#1 in CT 4 DJ services, photo towers & LED lights!

I'm Jay Raven, Connecticut's award winning wedding entertainment specialist and morning show radio host. At Total Events we plan & execute the best wedding entertainment for your ceremony & reception! Industry recognized Total Events has Connecticut's best wedding DJ's, beautiful wedding Uplighting, exciting Open Air Photo Booth's, and professional event planning! With over twenty years experience in radio entertainment and live events, and happy couples from successful weddings the last decade, ours is the one service that truly listens to your vision to make your dreams a reality on your special day. Total Events is the only CT company Wedding MBA Certified three times! If it's your wedding reception celebration, corporate function, or birthday event, it just has to be perfect.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

96 Meadowood Drive, Middletown, CT All of New England (860) 597-9808

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Colin L

Jay, Matt and Total Events were awesome to work with throughout the wedding process and set the prefect soundtrack to our perfect day. We met with Jay and could tell right off the bat that he had the knowledge, experience and personality to understand what we wanted and how to... Read More make that vision happen for the wedding day. The online system that Total Events uses was really easy to use and super helpful for us because it ensured no details were missed, and allowed us to show our personality through our music choices. We also had a pretty complex set up with three sound systems needed as well as lighting to be provided by Total Events. Having all of that taken care of by one team made it nice and easy and the lighting was an absolutely perfect accent to the room (which made for some great pictures). I would say I’m a control freak when it comes to music and Matt and Jay understood and accommodated a bunch of my requests, questions and concerns leading up to and on the day itself. Matt played the songs that meant the most to us, avoided the songs we hate while keeping the energy high on the dance floor all night. People were literally getting up between meal courses because they wanted to keep dancing, and we have never danced so much in one night. We would definitely recommend Total Events for your day as they will take good care of you and make sure you and your guests have a wedding you’ll remember forever!

2017-07-18T06:53:50 Response from the vendor

What a party, what a night, what a beautiful couple! Colin & Melanie, we had a blast!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Michael R

I knew from day one that Jay, Derek, and the whole total events crew was the absolute best choice for our wedding. I met Jay at a coffee shop and he took over an hour just to iron out every detail and more importantly make sure I had no questions or concerns. Jay is just a... Read More really good guy. He takes care in having multiple calls leading up to the wedding to make sure you are comfortable with everything going on. His expertise in weddings will help you along the way as well. He asked some questions about the structure of our wedding that helped us realize we forgot a few things!!! Talk about life saver. The entire process of song choice/timing/other preferences can be conducted completly online as well. The dashboard that Total Events uses to allow you to really dictate the music in your wedding is amazing. This is a huge point. Jay makes sure it stays your wedding. All the music you choose is played and everything else is tailored to that style. It's not one of those situations where the DJ just takes over and plays what they want. Derek was out DJ for the event and wow, was he something else. I've persoanlly never gone to a wedding and after said "that was a great DJ". I have lost count of how many people have made a point of saying how great he was and how fun his music selection was. We put some time into choosing a good deal of songs and all of the others that Derek chose fit right in. People were up and dancing for what seemed like the whole night, and by people, I mean EVERYONE! Just a flat out amazing night from Derek. From start to finish the whole crew at Total Events just made this easy. In a world of stress and planning every little thing for a wedding, they were a godsend.

2017-07-10T12:19:34 Response from the vendor

So glad we were together to help bring your celebration to fruition! Nothing feels better than reading your comments and reliving the moments of a wonderful night!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Katlyn B

Total Events was the clear the choice from the beginning. Working with Jay to coordinate and plan everything was a breeze! He felt like a long lost cousin who wanted to enjoy the party just as much as we did. Our DJ Jesse was awesome! We set up our requested playlist ahead of... Read More time to give him an idea of the music we wanted and throughout the night we kept hearing every song we requested! Jesse kept a nice range of music and made everyone feel welcome on the dance floor from the 6 year olds to the 96 year old! Couldn't have been happier!

2017-07-10T12:23:06 Response from the vendor

A well executed plan makes it so easy to have the most fun at a wedding... like ever! Thanks for having Total Events on your special day!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Brianna V

We did everything remotely from Kansas City and they were great to work with. Very responsive to messages and definitely there to provide helpful advice. Our guests had a great time listening to Matt DJ and he kept everything on track. In the middle of our reception we had to... Read More change the timeline of which we did things and Matt was able to go along with the flow. They specifically ask what you do and do not want. They provided us with a photo booth photo album and Mr/Mrs Tshirts which was sweet. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/15/2017 michael m

Stop wondering if Total Events is any good...They are the best!!! From first inquiring to after wedding is over, Total Events, Jay Raven and Dj Derek make it incredibly easy to plan your wedding without issues. Jay was always quick to respond to any questions we may have had... Read More and after talking to him a couple of times he put Dj Derek on as our Dj. I can not say enough about how great Dj Derek is, He showed up early, set up quickly and was very professional. The up lighting was great, made the room change colors and some cool pictures. The music was incredible. Everyone from my 80 year old father to my 20 year old niece commented on how great the music was. Dj Derek is amazing at playing music that everyone wants to hear, something I didn't think was possible. But he pulled it off with ease. Dj Derek went beyond being just a Dj with constantly checking with us to see if everything was going ok or if we needed anything. I could go on and on but just save yourself the time and stop looking for a Dj, up lighting or photo booth, just go to ctprodj.com and book with Jay and Dj Derek now before someone else gets your date. You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Katelyn M

Amazing music at our wedding. Everyone had a blast. The music got all age groups dancing. Total events organized music for our ceremony and reception. Derek was amazing. Thank you so much!

2017-07-10T12:21:18 Response from the vendor

Every wedding is unique, we look to make every celebration one to remember! Thank you for thinking of us!

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Steven W

Easy to get along and works hard to make your night special will reccomend him to anyone looking for a dj.

2017-07-10T12:24:54 Response from the vendor

There's enough stress involved whenever planning a once in a lifetime party, we always look to make it easy for our client's! Thank you for your message...:)

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Jenna K

My husband and I used Total Events for DJ and photo booth at our wedding 12/2016 and were so happy we did! The owner Jay was able to speak with us after hours to explain a bit about the company and the process, but was not pushy at all. We were set up to have Matt as our DJ... Read More and were thrilled with his work. His organization of the songs helped keep everyone dancing throughout the entire event. We were also able to speak with Matt before the wedding to discuss some specifics we were looking for. He was happy to hear our thoughts and implement our requests. We received multiple compliments on not only the music but also Matt. He was professionally present - made announcements we asked him to make but did not use the mic too much to take away from the music. The photo tower was a huge hit and they even gave us a booklet as part of the package with pictures from the book. Guests were able to write on the pages, so it was more personal. After the wedding, we emailed Jay to see if we could get the pictures in another format so we could make copies or enlarge them and the disk was sent very promptly. My only regret is that we didn't book the reception and Total Events for longer! I would absolutely use Total Events again in the future.

2017-07-10T12:26:50 Response from the vendor

If only party's like this could go on the entire weekend, wait that gives me an idea! Lol, just proud to have helped your celebration form the timeless memory you'll always think of fondly!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Lauren K

Jay Raven and his team (especially Derrick) were absolutely phenomenal with giving my husband and I the party atmosphere that we wanted! We have had a DJ switch during the reception and it was seamless. There was a great mix of classics, 2000's and today's music which is exactly... Read More what we were looking for. We also had a photobooth and every one said what a big hit it was. Jay was always responsive, and a straight shooter which I really appreciated. We wish we could go back and relive it over and over again! Highly recommend Total Events and their services!

2017-07-10T12:28:31 Response from the vendor

A lovely evening and a story book celebration! We truly enjoyed your family, the photo countdowns and throwbacks, and that's before the reception even began! Thanks for trusting Total Events!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Daniel L

I do not have enough good things to say about Total Events and Jay Raven, the DJ at my wedding. He was thoroughly professional and easy to work with. Concerning the DJ aspect of the wedding, he made it so there was zero stress going into our big day. After two brief meetings... Read More with him, we were ecstatic to find that the music for the entire day of our wedding, including introductions and announcements, were all taken care of. From the moment dinner was over until the final song, he kept the dance floor packed with our guests, who are of all ages. Without a doubt, we would hire Mr. Raven and his crew again in a heartbeat. Even more so, I highly recommend requesting Jesse for the uplighting! He did an amazing job. It made the room pop and the amount of compliments we received from our guests were high. It was a classy yet extremely fun addition. Thank you Jay Raven, Jesse, and Total Events to help make our wedding a day we will surely never forget!

2017-07-10T12:30:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the review guys! Jesse and I had a wonderful time on your special day! Glad it was stress free and all you could imagine!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Daniel L

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Amanda S

Jay is a pleasure to work with and made the process very easy! Matt, our DJ had our guests dancing all night and the room looked beautiful thanks to Jesse's up-lighting! Definitely recommend!

2017-07-10T12:32:09 Response from the vendor

Matt's vast experience and Wedding MBA certification make him a great bet for any setting. So glad he and Jesse made your reception rock!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Elisa F

Overall, I was really pleased with Total Events. Derek was our DJ and he was fun, energetic and accommodating. Unfortunately, there a few things that I wished would have gone different. 1. Dinner music could have been shorter to get people up and dancing sooner. Also, some... Read More of the songs played during the meal where not upbeat (Sorry seems to be the hardest word would not have been my choice) 2. Many of my family/friends had a hard time understanding what was being announced. 3. Some of the songs that I chose were not played (this could have been because I filled out the form wrong) However, overall...everyone had a great time.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Angela M

Our experience with Matt from Total Events was fantastic! As our DJ, Matt went above and beyond to help my husband and I with our special day before and during the wedding. He was very down-to-earth and easy to work with, making sure to go over the details with us prior to the... Read More event so that he had a clear idea of what we were looking for. From the great selection of music (that had the crowd dancing all night long) to his friendly and knowledgeable demeanor, we're really happy to have chosen him as our DJ and couldn't recommend him enough.

2017-07-10T12:34:38 Response from the vendor

Planning your wedding should be a happy time! That's why we're always available to alleviate the trying times when putting together your big day! Thanks for having Total Events at your celebration!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Heather J

If you are seeking the "fairytale" wedding, hiring Total Events is a must! From the very first meeting, until the very end of our wedding night, everything was perfect! Not only are they professional and personable, but they truly care about you and your event. Our DJ Matt kept... Read More the party alive and Jesse made sure the uplighting was on point and the photo booth was a huge hit with our guests. We highly recommend Total Events. We've been to several weddings since ours and our friends keep talking about how awesome our wedding was!

2017-07-10T12:36:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the thoughtful review guys! You looked just like a princess...:)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kristin E

Easy to work with! Kept the dance floor packed. I would highly recommend.

2017-07-10T12:36:28 Response from the vendor

We take your vision and bring it to life!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Michelle L

Matt from Total Events did and incredible job, our wedding was amazing and Matt is one of the main reasons! Excellent music, attention to detail, and overall just fun to be around. He was incredibly responsive in the planning phases, extremely personable, and flexible. He made... Read More sure everything went smooth and on time. Everyone danced the entire night and had a blast! I highly highly recommend Total Events for weddings and special occasions!

2017-07-10T12:37:33 Response from the vendor

We're available for our client's throughout the entire process from booking until the final minute of your celebration! Thanks for trusting Total Events!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kristen S

Total Events was great to work with. Jay Raven really helped us to understand the process of booking DJ services and all that goes into it; for example, the number of systems necessary for each part of the evening, the various songs needed, recommendations for songs, etc.... Read More Their online system also made it super easy to relay the music pieces we chose with little to no confusion. Jay Raven was also kind enough to send us pictures of reception areas with uplighting when we weren't certain if we would like to add this feature - we ultimately added uplighting and were very pleased with the end result (thanks Jesse!). Thanks to DJ Matt the dance floor was packed all night long... there were even mini dance parties going on near the tables when the dance floor became too packed!

2017-07-10T12:38:31 Response from the vendor

From the windows to the walls! We are going to make your part fun and memorable! Thanks guys!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 LeighAnne P

We were so happy to choose Total Events for our DJ Services for our wedding which took place at Candlelight Farms Inn in New Milford, CT. Jay did a remarkable job not only getting everyone on the dance floor but keeping them there. Jay was also able to alter some of our songs we... Read More requested i.e first dance, father/daughter, etc. for no extra charge. Total Events also did our up lighting, which was done so beautifully in our tent. He was incredibly responsive via email and we were able to video chat with him several times prior to the wedding. Although we were both unsure what we wanted in some aspects in terms of music choice, Jay read the crowd perfectly and kept us dancing all evening. Everyone was drenched by the end of the night, which usually signifies a good time.

2017-07-10T12:39:31 Response from the vendor

Towels and hoses in the parking lot, let's dance! Thanks for having me!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Emily B

How do I even start to explain the amazing job Total Events did on our wedding this past weekend (September 17th, 2016). From the moment our DJ, Jay Raven, arrived to the venue to when he packed up his equipment, there was total professionalism. I had no doubt in my mind that... Read More everything would be perfect, and I was right!! Jay did an absolutely incredible job queuing me to start walking down the aisle with my dad, at the cocktail hour, announcing all of the bridal party, and engaging my guests to dance. The mix of music that was played was perfect and made our wedding 100% better; the dance floor was NEVER empty!!! Jay double checked with me on every request and diffused family situations for us without any stress!!! I am so grateful for Jay at Total Events! Without him, we never would have had the most perfect day that he created! I recommend Total Events for any event, especially weddings!!!!

2017-07-10T12:40:49 Response from the vendor

A professional, elegant, fun presentation every time! We do our best to deliver the wedding celebration of your dreams... thanks guys!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Mellissa N

Total events DJ services made our wedding the party it should be. All of the employees were very helpful and made our day unique to our needs. Would recommend total events for all occasions. Affordable, easy, reliable, fun.

2017-07-10T12:43:22 Response from the vendor

A team effort makes for great results! Thank you for the review and your work!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Megan C

Total Events was easy to work with, friendly, helpful and kept the party going all night long!

2017-07-10T12:43:58 Response from the vendor

So happy to help make the day a huge success, thanks to you both!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Elizabeth R

Matt Sirois was our DJ for our wedding on May 29th 2016 at the Lace Factory and I couldn't speak more highly of him. Leading up to the wedding, he made sure every detail was in place and I was 100% satisfied with everything. His music selection, aside from what I chose, was... Read More perfect. I truly believe the music can make or break a wedding so putting trust into a DJ was nerve wracking for me but there wasn't a moment when the dance floor was empty. We are still getting compliments about how awesome the night was and a big chunk of that is owed to Matt and Total Events!!

2017-07-10T12:44:54 Response from the vendor

We want to be the best wedding you and your family can ever remember attending! Thank you for your trust in Total Events!

The What You Want Experience

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 erik l

Comfortable. Easy. Professional. What you want when you want it. Awesome to work with! I connected with Jay from my first call and, my fiancé had the same experience when they spoke! We felt relaxed and that we had found a real partner to guide us along the way. Jay helped us... Read More realize our visions and turn them into reality! Their site was very user friendly which made song selection easy. We used up-lighting so we could really enhance the look and feel of our venue and again, Jay and his light tech Mike, made our day seem less! I actually had guests complement me on my DJ choice during the reception! Everyone loved the music selection, look and feel of it all...great people to work with! I can't say enough...Jay, Thank you for making our day fun for everyone! Erik & Pamela

2015-10-20T06:31:31 Response from the vendor

As wedding entertainers the best connection we can have with our clients is evident when the party is over and WE wish it could go on longer! It's a rarity to enjoy ones profession that much, but with a couple like you guys it's easy...:)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

The perfect DJ and Photo Tower for our wedding! Jay Raven was such an amazing DJ. He was so easy to work with, responsive and helpful with any questions we had, and did a wonderful job at our wedding! We received numerous compliments about our DJ and the music played.. it was... Read More exactly the type of dance party we were hoping for! The Photo Tower was also great! Everyone had a blast with all of the props, and the attendants were so helpful and polite. The scrapbook provided for the bride and groom was my favorite part, and such a great keepsake! Highly recommended :)

2015-10-20T06:36:31 Response from the vendor

What a beautiful night at Aria with Greg and Jacklyn! A BIG wedding that was so natural and smooth it had the feel of an intimate event. We are so glad you were equally pleased with the photo tower and scrapbook! You and your guests... Read Less Read More

Jay Raven

Owner Jay Raven has been in entertainment since 1995. A popular radio host in Hartford, Boston, Providence, and Southern Connecticut he has hosted, created and produced events with 30-30,000 guests at arenas, casinos & stadiums DJ'ing many of the hottest night clubs in Boston and Hartford. As a wedding specialist he's preformed for celebrities, professionals, and the happiest couple's in New England! Raven has completed the National Wedding MBA in Las Vegas three times, trained with The Knot's Carley Roney & Chauvet Lighting, and remains available to each and every client until the honeymoon!