Total Image Hair and Makeup

Serving the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area.

We Specialize in Onsite Hair & Airbrush Makeup

Our award winning team of artists have been making brides beautiful for over eighteen years. We offer high end services without the high end prices. We specialize in airbrush makeup which is a flawless lasting look. We have won Best of Weddings for over six years in a row and now we are in the Hall of Fame. Our primary business is weddings so you get personal service throughout your entire experience. Let us bring our expertise to you!

Beauty Group Bookings, Hair + Makeup Trials Available, Hair Stylists, Airbrushed Makeup, Eyelash Extensions, Makeup, Makeup Artists, On-Site Hair + Makeup, Facials, Waxing, Spas, Spray Tan, Tanning, Beauty

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

Chicago, IL Serving the Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana area. (630) 963-2442
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Anuj G

My wedding was on Saturday, June 18, 2016. I had two ceremonies, 7 bridesmaids, and needed to have everyone ready to go by 8 am. Needless to say, after speaking with several hair and make-up individuals and companies, I had no luck finding someone willing to work that early,... Read More able to get all 8 of us ready and time, and affordable. I got referred to Total Image by a friend of a friend (someone I didn't really know), but after looking up their reviews, I decided to go for it. From our first contact, Christa was absolutely wonderful to work with. She really wants you to have a good experience as a client and does so at an affordable price. I had my trial about a month before the wedding and it turned out awesome and exactly like what I wanted. On the day of, she sent 3 hair and make-up people to get us all ready (I had the same people do mine that did at the trial). All 3 lovely ladies arrived early and went straight to work. I had a mix-up with one of my bridesmaids and the stylists were able to accommodate and add one more girl in and we were all still ready on time. Something that could've been a very stressful situation turned out just fine because of their flexibility and professionalism. Everyone LOVED their looks! I have been in about 8 weddings as a bridesmaid and I have never experienced a time when each and every girl liked their hair and make-up, so this was a first for me. I had one of the stylists come back to do a second look for my second ceremony (change it from down to an up-do). We were stuck in traffic and we were an hour late. Christa, the stylist, and just everyone was so accommodating and NICE and friendly about the whole thing, that it instantly took away my stress about being late. The up-do also lasted well into the night until I took it out after 1 am! What was my hardest vendor to find, turned out to be one of my best, head-ache free vendors! I highly recommend their services to future brides!

Reviewed on 7/22/2017 Joanne N

I live in NC, but my wedding was back home in the Chicago Suburbs (Westchester/Oak Brook area). Christa and her Total Image Team were incredible. I booked my wedding party, and when I needed to add my mother-in-law and niece (10 year-old -- just hair) at the last minute, they... Read More accommodated with no problem. I was a little apprehensive because I wasn't going to have time for a trial by the time I booked (I wouldn't make it back in town early enough), but I took a leap of faith anyway! They came to the hotel and got us ready, so the whole morning was relaxed and fun. No stressful salon trips, no transport concerns, etc., and they're a better value than most salons around! If you're thinking of booking Total Image but you're on the fence, go ahead and book. They are customer-focused and incredibly talented. With no trial, my hair and makeup was exactly as I imagined, and my bridal party, Mom, and mother-in-law looked great. You'll have wedding photos forever, and Total Image will make sure you look great!

Amazing Artistry

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Alicia G

I first met Christa over a year ago when I went into the shop for a spray tan with my friends who were getting married the following weekend. Christa also did make up for that friends wedding and everyone looked stunning. So, when it came around to selecting someone to do make... Read More up for my wedding, I knew exactly who to turn to. I had a trial with Jessica about 4 months before our wedding date and she did a fabulous job! I knew I was in good hands. On the day of our wedding Jessica was on time and ready to go, we ended up with 2 artists since I bought the makeup as a gift for my bridesmaids and family. The make up artists were extremely professional, yet easy to talk to and get along with. They finished all 10 of us in about 3 hours! Everyone felt beautiful and we received tons of compliments! Thanks Total Image!

Reviewed on 3/11/2018 Jessica P

I absolutely loved my makeup and my bridesmaids makeup. We had Alex and she was FANTASTIC. She even sang for us while doing our makeup, and let me tell you she has a beautiful voice! Alex took her time with each person and would fix things for us so that we felt confident and... Read More beautiful. I was so hesitant at first because my first hair and makeup trial went horrible. I had hair extensions that I wanted to use and we were attempting a half up half down style. It looked horrible and messy and the hairstylist promised that we would just fix it on the wedding day so I was happy. Well me being very shy agreed and went home. After looking at pictures of my hair and makeup I cried and was so upset that I couldn’t be confident I would look the best on my wedding day. Christa was immediately responsive to my concerns and scheduled a second trial for me. I ended up using my own hairstylist for my hair since it is very difficult to style and she has worked with my hair for years. But I was able to use Alex at my second makeup trial and loved her style. Christ sent a different hairstylist for my bridesmaids and I thought she did an excellent job at their hairstyles. Christa was always so responsive and checked on me throughout the process to make sure I was happy and stress free. I definitely would recommend Total Image for your wedding day! Just make sure to be honest at your trials and I think they will definitely work with you.

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Christine D

I used Total Image for hair and makeup for my wedding, and could not have been happier. I was a bit surprised when I had to send money for a deposit before even seeing a contract, but decided to trust other reviewers and go for it. I had my makeup trial (done by Christa) and... Read More hair trial (done by Jen) a little over a month before my wedding, and they were able to bring my vision to reality, taking pictures afterward so they could reference them on the day-of. On the wedding day, they traveled to our hotel in downtown Chicago and were set up and ready to go right on time. The four stylists/artists were able to do hair and makeup for 7 bridesmaids (including eyelashes on 3 of them), 2 mothers, and myself in under 3 hours. I was amazed at how quickly they worked, and everyone loved their looks when finished! Even better was that their package deals cost significantly less than any other beauty vendors I found in Chicago. I would highly recommend Total Image to any brides in the Chicago area!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Amy B

I think I was the most nervous about hair and makeup for the wedding since it would need to stay all day and it needed to photograph well. I was so happy with my hair and makeup for my wedding day. I wanted natural makeup and a low curly updo. It was absolutely perfect. I am so... Read More happy with how it turned out and how it stayed all night. I am also so happy with how it looked in the pictures. Andrea did a great job. She got all 6 of us done for hair and 3 done for makeup and we were even done almost an hour early.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Michelle G

Affordable. Great Customer Service. Gorgeous Results. Alex and Jenn, from Total Image Hair and Makeup, did the hair and makeup for myself, my three bridesmaids, and my (now) mother-in-law. They were fast, friendly, and made us all look absolutely gorgeous. They also traveled to... Read More our hotel the day of the wedding. I recommend having a hair and makeup trial before your wedding. I was iffy about it myself, but because of it, Alex and Jenn gave me suggestions on hair and makeup, including the use of extensions and false eyelashes. They made sure their opinions were not pushy in any way and told me I would look gorgeous no matter the decision I made. I wish I could hire these ladies to do my hair and makeup on a regular basis.

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Susan L

Christa was FANTASTIC! My makeup was flawless and stayed put all evening. Erin did our hair and did an absolutely beautiful job. I had clip in extensions, which I had never used before, and she made them look like they were part of my real hair. I would use Total Image again for... Read More any formal event!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Elana C

Make up came out well and lasted all day. Unfortunately, they don't offer individual lashes, only strips. My hair didn't stay quite as long as I thought it would but looked great through the pre-ceremony photos. Hair started coming out by dinner during the reception. I... Read More thought it would last at least part way through when the dancing started. Probably could have used more hair spray. One of the stylists was being a little bit snarky to the photographer.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Shannon E

Christa and her team are very professional, friendly and courteous. Christa was so accommodating to my needs throughout the whole process. Working with Andrea was so pleasant. She did everything I asked her to. My hair and makeup were beautiful. I would definitely... Read More recommend Total Image. I was pleased with my whole experience. A+ service all around. Thank you so very much for helping make my day wonderful!

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Elizabeth B

I had a wonderful experience with Christa and all the hair and makeup artists from Total Image. My hair and makeup trial went very well. The hair and makeup artists knew exactly what to do with my description of what I wanted to look like. On the actual day of my wedding, I... Read More looked exactly how I wanted to look. They do such a fantastic job! I was also so impressed with their efficiency. I had 8 bridesmaids, myself, and my mom and my husband's mom who all were getting hair and/or makeup done. Everything was finished on time, and everyone looked absolutely beautiful! And the hair and makeup artists were so nice! I absolutely recommend Total Image. They made the day start out smoothly, and I knew I didn't have to worry about how I looked. Book them!

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Juliana O

Total Image Bridal's team are friendly, professional, and timely!! I met Andrea during my hair and makeup trial. I really appreciated how she spent a lot of time listening to what I envisioned for the wedding and asking about my normal makeup routine so that she could create... Read More a look that was natural yet unique for my wedding day. At the end, I felt elegant very comfortable and ready to savor each moment of my wedding day. On the day of my wedding, Andrea and her team member arrived to the hotel to do the hair and makeup for the bridesmaids - they were extremely efficient, which my bridesmaids loved (they didn't have to sit around for hours waiting while everyone else got their hair and makeup done). I would highly recommend Andrea for bridal hair and makeup, in addition to the rest of Total Image Bridal's team artists!!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Megan C

I had the best experience with total image. They made everyone look FANTASTIC! Made the whole morning run smoothly and we had a ton of fun too!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Cynthia B

I booked them for my wedding. Andrea did my hair and makeup and my maid of honors hair. I would highly recommend them. I got so many complements on my hair and makeup. I loved how I looked. they made me feel like a princess on my wedding day

Reviewed on 6/24/2017 Chris P

I love that I was able to book a trail and work with the same makeup and hair artists on our wedding day, both the trail and day of looks ended up amazing and lasted through the night. It really helped save my time the day of to have them come to us to completely prepared for... Read More everything. I am very grateful I (and my bridesmaids and family) looked amazing because of Christa's team!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Anna P

Christa is amazing! She was easy to coordinate with even when planning my wedding from out of state. The hair & makeup trial went well and I knew that things would run smoothly for the wedding day. My Mom & all my bridesmaids loved working with Total Image Hair & Makeup too! I... Read More felt beautiful & was happy when Christa came back to the hotel we were getting ready at to touch-up my makeup because my fake lashes were coming loose before the photos.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Marie V

Unbelievable! Total Image was FANTASTIC- they did both Hair and Makeup for my wedding and they were awesome! My hair and makeup lasted ALL night, along with my bridesmaids hair and makeup! They did such a great job and it was worth it! You will NOT be disappointed with Total... Read Moreauyfcbefvrafaxtfuutwwtrufxwrzdburayxxw Image!

Reviewed on 3/23/2017 Kelly K

Andrea was AMAZING!!! She was on time, rolled with all the changes I wanted from my trial, and helped to make my day perfect. I looked like the bride I wanted to be since I was young! I would highly recommend Total Image!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Sarah L

So great!!! My wedding was on 11/26/16. We had Jessica do our makeup and Kelly do our hair. Both were WONDERFUL. We did a trial ahead of time which was super helpful - I made some adjustments for the actual wedding day and they were very accommodating. Along with my hair... Read More and makeup, they did my three bridesmaids, mom, and mother-in-law. Everyone was thrilled with how they turned out and looked great even at the end of the night. The day of the wedding we got ready at my parents' house and they met us there. They were on time, easy to work with, and so CALM. No rushing, impatience, etc. that I have experienced at other weddings. They actually lessened our stress! Just some nice chatting and taking our time getting ready. Very, very highly recommend Total Image and specifically Jessica and Kelly! And Christa who answered all my emails!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Samantha L

I used Total Image Bridal for my hair, makeup, and airbrush tan on 09/04/16. I am someone that is really picky when it comes to hair and makeup but I can honestly say that I was extremely impressed with Total Image and am very happy I decided to book them for my wedding. Christa... Read More did my makeup and I absolutely loved it! The airbrush look is perfect for a wedding. It gives off a natural look but still the perfect amount of coverage - there is nothing worse than having that cakey foundation look that many brides have up close when they don't do airbrush. Christa was also very reliable and got back to me right away with all my questions/calls, etc. I think the girl that did my hair's name was Jen.....I feel terrible that I can't remember for sure....but my hair was PHENOMENAL!! As a former hairstylist, I have never in my life been more impressed and excited about my hair. It was PERFECT! Four of the girls came to my house the morning of my wedding and were very nice and super professional. They did 8 girls' hair and makeup and were extremely quick. I also decided to get an airbrush tan. I was pretty nervous about this since I am pretty pale naturally and only had time to get this done the day before the wedding but it looked like a natural tan and I was the perfect color the day of the wedding. All in all, I was very happy with my decision to use Total Image and would definitely recommend them for others to use as well!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Katie S

My makeup artist was one of the best I have ever had: Jessica. My hair dresser was great and helped calm my nerves when I decided for an up-do last minute: Jen. Overall the experience was great. Everyone was on time and quick.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Ashley A

I met Christa during my first hair/makefup trial and she was amazing. Not only did she do my makeup perfectly, but she pulled me aside and let me know that she could tell I was not happy with my hair trial and that she wasn't either. Christa then sent Laura to my house to do a... Read More second trial for me - and she was amazing! Christa and Laura did a fabulous job for me, my bridesmaids, MIL, and even squeezed in my Grandma the day of with no problem. We had a great time with them and laughed the entire time. I cannot reccomend Total Image enough for your wedding! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Jacquelyn Cori B

Absolutely Fabulous! There aren't enough words to express how spectacular they were! I scheduled my bridal make up trial the same day as my engagement photos. The artist that was assigned to me incurred damage to her car and another artist had to step in. I was so afraid that... Read More I was going to have to reschedule the shoot but I was blown away by their flexibility to accommodate me that I knew I wanted them for my wedding day. The day of, they were prompt and laid back. As stressful as it is to get 6 ladies ready for a wedding, they made it easy. My mother in law didn't know she could look so naturally pretty. My Husband loved my make up on my wedding day better than the trial. Christa moved heaven and earth for me and I would recommend her and her team to anyone. Thanks for making my wedding day spectacular!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Caitlin K

I had looked at many hair and makeup companies and artists prior to coming across Total Image Bridal but when I saw the hundreds of images they had on their website and their competitive pricing, I knew I had to go in for a trial. The hair and makeup artists listened to what I... Read More wanted and translated the pictures that I gave them into exactly what I was looking for. Christa booked two hair stylists and one makeup artist for my wedding day where I had a total of 8 getting both hair and makeup done. It only took them 2 hours and everyone looked incredible! The airbrush foundation is incredible and made everyone's skin look flawless. Our makeup and hair stayed all day/night. I loved that we could purchase the lip gloss for touch ups. I would definitely use Total Image Bridal again and would highly recommend them to any bride to be! (Married 10/8/16)

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Teja D

It was so great to work with Total Image. The artists totally know their stuff and I learned some great beauty tips along the way. Loved my hair and makeup!! And I got it done twice! The morning for my Hindu ceremony with hair and colorful makeup perfect to match and up for the... Read More catholic ceremony with more subdued colors. My skin looked amazing in the photos! Thank you!

Christa

I started Total Image over 18 years ago and built it up from a two man team to what it is today. I handpick my artists to ensure that I have a top quality team to give my brides the look they have always dreamed of for their special day. I strive to give excellent customer service and personalized attention to each bride. I love what I do!:)