V. Sattui Winery

Food + Catering, Planning

1111 White Ln, St. Helena, CA

Beautiful Venue, Pricey With Rules

Reviewed on 9/29/2013 Amy L

We had our wedding at V. Sattui and it was gorgeous. Everyone talked about how beautiful it was. The venue is spectacular. That said, it was quite pricey, given that the venue itself is pricey and then there are lots of add-ons (costs of cleaning aisle if you use roses, lighting votive candles that appear to be permanently there, ordering wine ahead of time rather than just paying for what you use). They lay most of these costs out in the contract, but read it carefully... bc I did and still missed a couple things. The timing is also tight and made me really nervous in the run up to the wedding, since I went to the venue after 5 (which is when the bride arrives) and found out that despite what we were initially told, the tasting room closes at 6pm (when our guests arrived). It's a narrow window that you get the venue (6-11). The only thing guests complained about were the locations of bathrooms (all upstairs from the barrel room). I would strongly recommend V. Sattui consider expanding the list of "preferred" planners and vendors. While we liked many of our vendors, some which came recommended by the venue, we found difficult to work with. Overall it was beautiful and I read the contracts closely so I was aware of the extras.. but I still felt like they were taking me for a bit of a ride on price.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING AND BEAUTIFUL

Reviewed on 10/24/2012 Emily T

I had the privilege of selecting V. Sattui as our ceremony and reception venue. Not only is the location drop dead gorgeous, the personnel there were so helpful and cheerful! I loved working with the Director of Weddings. She was so on top of things and so responsive to my questions that sometimes I went to her more than my own day-of coordinator. The wine there is amazing, the setting it breathtaking, and the service was better than I could have dreamt of. Seriously, if you're considering V. Sattui Winery, think no further. They are the best EVER!! I got so many compliments from my guests saying that it was the most beautiful and intimate wedding that they've ever been to and it wouldn't have been the same in any other place. Also, I received my deposit within a week of the wedding being over so they were incredibly quick!

Gorgeous Venue and Friendly Staff

Reviewed on 9/17/2012 Elizabeth D

When we first saw this venue it was the last in six that we looked at and we just knew it was the one. It looks like a fairy tale castle and the barrel room is very unique and romantic. The V. Sattui wedding staff is very friendly and responsive and they made everything go easily and smoothly on the big day. It is a very special venue and definitely stands out from the regular ballroom or tent. We would definitely recommend V. Sattui!

Beautiful and easy to work with

Reviewed on 8/03/2012 Kirsten S

A great venue - breathtaking and the people are easy to work with! They made the experience great.

Wonderful setting!

Reviewed on 6/04/2012 Ann S

I had only seen pictures of the location before coming there for my rehersal. It was beautiful! It could not have been any better of a location for my intimate wedding and reception. It was a night to remember for my husband and I as well as for our guests!

Beautiful Venue

Reviewed on 11/30/2011 Ashley H

This venue is by far the most beautiful we looked at and was absolutely gorgeous the night of our wedding but the rules do not allow for much time for photos. Also they need to expand their list for Planners. The only affordable planner is not someone I would ever recommend!

2014-02-08T13:51:17 Response from Faith, the member

Would you be willing to reveal who you are referring to and why? I am planning a wedding out there and am looking for any advice I can get. Thanks!

Beautiful location, kinda pricey

Reviewed on 6/22/2011 EVELYN P

Very beautiful. Kinda pricey. They nickel and dime alot of services. Most of the little things should be added in the total rental fee. Ex: Rose Petal Aisle clean up fee $150, each heat lamp $50, etc....Most of this is pretty standard and should be included in the $7500 rental fee. The venue doesn't even provide tables or chairs, you'll need to rent them from your caterer. And you are also required to use a Wedding Coordinator from their Preferred List, they don't provide you with one. I have planned about 6 weddings for friends, family, colleagues, and most of this stuff should have been included. The site fee of $7500 (weekday) $9500 (weekend) only included literally the use of the facility. And because the winery is open to the public until 5pm, they bridal party cannot be there to take pictures until 4:30, which doesn't give alot of time when ceremonies usually start around 6. Plus, you have alot of winery guests watching you and taking pictures of you, which is kinda distracting. Overall, it's a beautiful location and worth the great photo opportunities, so make sure to get an amazing photographer to capture all of it.

AMAZING

Reviewed on 6/12/2011 Elaina L

What is not to love about V. Sattui Winery? It is the PERFECT venue location for a wedding! The flowers and lush greens in May made my wedding exceptional! Not to mention the wine! :) Darlene and Jim Forbes, wedding coordinator and officiant were extremely helpful, fun, and professional! I can't wait to go back to do my vow renewals! :)

Beautiful Wedding

Reviewed on 4/07/2011 Victoria J

I had my wedding at V. Sattui in February and it couldn't have been more like a fairy tail! It was definitely worth the month and the perfect place for an outside wedding weather permitting!

Amazing!

Reviewed on 12/01/2010 Sarah Z

The venue is inherently beautiful, you don't really need to add much to create a beautiful intimiate setting. The staff was incredible, easy to work with, and their list of preferred vendors was really helpful. I only have positive things to say about our experience at V. Sattui...it was fabulous!

Magical wedding in Napa

Reviewed on 11/19/2010 Patricia S

This venue is beautiful and one of a kind always to be remembered. Awesome backdrop for pictures.The wedding day was perfect due to our wedding planner Where To Start. The original person we dealt with to make the contract was rude and snooty. The event planner there was hard to work with, and not timely in response to questions. They have a list of vendors that we were told we 'had to use". Some vendors not on the list they let us use, but others they would not budge. Luckily my other daughter will want to create her own magical moment and we won't have to deal with this vendor again. Their wine is good.

Beautiful Venue, but too expensive

Reviewed on 11/09/2010 Dana N

I fell in love with V.Sattui the second I saw it. It was exactly what I pictured when dreaming of my wedding. I think I was still in la la land when we signed the contract and didnt pay attention to the details. It is $10,000 just have the wedding there which you only have for 5 hours. They do not allow you to start your ceremony before 6pm and you the music has to stop by 11pm. By the time we got to dancing, we had less than 2 hours. We had 150 guests and it was a tight squeeze in the barrel room. I would suggest this place for small, low key weddings.

Perfect venue!

Reviewed on 10/14/2010 Nicole J

V Sattui is the perfect wedding venue. Unfortunately, our favorite coordinator is no longer there and she was amazing. Other staff are good. Venue is fabulous for a beautiful Napa wedding.

Stunning winery wedding

Reviewed on 9/28/2010 Debbie M

If you want a stunning and intimate winery wedding, this is the place for you. With choices of getting married in the beautiful courtyard or lovely lawn both with gorgeous backdrops, you and your guests will then be whisked away to the barrel room for your banquet where the sky and your imagination are the limits. This winery fits a larger capacity than most (over 200) and whethery you are having 50 or 200, it somehow is a perfect size. The V.Sattui service and family are amazing hosts and by the wedding rolls around, you feel half Italian and definitely more than 1/2 a part of their friendly family. The rental rate is steep but their flexibility in catering and wine commitment helps make up for it.

Fabulous Place

Reviewed on 6/28/2010 Loren K

We really wanted to get married at a winery in California but we found that most wedding locations in Napa are at hotels so we were very happy to find V. Sattui! The location is gorgeous with both indoor and outdoor options. They don't provide much in their fee but the beauty of the space is all we cared about! It ended up being cheaper to pay for this space and rent all the tables and chairs and pick our own caterer than to go with locations that included everything but had high food minimums using in house catering. Our wine tasting for the wedding was a fabulous experience in a private room where we tried over 15 wines! It was great. And the wines we selected for the event were delicious. Overall, it was a great space and the staff was very helpful.

Review for V. Sattui Winery

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Destany F

It was gorgeous!!! Everything came into bloom in June!!! It was like a fairytale. Gorgeous vineyards, greenery, flowers, hummingbirds, the whole deal!!!;The bathrooms wern't as nice as the rest of the facilities.

Review for V. Sattui Winery

Reviewed on 9/10/2007 jasmine w

People have told me it was the most romantic wedding they have ever been to. You could have your reception, ceremony and rehearsal all at the same place. The place is just simply picturesque!;They don't tell you that there is a minimum wine order. No matter how many attendees you have, you have to order a minimum of 100 people even if you don't have a 100 people attend or children. This can break your pockets because you are left with at least 6 cases of wine after your wedding.

TO V. Sattui Winery