innovative fresh sustainable cuisine

Looking for the absolute best in Catering services for your Wedding or Private Party? Thrive Catering is consistently striving to remain Savannah’s top-tier, top-notch full-service Caterer. Our innovative, organic and sustainable cuisine is paired with extraordinary service to deliver an experience that will consistently exceed your expectations. We pride ourselves on our ability to flexibly accommodate groups of 5 to 500+. our fresh, contemporary menus offer diverse options – from modern buffets to dramatic cocktail stations and elegant plated dinners. We can even bake your wedding cake! We emphasize a personal approach to both our cuisine and our service. Gluten-free menus, creative vegan/vegetarian offerings, and ethnic fusions are all part of what we do. And we are Green Certified!

Cuisine

American, French, Italian, Latin American, Fusion

Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Debbie B

The wedding/reception was held at the Gingerbread House. The entire event was spectacular and Thrive Catering was truly outstanding. The entire Thrive staff, from chef/owner Wendy Armstrong to the entire team, were very easy to work with and personable yet professional. They... Read More responded quickly during the planning process and all communications were clear and right on point. The event staff was gracious, accommodating, congenial and first class. The final reception menu presented exceeded our expectations - presentations were outstanding ... and creative, action stations were staffed with friendly faces who knew exactly what they were doing ... and cooking, all food items were perfect (flavors, doneness, etc.) and were accessible to the many diverse taste buds at the reception. There were too many specific food highlights to mention but our guests raved about EVERYTHING! Very HIGH-5's all around! If we did another event in Savannah, we would make ONE phone call ... to Thrive!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Grace F

We had a Cinco de Mayo themed rehearsal dinner and Thrive did not disappoint. From the first email to the night of our dinner the Thrive team were attentive, responsive, professional and friendly. You could tell they cared about the food and your experience. We had a vegan... Read More special request and they knocked it out of the park! The vegan sweet potato and black bean empanadas were FANTASTIC!! Everything the ladies cooked was top notch. I wish we could go back and have our rehearsal dinner again, it seriously was delicious! Thank you so much to all the ladies that made our dinner so lovely and stress free!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Kelly

Thrive Catering is simply brilliant. My husband and I are from California, so planning a wedding across the country proved to be difficult. I stumbled across Thrive through my various searches and after our first phone call with Katherine, I knew we found some truly special... Read More folks. The tasting only solidified that. Meeting with Katherine (Catering Manager) and Wendy (Chef and Owner) in person really put me at ease. They took the time to hear my ideas, lend their expert knowledge, and craft a menu that was personally tailored and absolutely delicious! On our wedding day, Wendy and her team worked their magic! While the wedding party was running around taking pictures during the cocktail hour, Wendy and her manager made sure to keep us fed and brought up a tray of appetizers. (thank you for that, it was much needed!) All of our guests were blown away with the professionalism of the team and could not stop complimenting the delicious food. The biggest thing I looked for when choosing a vendor was how well we worked together. Katherine was simply amazing. She guided me through the menu selection process and wasn't afraid to lend her opinion if she had other ideas. I could not have asked for a better person to work with - she really helped to make our wedding something special! Thrive definitely takes pride in their work and the quality of their food. If you are looking for locally sourced, delicious food, with fantastic customer service that will blow your guests away - look no further!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Kevin K

If I could, I would rate Thrive with 10 stars! When everyone asks me my favorite part of the wedding, I say, when the groom and I were out taking pictures and I saw Katherine on the top of the hill waiting for us with fried green tomatoes and bacon wrapped scallops! All of our... Read More guests RAVED about the food - not only for being unique and not your typical banquet stuff, but for being delicious! The chicken n' waffles were a hit as well as the shrimp n grits and southern biscuit bar. It far exceeded our expectations! I had many guests tell me it was the best menu they have ever had at a wedding, and i would absolutely agree. I would also like to commend Katherine for her exceptional customer service. She provided us and our two picky-eating daughters with a really special and delicious Menu Tasting experience. She also answered every one of my tons of phone calls, questions and changes with such ease and quick responsiveness. She never made me feel like I was a burden, but rather like she was part of our big event. Thank you thank you for all you've done and the best food I could have ever offered to our guests!!

2016-12-19T08:45:33 Response from the vendor

Awww.. it was a true pleasure working with you and your family! We are so honored that you loved everything and we wish you all the very best as you start this next chapter in your lives together!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Michael S

Katherine and the Thrive team were amazing to work with! They were very accommodating for anyone with dietary restrictions and with any of our late changes to the menu. The food was absolutely delicious and planned perfectly. Cannot say enough wonderful things about them!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Giselle R

Thrive couldn't have been better. They're the only sustainability minded caterer in town, which was a bonus, and were incredibly kind and responsive. Katherine was quick to respond via email, which was great since we were planning from a distance. Thrive made adjustments to the... Read More menu after the tasting, which was all delicious and beautifully presented. They truly are fine dining that comes to you! They pay their staff a living wage, and that was important to us too. Our guests (and us!) had a marvelous time and as someone who's family was in the catering business there were no complaints at all. Water glasses always full, shrimp cooked perfectly, happy vegetarians and vegans, great cleanup, on time set up. Everyone on staff was very kind and the food was delicious. Thank you for working with us and your attentiveness!

2016-09-22T10:34:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We truly care about what we do and our clients events. We are so happy that you and your guests enjoyed the experience from start to finish. We will you all the very best life has to offer!

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Jessica M

The staff at Thrive goes above and beyond your needs. First class all the way. The attention to detail is top notch. As a chef myself, I could not ask for better food and service. We were taken care of from the very beginning and never had to ask for anything. Katherine made... Read More sure that the wedding party was fed first and brought food out to us while we were taking pictures. The food was amazing and we felt like family members, not clients. Our plates were served and drinks kept full without us even seeing them do it. During the tasting everything was so good and it was difficult for us to narrow it down to a wedding menu. We had MANY guests tell us it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. They are worth every penny.

Reviewed on 8/04/2016 Kristin N

They are amazing! From the moment I contacted them to after the wedding they were very easy and fun to work with, responsive and very professional. They truly made the planning experience wonderful for me and that to me is the perfect vendor to ever work with!

Reviewed on 5/26/2016

Thank YOU!! I cannot tell you how many compliments we have heard from our guests about your food! We loved it--and loved working with you! You were gracious and easy to work with and made the whole experience easy and fun!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Jody S

Thrive Catering provided a delicious buffet for my daughter's wedding. Katherine is so easy to work with -- she provided many menus from which to choose (and in our case, mix and match!), answered numerous questions and provided vegetarian options in small quantities for the... Read More bride and groom. In addition, the presentation of the taco bar was just beautiful! Thank you Katherine and the whole Thrive staff for a job well done!

Reviewed on 4/27/2016 Erika A

Having a destination wedding can be hard enough on it's own, but thanks to everyone at Thrive Catering, we were able to enjoy ourselves and have the most memorable wedding experience! We contacted Katherine after seeing good reviews on "TheKnot.com" and scheduled a tasting for... Read More the next time we would be in Savannah. At the tasting, we met Wendy, the chef, and were absolutely blown away by the food. Katherine was also able to help us by recommending other vendors for our wedding since we were from out of town. Thrive's pricing was just right and the website was easy to navigate. They were able to adjust our menu so that there was something for everyone to enjoy. On the day of our wedding, the staff arrived right on time and did a marvelous job-they really made it easy for us to enjoy everything else that was happening! I would absolutely work with Thrive again in the future!

Reviewed on 3/17/2016

This was a destination wedding so we had no knowledge of local caterers. We had rented a large home in the historic district and the owner had given us a list. My daughter was drawn to Thrive Catering because they featured locally sourced items. After a tasting, we also chose... Read More them to do the rehearsal dinner, a Low Country Boil. The food was absolutely delicious for both events, beautifully presented as well. Our guests raved about the food. The staff could not have been more helpful and gracious. Katherine Hankey, the catering manager, was so helpful from beginning to end in choosing items to serve, ideas for setup, etc. I can't say enough nice things about her and her staff! They were a big part of it being a fabulous weekend!!

Reviewed on 11/11/2015

Thrive catering did the food for my daughter's wedding reception and we were beyond pleased. From the time we contacted them until the reception, the staff was incredibly helpful. This was a destination wedding and we were not able to taste the food ahead of time. We were a... Read More bit concerned about that but when we tasted the food, all concerns went away. The chicken and the macaroni and cheese were the best food I had in Savannah. I would recommend them to anyone looking for catering in Savannah.

The best experience ever

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Lizzy K

Thrive catering literally is the reason our wedding went as smoothly as it did. Katherine and her team are attentive and wonderful to work with. We live in Augusta and when we had our tasting in savannah we went in at 11:30 with another tasting at a different catering place at... Read More 5:00pm. After meeting with Katherine and the chef, we called the other company informing them that we were no longer in need of their services. They were fantastic. They helped clean up champagne glasses that were brought from another rental company and my husband had asked them to help with setting up cupcakes if he wasn't there and when he came back they were set up perfectly. I would 100% recommend thrive, their food was fantastic and was only overshadowed by how wonderful the staff was.

Thrive

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 Brooke

The food at our wedding was amazing! The guests have been raving since the wedding about how wonderful all the appetizers and the main course stations were! We also had Thrive make our wedding cake and cupcakes, and we were not disappointed! It was beautiful and it tasted... Read More amazing! Katherine was so helpful and she was wonderful to work with during the process of planning out our menu in our price range. All of the staff that worked our wedding were amazing and very friendly! I don't have one bad thing to say! Highly recommend this company to anybody needing any kind of catering!

Best Catering!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Courtney J

We hired Thrive for our wedding on May 23, 2015. It was the best wedding food I've ever experienced! Everyone was very friendly and professional. The food was plated so wonderfully, and tasted amazing. Our guests had nothing but great things to say about their dinners and... Read More desserts. Katherine was so helpful throughout the process. I can't recommend Thrive Catering enough!

Amazing catering in Savannah, GA

Reviewed on 5/16/2015 Lauren W

We are SO THANKFUL to have had Thrive Catering for our wedding reception in Savannah. After a very rocky start with our reception venue's onsite caterer, Thrive swooped in and saved us! Katherine - Thrive's catering manager - was incredible to work with. She's friendly, very... Read More responsive, and super helpful making lots of suggestions and recommendations to fit your needs/wants along the way. The only tough thing about Thrive was choosing what we wanted to serve from all of the options! :) They can definitely cater to any tastes, traditions, dietary requirements, etc. etc. We chose a buffet and it was beyond amazing! We loved it, and so did our guests. I HIGHLY recommend - you won't go wrong with this choice!

Amazing Caterer!

Reviewed on 10/10/2014

We used Katherine of Thrive to serve a brunch for the family of the bride and groom and our out of towners the day after the wedding. It was amazing from start to finish! A frittata with spinach, tomato and mozzarella, pancakes with mixed berry topping, hash browns, a... Read More fruit platter and yogurt. There was also locally roasted coffee and juice. Everything was farm to table, local and fresh! It was delicious and was a wonderful day to keep the wedding weekend going. If you want a delicious, local experience, go with Thrive!

Simply Amazing

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Amber H

We used them to cater our wedding.I went with them because of other reviews and I'm so glad I did! Katherine was so helpful from beginning to end and she made the whole process stress free. She even tried to help me find a reception venue. The food was great and the wedding cake... Read More was amazing!!! They really worked with me on a special menu because I have several family members with food allergies. I can personally recommend the sliders and the roasted chicken and the Mac and cheese. Everything was great!

Ms. Miranda Grose

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Miranda G

It was a pleasure working with Kathrine of Thrive catering. Thrive catering provided the hors d'oeuvre, plated dinner and dessert at my May wedding in Savannah. Kathrine provided outstanding customer service leading up to and during the event. She was extremely accommodating in... Read More adding food ideas to our order and adjusting our order at the last minute. Kathrine and Thrive also accommodated our out of town schedule and provided a lovely meal tasting to ensure we loved everything we planned to order. Kathrine and Thrive also went above and beyond for us by lending us wine glasses at the very last minute; there was a miss communication by the bar service and all they had available were plastic cups.Thrive saved us from serving wine from cheap plastic cups. Thrive also seamlessly worked with our wedding planner, alleviating any confusion and made for outstanding coordination.Our guests RAVED about the hors d'oeuvres served during cocktail hour, which included a beautiful meat and cheese platter featuring amazing candied BACON, southern style chicken and waffles and pulled pork sliders! We thoroughly enjoyed working with Kathrine and Thrive! Thanks to all of you at Thrive for serving delicious food and providing wonderful service.

Phenomenal Caterer

Reviewed on 5/28/2014 Kimberly A

Thrive Catering was a pleasure to deal with. Katherine is eager and willing to make sure your day is perfect. Their menu is unique and they will work with you to make sure you get exactly what you want. Our guests said the food was the best food they have had at a wedding. I... Read More highly recommend them!

2014-05-29T10:53:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. We try so hard to not be your average wedding caterer. And its events like this that make it so worth the hard work.

ECG

Reviewed on 5/16/2014 Emily G

Katherine with Thrive was amazing to work with. She was very responsive, organized and helpful. She even organized the delivery of our desserts. Thrive's food is good, healthy, and unique.

Thrive Catering

Reviewed on 3/10/2014 Jessica C

I am so happy that we chose Thrive as our wedding caterer. Katherine Hankey is super friendly and helpful, and she worked with our small budget to ensure that we were still able to serve a great meal to our guests. The service and staff are fantastic, and the food is SO good... Read More (the pulled pork is my favorite) I definitely recommend Thrive to any bride in the Savannah area.

Unforgettable Thanksgiving Feast!

Reviewed on 1/06/2014 Arianne M

I cannot say enough about Katherine Hankey and the entire Thrive catering team. Katherine started working with me several months out from the wedding and was always on point with questions and e-mails. She has world-class communication skills. She helped make my dreams come... Read More true in a way that was even more elegant than I expected. Definitely my favorite wedding vendor! We had a cocktail hour as well as a sit-down Thanksgiving dinner at our wedding reception, and from my perspective it all went beyond smooth. The staff was on-time, prepared, and personable. Their organization and creativity amounted in an unforgettable feast for me and my family on a very special day.

Day After Wedding Brunch

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 maria g

Excellent experience on all counts. I highly recommend Thrive Catering of Savannah, GA.

Wendy Armstrong

Chef Wendy Armstrong, owner, grew up in the verdant green mountains of VT, and was fortunate to come to Savannah with a scholarship to SCAD. However she soon found her artistic passions leaning towards the culinary side. She became a chef on private yachts, and travelled for 14 years learning much about different national cuisines. She took further classes at the CIA in NY, in Florence, Italy, and in Mexico. Feeling strongly about nature and authentic nourishing food, Wendy started Thrive Catering, working with local farms, and using eco-friendly methods in all of its business practices.