Cuisine

American, Eastern European, French, Indian, Italian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, Fusion

Dietary Options

Vegetarian

Buffet, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering

1001 Pawtucket Blvd, Lowell, MA (978) 970-0212

Reviewed on 8/27/2017 Angela P

Two Chefs Are Better Than One is an amazing catering company! They catered our wedding last Labor Day weekend 2016 and we could not have been happier! The entire staff is friendly, easy to communicate with, and provides excellent service. Tara was our event coordinator and I... Read More could not have thanked her enough. During the days leading up to the wedding and weeks following the wedding, I often found myself saying that she was a god send and that I don't know what I would have done without her! She helped us with so many details including the menu, floor plan for the reception, all of our rentals, and timeline for the day. Our venue was new (I think our wedding was the 12th one hosted there) and the kitchen wasn't completed yet. Somehow, Tara and the Two Chefs staff were still able to pull off a beautiful event with excellent food! My dad (who works in the industry) still says that it was one of the smoothest weddings he has ever been to. I would highly recommend Two Chefs Are Better Than One. They are simply amazing!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Alyssa S

We hired Two Chefs to cater our wedding and we could not have been happier. The food was delicious and the service was amazing. The location where we held our wedding required the catering company to set up the ceremony and reception area. Two Chefs made this process easier by... Read More providing a questionnaire and a link to a website that allowed us to create a layout. One of their event coordinators, Tara, then took care of all the little details. She reached out to the rental companies, met me at the venue to do a walk through, and she even helped me get down the aisle on the day of the wedding. Before getting me down the aisle, Tara was setting up the venue with the other staff from Two Chefs. Within a few short hours the staff had the venue set up just the way we had pictured it. Two Chefs did a wonderful job and we appreciate everything they did for us on our special day!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Melissa M

From the very start everyone at Two Chefs was FABULOUS! They were the first caterer to respond to us, allow us to customize our menu, and put together a private tasting where we received top notch service and food! We haven't stopped receiving compliments on how delicious the... Read More food was at our wedding. Not only was the food amazing, but the service was too. Everyone who worked our wedding was so personable and professional. The entire Two Chefs team really was an extension of our wedding coordinator, always there to lend a hand and help keep the flow of the wedding moving. One of our biggest requests was getting through dinner in a timely manner, which is why we chose to do stations and we are so happy we did. Everyone went through the stations and was eating within 20-30 minutes, then could go back up for seconds or thirds for another hour, it worked out perfectly just how we envisioned. We highly recommend having Two Chefs cater your wedding!

Reviewed on 8/22/2017 Jess B

Hiring Two Chefs to do the catering for our wedding was hands down the best decision we made. Tara was absolutely amazing, I loved working with her. She was patient, answering my hundreds of questions, always made me feel calm, I trusted her 100%, and she was extremely... Read More personable and enjoyable to work with. The staff the day of were also great, super helpful and friendly—everything was beautiful as they brought in extra flowers and little decorations that matched our wedding theme. They made sure everything went seamlessly—I didn’t have to worry about anything and was able to just focus on enjoying the day, from setup to breakdown and even sending me home with extra desserts since they knew I had a sweet tooth! The food was delicious, and we got many compliments from guests. We did the silver buffet, guests went through the line really quickly so there weren’t long waits and the food was presented beautifully. Tara really worked with us, helping us stay within our budget while also having ample and delicious passed appetizers, dinner, and desserts, and helped make our vision of the day a reality as we had many DIY pieces that they helped setup. We were planning this from out of town and Tara was extremely flexible with our schedules for when we could travel in for the tasting as well as the walk through. Our original venue shut down 6 months before the wedding (eek!). Tara was on top of it, giving us a head’s up when she started hearing through the grapevine that the venue was having troubles, and then making herself completely available to take our calls and answer emails, actively helping us to find a new venue which did not seem like part of her job description. Tara also made the wedding day perfect and just how we envisioned it, helping with things that I wouldn’t have even expected her to help with, truly going above and beyond. My husband and family agree that Tara made the wedding what it was—a happy and flawless day! We are so grateful to her and to Two Chefs. Without hesitation I fully recommend Two Chefs for your wedding!!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Maria C

Two Chefs did the most amazing job catering our wedding and people are still talking about how great the food was. We worked with Jamie and Tara to create the perfect menu for our event and they gave us helpful feedback and suggestions, all while accommodating our requests.... Read More The day of the wedding, Steve and his staff served the most amazing food. Everything from the appetizers to the late night snack was hot, beautifully presented and so delicious. Kathy and the servers made sure that we were well taken care of and was so nice to our friends and families. We couldn't recommend Two Chefs more! We hope to use them again soon :)

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Jaclyn M

My wedding was a week ago and I am already trying to find reasons to hire these people again! I contacted several caterers and this vendor jumped out from the start and gave me a good feeling. Jamie was the person I initially worked with and Jamie was incredibly responsive, very... Read More friendly, flexible, accommodating, and any other positive adjectives you can think of. They worked with us on the menu, worked with us on what they could provide for our price point, and we had a great tasting of our full menu including appetizers. All of our guests RAVED about the food and asked if they had a restaurant. The venue where I got married uses them for their own events so I knew they had to be good. The day of, they were so incredibly polite and helpful. So sweet to all of my guests making sure I got to eat my apps, getting me whatever I needed, got my grandmother her food since she couldn't walk well to get to the buffet, and helped with full clean up (even my centerpieces) at the end of the night. Can't say enough good things.

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Jennifer H

Two Chefs is one of the three preferred caterers for our venue and they exceeded all of our expectations. Right from our first email to Two Chefs we felt like they were in the business of helping us put together a tasty menu that made us smile within a budget we could afford.... Read More Our main contact was Jamie and she always provided prompt, friendly and helpful responses. Simply put, she is awesome! She worked with us from start to near finish by helping us to put together a delicious menu for our cocktail hour appetizers, New England inspired buffet dinner, brownie and cannoli dessert display and a last minute addition of a late night snack hot dog bar. The hot dogs started off as a joke, but she made it a reality for us! Her day-of staff helped to set up the tables, linens and menu cards at each place setting. They did a beautiful job! Even with a last minute rain change, they quickly adjusted the set up and turnover. Two Chefs was so great to work with and I would wholeheartedly recommend them for their service and quality of food. We were in great hands and not once did I have to worry about the day-of coordination for the food service or the actual taste of the food -- it's delicious, flavorful and fun!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Aubrey S

I cannot say enough good things about Two Chefs!! Jamie worked with me through the whole planning process to create a menu that fit our budget but accommodated our champagne tastes! I wasn't able to go to the tasting, as my planning was done long distance, but my maid of honor... Read More and her husband came away raving and we knew that they were the right fit. The food at the wedding was absolutely incredible, and all my guests gushed about how much they loved it. I hope I can find an excuse to use them for another event in the future!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Molly B

Two Chefs anticipated and exceeded every need we had! The food was amazing! The guests are still talking about it weeks later. Jamie was so easy to work with and guided us through every step of the process, connecting us with other vendors who were all also amazing. There... Read More were many choices within our budget, and we did not feel like we had to compromise on anything. The day was flawless. Leftovers were packed for our family to take home afterward. Joanne even helped me fix my dress right before the ceremony! I felt like I was being taken care of by family. We were able to relax and enjoy the day. They really made our wedding complete.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Melissa D

I cannot say enough good things about Two Chefs and specifically, Tara. Two Chefs catered my husband and I's wedding last weekend in Haverhill, MA and from the start, Tara and her team were incredible. We planned everything from out-of-state which tends to add a new layer of... Read More stress but Tara was the perfect antidote to our fears. She was prompt with every reply, took the time to answer all of our questions and was incredibly organized. My husband and I couldn't attend the first tasting, so Tara generously allowed my parents and in-laws to come in for the initial tasting, then had my husband and I come back in for a second tasting when we were in town so we wouldn't miss out. I should also mention that the food was EXCELLENT. Tons of options within our budget and super yummy. Everyone at our wedding said the same. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to work with Tara and we couldn't be more appreciative to her and her team. Hands down - best catering company in the Merrimack Valley.

Reviewed on 6/06/2016 Allison J

(apologies if this posts twice, the first one got cut off early) Two Chefs far, far exceeded my expectations. Not only were they the best value, but the food was excellent. I appreciated that at the tasting, they gave us a sample of all the dishes on our own menu. The food at... Read More the wedding was even better than at the tasting. The guests raved about how fantastic the food was and that it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding. Tara helped me coordinate with the room setup and linens. I rented a pretty basic venue, and discussed what look I wanted to achieve (but was not willing to exert much money or effort to achieve it). Tara helped steer me away from what I THOUGHT would look good (peach tablecloths) and recommended what would look best and be most cost effective (white tableclothes with peach napkins). She was exactly right. I left the centerpieces (which I bought used on craigslist) and Two Chefs set them up for me and the effect was breathtaking. I couldn't believe how gorgeous the whole event was. The servers and bartenders were excellent and took great care of us, and coordinated with the DJ to keep the event running smoothly. Tara also coordinated very well with the venue in advance. I can't recommend these folks enough. We met with one other caterer that enticed us with more bells and whistles but also a lot of cost - and so I felt like I was taking a bit of a gamble by choosing Two Chefs. But now that the wedding has come and gone, I can't say enough about how incredible they were, both in the planning and the execution. BOOK THEM.

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 Emily C

Two Chefs has the BEST food and value! We loved working with the team at Two Chefs -- from the tasting (where we were treated to an abundance of incredible food and walked away with a half dozen doggie bags!) to the reception (where the catering staff got into the Halloween... Read More spirit for our wedding and arrived in costume!), every aspect was perfect. My husband and I especially appreciated how kind and attentive the staff was during our wedding, and many of our guests complimented the excellent service. Thank you so much for making our day memorable!

Delicious Food! Great people!

Reviewed on 1/03/2015 Jennifer M

We used Two Chefs Catering for our wedding this past August (2014) at the Pierce House in Lincoln, MA. We began by doing a tasting at their facility-it was fabulous! Not only were our parents invited, we were treated to a delicious dinner, and given leftovers. We met event... Read More coordinator, Jamie, and Chef Katie, both of who are very nice and personable. They answered all of our questions and explained the various options, while keeping an open ear to our suggestions. We were also invited to attend a tasting at another site. This event was lovely and again allowed us to taste many of Two Chefs offerings. Moving forward, we worked with Jamie to customize our menu and timeline for our wedding reception. The Two Chefs team, lead by Jamie and Chef Katie, cooked and served a remarkable meal. We received numerous compliments during the wedding, and friends still mention how delicious the food was (short ribs, ravioli, tomato mozzarella salad to name a few). The service was great and Two Chefs helped to make our wedding day truly amazing. I would highly recommend Two Chefs Catering for your next event.

Amazing!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2013 Natalie G

I cannot say enough good things about Two Chefs are Better Than One. I am struggling on where to even begin on how they helped me through each detail and step. They are not only a caterer but also event planners! Two Chefs Are Better Than One are an efficient, organized and... Read More detail oriented Caterer. When I called Two Chefs they E-Mailed me a menu that made my mouth water reading it. This was fine dining catering, not your typical event or wedding food at all. Not only is their menu extensive but there was something for everyone’s budget. We got married at an Art Museum/Institute and wanted our food to be as artful as the art surrounding us and they did not fail to deliver. Our tasting was so exciting with the presentation and amazing taste. They are also very generous and let us take home the leftovers and even prepared cookies to go for us for dessert. Detail oriented and thoughtful! They were very willing to work with us to accommodate for things to be more/less sweet/salty and get the flavors we were looking for. They also are very accommodating for food allergies and special meals (gluten free, kosher, etc.). Two Chefs works with Peterson Party Center rental company which is amazing as well. They have a great relationship and work together to please their clients. I must have gone back at least 3 times with Jamie to pick out all of my china, linens, etc. She was so patient and just wanted my wedding to be an amazing time to remember. Jamie went above and beyond to find exactly what I wanted when I could not at the rental company. Jamie knew my vision of the event and went above and beyond to help me make that vision come true. I am definitely a perfectionist and they embraced it and worked with me instead of fighting me and putting me into a box. They really customize each of their events and offer all they can to make it perfect!! Jamie took time the day before the event to meet with me at the venue to make sure everything looked as I wanted it. They never stop working for you, and I really believe they truly care about you like family. Growing up Italian, food is one of my number one priorities. I wanted my guests to walk away amazed and I know they were. Don't settle for those typical caterers who put a creamy white sauce on every dish. There's hope out there for you foodies and it's Two Chefs are Better Than One!!!

Helpful Staff, Wonderful Food!

Reviewed on 8/12/2013 Allie W

We used Two Chefs for our June 2013 wedding, and we cannot say enough wonderful things about them. We found them on the internet in a desperate search for a caterer who was actually willing to work within our wedding budget and not dictate to us a menu beyond what we could... Read More afford. We did a tasting and were immediately very impressed with the food and care. Our family had never planned an event where the caterer was not associated with the venue and this was something we were nervous about. From the beginning, Jamie, the event manager was very helpful. She responded quickly to our questions and had answers to all of them. Most of the time, the answer was simply not to worry about it because they would handle it and had often already anticipated the question. She was great at communicating with the representative at our venue, and the two of them worked seamlessly together on the day of. Now, the food. All we can say is awesome! We are still getting so many compliments! We especially liked that they put a lot of thought into the veggie/vegan option. All of our food choices (chicken with ricotta, macadamia crusted salmon, and vegetable terrine) were absolutely delicious. Two Chefs also provided our desserts, which were absolutely incredible and also really fairly priced. We cannot recommend Two Chefs highly enough!

Dreams Do Come True...with a little help!

Reviewed on 11/11/2012 Celena K

I was married a year ago. I'm an older first time bride and work full time. My husband and I decided to get married and only gave ourselves 6 months to plan and execute. There was never any question of where the wedding and reception would occur, my parent’s garden for the... Read More wedding and the reception under a tent in their field. When we started to look for caterers, my mother suggested Two Chefs are Better Than One. She had used them for a small dinner party of 25 and loved them. Said the food was fabulous and the service was outstanding. We decided not to try to track down any other caterers. Two Chefs offers a wide range of pricing and as I had done my homework, I knew their prices were very reasonable. The bonus, which I didn't know at the time, is that they also act as a wedding coordinator. Jamie was not only our contact for their catering, but she was also our wedding coordinator. This was a huge bonus for me. Jamie was fantastic and helped eased much of my anxiety over putting on such a big affair. Jamie’s quiet assurance went a long way in soothing my pre wedding jitters. She and I discussed what we wanted and she took care of everything. They offered a food tasting but we declined as we didn't have time. Besides my mother's review of their food, we had talked to some other people, who all raved about the food. Jamie took care of every detail and brought up ideas, including last minute details I hadn't thought of or things that should be done. The tent , the furniture, the place settings; every detail was covered. When we found out they could also arrange for the tent and furniture I was thrilled. One less person to contact. The set up and take down was like magic! The tent went up a few days before hand, and the day of the wedding , the crew and Jamie from Two Chefs came to set up all the furniture and set tables etc. And the day after everything was picked up and gone. One would never know a wedding had occurred there. The night before the wedding it poured and was still grey the morning of. But the sun came out as we said our vows. When I walked into the tent for the first time I couldn't believe the transformation that had occurred due to the hard work of the Two Chefs crew. It was gorgeous!! The tables were perfect with the white linens an elegant backdrop for the colorful arrangements. The appetizers were scrumptious and the cheese platter people raved about. The buffet was beautiful. We went with the original menu suggested by Jamie and I'm glad we did. Friends, who had been at the wedding, were raving weeks afterwards about how great the food was. In addition to the set up and serving the food, Jamie was right there to help me with the informal scheduling of things; first dance, speeches etc. She kept track of the time so I didn't have to and coordinated with the band. It was all effortless on my part and so smoothly done on the part of Jamie and the Two Chef's crew. They were incredibly helpful and cheerful. I had always dreamed of being married in my parents garden followed by a reception under a tent in the field. Two Chef's are Better Than One helped make a little girl's fantasy into a grown woman's dream come true with elegance and finesse and superior food and service! A huge THANK YOU to Two Chefs are Better than One – for making dreams come true!

Unbelievably Delicious

Reviewed on 8/11/2012 lianna h

Wow. That's a good word to describe our experience with Two Chefs. It all began when my initial catering choice cancelled on me 3 months before the big day. My planner and I immediately started a new search and I came across Two Chefs are Better than One through the web. We had... Read More a quote for our eclectic menu within days and a tasting scheduled within a week. The tasting was INCREDIBLE!!! And we got to take home all the leftovers, which was insane. Our event coordinator, Alison, was so attentive and organized - she managed to get our rentals under control in no time. The day of the wedding was no exception. They took our station style menu and worked wonders. Everyone talked about how good the food was and gave so many compliments to the Chefs. The service staff was awesome - one server heard me make a comment about how I missed the cheese table during cocktail hour - next thing I knew I had a personal cheese and cracker plate at my dinner place setting. Unreal! I could go on an on - all you really need to know is that you will not be disappointed with Two Chefs!

Amazing Food!

Reviewed on 10/14/2011 Amanda P

My husband and I wanted to have food that people would love, not the stereotypical dull and generic wedding food. We also wanted to find something that would fit within our pretty tight budget. Two Chefs was nothing but delicious, professional, budget friendly and unique.... Read More They prepared a Stations menu for us with pasta bar, meat carving and seafood stations. Guests were raving about the food during the event and even call us and told our families after that it was the best wedding food they had ever eaten. I am so happy we worked with them!

Two Chefs is the best!

Reviewed on 8/09/2011 Joni B

We heard about Two Chefs from a friend of ours, and we could not have been more pleased with everything that they did. They brought us in for a fantastic tasting with tons of food, and the food on the day of the wedding was just as good. What really sets Two Chefs apart from... Read More other caterers who make good food is their event coordinator, Alison. I referred to her as my "wedding angel" while I was planning, and it was true. She went above and beyond in every area, and from the beginning planning stages to the day of she was always three steps ahead of me. She thought of everything, and made sure our day was perfect! They provide great food, excellent service, and they will work to fit within any budget that you have. Use them!

Two Chefs Is Better Than Any Other Caterer

Reviewed on 7/08/2011 Ju Lin T

This caterer did an incredible job - they not only treated me like I was their only bride, but they acted as my free event coordinator, worked well with my venue (who was difficult to work with), took special care of my guests who had specific food allergies and handled all of... Read More my decorations. They paid attention to every aspect of my wedding and as a bride, I felt like I just sat back and let them handle everything. They worked well with all of the other vendors and always kept me up to date with things that were happening next, like when the cake cutting was happening, when I needed to change my dress...everything. If I could give them more than 5 stars, I would. And they are willing to work with any budget, other caterers say this but then really don't hold to it, but Two Chefs was true to their word and they work extra hard to try and get under your budget. I felt like other caterers were out to get every penny of mine, but not Two Chefs - they treated me like family.