Unique Sounds Entertainment & Event Professionals

Serving all New England

Professional DJs , LED Uplighting & Photo Booth

We are ready to provide you with the very best in high quality DJ Entertainment, Custom Wireless LED Uplighting & Photo Booth Services. Our DJ's have been performing all over the New England area for over 20 years. We have a really fun style and unique approach that is sure to bring all of your friends and family on the dance floor!

Classical, Country, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, World Music

Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

534 New State Highway, Raynham, MA Serving all New England (508) 824-3535

Reviewed on 7/08/2015 Amy P

DJ Jon Smith is pure talent! Worth every penny!! From the initial contact, up until your wedding night he is there working with you every step of the way. Responds right away with answers to any questions you might have, which makes planning your wedding so much easier!... Read More Extremely professional and you can tell they absolutely love what they do. The music sets the tone for your entire wedding and if it involves dancing the night away with family and friends you cannot go wrong with Jon Smith and Unique Sounds! He had our guests up the entire night on the dance floor. All of our guests said they had not danced that much in a long time, if ever! Pick Unique Sounds for your wedding and I promise you will not be disappointed especially if you add the glow show to your package! HIGHLY recommend! Thank you for the most epic dance party, Jon and for the most unforgettable night of our lives!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Erika V

I used DJ Chris Chappell for my October 2016 wedding, and even before the night ended, my guests were asking me for his reference info. He blew everyone away with his playlists, really read the crowd and picking songs based on who was there, surprised us 20 & 30 somethings with... Read More some classic 90s hits, and ran everything seamlessly. The feedback I have gotten from the majority of guests is that they've never seen so many people on the dance floor at a wedding, and I owe that to the amazing DJ! Communication leading up to the event was great, and as a result, he didn't have any last minute questions the day before or day of the wedding - which was important to me as a bride! I would give more than 5 stars if I could!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Lindsey D

We hired DJ Lou Pereira of Unique Sounds to DJ our wedding reception this past weekend. I've been to weddings and events in the past that Lou has done and I already knew I wouldn't be disappointed. I don't think I sat down for more than 5 minutes the entire night (and that was... Read More only to eat). I've received countless comments from our guests telling us how great our DJ was and how much fun they had. The owner, Jon Smith, is also an awesome person! You will NOT be disappointed in hiring Unique Sounds to make your wedding or event a BLAST and a night to remember!!!!

Reviewed on 4/02/2017 Jolene M

Our guests were entertained right off the bat and having fun the entire night! Many of our friends told us they'd never had so much fun at a wedding! DJ Chris gave us great advice in choosing all our important songs, and we were really happy with how everything went! Thanks to... Read More DJ Chris's expertise, we will look back on our wedding for years and remember having a blast with all our guests!

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Ashley W

DJ Jon Smith was absolutely amazing! He was extremely organized, insightful, and truly fun to be around. My husband and I met with him for an initial interview/consult and knew right away that he was the right choice! He set up a meeting to check in closer to the wedding, and... Read More then called me the week of the wedding to finalize all details. His knowledge of the industry and his enthusiasm and natural talent of getting EVERYONE excited and on the dance floor is unreal! Every guest at our wedding was dancing and commented on how awesome the music was. Everyone from our young nieces and nephews to our grandparents had a blast. Thank you Jon, for a party we will absolutely never forget!!

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 Sharon S

LOVE THEM!!!!! We had DJ Jon Smith… The up-lighting looked amazing. Our guests had a blast, and were on their feet all night... Even my mom who never dances couldn't sit down. One of our guests even told us that they took their business card so they can book them for their... Read More upcoming wedding... They do a FANTASTIC job. We couldn't be happier with our DJ choice.

Reviewed on 2/25/2017 Phil H

Look - DJ's are pretty important in the scheme of a wedding, right? I had my wedding at OceanCliff in Newport in January and I started looking for a DJ in May, I think (so... early). Unique Sounds was highly rated here and so I gave them a shot. Called up Jon, had a great... Read More conversation, he knew exactly what the venue was, etc. These things were comforting - but you still don't really know how a DJ is going to do until the actual day comes. A week prior to the wedding, my wife and I met Jon and basically told him that our crowd was kinda picky and pop top 40's wasn't going to cut it. Jon told us he totally understand and that he'd read the crowd and build the set from there. We really didn't give him much else to work with (sorry Jon). But build it he did. To this day people keep complimenting how good of a job Jon did. I told him that if a DJ keeps people dancing then it's standard fare - that you only really hear about when a DJ does a poor job. We all have stories of the DJ that dropped the ball. But as far as I was concerned, he was flawless. Like I said, I keep hearing from my guests about how much he absolutely nailed it - Jon was a critical element to how amazing our wedding was - and now looking back, the entertainment was put in very capable hands. No doubt I'd go to Jon and Unique Sounds again for any event. Made the night amazing and you can't ask for more than that.

Reviewed on 2/11/2017 Julie Y

My husband and I got married in May 2016 and worked with Unique Sounds for our wedding (DJ and uplighting). We spoke with Jon Smith, the owner, and hired Chris to be our DJ. Chris is AMAZING! He’s professional, knows how to read the vibe of the room, and got everyone up and... Read More dancing. It was also important for us that whoever we hired as a DJ is able to take control, help make sure things run smoothly, and respects our decision. Chris did all of that and more -- not only did he always put the bride & groom first, he even knew where to direct guests during our first dance & during one of wedding games so that it looked better for our pictures AND had our guests interacting with us!!! We would definitely recommend Chris & Unique Sounds to anyone considering them for their wedding!

Reviewed on 2/01/2017 Amanda M

Jon and Unique Sounds did a great job DJing our wedding at the Towers. Jon did a great job with the music selection based on our tastes and preferences we that we had discussed with him. He also did a great job of keeping the crowd hyped and he played some fun games with the... Read More center pieces which kept the guests engaged. I have been to many other weddings where the DJ simply plays music. What ends up happening is that the guests have no idea what is going on during the wedding. Jon did a really great job keeping the timeline moving and making sure guests knew what was going on, and when. We paid extra for the up-lighting which was beautiful. One tip – make sure you discuss what colors you do or don’t want him to use. Overall, I would definitely recommend Jon and Unique sounds if you are planning a wedding or event. So many of our guests told us how much fun our wedding was and that it was the best wedding ever. I have been to a lot of weddings, and I can tell you that the DJ plays a huge role in making the wedding fun and organized or a complete mess. They say that you get what you pay for, and that is certainly the case with Unique Sounds. You get a professional DJ who knows what he is doing, and how to rock a crowd.

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Nicole B

We are so happy we decided to go with Unique Sounds! DJ Jon Smith and team ensured our day was perfect. The professionalism was on point. He was able to get our guests moving and made sure everyone, including us, was having a good time. Our wedding was perfect and I know DJ Jon... Read More helped make that happen :)

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Kristen S

We are so happy that we chose DJ Gary Lombard and Unique Sounds to DJ our wedding! From the beginning, Unique Sounds made everything so easy and responded within minutes when ever I emailed them. From the first time we spoke with DJ Gary I felt like he just got us and the type... Read More of event we wanted to host. I loved everything he played and he kept our guests dancing through the entire event. I am so happy that we went with DJ Gary for our wedding and would highly recommend him and Unique Sounds to everyone!

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kaitlin R

DJ Chris was absolutely amazing. He had all of our family and friends up dancing LONG before I expected anyone to be up on the dance floor! He worked with us constantly to make sure the day would be all that we wanted, and was instrumental in organizing everyone to be announced... Read More into the reception hall correctly. Can't say enough good things about this company! And the up-lighting that they provided really transformed the space. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ that is SO much more than just someone to hit 'play'.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016 Kristen L

DJ Jon Smith is absolutely amazing! We were terrified that our early afternoon wedding would be a bit of drag and that no one would dance, especially because our families are not the dancing types. But Jon had all the guests up and moving from the start and everyone had an... Read More absolute blast! We had guests telling us how amazing the DJ was months after the wedding! We couldn't be more thankful for the services he provided! Their photo booth was also a hit! Highly, highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Tanya D

DJ Alex Diaz was awesome! Got everyone on the dance floor 😀

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Samantha S

Jon Smith was our DJ for our wedding. Jon was great and he knew how to get the people going! We had people on the dance floor all night long! Everyone loved the music and kept telling Ryan and I that it was one of the best weddings they had gone to in a long time! We will... Read More definitely recommend Unique Sounds for anyone who is looking for a great DJ service!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Elizabeth D

The entire staff at Unique Sounds made our day extra special. From Jon to Gina to DJ Lou and Assistant Rick, the entire team was helpful and professional throughout the planning process and especially on the big day. The little details made a big difference. For example, we... Read More had a special song cut on a CD for our first dance. Gina called the dance studio to get the song as an MP3 file just in case the CD skipped. Super awesome! DJ Lou reviewed our wedding party names and order of events to ensure proper pronunciations and perfect timing. We are extremely pleased with this team and can't thank them enough!! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Jenn C

Hiring Unique Sounds for our DJ, photobooth and uplighting was by far the best decision I made for our wedding. Lou Pereira was our assigned DJ and he played a variety of music that appealed to all age groups and got all of our guests out onto the dance floor. We have received... Read More so many glowing reviews from our guests on how much fun they had and how great the music was. I would strongly recommend their services to any bride and groom looking to have an amazing dance party at their reception!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 T P

DJ Alex Dias was AMAZING!! Our guests were complimenting the music all night long!!! Alex did a great job as the MC! He is fun and professional. Alex easily blended in special requests but also knew when to add in his expertise and catered to the energy in the room. Alex and... Read More Marc had everyone up and dancing!! DJ Alex is highly recommended!!! Tanya & Mike

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Lauren K

We cannot say enough great things about unique sounds. Jon made the our wedding perfect by having all of our guests up and dancing the entire night. He was very honest and upfront with us which made it so easy to work together. His music choices were terrific and perfect for... Read More dancing. The up lighting provided transformed the room. We would recommend this vendor to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Bethany V

We love Unique Sounds! Thank you Alex for being our DJ! You were absolutely spectacular! You read the crowd perfectly and got everyone onto the dance floor and kept them there! Unique Sounds has a wonderful website with every song you could imagine on it to help you set up your... Read More playlist. Alex has so much experience that he knows exactly what every couple is looking for and executes it flawlessly. The way that you managed to integrate music that suited all the different age groups and music tastes was totally amazing! I could tell from the first minute that you spoke to us that you understood what we hoped to achieve! You played a huge role in making the reception the fun party and cherished memory that it has become. Everyone is still talking about what a great time they had! We wish you all the best! We would recommend you to anyone who wants an outstanding DJ! Many thanks!

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Kellu G

I can not say enough about Unique sounds! From the very beginning we knew we were in good hands! DJ Jon was so personable and professional and kept our dance floor packed all night. He made the flow of the wedding flawless and he is so easy going! Such an awesome company!!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Rebecca C

Five stars isn't enough for how wonderful Unique Sounds and Jon Smith were. After meeting with a couple of other DJs, we were blown away with the professionalism and services that were offered to us by Jon. His energetic was was contagious and from that first meeting we knew we... Read More had to have him for our wedding. It was worth every penny we spent to have him hosting our wedding. The entire time leading up to the wedding he was in contact with up every step of the way. Planning was simple. I left it virtually all to him and I was not disappointed. My dance floor was full the ENTIRE time. If we could do the night all over again he would absolutely be the first person I reached out to. Everyone I've spoken to has had amazing compliments for how much for he was, as well as the photobooth that he brought. For the bottom of our hearts, thank you Jon for the most fun evenings of our lives!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Cherise S

We can not say enough good things about unique sounds! Lou was fantastic and had everyone out on the dance floor all night, it was such a blast! Planning from out of state it challenging and the team at unique sounds was nothing but accommodating. I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Diana R

We scheduled a meeting with DJ Jon and Unique Soundz after seeing all of the positive reviews on the wedding websites (i.e. theknot, weddingwire). One of our biggest concerns for our wedding was having a DJ who would be able to mix Latin (Salsa/Merengue) and American style music... Read More as my husband is Italian-American and I am Dominican. A lot of our guests flew in directly from the Dominican Republic. I remember walking into DJ Jon’s office and telling him that the music is more important than my actual wedding dress. Right from the beginning we had a really good vibe from Jon, and after our intial meeting we were confident he had the experience to pull it off. To say that he did a great job at our wedding would be an understatement of his performance. He was incredible!!! He had both families dancing the entire night, mixing the different styles of music perfectly. It didn’t matter what language you spoke, or what style of song he was playing, he had everyone up on the dance floor. I would recommend DJ Jon and Unique Soundz to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or event. And if you are in a similar position as we were, and are looking for a DJ who can mix both Latin/American music, you have to schedule a meeting with Unique Soundz. It’s not even a question. Jon, Doug and I can’t thank you enough for everything you did! You and your team made our night that much more special.

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Ashley M

DJ Chris Chappell from Unique Sounds did an amazing job at my wedding this past weekend- my husband and I couldn't be more pleased. Chris did the music for both our ceremony and reception. He was great for a few reasons. First, he is so experienced that he was able to make... Read More suggestions to us based on things he had seen done in the past. Secondly, he did an amazing job playing all of the music we wanted in a way that made sense. We had a very diverse song list, and a diverse group of guests, and he made everything flow so well and kept everyone dancing and happy. We've had many guests compliment his music choices. DJ Chris was extremely professional and did a wonderful job. I would absolutely recommend him to anyone! Overall, Unique Sounds was a pleasure to work with. Their planning tools were extremely helpful and easy to use, and they were flexible with our needs. Worth every penny!