Twin Oaks House & Gardens

San Marcos, CA

Twin Oaks House & Gardens

Discover romance and elegance at this historic landmark estate in North San Diego County. Gorgeous gardens are shaded by an amazing circa 1891 eucalyptus forest, adorned with a dreamy gazebo, rose covered twinkle-lit arches, statuary, vintage lamp posts, elegant fountains -a bride's dream come true!

Ballroom, Garden, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

236 Deer Springs Road, San Marcos, CA (760) 510-1606

My Dreamy Garden Wedding

Reviewed on 7/21/2011 Miriam F

I fell in love with this venue even before I was engaged. I stumbled across their website when I was searching for a garden wedding venue, but I knew it would be a while before we got married so I put it in my back pocket until the time came. When we finally did visit it (by the... Read More way this was the first and only place we looked) it was even better than what the pictures could show. Perfectly nestled between orange orchards and horse ranches, a lush country garden beneath the lacy shade of eucalyptus trees surrounds an antique yellow school house. All over the grounds there are such sweet touches; a chalkboard that they wrote our names on and a poem on our wedding day, an old metal and wood swing hanging between two trees, crystal chandeliers hanging from trees, fountains and statues of love birds and angels placed perfectly amongst the flowerbeds. Everyone working there was so friendly and helpful too. They usually ask for 18 months before to reserve your date, but they were able to work with us to give us a date that was only 6 months away. 6 months to plan an entire wedding??? I thought it would be impossible, but with the staff at Twin Oaks and all the amenities that are provided with the wedding package: meal, cake, set up/tear down and wedding planning, the stress was taken out completely! Even the chef worked with us to create a custom dish, since we are both vegetarian and wanted something that would be filling and delicious for our guests who are also vegetarian, without being pasta. When we booked the place they gave us a wedding planing book that included everything from budget and timeline completion worksheets to where to have guests stay around the area. During our engagement we set up three meetings to go over wedding details. Because we had the venue all to ourselves for the whole day we were even able to bring some fun elements to our wedding that they helped set up, like cornhole, bocci ball and a photobooth. Our wedding day went so smoothly. All I had to do was show up, enjoy mimosas and appetizers with my bridesmaids in the bridal suite, which also happens to be the school house and has really beautiful lighting, with my bridesmaids while getting ready, I even had a lady in waiting! Our wedding turned out more beautiful than I ever imagined! We got so many compliments from our guests on everything! They loved the food, they loved the cake, and they all especially loved the venue! Saying our vows beneath the canopy of eucalyptus trees in front of a picturesque white gazebo was truly a dream come true.

Magical Wedding Day

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Christina V

My wedding on June 28th was so perfect & magical largely in part to Twin Oaks Garden Estate. I remember when I first walked into the venue, I knew instantly that I would have my fairytale wedding here. I can honestly say that everything ran smoothly & exactly as I had planned... Read More it for our wedding day. The venue itself is so unique & beautiful that all of our guests kept asking "how did you find this place, it's so beautiful!" Given that I had booked Twin Oaks back in April 2012, by the time June 2013 rolled around, they had made so many upgrades & added awesome improvements that it literally took my breath away. Chandeliers galore, fountains, gardens, upgraded bathrooms, seating area for cocktail hour etc, I was very pleased. The staff are all great, from the very first meeting to the final wedding day, they are very accommodating & informative. Pretty much everything is taken care of for you, the binder they provide brides with gives you all the info you need & a wonderful time-line. Julie & Megan were always favorites of mine but on my wedding day Elise & the rest of the staff def went above & beyond. From the time we arrived at the venue to the end of the night, someone was always there to help me. I cannot say thank you enough to them. I highly recommend this venue to couples looking for a magical but all inclusive venue. The setting is perfect, the staff takes care of it all for you so you can enjoy your day, my guests all loved the food, and the vendors they recommended to us were also amazing. I was so sad when my wedding was over because all my guests had so much fun including me & my husband, it was such an amazing day that none of us will ever forget.

LOVE this venue!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 leah f

Twin Oaks Garden Estate is such an AMAZING venue!!! We are wedding photographers and had to opportunity to shoot there for one of our clients. We were so impressed with the venue and the staff that we had to write a review. The Venue: Not only is the estate GORGEOUS but... Read More they have all kinds of fun vintage props and furniture for their couples to use on their wedding day. This really takes all of their wedding portraits to the next level. The bridal suite was absolutely incredible and made the perfect backdrop for getting ready portraits. It had more than enough room for all the girls to get ready comfortably. The ceremony site is secluded and serene with lots of trees surrounding this pretty white gazebo. It made their ceremony with their guests feel intimate and romantic. The reception area has these gorgeous crystal chandeliers hanging down that added a touch of elegance to the room. The food was the best that we've ever had at a venue and we shoot a lot of weddings! The light at the venue was perfect at all hours of the day with a plethora of places to take portraits at. The Staff: The thing that made the biggest impression on us was the staff. We were blown away by how attentive they were to our couple. When they were taking portraits with us they had someone assigned to follow us to help them right away if they needed anything. They moved tables for us that were in the way of pictures that we needed to take, brought them water because it was hot and helped re-route guests when the bride didn't want to be seen before the ceremony. Everything was on time and they were well staffed and prepared for the day. We could not say enough great things about Twin Oaks Garden Estate and would encourage any couple to get married here.

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Valerie P

Words can not express just how beautiful this venue is. I fell in love when I saw it online. I thought it was going to be out of our price range and almost didn't even go to look at it. After looking at a few other places, and only liking those places my fiance suggested we go... Read More at look at Twin Oaks. It's even more beautiful in person. There are so many cute little touches through out, it feels like you're in a fairy garden. We told them what our budget was and we were open to off season and weekdays. To our surprise we were able to book Twin Oaks! 3/9/17 was our wedding day and it was more than perfect! They give you 3 meetings leading up to your day to make sure you are on track with planning. But they are available through phone or email whenever you have a question. The caterer they use has some of the best food we ever had. They also give you a cutting cake as part of your package. Which was perfect because we ended up doing a dessert bar, so we were able to get the traditional cake cutting pics. Vanessa was our day of coordinator. She was so sweet and on point with everything. She made sure everything ran smoothly(which it did), made sure I had everything I needed, and was a pleasure to work with. Everyone at Twin Oaks is professional and friendly. They gave me my dream wedding!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Patrick H

Words cannot express the beauty and ease of Twin Oaks House and Garden Estate. Although, we ran into a problem early on with our date being double booked, the venue went above and beyond to compensate us and provided a wedding better than we could have imagined. All of our... Read More guests were in awe of the venue and said the dinner was absolutely delicious. We chose to have a late night mac&cheese bar and a cookie bar for dessert; both were huge hits with the guests! Throughout the planning process, the venue provides you with three meetings with wedding coordinators to keep your planning on track and to help you with any questions you may have. They were incredibly helpful and we loved Kelsey, who was our coordinator for the rehearsal and the wedding day. Everything went on without a hitch and we would HIGHLY recommend this venue. Their prices are more than fair for what they offer! Chairs, tables, linens, food, set up and take down of your decor and coordinators are ALL INCLUDED!!! We even got a personal assistant, in addition to the coordinator, to help us with any day of needs...she even held our drinks for us an followed us around during our photographs with them! The bar tenders are also fantastic! If you live in Southern California, you cannot go wrong with Twin Oaks House and Garden Estate!

Reviewed on 1/22/2017 Katherine W

I fell in love with Twin Oaks House and Garden the moment we set foot there. I truly believe that this was one of the best choices that we made for our wedding. First, the grounds are beautiful, positively magical. Second, they take care of SO MUCH. We were planning our wedding... Read More from a distance and having their coordination team help us with all of the details was key. I thought I would be much more stressed out, but they handle everything like pros (because they are pros) and we had nothing to worry about. I'd like to give a special shout out to Kelsey, who I met with at 2 of my 3 coordination meetings and she was our rehearsal and day of coordinator. She is AMAZING! She's like a wedding ninja - sneaking around making sure that every detail is perfect! Also, Chef Billy! We had such a fun time at our food tasting and everything was so amazing it was hard to choose which dish we liked best...but we did choose...and our guests raved about how good their meals were! I'm so happy with everything the Twin Oaks House and Gardens has to offer and I can't recommend them enough!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 carol r

Wow, they did everything for us. It was amazing. you meet with them one on one three times but you can call and email them any questions you have. They go through everything to every detail. It was perfect. Kelsey did an amazing job. From decor to food to linens etc it... Read More went perfectly. They have so many different items to choose from. It was perfect and everything went according to the plans. I would highly recommend Twin Oaks garden Estate.

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Hanh N

I had my wedding at Twin Oaks Garden on June 2, 2016. It was absolutely magical! It was a destination wedding for us and Twin Oaks could not have done a better job organizing and making it easy for out of towners. This venue is an enchanting garden. I fell in love with it after... Read More a Skype tour and loved it more when I finally got to visit. From the beginning, the staff is very informative, helpful, and quick to respond to your questions. I worked with Kelsey and Kay. They are super patient and helpful. The venue offers great upgrades and decor for use. On the day of the wedding, everything went seamlessly. I have been maid of honor twice and a bridesmaid 7 times and know something always goes wrong and was expecting it. But honestly, everything went perfect. I was so impressed by the staff and how prepared they were. Kay was absolutely amazing and was such a sweetheart. She gave me such great tips. I also had Sarahi by my side as my assistant. Both ladies were amazing. They were always around and frequently checked up on me. I am still getting compliments about the venue from my guests. It was beautiful. Even better, the food was amazing. I did a sample plate of the beef filet with crab stuffed prawns and lobster ravioli. My guests said it was one of the best wedding meals they have had. Our bartender was Grant and he was a hit. My guests loved him! My only complaint is that it ended too soon. I would highly recommend Twin Oaks Garden. Thank you for making my wedding day so special and magical. You guys were amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Christina S

I would highly recommend this venue to any couple looking for a beautiful outdoor venue in southern California! We had our wedding here in August and absolutely loved everything about it! The best part of this venue is their staff. They set up three meetings that go over... Read More everything you could ever think of and then the day before the wedding you just bring everything and tell them where to put it and they will make it look perfect on your wedding day. And the food is just amazing - we were told by so many people that it was the best wedding food they had ever had. I also loved the rustic farm tables with the mismatched china. They also will make your day of go by so smooth! If anything went wrong I sure didn't know about it! Love this venue and staff. Definitely worth the money!

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Peace S

It has taken me a few months to write this review, but it is long overdue. We had an amazing wedding on 06/13/15 at Twin Oaks House & Gardens! Every person that works there goes above and beyond to guarantee that the bride and groom have a spectacular wedding, beginning with... Read More the planning and up to the very last second of the wedding day. Kelsey, Dana, Haley, and Kay helped us every step of the way and were friendly, kind, supportive, courteous, and professional. I could go on, but there aren't enough words to express our gratitude! I want to thank everyone at Twin Oaks for helping us to have our dream wedding!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015 Liz C

This was THE BEST place I could have chosen to get married for several reasons. The ambiance is absolutely gorgeous, romantic, and intimate/private. I didn't want a wedding where others could join / look in so this was perfect. The bridal suite is UNREAL it's so vintage,... Read More historic and gorgeous. If you want photos that look like they're from a wedding magazine then this is the place for you. The staff is on top of it! They only do one wedding a day and know the business of weddings in and out. I think I worked with every single planner they have, and every time I called, emailed, or met with them they had all communicated so I didn't have to repeat myself. They were extremely helpful through the whole process whether it was recommending outside preferred vendors (who were great), helping with logistics or reminding me what we had discussed. I was very impressed with their customer service through the 10 months I worked with them, as well as over the moon happy with my day of experience. Almost every attendee at my wedding commented on how amazing the venue was. It's gorgeous and at night the twinkle lights make it look like a fairytale. My day of coordinators were Kelsey and Hannah and they treated me like a queen, and they were so on top of the entire schedule. You can't go wrong with any of them. I didn't have to think of any planning that day, which was a big relief. The only downside (and it isn't that big of a deal) was that it was NOT long enough. I do wish they were flexible on shutting the bar down at 9:30pm, and ending strictly at 10pm. The day is short as it is so I would have liked to keep the dancing going a bit longer, but other than that...it is a perfect place for a wedding. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed on 7/27/2015 Cindy B

We recently had our wedding at Twin Oaks Garden Estate and were delighted. The venue is charming....the centerpiece is a schoolhouse built in 1891 filled with antique furnishings. The grounds are covered with twinkle lights, flowers and fountains. You truly feel like you have... Read More stepped into a fairy tale when you enter through the ivy-covered trellis. Many of our guests commented on how unique and beautiful the property is. They even allow you to use pieces from their antique furniture collection in your wedding decor. And since they only do one wedding per day, you are not rushed and there is ample parking for your guests. The cost of the venue includes coordination services (3 meetings) as well as a lot of the decor that is an up charge at other venues. They really strive to make it easy for you to design the wedding of your dreams. The bride and her wedding party get to spend several hours before the wedding relaxing in the schoolhouse-turned-bridal suite. This provides a great setting for photos and merriment. They even have a huge mirror with a pedestal step so that you can put on your wedding dress and see it in its entirety. This is not something that you will find at other venues in San Diego county! If you are looking for a venue that provides charm, beauty, and romance, you must go check out Twin Oaks!

January Wedding

Reviewed on 2/04/2015 Miriam T

The venue is unique and beautiful. They treat you like royalty. They are all very nice. The only thing I disliked was that the coordinator would tell me one thing, and the day before my wedding the Director said another thing and I ended up paying more money. Towards the end,... Read More the coordinators seemed so fake, and they made me feel so uncomfortable, but that was only their administration. Everything else was perfect. We have gotten nothing but amazing reviews of our wedding. A lot of people have said it is the best venue they've ever been to. There's a lot of regulations on outside food (even snacks like chocolate), and the music, so just be aware of that.

Halloween Wedding

Reviewed on 11/26/2014 Krystal A

I found Twin Oaks on the Knot, It looked soo pretty on the internet so my fiance (now husband) decided to go check it out. We both fell in love as soon as we walked under the arch and saw the school house and all the greenery and trees so beautiful and that was during the day.... Read More The wedding planners really helped me out a lot and made the planning process as stressful as possible. They were all soo nice. Our wedding went off without a hitch, if there was anything that went wrong attendant handled it right away so I wouldn't be bothered. I got soo many compliments on how gorgeous the venue is and how intimate it is. Food was great too. I defiantly recommend this venue 110%!!

My wedding dream come true

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Rachel R

One trip to view the property and meet the staff at twin oaks, and you'll immediately see what other reviewers have gushed about. The grounds are absolutely breathtaking (note: every time you go, they get prettier and prettier!) The staff was absolutely top quality. Twin Oaks... Read More was our first venue we looked at, and we knew immediately that this was the place for us and these were the people we wanted to work with. They were always 10 steps ahead of any questions or concerns I had, extremely organized, and provided top service every step of the way. I've been to weddings where the entire wedding party and more are running around the day of the wedding, setting up centerpieces, explaining to vendors how things should look, etc. Never would that happen at Twin Oaks. I did not have a single concern about the wedding day and how they would execute what we had discussed in our planning meetings. They did not disappoint in the slightest. To our coordinator, Dana, and my lovely "lady in waiting" Erin, THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I'm actually tearing up thinking about how amazingly wonderful you were to us on our wedding day. We could not have done this without you, and for that we will always be grateful.

Venue

Reviewed on 8/13/2014 Nancy M

After a few misunderstanding with our budget and contract, we were happy with Twin oaks. The venue is gorgeous and the bridal suite is to die for. There are many coordinators that you work with during the planning process. Our favorites are Dana and Christian! We had a few minor... Read More problems the day of so I suggest you have a friend or family member keep track of the things that get packed up to bring home. We lost many of our handmade items(mostly they were tossed out). Also, the food wasn't exactly what we were expecting(we had a couple if requests and provided recipes but they were ignored!) :(

Beautiful Property and Exceptional Service

Reviewed on 5/04/2014 Jamie M

Twin Oaks is an absolutely gorgeous garden venue. I was married there on April 12, 2014. My husband and I fell in love with the property on our first visit. We didn't even look at any other venues. We booked it immediately and we never regretted that decision. Let's start with... Read More the venue's most obvious benefit. The entire property is gorgeous. The gardens are lush and beautiful. The twinkle light walkways are so romantic at night. The tented reception has lovely and elegant details. The antique bridal suite and the totally awesome bar are fabulous. I could go on and on. The venue is beautiful. AND they are constantly improving it. Since booking the venue last year, they have added several wonderful areas. The whole place is just lovely and you feel wonderful walking around the property. ALL of our pictures turned out beautifully. Our photographers were SUPER excited because there are so many great spots to use for taking pictures. The staff at Twin Oaks is also excellent. Every single coordinator and staff member that we worked with was wonderful. They all put such care into their work and it shows. Everyone is polite and respectful. The coordinators help plan your special day and show such patience and enthusiasm during each meeting. I felt VIP every time I called with a question. Emails were always responded to promptly. On the day of the ceremony, you have a dedicated day-of coordinator and your own personal bridal assistant. Both my coordinator (Chris) and my assistant (Rebecca) were fantastic. Chris made everything run smoothly - there were absolutely NO issues (and if there were, I didn't know about them). All of my bridesmaids and I LOVED Rebecca. She made the day seem really special by taking care of every detail as we got ready before the ceremony. She was so much fun, too. She was constantly checking with me to see if I needed anything or straightening my dress. I used their preferred DJ Vendor Mark Huntzinger and their recommended florist Jerri Disney. Both were wonderful and I highly recommend them as well. I could go on and on about this place. I loved everything about Twin Oaks and several of my guests are now hoping they will get married here as well because they loved it so much too. I really can't stop gushing to everyone. Book this place! You won't regret it!

The Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 4/17/2014 Stefanie J

Twin Oaks is such a beautiful Romatic Venue. As soon as I saw it I knew this is where my wedding would be. Every step of the way the people at Twin Oaks were accomadating. I am very particular and had a specific vision for my wedding day. Everything exceeded my expectations, it... Read More turned out beautifully. The food was amazing, and the bar tenders keeps the lines down. the Bridal assistant I was given the day of was such a wonderful help!

No Worries Venue

Reviewed on 4/09/2014 Stacy R

Our wedding was on 2-28-14, the first downpour San Diego county saw in over 5 years!!! (Of course!) The entire venue is absolutely breathtaking (just look at the pictures), so I was a little disappointed that due to the rain we were only able to utilize about half of it, but... Read More the staff at the venue made everything flow so smoothly, I'm almost glad it rained!!! Our ceremony was moved inside the reception tent, and it was so intimate and romantic, there really are no words to describe it other than perfect! The staff treated all of our guests and family with respect, they were always there to make sure my husband and I had everything we needed to be happy. They made it a point to communicate with our other vendors and coordinate all of the details. They even offered to let us return when the weather was nicer to take additional pictures. . . now I just have to convince my husband to get dressed up again!!! Thank you Twin Oaks!

Perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 4/08/2014 Sarah T

We had an absolutely amazing experience getting married at Twin Oaks! We booked the venue about a year before the wedding date and everyone was super helpful with getting us organized for the big day. Our wedding turned out perfect - I couldn't have asked for anything more... Read More magical or beautiful - and it goes down as the happiest day of my life (thus far). The venue is GORGEOUS, the food was amazing, and the staff treated me like a queen while ensuring that the entire day ran smoothly and relatively stress-free. Twin Oaks Wedding Estate was the key to turning my dream wedding into a reality!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 3/08/2014 Miranda T

Wow! We had an absolutely perfect day! All of the staff were amazing and professional! The day before/on your rehearsal we checked in all of our decor and they set it all up perfectly the day of the wedding! It just looked like I pictured it! The coordinators made sure we... Read More ate, and made sure that the day ran smoothly. I honestly couldn't have asked for more. We both felt little to no stress that day because it was all taken care of. I would definitely recommend this venue if you want a garden wedding/vintage theme. This place is almost a one stop shop for all of your decor, food, linens, and the cake! If your also on a budget and fall in love with it...try and book it on the off season!

98% awesome

Reviewed on 2/27/2014 Robin L

I was really impressed with TOHG. After we found a date that fit in our budget (February, their minimum's aren't the cheapest), we began to plan the wedding. they include a "wedding planner" with your package, which includes them having a few meeting with you before the wedding,... Read More and a coordinator the day of (A MUST). My (now husband, yay!) and I thought they were professional, easy to work with, and met almost all our expectations. Pros: - They Do almost EVERYTHING. Food. Cake. Set Up, Tear Down. Even packing up all your decor at the end of the night so you can put it in your car. I was surprised at the day of bridal helper I got too - so clutch. - Meetings were useful and made our wedding planning much easier. I loved that the centerpieces came with the package - Everything was well organized, down to the cake tasting, food tastings and payments. - The employees are friendly and know what they're doing. - This place does weddings and it's very clearly that they know what they're doing. - We had GREAT LUCK with their recommended vendors. See my other reviews for those. - Gorgeous venue! Seriously, every single picture we have from our wedding is ridiculously beautiful. CONS: - Fairly pricey, but you can bring your own booze! - We paid extra for the "gourmet" food and while the filet was quite delicious, the salmon was definitely overcooked and quite dry. - Even though you can bring your own booze, the bartender is $650...for the night. - You need to be flexible for meeting times, since they don't have many on weekends (due to weddings, of course) At the end of the day, despite the cons, they definitely earned their 5 stars. I was seriously impressed with the value for the price, and having the professionals there during the wedding planning process was priceless. Definitely worth the money.

AMAZING, Beautiful location

Reviewed on 2/19/2014 jessica O

My guests are still raving that it was the most beautiful wedding they have seen. everyone we worked with at Twin Oaks was so nice and helpful. The entire year of planning was so NON-stressful...I recommend anyone to have their wedding here!

Incredible!

Reviewed on 2/09/2014 Caitlin B

This venue is amazing! Their packages are all inclusive with coordinator available every day and they truly have wonderful customer service. I felt so taken care of during the entire year of planning and the day of! The site is private and they only do one event a day so it... Read More really was the perfect place for our wedding!

Wonderfully amazing!!

Reviewed on 2/02/2014 Marin J

Twin Oaks House was completely amazing! The venue itself was absolutely beautiful and the staff was incredible! We had a completely stress-free day and the wedding of our dreams all thanks to Twin Oaks House!