Centerpieces, Bouquets, Flower Alternatives, Flower Arrangements

242 W 34th Ave, Anchorage, AK (907) 561-7673

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Jillian D

ATTENTION ALL BRIDES! If I could leave no stars, believe me I would. I contacted Uptown Blossoms in March of 2017 for an arrangement for bridal portraits in April, as well as an arrangement for my wedding ceremony May 13th. I specifically made these reservations with HOPE. I... Read More made my expectations very clear as most brides do, and was constantly assured that they were capable of what I was requesting. I was continuously told the flowers I chose were ALWAYS in season and there would be no issues. I provided a picture for inspiration and went on my way. April 7th I picked up my first arrangement, although it was not exactly as imagined It was relatively close. I did not like that my flowers were sprayed to match the colors vs. having the flowers the actually colors requested but I understood and gave them no complaints. I expected the same quality of arrangement for my ceremony but what I received was UNFORGIVABLE!!!! (photos will be included). Not only was this arrangement small and not worth the 100$ I was quoted (there were approximately 10 poor quality, dying flowers in it), it was BRIGHT PINK AND CORAL! My wedding colors were rose pink and cream, I was told "this was the best they could do". The best you could do to what? Completely disregard anything and everything I requested and literally throw something together for MY WEDDING DAY!? I even called them more than 24 hours prior to the pickup and payment and was assured everything was beautiful and ready to go. If my mom had not been there I would have walked down the isle empty handed however, my mother quickly grabbed 10 white roses and had them bound. If I wanted a white arrangement I could have gone to Walmart, but I trusted this business with my special day and was COMPLETELY DISAPPOINTED. I would not recommend them for anyone who is looking for an arrangement better than a grocery store quality, go ANYWHERE else if you can.

2017-05-24T14:00:09 Response from the vendor

I am writing to address you recent review. I am sorry that the flowers did not meet your expectations, your experience is atypical , and does not represent our consistently high quality design and service. There are several online sites that show our successful business... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Hunter A

Uptown Blossoms is my go to shop for any special occasion. I always get the feeling that I am more than just a customer, more like part of their family. They always come though with beautiful arrangements and go above and beyond to make sure I'm happy.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Hunter A

Reviewed on 11/16/2015

Vichy

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Whitney S

Uptown made all of our bouquets, boutonnieres, table arrangements, and a lit up birch arch for the alter. The bridesmaids bouquets were in nautilus shells (shells provided by us) and they worked within that constraint very well. They did add some bling to the bouquets that I... Read More wasn't expecting, but we were easily able to remove the plastic sparkly beads that had been strung on to the grass shoots in order to bring it back to my vision of a more natural look. I also didn't want as much green in the bouquets as they had added with filler plants, I was trying to stick to mostly a white and blush look. The table arrangements were gorgeous! Here, they really listened to what I wanted and it turned out just right. Uptown is fairly expensive, but everything held together and was fresh for the entire day. The arrangements were well crafted, and my only advice is to give pretty specific directions if you have a specific look you're going for, or things you want to avoid.

Very Happy with Uptown Blossoms

Reviewed on 8/31/2014 Avery M

Working with Uptown Blossoms was a very easy process. They have tons of options to choose from and you can tell that Hope, who I worked with, has been doing this for a long time. They are very professional. The flowers blew my mind the day of our wedding. The total price... Read More included two VERY large arrangements which went on either side of our outdoor alter, 5 bridesmaids bouquets, bridal bouquet, and around one dozen boutonnieres. Our flowers were untraditional; we had big sunflowers amongst other large flowers, mixed with lots of greenery and sticks in the large arrangements to match an outdoor wedding theme, and I thought these guys nailed it. I gave them a rough idea of what I wanted ahead of time and they worked magic. Again, I was very blown away by the flowers the day of the wedding; they made me so happy!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 Sarah H

Our flowers were gorgeous and they delivered them to the venue!

BEAUTIFUL Bouquet!

Reviewed on 7/15/2013 Sara E

I talked to one of the ladies at Uptown Blossoms and told her my colors, what kinds of flowers I was looking for, and the amount of money I could spend. She made me a wonderful bouquet that I loved!

Gorgeous and creative

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Nicole J

I loved what Brian Darrow did with my bouquet and Bout. for my husband. I told him my budget and gave him my colors and suggestions and then gave him creative license and was pleasently surprised and grateful for the beautiful flowers on my wedding day. They also made sure that... Read More I had a box and ice to put my flowers in so they would survive the plane ride after the wedding to the reception in Fairbanks the next day. They were kind and very helpful to my needs and concerns.