Top Shelf Bartending Service

Are you looking for fun, experienced and energetic bartenders for your next event? Well you have come to the right place. Our bartenders are fully insured, very outgoing and love to mix drinks. Please check out our website or call us today for a quote. We can customize a package for you.

Bar + Drinks

Bartenders, Beer, Champagne, Liquor, Signature Cocktails, Wine

1306 SW Market St Ste B, Kansas City & Beyond, MO Greater Kansas City area (816) 554-6700

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Erin D

Top Shelf did an amazing job! They made it so we didn't have to worry about our bar at all - that's a huge deal! Their team was always super fast to respond to questions and were very accommodating to any special requests we had. Their flexibility and professionalism made the... Read More process very easy! At the wedding they made sure we had drinks while we were having dinner and making the rounds to greet our guests, as we were unable to get to the bar. They were very attentive! Our guests had nothing but great things to say about them as well! We would definitely recommend their services to anyone and plan to use them again, should we need bar services in the future!

AMAZING

Reviewed on 9/20/2013 Sarah S

The Top Self team ROCKED my wedding! They did an amazing job keeping everything going and there was never to long of a wait at the bar! They went out of their way to take care of an issue that happened at the bar and didn't bother us with it! They spoke with our wedding... Read More planner and did what we would have told them to do. I would say they were our TOP vendor at our wedding, so easy to work with and so accommodating! Would use them again for holiday functions or recommend them to friends when they get married. Don't waste your time by trying other companies, or think you'll save a tiny bit of money by getting your own booze. The week of you're wedding the less you have to worry about the better and after you meet with them you won't ever think about the bar again!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Bridget S

Top shelf was amazing! They worked so efficiently, not once did I see a line for the bar!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Jessica M

Are you trying to decide on a bartending company that is great & affordable? Top Shelf Bartending comes HIGHLY recommended by me!!! I was actually recommended by my venue to use Top Shelf & I am truly blessed that I was. They were super easy to work with, the staff was... Read More awesome! When I initially started looking, I asked them for advise; I asked what the difference was for me to do one or two bar locations (my venue was 2 levels). They were quick to let me know my savings or spending for doing such things. Top Shelf never tried to up-sell me into anything, in fact I felt like overall they helped me to save money!! Again, I highly recommend Top Shelf for any party - I would 100% use them again! THANK YOU TOP SHELF FOR BEING A PART OF MY WEDDING CELEBRATION!

Reviewed on 8/10/2017 Bobbie M

We called Top Shelf at the last minute....less than 2 weeks before our son's wedding!!! They were amazing to work with. So thorough and very helpful. Their bartenders were great! I would definitely use them again.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Michele G

I have been working with Top Shelf and they are by far the most professional and knowledgeable service to work with! Their bartenders are TOP NOTCH and go above and beyond to help in all areas and provide the best service! I could not ask for a better company to provide bar... Read More service for our events! They are always on time, professional and accommodating no mater what the circumstance. I cannot say enough good things about this company!

Reviewed on 8/08/2017 Christine B

I cannot recommend Top Shelf highly enough. Their bartenders are very professional, their customer service in the planning stages is excellent, and at the end of the day they will probably save you a good chunk of change. What do I mean? Well, first of all, their prices for all... Read More beverages are VERY reasonable. Secondly, any unopened bottles get returned and you are not charged for unopened alcohol. This is not the policy of many other bartending services and this can lead to significant savings at the end of an event (in my case around $500). TopShelf all the way.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Naomi H

Top shelf saved me! I had originally booked another bar service that ended up not working out and Top Shelf came through amazingly for me! They were extremely good at communicating and taking care of all my requests and update before the day of. Day of, the bartenders were... Read More awesome--always make sure the guests as well as my husband and I were taken care of!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Cara U

Top Shelf did an amazing job at our wedding! Bree especially was extremely helpful and nice. I love how we saved money at the end of the night and also got to keep the leftover alcohol. We were very pleased with this company!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Mindy L

Highly recommend working with Top Shelf for supplying liquor. Easy to work with while determining types and quantities of liquor needed. I liked that they expected some liquor to get returned and did not want us to run out. I received quotes from other vendors that were trying... Read More to determine the exact amount, but didn't like the increase risk of running out of anything. We did get low on some cups, but they were delivered before running out AND during a large rain storm. The liquor that we didn't use was picked up from the venue and deducted from my invoice as expected.

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Lindsey G

Top Shelf is amazing. They were super affordable, not to mention the service was great. They always responded to emails in a timely matter and everyone at our wedding was more than pleased with the bar staff. We chose to serve signature cocktails at our wedding and had the... Read More opportunity to meet beforehand to sample everything and it was all fantastic. I would recommend Top Shelf to everyone hosting a wedding or any other event!

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Shannon R

The Top Shelf Team surpassed my expectations! They worked with me no matter how many times I changed my order and were very helpful when it came to deciding which alcohol to serve. When if came to the day of, the bartenders were amazing!! Right when we walked into the reception,... Read More one of them was right there waiting to take our drink orders and brought them to us throughout the night. They even took care of the head table during dinner which was above and beyond what they had to do. We heard many comments about how fun and nice they were. I would recommend Top Shelf to everyone!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Mariam L

Top Shelf did an incredible job on our wedding! They were so professional, affordable and made the night enjoyable for everyone! We even got a refund for the bottles that weren't opened. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Hannah L

We used top shelf because it was a preferred vendor at our event space. We chose to do an open bar because we had heard that since they also own a liquor store they buy back any unopened bottle or cases. My wife's family is not big drinkers and my family is hit or miss on... Read More drinking. At first I was not a fan with the invoice they gave me with the menu they provided. I kept emailing them asking questions and trying to reduce the numbers. The owner finally called me herself and talked to me and explained their method. I kept adding and subtracting things, they were super patient. In the end we only paid the 75% because there was some left over. The bartender was friendly and professional. I opted to just giving him $100 (required) instead of a tip jar but turns out he was still taking tips. Wasn't too happy about that. I would recommend the company for your event.

2017-06-26T22:17:39 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your kind words and are glad you were happy with our pricing structure. In regards to the tip I would love to explain. We always try to tell our clients... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Christina K

Great service! Easy to work with, the staff at our wedding reception was friendly, fast, and professional!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Chris H

Top Shelf gets top marks from me for their professionalism and quality service. Very convenient, flexible with beverage selections, and they let you settle the last 25% of your bill after the event so that the cost of any unopened alcohol can be credited back against your... Read More outstanding balance. I would happily use them in the future.

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Anna I

Top Shelf was amazing to work with! The entire event went very smoothly, bartenders were professional, and I had no complaints. Everyone had a fantastic time. The best part about working with Top Shelf was how easy they were to get in contact with. Any changes, last minute... Read More questions or updates were communicated clearly and helped relieve some of the stress associated with wedding planning. I would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Frank E

Top Shelf Liquor did an amazing job at my wedding. We never ran out of liquor and ended up getting money back after it was all said and done. We also got a great deal for full bar with 350 guests.

Reviewed on 5/23/2017

This company was a real pleasure to work with at my daughters wedding, and that's putting it WAY too mildly. Any and all questions were easily answered! Very prompt, professional, and knowledgeable! The entire process was just so very seamless and stress-free. If you don't... Read More want to struggle with providing the drinks for all your guests at your event, you just need to talk to Bre. Enough said!!

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Jessica S

Absolutely loved Top shelf! They were very professional, friendly, and easy going. They remembered all my guest drinks fairly quickly, were always ready to serve, and treated everyone with respect! I would recommend them to anyone looking for bar tending services. I'll... Read More definitely use them again if I have an event that requires alcohol!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Kara B

Top Shelf supplied and bar tended my wedding this past weekend. They were great to work with! They put up with me changing my order over and over, were very quick to respond every time, and were affordable. You only pay around 75% of your invoice before the event and they either... Read More pay you and buy back what isn't used or, if you go over, you pay the rest after. They make sure to bring a lot though so I'm not sure how common that is. I highly suggest them!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Katherine W

Top Shelf was so helpful and understanding through the entire process! I had a hard time gauging how much of what alcohol we would need, and their staff in their office took time with me and accommodated us in every way.. even when I had my fiancé call and order more beer the... Read More week of! Definitely a great hire - The night of, there was not one thing to do with the bar that I had to worry about. Hire them!

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Kelley H

We were recommended Top Shelf Bartending by our venue management. Although we could bring our own beverages into the venue, we quickly decided that it would be so much easier to hire a professional. The best part is that the remaining 25% of the bill is settled after your... Read More event date, so in our case we actually got refunded some of our money. If we were going to buy the liquor ourselves anyway, then we might as well pay the retail pricing (which is what this is) and not have extra leftovers to deal with. Other companies we looked at either had you pay per guest or pay by the drink, both of which would have been WAY more expensive. We also happened to have our reception on a Sunday, so we didn't know what to expect as far as drink consumption. We had a great event and were extremely pleased with our bartender, Lance. Several guests specifically mentioned to me how friendly and attentive he was in the following days. He went out of his way to make the day as special as possible. He even came over and refilled our drinks while we sat down to dinner! I was totally impressed and made sure to tell the venue management and Top Shelf how excellent everything turned out. Thanks!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Abbie R

Top Shelf was amazing. They were extremely friendly and very professional from the beginning. They responded quickly to any questions I had, gave me very accurate and reasonable quotes, and had a variety of options to fit my budget. Besides emailing them, which was always a... Read More pleasure, I literally didn't have to worry about a thing. They showed up the day of, brought the alcohol we discussed in the emails, provided excellent service (even poured and brought my hubby and I a glass of champagne for the BM/MOH toasts) and packed up at the end of the night. We literally didn't lift a finger when it came to the bartending/alcohol. They also deduct any unopened alcohol from the remainder you owe them, so you aren't paying for alcohol you didn't use. Super awesome, super easy, super professional and friendly. Totally recommend!!!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Hannah C

Top Shelf Bartending was an amazing service for our wedding. They were incredibly professional start to finish in our planning process. We were able to sample our signature drink and approve it prior to the reception and it was delicious. Our bartenders were so polite and... Read More attentive to our guests as well as coming up to the head table for our Bridal Party frequently. Their selection is immense, and we couldn't have asked for an easier vendor to work with. They made our reception a wonderful one!