Total Image Hair and Makeup

Serving the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area.

We Specialize in Hair, Airbrush Makeup and Tanning

Our award winning team of artists have been making brides beautiful for over fourteen years. We offer high end services without the high end prices. Our primary business is weddings so you get personal service throughout your entire experience. Let us bring our expertise to you!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

Chicago, IL
Serving the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area.

Perfect Experience

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Cara S

Christa and the whole total image team were a pleasure to work with. From my trial to the big day, everything was perfect. I loved my hair and make-up and it looked exactly the same on my wedding day as it did in the trial. Both held up perfectly on an 85 degree day for an... Read More outside wedding. My bridesmaids looked great and got exactly what they wanted. Our team was awesome and so fun and personable it really made getting ready extra fun. They came onsite and were on time and ready to go. All in all, I would recommend Total Image to any bride!

Amazing Artistry

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Alicia G

I first met Christa over a year ago when I went into the shop for a spray tan with my friends who were getting married the following weekend. Christa also did make up for that friends wedding and everyone looked stunning. So, when it came around to selecting someone to do make... Read More up for my wedding, I knew exactly who to turn to. I had a trial with Jessica about 4 months before our wedding date and she did a fabulous job! I knew I was in good hands. On the day of our wedding Jessica was on time and ready to go, we ended up with 2 artists since I bought the makeup as a gift for my bridesmaids and family. The make up artists were extremely professional, yet easy to talk to and get along with. They finished all 10 of us in about 3 hours! Everyone felt beautiful and we received tons of compliments! Thanks Total Image!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Katie

WOW. Total Image exceeded my expectations on my wedding day. They were upbeat and really worked with me from day one. They use the best hair and makeup products. Total Image did an amazing job for my wedding party. Client satisfaction is important to them and they worked hard to... Read More make sure each person looked amazing. I was worried about sweating my makeup off and my hair not holding up but I was surprised to see everything still looked great even after dancing like crazy. I have fairly light skin and got a spray tan done there. It was perfect. It wasn't fake looking and it didn't streak all over my dress. If you get a spray tan, get it done a few days before your wedding to ensure no streaking. I also recommend getting a hair and makeup trial. I felt so much better after that. It took all the worry away and I didn't stress on my wedding day. They are really really good at what they do. I wouldn't go with any other company! Total Image is a 5 star company all the way. Thanks to them, my wedding day was perfect.

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Jennifer D

Every bride should book Total Image Bridal. When I first inquired about hair and makeup Christa's responses were so quick and she always answered every question I had. I went for my trial a month and a half before my wedding date and was very impressed with both my hair (done by... Read More Jen) and my airbrush makeup (done by Christa). Christa was also very flexible. Fast forward to my wedding day and I have never in my life felt so beautiful!!! My make up and hair looked beyond perfect, my make up and hair lasted all day and all night (even after sweating while dancing). I ended up doing a different hair style then what I did at my trail and Jen did an outstanding job. Like I said I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life! I also had 3 of bridesmaids get hair and makeup done and all of them looked gorgeous! I will be referring Christa and her team to everyone I know!!! Don't make the mistake and not book them...these ladies are amazing at what they do! Thank you for making me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world on my special day :

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Daniel C

Andrea was awesome! My hair and make up looked amazing and I received so many compliments. Thank you so much! Would highly recommend Andrea!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Marc H

Love, love, loved Total Image Hair & Makeup! I was referred to Christa & Mindy from Jennifer Sutton Events and after the trial I knew I'd made the right decision. They came to the hotel where my 4 bridesmaids, Mom and I were getting ready, set themselves up quickly, and... Read More personalized each one of our looks according to what we each wanted. In one case, my sister only said "I want my hair to look 'cool', but also elegant" and that was all the direction she gave! No problem, she got what she wanted! We all received so many compliments throughout the day and our makeup never dulled throughout the evening. They got us done in great time, even a little early, but we never felt rushed. We were their priority during the time they were with us, which was a great feeling. I was told about total payment due during the trial, unless there were any add-ons (my Mom got fake lashes, she loved them) and received those prices ahead of time as well, so the day of I just had to swipe my card and we were good to go! Thank you, ladies, we can't wait to see our professional photos from the day, and from what we've seen already plus how we felt, I am telling everyone to go to you for their big events as well! Jeannie

Christa is amazingggg!

Reviewed on 11/21/2015

Christa did an absolutely amazing job with my makeup and all of my bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding! First off, Christa is great to work with and she gets back to you right away with everything. She's also very professional and goes above and beyond when doing her job. For... Read More example, my mom had put on moisturizer before getting her makeup done which doesn't allow the airbrush to stay on. When noticing this, Christa had my mom wash off the makeup she had already put on and she started over so that her makeup would look perfect. Christa also gets the makeup done so quickly but it is flawless because she has been doing this line of work for so long! We got everyone done on time and everyone was so happy with her work! Highly recommend!

Hair/Makeup

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

My hair was absolutely gorgeous!!! During my trial I came to Christa with a fuzzy vision of what I wanted and a bunch of different accessories (blingy pieces) for her to play with. She took the time to try several different things with me to see what I was happiest with. My... Read More hair is usually straight as can be and curls fall out after 30 minutes. Christa gave me curls that lasted 8+ hours and were so light and fluffy (not weighed down with hairspray). I don't know how she did it, but I'd want her to do hair every day if she could. Christa's partner also did my makeup. It was my first experiencing with airbrushing and I looked flawless. My mom had her makeup done as well and she never wears makeup. She was very nervous about looking too fake or "like a clown" and they were able to give her a totally natural look that she was thrilled with. Both women were happy to show up at my venue and were able to do everything with myself, my maid of honor, and my mother in under an hour and a half. I'd highly recommend Total Image to all brides and their bridal parties.

Christa Rocks!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Lynsey C

I've been wanting to write a review for Christa and her team at Total Image Hair and Makeup. I have all wonderful things to say about this company. Christa is an extremely talented makeup artist and employs only the most talented hair and makeup artists. As far as price goes,... Read More she's budget friendly and easy to work with. Each artist was on time and ready to go for my hotel wedding. For my party, we had all ages involved (from 3 years old to 88), and everyone looked beautiful. I highly recommend Christa!

Great all around!

Reviewed on 10/11/2015 Megan M

I had a great experience with Total Image at my wedding. They were easy to work with and did a wonderful job on both makeup and hair. My bridesmaids and I were very happy with the results. It was also super-convenient to have them come to our hotel so that we didn't have to... Read More worry about traveling around the morning of the wedding. Definitely worth the price!

Andrea is the Best Ever

Reviewed on 9/29/2015 Lynn H

Andrea did an amazing job with the hair and makeup for myself and my Matron of Honor. She was open to feedback based on the hair and makeup trial and was willing to make immediate changes the day of the wedding if we thought something else would look better. The price of both... Read More the trial and wedding day services were more than competitive. I highly recommend this vendor for your special day. Lynn

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Lauren M

Jessica from Total Image did my wedding make-up and also make-up for my mom and sister. We all loved it! I had a morning wedding, and my make-up still looked great at 11 p.m. Jessica was very responsive to what we wanted. Everyone felt "glam" without feeling like we didn't look... Read More like ourselves anymore!

Hair and Makeup Brought to You

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Kim T

I did enjoy that Total Image was so reasonably priced! Because 8 people were getting their hair and makeup done, it came out to be $140 a person. I thought my hair and makeup girls did a beautiful job at my trial. Alyssa is fantastic with makeup and Jackie was wonderful with... Read More hair (my wedding was her last, though). However, 4 hair/makeup girls were sent to my hotel suite to get us ready. The 2 I didn't know did not do a great job. Alyssa and Jackie had to correct a few girls hair and makeups because my bridesmaids were unhappy with their styles. I think overall this was a good value and I did love that they came to us, but my only warning is that not all hair and makeup stylists are equally talented.

Awesome job!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

I am glad that I chose total image for my hair and makeup as well as my entire wedding party!!! They were the most reasonable around and did a fantastic job!!! The day of my wedding I broke out on my face and back with pimples! The ladies made sure I was covered and comfortable!... Read More They really did wonders! Airbrush makeup is the way to go and I'd highly recommend them for any event!

Excellent beauty team

Reviewed on 6/06/2015 shelley z

Few weeks before my wedding I had to find new hair and makeup professionals. From the moment I walked in the salon for the trial I knew I found the right team. They are definitely professionals in the wedding hair and make up services. My trials wereally excellent, I love how... Read More they listen to your feedback and adjust accordingly. The day of the wedding the team swooped in like beauty fairies waved their wands and we all turned out beautiful! They are so efficient work quickly and miss no details. So glad I found total image. Highly recommend!!!

Hair/Makeup

Reviewed on 6/05/2015 Francesca D

Total Image was absolutely amazing!!! Here is the breakdown: 1 Bride 8 Bridesmaids 2 Mothers of the Bride/Groom 1 Aunt Flower Girl Groom They did Airbrush Makeup & Hair for everyone INCLUDING me for $150each & they did everyone in 4hours! 8am-12pm & we actually... Read More ended early. I had 4 stylists come to the hotel suite. 2 for makeup & 2 for hair. The artists made everyone BEAUTIFUL & catered to my wants as the Bride (I gave them samples of the hairstyles I wanted for all the bridesmaids & they catered it to everyone's hair- short/long etc.) The price was outstanding & the service was awesome they were just part of our Bridal Party singing to music & keeping everyone on track- I didn't even have to make a schedule. They were so organized it made me feel so relaxed- the only thing I could hope for on the morning of me wedding :) HIGHLY Recommend

Valentine's Day Wedding

Reviewed on 3/03/2015 Megan H

Total Image Hair and Makeup was beyond amazing!!! They made my bridesmaids and I look gorgeous for my Valentine's Day wedding! They went out of their way to make sure everyone in the bridal party was pleased with both their hair and makeup (even though some were trying a... Read More hairstyle different from their trial a few weeks prior). I can not say enough amazing things about this company! I have already recommended the company to two other soon-to-be brides and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone else.

Flawless airbrush

Reviewed on 1/20/2015 Rachael H

I do not wear makeup on a daily basis and went back and forth as to how I was going to pull off the makeup for my wedding and found Total Image on The Knot. After talking to Christa I booked her team for my recent wedding and it was a fantastic decision. Makeup lasted all night... Read More and all my girls looked beautiful.

My DREAM Bridal Beauty Team

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Jaclyn H

I met Christa (owner of Total Image) at a bridal show about 12 months before our wedding. She is an absolute doll and I instantly fell in love with her and her team of ladies. I booked them to do hair and make-up for 13 women for our 12/13/14 wedding. Christa and her amazing... Read More team (4 total) took care of my large bridal party of 8 bridesmaids, bride, mother of bride, mother of groom, aunt of bride and grandmother of groom. They were prompt on time at our hotel and we had so much fun getting ready, it was like old girlfriends getting together! While we had fun, Christa made sure that she was getting us in and out of hair and make-up to make sure we met our time guidelines. With the speed of Christa and her team, you'd think the quality would be sub-par, but my ladies were FLAWLESS. Not only were they flawless on the morning of the day of the wedding, one of my bridesmaids even slept in her makeup (big no-no) and looked like she had her make-up professionally done for the brunch, when it was actually from the day before! I was extremely indecisive about my hair and even after two trials was not sure what I wanted to go with. The girls at Total Image put together an up-do that was exactly what I wanted but could not verbalize. Even when there was a hiccup where I lost my engagement ring (long story short it was cleaned by housekeeping and almost made a trip through the dishwasher), Christa kept me smiling and said she would march downstairs and shut the hotel down until we found the ring. When you're getting ready on your big day, you want a fun environment to enjoy with the people you love and Christa and her team were basically part of the bridal party. My bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law kept saying how pretty they felt. I felt gorgeous and must have referred 30 people to Total Image the day of my wedding. I gifted my bridesmaids a portion of the hair and makeup cost because I wanted everyone to get their hair and make-up done so pictures were consistent (when 5 bridesmaid have airbrush and 2 do not, you can tell – I highly recommend professional hair/make-up for the entire bridal party). They were all told to have their hair and make-up done in whatever way made them feel the most beautiful. Everyone was absolutely stunning. Thank you Christa and your team of fabulous women at Total Image.

Great Experience!

Reviewed on 12/28/2014 Emily K

I found Total Image Hair and Makeup off of The Knot and could not be happier with the result! I completed a wedding trial with them a few months before the wedding and found them to have great work and they were very reasonably priced compared to the other salons. We had 10... Read More people who needed their hair and makeup done the morning of the wedding so four women came out to do hair and makeup. We were all done in less than 3 hours! Our makeup all stayed on the whole day and we got so many compliments on how it looked. I would definitely suggest Total Image for a wedding!

Excellent Work

Reviewed on 10/27/2014 Kristin S

I had 8 hair and 5 makeup needs for my wedding. The girls that came out were amazing, professional, and willing to make changes/touch ups based on feedback of the girls. I was extremely happy with my hair and makeup as the bride. Payment could have gone smoother as they... Read More required payment the week before. I had my girls call so they could put it on their own credit card, and it was challenging.

Highly Recommend

Reviewed on 10/08/2014 Lisa G

The hair and makeup artists were fantastic. Very friendly and able to do anything my bridesmaids wanted!

Fantastic Value

Reviewed on 9/25/2014

I could not be happier with how my stylists made me look for my wedding. I kind of looked at making me up as somewhat of a challenge but OMG! What a wonderful job they did. I am still getting compliments from family and friends about how well my hair stood up the humidity as... Read More well as the airbrush makeup. I never did a trial and these women really took time to listen to how I wanted to look and they pulled it off because I just couldn't have asked for a better result. Thank You both for your professionalism and talents!!

best hair and makeup vendor

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Rachel R

Christa and the Total Image team were awesome! Christa was so easy to work with and was available any time I needed her. Her and the team did hair and makeup for myself, the BMs, and both mothers in our hotel rooms. They brought everything they needed and worked with all of us... Read More to get the vision just right. Everyone loved how they looked and I could not have picked a better vendor. I would highly recommend them to anyone for their wedding day.

Wedding: 7/25/2014

Reviewed on 8/25/2014 Emily H

I decided to go with Total Image after being referred to them by my hair dresser in the city and I am so glad I did!! They were amazing!! The were very professional, got there early, had everyone done in plenty of time, and most importantly made everyone look absolutely... Read More beautiful!! The bridesmaids, moms, and myself were getting compliments ALL night about how great our hair and makeup looked!!! Thanks again to the ladies at Total Image!!