275 Swamp Road, Newtown, PA
The Formal Gardens were constructed in 1931 by George F. and Stella Elkins Tyler to provide a formal landscape setting for their estate, Indian Council Rock. The four-tier Formal Gardens were influenced by French and Italian gardens and feature varieties of flora, beautiful lush lawns, dramatic stone walls and staircases, gravel walks, fountains, and bronze sculptures. We are holding tours on specific dates as well as have a micro-wedding package available for displaced COVID-19 clients for the 2020 season. Please reach out for details.