Villa Woodbine

Coconut Grove, FL

Book Your Wedding with Villa Woodbine

Villa Woodbine has all the beauty of a Renaissance-style mansion, but keeps the charm of an intimate setting. Located south of downtown Miami in Coconut Grove, Florida, Villa Woodbine was designed by architect Walter De Garmo, who was famous for creating spacious, breezy courtyards like you may see in the Mediterranean. Couples and their guests will be treated to a memorable Old World atmosphere, upscale cuisine and lots of options for pictures and videos. Inside the mansion, the rooms give the feel of a bygone era—perfect for capturing romantic moments.

combines with South Florida's tropical breezes, arched walkways and an amazing fountain to give photos a decidedly Spanish flair.

Many to-be weds choose an outdoor ceremony under Villa Woodbine's massive old oak tree that gives a natural lush cover for exchanging vows by day, or becomes a magical canopy of twinkling lights above them after sunset. Villa Woodbine can comfortably seat up to 250 guests, and as many as 300 with limited seating.

Any foodie on the guest list will be more than satisfied with the five-star-quality menu from Villa Woodbine's exclusive caterer, Bill Hansen. From the free-range, pan-roasted breast of chicken to the creamy wild mushroom and Parmesan risotto, no one will leave on an empty stomach. Bill Hansen Catering also offers a full range of decadent dessert choices, like the almond chocolate and hazelnut torte, as well as several signature cocktails from which couples can choose.

Couples can meet with Villa Woodbine's professional staff to coordinate their wedding and can provide all services on-site. You may choose your own floral designer, musician, videographer, photographer and event planner, but Villa Woodbine reserves the right to disapprove any supplier.

Couples are required to put down a deposit when booking the mansion for their chosen date. Villa Woodbine's intimate setting requires some special considerations for couples as far as entertainment for their reception. All nighttime events have a mandatory end time of 11 p.m. due to zoning ordinances. Villa Woodbine does allow music by approved DJs, live ensembles and small combos. It also has a special area where a band can be placed. However, amplified music and dance floors are not permitted outside.

Electrical power is limited at Villa Woodbine, so couples wishing to use photo booths, bands or additional decorative lighting may need to use a generator.

• Exclusive catering by respected Miami Chef Bill Hansen
  • Valet parking included in rental
  • Plenty of parking is available for guests and/or shuttles (mini-coaches and buses)
  • Beautiful clear tenting for outdoor ceremonies and/or receptions in a range of sizes
  • Access to entire mansion included in rental fee

Villa Woodbine-South Florida's Premier Event Venue

Villa Woodbine is an award-winning, historic mansion in the heart of Miami that hosts the most memorable weddings and special events

Garden, Historic Venue, Mansion + Estate, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Se Habla Español, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

2167 South Bayshore Dr., Coconut Grove, FL (305) 858-6660

Reviewed on 3/02/2018 Fiorella S

I can't even explain how AMAZING of an experience I had with Villa Woodbine! From the moment we first walked into Villa Woodbine, we knew this was it! Our guests could not get over how beautiful it was and they mentioned several times throughout our wedding that they had never... Read More seen a more beautiful venue. Amanda, Lia, Anthony, and the rest of the staff went above and beyond our expectations. I came to them with an idea of what I wanted my dream wedding to look like and they brought it to LIFE...even better than I had imagined! To all brides considering Villa Woodbine, you don't even have to think TWICE! You will forever be grateful.

2018-03-12T07:46:58 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for having us part of your special day. We love that we will be part of your special day forever!

Exceeded Expectations

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 Jaife C

I couldn't be happier with my choice in venue. It was romantic, the food was delicious, and everyone truly enjoyed themselves. The staff, and my coordinator were amazing!

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Tatiana N

My Wedding at Villa Woodbine was better than I could ever have imagined. Eden was a true professional! She genuinely cares about your perfect day and caters to accommodate the Bride in any way she can. All my guests were impressed with not only the beautiful Venue but also the... Read More food!!!!

Reviewed on 1/23/2018 Andi W

Villa Woodbine exceeded my wildest expectations for the most romantic & beautiful wedding I could give my daughter! Bill Hansen's catering was beyond delicious, my guests were talking for days about the food; but his staff lead by Eden have customer satisfaction as their #1... Read More priority. The venue was perfect and over flowing with plenty of places for guests to mingle & dance! And the planning time was painless as the staff handled all the details, no sweat! I am so grateful to Villa Woodbine to making our dream come true!

2018-03-12T07:48:13 Response from the vendor

We greatly appreciate your kind words and overjoyed to hear your daughter enjoyed her special day!

Reviewed on 1/18/2018 Lorena M

From the moment we walked through the doors of Villa Woodbine we were in love with the place. But more important than the charm of the venue, was the need to have a connection with the vendors. Eden and the rest of the Bill Hansen staff went well beyond our expectations of... Read More friendliness, great customer service, attentiveness and follow through with any request we had. We did not have a wedding planner, but we were extremely pleased with how Eden made everything happen exactly how we imagined and was there for us every step of the way answering any questions we had and assisting us with other vendors, from the first meeting until THE BIG DAY. The day of, everything came together really well, the place was absolutely gorgeous and the food was amazing! We loved working with Eden, she's such a sweetheart and seems to genuinely care about her clients. We also had the chance to meet Bill and talked to him for a little while, what a gentleman and very caring too. We're very thankful to Bill Hansen Catering for making our dream day possible.

2018-03-12T07:49:07 Response from the vendor

Delighted to hear you and your guests enjoyed such a great day. We welcome the next opportunity to serve you!

Reviewed on 1/09/2018 Sheilah L

Villa Woodbine was absolutely amazing to work with. They accommodated every need with such ease & professionalism, their service to us exceeded our expectations! Eden, our venue coordinator made sure that every detail was prepared and organized for our wedding day. Every part of... Read More the property is stunning and our wedding day was truly magical and our guests enjoyed every moment! I would do it all over again if I could!

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Taylor R

I cannot say enough wonderful things about this venue. The space was beautiful and a lot does not have to be added because of what is already there. Bill Hansen's staff goes above and beyond for their customers. I would highly recommend this venue. WE LOVED every single second... Read More of our day. Most of the time wedding food is not that great but all our guests raved about how wonderful the presentation of the food was and also how great all the food tasted. This went from the appetizers being passed to the dinner served!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Jo Ann Y

This venue is absolutely gorgeous! We stumbled across this gem when researching venues for our destination wedding in Miami, FL. The venue offers a private setting that feels like home but with an old, rustic Spanish twist. If you love the architecture of Viscaya, this venue... Read More offers a more reasonably priced and intimate alternative. FYI, Viscaya and Woodbine were designed by the same architect. Some features we fell in love with: - Courtyard with a fountain - we had our ceremony there. - Spanish tiles on the steps - gorgeous for photo shoots - Rustic/antique furniture and a Chihuly chandelier - Garden - we used this space for the reception but it could easily be used for the ceremony. A gorgeous space! This venue was everything we wanted and more. Guests were so impressed with how beautiful everything came out and are still raving about it. I'd highly recommend!

Reviewed on 7/02/2017 Lauren B

Villa Woodbine is an absolutely beautiful venue. We wanted a private wedding with a beautiful setting, and Villa was just the place. Eden was amazing during the planning process. She helped to recommend vendors, answered all my questions urgently and was very accommodating!... Read More We decided to use a day of coordinator as well and Brianna was a god send! She made sure everything ran smoothly on our day, coordinated the setup/cleanup of vendors, and stayed the entire night to make sure we got everything we needed. The food at Villa was great as well!! I had some picky eaters and they all said how great the food was from the appetizers to the main dinner. I am so happy I chose to get married at Villa!

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Olga R

We used Bill Hansen Catering for our wedding and had it at Villa Woodbine, which owned by them. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. Hidden villa in the middle of a jungle. Every room is beautiful and unique. Courtyard is like from fairy tale. I can't imagine better venue for a... Read More wedding. Catering service was also on point. Food was very delicious which is not always the case with catering. Diego was our coordinator. He is great. He helped us with everything along the whole year process of planning and changing our minds a million times. Very patient, which I really appreciate. Overall, I wish I can do it again.

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Alanna M

I can't say enough good things about Villa Woodbine and the Bill Hansen Catering staff. I had a pretty hard time with planning from a distance (Chicago), but I put my trust in BHC and they did not disappoint. Even when my event producer left the company 25 days before my... Read More wedding, they assigned my wedding to Eden. Eden stepped into the fold and did a great job supporting my vision and helping me figure it out. Also, Christina was my day of coordinator and she was very kind and extremely organized. I feel like I had so many last minute changes and Christina kept track of it all! And when certain things didn't go as planned, Christina was ready to tackle any and every situation. I am so thankful we worked together. From the property to the staff to the FOOD, everything was 5 stars. 10/10 would do it all again!

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Lauren B

I couldn't say enough good things about Villa Woodbine. If you are getting married in Miami, I don't know why you would consider any other venue. We had the pleasure of working with Eden Bauer and Christina Acosta. We live in Singapore, so planning a wedding from halfway around... Read More the world should be difficult, but they made sure it was anything but! Eden met with my sister-in-law initially who checked out the venue and came with a list of questions, she then met with us two other times before the wedding, and made sure everything was exactly what we wanted. Christina was a star, made me feel like an absolute celebrity. She took care of any issues that arose, and I didn't feel an ounce of stress the entire day. The venue couldn't be anymore beautiful - from the courtyard, to the bar area, dessert room, to the bridal suite, the tree, and the garden area, it is one of the most beautiful places I've ever seen. The food is out of this world good - my guests couldn't compliment it enough. We just did the tacos, tapas, and milkshake martinis stations - which seems simple enough - but it was anything but that! Great detail was given to every aspect of the food and drinks. I'm sure all the coordinators at the venue are great, but if I had the chance to work with Christina again, I absolutely would. She is organized, professional, and very kind of genuine. It was truly a fairytale day!

Reviewed on 4/20/2017 rimas f

A beautiful Mediterranean-Renaissance style building with an open-air design parts of it creates a timeless classic mood for a wonderful special event in your life. Villa Woodbine is so unique and stylish it can only be described as a perfect piece of art. And if choosing a... Read More venue for a romantic wedding in Miami, you’re looking not only for a beautiful building, but a mix of European and States style, Villa Woodbine is a must! RIMAS FILMS just finished filming an outstanding wedding here and couldn’t have done it at a better venue. Intimate and colourful venue with its outstanding catering and the staff is just a dream! Everyone should experience Villa Woodbine at least once in their lifetime. If you would like to see the video:

Reviewed on 2/02/2017 Nic B

Having my wedding reception at Villa Woodbine was my best idea, my wedding guests are still talking about the venue months later. First of all, there is a minimum rate, but with my 220 guest list I reached that quickly. The things that add up: $8,000 rental fee, $150/person... Read More catering fee. Things that are included: valet service (very professional and quick), catering service (best I've seen at a wedding), best wedding food in town, basic linens/napkins/silverware, bridal suite, basic size tables. (When we added these things together for another venue it came out to equally or more expensive.) Second, all of the people I worked with at Villa Woodbine, from Christina the day of wedding coordinator to Amanda our contact person at the Villa, were exceptionally nice/polite, and went above and beyond my expectations. Finally, the venue itself is extremely memorable. It is a hidden gem in Coconut Grove. I highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Ana R

The first time I saw the place I was amazed because it's a magical location like no other in Miami. I was looking for a perfect vintage wedding and the Villa was definitely a great place. Everyone who works on the Bill Hansen catering is very polite and most important they care... Read More about you and your happiness thru the whole wedding planning process. Eden my coordinator from Bill Hansen Catering was really a very helpful person, nice and gentle. I really don't think I was a very "demanding bride" but some the days I went crazy with all the details and she answered all my questions and gave me so much peace. I couldn't be more grateful with all of the Bill Hansen Catering and Villa Woodbine team. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Daphna S

Working will Bill Hansen Catering was an absolute pleasure! We worked with Diego Suarez and it is difficult to articulate into words just how incredible he was! Diego and the Bill Hansen Catering team were communicative, enthusiastic, friendly and wonderful to work with. All of... Read More our needs and questions (I had many!) were taken care of, nothing was ever a problem. Leading up to the day we were in constant communication and we were confident that in Diego's hands, everything would run smoothly and we were right. Our wedding was beautiful, well organised and so much fun - Diego helped us with suggesting improvements and personal touches along the way and was an enormous help with everything from menu, budget, vendors, logistics and even took it upon himself to pick-up the kosher meals we ordered on the day of the wedding! Working with this phenomenal team put our minds at ease and all of our guests remarked on how beautiful our wedding was and how delicious the food was! It goes without saying that the venue itself was stunning and perfect! Thank you to Bill Hansen Catering and especially Diego Suarez!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Samantha F

I recently held my wedding at this venue and I am SO pleased with the entire process. The venue, the food, the staff- all absolute perfection. When planning a wedding you have a million stresses but going with this venue will not be one of them. Sandra Perez was an absolute... Read More pleasure to work with and helped me throughout the entire process. My guests were very pleased with the service they received the day of and the quality of the food and beverages. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Cristina A

Choosing Villa Woodbine for our wedding venue was one of the smartest decisions we made for our wedding. The location is magical and a dream, and everyone found it romantic and so beautiful. It exemplifies Miami (Spanish, blends cultures, full of color, incorporates the... Read More outdoors), without seeming corny or overdone. They have plenty of options if it rains, so I was never stressed throughout the wedding process about the weather. The food through their caterer was superb, and the staff was kind and patient (Kay Rivas was particularly a pleasure to work with). Villa Woodbine is superb.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Isabel G

Eden has been very professional and helpful in assisting us with our wedding options. We decided not to go to Villa Woodbine but Eden was great with providing us alternatives and other venue possibilities, as well as information on vendors. She was also available to answer... Read More any questions or help with any issues. Villa Woodbine is a beautiful place and we would have loved to have our wedding there. Although we cannot actually recommend the place, we definitely recommend working with Eden either at Villa Woodbine or any of the other vendors the company offers.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Marissa C

Villa Woodbine was absolutely the most perfect setting for our wedding. It was romantic, intimate, and gorgeous. The Villa's courtyard and outdoor ceremony area were so beautiful. I could not have chosen a better venue. Sandra, Christina and the staff were super helpful and made... Read More our wedding details come to life.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Sarah Y

There should be more stars to choose from as the Villa Woodbine and their staff deserve the most amazing review. When I first went to the Villa Woodbine to scope out the place I had just got off work and was not in the mood to tour another venue. To my surprise the Villa was... Read More exactly what we wanted! Being from Coconut Grove the Villa felt like home (partially because it’s in the Grove but also because of peacocks that roam the surrounding gardens) though with obvious differences. It is an intimate, elegant historic home with lush landscaping, hidden rooms to entertain, beautiful architecture and interior decorating, and to top it off spectacular service and food! The sales consultant Amanda was extremely attentive and supportive. I was so happy to be working with her! Then I met our day of coordinator, Christina. I was so excited about having Amanda, I was curious to see how things would go with Christina. Christina took the lead and it felt like a true team because of these ladies. They both went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend perfect! Seriously there should be some slip ups but there really weren’t! We received thank you letters from our guests about how beautiful the Villa was. When did guests start sending thank you letters to the wedding hosts?? It should be noted, the food was spectacular! When you go to a tasting you expect the food to come out perfectly cooked which it did, but to my surprise all the entrees came out perfect for our 120 guests. Well done Chef! Also, when touring the venue I was apprehensive about the dancefloor size and location, but after dancing the night away it was a perfect size. I could go on and on, but please know this location and their staff will not disappoint! Thank you Villa Woodbine and your staff for making our day so memorable!!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Brooke W

Eden never called me back after I left a voicemail or replied to my emails (beyond sending out initial contact form response).

Romantic Garden Wedding

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Nichole S

My husband and I really wanted to have our wedding at a private estate--we wanted it to be elegant but feel intimate. the Villa delivered on all accounts. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Villa. It is a truly unique space, if you are looking for an outdoor venue,... Read More with old world charm the Villa will not disappoint. Our wedding coordinator Kay was amazing. She was patient, extremely helpful and worked with us to create the wedding of our dreams. Would highly recommend! The food was excellent--both in presentation and taste. Thank you!

Reviewed on 3/01/2015 Marly Q

From the moment you walk into Villa Woodbine, you can't help but fall in love with the beautiful trees, landscaping, architecture and even the graceful peacock mascot, Winston. Bill Hansen Catering and his team run an elite venue and professional event ensuring your peace of... Read More mind with the details of wedding planning. I recommend Villa Woodbine to everyone I know, it's Miami's hidden gem for a fairy tale wedding set in a secret garden.

A Garden Dream!

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Nicole C

Villa Woodbine is a hidden gem and so is their staff. My wedding was a dream come true thanks to my wedding coordinator, Christina Acosta. However, I did not care for the sales consultant assigned to us. Fortunately, Christina, Sandra and Courtney made up for this shortfall!