Golden Age of Elegance with Fairy Tale Charm.

The Formal Gardens were constructed in 1931 by George F. and Stella Elkins Tyler to provide a formal landscape setting for their estate, Indian Council Rock. The four-tier Formal Gardens were influenced by French and Italian gardens and feature varieties of flora, beautiful lush lawns, dramatic stone walls and staircases, gravel walks, fountains, and bronze sculptures.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Tented

Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment

275 Swamp Road, Newtown, PA (215) 860-1859

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Ellen B

We were the first wedding at Tyler Gardens, and although I was nervous about being the first one, the staff did a wonderful job fixing kinks and working on the fly when the deluge started right after the ceremony. They were helpful, and flexible, and truly helped to make our day... Read More a beautiful one! I would definitely suggest this venue for a wedding :)

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Maureen G

I was recently married at Tyler Gardens and it was hands down the best day of my life. The Venue was breath taking! I do hope that they find someone else to run wedding events there. The wedding coordinator from open air affairs is unprofessional and has no sense of customer... Read More service. I hope she takes the money she took from us and ran with and uses it towards a class at the community college there for a class on communication and customer service. If it were not for my amazing caterer Joey G the wedding would not have been as amazing. Everyone said it was the best wedding food they ever had. There was a lot of unnecessary stress leading up to my wedding because the head girl at open air affairs would not return e-mails or phone calls. She did not show up the day before my wedding so I could drop items to her and NOT ONE REPRESENTATIVE from open air affairs showed up to my wedding. THANK GOD FOR MY Caterer. If you book with them make sure they tell you about everything that you have to pay for up front. I would hate for any other bride to get hit with unknown fees 2 wks before the big day!

2017-10-11T15:09:28 Response from the vendor

We are a small company with few employees who really do care about each of their clients and truly want to make their special day magical. This particular event was a learning lesson to make sure clients are fully aware of the contract they are... Read Less Read More

Meet The Events Director

RaeChani Wilson

Event Planner. Music Lover. Social Media Guru. Outdoor Enthusiast.... I am young at heart, wedding romantic and also the newest addition to the Open Aire Affairs team. I am total book nerd & love reading up on the latest wedding trends. Rock n’ Roll Bride & Trendy Bride are a couple of my magazines I will read daily. I am also the social media guru. so there isn’t a day that goes by that I'm not “facebooking”, “tweeting”, “instagraming” or “pinning” away.