Vanilla Bake Shop

Santa Monica, CA

Wedding Cakes, Cupcakes & Assorted Sweets

Gorgeous cakes made from scratch, that taste incredible & look stunning! (Consultations by appointment) -Competitors & Winners of the 'Food Network Cake Challenge' -'Martha Stewart Show' "Martha's Favorite Cupcakes" -LA's Top 20 Bakeries by Los Angeles Magazine!

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Delivery + Setup, Cakes + Desserts

512 Wilshire Blvd., Santa Monica, CA

Cake, Cupcakes, and Cake Shots - all soo yummy!

Reviewed on 12/01/2013 Christine C

We ordered all 3 deserts for our wedding and every single flavor was delicious (I think we had a mix of at least 10 flavors). We brought inspiration pictures and they knew exactly what to do - no hiccups and all of the food was perfectly decorated - looked good in pictures... Read More too!! But most importantly, everything was delicious and moist. Absolutely perfect!!

Andaz West Hollywood Wedding 9/21/2013

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Stephanie R

Thank you VBS for your excellent service! Our Wedding Cake was delicious and our guests loved the decor. We will definetly will come back for future events.

Delicious and beautiful dessert bar and wedding cake

Reviewed on 9/08/2013 Michelle O

Vanilla bakeshop did a awesome job with our wedding cake and dessert bar. From the tasting to the day of, their services were impeccable, especially the catering consultant Yuko. She helped up design our cake and choose our dessert bar choices. During a time where your wedding... Read More planning can be so stressful, Vanilla made everything so easy for us. I love going back and getting desserts there. They are so tasty and remind us of how awesome the desserts were at our wedding!

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Amanda R

Vanilla Bake Shop did an amazing job on my wedding cake. I chose a simple but elegant naked vanilla lemon berry cake. We received so many compliments on the cake.

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Taryn B

My husband and I made cake a big priority for our wedding and I was blown away by Vanilla Bake Shop! It was so hard to choose the flavors because everything tastes so good. We ended up with 3 different flavors and trust me all the guests were raving about each one. The main... Read More wedding cake itself was so beautiful and exactly what I wanted! Working with Yuko on the design was seamless and she totally got my vision. No reason to look elsewhere at any other bakery.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Erin Y

My husband and I both loved our experience working with Yuko and her team at Vanilla Bake Shop. She helped us bring our vision to life - and the cake tasted just as great as it looked! We will definitely be visiting Vanilla Bake Shop again. :)

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

Yuko delivered the most beautiful cake on my wedding day! Not only did she create the exact wedding cake that I wanted, but she did so after I emailed her about 5 times with last minute changes! I even asked her for a grooms cake a month before the big day and she said yes... Read More without any problem! She made the process so easy, I would recommend her to any bride in the Los Angeles/Ventura area!

Reviewed on 10/10/2015 Courtney B

Cake was absolutely delicious! My husband and I ordered the chalkboard cake pictured on their website with different flavors in each tier. We were incredibly pleased the look and flavor and had our florist add a few real flowers as the topper to finish the look! The only... Read More opportunity was that we had a scare with the timing! They thought our wedding was the 3rd not the 30th and had our wedding planner not reached out while we were out of town, they would have delivered the cake on the wrong day! Also, the bake shop is a little small so if you're looking for a big, grand, exciting cake tasting, this is more of a low key to-do.

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 Eric Tepper B

Absolutely delicious! Vanilla Bake Shop and Yuko made our wedding so much more special and sweet! She was great to work with and our cake was everything we could have asked for and more!!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

Vanilla Bake Shop made our wedding cake last March. The tasting went so great that we ended up tacking on a dessert table. Yuko + her team delivered beyond our wildest expectations-- we received SO many compliments about our wedding cake, which says a lot because our guest... Read More list spanned a wide range of ages. The VBS team was definitely one of the most professional + lowest maintenance vendors we hired for our wedding. I would wholeheartedly recommend them to anyone with an upcoming wedding or party-- they're simply the best!

Best Cake Ever

Reviewed on 9/27/2015 Elizabeth W

One month after the wedding, our guests are still raving about our cake. We got a four tiered passion fruit cake and it was delicious. Reasonable pricing, great product, and looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

We got married on july 31st 2015. We asked VBS to make a cake that would fit with our theme which was Hawaii and we gave them a pretty clear idea of the design we wanted. They respected everything we asked and made an amazing cake! From the start to the end they have been really... Read More professional and everything was good (the quality of design, the taste ...). All our guests were amazingly surprised to see the cake (simple but perfectly executed) and they loved it as it was really tasty! We will definitely recommend VBS to anyone looking for a good pastry! The best part of it? It is not even overpriced !

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Caroline A

Yuko coordinated the details of my wedding cake in such a personal and delightful way! We never felt stressed by Vanilla Bake Shop, especially when my venue needed specific delivery times for the cake. The staff were always so respectful, patient, and flexible. The cake was... Read More delicious and beautiful! I was always a fan of vanilla bake shop, but now I will use them for all special events due to their superb customer service! Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 na n

I'm so happy we decided to go with Vanilla. The tasting was delicious, easy and zero pressure (and zero cost). Yuko was great about helping us design a style we liked, and I really appreciated how helpful she was in finding something that fit our budget. It was so delicious that... Read More we've been back since for a birthday cake, and I'm looking forward to treating ourselves to another little cake for our first anniversary. Vanilla could become a tradition!

Reviewed on 5/31/2015 Angele F

We worked with Yuko at Vanilla Bake shop for our wedding cake. We got 75% Red Velvet and 25% banana choco chip. Bot cake flavors were amazing. Yuko worked within our budget but providing a simple and beautiful cake on display + sheet cake in the back. The tasting was... Read More wonderful. She let us try so many delicious things!! The guests loved the cake and so did we! Thanks Yuko!

Exactly what we wanted!

Reviewed on 1/14/2015 Meredith T

We used VBS for our dessert bar and absolutely loved them! Yuko was wonderful to work with and everything was delicious (even the leftovers in our freezer are fantastic!) She customized our desserts to go with our colors perfectly and everything was a perfect balance of tasty... Read More elegance. We provided our own trays & platters and had our wedding coordinator set up the design. It was a great way to keep this within our budget and still get everything we wanted.

Creative and Delicious

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Dulce V

As soon as he popped the ring, I knew Vanilla Bake Shop would make our cakes. I had been going to their store for staff birthday cupcakes and knew they were remarkable. My husband, who has a sweet tooth, thought we were going to try 4-5 bakeries, but after having our first... Read More tasting there, he agreed they were the ones. Yuko was so flexible with both cakes, helping them fit within our budget by having most of the cake in "sheets." She was also super creative-- we wanted a grooms cake and though they didn't do those crazy ones you see on TV, I was SO impressed and so HAPPY with the turn out. I would go to them a thousand times over.

The most luxurious dessert bar! (our guests still talk about IT!)

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Akiko E

Our experience with Vanilla Bake Shop from our first contact, tasting and to our wedding day was a bride's dream! At our tasting, we brought inspiration pictures and the overall theme/feeling we wanted with the wedding. The staff at VBS was able to incorporate our inspiration... Read More pictures, color scheme and our vision of having an edible dessert "bling" bar! Their ability to design custom wedding cakes/dessert bars with their client and viewing images of their past work, definitely shows that each wedding cake/dessert bar is meticulously crafted and unique to each couple. The dessert tasting was one of our most memorable moments through all the hectic planning. At our wedding, the dessert bar just SPARKLED! (Pretty sure, the guests and photographers took more pictures of the dessert bar than with my husband and I.) So many of our guests hovered around the dessert bar, to the point where we had our venue security on guard. All of our guests continue to talk about our dessert bar (which was CLEARED in minutes)! To future couples, I highly recommend Vanilla Bake Shop! The experience, quality and 'wow' factor is unrivaled!

I love Vanilla Bakery!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

The cake was just how I order and tasted delicious. Also, the cupcakes.However, the delivery it was horrible. The cake arrived in the end of the wedding and they forgot my cake top at the store. That after I call a day before to make sure that everything will be ok. Very... Read More disappointed . But I still love their cakes and cupcakes. I will recommend Vanilla Bakery just make sure that they will be delivering on time.

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Grace L

There were so many vendors that we could have gone to but no one else could have provided the quality that Vanilla Bake Shop provided. Everyone loved the macrons and everything tasted fresh as they bake everything the day of. I hope to have an event where I can use them again!

Gorgeous and delicious!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Matt V

Delicious, gorgeous and elegant are the first words that come to mind! This bake shop is actually down the street from my house and one of our favorites in general so my husband and I were super excited to hear that Terranea uses them as their recommended cake vendor. Yuko and... Read More her bakers created an absolutely gorgeous and delicious desert table for our wedding reception. The macaroons were to die for! Our wedding cake was simple and stunning, we were asked to provide some trim for the cake as our design included feathers and rhinestones. I just went to Michael's and bought what I could find and Yuko's design looked amazing all said and done. Although Vanilla Bake Shop was nothing new to us we will definitely be back!

Highly recommend Vanilla!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

Vanilla made our wedding cake which was a huge hit! We had guests who don't even like cake clean their cake plate. On top of being delicious, the cake was beautiful and delivered on time. Yuko was a pleasure and very easy to work with. Very happy with Vanilla all around!

Beautiful in Beverly Hills

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Beth G

We used the Vanilla Bake Shop for our June wedding in Beverly Hills. I did not want a traditional cake, so we decided on 5 separate cake designs all with different- amazing flavors! The designs were stunning and although they were each different, she tied them together... Read More visually with the design details and accent color. I am a baker myself, so I was incredibly picky over the texture, flavor and moisture of the cakes. She (Yuko) did not disappoint! We actually took a cake with us on the plane to Hawaii!!! They also did the grooms cake which consisted of oversized amazingly delicious chocolate chip cookies. Every time we visit, we stop in for treat!

My favorite thing about our wedding!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Pallavi Y

I can't say enough about how much I loved having Vanilla Bake Shop cater my wedding desserts. We opted to do a dessert bar rather than a cake and Yuko was absolutely incredible at giving us exactly what we wanted while also working extra hard to make sure we came in under our... Read More budget! She was such a pleasure to work with throughout the process. And the desserts!!!! Amazing!! If you've ever been there, you know their cupcakes and mini desserts are absolutely unparalleled. So good that this was the thing I was most excited about at our wedding ;) All the guests were OBSESSED - they each took way more than we anticipated people would take, but we still had plenty. They also did such an awesome job of executing little details to go with our kind of funky and specific theme. They are able to do so many things with color and details - everyone was so impressed! Thank you so much to the team at Vanilla Bake Shop!!

A Cake to Remember

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Yuko Ebina and the Vanilla Bake Shop made my wedding cake dreams come true! Few things symbolize a joyous wedding celebration better than the perfect, sculptural and scrumptious cake. Our cake had the best table in the room overlooking the Pacific and was a true star of the... Read More evening. From our first meeting with Yuko, we knew we were in the right place. Everyone at the Bake Shop is warm and helpful. They have a wonderful storefront in Santa Monica just steps from Palisades Park, and they offer an intimate, stylish vibe with substance - the bakery counter stacked with delicacies makes you feel like a kid again! There were no hassles getting an appointment for a tasting and consultation with Yuko. She always responded to my email messages very promptly and was always willing to work with me and answer any questions. I have to say I was very surprised to learn that some other bakeries won't even offer a complimentary tasting when you are about to spend $600 or more for a cake. Really? Yuko was so gracious with us, I remember that she insisted on having us try additional flavor combinations at our tasting, because she thought I hadn't made enough choices! She ended up being right on, as we went with my desire for a vanilla buttercream iced cake with her suggestion for a delicious passion fruit filling. Oh, it was so good! And with her gentle guidance I was able to take some time, review countless photographs of her work, and consider a more sculptural icing finish than my original vision. The finished cake was a piece of art. I am so thankful that Yuko took that valuable time with us. Vanilla Bake Shop worked seamlessly with our florist and venue; We were in great hands, and what a pleasure those last few hectic days knowing we didn't need to worry about the cake delivery and set up. It was all taken care of flawlessly by a team that knows what they are doing and gets it right. That is a very nice gift when you are stressed with all the last minute planning and preparations! A great big huge "Thank You" to Yuko and the entire staff at Vanilla Bake Shop! You really did make our special day all the more perfect!