V. Sattui Winery

St. Helena, CA

Book Your Wedding with V. Sattui Winery

A BALLROOM IN ST. HELENA, CA

Rich in history, the V. Sattui Winery in St. Helena, California has roots that date back to 1885. This picturesque property supplies brides and grooms with the perfect wedding venue. Photographers will find the landscape a dream and will love the breathtaking vineyard and mountain backdrops for first look photographs. The facility has both indoor and outdoor spaces for the ceremony and reception of your dreams. When you arrive for a private tour, you'll discover the following locations are available for booking:

Barrel Cellar. The most widely used space within the winery is the barrel cellar. This venue welcomes 250 of your closest friends and family members for a reception with dancing. It can also be used as a back-up plan when an outdoor ceremony is threatened by bad weather. The room features romantic low-level lighting, drapery from the ceiling and wrapped lights around the wooden poles.

Gold Room. Perfect for a rehearsal dinner, the Gold Room is able to accommodate 14 people. This space also features romantics lighting, which includes two large candelabras.

Lower Courtyard. Another reception venue worth considering is the lower courtyard. This desirable location is also capable of hosting 250 guests. It dazzles with its stone flooring, hanging lantern-style lighting and luscious green vegetation.

Vittorio's Terrace. Smaller and more intimate weddings would do better with a reception on Vittorio's Terrace. There is enough seating for 32 people and plenty of umbrellas to provide an escape from the sun. The surrounding area has plenty of beautiful trees and you'll love the clear view of the majestic blue sky.

Vittorio's Vineyard Lawn. Plan your wedding ceremony outside on Vittorio's Vineyard Lawn. A total of 250 friends and relatives are encouraged to join you as you recite your vows in front of the flowing water fountain. The palm trees and flower gardens add to the appeal of this space.

Vittorio's Picnic Area. Wedding parties of 100 or less are welcome to take advantage of Vittorio's Picnic Area. This less formal space has plenty of old trees and green plants, as well as the fresh air and nature feel you're looking for.

When planning a wedding at V. Sattui Winery, you'll discover there are a few options when it comes to having the special day catered. Should you have a wedding between April and October, you'll get to enjoy creating a menu with the site's culinary team. Tastings are complimentary and the chef will have a variety of American and Italian dishes for you to choose from. Couples who end up booking a wedding between the months of November and May are provided with a preferred vendor's list that has plenty of trustworthy caterers that will make your cocktail hour and reception one to remember.

In addition to the assistance of a chef, to-be-weds are given an appointment to take part in a wine tasting. With more than 60 different wines to choose from, you'll have no trouble creating a wine menu that will match your dinner menu perfectly. The V. Sattui Winery does provide an event director to help you with your planning; however, all couples are encouraged to hire a wedding coordinator for the day of the event. It is important to note that there are many extras that you can add to your basic rental room rental fee. If you plan on using rose petals, for example, you'll need the cleanup service. There are heat lamps and votive candles you can rent. Tables and chairs are also not provided, so you'll need to arrange to have those rented through your caterer. The event director will have a preferred vendor list for any additional needs you may have, like a disc jockey or a florist.

One of the extra perks the staff at the V. Sattui Winery offers is a list of nearby hotels that provide a discount for the bride and groom, as well as their out-of-town guests. The bridal party is also welcome to get ready for the ceremony ahead of time in the tower. Additional perks are listed below.

• Wireless Internet service
  • On-site parking
  • Handicap accessible
  • Liability insurance

Stunning and Romantic Napa Valley Winery

Voted Top 5 winery wedding venues in the world, V. Sattui Winery's classic elegance provides an idyllic backdrop for your lavish wine country nuptials. With a history dating back to 1885, V. Sattui is one of the few wineries in the area able to host wedding ceremonies, which can be held either in our romantic courtyard or on the majestic tower lawn. From the gorgeous vineyard and mountain views, to the elegant cocktail party terraces, through to the stunning barrel cellar receptions, V. Sattui is sure to make your wine country wedding dreams come true. To learn more, please contact our Hospitality Department at [email protected] or call (707) 286-7205. We look forward to hearing from you soon! (Photo credits: kenviale.com and richardwoodphoto.com)

Ballroom, Garden, Vineyard

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

1111 White Ln, St. Helena, CA (707) 286-7230

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Emily T

I had the privilege of selecting V. Sattui as our ceremony and reception venue. Not only is the location drop dead gorgeous, the personnel there were so helpful and cheerful! I loved working with the Director of Weddings. She was so on top of things and so responsive to my... Read More questions that sometimes I went to her more than my own day-of coordinator. The wine there is amazing, the setting it breathtaking, and the service was better than I could have dreamt of. Seriously, if you're considering V. Sattui Winery, think no further. They are the best EVER!! I got so many compliments from my guests saying that it was the most beautiful and intimate wedding that they've ever been to and it wouldn't have been the same in any other place. Also, I received my deposit within a week of the wedding being over so they were incredibly quick!

Gorgeous Venue and Friendly Staff

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Elizabeth D

When we first saw this venue it was the last in six that we looked at and we just knew it was the one. It looks like a fairy tale castle and the barrel room is very unique and romantic. The V. Sattui wedding staff is very friendly and responsive and they made everything go... Read More easily and smoothly on the big day. It is a very special venue and definitely stands out from the regular ballroom or tent. We would definitely recommend V. Sattui!

Beautiful and easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Kirsten S

A great venue - breathtaking and the people are easy to work with! They made the experience great.

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Anna P

We recently had our wedding at V. Sattui, and I have to say our feelings are so mixed about our chosen location. Of course, the winery is absolutely beautiful, it is the setting of a dream wedding, complete with castle, flowers, lights- everything to make you feel like you are... Read More getting married in a fairytale. They are also one of the only wineries in Napa that are able to host wedding ceremonies and receptions in one location. Unfortunately, this means they have a bit of a monopoly on the situation, and I have to say it shows in the way they conduct the whole affair. From the beginning, we had so many different contact people at the venue for each thing that we had no idea who to contact about what. What made it worse was that they kept changing! We did not hire a wedding planner (but were going to hire a day of planner) when they offered to provide this service for us for free, which sounded fantastic and really kind, until we worked with one person only to find out two weeks later that they were changing us to a different planner and had to start the process from scratch (they did not even pass the information that was already discussed). The new one I have to say was disorganized, frustrating to work with, and downright rude to members of the wedding party and my mother on the day of the wedding! I could not recommend working with someone like this as it made the situation more stressful rather than easier. Our second frustration was that during wedding season V. Sattui requires you to use their in-house caterers. At first, we had no real issue with this, our menu tasting was great, and both the manager and the chef are lovely people. Unfortunately, the day of the wedding the food was not what we thought it would be- the appetizers looked burnt, the quantity of appetizers was not nearly enough (even though we ordered more than their recommended amount), and the entrees, while good, were TINY (the salmon entrée was literally a 2 inch piece of salmon with nothing else on the plate). All in all, we spent almost $150 for catering per person, and our guests left HUNGRY! This was incredibly disappointing, and added to our whole frustration with the venue who did not seem to care much about us or our wedding. For the price we paid we would have expected them to go above and beyond, but they did the bare minimum. The bridal party was not greeted, winery visitors were sitting in our ceremony chairs and interfering with pre-wedding photos (this area could have been roped off), the bridal party was not given champagne or even water until we asked several times, bathrooms were not cleaned before the wedding.. All in all, yes it is beautiful, in spite of everything we had a wonderful wedding, but those thinking to get married here should know the tradeoff.

2016-12-06T11:23:50 Response from the vendor

We are very sorry you felt that your experience at V. Sattui did not meet your expectations. It is always our goal to make our clients feel that their event at our winery was perfect in every way. Obviously, we did not succeed in this... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Michelle G

Went here as a guest recently. No doubt that the venue was gorgeous and romantic, but the dinner portion was the smallest I have ever seen. The salmon was about 2 inches and was only about 2 bites worth. It had nothing else served along side it. There was a small caprese salad... Read More served prior to the main meal. As a guest, I went home hungry and even considered stopping at In-n-out after the wedding. The few bites of food we had, however, were quite tasty and the wine was excellent.

Beautiful Venue, Pricey With Rules

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Amy L

We had our wedding at V. Sattui and it was gorgeous. Everyone talked about how beautiful it was. The venue is spectacular. That said, it was quite pricey, given that the venue itself is pricey and then there are lots of add-ons (costs of cleaning aisle if you use roses,... Read More lighting votive candles that appear to be permanently there, ordering wine ahead of time rather than just paying for what you use). They lay most of these costs out in the contract, but read it carefully... bc I did and still missed a couple things. The timing is also tight and made me really nervous in the run up to the wedding, since I went to the venue after 5 (which is when the bride arrives) and found out that despite what we were initially told, the tasting room closes at 6pm (when our guests arrived). It's a narrow window that you get the venue (6-11). The only thing guests complained about were the locations of bathrooms (all upstairs from the barrel room). I would strongly recommend V. Sattui consider expanding the list of "preferred" planners and vendors. While we liked many of our vendors, some which came recommended by the venue, we found difficult to work with. Overall it was beautiful and I read the contracts closely so I was aware of the extras.. but I still felt like they were taking me for a bit of a ride on price.

Wonderful setting!

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 Ann S

I had only seen pictures of the location before coming there for my rehersal. It was beautiful! It could not have been any better of a location for my intimate wedding and reception. It was a night to remember for my husband and I as well as for our guests!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/30/2011 Ashley H

This venue is by far the most beautiful we looked at and was absolutely gorgeous the night of our wedding but the rules do not allow for much time for photos. Also they need to expand their list for Planners. The only affordable planner is not someone I would ever recommend!

Beautiful location, kinda pricey

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 EVELYN P

Very beautiful. Kinda pricey. They nickel and dime alot of services. Most of the little things should be added in the total rental fee. Ex: Rose Petal Aisle clean up fee $150, each heat lamp $50, etc....Most of this is pretty standard and should be included in the $7500... Read More rental fee. The venue doesn't even provide tables or chairs, you'll need to rent them from your caterer. And you are also required to use a Wedding Coordinator from their Preferred List, they don't provide you with one. I have planned about 6 weddings for friends, family, colleagues, and most of this stuff should have been included. The site fee of $7500 (weekday) $9500 (weekend) only included literally the use of the facility. And because the winery is open to the public until 5pm, they bridal party cannot be there to take pictures until 4:30, which doesn't give alot of time when ceremonies usually start around 6. Plus, you have alot of winery guests watching you and taking pictures of you, which is kinda distracting. Overall, it's a beautiful location and worth the great photo opportunities, so make sure to get an amazing photographer to capture all of it.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 6/12/2011 Elaina L

What is not to love about V. Sattui Winery? It is the PERFECT venue location for a wedding! The flowers and lush greens in May made my wedding exceptional! Not to mention the wine! :) Darlene and Jim Forbes, wedding coordinator and officiant were extremely helpful, fun, and... Read More professional! I can't wait to go back to do my vow renewals! :)

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 4/07/2011 Victoria J

I had my wedding at V. Sattui in February and it couldn't have been more like a fairy tail! It was definitely worth the month and the perfect place for an outside wedding weather permitting!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Sarah Z

The venue is inherently beautiful, you don't really need to add much to create a beautiful intimiate setting. The staff was incredible, easy to work with, and their list of preferred vendors was really helpful. I only have positive things to say about our experience at V.... Read More Sattui...it was fabulous!

Magical wedding in Napa

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Patricia S

This venue is beautiful and one of a kind always to be remembered. Awesome backdrop for pictures.The wedding day was perfect due to our wedding planner Where To Start. The original person we dealt with to make the contract was rude and snooty. The event planner there was hard... Read More to work with, and not timely in response to questions. They have a list of vendors that we were told we 'had to use". Some vendors not on the list they let us use, but others they would not budge. Luckily my other daughter will want to create her own magical moment and we won't have to deal with this vendor again. Their wine is good.

Beautiful Venue, but too expensive

Reviewed on 11/09/2010 Dana N

I fell in love with V.Sattui the second I saw it. It was exactly what I pictured when dreaming of my wedding. I think I was still in la la land when we signed the contract and didnt pay attention to the details. It is $10,000 just have the wedding there which you only have for 5... Read More hours. They do not allow you to start your ceremony before 6pm and you the music has to stop by 11pm. By the time we got to dancing, we had less than 2 hours. We had 150 guests and it was a tight squeeze in the barrel room. I would suggest this place for small, low key weddings.

Perfect venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Nicole J

V Sattui is the perfect wedding venue. Unfortunately, our favorite coordinator is no longer there and she was amazing. Other staff are good. Venue is fabulous for a beautiful Napa wedding.

Stunning winery wedding

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Debbie M

If you want a stunning and intimate winery wedding, this is the place for you. With choices of getting married in the beautiful courtyard or lovely lawn both with gorgeous backdrops, you and your guests will then be whisked away to the barrel room for your banquet where the sky... Read More and your imagination are the limits. This winery fits a larger capacity than most (over 200) and whethery you are having 50 or 200, it somehow is a perfect size. The V.Sattui service and family are amazing hosts and by the wedding rolls around, you feel half Italian and definitely more than 1/2 a part of their friendly family. The rental rate is steep but their flexibility in catering and wine commitment helps make up for it.

Fabulous Place

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Loren K

We really wanted to get married at a winery in California but we found that most wedding locations in Napa are at hotels so we were very happy to find V. Sattui! The location is gorgeous with both indoor and outdoor options. They don't provide much in their fee but the... Read More beauty of the space is all we cared about! It ended up being cheaper to pay for this space and rent all the tables and chairs and pick our own caterer than to go with locations that included everything but had high food minimums using in house catering. Our wine tasting for the wedding was a fabulous experience in a private room where we tried over 15 wines! It was great. And the wines we selected for the event were delicious. Overall, it was a great space and the staff was very helpful.

Review for V. Sattui Winery

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Destany F

It was gorgeous!!! Everything came into bloom in June!!! It was like a fairytale. Gorgeous vineyards, greenery, flowers, hummingbirds, the whole deal!!!;The bathrooms wern't as nice as the rest of the facilities.

Review for V. Sattui Winery

Reviewed on 9/10/2007 jasmine w

People have told me it was the most romantic wedding they have ever been to. You could have your reception, ceremony and rehearsal all at the same place. The place is just simply picturesque!;They don't tell you that there is a minimum wine order. No matter how many attendees... Read More you have, you have to order a minimum of 100 people even if you don't have a 100 people attend or children. This can break your pockets because you are left with at least 6 cases of wine after your wedding.