -- she provided many menus from which to choose (and in our case, mix and match!), answered numerous questions and provided vegetarian options in small quantities for the... Read More bride and groom. In addition, the presentation of the taco bar was just beautiful! Thank you Katherine and the whole Thrive staff for a job well done!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Erika A

Having a destination wedding can be hard enough on it's own, but thanks to everyone at Thrive Catering, we were able to enjoy ourselves and have the most memorable wedding experience! We contacted Katherine after seeing good reviews on "TheKnot.com" and scheduled a tasting for... Read More the next time we would be in Savannah. At the tasting, we met Wendy, the chef, and were absolutely blown away by the food. Katherine was also able to help us by recommending other vendors for our wedding since we were from out of town. Thrive's pricing was just right and the website was easy to navigate. They were able to adjust our menu so that there was something for everyone to enjoy. On the day of our wedding, the staff arrived right on time and did a marvelous job-they really made it easy for us to enjoy everything else that was happening! I would absolutely work with Thrive again in the future!

Reviewed on 3/17/2016

This was a destination wedding so we had no knowledge of local caterers. We had rented a large home in the historic district and the owner had given us a list. My daughter was drawn to Thrive Catering because they featured locally sourced items. After a tasting, we also chose... Read More them to do the rehearsal dinner, a Low Country Boil. The food was absolutely delicious for both events, beautifully presented as well. Our guests raved about the food. The staff could not have been more helpful and gracious. Katherine Hankey, the catering manager, was so helpful from beginning to end in choosing items to serve, ideas for setup, etc. I can't say enough nice things about her and her staff! They were a big part of it being a fabulous weekend!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

Thrive catering did the food for my daughter's wedding reception and we were beyond pleased. From the time we contacted them until the reception, the staff was incredibly helpful. This was a destination wedding and we were not able to taste the food ahead of time. We were a... Read More bit concerned about that but when we tasted the food, all concerns went away. The chicken and the macaroni and cheese were the best food I had in Savannah. I would recommend them to anyone looking for catering in Savannah.

The best experience ever

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Lizzy K

Thrive catering literally is the reason our wedding went as smoothly as it did. Katherine and her team are attentive and wonderful to work with. We live in Augusta and when we had our tasting in savannah we went in at 11:30 with another tasting at a different catering place at... Read More 5:00pm. After meeting with Katherine and the chef, we called the other company informing them that we were no longer in need of their services. They were fantastic. They helped clean up champagne glasses that were brought from another rental company and my husband had asked them to help with setting up cupcakes if he wasn't there and when he came back they were set up perfectly. I would 100% recommend thrive, their food was fantastic and was only overshadowed by how wonderful the staff was.

Thrive

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Brooke

The food at our wedding was amazing! The guests have been raving since the wedding about how wonderful all the appetizers and the main course stations were! We also had Thrive make our wedding cake and cupcakes, and we were not disappointed! It was beautiful and it tasted... Read More amazing! Katherine was so helpful and she was wonderful to work with during the process of planning out our menu in our price range. All of the staff that worked our wedding were amazing and very friendly! I don't have one bad thing to say! Highly recommend this company to anybody needing any kind of catering!

Best Catering!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Courtney J

We hired Thrive for our wedding on May 23, 2015. It was the best wedding food I've ever experienced! Everyone was very friendly and professional. The food was plated so wonderfully, and tasted amazing. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about their dinners and... Read More desserts. Katherine was so helpful throughout the process. I can't recommend Thrive Catering enough!

Amazing catering in Savannah, GA

Reviewed on 5/16/2015 Lauren W

We are SO THANKFUL to have had Thrive Catering for our wedding reception in Savannah. After a very rocky start with our reception venue's onsite caterer, Thrive swooped in and saved us! Katherine - Thrive's catering manager - was incredible to work with. She's friendly, very... Read More responsive, and super helpful making lots of suggestions and recommendations to fit your needs/wants along the way. The only tough thing about Thrive was choosing what we wanted to serve from all of the options! :) They can definitely cater to any tastes, traditions, dietary requirements, etc. etc. We chose a buffet and it was beyond amazing! We loved it, and so did our guests. I HIGHLY recommend - you won't go wrong with this choice!

Amazing Caterer!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

We used Katherine of Thrive to serve a brunch for the family of the bride and groom and our out of towners the day after the wedding. It was amazing from start to finish! A frittata with spinach, tomato and mozzarella, pancakes with mixed berry topping, hash browns, a... Read More fruit platter and yogurt. There was also locally roasted coffee and juice. Everything was farm to table, local and fresh! It was delicious and was a wonderful day to keep the wedding weekend going. If you want a delicious, local experience, go with Thrive!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Amber H

We used them to cater our wedding.I went with them because of other reviews and I'm so glad I did! Katherine was so helpful from beginning to end and she made the whole process stress free. She even tried to help me find a reception venue. The food was great and the wedding cake... Read More was amazing!!! They really worked with me on a special menu because I have several family members with food allergies. I can personally recommend the sliders and the roasted chicken and the Mac and cheese. Everything was great!

Ms. Miranda Grose

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Miranda G

It was a pleasure working with Kathrine of Thrive catering. Thrive catering provided the hors d'oeuvre, plated dinner and dessert at my May wedding in Savannah. Kathrine provided outstanding customer service leading up to and during the event. She was extremely accommodating in... Read More adding food ideas to our order and adjusting our order at the last minute. Kathrine and Thrive also accommodated our out of town schedule and provided a lovely meal tasting to ensure we loved everything we planned to order. Kathrine and Thrive also went above and beyond for us by lending us wine glasses at the very last minute; there was a miss communication by the bar service and all they had available were plastic cups.Thrive saved us from serving wine from cheap plastic cups. Thrive also seamlessly worked with our wedding planner, alleviating any confusion and made for outstanding coordination.Our guests RAVED about the hors d'oeuvres served during cocktail hour, which included a beautiful meat and cheese platter featuring amazing candied BACON, southern style chicken and waffles and pulled pork sliders! We thoroughly enjoyed working with Kathrine and Thrive! Thanks to all of you at Thrive for serving delicious food and providing wonderful service.

Phenomenal Caterer

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Kimberly A

Thrive Catering was a pleasure to deal with. Katherine is eager and willing to make sure your day is perfect. Their menu is unique and they will work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want. Our guests said the food was the best food they have had at a wedding. I... Read More highly recommend them!

2014-05-29T10:53:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We try so hard to not be your average wedding caterer. And its events like this that make it so worth the hard work.

ECG

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Emily G

Katherine with Thrive was amazing to work with. She was very responsive, organized and helpful. She even organized the delivery of our desserts. Thrive's food is good, healthy, and unique.

Thrive Catering

Reviewed on 3/10/2014 Jessica C

I am so happy that we chose Thrive as our wedding caterer. Katherine Hankey is super friendly and helpful, and she worked with our small budget to ensure that we were still able to serve a great meal to our guests. The service and staff are fantastic, and the food is SO good... Read More (the pulled pork is my favorite) I definitely recommend Thrive to any bride in the Savannah area.

Day After Wedding Brunch

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 maria g

Excellent experience on all counts. I highly recommend Thrive Catering of Savannah, GA.

Wedding at Forsyth Park , Savannah, Ga

Reviewed on 8/15/2013

Thrive Catering and Katherine Hankey were so wonderful! Following the morning ceremony in Forsyth Park we wanted to offer guests cool refreshments and hor d ouvres to tie them over til the evening reception. They assisted us with every detail and the presentation was... Read More spectacular! The food was more than ample and delicious. Our guests were Wowed! They added that extra element that allowed out guests to savor their time and enjoy the event! Lisa Paulus Mother of the Bride Naples, Florida

Start a Conversation!