Wedding Cakes, Cupcakes & Assorted Sweets

Gorgeous cakes made from scratch, that taste incredible & look stunning! (Consultations by appointment) -Competitors & Winners of the 'Food Network Cake Challenge' -'Martha Stewart Show' "Martha's Favorite Cupcakes" -LA's Top 20 Bakeries by Los Angeles Magazine!

$$$

Bow2010

512 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA

Cake, Cupcakes, and Cake Shots - all soo yummy!

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Christine C

We ordered all 3 deserts for our wedding and every single flavor was delicious (I think we had a mix of at least 10 flavors). We brought inspiration pictures and they knew exactly what to do - no hiccups and all of the food was perfectly decorated - looked good in pictures too!! But most importantly, everything was delicious and moist. Absolutely perfect!!

Andaz West Hollywood Wedding 9/21/2013

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Stephanie R

Thank you VBS for your excellent service! Our Wedding Cake was delicious and our guests loved the decor. We will definetly will come back for future events.

Delicious and beautiful dessert bar and wedding cake

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Michelle O

Vanilla bakeshop did a awesome job with our wedding cake and dessert bar. From the tasting to the day of, their services were impeccable, especially the catering consultant Yuko. She helped up design our cake and choose our dessert bar choices. During a time where your wedding planning can be so stressful, Vanilla made everything so easy for us. I love going back and getting desserts there. They are so tasty and remind us of how awesome the desserts were at our wedding!

Exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Meredith T

We used VBS for our dessert bar and absolutely loved them! Yuko was wonderful to work with and everything was delicious (even the leftovers in our freezer are fantastic!) She customized our desserts to go with our colors perfectly and everything was a perfect balance of tasty elegance. We provided our own trays & platters and had our wedding coordinator set up the design. It was a great way to keep this within our budget and still get everything we wanted.

Creative and Delicious

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Dulce V

As soon as he popped the ring, I knew Vanilla Bake Shop would make our cakes. I had been going to their store for staff birthday cupcakes and knew they were remarkable. My husband, who has a sweet tooth, thought we were going to try 4-5 bakeries, but after having our first tasting there, he agreed they were the ones. Yuko was so flexible with both cakes, helping them fit within our budget by having most of the cake in "sheets." She was also super creative-- we wanted a grooms cake and though they didn't do those crazy ones you see on TV, I was SO impressed and so HAPPY with the turn out. I would go to them a thousand times over.

The most luxurious dessert bar! (our guests still talk about IT!)

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Akiko E

Our experience with Vanilla Bake Shop from our first contact, tasting and to our wedding day was a bride's dream! At our tasting, we brought inspiration pictures and the overall theme/feeling we wanted with the wedding. The staff at VBS was able to incorporate our inspiration pictures, color scheme and our vision of having an edible dessert "bling" bar! Their ability to design custom wedding cakes/dessert bars with their client and viewing images of their past work, definitely shows that each wedding cake/dessert bar is meticulously crafted and unique to each couple. The dessert tasting was one of our most memorable moments through all the hectic planning. At our wedding, the dessert bar just SPARKLED! (Pretty sure, the guests and photographers took more pictures of the dessert bar than with my husband and I.) So many of our guests hovered around the dessert bar, to the point where we had our venue security on guard. All of our guests continue to talk about our dessert bar (which was CLEARED in minutes)! To future couples, I highly recommend Vanilla Bake Shop! The experience, quality and 'wow' factor is unrivaled!

I love Vanilla Bakery!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

The cake was just how I order and tasted delicious. Also, the cupcakes.However, the delivery it was horrible. The cake arrived in the end of the wedding and they forgot my cake top at the store. That after I call a day before to make sure that everything will be ok. Very disappointed . But I still love their cakes and cupcakes. I will recommend Vanilla Bakery just make sure that they will be delivering on time.

Amazing

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Grace L

There were so many vendors that we could have gone to but no one else could have provided the quality that Vanilla Bake Shop provided. Everyone loved the macrons and everything tasted fresh as they bake everything the day of. I hope to have an event where I can use them again!

Gorgeous and delicious!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Matt V

Delicious, gorgeous and elegant are the first words that come to mind! This bake shop is actually down the street from my house and one of our favorites in general so my husband and I were super excited to hear that Terranea uses them as their recommended cake vendor. Yuko and her bakers created an absolutely gorgeous and delicious desert table for our wedding reception. The macaroons were to die for! Our wedding cake was simple and stunning, we were asked to provide some trim for the cake as our design included feathers and rhinestones. I just went to Michael's and bought what I could find and Yuko's design looked amazing all said and done. Although Vanilla Bake Shop was nothing new to us we will definitely be back!

Highly recommend Vanilla!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Vanilla made our wedding cake which was a huge hit! We had guests who don't even like cake clean their cake plate. On top of being delicious, the cake was beautiful and delivered on time. Yuko was a pleasure and very easy to work with. Very happy with Vanilla all around!

Beautiful in Beverly Hills

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Beth G

We used the Vanilla Bake Shop for our June wedding in Beverly Hills. I did not want a traditional cake, so we decided on 5 separate cake designs all with different- amazing flavors! The designs were stunning and although they were each different, she tied them together visually with the design details and accent color. I am a baker myself, so I was incredibly picky over the texture, flavor and moisture of the cakes. She (Yuko) did not disappoint! We actually took a cake with us on the plane to Hawaii!!! They also did the grooms cake which consisted of oversized amazingly delicious chocolate chip cookies. Every time we visit, we stop in for treat!

My favorite thing about our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Pallavi Y

I can't say enough about how much I loved having Vanilla Bake Shop cater my wedding desserts. We opted to do a dessert bar rather than a cake and Yuko was absolutely incredible at giving us exactly what we wanted while also working extra hard to make sure we came in under our budget! She was such a pleasure to work with throughout the process. And the desserts!!!! Amazing!! If you've ever been there, you know their cupcakes and mini desserts are absolutely unparalleled. So good that this was the thing I was most excited about at our wedding ;) All the guests were OBSESSED - they each took way more than we anticipated people would take, but we still had plenty. They also did such an awesome job of executing little details to go with our kind of funky and specific theme. They are able to do so many things with color and details - everyone was so impressed! Thank you so much to the team at Vanilla Bake Shop!!

A Cake to Remember

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Yuko Ebina and the Vanilla Bake Shop made my wedding cake dreams come true! Few things symbolize a joyous wedding celebration better than the perfect, sculptural and scrumptious cake. Our cake had the best table in the room overlooking the Pacific and was a true star of the evening. From our first meeting with Yuko, we knew we were in the right place. Everyone at the Bake Shop is warm and helpful. They have a wonderful storefront in Santa Monica just steps from Palisades Park, and they offer an intimate, stylish vibe with substance - the bakery counter stacked with delicacies makes you feel like a kid again! There were no hassles getting an appointment for a tasting and consultation with Yuko. She always responded to my email messages very promptly and was always willing to work with me and answer any questions. I have to say I was very surprised to learn that some other bakeries won't even offer a complimentary tasting when you are about to spend $600 or more for a cake. Really? Yuko was so gracious with us, I remember that she insisted on having us try additional flavor combinations at our tasting, because she thought I hadn't made enough choices! She ended up being right on, as we went with my desire for a vanilla buttercream iced cake with her suggestion for a delicious passion fruit filling. Oh, it was so good! And with her gentle guidance I was able to take some time, review countless photographs of her work, and consider a more sculptural icing finish than my original vision. The finished cake was a piece of art. I am so thankful that Yuko took that valuable time with us. Vanilla Bake Shop worked seamlessly with our florist and venue; We were in great hands, and what a pleasure those last few hectic days knowing we didn't need to worry about the cake delivery and set up. It was all taken care of flawlessly by a team that knows what they are doing and gets it right. That is a very nice gift when you are stressed with all the last minute planning and preparations! A great big huge "Thank You" to Yuko and the entire staff at Vanilla Bake Shop! You really did make our special day all the more perfect!

Delish!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 gina c

Our wedding theme was Great Gatsby inspired. I found a cake design that I was hoping they could recreate and boy did they ever. When we met with the designer she was so sweet and offered suggestions on how we could customize it. She was patient and answered all my questions. We were pleased that they were able to do the design we wanted with butter cream. It turned out beautifully and the flavors were delicious. We had red velvet and strawberry shortcake. Yum! Thank you Yuko and the Vanilla Bake Shop team.

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Martin P

Vanilla Bake Shop was great, our wedding cake was beautifully made and even more importantly, it was delicious! Yuko was helpful the entire way through from fitting the cake into our budget, designing what we had in mind, and creating it just the way we wanted. Highly recommend and would go back again for other occasions!

Wonderful!!!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Danielle W

Our cake looked exactly like the picture that we brought in during out consultation!!!! No detail was missed. And more importantly all of our guests were raving about how amazing the cake tasted! My experience with Vanilla Bake Shop was perfect. I will definitely be back again if I have another party or function. If you choose Vanilla Bake Shop you will not be disappointed!

Perfect

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Anna L

They did such a great job, I got a great feeling at the tasting and they listened to everything I wanted and definitely delivered on it. My guests would not stop talking about the desserts!

Beautiful and Delicious Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 9/19/2014 Ashley W

We used Vanilla Bake Shop for our wedding cake on 8/30/14. They did not disappoint. We brought some inspiration photos to our first meeting and they were able to transform our ideas into a beautiful cake. (Almost too beautiful to eat!) All of their flavors were so delicious! We went with the triple berry cream and chocolate truffle for our cake. The wedding cake was just as delicious and moist as the cake in our tasting. Yuko was available to answer all of our questions and was a true pleasure to work with. We would certainly recommend VBS for anyone's dessert needs and plan on using them in the future!

Best Cake Ever!

Reviewed on 9/04/2013

We ordered a shell-themed, customised seven layer chocolate peanut butter cake for our Santa Monica beach wedding at Shutters in May. We were not disappointed! The ordering process was easy, even though it was all done from the UK, as Yuko sent photos of suitable cakes, which she beautifully tweaked to our specifications. The cake was delivered on time and was visually stunning. We were thrilled with the colour and finished design, and the cake itself was so delicious and unusual that our guests are still talking about it! Highly recommended.

Delicious wedding cake

Reviewed on 8/24/2013 Whitney B

We loved our vanilla bean/vanilla lemon berry tiered cake from Vanilla Bake Shop! Yuko is a pro--this was probably our easiest vendor for the whole wedding since they take care of everything and you don't have to manage it at all. The cake was beautiful and delicious.

Great Cake!

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Katie F

They got my cake exactly right! It was beautiful, and exactly what I asked for! The cake tasted amazing! They were very easy to work with, and everything came out perfectly!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Kristen W

Vanilla Bake Shop made a gorgeous and DELICIOUS wedding cake for my wedding. I was able to have three flavors and everyone would not stop talking about how good it tasted, which can be a rarity I've found for wedding cakes. I provided to them a pictures of what I was looking for and they were able to make it look exactly as I had envisioned. We are so grateful for the delivery too, particularly because it required transportation up a hairpin turn to the site! They worked with me cooperatively all through the process and were affordable for what you got. I'd highly recommend them to any future bride or for any event.

Reviewed on 7/25/2013 Lucia G

Taste was great! I was a little disappointed onm the design

The best cake I've ever had

Reviewed on 7/20/2013 Garrett H

The wedding cake was absolutely amazing - it was definitely a work of art! We received so many compliments on the taste and look of the cake. The cake was so moist and delicious - probably the best wedding cake I've had. Also, the cake looked beautiful and fit our spring wedding theme so well! We are so looking forward to our first anniversary to eat the cake again!

Cake was amazing!!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2013 Kelly M

We had already been to 3 other cake shops before we found this gem. From the first bite we knew this was the one! The cake to die for and every floor was delicious (so delicious that i couldn't choose and ended up with 4 cake flavors and 4 mini-cupcake flavors). The mini cupcakes were a hit!!!

TO Vanilla Bake Shop