Memorable Weddings

There is no one event more important or precious in life than a wedding. Our talented staff can help you organize, plan, and most importantly, enjoy your wedding day! We strive to go one step beyond the traditional catering company by meticulously handling the slightest details.

Cuisine

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Mexican, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

3 Union Street, Ipswich, MA (978) 356-3273

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Caroline R

ABSOLUTE PERFECTION! Vinwood was recommended through our venue and I'm so glad we went with them. Stephanie was fantastic to work with, so professional and made planning so easy. She went above and beyond and helped with our rehearsal and decorations. The appetizers got rave... Read More reviews from our guests and we are still dreaming about each of them. Guests also mentioned how wonderful Vinwood was at making sure everyone had a drink and an app in their hand during our cocktail hour! We chose to do a plated salad with a buffet so everyone could experience as much of the food as they wanted! We were very happy with this choice. The food is indescribably delicious-- steak tips, crusted chicken, and squash ravioli were our main choices. But honestly, you can't go wrong. VINWOOD IS THE BEST!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Jamie F

I used Vinwood for my July 2017 wedding that was outside in a tent. Ashley was my point of contact and she was SO knowledgeable, helpful, and responsive. The food at both cocktail hour and dinner was delicious. They have a great variety of appetizers and meals to choose from and... Read More everything tasted great. The dinner was plated and felt formal even in an outdoor, tented setting, which I loved. I was very impressed especially considering they cooked everything at the outdoor venue. Vinwood is a great choice.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Sarah A

We chose Vinwood to cater our daughters wedding a week ago saturday. The food was incredibly delicious, and plentiful. The favorites were definitely the grill cheese and tomato soup sliders and the scallop in bacon as far as appetizers. We also did the raw bar, a huge crowd... Read More pleaser. They had staff with little baskets collecting your trash, so no balancing acts, nice touch. Shawn and Cat were the event coordinators, checking in regularly, They couldn't have been nicer or more professional The food was served hot, and beautifully displayed. People were raving about how delicious everything was. Flawless, we didn't have to worry about a single thing. Thank you Vinwood, you were the best!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Amy L

They were so professional! Took the time to go over everything with us, they responded to every email and phone call in a timely manner! Everyone there really loves their job and it shows! The food was out of this world and it was displayed in such a beautiful set up! Everyone... Read More is still raving about the food almost a month later, we chose the Buffett style menu and they give you so much food and so many different choices! If you choose Vinwood for your wedding you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Alana S

Vinwood is phenomenal!!! They catered our wedding at Groveland Fairways, and we could not be happier with how the food turned out! Stephanie was so helpful and supportive from day 1. I have multiple food allergies and Vinwood did not skip a beat making sure everything was safe... Read More for me to eat, generating a variety of appetizer choices that were me friendly, and making sure everyone who was handling food knew exactly what I would be eating and what I was allergic to. I had a waitress, Amanda, assigned to me all night. She had the tray of appetizers I could eat and kept them separate from other food. Lead waiter, Tom, was wonderful making sure everything was organized and food service was seamless. We can not say enough great things about Vinwood!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Amy P

AMAZING. We had our wedding at Turner Hill Mansion and they use Vinwood. It was delicious, the staff was awesome, and everybody raved about it. Seriously so, so good. You can find all the rave reviews about the food on this page and elsewhere. The staff is as amazing as the... Read More food is delicious. ALL of them were professional and nice, but a special thanks to the dining room manager Kristin. She was the one who carried my train down the aisle to the ceremony start, and explained along the way everything that would happen afterwards. I honestly don't remember all the details of what she said — of course I was a bit preoccupied with the upcoming ceremony. But I remember thinking, "Okay, they've definitely got this handled." She made sure we had time to eat during the reception (they're not kidding when they say it goes SO fast) and basically kept the flow of everything and was super organized. Oh, and did I mention the food was incredible? I'm still dreaming about the butternut squash raviolis!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Cassie M

Vinwood caterers is AMAZING. Their food is fantastic and they are phenomenal to work with. We worked with them through Crusieport Gloucester, and are so glad we did. They listened to our very specific dietary needs - including a completely nut-free wedding request. Everything... Read More they make is delicious and unparalleled. We had a plethora of guests coming up to us telling us it was the best wedding food they had ever had!! I cannot recommend Vinwood Caterers enough!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kim S

We loved working with Vinwood for our wedding. Stephanie, in particular, was a huge help in the months leading up to the wedding weekend. We decided to have her on hand for the wedding day itself, which was a great decision- she made sure everything went smoothly, from the... Read More catering set up to decoration placement to bus drop offs. Also, the food was delicious! We couldn’t be more happy with Vinwood and would recommend them to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Jill S

If there was one thing at the top of our list, in terms of wedding priorities, it was the food! And there was only one place we ever considered for our catering: Vinwood. We have family and friends who have been to many Vinwood catered events on the North Shore over the years... Read More and we had only heard good things, so we knew they wouldn't disappoint. The food and staff were simply amazing. All night during our wedding we kept hearing how good the food was! Vinwood provided a great variety and accommodated all of the dietary restrictions and preferences at our wedding - including vegan, gluten free, and other food allergies. They were seamless in working with the coordinator of our venue, and were able to provide so much information during the planning process. They really made it easy for us - besides, of course, having to choose between their many fantastic options for food! Some of our favorites were the mini grilled cheese passed hors d'oeuvres and the late night snack of mini ice cream cones! Our only regret is not telling someone from Vinwood in advance to leave two of each appetizer on our sweetheart table. The only appetizers we got to try at the wedding itself - or even see! - were the mini grilled cheeses that my bridal party snagged for us and left on our table. All in all, Vinwood did a fantastic, professional job of catering our wedding with delicious food that all of our guests immensely enjoyed. They made working with them easy and stress-free!

Reviewed on 9/17/2017 Taylor H

We had a great experience working with Vinwood at The Hellenic Center. We worked with Ashley throughout the planning process and found her to be very helpful, organized, and honest. At the wedding we had 10 passed appetizers that guests raved about, a ravioli bar, a carving... Read More station, and a fish station. Even though we were running around and didn’t get to eat much, our guests said that everything was excellent and people are still talking about it weeks after the fact. The food displays were also very attractively decorated beyond our expectations. Vinwood also did a great job making sure that the logistics of the evening went flawlessly - everything from arranging the ceremony chairs to moving flowers inside so they could be repurposed to packing up the cars at the end of the night. One thing to be aware of is that Vinwood doesn’t allow for a lot of flexibility for their tastings. All tastings are group tastings with a set menu and require a per-person fee. They also do push you to book before you’ve had a tasting. Overall, we were so happy we booked with Vinwood and highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/10/2017 Julianne F

We hired Vinwood as our caterer for our wedding in July 2017 at the Hellenic Center. Ashley was phenomenal every step of the process and coordinating. The food was phenomenal... everyone commented all night and for days afterwards!

Reviewed on 9/09/2017 Katie E

Everyone has been raving about how amazing the food was at our wedding!!! They did a fantastic job!! They made sure everyone was taken care of and had plenty to eat!! Ashley was so great to work with the entire process! They even fixed a behind the scenes cupcake catastrophe... Read More that I was completely unaware of until after the fact!! They definitely went way above and beyond!!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 DaLiza C

I am very dissapointed as I have reached out a few times over the past 8 months to gain a quote for catering at my weeding and have not been contacted back at all. I am an event planner myself and professionally I feel it's a little dangerous to ignore inquiries!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017

Outstanding food and staff! We had an excellent Wedding catered by Vinwood on 7/29/2017 at Turner Hill. Many of my guests told me how much they loved the food at cocktail hour and dinner. I would highly recommend Vinwood

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Rachel S

I can't even begin to say enough good things about Vinwood. From the preparation starting 2 years in advance to our wedding day, everything was absolutely PERFECT! Both the office staff and the event staff were a pleasure to work with, checking in with us periodically and... Read More meeting with us multiple times before our wedding to ensure everything was exactly what we wanted! I was a little skeptical about picking our menu without tasting the food but you cannot go wrong with Vinwood. Everything was superb. I have had so many guests tell me that this was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! It's been over a month and people are still raving. We filled the Smith Barn at Brooksby Farm to capacity and the staff did a flawless job of serving all of our guests in a timely and professional manner. Would absolutely recommend!!!!

Reviewed on 6/23/2017 Sarah H

There is a reason they have 7 years of The Knot awards. They are amazing to work with and the food was amazing. I mean it we had a cocktail style reception and never have I received more compliments about how good the food was no matter the dietary preference. They were able... Read More to do everything we asked of them from food allergies to tying a sweet sage colored bow around our cake knife they truly thought of everything. We asked them to pack up the leftover food and they even delivered it to our after party because of course we forgot to take it with us!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Makayla H

The food and service was wonderful we received complements from everyone on the food from appetizers to desserts everything was delicious! Thank you vinwood!

Reviewed on 1/29/2017 Vanessa R

Vinwood catered our recent wedding at Groveland Fairways and guests could not stop talking about how great the food and its presentation were! From the passed and stationary hors d'oeuvres, to the main course, to the desserts everything was absolutely delicious. We went with the... Read More panko crusted chicken and beef tenderloin for the main dishes and guests thought the chicken was cooked perfect and was so flavorful and that the tenderloin was so tender. Guests were pleasantly surprised with the passed chocolate covered fruit and the ice cream bar was such a hit! Throughout the planning process, Vinwood was able to provide recommendations based on our tastes and was so responsive in any question that we had. My now husband has a severe nut and shellfish allergy, but Vinwood was able to accommodate (same at our tasting!) and ensured they would have a nut and shellfish free kitchen – we were put at ease and did not have to worry about a thing! During the winter, Vinwood also offers a great discount on the food. If you are looking for a professional, delicious and affordable caterer, look no further than Vinwood!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Adrianna A

I chose Vinwood Catering as the caterer for my wedding at Groveland Fairways in October. I worked with Kayla Collins and I could not say enough nice things about her and Vinwood. The food was absolutely fantastic and the presentation was perfect. Kayla and her team did an... Read More outstanding job!

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 KAITLYN A

FLAWLESS! I just used Vinwood for my wedding this past weekend. From the food, to the setup, and the amazing service -it was perfect. Not only was their food delicious but their service was impeccable. Guests were raving about how delicious the food was. The highlights were the... Read More tomato soup with mini grilled cheese, lobster mac&cheese balls, and their smores bar. The Filet migon was cooked to perfection and every bite was just as good as the previous bite. I highly recommend them! They made everything perfect!!!!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016

Vinwood Catering was amazing and we are so thankful that we chose them! My daughter wanted a cozy, warm, comfortable wedding at the Smith Barn. She elected to have a buffet which worked out so well! Being the end of October we served the Braised Short Ribs and the Turkey with... Read More Smashed Potatoes and the Roasted Veggies. Everything was amazing. the tomato bisque shooters, stuffed mushrooms, mac n' cheese bites, beef wellington and scallops wrapped in bacon were all huge hits. The buffet actually kept the momentum and excitement of the wedding going and we didn't have the lag time that a sit down dinner sometimes can have. Shawn our day of coordinator was precise, detail oriented and know exactly what to do and when we should do it. She was terrific to work with as was Jessica the sales coordinator. We had sliders and onion rings for the late night snack and everyone loved them. I truly cannot think of anything we would have changed and our guests are still raving about my daughters wedding. Thank you Vinwood for being so amazing!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Amanda K

We were married at Groveland Fairways and were given a choice of caterers to choose from. Having attended many weddings, one of the biggest priorities for me was making sure the food at our wedding was top notch and that our guests were fed and happy. I am so happy we chose to... Read More work with Vinwood Caterers! They were affordable, accommodating, and the food was out of this world! It is over a month later and guests are STILL talking about how delicious the food was! I was so happy with the service during cocktail hour and the reception--the food was flowing and there were no long delays during the meals. The food quality was perfection--I can't believe they were able to server over 160 and still have food that was warm, delicious, and extremely high quality. They exceeded my expectations, and I am still dreaming about the grilled cheese with tomato soup appetizers! ;-) Thank you Vinwood!!

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Marla D

Amazing! We hired Vinwood to cater our wedding at the Hellenic Center in Ipswich this past October. From the initial meeting to the final phone call and day of service, I cannot say enough about Vinwood. Our contact person Ashely was fantastic. She was on the ball and very... Read More organized. She was responsive and flexible, and willing to go above and beyond to ensure our special day went as smoothly as possible. The day of service was outstanding. We did stations and our guests could not stop talking about how delicious the food was and how beautifully Vinwood had presented the food. We also attended a tasting a year before the wedding which was fun and informative! Overall, Vinwood provides an outstanding service with excellent food and I would recommend them to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Jennifer C

Vinwood was one of the catering options provided by our venue, the Hellenic Center, in Ipswich, MA. My husband and I were very happy with our choice - the food was delicious and the prices reasonable. Our guests commented that the appetizers never stopped coming for the entire... Read More cocktail hour! Ashley, the catering sales manager we worked with, was extremely pleasant and helpful during the planning process. We especially appreciated her flexibility when we were trying to work around some food allergies and picky eaters on our guest list. On the day of our wedding, the Vinwood staff was very attentive, making sure my husband and I had everything we needed without being intrusive. We highly recommend!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Allison K

We are so thankful we had Vinwood cater our wedding at The Mansion at Turner Hill. We had them do a station menu, and got all kinds of compliments on the wonderful salads, pastas, sides, and meats they served. People loved that they were preparing the food at the stations, so it... Read More did not feel like a typical buffet. Kristin was our dining room manager and was outstanding. She seemed to always be right there when I needed her, but I barely noticed her or the staff otherwise -- I don't know how she did it! I will say that the tasting event we attended wasn't particularly helpful, since it was more about showcasing their great food to people still deciding between vendors, not so much geared towards people who already selected Vinwood and were actually trying to put together a menu. I think we could have skipped that event and saved the money. Vinwood was totally amenable to all of the requests we had to make small changes to existing dishes as well as to add completely new dishes -- we requested that they serve a squash dish for our fall wedding, and what they came up with was my absolute favorite thing on my plate that night! I wholeheartedly recommend working with Vinwood, as they were complete professionals and excellent chefs and servers!