Wedding Cakes, Cupcakes & Assorted Sweets

Gorgeous cakes made from scratch, that taste incredible & look stunning! (Consultations by appointment) -Competitors & Winners of the 'Food Network Cake Challenge' -'Martha Stewart Show' "Martha's Favorite Cupcakes" -LA's Top 20 Bakeries by Los Angeles Magazine!

Dietary Options

Dec9f43f 97e4 40b7 87a9 9d17ceef4785~rs 100
Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100
89b4bce0 bda6 4223 b3d9 9d3775a488c9~rs 100

512 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA (310) 458-6644

Cake, Cupcakes, and Cake Shots - all soo yummy!

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Christine C

We ordered all 3 deserts for our wedding and every single flavor was delicious (I think we had a mix of at least 10 flavors). We brought inspiration pictures and they knew exactly what to do - no hiccups and all of the food was perfectly decorated - looked good in pictures... Read More too!! But most importantly, everything was delicious and moist. Absolutely perfect!!

Andaz West Hollywood Wedding 9/21/2013

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Stephanie R

Thank you VBS for your excellent service! Our Wedding Cake was delicious and our guests loved the decor. We will definetly will come back for future events.

Delicious and beautiful dessert bar and wedding cake

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Michelle O

Vanilla bakeshop did a awesome job with our wedding cake and dessert bar. From the tasting to the day of, their services were impeccable, especially the catering consultant Yuko. She helped up design our cake and choose our dessert bar choices. During a time where your wedding... Read More planning can be so stressful, Vanilla made everything so easy for us. I love going back and getting desserts there. They are so tasty and remind us of how awesome the desserts were at our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Laura G

You know you had something special when your friends and family are still talking about your wedding cake ONE year later! The entire process of working with Vanilla-from the initial meeting/tasting/designing/planning, to approving sketches via email to having our jaws drop to... Read More the floor when we first saw the final masterpiece on our wedding day, every single step along the way beyond exceeded all expectations. My husband and I knew we had found the perfect match with Vanilla, when about halfway through our first meeting where we were rambling and trying to describe what type of cake we wanted, Yoku had magically sketched up a drawing of EXACTLY what we envisioned. It was like she could read our minds! And when organizing a 350+ person destination wedding, working with Amy and Yoku was not only easy and FUN, it was the absolute highlight of our entire wedding planning process! Not only did they create a delicious and stunning cake, they drove it a few hours up the coast, delivered it to a "not so easy to get to" venue, and assembled it without a hitch. I wish there was someway to attach a photo in this review, because my words just cannot due their gorgeous cakes any justice. We will be forever grateful to the amazing team at the Santa Monica Vanilla Bake Shop location. We LOVE you!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Royce T

We were extremely pleased with VBS. They exceeded our expectations. We ordered a dessert bar with a small cake. Yuko delivers nothing less than pure excellence. She is kind, professional, helpful and responsive~ making the planning process easy and fun. She responded to all our... Read More needs and questions and, assisted us with offering suggestions in cake design, decor, and dessert selection. We ordered 13 different desserts of mini-cupcakes, tarts, ice-boxed desserts, macaroons, bars, and cookies; and, each were decadently delicious, fresh and clean tasting (baking with only natural ingredients). Presentation was classy, clean, and artistic. Thank you, VBS!!! We will be hiring you for my baby-shower!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Stephen T

I cannot praise and suggest Vanilla Bake Shop enough! Not only are their creations stunningly beautiful; they're delicious! Yuko makes the entire process so simple and fun. She really listened to my husband and I. And we ended up with a cake that was EXACTLY what we wanted. We... Read More will be forever thankful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

Bottom line: The end product was both stunning and delicious and I can't recommend Vanilla Bakeshop enough. Yuko and the team were so helpful, responsive and talented! We ordered a three-tiered 7-layer milk and dark chocolate cake with buttercream frosting that they happily... Read More worked with our florist to decorate. The team kindly accommodated my last minute request to add a red velvet sheet cake to our order - so tasty and a huge crowd pleaser. My go-to LA bakery going forward!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Julien B

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful! Yuko is a true artist. Everyone at our wedding also loved the cake and wanted seconds. So glad to have worked with Yuko and the team at Vanilla Bake Shop.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Aly J

We walked into Vanilla Bake Shop with very little expectation of what we wanted for dessert on our wedding day. We knew that we wanted a more modest cake and some macaroons and pastries, but that was about it. Within a couple of hours of working with Yuko, we picked a design... Read More that we liked, customized that design to the color scheme and theme of our wedding, and picked out a few flavors of macaroons and pastries, and we were done! Yuko had a fantastic ability to bring our design imagination to life. The cake and desserts ended up exactly as we had imagined, and our guests finished all of the dessert almost immediately. No complaints here! Highly recommended.

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Samantha G

We loved working with the Vanilla bake shop they made us the most beautiful wedding cake which was as wonderful as it looked. They were very accomodating with our requests and budget. Thank You Yuko!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Kelly T

We can not say enough about how much we love Yuko and her team. They worked so hard to make our dreams come true. Our cake was beautiful and was made just how we asked. Yuko took the time to really get to know us and make the cake we asked for. Her team came and set up our cake... Read More and even a dessert table that everyone loved. They even gave us the boxes at the end incase there was any left over (there wasn't much). We highly recommend Vanilla and their excellent team to give you the wedding cake of your dreams!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Mai P

My husband and I could not have been happier at how our 'woodland' themed dessert table and wedding cake turned out. To this day, we receive compliments on how delicious and truly beautiful everything was. Our desserts pretty much "stole the show" at our reception! Yuko is... Read More extremely talented and it's amazing how she can conceptualize the ideas that you have into actual desserts. She was very professional and friendly and made my husband and I feel like 'old friends' by the time the tasting was over. I highly recommend Yuko and the VBS Team for your wedding and dessert needs! 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Cherise O

Such delicious cakes!!! We were so impressed with Yuko and her whole team. The customer service was wonderful, and we have literally had friends and family tell us that our cake was the best they've had at any wedding and that they still crave the ones we had--even seven months... Read More after our wedding. To top it all off (the icing on the cake, if you will), I have a gluten allergy, and they were so accommodating and kind to prepare gluten-free options for me as well so I could enjoy the cake on my wedding day. Truly, we would recommend Vanilla Bake Shop to anyone!!! They made our special day even more amazing.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Leigh An D

Our wedding cake was absolutely beautiful and delicious!!! Everyone at our wedding loved our cake!! Yuko was so awesome to work with! She made it so simple and easy for us when choosing our cake and design! Everyone at the party couldn't get enough of it! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Elaine C

I was somewhat dreading the planning (what, I can't just show up to the party?!) but Nicole made it SO much fun and easy throughout the process. We did the 1/2 planning plus wedding design package. She always had great vendor and general suggestions and answers to even the... Read More tiniest of questions. Perfect balance of having detail to attention, but kept us at ease when it came down to the final weeks and days. She is a busy woman (rightfully so!) but was always on top of things and responsive.

Reviewed on 12/30/2016 Kamila S

We first met Yuko when we asked her to design our wedding cake. She created the most beautiful cake that incorporated the details of my Catholic wedding dress and my Indian wedding saree. The details on the cake looked just like the fabric itself and it was topped with... Read More beautiful roses as well. Not only that, all the flavors were so delicious! Even one year later when we defrosted the top red velvet layer, it still looked and tasted amazing!! We also had Yuko create birthday cakes for our dads when they celebrated their 70th and 60th birthdays the day before our wedding. She managed to capture their life experiences and memories on those cakes in the most beautiful and fun way possible! Most recently, we had Yuko make a baby shower cake for us. She made the most adorable teddy bear figures, that even had intricate stitching details on them! Every detail on every cake has been phenomenal! We cannot say enough to adequately praise Vanilla Bake Shop and Yuko! They really have been such a huge part of the special milestones and events in our lives!

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Yulia K

Yuko and the team at Vanilla Bake shop did a great job preparing our wedding cake. Florist decorated the cake with flowers and it looked exactly like in the picture. And tasted great which is as important. It was easy to communicate with Yuko by email, Yuko suggested making... Read More the cake half&half: three tier cake with two different flavors to accommodate gluten free option. She also recommended the best flavor out of the ones I picked (yes, they have lots of great flavors to choose from!). Our wedding cake looked very festive and tasted amazing too! Very happy and satisfied with the result.

Reviewed on 11/10/2016 Rachel S

Love my cake and flavors! This bakery did exactly what I wanted for a reasonable price. They work with you with your idea and budget, and delivered with not problem. Very professional.

Reviewed on 8/08/2016 Mark

Impressive and beautiful cakes! I got multiple single-tiered cakes, all with different flavors and frosting textures, which turned out to be a great value! I thought the 9" cakes might look small, but these cakes were tall and very impressive!! Definitely a wedding-worthy... Read More presentation! When I met with Yuko, she listened carefully, helped suggest ideas, and put together a perfect sketch of the cakes. She was extremely professional and a pleasure to work with. VBS was definitely one of the most responsive, on-top-of-it vendors I worked with. I should also mention the obvious: the cake flavors were to die for. I got all fruit flavors, and the fruit was extremely fresh. I never got to taste the lemon cake, but the passion fruit-raspberry, triple berry cream and choc.-raspberry were all top notch. The ganache on the choc. raspberry was an extra decadent surprise! You will be 110% satisfied if you order a cake from VBS. I will definitely be ordering these single-layer cakes ($75, serves 25) for future parties, showers, etc.

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

Beautiful and very yummy. Yuko was so helpful with decisions and made ordering so easy. Happy as could be with our wedding cake. Year old frozen top tier was so good almost unbelievable.

Reviewed on 5/11/2016 Emily M

Yuko was amazing! We went to visit her from Texas and she was EXTREMELY helpful.. we told her our vision of our wedding cake and while we were talking she drew everything up in that moment and the cake drawing was exactly what we wanted. She is an amazing artist and the cake was... Read More fantastic. Thank you so much for helping us the whole way through. We will always use VBS in the future!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Lauren V

My husband and I were first introduced to Vanilla Bake Shop through our wedding venue, Terranea. However, before we even had a chance to try the flavors for our wedding, my maid of honor (unbeknownst to her), picked up a cake for our engagement party. She chose the banana... Read More chocolate chip cake and it was to die for! We ended up going with part banana chocolate chip and part toasted coconut for our wedding day and our guests loved it, and not to mention, the cake was beautiful. About a month ago we bought another cake from Vanilla Bake Shop, the vanilla bean with confetti and it was equally amazing. Overall, we have had wonderful experiences with Vanilla Bake Shop and could not speak more highly of them.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Amanda R

Vanilla Bake Shop did an amazing job on my wedding cake. I chose a simple but elegant naked vanilla lemon berry cake. We received so many compliments on the cake.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Taryn B

My husband and I made cake a big priority for our wedding and I was blown away by Vanilla Bake Shop! It was so hard to choose the flavors because everything tastes so good. We ended up with 3 different flavors and trust me all the guests were raving about each one. The main... Read More wedding cake itself was so beautiful and exactly what I wanted! Working with Yuko on the design was seamless and she totally got my vision. No reason to look elsewhere at any other bakery.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Erin Y

My husband and I both loved our experience working with Yuko and her team at Vanilla Bake Shop. She helped us bring our vision to life - and the cake tasted just as great as it looked! We will definitely be visiting Vanilla Bake Shop again. :)