Uncle Bub's Award Winning BBQ & Catering

The Chicagoland Area

The Quality and Service You Deserve

Uncle Bubs is a full service restaurant/catering in the western suburbs with 20 years experience. We can customize a catering package specific to your tastes and budget. Let Uncle Bubs make your special day as elegant or casual as you desire. Call and set up a consultation today!

Cuisine

American

Buffet, Food + Catering

132 S. Cass Ave, Westmont, IL The Chicagoland Area (630) 493-9000

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Katherine D

I have had so many people tell us that we had the best food at our wedding! My parents and my husband’s parents also keep telling us how many people loved the food. Uncle Bub’s was the absolute best to work with. Ashley and Mark were incredible and made sure every little detail... Read More was taken care of. They were so quick to respond to any questions we had. Any time we went to the restaurant for a tasting or a meeting, they treated us like royalty. They talked through options of how to save money, and it felt like they truly cared about making us happy and excited for our wedding day. They were also all-stars on the wedding day itself. They set everything up exactly how I wanted.. They did an awesome job organizing everything - as far as I know, the entire day went exactly as planned. I can’t speak highly enough about them!!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Nykky S

From the day we walked into Uncle Bubs and Mark talked with us, my husband & I knew we wanted them to cater our wedding. The tasting was amazing and we appreciated Mark - the owner - sitting down with us to go through our options. The prices are so affordable compared to many... Read More of the other places we looked at. Working with them was spectacular! Although I had a month of coordinator, they did so much for us to help make our day perfect. They were organized, communicative, and helpful. They have such great relationships with their vendors for alcohol, linens, and rentals it made the process so smooth. The food at the wedding was honestly amazing! We heard so many compliments on how Uncle Bubs is what "wedding food should be like everywhere". We couldn't have asked for a better company to help make our day perfect. Thanks Mark, Ashley, Marie, Mary Beth and team for stellar service and excellent food! People are even more jealous we got to take what was left over! We've had people in and out of our house eating because it was so delicious! Thank you again and again! We look forward to having date nights at Uncle Bubs as husband and wife!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Anaese D

What's not to say about Uncle Bub's?! Since day one they've been super helpful and accommodating! We had so many compliments about how good the food was too!! They were always so responsive throughout our wedding planning and I don't know what we would've done without them! If... Read More you want someone who is going to go above and beyond during your planning and have delicious food served during your wedding day then I highly recommend Uncle Bubs!!! :)

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Hannah V

Mark and his amazing catering team did out September 23rd Wedding and all I can say is WOW! First off the food was absolutely excellent and I heard nothing but great things from all our guests. Second the staffs professionalism during the wedding was so nice and helpful. They... Read More took care of everything, down to bussing the tables so my guests didn't have to lift a finger (nor me!) Finally, during the planning stage, Marks catering staff thought of everything, down to the last detail. They wanted to be aware of the details and events of the day so they could make a seamless flow to things, I really didn't have to worry about a thing. If I could give Uncle Bubs a 10/10 I would! I will definitely continue to use them in the future for my catering needs! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Katie F

Amazing! Honestly one of the best part of the day!!! They did an amazing job! Our moms were not happy we were doing a buffet but the food was so good that they completely forgot their original complaints! Also everyone at Uncle Bub's is so nice! I would recommend them 1000%

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Angela P

Wow!!!! Uncle Bubs catering was phenomenal, and fit perfectly for our wedding at Northfork Farm! From the first call with the owner Mark to the wedding, the whole staff was truly amazing to work with! The food- Fantastic! Everything was cooked to perfection! So many people were... Read More pulling us aside to say this was the BEST food they have ever had at a wedding. On top of that, we actually randomly bumped into Dave the day after our wedding on my parents family farm...miles from where he lives! He was picking up sweet corn and by chance picked our farm. Such a small word! He is truly genuine. It was a plessure to meet him after all the phone conversations and emails with he and his daughter. All the efforts he puts in to run a top notch bbq service definitely shows. A true homerun with Uncle Bubs!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Annie B

Best food ever for our wedding! Great staff and delicious BBQ!

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Colleen W

Mark and his staff are a joy to work with! They are meticulous with detail and make sure everyone is happy! You can't go wrong with choosing them for your next event! We couldn't be happier with their food and their service! Very organized and the mac and cheese is superb!... Read More :) Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Rebecca B

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR AFFORDABLE DELICIOUS WEDDING FOOD LOOK NO FURTHER. Uncle Bub's catered our wedding this past weekend and the food was TO DIE FOR. Everyone commented on how good it was and how relieved they were that it wasn't "traditional banquet hall wedding food" It was... Read More hot and ready to go the minute we wanted it to be served. The serving staff and bartenders were friendly and fast. The customer service while planning with Marie down to the wedding night is unmatchable. There was never a line at the bar, never a dirty/empty plate left on a table, and a fast clean up at the end of the night. I was nervous at first about having such "untraditional" style food but BOY WAS I WRONG. Uncle Bubs also took care of the linen/chair/silverware rentals through their partner company; so that was nice to not have to worry about. And they also let me drop a whole bunch of stuff off a few days before the wedding which they so graciously set up for me (candles/table runner/ cake topper). I am so satisfied and blessed to have hired uncle bubs on my wedding day!!!!!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Jessica J

We had Uncle Bub's cater our wedding this past weekend! The food and the service was fantastic! From the beginning planning stages to the day of, everything was perfect! Mark was unbelievably helpful and knowledgeable. He made sure we had everything covered. He not only helped... Read More us with food selections but also general wedding planning. Our contact, Ashley was also very helpful and willing to answer all questions we had. The staff the day off was outstanding. They made sure all of our guests were taken care of and that we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Our guests are still talking about how good the food was! We would highly recommend Uncle Bub’s for any event!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Caitlin K

We knew we wanted to have Uncle Bub’s as our caterer long before we had our initial meeting based on the recommendations we received from our venue and the reviews that we had read about their service. We knew we had made the right choice once we had our first meeting with Mark... Read More and especially after we had our tasting! Mark and his staff were incredible throughout the whole planning process! Ashley answered endless questions that I had and put my mind at ease about so many different details. Mark met me at the venue for a final walk through and to pick out linens and discuss the layout for the day of the wedding. He assured me that everything would be taken care of and I so appreciated his attention to detail. On the day of the wedding, everything went off without a hitch thanks to the professionalism and experience of his staff. My husband and I were waited on hand and foot, something that was not expected at all and such a pleasant surprise! Our guests are still raving about the food (especially the pot roast, which is the BEST) and we had quite a few “foodies” in attendance at our reception. Overall we could not have been more thrilled with the service provided by Mark and his staff- they are unbeatable! (Married 10/8/16)

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Dominique R

Excellent! Excellent!! Excellent!! Uncle Bub's was great from the minute I booked with them until the end of my wedding day. Ashley was quick to respond to any email inquiries I sent her about the wedding and she was very easy to work with. My event captain the day of the... Read More event also set up everything beautifully. The food was nothing but delicious! My guests kept complimenting on what a welcome change this was from typical wedding food. Many guests went back for seconds and thirds, and we still had leftover trays of food to take home, which was a plus for us since we were too tired to cook the day after the wedding. The mac and cheese and pulled pork were my particular favorites, so flavorful and delicious!

Reviewed on 7/30/2016 Lisa Marie S

When we saw Uncle Bubs was a preferred caterer at our venue we knew that's the route we would go. We had their food at a friends wedding and loved it. We met with Mark. He was very nice and got you all the info you needed to make an informed decision. Once we booked with them we... Read More worked with Marie & Ashley who were both great and very responsive. The day of the wedding their staff did a great job on setup and all the little details. Our guests were raving about the food and everyone had seconds if not more!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Samantha H

Food was amazing and the staff really helped out. They moved the food a little quick so those with kids kind of had to hustle or miss out on seconds but it was more due to the pace of the wedding than them. I would recommend them to anyone asking and everyone I spoke to loved... Read More the food! Working with them was lovely as well and they helped me cut cost where I could to help me as a person which was so personable of them. Truly a great company.

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Lauren P

Uncle Bub's was one of the preferred catering vendors for our wedding venue. It was coincidental that we just happened to already have a love for Uncle Bub's! Everything from start to finish was PERFECT! The staff, setup, and food were all awesome! We had so many compliments... Read More from our guests about how much they enjoyed the food! We loved everything they did for us and are so thankful we had Jerry there as our captain - he was absolutely amazing. We had an immediate connection with the owner, Mark, and he was genuinely invested in the success of our event. He also recommended Prestige Liquors for our beverages and they were incredibly easy to work with - together they made the food/drink seamless for us! Their team, from the beginning, was instrumental and we can't thank them enough!

Best Wedding Food

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katie A

Although it is not traditional wedding food, it was the best food I have had at a wedding. From the start of working with Uncle Bub's to the end of the night my experience was great. Mark was great from my initial pone call where he gave me a rough estimate of what I was looking... Read More for. He also didn't want me to break my budget on food so he was very aware of that while calculating and giving suggestions. Mark even recommended that during my "cocktail hour" to have chez mix type snacks instead of typical cocktail hour treats. He also said that I could buy that myself and bring it since it would be cheaper. When we went to try the food it was me, my husband, my parents and my in-laws all got to try the food. We got to sample everything on the menu we picked out. Mark also brought out both types of ribs for us to pick between. He wanted to make sure we loved the menu we picked out, even if that meant trying everything they made. We left the sample with left overs! That is unheard of. We also had concerns of with a buffet how we ensure not running out of food, well with Uncle Bub's that is not a concern. We went home with many left overs. The left overs were just as good. I kept getting comments on how great the food was! I also dropped off all my centerpieces and extras with Uncle Bub's the friday before the wedding. They set everything up the day of including my centerpieces just as I imagined the room to be. Marie and Mark were great. Jerry was our main contact the night of and was excellent. I was told Mark had stopped by the day of but didn't want to interrupt my fun. I think it is great the owner made an effort to stop by the day of.

Amazing Food and Service

Reviewed on 11/03/2014 Richard O

My wife and I had a great experience working with Uncle Bub's! The food was amazing and the servers worked their butts off and were very friendly! My wife and I searched around several caterers and nobody could come close to the quality of the food and for the affordable price... Read More we paid! Mark is a great guy and he gives his all to his clients. Every time we stopped by to see Mark, he gave us his full attention and worked with us to get what we want but at a price we could afford. The best part about working with Mark is he wants to be YOUR caterer for all your events, so he's invested in providing good service at a great price anytime you hire him.

Great Food & Service

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Ashley J

Uncle Bub's is great. Mark (the owner) is seriously one of the nicest guys you will meet. When we went for our tasting they brought out a feast! All the food was delicious and Mark sat and talked with us. We couldn't finish it all so they sent it some with us. After we... Read More decided to go with them, Marie took over and she is just great. She thought of every little thing and was really great about answering all of my many questions. On the day of the entire staff and captain were polite, friendly, and helpful. They provided great service and even helped us to pack everything up at the end of the night. And finally the food..IT IS AWESOME!! I loved the food and there was a lot of it. I highly recommenced the pulled pork, herb roasted chicken, and mac & cheese!! Uncle Bubs lets you take the leftovers home and my parents are still enjoying it. They didn't even want to share. If BBQ is what you want, then Uncle Bubs is the way to go!!!

Above and Beyond Great Service

Reviewed on 11/23/2013 Katie W

Where do I even begin because I have so many great things to say. First of all they are so professional and make you feel so well taken care of. Throughout the whole process my husband kept saying that he feels like this type of service nowadays is so hard to come by that it... Read More feels too good to be true. Let me tell you, it is true! Mark (the owner) and Marie were there through the entire process and even thought of little details we didn’t. As far as the menu, we had three meats and sides, but Mark kept saying that they can create almost anything that we wanted. They even offered to set up the table arrangements, escort cards, and guest book. I ended up having my florist do all that, but I had many meetings and email exchanges with Mark and Marie that I knew we were in such good hands. The day of my wedding I worried about and had some issues with other vendors, but never once did I worry about Uncle Bubs or had any complaints. I knew the presentation of the food at the wedding would look great, but I was so impressed when I arrived. The servers were wearing white collared shirts with black aprons. The food was served in shiny silver sternos which looked classy. Before I (the bride) began getting my food on the buffet one server came up to me and said once I am finished filling up my plate that they will carry it back to our table so I didn’t spill on my dress. That is what I mean with the service that is just above and beyond. That same server kept coming up to the bridal party table and asking us if we need anything. We even took him up on it, asking him to get us some pop. I have to mention that guests at my wedding were so impressed by their service as well. One of my friends said they were posing for a picture when the server walked by carrying two water pitchers in his hands and offered to take their picture. Very thoughtful! I strongly recommend Uncle Bubs for your wedding or any event you need catered. They definitely know how to cater an event and make you feel so at ease.

Yummy food

Reviewed on 11/02/2013 Amanda J

When we first met with Uncle Bub's I was a bit unsure...BBQ and a white wedding dress= disaster waiting to happen. BUT they have such a huge selection of food to choose from that we didn't have to get BBQ. They worked with our budget, they know and work with our reception site,... Read More and were professional and friendly. 3 weeks before the wedding, we were in constant contact (email and phone) with them. So helpful and totally put me at ease with not being able to set up the space myself with the decorations. They worked with my cousins who went to the reception site before the reception to make sure all the decorations where what I wanted. During the reception, the servers would talk to me to see if there was anything else that I needed but my husband said that he didn't even know who they were. At the end of the night, they worked with my parents to divide the rest of the leftover food up. Overall, very yummy food and I would use them again.

Favorite Resturant

Reviewed on 5/14/2013 Jordan K

We chose Bub's because we love their food but from the first visit to discuss the possibility of doing our wedding we could tell they were much more than a catering service. They are very organized and detailed in the planning stages, also helped with plate ware and linens. Then... Read More at the reception they set up our decorations, had excellent service(and food), worked with the DJ on the timeline, and at the end of the night cleaned and packed up all the extras/decorations/gifts. Would highly recommend them!

Yummy!

Reviewed on 1/21/2013 Tamekia H

Not only is the service staff professional and friendly and the price reasonable, Uncle Bub's food is simply delicious! All of our guests enjoyed the herb roasted chicken, potato rolls, and cornbread loaves. They are still talking about how much they enjoyed the food. Uncle... Read More Bubs has become one of our favorites that my husband and I will enjoy for many years to come!

Bride

Reviewed on 12/14/2012 Candace R

Mark was so accommodating! The food and service was excellent! Thank you :)

Everyone Loved it

Reviewed on 10/01/2012 Melody P

Dealing with Mark Link was truly wonderful. Uncle Bub's took care of everything we needed, they were always quick to respond to our questions, kept our interests (AND BUDGET) in mind, and were extremely professional and welcoming. I couldn't have asked for anything better. They... Read More took care of our table linens, chairs, bar tending, and serving. All of this is nothing in comparison to how much everyone LOVED the food. Our menu was perfect and a great reflection of who we are. The guests were so complimentary of the amazing pot roast and many went back for 2nds and even 3rd helpings, but the quantity was so much that this was not a problem. I highly recommend Uncle Bub's.

Best BBQ Buffet

Reviewed on 6/26/2012 Erika E

Food that guests try to sneak home with them. Staff so thoughtful they anticipated everything and stayed to clean. We recommend their BBQ buffet for a fun and delicious option. And the owner Mark is wonderful to work with!