Mother of the Bride Dresses, Shower + Party Dresses, Wedding Dresses, Dresses, Alterations, Bridal Stylists, Custom Designs, Plus Size Available, Private Appointments Available, Fashion Services, Fashion

106 E Oak St, Chicago, IL

Gorgeous Dress and Even Better Service

Reviewed on 6/21/2014 Andrea M

Everything was absolutely pleasant at Ultimate Bride. Meghan helped me find the perfect dress. She listened and offered her advice. She took everyones visions into consideration. Maria in alterations was phenomenal. Her experience is priceless.

Great quality

Reviewed on 10/21/2013 Emily K

Though the dresses are on the pricey side they carry great designers and the fabrics are wonderful. I never felt like I was wearing a heavy wedding dress. My consultant was amazing and made me feel comfortable and seemed to be truly interested I finding me a dress. It was also... Read More great that the alterations and final steaming were done in house.

This is the One.

Reviewed on 8/25/2013 Diane Z

Marina of Ultimate Bride was very patient and good in offering advice. She is a very good listener. She was never pushy and respected my indecisiveness throughout the entire process. Maria of the alterations department was very nice and patient with me too. You can tell she is... Read More very hardworking. I was so happy with the bustle she made for me. I am so happy I got my dress from Ultimate Bride and that it's still perfect after all the alterations!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Mallory S

I am a fashion major, so the pressure was on for my dress. I told Wendy that I wanted something backless and was really in love with lace. I also mentioned I hate ball gowns. Wendy definitely abided by my backless theme but went off the beaten path with the material. While every... Read More dress was beautiful, I wanted a classic chic dress that I will love forever and ever. After my amazing experience at Ultimate Bride, I had another appt with a different salon. Wendy wrote down the dresses I really loved and the prices. After we went to the other place, which didn't even compare to Ultimate Bride, we had to decipher over drinks. I immediately called Ultimate Bride and asked if they could get out 4 dresses for me to try on one last time before the closed for the weekend. They were kind enough to bring out the dresses and have my friends come and see the gowns. I chose an Austin Scarlett dress with bow detail in the back. Wendy knew I wanted something interesting on the back and once she put a belt on, it was a slam dunk. Then the alterations team was amazing. I kept losing weight and they kept bringing it in and I wanted the bow to be fuller so they put netting in the bow. They were amazing. Not only that, but they shipped the dress to Iowa so we didn't need to pay tax. My experience from beginning to end was amazing at Ultimate Bride. Thank you so much for finding the perfect dress for me and having it fit perfectly!

Reviewed on 7/03/2016 Kelly B

I went to ultimate bride to pick out bridesmaid dresses. At first impression the store was beautiful and the staff seemed very friendly and knowledgeable, however, after trying on a couple of dresses the lovely girl who was helping us left to attend a different group so we had... Read More to handle the final details with another employee. We just needed to pick out the color of the dress we wanted and the employee handed me a large book with color samples to choose from. Some of those color samples were missing and I nicely explained that to the employee because one of the missing color samples seemed to be in the range of color I was looking for. She told me that no the color sample was not missing so I had to point out over and over that yes it was missing and I really wanted to see that color. I was very nice and calm about the whole thing (I have worked in retail for a very long time and I would never be rude to a retail employee) she became very rude and told us she wanted someone else to help us. Finally a different employee came over to help and told her that in fact the color sample was missing. The employee started being overly nice to make up the fact she was wrong and still didn't help me find the missing color sample so I was just SOL. The staff was all over the place and I would have to call numerous times to make sure things I specified that I wanted were still being done. They would call me about things I told them many times previously what I wanted. I was never mean or rude to them I just wanted to get my girls dresses (Which were astronomical in price) and get them on time. I ended up having to talk straight to the manager since no one could seem to keep any of their information straight. This is the first time I have ever given a business a bad review but I feel with the amount of stress and money going into a wedding this shop and their beautiful dresses are not worth the time or hassle.

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Abby M

They are the best! The stylist know so much and really listen to what YOU want. Plus, they do an amazing job tailoring your dress to YOU!

Reviewed on 12/23/2015 Sofia U

I loved Ultimate Bride! I worked with Rachel to get my dress and this experience was like no other I had. You are greeted in very pretty lobby area and the receptionist is very professional. Rachel took me back into a spacious fitting room and my mom sat outside next to the... Read More pedestal. I tried on ALL sorts of dresses, ones I had mentioned and ones I wouldn't have ever picked out, but this was great because it helped everyone narrow down what was working for my shape and what I wanted. Rachel was completely professional, she let my mom and I give her feedback, even if it was bad and you could tell that she was really focusing in on what we were saying, almost as if she was going through a mental dress catalog! She worked fast and made me very comfortable. She totally hit the nail on the head with my dress! I actually noticed it hanging in my room and I knew the second she put it on me it was the one! It was every single thing I asked for. The woman who took my measurements was also very friendly. Best of all, there was ZERO pressure. I told Rachel I wouldn't be buying that day, I'm not someone who can make spontaneous decisions and she was totally cool with it. We made an appointment to come back and do all the paperwork. It was a fantastic experience!

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Elizabeth S

I have had two daughters get their wedding dresses here within the last year and highly recommend Ultimate Bride and especially RACHEL!!!! She is THE BEST!!! My 2nd daughter had some last minute glitches, and Ultimate Bride, especially Rachel, and Maria (seamstress) did... Read More EVERYTHING to make sure they had a happy bride walking down the aisle - TRULY went above and beyond. Definitely go here for your dress! Wish I could give them more than 5 stars!

Loved My Gown!

Reviewed on 11/10/2014 Anne S

Ultimate Bride is the only place in Chicago that sells Jenny Packham, which is what I was looking for. My original consultant, Courtney, was amazing and very respectful. Unfortunately, she quit mid-way through my process, and other people I worked with were not always as... Read More friendly. (One was horrified that I wanted to wear flats. Not on her watch!) Alterations were convenient, but again, stand your ground. I ended up paying for an expensive bustle that I did not want (or end up using), even though my dress had no train. Ultimately, however, I absolutely loved my dress, and it did fit beautifully! Definitely worth it!

Poor Customer Service

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Ashley F

I absolutely loved my dress and it was a very expensive ML dress. Ultimate Bride did a good job, but not a great job customer service wise for the amount you spend. I also felt like the alternation costs could have been clearer up front. They definitely have an attitude and if... Read More you have any issues or too many questions they get easily annoyed. Overall my dress and alternations turned out perfectly, but I knocked a star off for customer service.

Pricey, but worth it!

Reviewed on 12/12/2013 Brooke R

My initial visit was full of emotion, as I would imagine is the case for most brides. I worked with Rachel, who helped my find my perfect dress, which couldn't have been more different that what I thought that I wanted. She was patient and really listened and it turned out to... Read More be a wonderful experience. The fittings and alterations were also very well done. My dress fit perfectly on the day of our wedding and I couldn't have been more happy with it.

Great service

Reviewed on 7/06/2013 Maria R

The girl who helped me find my dress was the first person who actually LISTENED to me and what I wanted. I wasn't a very picky person, but knew what style I liked best and she went with different dresses in that style and I was able to find a dress I loved. The tailoring they... Read More did in house was amazing too. Did a great job. Also got my veil here. Beautiful. Everyone complimented me on the dress and veil.

Wonderful experience

Reviewed on 3/20/2013 amanda r

Everyone i worked with at Ultimate bride was amazing. they have some beautiful dresses and work with you to find one that's just perfect. They were easy to work with throughout the alteration process as well. I was initially supposed to have 3 fittings but ended up having 4 (the... Read More last one just two days before my wedding!) and the dress turned out amazingly. The quality of the alterations was great and made the dress fit perfectly. They also were very accommodating with regards to my sister's hissyfit about her bridesmaid dress alterations (that wasn't bought / altered at Ultimate Bride) and two days before my wedding were able to fix the botched alterations that were done to it. One tip - they capped my alterations which definitely saved a lot of money in the end!

Best Customer Service

Reviewed on 1/26/2013 Meghan H

Ultimate Bride is fantastic. They went out of their way to special order a sample of a Europe only gown that I wanted to try on. Their alterations department is wonderful, and the remembered everything about me! I was so happy I chose to shop at Ultimate Bride!

Ultimate Bride Service

Reviewed on 1/25/2013 Carolyn M

This was the first place I went to look for a dress, and I cancelled all of my appointments after going here. My consultant did an excellent job listening to my ideas and preferences. She gave me many dresses that fit my description to try on, but also brought dresses that she... Read More thought would be flattering or in line with what I already had liked. For me, the most important thing that I wanted in a dress was to find one that was as flattering as possible. As a petite woman, the consultant brought dresses that are flattering to shorter woman, and even mentioned how certain designers catered to this (Monique Lhuillier for example who also is a petite woman). I had my three sisters, my maid of honor, and mother with me, and the store made sure everyone had a place to sit and was comfortable.

You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 12/18/2012 Brighid O

Everything about my experience with Ultimate Bride was positive. The receptionists who greeted me at the door each time were incredibly helpful and friendly. They made me a very last minute appointment in order to ensure everything was ready for the big day. They didn't have to... Read More do that, and I didn't even ask; they just offered. The consultants I worked with were helpful, honest, patient, and not pushy. They made the experience so fun and exciting. I didn't feel pressured, and I felt like they listened to me the entire time. I ended up with the perfect dress that fit me. I cannot say enough about the alterations department. Maria and Nami are the best. Seriously. My dress fit like a glove. It honestly looked like it was made just for me when they were finished. They did such a beautiful job. Ultimate Bride is definitely a wonderful place to go to find your dress.

Best dress ever!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Stephanie S

I cannot speak highly enough of my experience with Ultimate Bride. I absolutely LOVED my dress and working with them was so easy. Laura - my dress consultant is amazing - so encouraging and enthusiastic. I really got personal treatment and felt like a million dollars. I loved... Read More them!

Amazing selection

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Erin S

Ultimate Bride has an amazing selection of gowns. I really liked my consultant too (but she no longer works there). The atmosphere is a bit snobby but I suppose it's worth it to have access to the gorgeous dresses. I was not entirely satisfied with my alterations, though.... Read More Might want to go somewhere else for alterations.

Best salespeople of any bridal store

Reviewed on 11/13/2012 Karen M

Everyone I worked with was very friendly. My salesperson was Courtney, and she was my absolute favorite salesperson I worked with at any of the 4 shops I went to. So nice and so helpful. It was the perfect balance of giving her honest opinion and letting you make your won... Read More decision. The only reason I gave it a 4 was because there were a few things I think could have been a little better in my alterations. Overall, alterations were pretty good, but there were a couple things that weren't fixed when they were supposed to be, which resulted in me having to make more trips.

I'm sad I can't buy a dress again

Reviewed on 11/06/2012 Stephanie S

I loved shopping at Ultimate Bride and my dress was amazing! I have to say Maria who did the alterations is a true genius. My photographer was amazed how my dress did not move the entire night and fit me like a glove. Not only does Ultimate Bride carry the most beautiful... Read More dresses they really know how to find the right one for you.

Great service, beautiful dresses!

Reviewed on 10/08/2012 Mary B

By far the best selection in Chicago and everyone is wonderful to work with! The alterations were almost twice what we were originally quoted but I had a lot done to my dress.

Great choices

Reviewed on 9/04/2012 Lauren P

Every dress was classy and well made. Unfortunately Stephanie, who helped me, is no longer there. She was the best!! Regardless, good place with great people. The alterations department rocks!!!!! My dress was a 14 and by wedding time I was a 0. No problems, they were... Read More perfect!

Great help finding a sample!

Reviewed on 7/23/2012 Sarah L

I went into Ultimate Bride prepared to walk away with a dress waaaaay over my budget- instead, the one I fell in love with was 60% off as a sample. Though I'd have happily paid full price and waited 6 months, I was delighted to take my dress home that day!

ultimate bride = excellent

Reviewed on 7/19/2012 January W

Rachel at Ultimate Bride was amazing. I had an idea of what type of dress I wanted and she guided me through the newest collection. The fitting team is amazing and helped me tailor my dress perfectly to my body. Everything turned out wonderful. I love my dress and it was... Read More gorgeous for my wedding day!

The best!

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Kristin B

Ultimate Bride was such a joy to work with. They were so attentive and helpful while shopping for a dress. They had great suggestions for accessories as well. They did an incredible job with alterations and made me look and feel beautiful on my big day!

Start a Conversation!