Modern photography inspired by art

WASIO's work has been strongly influenced by European art Most importantly though, we have an absolute love for people in love that we express through our work. The foundation is the personal and fun relationship with every couple mixed with our creativity and photographic excellence.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

212 N Sangamon , Chicago, IL (708) 268-5725

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 jen b

Completely amazing I cannot wait to get my photos back!! So easy to work with this dream team

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Meaghan G

Completely amazing by my wedding photos. I was lucky enough to have found Wasio photography by accident however it turned into a wonderful blessing. Sasha and Yanek did everything and more to make this important element in my wedding more than I could have ever dreamed. They... Read More payed close attention to all of my request and detail to beautiful and artistic photos. I would recommend them over and over again to anyone who wants photos beyond beauty and detail for their one special day!!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Ingrid T

INCREDIBLY TALENTED - Where to begin... picking a wedding photographer is truly one of the most important decisions you make in the wedding process. You have to consider a lot of things, professionalism, good energy, has the artist within to capture those perfect shots and... Read More QUICKLY. There are so many moments that happen and happen fast so you need them captured in their authentic moment and Magda and Marcin truly did just that. They don't just quickly capture a moment in time but they do so while telling a story and making sure everyone looks their best. I don't know how they did it, we have received so many compliments from family and friends on how amazing their work truly is. I cannot begin to recommend them enough. If you are on the fence on selecting WASIO, don't be! You will not regret it. I am so happy I chose them and I now forever have wedding pictures that truly tell a beautiful story. Side note, my now husband truly does not like pictures, he hates posing and being told to smile. The fact that WASIO could capture him and I looking amazing and in love and laughing is beyond me. They made it happen.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Chelsea M

The BEST photographers! Sasha and Yaneck did our engagement and wedding photos and they are incredible. They are so passionate about their work and take pride in taking beautiful photographs. I especially appreciate their guidance during our pictures to help us get our best... Read More angles. We've only had a preview so far of our wedding pictures, and I can already tell that they are going to be amazing. These two are so fun to work with and I would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Jerry W

Our wedding is gorgeously immortalized in a stunning collection of photos that captured every posing and candid moment. We are extremely satisfied with WASIO's expertise!

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Sophia K

From the start, Yaneck and Sasha have been amazing to work with. They are super fast with responding to emails and phone calls. The attention they pay to detail is amazing. Yaneck and Sasha took both our engagement and wedding photographs. We couldn't be happier with the way... Read More everything turned out. If you want an amazing experience and be in love with your images, WASIO is the way to go!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Corie T

It took me a while to find the perfect photographer to do boudoir photos with as a gift to my future hubby. I needed someone who made me feel comfortable, who had a classy studio, and who didn't break the bank. I was referred to Magdalena by my photographer after talking with so... Read More many boudoir photographers because they didn't check off all three of the things I was looking for. However, Magdalena ended up going above and beyond in each of those areas. Her studio is classy with exposed brick walls, natural light, and elegant furniture. She gets to know you while you get ready, I did my makeup trial there before the shoot and she even gave me a glass of wine! She gave me gentle direction during the shoot and many compliments, I mean what girl doesn't like compliments? And she offered various albums, prints, and other packages with the photos to help me find which one best fit my budget. Overall I would choose her again and again and recommend her to any woman looking to get boudoir photos and even make a new friend. She's a lovely person inside and out! Highly recommend Wasio Boudoir!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Alyssa M

My husband and I met with a few photographers and we just weren't impressed. My husband found WASIO and made an appointment. We met with Yaneck and immediately felt comfortable. We booked Yaneck and Sasha that same night. We loved our engagement pictures and loved our wedding... Read More photos. The quality of the images are so perfect!

Reviewed on 9/01/2017 Jill S

Just extraordinary! Sasha and Yaneck go above and beyond your expectations in every way. They are quick to respond, thorough in answering your questions and very organized. They have an eye for creative and beautiful settings and photographs. They know what makes you look good.... Read More Super personable, funny and great to work with. They're work is astonishing. We can't stop looking at our wedding pictures! I highly recommend WASIO. Guaranteed you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017

What an incredible experience! I chose Magdalena of Wasio for two reasons. One, I've worked with her before for my engagement and wedding photography, and two, for her incredible prospective when it comes to boudoir photography! I was nervous at first but Magdalena was very... Read More reassuring and made me feel extremely comfortable. She offered many suggestions on outfits and ideas, and worked with what I had in mind as well. Throughout the session Magdalena would show me a few glimpses of photos on her camera as encouragement. She has a great eye that could make a woman of any shape or size feel beautiful. I chose to do mine as a surprise gift to my husband for our 5 year wedding anniversary and a gift to myself for my 30th birthday. This was a very rewarding experience and I definitely recommend Magdalena. Every woman should do this at least once, even if it is just for yourself!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Brittany S

Magdalena did my Wasio Boudoir photo shoot and she made the whole process easy, comfortable, and enjoyable. As someone who is on the shy and conservative side I wasn't sure how a boudoir sesh for my husband-to-be would work for me but I had a blast and can't stop looking at my... Read More photos; they turned out very classy, elegant, and sexy. Not showing anyone the finished product is by far the hardest part of my wedding planning. Working with Magdalena makes me wish I found her sooner so she could photograph our wedding. She is very skilled and is great at giving direction. I would highly recommend a boudoir photo shoot with Magdalena if not for your future spouses but for yourself.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Laura G

Finding the right wedding photographer is something that can be a stressful process. However, that absolutely was not the case with WASIO. They absolutely made the process enjoyable with their friendly demeanor, flexibility, artistic creativity and level of professionalism... Read More throughout the event. Yaneck and Sasha not only captured every precious moment, they were able to enhance it with pictures that were truly amazing. I would be hard-pressed to find another photography team that I would feel as comfortable and safe capturing all the precious moments that occur during a wedding than our WASIO photography team. Thank you so much for all of your efforts and hard work in delivering such a wonderful product.

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Jenna B

Talented, artistic, professional, responsive, FUN! These are just a few ways we would describe Marcin and Magdalena at Wasio. We absolutely loved working with these two and are so grateful that they were the photographers we chose to capture our wedding last September! Marcin... Read More and Magdalena were extremely welcoming and friendly. From the very start we felt comfortable with these two. They seemed genuinely interested in us and in our day. We are not professional models by any means (all though sometimes M&M made us feel like it :)) so it was very important to us that we could trust and feel at ease around our photographers. These two, with their witty husband and wife banter and fun personalities, make for such a comfortable, happy environment on such an exciting day! It was really nice having an engagement session as part of our package. Not all photographers that we researched included this (nor did they include an album in their packages like Wasio does!). The two gave great direction on how to “pose,” but still look natural. Like I said, not models here :), so we really needed this. And on the wedding day, we never felt like we were interrupted or missed out on moments for pictures. M&M captured amazing candid shots, which was something that was really important to us. They truly went above and beyond. In addition to our wedding package, they created beautiful blogs for both our engagement session as well as our wedding. These meant so much to us! So many friends and family would ask to see our wedding pictures and these were great ways to show them the highlights of the day. We also really appreciated how responsive and accommodating Marcin was. He always responded to emails promptly and was very helpful with one off questions/requests we had. Now the most important reason why we’d recommend Wasio – our wedding pictures are absolutely stunning! Best way we can describe them is sophisticated, artistic and gorgeous. It is like they came right out of a magazine! Between the candid shots capturing how we felt the moment of our first look, the beautiful images of us complimented by the architecture of the city and the expressions they caught on our dancing guests’ faces – Marcin and Magdalena truly nailed it! Marcin and Magdalena captured our day and our memories perfectly through their pictures! We would definitely recommend these two to anyone looking to hire a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Rubina P

WASIO photographed our wedding back in August and the pictures turned out amazing!! We worked with Marcin and Magda. They made us feel so comfortable right from the beginning and they were so easy to work with. They photographed our engagement pictures as well which also turned... Read More out amazing! They are extremely talented and the nicest people! So happy I chose WASIO to photograph the most important day of my life. The memories will fade but these photographs will last a lifetime. Their talent and attention to detail really shows through the images they capture. You will not find this kind of quality work anywhere else, trust me! Thank you so much Marcin & Magda! You guys are the best!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 MB V

Yaneck and Sasha were amazing from the time of our first meeting (prior to selecting them to shoot our wedding) to current! Our photos turned out better than I could have ever expected! Also, during the wedding, they were so stealthy! I didn't even notice them at the ceremony... Read More yet they captured it perfectly! Highly recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rameil A

I will never let any of my friends use anyone else! From the engagement session, through the wedding, through the photo review session, Wasio proved they were the best of the best! I am 100% happy with their service. Love Wasio!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

Yaneck and Sasha are a remarkable team and truly talented professionals. We are absolutely thrilled with the quality of their work and would highly recommend them to others. We appreciated their humor and efficiency throughout wedding day. I am very hesitant to write reviews and... Read More would not offer a 5 star review lightly. Photography is certainly an investment. If the pricing scheme is within your budget, I highly encourage you to consider this company for your photography needs. Check out the online wasio blog for samples of their work and make an appointment to meet the team in person. Thanks Sasha and Yaneck!

2016-10-10T14:42:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Swetha so much! It was such a true pleasure to photography your colorful and fun wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Diana Y

Wonderful and professional people My fiancé and I are leaving for China so we decided to take photos here in Chicago, where we met and fell in love. My fiancé himself is an amateur photographer and he is very picky about choosing the right studio. We browsed through almost all... Read More Chicago-based photographers' websites and were attracted by WASIO's classic art style. After our first conversation we found Yaneck is a humorous and passionate guy, and we believe it is a key to a pleasant experience. We decided to entrust them our engagement session and also a pre wedding session, and they both turned out great! We totally enjoyed working with Yaneck and Sasha, they are not only easygoing but also professional. If we'll ever come back to USA again, we hope they will shoot for our anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Komal S

Where do I begin to describe my experience with WASIO photography. Let me tell you, Sasha and Yaneck are so cute together and we had so much fun shooting with them. I got the photoshoot reserved online in San Diego and had never met these two. And when we met it was a good... Read More experience. We were running late with some car trouble. But they were very supportive. When we met them and said sorry about our difficulty to be on time. They said they just used that time to get some coffee. They gave enough time and good interest in our photoshoot. They showed some of the amazing pics on the view finder. They also suggested some pose and brought some surreal effect on the pics. They made the pictures looked like otherworldly with the nice background. We are looking forward to use their service again. And we highly recommend anyone who is looking for good experience and excellent photoshoot.

2016-10-07T19:51:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Komal! It was a true pleasure to photograph you both in San Diego! We look forward to create more memories for you and Nehal!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Cindy R

We love Wasio! We had the pleasure of having Marcin and Magda, who make you feel welcome from the first meeting you have with them. They are very professional, but keep it fun! The pictures are beautiful and we are very happy with everything they have done for us.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Dimphy S

We were looking for a quality photographer for our wedding and found it with Wasio. Marcin and Magda were wonderful to work with, making sure every shot was perfect and timeless. They combine talent, technique, and good direction that gets results. On the job, their assertive... Read More instructions make taking really good pictures seem easy. We are so impressed and happy with our photos and so are our friends and family.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Allie D

Wasio Photography is hands down the best all around! We absolutely loved working with Yaneck & Sasha for our wedding! Not only are our pictures incredible, but they were amazing on the day of our wedding. Their personalities are great, so they kept us laughing throughout the day... Read More and put us at ease during staged photos. We’ve received so many compliments from our guests on our Wasio Photography and each one of them is completely accurate. Sasha & Yaneck are your wedding dream team and we’re so happy they were a part of our day. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures and the lifetime memories! We cannot stop looking at our pictures!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 John F

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, you can stop looking! Marcin and Magdalena of WASIO photography did an AMAZING job capturing our special day. Not only were the photos beautiful, but the entire experience from start to finish was a blast. To start, Marcin and... Read More Magdalena invited us to their studio and really made us feel comfortable with the entire process. Their was no "sales pitch" but more of an informal chat about what we were looking for and how they could help. On the day of, they allowed us to enjoy our day while capturing all the hidden moments that we now look back on and cherish. They exhibited the perfect blend of being professional in their work and having a laid back, comforting demeanor. We were blown away when we received our final photos. They are absolutely amazing... Just like the photographers.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our engagement photo session with Yaneck & Sasha and were extremely happy with the results! Yaneck & Sasha were professional and responsive throughout the booking/planning process. On the day of, they made us feel extremely comfortable and showed a... Read More dedication to making sure they got the best shots possible. They were fun, engaging and consistently went out of their way for us - including making time to continue our session the following day when logistical issues prevented us from shooting at one of our desired locations. Lastly, the photos turned out great - extremely high quality and we were so impressed with what they were able to capture. They also had a quick turnaround time and made it easy for us to access the photos. I highly recommend WASIO for any occasion. Thanks again, Yaneck & Sasha!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Christy P

I am someone who loves pictures and wanted nothing but the best for my engagement and wedding photos. WASIO photography was the best, and I am extremely happy to have worked with them for my special day. What initially drew me in to choose them over other photographers was the... Read More talent and quality of their work. The signature edit on the photos was definitely worth it and made our pictures really look amazing and artistic. They were able to reflect what was important to us and our families in our photos and capture our personalities because they actually took the time to get to know us; they were personable and really made us feel like they were our lifelong friends. At our engagement photos Yanek and Sasha took the time to pose us well and make our pictures so beautiful, elegant, and dramatic despite the unexpected downpour outside. I also had the pleasure of working with Marcin and Magda on our wedding day, who were just as talented and friendly! Unfortunately, Yanek had broken his rib a few days before the wedding and wasn’t able to make it, but Sasha made sure that all of our requests were met and that another photographer, Vito, was also on site for the day. The team jumped right in and knew exactly how to pose me and what we wanted. Everything not only went according to plan, but my pictures turned out so beautiful that I am still admiring at them on a daily basis. They truly captured the happiness and love that I felt that day. I would highly recommend working with WASIO photography because of the genius talent in photography and for their personability. Furthermore, they are very easy to reach and were always quick to respond whenever I contacted them with a question.

Marcin & Magdalena Iskra

From two sides of the same camera lens, they bonded through the love of photography. Magda, a poised aspiring model, and Marcin, a graduate architect with a keen eye for beauty, their paths crossed in 2006 when they met as strangers in Las Vegas and returned as destined soul mates. Following their wedding a year later, they embarked on a journey to share their passion for art, design, and photography with other couples in love. Bringing a new perspective, technical mastery, and modeling experience, they strive to provide top quality photos that capture the most important and intimate moments a