Book Your Wedding with Vecoma At The Yellow River

A BACKYARD IN SNELLVILLE, GA

Situated on 70 acres in Snellville, Georgia, the grounds at Vecoma at the Yellow River are full of pine, sweetgum and oak trees. From the vast wooded areas to the meandering Yellow River, this scenic venue provides ample opportunities for rustic first look photos. The expansive property also offers various options for ceremonies and receptions, ranging from elegant outdoor affairs to weddings in front of historic ruins.

Riverside Arbor. Get married by the Yellow River at the riverside arbor. You'll be surrounded by trees and the quiet sound of the river when you exchange vows.

Covered Deck. Escape the weather underneath the covered deck. It has propane heaters for the cold months and ceiling fans for the warm months. It also provides views of the forest.

Historic Ruins. Have an intimate ceremony at the historic ruins. These ruins are what remain of the original 1927 lodge. The old chimney is a popular spot for candlelit ceremonies.

Ballroom. Have an indoor wedding in the ballroom. The ballroom is outfitted with mirrors, twinkling lights and chiffon draping. The ballroom accommodates 150 guests for a seated dinner and 350 for a reception-style gathering. When combined with the deck, 250 can be hosted for a seated reception.

If you book an outdoor wedding at Vecoma at the Yellow River, the owners have a contingency plan in place. They'll bring you indoors if it rains and let you use the ballroom. Rentals at Vecoma at the Yellow River last for three and a half hours and additional time is available for an extra cost. You're also allowed two hours to set up prior to the event.

When you hold your wedding and reception at Vecoma at the Yellow River, you get private use of the of the entire property. That includes the lodge. You also have access to a bridal room to use to get ready.

This is a family-owned and operated business and the family has a hand in the entire operation. If you add a photographer onto your package, the family takes the pictures. If you hire the minister from the venue, you'll be married by a family member. They are involved with every bit of the process. They are incredibly professional, from the quality of the photographs to the quality of the service.

You have to purchase all of your food and drinks from Vecoma at the Yellow River. The catering team offers traditional menus, custom menus and specialty dinners. Breakfast menus are also available. In addition, the caterers have entertaining add-ons, such as biscuit and pasta stations, as well as appetizer selections.

Along with standard amenities, this venue offers some extras for couples including:

• Cake cutting
  • Facility cleanup
  • Table decorations

Fabulous Riverside Venue in Atlanta!

The ONLY VENUE in Georgia to receive the HALL OF FAME award from The Knot! Vecoma is the best value for your wedding in Georgia! Come tour Saturdays 9:30am-11 am! Tours also available during the week! Call or Email Caroline at 770.972.6540 / [email protected] to get your personalized price quote!

• Outdoor - Covered

Backyard, Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Mountain, Park

Bar + Drinks, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

Bow2008 09
Bow2007

4400 Vecoma Lane, Snellville, GA (770) 972-6540

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Ronald L

Our wedding was April 17, 2016. We had a LOVELY Sunday brunch noon wedding. The staff was amazing, the grounds we absolutely perfect and I could not have had a better wedding day. Our guests are still talking about how wonderful the location was and how good the food was that... Read More they prepared. The bar was open and unlimited. For the money and the quality and overall experience there is no better place to have your wedding. It was truly ABSOLUTELY beautiful!

2016-07-18T11:01:32 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review! You did have an absolutely beautiful wedding and we loved being a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Anna C

Vecoma was a wonderful place for our wedding! First off, it is beautiful - the river was a great backdrop for an outdoor (December 31!) ceremony. It was peaceful and quiet. The staff was wonderful. Throughout the whole process, Caroline was very helpful by allowing us to tweak... Read More the menu, being flexible about having it inside or outside,and more. She also did the photography for the wedding, and we are SUPER pleased. The pictures are beautiful. The food was delicious! We had chicken and waffles and it was GREAT. If you have a morning wedding, the brunch option is fantastic!

2017-01-27T05:52:26 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! Your wedding was fabulous! Thanks for sharing your experience!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jenna S

Was NOT asked to write a review, but loved my wedding so much I cannot help myself!!! Vecoma gave me the dream wedding I always wanted. My photographs are just magical because of the beauty this location has to offer. I could not believe this gem of a place was so close to home!... Read More PERFECT for outdoor weddings and emergency indoor option just in case it rains. Extremely affordable for any bride on a budget! You will not regret it!

2016-07-18T11:04:03 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your review and for mentioning how affordable Vecoma is for any bride on a budget! Vecoma truly is the best value for a wedding in Atlanta! And, as you also noted, the perfect spot for magical wedding photos!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Chelsea K

Matt and I got married at Vecoma At the Yellow River last month and LOVED it! I continue to have people tell me how beautiful it was! Vecoma was definitely the way to go. It is exclusively a wedding venue and they do almost everything for you. Caroline, the owner, and her... Read More husband were our photographers and WOW! They took 670 outstanding pictures and we got them all at no additional cost. Vecoma also provides the food and beverages. We went with the Cajun menu and it was DELICIOUS! We also used their DJ, Kirk, and thought he really kept the reception on schedule and the party dancing! The décor both inside and outside is absolutely stunning. I definitely recommend checking this venue out. Their FB page has tons of pictures you can see before you go. Three words to describe Vecoma - Beautiful, affordable, easy (I cannot stress this enough - Caroline and her team have this down pat, I didn't have to worry about anything!)

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Jhessail H

I am excited to have my wedding at Vecoma in September! My fiancé and I heard about the venue from a family member and immediately jumped on it. The first time we visited the venue in the early part of the year the grass was so incredibly green, that staff was accommodating to... Read More our tight schedule, because both of my parents live out of state, we were able to get the ball rolling pretty quickly and easily. I'm am still amazed that it has been so easy for us to be taken care of with the help of the flexible staff, answering questions via email and the phone in the same day. We love that fact that Vecoma has been so understanding with my fiancé's changing schedule with Dekalb Couny Fire Recruit School. Due to the fact that I sprung a wedding on my parents so quickly, less than a year, the value for a wedding here is unbelievable! It has been extremely stress free with affordable in house catering with vegetarian options and even the option of an in house DJ. An affordable one stop shop!

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Megan N

I could not have picked a better venue for my wedding at Vecoma. The venue is very affordable, beautiful and the staff goes above and beyond to make your day worry-free and perfect. Caroline Tucker is the best photographer, her work is stunning, our pictures came out beautiful... Read More and beyond my expectations. During the wedding planning process, Vecoma was very helpful with anything I had questions about, and they were very responsive to my emails. Vecoma is almost all inclusive which I really like. They have a fabulous in house DJ, wedding coordinator for the wedding day, 2 meetings before the wedding, ceremony rehearsal on site (which I will add was very quick and went smoothly because Vecoma is very organzied), great photography pricing, and the alcohol/food comes from Vecoma. Their open bar is the best choice (it saved us the most money with the amount of guests that attended the wedding). The alcohol selection is great, they have basically anything you want. The food is delicious, we had the Italian feast with a roast beef carving station. I also really liked that Vecoma has 3 options for your ceremony. You can have it outdoors alongside the river, on the covered deck, or inside by the fireplace. I was really bummed because it rained on my wedding day, so the ceremony had to be moved inside by the fireplace instead of by the river; however, looking back, I don't regret having the ceremony indoors. The lighting and decorations inside are so nice, and looked wonderful in person and in pictures. After the ceremony, it stopped raining so we were able to take some pictures outside as well. Overall, I am so impressed with Vecoma.

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Melinda A

Walked right into a beautiful, delicious, musical celebration very well orchestrated!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Nicole S

Beautiful and private venue close to Atlanta!! Family and friends will enjoy the property. Great outdoor wedding pictures off the Yellow River to an elegantly decorated reception venue that you can still add your personal touch to. My experience has been way more than I could... Read More have expected with Caroline and staff willing to work with me.

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Nicole S

Reviewed on 2/04/2017 Angelica F

I am so excited for my upcoming wedding in October the staff have been so helpful and responsive to any questions or accommodations that I may need especially flexible. I look forward to my big day this year and am sure that vecoma will make it memorable.

Reviewed on 12/14/2016 KATRINA R

AMAZING RIVERFRONT OUTDOOR WEDDING! VERY NICE, SECLUDED, AND QUAINT. VERY INTIMATE AND ROMANTIC SETTING OVER THE YELLOW RIVER. RECEPTION WAS INDOOR/OUTDOOR UPSTAIRS PATIO WITH A GORGEOUS VIEW OF THE GARDEN. FOOD PROVIDED BY VECOMA, VERY GOOD CATERERS, PHOTOGRAPHY WAS ALSO... Read More PROVIDED BY VECOMA, HIGH QUALITY PHOTOS, WE CHOSE THE DJ AT VECOMA AS WELL, HE WAS EXCELLENT, MADE IT REALLY FUN. WE WERE OVERALL COMPLETELY SATISFIED WITH OUR ENTIRE EVENT. VECOMA EXCEEDED OUR EXPECTATIONS FOR THE LIMITED BUDGET WE HAD AVAILABLE. I ABSOLUTELY APPRECIATED ALL THE ASSISTANCE THEY GAVE US FOR THE VERY SHORT TIME FRAME LESS THAN 60 DAYS...lol, YES, UNBELIEVABLE I KNOW!!! THE STAFF WAS MORE THAN HELPFUL WITH PLANNING & COORDINATING THIS EVENT. EVERYTHING TURNED OUT INCREDIBLY PERFECT.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Indya S

My wedding will be held at Vecoma early fall of 2017. I just had to let all brides who are in the process of looking for a venue know how amazing Vecoma and its staff has been through out my journey. I'm a bride on a tight budget who doesn't handle stress well. As I searched for... Read More venues I found nothing that was in my budget and fit our personalities. I came across Vecoma and fell in love! I did all of my research (stalking) on the venue read all of the amazing reviews and decided to take a tour. During my tour I was pretty much sold. The staff was super sweet, all prices were already broken down for me so I didn't have to guess and do math on if it fit my budget or not. There were so many options to make it work for us. Being that Vecoma is pretty much a one stop shop for 90% of the vendors you need for a wedding, it's been a super easy no stress journey. Even after I set my date they wer sooooo flexible with me! Vecoma reminds me of a family home. It feels like home, family, and love. They operate in excellence and are so professional. I'm so excited to have them in my corner for my big day!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jessica B

Vecoma was absolutely perfect. We didn't want an overly formal wedding and we wanted something more affordable. Vecoma was everything we were looking for. It was gorgeous, it wasn't extremely formal, it was great for indoor and outdoor celebrations, and so much more. The staff... Read More was amazing. Caroline made sure everything ran smoothly. Catering was included, which was great, and the staff set up plates for my husband and I so we could sit down and eat, which was fantastic. Plus, with the weather so perfect, everyone wound up chilling and talking on the back deck. It was just too gorgeous to stay inside. Overall, lovely day thanks in part to Vecoma at the Yellow River.

2016-11-02T07:36:09 Response from the vendor

It was a fabulous wedding! The ceremony was perfect and all of your guests were having so much fun at the reception! Thanks for letting Vecoma be a part of your celebration!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Tabetha B

Vecoma is AMAZING!! The venue is gorgeous!! Easy to work with, everyone is very nice & there to help you have your dream wedding!! I know we did!! I highly recommend using the house photographer, Caroline, she is awesome & knows the grounds and lighting best!!

2016-11-02T07:37:07 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much!

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Holly B

Caroline and her staff are an absolutely amazing group of people who made our day the best ever. I cannot believe the ease of everything and they really made the whole process a breeze! Just a beautiful venue with beautiful people. Thanks so much!!!

2016-09-28T16:46:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! You had such an AWESOME wedding - so, so beautiful and tons of FUN! Love your family and friends! Thanks for letting us be a part of your celebration!

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Jalyan W

Caroline and the staff at Vecoma at the Yellow River are absolutely awesome. I felt like apart of a family. They took my ideas of what I wanted and made them into more than I could have ever dreamed of! The venue is beautiful, and really does not need any additional décor! The... Read More day of my wedding was PERFECT the staff was very attentive, professional, and just awesome. This place rocks!!!! I highly recommend having your next event here! Also Caroline does photography and her pictures are wonderful!

2016-11-02T07:37:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We all LOVED being a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 9/03/2016 Susan M

Our daughter's July wedding at Vecoma at the Yellow River was absolutely amazing! The setting is so beautiful. It looks and feels as if the venue is in the countryside rather than in the midst of a busy suburb east of Atlanta. Our daughter's outdoor wedding ceremony on the... Read More banks of the Yellow River was lovely. For the ceremony, the bride and groom stood under an arbor with a view to the river flowing past behind it. After the ceremony, the reception was held up at Vecoma's lodge. That setting is incredible as well. Our guests all had a wonderful time eating a delicious dinner and then dancing the night away. From the moment we booked the venue, until the last moment of the reception, Caroline and her staff were kind and helpful. Vecoma was definitely the perfect choice for our daughter's wedding.

2016-11-02T07:38:57 Response from the vendor

You had the most amazing wedding! So, so beautiful! Thank you so much for letting Vecoma be a part of your wonderful celebration!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Sherita B

I can honestly say I don’t even know where to begin. I am a bride on a serious budget. I’m the type of person you would say has a “champagne taste with a beer budget.” I wanted a venue that I could realistically afford but it still had to be beautiful, romantic as well as... Read More stunning. After almost 7 months of searching and visiting venues I found the Vecoma at the Yellow River. It was everything I was looking for. Literally, from the drapery on the ceilings to the river behind the georgeous ceremony area. You can have your wedding inside or out. I love options. The décor, food, set up and breakdown is included in the price. The food is delicious! We tried the food during the food tasting we were invited to. There are plenty of options for every taste. The décor is to die for. Beautiful wall décor, and greenery. They include centerpieces if you choose or use your own. The Vecoma is just georgous all around. The outside (front and back) to the deck and the inside will take your breath away. But the absolute best part about the Vecoma is the wonderful people. I felt like I was the only bride in the world. They are so personable and answered all of my 2,365,158,265 questions with a smile and without making me feel like a bother. From the staff to the actual owners I always felt like a princess. They 100% saved our day and we forever grateful for it. If you are still searching, do yourself one of the greatest favors ever and visit The Vecoma at the Yellow River. You will not be disappointed! -Sherita

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Vivian F

Best experience a couple could ever hope for. The staff was incredible, the food was exquisite and the company's photographer is inspirational. I recommend this venue and their services to absolutely everyone.

2016-07-18T11:05:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved being part of your celebration!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Laura W

There is a reason this venue has been rated highly year after year. When I first came across Vecoma I was intrigued by the beautiful setting. Then I looked at their prices and saw that it was incredibly affordable compared to other venues in the Atlanta metro area. It was the... Read More one and only place we visited and we knew immediately it was the right place for our laid-back, vintage inspired wedding. We held our wedding here on June 19, 2016 and couldn't have been happier with the end result. Caroline and her staff consistently communicated through the whole process. They put me at ease at the 2-month planning consult. They took down notes to know what I wanted for the day of and have so much experience that they know exactly the things they need to know from overwhelmed brides to help make the big day run smoothly. The day of the wedding I felt completely at ease because the staff is spectacular. The staff helped make sure the people setting up the reception area had everything they needed, Caroline was efficient as our photographer and the staff made sure everyone had what they needed throughout the reception. Vecoma caters the reception and the food is spectacular. Many of our guests commended the food. The outdoor setting near the Yellow River is beautiful and the indoor reception area is perfectly romantic. I cannot say enough good things about this wedding venue. It has everything a couple could need to have the wedding of their dreams. I truly thank Caroline and her staff for a wonderful day we'll always remember!

2016-07-18T11:09:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We LOVED being a part of your special day! Thanks for mentioning how great our food and staff is!

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 Jenny J

Vecoma truly was the perfect place for me and my husband to tie the knot and celebrate with all of our friends and family! Caroline and her staff worked with us from day 1 to ensure that everything went smoothly. We fell in love with the venue, which is nestled right along the... Read More Yellow River, and even better, we LOVED the newly renovated outdoor arbor and walkway for our ceremony. The venue truly is breathtakingly beautiful! Vecoma’s staff was very professional and accommodating and made everything run smoothly throughout the entire wedding planning process. Vecoma is your one stop shop as they provide beautiful décor for the ceremony and reception, delicious food at an affordable cost, and even better, the venue’s owner, Caroline, is an amazing photographer that knows how to capture all of the precious moments of your big day. If you are looking for a wedding venue in the Atlanta area, I would look no further! Vecoma is the PERFECT place for you and your spouse to say “I Do”!

2016-07-18T11:10:53 Response from the vendor

You had an awesome wedding! Thanks for letting Vecoma be a part of your big day!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016

My wedding day was wonderful! Caroline and her staff did everything to ensure that things ran smoothly. The outside ceremony was beautiful and the reception inside was terrific. I recommend any couple to check Vecoma at the Yellow River out. I guarantee you won't be... Read More disappointed.

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Jessica M

Vecoma is the most amazing, beautiful venue in all of Georgia. After months of searching we found this gem. Right on the yellow river I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect. It is big enough for the crowd, but small enough were it still feels intimate. The food was to... Read More die for!! Caroline made the planning a breeze. She was there with me through the whole thing. The day of the wedding she was snapping breathtaking photos. This is a family owned and business. Her husband was our minister, her and her son were the photographers and you could see how close her and all the staff were. They were so professional! My day was perfect thanks to Caroline, the staff and the beautiful venue!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Evelyn P

My wedding was May 20, 2016. It was overcast with an 80% chance of rain. The rain plan is to make a decision 2 hrs. before on rather the ceremony would be inside or outside. The waited until 1 hr. before the wedding for my decision to ensure that my special day was just like I... Read More wanted. The were very professional and courteous from beginning to end. They allowed me to customize the menu and it was great. I loved how they had such a " can do" attitude about everything! The wedding rocked, everyone is still talking about it thanks to Vecoma and their excellent team!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Elena E

We just had our Wedding there in April and i have to say it was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was so helpful and nice even though i had to plan everything from germany and it wasn't always easy. Caroline is amazing and always there to answer your questions ! I would recommend... Read More this venue over and over again ! It makes your wedding dreams come true .

Meet The Manager

Caroline Tucker

I've been helping brides (and grooms!) have the weddings of their dreams for over 20 years. Vecoma is a family-run venue and bringing joy to happy couples is not just our business, but our passion. Give me a call or e-mail me to find out how our team at Vecoma can help you have your dream wedding!