Villa Woodbine

Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

2167 South Bayshore Dr., Coconut Grove, FL

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Ana R

The first time I saw the place I was amazed because it's a magical location like no other in Miami. I was looking for a perfect vintage wedding and the Villa was definitely a great place. Everyone who works on the Bill Hansen catering is very polite and most important they care... Read More about you and your happiness thru the whole wedding planning process. Eden my coordinator from Bill Hansen Catering was really a very helpful person, nice and gentle. I really don't think I was a very "demanding bride" but some the days I went crazy with all the details and she answered all my questions and gave me so much peace. I couldn't be more grateful with all of the Bill Hansen Catering and Villa Woodbine team. Thank you!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Daphna S

Working will Bill Hansen Catering was an absolute pleasure! We worked with Diego Suarez and it is difficult to articulate into words just how incredible he was! Diego and the Bill Hansen Catering team were communicative, enthusiastic, friendly and wonderful to work with. All of... Read More our needs and questions (I had many!) were taken care of, nothing was ever a problem. Leading up to the day we were in constant communication and we were confident that in Diego's hands, everything would run smoothly and we were right. Our wedding was beautiful, well organised and so much fun - Diego helped us with suggesting improvements and personal touches along the way and was an enormous help with everything from menu, budget, vendors, logistics and even took it upon himself to pick-up the kosher meals we ordered on the day of the wedding! Working with this phenomenal team put our minds at ease and all of our guests remarked on how beautiful our wedding was and how delicious the food was! It goes without saying that the venue itself was stunning and perfect! Thank you to Bill Hansen Catering and especially Diego Suarez!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Samantha F

I recently held my wedding at this venue and I am SO pleased with the entire process. The venue, the food, the staff- all absolute perfection. When planning a wedding you have a million stresses but going with this venue will not be one of them. Sandra Perez was an absolute... Read More pleasure to work with and helped me throughout the entire process. My guests were very pleased with the service they received the day of and the quality of the food and beverages. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone.

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Cristina A

Choosing Villa Woodbine for our wedding venue was one of the smartest decisions we made for our wedding. The location is magical and a dream, and everyone found it romantic and so beautiful. It exemplifies Miami (Spanish, blends cultures, full of color, incorporates the... Read More outdoors), without seeming corny or overdone. They have plenty of options if it rains, so I was never stressed throughout the wedding process about the weather. The food through their caterer was superb, and the staff was kind and patient (Kay Rivas was particularly a pleasure to work with). Villa Woodbine is superb.

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Isabel G

Eden has been very professional and helpful in assisting us with our wedding options. We decided not to go to Villa Woodbine but Eden was great with providing us alternatives and other venue possibilities, as well as information on vendors. She was also available to answer... Read More any questions or help with any issues. Villa Woodbine is a beautiful place and we would have loved to have our wedding there. Although we cannot actually recommend the place, we definitely recommend working with Eden either at Villa Woodbine or any of the other vendors the company offers.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Marissa C

Villa Woodbine was absolutely the most perfect setting for our wedding. It was romantic, intimate, and gorgeous. The Villa's courtyard and outdoor ceremony area were so beautiful. I could not have chosen a better venue. Sandra, Christina and the staff were super helpful and made... Read More our wedding details come to life.

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Sarah Y

There should be more stars to choose from as the Villa Woodbine and their staff deserve the most amazing review. When I first went to the Villa Woodbine to scope out the place I had just got off work and was not in the mood to tour another venue. To my surprise the Villa was... Read More exactly what we wanted! Being from Coconut Grove the Villa felt like home (partially because it’s in the Grove but also because of peacocks that roam the surrounding gardens) though with obvious differences. It is an intimate, elegant historic home with lush landscaping, hidden rooms to entertain, beautiful architecture and interior decorating, and to top it off spectacular service and food! The sales consultant Amanda was extremely attentive and supportive. I was so happy to be working with her! Then I met our day of coordinator, Christina. I was so excited about having Amanda, I was curious to see how things would go with Christina. Christina took the lead and it felt like a true team because of these ladies. They both went above and beyond to make our wedding weekend perfect! Seriously there should be some slip ups but there really weren’t! We received thank you letters from our guests about how beautiful the Villa was. When did guests start sending thank you letters to the wedding hosts?? It should be noted, the food was spectacular! When you go to a tasting you expect the food to come out perfectly cooked which it did, but to my surprise all the entrees came out perfect for our 120 guests. Well done Chef! Also, when touring the venue I was apprehensive about the dancefloor size and location, but after dancing the night away it was a perfect size. I could go on and on, but please know this location and their staff will not disappoint! Thank you Villa Woodbine and your staff for making our day so memorable!!

Reviewed on 2/09/2016 Brooke W

Eden never called me back after I left a voicemail or replied to my emails (beyond sending out initial contact form response).

Romantic Garden Wedding

Reviewed on 3/26/2015 Nichole S

My husband and I really wanted to have our wedding at a private estate--we wanted it to be elegant but feel intimate. the Villa delivered on all accounts. We had both our ceremony and reception at the Villa. It is a truly unique space, if you are looking for an outdoor venue,... Read More with old world charm the Villa will not disappoint. Our wedding coordinator Kay was amazing. She was patient, extremely helpful and worked with us to create the wedding of our dreams. Would highly recommend! The food was excellent--both in presentation and taste. Thank you!

Villa Woodbine is a FAIRY TALE SECRET GARDEN

Reviewed on 3/01/2015 Marly Q

From the moment you walk into Villa Woodbine, you can't help but fall in love with the beautiful trees, landscaping, architecture and even the graceful peacock mascot, Winston. Bill Hansen Catering and his team run an elite venue and professional event ensuring your peace of... Read More mind with the details of wedding planning. I recommend Villa Woodbine to everyone I know, it's Miami's hidden gem for a fairy tale wedding set in a secret garden.

A Garden Dream!

Reviewed on 3/25/2014 Nicole C

Villa Woodbine is a hidden gem and so is their staff. My wedding was a dream come true thanks to my wedding coordinator, Christina Acosta. However, I did not care for the sales consultant assigned to us. Fortunately, Christina, Sandra and Courtney made up for this shortfall!

Unique Venue

Reviewed on 3/03/2014 Cristina G

Villa Woodbine is a beautiful and unique venue located in Coconut Grove. The complete staff at Bill Hansen Catering was wonderful to work with, understanding and exceed my client's expectations. I look forward in working there again. Thank you so much for the amazing... Read More experience.

Exceeded Expectations

Reviewed on 1/09/2014 Jaife C

I couldn't be happier with my choice in venue. It was romantic, the food was delicious, and everyone truly enjoyed themselves. The staff, and my coordinator were amazing!

Reception Site

Reviewed on 4/30/2013 Katie G

Villa Woodbine was such a gorgeous place for a wedding reception! It is an old Spanish mansion that sits on well landscaped grounds. You get the entire property for your event so it is private and the food and drinks are awesome - much better than traditional wedding meals. The... Read More pictures are specail too due to the character and originality of the property. If you don't want a boring, plain ball room, this is a great alternative.

Ehhh

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Matt W

This place is ok. The house is nice looking at night when lit up, but leaves much to be desired in the way of "bang for your buck". The sales staff tries to upsell every little thing and demeans your personal taste if you don't go along for the ride of getting the most... Read More expensive option for everything. The food is decent and the facility is average. What charm the facility could have is lost in its lack of size and function. One bathroom for all the guests is inadequate, especially when placed behind the band. Hope no one with sensitive ears has to go during the reception. Electrical, lighting, and "facility" limitations become the least of your worries when they shut you down at 11pm due to sound ordinances. My bride started off viewing this place as her dream because of its first impression. That impression quickly wore off. It was unfortunate that we realized this after making the deposit. Any charm and care the staff had towards us was gone as well at that point. We were just another event and paycheck for them. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else if you want a lot for your special day while without feeling the squeeze of restrictions. Also, the sales consultant, Lindsey, was very demeaning and unpleasant to work with. I DO NOT recommend working with her at all. If villa woodbine wants to better there services the first thing they should do is let her go. The day of the wedding they sent a tray of hors 'doeuvres of just one of the many we ordered for us to snack on. The bacon wrapped dates. So we (the bride and groom) never got to enjoy or even taste the rest of our hors 'doeuvres because of our lousy assistant Lindsey. We got to hear how good they were from our guests but never tried them ourselves. SMH.

Dont Look Anywhere Else

Reviewed on 6/17/2012 SARA G

To all you brides - dont look anywhere else but Villa Woodbine! We didnt know about the villa till our wedding planner - Vanessa with Karma Goddes (THE BEST AROUND!!) introduced us to the villa! The villa is a private, elegant, romanitc, affordable, amazing, delicious venue.... Read More The staff is amazing, freindly and professional! We had many different ideas - such as a full gosple choir ( THANK YOU MIAMI MASS ) ! Needless to say our wedding was a show stopper even stopping traffic on bayshore drive! We didnt want our wedding to be in a box - hotels are boxes - we wanted to be private and just have our families thier - we wanted delicious food and drinks - and we wanted to be in budjet - VILLA WOODBINE DELIVERED!!!!! THANK YOU!!

The most magical place in Miami

Reviewed on 12/14/2011 Nicole S

This is an absolute magical location for your wedding. The staff, food and ambiance is wonderful, unique and top notch. There is no other place like it. The food is the best and service very professional. My friends and family are still talking about the wedding !!!Thank you!!

Beautiful, Romantic Historic Villa

Reviewed on 6/23/2011 Trish R

Villa Woodbine is a very special place. My, now, husband & I had been to every other venue in south Florida & as soon as we found Villa Woodbine we knew it was perfect! It has a beautiful house with several air conditioned rooms, a beautiful fountain courtyard &... Read More a stunning garden for your dinner. All of these make great settings for photos. There is a room for the bride to get ready with her girls right on the property, that was very nice! Bill Hansen is the exclusive caterer for Villa Woodbine. His food is excellent & he pays a lot of attention to detail. There are two reasons I did not give them 5 stars though, 1. we were supposed to have valet parking & the valets did not show up at the last minute, so our guests had to walk through the rain, 2. they did not give the proper vegan meals to the guests I requested them for, including me, the bride. It is a beautiful place with great service though & I highly recommend it if you want to have your wedding in a romantic, tropical dream house!