#1 in CT 4 DJ services, photo towers & LED lights!

I'm Jay Raven, Connecticut's award winning wedding entertainment specialist and morning show radio host. At Total Events we plan & execute the best wedding entertainment for your ceremony & reception! Industry recognized Total Events has Connecticut's best wedding DJ's, beautiful wedding Uplighting, exciting Open Air Photo Booth's, and professional event planning! With over twenty years experience in radio entertainment and live events, and happy couples from successful weddings the last decade, ours is the one service that truly listens to your vision to make your dreams a reality on your special day. Total Events is the only CT company Wedding MBA Certified three times! If it's your wedding reception celebration, corporate function, or birthday event, it just has to be perfect.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

96 Meadowood Drive, Middletown, CT All of New England (860) 597-9808

LOVE THIS DJ

Reviewed on 10/08/2015 Heather M

Words cannot express our gratitude! Total Events ran our wedding, from the minute they arrived until they left they kept us on task, provided exemplarily service and we had a blast!! I am so happy we were referred to them by another happy couple. Thank you Total Events... Read More for making our wedding a success. We love you! Heather

2015-10-08T15:10:26 Response from the vendor

A beautiful celebration that had all your special details..:) We loved helping bring it all together for you Heather and Guy! - Jay, Sean, and Jesse

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Rachel W

Total Events made our wedding day an amazing night we will not soon forget! From our initial meeting with Jay, we had full trust he understood exactly what we wanted for music from start to finish of our reception. The night went perfect, and both Matt and his team were in... Read More contact with us before the date, making me feel completely at ease as a bride. They were professional, funny, and I highly recommend them for any event, but especially for a wedding!!

2015-10-08T15:12:16 Response from the vendor

Loved your guys excellent touches... Dan looked like James Bond! Rachel we cannot wait to share some of your photos, just flawless!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Griffin F

From start to finish Total events was absolutely the best DJ service I could have asked for. We have been told by so many of our guests that our wedding was one of the best they have ever been to and that the music was fantastic. Beyond a great DJ service both Jay and Matt where... Read More so supportive and available for anything I needed, it was like being taken care of by two big brothers! There are so many things running through your mind as the wedding day approaches and it was a great comfort knowing I had them in my corner. I knew no matter what happened they would do everything they could to make it a magical day. It was obvious that they really cared about their work and us. I couldn't have asked for anything more and I will be telling everyone I know how absolutely fantastic they are. If you start with these guys you wont need to look any farther they are amazing!!!!

2015-10-08T15:14:11 Response from the vendor

Even a hurricane couldn't touch your day Griffin and Jonathan! Happy to deliver for such a wonderfully pleasant couple!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Jenna K

My husband and I used Total Events for DJ and photo booth at our wedding 12/2016 and were so happy we did! The owner Jay was able to speak with us after hours to explain a bit about the company and the process, but was not pushy at all. We were set up to have Matt as our DJ... Read More and were thrilled with his work. His organization of the songs helped keep everyone dancing throughout the entire event. We were also able to speak with Matt before the wedding to discuss some specifics we were looking for. He was happy to hear our thoughts and implement our requests. We received multiple compliments on not only the music but also Matt. He was professionally present - made announcements we asked him to make but did not use the mic too much to take away from the music. The photo tower was a huge hit and they even gave us a booklet as part of the package with pictures from the book. Guests were able to write on the pages, so it was more personal. After the wedding, we emailed Jay to see if we could get the pictures in another format so we could make copies or enlarge them and the disk was sent very promptly. My only regret is that we didn't book the reception and Total Events for longer! I would absolutely use Total Events again in the future.

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Lauren K

Jay Raven and his team (especially Derrick) were absolutely phenomenal with giving my husband and I the party atmosphere that we wanted! We have had a DJ switch during the reception and it was seamless. There was a great mix of classics, 2000's and today's music which is exactly... Read More what we were looking for. We also had a photobooth and every one said what a big hit it was. Jay was always responsive, and a straight shooter which I really appreciated. We wish we could go back and relive it over and over again! Highly recommend Total Events and their services!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Daniel L

I do not have enough good things to say about Total Events and Jay Raven, the DJ at my wedding. He was thoroughly professional and easy to work with. Concerning the DJ aspect of the wedding, he made it so there was zero stress going into our big day. After two brief meetings... Read More with him, we were ecstatic to find that the music for the entire day of our wedding, including introductions and announcements, were all taken care of. From the moment dinner was over until the final song, he kept the dance floor packed with our guests, who are of all ages. Without a doubt, we would hire Mr. Raven and his crew again in a heartbeat. Even more so, I highly recommend requesting Jesse for the uplighting! He did an amazing job. It made the room pop and the amount of compliments we received from our guests were high. It was a classy yet extremely fun addition. Thank you Jay Raven, Jesse, and Total Events to help make our wedding a day we will surely never forget!

Reviewed on 11/25/2016 Daniel L

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Amanda S

Jay is a pleasure to work with and made the process very easy! Matt, our DJ had our guests dancing all night and the room looked beautiful thanks to Jesse's up-lighting! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Elisa F

Overall, I was really pleased with Total Events. Derek was our DJ and he was fun, energetic and accommodating. Unfortunately, there a few things that I wished would have gone different. 1. Dinner music could have been shorter to get people up and dancing sooner. Also, some... Read More of the songs played during the meal where not upbeat (Sorry seems to be the hardest word would not have been my choice) 2. Many of my family/friends had a hard time understanding what was being announced. 3. Some of the songs that I chose were not played (this could have been because I filled out the form wrong) However, overall...everyone had a great time.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Angela M

Our experience with Matt from Total Events was fantastic! As our DJ, Matt went above and beyond to help my husband and I with our special day before and during the wedding. He was very down-to-earth and easy to work with, making sure to go over the details with us prior to the... Read More event so that he had a clear idea of what we were looking for. From the great selection of music (that had the crowd dancing all night long) to his friendly and knowledgeable demeanor, we're really happy to have chosen him as our DJ and couldn't recommend him enough.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Heather J

If you are seeking the "fairytale" wedding, hiring Total Events is a must! From the very first meeting, until the very end of our wedding night, everything was perfect! Not only are they professional and personable, but they truly care about you and your event. Our DJ Matt kept... Read More the party alive and Jesse made sure the uplighting was on point and the photo booth was a huge hit with our guests. We highly recommend Total Events. We've been to several weddings since ours and our friends keep talking about how awesome our wedding was!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kristin E

Easy to work with! Kept the dance floor packed. I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Michelle L

Matt from Total Events did and incredible job, our wedding was amazing and Matt is one of the main reasons! Excellent music, attention to detail, and overall just fun to be around. He was incredibly responsive in the planning phases, extremely personable, and flexible. He made... Read More sure everything went smooth and on time. Everyone danced the entire night and had a blast! I highly highly recommend Total Events for weddings and special occasions!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Kristen S

Total Events was great to work with. Jay Raven really helped us to understand the process of booking DJ services and all that goes into it; for example, the number of systems necessary for each part of the evening, the various songs needed, recommendations for songs, etc.... Read More Their online system also made it super easy to relay the music pieces we chose with little to no confusion. Jay Raven was also kind enough to send us pictures of reception areas with uplighting when we weren't certain if we would like to add this feature - we ultimately added uplighting and were very pleased with the end result (thanks Jesse!). Thanks to DJ Matt the dance floor was packed all night long... there were even mini dance parties going on near the tables when the dance floor became too packed!

Reviewed on 9/30/2016 LeighAnne P

We were so happy to choose Total Events for our DJ Services for our wedding which took place at Candlelight Farms Inn in New Milford, CT. Jay did a remarkable job not only getting everyone on the dance floor but keeping them there. Jay was also able to alter some of our songs we... Read More requested i.e first dance, father/daughter, etc. for no extra charge. Total Events also did our up lighting, which was done so beautifully in our tent. He was incredibly responsive via email and we were able to video chat with him several times prior to the wedding. Although we were both unsure what we wanted in some aspects in terms of music choice, Jay read the crowd perfectly and kept us dancing all evening. Everyone was drenched by the end of the night, which usually signifies a good time.

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Emily B

How do I even start to explain the amazing job Total Events did on our wedding this past weekend (September 17th, 2016). From the moment our DJ, Jay Raven, arrived to the venue to when he packed up his equipment, there was total professionalism. I had no doubt in my mind that... Read More everything would be perfect, and I was right!! Jay did an absolutely incredible job queuing me to start walking down the aisle with my dad, at the cocktail hour, announcing all of the bridal party, and engaging my guests to dance. The mix of music that was played was perfect and made our wedding 100% better; the dance floor was NEVER empty!!! Jay double checked with me on every request and diffused family situations for us without any stress!!! I am so grateful for Jay at Total Events! Without him, we never would have had the most perfect day that he created! I recommend Total Events for any event, especially weddings!!!!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Mellissa N

Total events DJ services made our wedding the party it should be. All of the employees were very helpful and made our day unique to our needs. Would recommend total events for all occasions. Affordable, easy, reliable, fun.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Megan C

Total Events was easy to work with, friendly, helpful and kept the party going all night long!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Elizabeth R

Matt Sirois was our DJ for our wedding on May 29th 2016 at the Lace Factory and I couldn't speak more highly of him. Leading up to the wedding, he made sure every detail was in place and I was 100% satisfied with everything. His music selection, aside from what I chose, was... Read More perfect. I truly believe the music can make or break a wedding so putting trust into a DJ was nerve wracking for me but there wasn't a moment when the dance floor was empty. We are still getting compliments about how awesome the night was and a big chunk of that is owed to Matt and Total Events!!

The What You Want Experience

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 erik l

Comfortable. Easy. Professional. What you want when you want it. Awesome to work with! I connected with Jay from my first call and, my fiancé had the same experience when they spoke! We felt relaxed and that we had found a real partner to guide us along the way. Jay helped us... Read More realize our visions and turn them into reality! Their site was very user friendly which made song selection easy. We used up-lighting so we could really enhance the look and feel of our venue and again, Jay and his light tech Mike, made our day seem less! I actually had guests complement me on my DJ choice during the reception! Everyone loved the music selection, look and feel of it all...great people to work with! I can't say enough...Jay, Thank you for making our day fun for everyone! Erik & Pamela

2015-10-20T06:31:31 Response from the vendor

As wedding entertainers the best connection we can have with our clients is evident when the party is over and WE wish it could go on longer! It's a rarity to enjoy ones profession that much, but with a couple like you guys it's easy...:)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

The perfect DJ and Photo Tower for our wedding! Jay Raven was such an amazing DJ. He was so easy to work with, responsive and helpful with any questions we had, and did a wonderful job at our wedding! We received numerous compliments about our DJ and the music played.. it was... Read More exactly the type of dance party we were hoping for! The Photo Tower was also great! Everyone had a blast with all of the props, and the attendants were so helpful and polite. The scrapbook provided for the bride and groom was my favorite part, and such a great keepsake! Highly recommended :)

2015-10-20T06:36:31 Response from the vendor

What a beautiful night at Aria with Greg and Jacklyn! A BIG wedding that was so natural and smooth it had the feel of an intimate event. We are so glad you were equally pleased with the photo tower and scrapbook! You and your guests... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Ashleigh C

Jay Raven and company exceeded all expectations at our wedding! He made the night run smoothly, made sure he knew everything he had to say. Our venue was behind on the dinner and he got the ball rolling and made sure we still has plenty of time to dance to an awesome selection... Read More of music! He stuck to my list and played a few extras that people really loved. He knew how to read the crowd and everyone was complimenting on how well he did. It was a good mix for everyone. He's very fun, obviously loves what he does and really cares about the bride and groom and if they are having a good time. Thank you so much for an excellent time had by all at our wedding! We will be booking you for the future and telling all our friends. Ashleigh and Steve Briggs

2015-10-08T15:16:37 Response from the vendor

Can't wait for the next party guys! Only wish we could've cooked the meal too... lol. Still have the flowers in my kitchen!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015 Rachel B

Jay Raven with Total Events did an amazing job at our wedding! I was skeptical because we had not heard him DJ before or met him before the wedding, but he exceeded our expectations. He played great dance music and had everyone on their feet, dancing all night long. He also did... Read More an impressive job reading the crowd and knowing what songs would keep the party going strong. I can't recommend him enough!

2015-06-17T16:28:58 Response from the vendor

Dan and Rachel we had soooo much fun at your event! Glad we could do our part for your special day!!

Reviewed on 6/12/2015

Jay and Total Events were Outstanding. They did a great job, we had people raving about the DJ after the Wedding. He was extremely friendly and professional. We can not say enough good things.

2015-06-17T16:29:47 Response from the vendor

We love a great party!! Congratulations again you two!

Reviewed on 6/10/2015

We had Matt from total events on our wedding day. He was attentive and able to adjust quickly to changes I decided to make minutes before the songs needed to be played (such as shortening the father/daughter dance, and making the first dance solo). The online worksheet makes... Read More communication about songs for the ceremony and reception super easy, but even if that wasn't enough, the email, skype, and phone conversations with both Matt and Jay made me feel super at ease. While I had many guests leave early (due to the late reception on a Sunday), he kept the party going the whole time for my friends, close family, my husband and I until the reception time ended. Many thanks, Total Events!

2015-06-17T16:32:15 Response from the vendor

Rain can't stop any outdoor event when our bride says go...:) Congrats Erica & Tim!

Jay Raven

Owner Jay Raven has been in entertainment since 1995. A popular radio host in Hartford, Boston, Providence, and Southern Connecticut he has hosted, created and produced events with 30-30,000 guests at arenas, casinos & stadiums DJ'ing many of the hottest night clubs in Boston and Hartford. As a wedding specialist he's preformed for celebrities, professionals, and the happiest couple's in New England! Raven has completed the National Wedding MBA in Las Vegas three times, trained with The Knot's Carley Roney & Chauvet Lighting, and remains available to each and every client until the honeymoon!