Total Image Hair and Makeup

Serving the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area.

We Specialize in Hair, Airbrush Makeup and Tanning

Our award winning team of artists have been making brides beautiful for over eighteen years. We offer high end services without the high end prices. We specialize in airbrush makeup which is a flawless lasting look. We have won Best of Weddings for over six years in a row and now we are in the Hall of Fame. Our primary business is weddings so you get personal service throughout your entire experience. Let us bring our expertise to you!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

Chicago, IL Serving the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area. (630) 963-2442
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Anuj G

My wedding was on Saturday, June 18, 2016. I had two ceremonies, 7 bridesmaids, and needed to have everyone ready to go by 8 am. Needless to say, after speaking with several hair and make-up individuals and companies, I had no luck finding someone willing to work that early,... Read More able to get all 8 of us ready and time, and affordable. I got referred to Total Image by a friend of a friend (someone I didn't really know), but after looking up their reviews, I decided to go for it. From our first contact, Christa was absolutely wonderful to work with. She really wants you to have a good experience as a client and does so at an affordable price. I had my trial about a month before the wedding and it turned out awesome and exactly like what I wanted. On the day of, she sent 3 hair and make-up people to get us all ready (I had the same people do mine that did at the trial). All 3 lovely ladies arrived early and went straight to work. I had a mix-up with one of my bridesmaids and the stylists were able to accommodate and add one more girl in and we were all still ready on time. Something that could've been a very stressful situation turned out just fine because of their flexibility and professionalism. Everyone LOVED their looks! I have been in about 8 weddings as a bridesmaid and I have never experienced a time when each and every girl liked their hair and make-up, so this was a first for me. I had one of the stylists come back to do a second look for my second ceremony (change it from down to an up-do). We were stuck in traffic and we were an hour late. Christa, the stylist, and just everyone was so accommodating and NICE and friendly about the whole thing, that it instantly took away my stress about being late. The up-do also lasted well into the night until I took it out after 1 am! What was my hardest vendor to find, turned out to be one of my best, head-ache free vendors! I highly recommend their services to future brides!

Amazing Artistry

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Alicia G

I first met Christa over a year ago when I went into the shop for a spray tan with my friends who were getting married the following weekend. Christa also did make up for that friends wedding and everyone looked stunning. So, when it came around to selecting someone to do make... Read More up for my wedding, I knew exactly who to turn to. I had a trial with Jessica about 4 months before our wedding date and she did a fabulous job! I knew I was in good hands. On the day of our wedding Jessica was on time and ready to go, we ended up with 2 artists since I bought the makeup as a gift for my bridesmaids and family. The make up artists were extremely professional, yet easy to talk to and get along with. They finished all 10 of us in about 3 hours! Everyone felt beautiful and we received tons of compliments! Thanks Total Image!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Katie

WOW. Total Image exceeded my expectations on my wedding day. They were upbeat and really worked with me from day one. They use the best hair and makeup products. Total Image did an amazing job for my wedding party. Client satisfaction is important to them and they worked hard to... Read More make sure each person looked amazing. I was worried about sweating my makeup off and my hair not holding up but I was surprised to see everything still looked great even after dancing like crazy. I have fairly light skin and got a spray tan done there. It was perfect. It wasn't fake looking and it didn't streak all over my dress. If you get a spray tan, get it done a few days before your wedding to ensure no streaking. I also recommend getting a hair and makeup trial. I felt so much better after that. It took all the worry away and I didn't stress on my wedding day. They are really really good at what they do. I wouldn't go with any other company! Total Image is a 5 star company all the way. Thanks to them, my wedding day was perfect.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Ashley A

I met Christa during my first hair/makefup trial and she was amazing. Not only did she do my makeup perfectly, but she pulled me aside and let me know that she could tell I was not happy with my hair trial and that she wasn't either. Christa then sent Laura to my house to do a... Read More second trial for me - and she was amazing! Christa and Laura did a fabulous job for me, my bridesmaids, MIL, and even squeezed in my Grandma the day of with no problem. We had a great time with them and laughed the entire time. I cannot reccomend Total Image enough for your wedding! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Jacquelyn Cori B

Absolutely Fabulous! There aren't enough words to express how spectacular they were! I scheduled my bridal make up trial the same day as my engagement photos. The artist that was assigned to me incurred damage to her car and another artist had to step in. I was so afraid that... Read More I was going to have to reschedule the shoot but I was blown away by their flexibility to accommodate me that I knew I wanted them for my wedding day. The day of, they were prompt and laid back. As stressful as it is to get 6 ladies ready for a wedding, they made it easy. My mother in law didn't know she could look so naturally pretty. My Husband loved my make up on my wedding day better than the trial. Christa moved heaven and earth for me and I would recommend her and her team to anyone. Thanks for making my wedding day spectacular!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Caitlin G

I had looked at many hair and makeup companies and artists prior to coming across Total Image Bridal but when I saw the hundreds of images they had on their website and their competitive pricing, I knew I had to go in for a trial. The hair and makeup artists listened to what I... Read More wanted and translated the pictures that I gave them into exactly what I was looking for. Christa booked two hair stylists and one makeup artist for my wedding day where I had a total of 8 getting both hair and makeup done. It only took them 2 hours and everyone looked incredible! The airbrush foundation is incredible and made everyone's skin look flawless. Our makeup and hair stayed all day/night. I loved that we could purchase the lip gloss for touch ups. I would definitely use Total Image Bridal again and would highly recommend them to any bride to be! (Married 10/8/16)

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Teja D

It was so great to work with Total Image. The artists totally know their stuff and I learned some great beauty tips along the way. Loved my hair and makeup!! And I got it done twice! The morning for my Hindu ceremony with hair and colorful makeup perfect to match and up for the... Read More catholic ceremony with more subdued colors. My skin looked amazing in the photos! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Lauren J

The girl that does hair has poor taste. They both have attitudes. Not flexible. Changed our schedule a week before the wedding even though it was less convenient for us and we weren't able to get photos done of getting ready since we had to begin getting ready at 8am for a 4pm... Read More wedding, when we'd originally agreed upon 10am. Hard to contact. Cheap, but you get what you pay for.

2016-10-19T12:12:24 Response from the vendor

This is a false review. Please do not entertain it . The wedding date is wrong and all of the info is extremely vague.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Madissen S

Total Image did my bridal hair and makeup, and my bridesmaids' hair. Our stylist did an amazing job. Everyone looked so beautiful. My makeup lasted all night - and I cried like 10 times! We got ready in the morning, then did first look photos and bridal party photos, and then... Read More the wedding and reception in the evening. My hair and makeup lasted the entire day and still looked amazing. I felt so beautiful, and my bridesmaids hair styles were amazing. She made it look so easy too! She is so efficient, she is excellent at her job. And she was so sweet and friendly too! Really a great experience, and very reasonably priced. Thank you Total Image!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Amy D

I got a trial done here for my wedding and it was awful. Don't get me wrong the people are very nice and I wanted to like it because of how much I liked the people. But my airbrush didn't even match my neck and was orange, my eyeshadow wasn't even blended and It was all one... Read More color purple. I felt like a clown. So they offered me a second trial for free and the second one was just as bad. I asked for more highlighter and she put pink highlighter that just looked like a ton of blush was everywhere. So happy I did the trials so I didn't just hire them.

2016-10-14T16:08:15 Response from the vendor

I will let the public be the judge of this review. In my photo gallery number 56 is her selfie that she took after her trial and she was very happy, clearly she didn't look like a clown.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Kelly L

Total Image was great to work with from the trial through the wedding. They are priced so well compared to other vendors but the awesome reviews reassured me and I'm so glad that I booked them!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Jackie F

Christa was the best to work with! She did an absolutely amazing job on my makeup as well as my entire wedding party. We loved how beautiful we all were and how well the makeup held for the entire event.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016

Christa and Team did a FANTASTIC job. Simple booking process, set up trial hair and makeup for the bride and was very professional. They arrived to our hotel on wedding day on time and ready to go! All the girls makeup and hair was done exceptionally well and everyone looked... Read More absolutely stunning! Would use over and over again. Pricing is also comparable to many other wedding hair and makeup services in the Chicagoland area!

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Rebecca P

My hair and makeup and my bridesmaids' hair and makeup were absolutely perfect for my wedding day! My look was exactly what I wanted, bridal pretty with a focus on my eyes. It was very easy to communicate with Christa and she went above and beyond on the day of the wedding. She... Read More provided onsite makeup and another team member did onsite hair/updo. Christa made the morning special and went out of her way to touch up the bridesmaids' makeup after they ate snacks. I highly recommend Christa and her team! The prices are right ($140/bridesmaid) and the service is top-notch. Honestly, I've stood up in numerous weddings and Total Image did the best hair and makeup compared to all the other companies.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Ashley R

Both Krista and her assistant were there on time and as a TYPE A bride, this is extremely important. They continued to clean their utensils as they used them. Krista was all smiles and full of personality. Her assistant was a bit more reserved and quiet, which is better than... Read More unprofessional and rude-right? I appreciated the fact that Krista did not take it personal when there were certain things I wanted changed. All in all; prompt, friendly, accommodating, and talented. THANK YOU

Reviewed on 8/10/2016 Kelly W

Total Image was fantastic. Christa's girls were on time, very friendly, interactive and overall a joy to have with us while getting ready. Their work was beautiful. Very talented and we looked flawless. They were super supportive of everyone's requests and I highly recommend... Read More them. They made my wedding day that much better!

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Caroline U

I am so glad I went with Total Image. Christa and her girls were just simply amazing from start to finish. Jennifer was my hairstylist, Alyssa was my makeup artist and they made me and all my girls look absolutely breathtaking on our wedding day. They were all very... Read More professional, super duper nice, they worked fast and efficiently, and they were also very reasonable priced compared to the other companies I shopped around for. I really appreciate that they would not stop working until I was completely satisfied with how everyone's hair and makeup looked. My sister is getting married next year and loved them so much that she is definitely going to sign up with Total Image as well.

Reviewed on 7/09/2016 Ashley A

My whole bridal party enjoyed the experience. The girls gave us exactly want a wanted and were flexible when I had to add in one more person. They were professional and personable! Definitely will recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 5/27/2016 Jennifer D

Every bride should book Total Image Bridal. When I first inquired about hair and makeup Christa's responses were so quick and she always answered every question I had. I went for my trial a month and a half before my wedding date and was very impressed with both my hair (done by... Read More Jen) and my airbrush makeup (done by Christa). Christa was also very flexible. Fast forward to my wedding day and I have never in my life felt so beautiful!!! My make up and hair looked beyond perfect, my make up and hair lasted all day and all night (even after sweating while dancing). I ended up doing a different hair style then what I did at my trail and Jen did an outstanding job. Like I said I have never felt so beautiful in my entire life! I also had 3 of bridesmaids get hair and makeup done and all of them looked gorgeous! I will be referring Christa and her team to everyone I know!!! Don't make the mistake and not book them...these ladies are amazing at what they do! Thank you for making me feel like the most beautiful bride in the world on my special day :

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Daniel C

Andrea was awesome! My hair and make up looked amazing and I received so many compliments. Thank you so much! Would highly recommend Andrea!

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Marc H

Love, love, loved Total Image Hair & Makeup! I was referred to Christa & Mindy from Jennifer Sutton Events and after the trial I knew I'd made the right decision. They came to the hotel where my 4 bridesmaids, Mom and I were getting ready, set themselves up quickly, and... Read More personalized each one of our looks according to what we each wanted. In one case, my sister only said "I want my hair to look 'cool', but also elegant" and that was all the direction she gave! No problem, she got what she wanted! We all received so many compliments throughout the day and our makeup never dulled throughout the evening. They got us done in great time, even a little early, but we never felt rushed. We were their priority during the time they were with us, which was a great feeling. I was told about total payment due during the trial, unless there were any add-ons (my Mom got fake lashes, she loved them) and received those prices ahead of time as well, so the day of I just had to swipe my card and we were good to go! Thank you, ladies, we can't wait to see our professional photos from the day, and from what we've seen already plus how we felt, I am telling everyone to go to you for their big events as well! Jeannie

Christa is amazingggg!

Reviewed on 11/21/2015

Christa did an absolutely amazing job with my makeup and all of my bridesmaids' makeup for my wedding! First off, Christa is great to work with and she gets back to you right away with everything. She's also very professional and goes above and beyond when doing her job. For... Read More example, my mom had put on moisturizer before getting her makeup done which doesn't allow the airbrush to stay on. When noticing this, Christa had my mom wash off the makeup she had already put on and she started over so that her makeup would look perfect. Christa also gets the makeup done so quickly but it is flawless because she has been doing this line of work for so long! We got everyone done on time and everyone was so happy with her work! Highly recommend!

Hair/Makeup

Reviewed on 10/24/2015

My hair was absolutely gorgeous!!! During my trial I came to Christa with a fuzzy vision of what I wanted and a bunch of different accessories (blingy pieces) for her to play with. She took the time to try several different things with me to see what I was happiest with. My... Read More hair is usually straight as can be and curls fall out after 30 minutes. Christa gave me curls that lasted 8+ hours and were so light and fluffy (not weighed down with hairspray). I don't know how she did it, but I'd want her to do hair every day if she could. Christa's partner also did my makeup. It was my first experiencing with airbrushing and I looked flawless. My mom had her makeup done as well and she never wears makeup. She was very nervous about looking too fake or "like a clown" and they were able to give her a totally natural look that she was thrilled with. Both women were happy to show up at my venue and were able to do everything with myself, my maid of honor, and my mother in under an hour and a half. I'd highly recommend Total Image to all brides and their bridal parties.

BEAUTIFUL!!

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Megan B

Total image was the perfect pick for my girls and myself on my wedding day. They came to my wedding ceremony/reception venue and made everything so easy. I did a hair and make up trial with Julie prior to the wedding and loved it but felt like it was a little over the top,... Read More just for me! (I wear very little make up daily) It was just very glam and I wanted to look more like myself. I wanted to schedule another trial which they were very accommodating about, but I just couldn't get around to it with my schedule. I had faith in Julie when she arrived on my wedding day and told her I wanted to change up both the hair and make up. I have VERY long thick hair and had it up in a beautiful twist/bun thing for the trial but couldn't go through with it the day of and wanted my hair more natural and down. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!! My ceremony was outside and it was 55 degrees, crazy windy and misting slightly. My hair fell a bit but still looked amazing all throughout the reception! I was so nervous to change it and just wanted to make sure I looked like myself for the wedding and it really was perfect! They had a crew of girls cycling in to do the bridesmaids hair and make up and had everyone done in plenty of time so I could really enjoy that morning with them. ALL my girls looked amazing! Perfect pick and a serious THANK YOU to Julie for making me feel gorgeous on my wedding day!

Christa Rocks!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Lynsey C

I've been wanting to write a review for Christa and her team at Total Image Hair and Makeup. I have all wonderful things to say about this company. Christa is an extremely talented makeup artist and employs only the most talented hair and makeup artists. As far as price goes,... Read More she's budget friendly and easy to work with. Each artist was on time and ready to go for my hotel wedding. For my party, we had all ages involved (from 3 years old to 88), and everyone looked beautiful. I highly recommend Christa!

Start a Conversation!