The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Vintage Villas is a hotel and event center located in Austin, Texas. It is just 30 minutes from downtown Austin, but it feels like a peaceful, secluded oasis. Vintage Villas is on the top of a bluff that overlooks Lake Travis, making it an advantageous location that offers guests stunning lake views. Numerous indoor and outdoor special event spaces are available to accommodate nearly any wedding ceremony or reception.

The Outdoor Event Area. This is a popular spot for ceremonies, but it's also suitable for receptions. It features a courtyard and a garden with a gazebo and has full views of the lake so couples can exchange vows under the gazebo and with the sparkling water in the background. During the spring and summer, this area is filled with colorful flowers. It is large enough to comfortably seat up to 250 guests.

The Event Center. This area consists of two adjoining rooms, the Sunset and the Lakeview. They are connected by a wide glass-walled foyer with two built-in bars. As the names suggest, Lakeview provides sweeping views of the lake while the westward facing Sunset allows guests to enjoy a romantic Texas sunset. The architecture in this space is rustic yet elegant, with rough-cut limestone, exposed wood beam ceilings and black-stained floors. It can accommodate up to 400 guests.

The Travis Room. This room is located on the second floor and provides a vantage point for views of the well-maintained grounds and the lake. It has a total area of 2,000 square feet and can accommodate up to 250 guests.

The Colorado Room. This room features full-length windows on three sides and a private balcony where guests can enjoy the fresh air as they look out onto the lake. This room is ideal for more intimate gatherings and it can accommodate up to 150 guests.

Vintage Villas provides all catering services for wedding parties. The staff works closely with the couple to arrange a menu to suit their style and budget. The venue offers a choice of full meals or appetizers and cocktails and many menu options are available for people with dietary restrictions.

Vintage Villas provides mandatory on-site event coordinators to all wedding parties. These coordinators ensure that everything runs smoothly and is set up on time. They also help couples make decisions regarding the color scheme and layout of their event. Setup and cleanup services are provided, as are free on-site parking and high-speed Wi-Fi.

Each area at the Vintage Villas is private and secluded, thus offering a relaxing and peaceful atmosphere for couples and their guests to enjoy their wedding day.

Vintage Villas provides the ideal setting for indoor or outdoor weddings with a spectacular view of Lake Travis as a backdrop. We offer the finest in service and exquisite cuisine as well as wedding planning assistance to ensure that your wedding wishes come true.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Hotel

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

4209 Eck Lane, Austin, TX (512) 220-0185

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Rea F

I recommend Vintage Villas to anyone getting married in the Austin area! From the wedding center to the staff to the hotel, Vintage Villas was a wonderful venue for my reception. Throughout the planning process, the wedding specialist that was assigned to me was always just an... Read More email or phone call away. It didn't matter if my wedding was 11 months away, she would still respond within 24 hours. Amy was my wedding specialist, and she was wonderful! I could not be more pleased with her work. She's down-to-earth and sweet, but also sharp and smart. She made me feel comfortable enough to voice my concerns or issues but also displayed confidence that she could manage my event. Actually this was true of all of Vintage Villas's staff from the wedding center staff to the hotel staff, and it is exactly what you want when you're planning a big event like a wedding. Also, the venue and boutique hotel were very accommodating. I had several special requests and Vintage Villas went out of their way to fulfill each and every request, which included adding an extra guest an hour before a tasting, a customized menu, rearranging guests rooms from the hotel block, providing gluten-free meals for some guests, etc. On the day of the wedding, the wedding center was set up perfectly, the bartenders and servers were friendly, and the food was delicious! Our guests raved about the beautiful views, the different rooms (sunset and lakeview rooms), the food, the bartenders, etc. At the end of the night, like other reviewers, my husband and I found boxes of hors d'oeuvres, dinner, cake, and a bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room. In the end, I could not have asked for a better venue. If you want a venue that will make you feel special from the start of the planning process to the very end, then book Vintage Villas. You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Crystal G

If you are looking for a destination type of wedding, this is it, without having to leave Texas! We loved Vintage Villas. We were sold to book after touring and seeing the great packages for both the ceremony/reception. Being on a budget, this venue worked well for us. With the... Read More gorgeous view, there wasn't much of a need for elaborate decor. The sales coordinator was great and professional throughout all of our communication. The staff and service was superb on the day of. Everyone raved about the food. We blocked a villa for both of our families and I loved how private it felt. My husband and I recommend Vintage Villas.

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Kristina C

I cannot accurately describe how wonderful my wedding was here at Vintage Villas. We lucked out with the weather being beautiful and the entire night was magical. My guests enjoyed their boutique hotel experience and our out of town guests really enjoyed the views. The day of... Read More coordinator I worked with, Amy, was readily available with any questions or concerns I had during the entire planning process...and the day of my wedding was flawless thanks to her! I love the outdoors and HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone who also wants an outdoor wedding!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Lucia T

Beautiful venue, great food, and very friendly staff. A few issues came up but vintage villas was willing to work with us to figure out a solution that would work. All in all the best day of my life. Thank you vintage villas for making it possible.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Melissa S

The staff, the food, the service, the VIEW! Vintage Villas is a fabulous event venue. They look after every detail from start to finish. Alex was our day of coordinator and worked tirelessly to make sure that our day was special and perfect. Rosemary in Sales was so helpful in... Read More reserving the venue and connecting us with all the right people. My guests were blown away by the view(best in Lake Travis). They were lining up to take pictures with the gorgeous lakeside sunset in the background. The ceremony space is spectacular(you almost don't even need decorations!). My guests also raved about the food. Who knew we would still be craving veggie quesadillas? I love Vintage Villas!

Reviewed on 10/19/2016 Michael G

Vintage Villas is an absolutely beautiful venue! We had so many compliments on the venue. We are so happy we chose Vintage Villas!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Audri K

I could not be happier with my decision to have THE MOST MEMORABLE DAY of my life on 9/15/16 @ Vintage Villas!!!! <3 It was SOOOO perfect!!! Not only is the Venue BREATHTAKING, the food delicious but the staff is very hands on and understand some people have more questions that... Read More others so they never seemed annoyed or bothered by possibly having to answer the same question..a few times :) lol AMY was THE BOMB.COM! Her personality and professionalism was so refreshing!! I absolutely adore her! <3 Thank you Vintage Villas for hosting the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Gabrielle A

Vintage Villas is positively perfect. I couldn’t have chosen a more beautiful or well-managed establishment for my summer wedding. My fiancé and I first visited Vintage Villas in December. When we drove onto the property we immediately noticed its inherent beauty. It has an... Read More absolutely gorgeous lake view. In addition the grounds well kept, and both wedding venues are warm and inviting. Part of the beauty of Vintage Villas is the simplicity of the venues. Each one features hardwood floors and neutral walls and décor. The Event Center, where we had our wedding, also incorporates chandeliers and tulle/twinkle lights hanging from wooden beams. The outdoor space includes a patio with simple white iron furniture, trees wrapped in twinkle lights, and a gazebo covered in vines. Ultimately—because the venue was so neutral and beautiful on its own—we didn’t have to bring in much décor or worry about our chosen colors clashing with the existing hues. The staff at Vintage Villas is also wonderful. To help create, manage, and implement your event, each couple is assigned a Wedding Coordinator. We were blessed to have been assigned to Alex Middlebrook. She was phenomenal! Throughout the planning process Alex answered all of our questions and concerns within 48 hours via email. She helped us develop a layout for our tables, create a timeline for the evening’s important events, and ensure that we received the most food and drink options for our contracted price. In addition, she was able to secure a hotel suite for us—which we accessed at 10:00AM on the day of our wedding. Thanks to the staff and gorgeous location, our wedding day was like living in a dream in which all of your needs and wants are met before you even realize that you have any. Our ceremony was breathtaking and our wedding coordinator ensured that it ran smoothly so that we could focus on each other and the momentous occasion. Our reception was fun, well organized, and well staffed. Throughout and after the event, guests raved about the food that Vintage Villas provided. They were also impressed by the Vintage Villas s’mores bar, which we included as a late night snack! When it came time for our sendoff, our coordinator made sure that every guest had a lit sparkler. The evening officially ended when my husband and I arrived in our hotel suite, which had been stocked with three takeout containers of food from the event (including an assortment of our wedding cake flavors) and a bottle of champagne with two glasses. We highly recommend Vintage Villas to any couple. They are welcoming, well organized, and have incredible facilities and grounds. For us, all of our dreams came true here. I am sure they will do the same for many couples to come.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Venice S

Our Vale renewal this past Wednesday couldn't had been any better! The staff, food, view and services were amazing threw the whole process. I would recommend this site to anyone and would definitely visit once more.

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 H R

I highly recommend this venue!! We had an outdoor wedding in the gazebo gardens at Vintage Villas in May, and it was everything we hoped it would be and more. VV is a gorgeous venue, the staff are wonderful, and we feel we got an excellent value for the cost. We worked with... Read More Shelby in the beginning, and then we worked with Jenna on all the wedding details and on coordination the day of. Both ladies were extremely friendly, courteous, responsive, and reliable. We had excellent communication throughout, and they went above and beyond to help us make our dream a reality. I asked a million questions throughout, and they were very patient and informative. There was one misunderstanding about the beverage charges which was quickly cleared up once i pointed out a discrepancy in two different price quotes. Also, the day of the wedding there was a table missing where there was supposed to be one on the setup diagram, but the staff quickly fixed the issue once it was pointed out. Out of all the million wedding details, I could not believe those were the only issue that came up with the venue, and I was impressed with how professionally they resolved these issues. Working with VV was one of the most delightful and least stressful parts of the wedding, and I am so glad we went with them! Thank you for being such an important part of our special day!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Valerie W

I cannot say enough about how great it was to have our wedding at Vintage Villas. Ours was a small wedding held at the Arbor and the reception was in the Travis Room. Being small, the planning and details were easy to work out and our planner (Jenna) was great from beginning to... Read More end. We had so much fun going to the tastings, which were like mini date nights, complete with champagne. We ended up choosing the Regale menu, with the Prime Rib and Mahi Mahi and our guests raved about the food, especially the Prime Rib (based on the tastings and our weding, I would say this is their specialty). There was rain coming in on our wedding day and VV let us hold off making the call on whether to move inside until the very last minute. Since the Arbor is covered, we were able to hold the ceremony outside with the rain at just a light sprinkle. It was perfect and the views cannot be beat anywhere in Austin. It was so great having our guests stay with us at the Villas. We were able to continue the party a little longer that night and all have breakfast together the next morning. And the staff was great from our very first visit right through breakfast. Definately recommend this venue to any bride.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016 Shirley K

Vintage Villas is a beautiful place to get married but I don't recommend this place if you're looking for a more cost efficient venue. This venue likes to charge for every little thing (such as cake stand, easel, etc) and double book weddings in one day so you'll barely have any... Read More time to do any setting up for your wedding or to take pictures before guests start arriving. Despite the beautiful wedding I had, I'm giving Vintage Villas 2 stars b/c of some negative experiences I had with them during my wedding planning process and my wedding day. I originally had a wedding coordinator named Jenna. She was so nice and I really liked her until I saw her again at the bridal extravaganza. I went up to her to ask some questions while I was there. She of course didn't recognize me or knew that she was my wedding coordinator. That didn't bother me but what bothered me was that she acted as if I was being so bothersome for asking her questions and had a bad attitude. Although I was the only customer there at the time, she acted as if she just didn't want to help out at all. A few months later, I found out that my coordinator changed to someone else named Alex. When I met Alex, I was so glad she became the new coordinator. I've had a very good first encounter with her and every time I spoke with her up until my wedding, she was so sweet and helpful. After the wedding was done, I was shocked to hear from my bridesmaids that Alex was being rude to them and wasn't helping out with anything or even seemed like she wanted to help when the most help was needed from her. My bridesmaids described Alex as rude and most of the wedding, nowhere to be found and showed up to my wedding an hour later than promised time. It was very disappointing to hear what was really happening behind the scenes.

2016-06-29T15:38:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for reaching out, Shirley. While I’m thrilled to hear you had a beautiful wedding with us, I’m shocked to hear about these hiccups you encountered. When you met with Jenna at the Bridal Extravaganza, we don’t have all the information on hand... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/25/2016 Ariann E

My husband and I were married here on May 21, 2016, and Vintage Villas went above and beyond for our special day! Our wedding coordinator, Alex, was incredibly responsive throughout the entire planning process, which was helpful because I was planning from 8 hours away! She... Read More truly cared about my desires. I was pretty laid-back as a bride (or at least I'd like to think so!), but she was insistent on making sure I had what I wanted. I saved tons of money on a florist, because the landscape and view for our outdoor wedding were spot-on. We were looking for something small and intimate, so we booked the Arbor which was recently renovated and perfect for exchanging our vows! The Travis Room has an INCREDIBLE view, so book that over any of the other rooms. The food is AMAZING, so you can rest assured in that area. I also believe the cost is fair. I looked at NUMEROUS places, and chose VV for the sights it offered and affordability. I gave VV 4/5 stars for a couple of reasons. First, the price I just mentioned included MANY options, one of which was access to the sound system in the Travis Room. We had a morning ceremony and a brunch reception. We did not hire a DJ because of how low-key our event was, so we were counting on that sound system. I was also clear about this with the wedding coordinator. On the day of the wedding, we used a family member's portable speaker for the ceremony and it is a good thing we had it because none of the staff could figure out how to work the sound system in the Travis Room! The portable speaker was all we had throughout the entire reception for all of the traditional dances and background music. I was totally not a bridezilla about it, because I never intended the reception to be a wild party (we rented a party bus that night to go out downtown, so that was the real party!), but I do find it a bit odd that we paid for an amenity that we did not receive. Alex, our wedding coordinator, was incredibly apologetic and I do not blame her or hold any resentment about it! I just find it strange that it wasn't made a priority since I was clear about needing the sound system. Oh well, my wedding day was AMAZING and that was just a small hiccup. There was also miscommunication about the breakfast the next day, but she rectified it the best she could. Alex was really great! Second, the hotel could probably use a little bit of updating. I found it incredibly charming and my husband and I had the best room on the whole property having rented out the entire East Texas Villa. We had the suite on the third floor which was the perfect place to get ready for the wedding. However, there are some stains around the building and on the walls. I think one of my guests had water stains on their ceiling or something, and another had a shower that didn't drain so the water built up around their feet. My mother stayed in the handicap room in the South Texas Villa, and she said the room wasn't actually very accommodating for her disability. I never actually saw it myself, so I cannot further comment. They were also annoyed the television was broken for their entire stay, but I'm glad it was because it forced them to get out and see Austin! The breakfast is also very simple, nothing to write home about. All in all, this was the right spot for my wedding and I do not regret it one bit. We almost eloped and, instead, gave in to family pressures to have the wedding. I am so glad we traveled in from New Orleans to have it here.

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Megan G

Had the time of our lives the week of our wedding. Vintage Villas was the PERFECT venue, having everyone on staying so close was wonderful. The service was impeccable and I couldn't have been happier. Jenna and the entire team did a wonderful job!

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Val P

The venue is absolutely amazing. Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. The view, the layout, the food...everything was outstanding.

Reviewed on 3/21/2016 Lauren E

My husband and I cannot say enough about how much we loved having our wedding at Vintage Villas!! We are THRILLED with our decision to get married there. First of all, the entire place is GORGEOUS. The views are amazing, so our outdoor wedding was unbelievably beautiful. Our... Read More guests (who were mostly from out of town) raved about how pretty Austin is and I was asked multiple times if Vintage Villas is where everyone in Austin tries to have their weddings. The interior rooms are beautiful, too, so our reception was as lovely as the ceremony! The staff is also completely incredible. They answered SO many questions, were very accommodating, and helped us through the entire process. Jenna, our day of coordinator, made sure everything went smoothly. We didn't have to worry or stress about anything! I'm not kidding- the entire day was perfect. And my husband and I honestly had very little to do with that! We were able to relax and enjoy the whole day because everything was taken care of for us. Jenna went above and beyond through the whole process, but especially on our wedding day- she even bustled my dress before the dancing started! The food and drinks were amazing- our guests made sure to tell us how much they enjoyed dinner. And we blocked off an entire villa since our friends and family were coming from out of town, which meant that we got a free honeymoon suite! The staff also provided us with leftover dinner, cake, and a complimentary bottle of champagne. It was so fun to have everyone in the villa together- it made the entire weekend a celebration and made us feel like we were having a destination wedding. Again, I cannot praise Vintage Villas enough. We feel like we chose the BEST venue in Austin and would not change a single thing about our wedding day! It was perfect! I would recommend Vintage Villas for anyone getting married in the Austin area!

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Jennifer G

Vintage Villas was the perfect place to have our wedding. My husband and I visited a few places in the Lake Travis area and Vintage Villas was by far the most beautiful place. Vintage Villas met all my expectations of a "perfect wedding." The venue includes an outside ceremony... Read More and inside reception, walking distance hotel for wedding guests, delicious food, open bar, tables, chairs, linens and etc. The day of our wedding, the weather was perfect, the food was delicious and the VV staff was so helpful. All our guests raved about how beautiful our wedding was. I highly recommend Vintage Villas! Jennifer Martinez Wedding: February 27th, 2016

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Ashley E

I just got married at Vintage Villas this past Sunday and it was the stuff dreams are made of. We were worried about the rain, but it cleared up and we were able to have it outside. The views were breathtaking. The food was some of the best I've ever had. All the guests raved... Read More about the venue, the view, the food, the everything. Our wedding coordinator Jenna made sure everything ran smoothly and I definitely feel like we got more than we paid for. I am extremely happy with our decision to go with Vintage Villas, and can't wait to see all the gorgeous pictures.

Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Ashley E

Reviewed on 9/26/2015 Yazmeen J

We absolutely loved our wedding at Vintage Villas! Not only was the location perfect but so was the staff and management team! Our contact was Amy Minor and she was absolutely amazing and wonderful and fulfill all of our wish list! Everything went absolutely amazing and the... Read More staff did a fantastic job throughout the night - we only wished it lasted longer!

Reviewed on 9/20/2015

I originally found Vintage Villas by googling "all-inclusive wedding venue" and that is what I found. As a bride who wanted as little stress as possible, I can not speak to how wonderful it was to have the food, alcohol, ceremony, reception and accommodations all in one place.... Read More After checking out some other venues and seeing the prices to add all of those things on through a third party, it only made sense to go with Vintage Villas. Competitively priced and the bride really only has to deal with ONE PERSON?? Sign me up! The beautiful venue had a very helpful staff, including the catering aspect, they were great during the tastings and the night of! Amy was our coordinator and she made everything so easy, from the rehearsal to the big day, she was there making sure everything was on cue. They also have a lot of nice little touches that I never would have though of. When we led the processional out, Amy was there waiting for us with 2 glasses of champagne and helped us off to have a little quiet time together before the pictures and party. At the end of the evening, they have a bottle of champagne and food to go ready for us in our room in case we weren't able to eat during the reception. (Which wasn't the case bc they served us during the buffet line to make sure we got some of our wedding food!) Our wedding was beautiful and the reception was so fun, I would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/08/2015 Melanie D

I highly recommend this venue for the ceremony and reception! It is very convenient to have the reception at the same location. I had so many guests comment on how beautiful the setting was. We got married in July and the grass and other plants were so green!

Bang for your Buck

Reviewed on 6/02/2015 Whitney F

After tirelessly searching for an affordable venue that also had onsite catering and drinks with a nice ambiance we found ourselves at Vintage Villas. The lake views were stunning and the inside facilities were the perfect size for our 120-150 potential guest count. The layout... Read More worked nicely as guest went seamlessly from the ceremony space into cocktail hour, and then into the adjoining room for dinner. Jenna our onsite wedding planner made sure each vendor was well informed and helped ensure the evening went smoothly. The site even gave us a free suite the night of the wedding. The food was shockingly delicious especially for a buffet meal. My only constructive criticism would be that an update in their decor is needed and the alcohol quality could have been slightly better. Overall a fabulous wedding spot!

Reviewed on 5/20/2015 Melissa J

We had a brunch wedding at Vintage Villas, and it would be hard to find a more stunning photo backdrop than the morning sun shining on the green, floral grounds and very blue lake. To say nothing of the overwhelming joy that flows through you--or me, anyway--when standing in... Read More that arbor on the hill, exchanging vows in those gorgeous surroundings! It is beautiful. It is affordable - I had a small daytime wedding, but it looked and felt like a million bucks. I searched everywhere for a venue and could find nothing in my budget even close to what was included at VV. Food, drink, set-up, clean-up, staff - boom. Done. They are professionals who get things done right and that was a huge weight off my shoulders. Our guests went on and on about the food. It was amazing! Everything I read said to expect at least one thing to go wrong on my wedding day - nothing went wrong. It was exactly as I'd dreamed of, planned for and pictured. I wouldn't change a thing, and I very highly recommend this venue.

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Amanda M

We heard about Vintage Villas through a few friends of ours who have been married in the last 6 years and each one had raving reviews so inevitably it was the first venue we checked out in person. All I can say is WOW. This place really does go above and beyond in expectations.... Read More We had to pay for our own wedding all by ourselves and for two under-30's even with great jobs it isn't easy! They were incredibly accommodating and affordable, giving us the best quality options and offering payment plans to help. Our onsite wedding coordinator Amy was the friendliest and most organized person which is great for the OCD me who really wanted everything to be in place so I wouldn't have to worry about it the day of. I can't speak enough to how helpful, wonderful, and BEAUTIFUL this venue is. Every person we talked to at the wedding raved about how gorgeous it was. We had a sunset wedding in May and we can't say enough how much we recommend you use Vintage Villas if you want an unforgettable, great experience on your perfect day!!!!