Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

3318 West Wilson Avenue, Chicago, IL

LOVE Wasio Photography - a great experience all around

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Lynn R

WASIO photographed my wedding this June in Chicago - they are amazing and could not have done a better job. A lot of my friends have already gotten married - so I took recommendations from them for all of my vendors - except my photographers. I read about WASIO on the knot and... Read More after meeting them in person, I knew they were exactly what I wanted for my wedding. Their pictures were absolutely beautiful and I loved the way that they were able to capture special moments from a couples wedding day. They were extremely flexible and even trekked downtown to our rehearsal dinner for an hour to get some group shots. The one thing that I did not appreciate when I hired WASIO is how important it is to be able to feel comfortable with your photographers and to be able to have fun with them. When you think about it, they spend more time with you on your wedding day than anyone else and are there for all your special moments!! Yaneck and Sasha are so easy to get along with and I have to say - the least stressful of all my wedding vendors. Sasha even entertained the flower girl while I was taking my pictures!! I cannot say enough good things about these guys - the pictures turned out amazing and I know I will be looking at them forever.

Wedding Day

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Tracy F

Yaneck is an amazing photographer and a perfect professional at every session both for our engagement photos and our wedding day! His pictures are beautiful and truely captured all our special moments. He was polite and helpful to us and our family and so easy to work with. His... Read More suggestions for the best pictures, lighting, and backgrounds are always spot on. He also has a wonderful team to assist him. The most important part is that he was almost invisible, he never intruded on our wedding day, but carefully captured everyone enjoying themselves. I will continue to use Wasio Photography for all my photography needs in the future.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 MB V

Yaneck and Sasha were amazing from the time of our first meeting (prior to selecting them to shoot our wedding) to current! Our photos turned out better than I could have ever expected! Also, during the wedding, they were so stealthy! I didn't even notice them at the ceremony... Read More yet they captured it perfectly! Highly recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rameil A

I will never let any of my friends use anyone else! From the engagement session, through the wedding, through the photo review session, Wasio proved they were the best of the best! I am 100% happy with their service. Love Wasio!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

Yaneck and Sasha are a remarkable team and truly talented professionals. We are absolutely thrilled with the quality of their work and would highly recommend them to others. We appreciated their humor and efficiency throughout wedding day. I am very hesitant to write reviews and... Read More would not offer a 5 star review lightly. Photography is certainly an investment. If the pricing scheme is within your budget, I highly encourage you to consider this company for your photography needs. Check out the online wasio blog for samples of their work and make an appointment to meet the team in person. Thanks Sasha and Yaneck!

2016-10-10T14:42:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Swetha so much! It was such a true pleasure to photography your colorful and fun wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Diana Y

Wonderful and professional people My fiancé and I are leaving for China so we decided to take photos here in Chicago, where we met and fell in love. My fiancé himself is an amateur photographer and he is very picky about choosing the right studio. We browsed through almost all... Read More Chicago-based photographers' websites and were attracted by WASIO's classic art style. After our first conversation we found Yaneck is a humorous and passionate guy, and we believe it is a key to a pleasant experience. We decided to entrust them our engagement session and also a pre wedding session, and they both turned out great! We totally enjoyed working with Yaneck and Sasha, they are not only easygoing but also professional. If we'll ever come back to USA again, we hope they will shoot for our anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Komal S

Where do I begin to describe my experience with WASIO photography. Let me tell you, Sasha and Yaneck are so cute together and we had so much fun shooting with them. I got the photoshoot reserved online in San Diego and had never met these two. And when we met it was a good... Read More experience. We were running late with some car trouble. But they were very supportive. When we met them and said sorry about our difficulty to be on time. They said they just used that time to get some coffee. They gave enough time and good interest in our photoshoot. They showed some of the amazing pics on the view finder. They also suggested some pose and brought some surreal effect on the pics. They made the pictures looked like otherworldly with the nice background. We are looking forward to use their service again. And we highly recommend anyone who is looking for good experience and excellent photoshoot.

2016-10-07T19:51:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Komal! It was a true pleasure to photograph you both in San Diego! We look forward to create more memories for you and Nehal!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Cindy R

We love Wasio! We had the pleasure of having Marcin and Magda, who make you feel welcome from the first meeting you have with them. They are very professional, but keep it fun! The pictures are beautiful and we are very happy with everything they have done for us.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Dimphy S

We were looking for a quality photographer for our wedding and found it with Wasio. Marcin and Magda were wonderful to work with, making sure every shot was perfect and timeless. They combine talent, technique, and good direction that gets results. On the job, their assertive... Read More instructions make taking really good pictures seem easy. We are so impressed and happy with our photos and so are our friends and family.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Allie D

Wasio Photography is hands down the best all around! We absolutely loved working with Yaneck & Sasha for our wedding! Not only are our pictures incredible, but they were amazing on the day of our wedding. Their personalities are great, so they kept us laughing throughout the day... Read More and put us at ease during staged photos. We’ve received so many compliments from our guests on our Wasio Photography and each one of them is completely accurate. Sasha & Yaneck are your wedding dream team and we’re so happy they were a part of our day. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures and the lifetime memories! We cannot stop looking at our pictures!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 John F

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, you can stop looking! Marcin and Magdalena of WASIO photography did an AMAZING job capturing our special day. Not only were the photos beautiful, but the entire experience from start to finish was a blast. To start, Marcin and... Read More Magdalena invited us to their studio and really made us feel comfortable with the entire process. Their was no "sales pitch" but more of an informal chat about what we were looking for and how they could help. On the day of, they allowed us to enjoy our day while capturing all the hidden moments that we now look back on and cherish. They exhibited the perfect blend of being professional in their work and having a laid back, comforting demeanor. We were blown away when we received our final photos. They are absolutely amazing... Just like the photographers.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our engagement photo session with Yaneck & Sasha and were extremely happy with the results! Yaneck & Sasha were professional and responsive throughout the booking/planning process. On the day of, they made us feel extremely comfortable and showed a... Read More dedication to making sure they got the best shots possible. They were fun, engaging and consistently went out of their way for us - including making time to continue our session the following day when logistical issues prevented us from shooting at one of our desired locations. Lastly, the photos turned out great - extremely high quality and we were so impressed with what they were able to capture. They also had a quick turnaround time and made it easy for us to access the photos. I highly recommend WASIO for any occasion. Thanks again, Yaneck & Sasha!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Christy P

I am someone who loves pictures and wanted nothing but the best for my engagement and wedding photos. WASIO photography was the best, and I am extremely happy to have worked with them for my special day. What initially drew me in to choose them over other photographers was the... Read More talent and quality of their work. The signature edit on the photos was definitely worth it and made our pictures really look amazing and artistic. They were able to reflect what was important to us and our families in our photos and capture our personalities because they actually took the time to get to know us; they were personable and really made us feel like they were our lifelong friends. At our engagement photos Yanek and Sasha took the time to pose us well and make our pictures so beautiful, elegant, and dramatic despite the unexpected downpour outside. I also had the pleasure of working with Marcin and Magda on our wedding day, who were just as talented and friendly! Unfortunately, Yanek had broken his rib a few days before the wedding and wasn’t able to make it, but Sasha made sure that all of our requests were met and that another photographer, Vito, was also on site for the day. The team jumped right in and knew exactly how to pose me and what we wanted. Everything not only went according to plan, but my pictures turned out so beautiful that I am still admiring at them on a daily basis. They truly captured the happiness and love that I felt that day. I would highly recommend working with WASIO photography because of the genius talent in photography and for their personability. Furthermore, they are very easy to reach and were always quick to respond whenever I contacted them with a question.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Christine B

Marcin and Magda were wonderful! They made us feel so comfortable and at ease. They worked efficiently to get a variety of wonderful shots. Their help with posing made our pictures look natural and effortless. Their non-invasive style allowed them to capture all the intimate... Read More moments without disturbing them.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Marcin and Magda are wonderful to work with. Most of us are not professional models so it certainly helped getting pointers on what to do. Our photos came out beautifully. I would highly recommend them to others looks for a wedding or any special occasion. Let's not forget, they... Read More both got soaking wet in the rain for us to get some great shots!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

We could not have been happier with Marcin and Magda. Posing for pictures can be somewhat of an awkward experience, but they went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and feeling confident about the pictures. During our engagement session, they stayed for extra... Read More time to make sure we got all the shots we wanted at different locations. They were very organized and had a great questionnaire to make sure we got all of the photos we wanted, while sticking to a tight timeline. The photographs we have received so far have looked amazing! We cannot wait to see the rest! We would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Ewa

Hundreds of years ago when photography was yet to be discovered, there was art. Not everyone could become an artist; it required a great deal of talent, skill and artistic sensibility. When searching for someone to work with on our engagement session, we were looking for an... Read More artist. There are many photographers out there but very few of them are true artists. Artists like Magda & Marcin from Wasio Photography. Magda & Marcin are photographers who paint stories of love, passion and commitment through the lenses of their cameras. They bring out what's best in you and make you fall in love with your partner over and over again. And they do it with so much grace, passion and energy!! They have an incredible ability to capture fleeting moments and precious emotions. And what's more important in an engagement or a wedding session? It is all about love. Magda and Marcin held it still for us so we can go back to it over and over again in our most beautiful memories. Thank you Magda & Marcin for the amazing engagement session!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 christina f

When Andrew and I started planning our wedding, the most important thing for us was photography. We had originally booked with another photographer, but realized that we wanted someone that would better match our style and would pay very close attention to detail. After... Read More searching 50+ Chicago photographers, we came across Wasio and without hesitation we contacted them and booked that day. Where do I start? From the engagement shoot up to our wedding day, Magda and Marcin treated us like movie stars. More than that, they treated us like they would treat their own families: with lots of care, perfecting each shot to make sure that we only got the best. This is absolutely what every bride and groom deserves during this process. As a bride on her wedding day, they made me feel so beautiful and confident. Moreover, they were able to capture very beautiful moments of me and my husband; the secret moments between a couple that can only been seen by someone who is really paying attention. Good photographers will bring that out in you and will capture those moments, which is why it is so important to go with top of the line photography like Wasio. Our big day is over, but we now have the most beautiful and precious photos to forever look at. Thank you Magda and Marcin for treating us like've left and imprint on our hearts. We look forward to hiring Wasio again in the future...for example...BABY PICTURES!!!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

We just got our wedding pictures! What can I say …. WOW! Prior to meeting Yaneck Wasiek and Sasha Wasiek my perception on taking professional pictures was not the best one. It was always a horribly boring waste of time, do what hundreds of people done before - basic copy and... Read More paste - just pick the picture you like and photoshop my faces there and lets be done :) . What a departure from the ordinary! This was actually fun, spontaneous, creative and the guys were able to capture true emotions and excitement of the day. I am thankful to WASIO Photography for being a huge part of our special day and capturing these special moments with such creativity and professionalism. Thank you for your creativity, taking chances (Planetarium cafeteria pictures) and getting wet. Thank you for making this extraordinary effort and turning a rainy day in to a brightly captured memory. THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015 Svetlana S

I can't even begin to explain how wonderful Sasha and Yaneck are! They were the photographers for our family portraits twice and we knew right away who we wanted our wedding photographers to be. We are so happy we made that decisions because Sasha and Yaneck did a wonderful job... Read More capturing our special day. They are so talented, creative and easy to work with. The pictures look so natural as they were able to capture the special moments without making everything look posed --truly stunning photos! We felt so fortunate to have had such a wonderful photographers capture one of the most important times of our lives. Sasha and Yaneck, we can’t tell you how much we love our pictures. They are truly breathtaking! Thank you so much for everything! We will forever cherish the photos and look back at them and reflect on our special day.

Fun & Professional

Reviewed on 4/27/2015 Amy B

Originally, my fiance and I didn't plan to take engagement pictures, but we're so glad we did! Marcin and Magda were great! They were extremely friendly and personable, which was very helpful for two individuals who are not used to being in front of the camera. They were... Read More great about helping us into a pose, getting us to relax, fixing flyaways, giving direction. They have a great eye for photo locations and getting the perfect shot. I'm so happy with the way the pictures turned out and will definitely use them again for professional photos in the future!

Reviewed on 3/10/2015 Carrie C

My husband and I got married this New Years Eve and I could not have imagined having anyone else photograph our day. Yaneck and Sasha were personable and fun while also remaining professional and delivering beautiful photographs. They listened to what we wanted while also being... Read More creative and bringing their own ideas to the table. Our photographs are absolutely stunning-- they are an incredible team! I would highly suggest doing an engagement session with Wasio prior to any wedding as well. It helped us get to know their style and their personalities, which made posing for pictures a lot easier on the big day. Plus it was fun :) Yaneck and Sasha made it easy for us to use those proofs for our save the date card as well as little details around the reception. I cannot speak more highly of Wasio. I highly recommend them to anyone who is looking for spectacular, creative, and fun photos. Thanks again, guys!!

Marcin and Magda are truly amazing!!! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Erika L

Marcin and Magda are fantastic! We have used Marcin and Magda for the past 4 years. Originally we received a family photo shoot with both of them as a gift. It is the gift that keeps on giving every year. They work great together as a team and both bring different... Read More attributes to the whole experience. They are engaging, happy and make the whole experience amazing. My kids now ask when they are going to get their “photo session” with them each year. My favorite part about the pictures is how natural they look. They truly have captured my children’s personalities in all of them. The hardest part of the whole session is narrowing it down to the best ones because they truly are all fantastic. It does not matter if you are a bride, a groom, a grandparent or a small child they truly capture each individual in every picture. If you are looking for a great photographer team no matter what your occasion is, you will never be disappointed with Marcin and Magda!

Happy Bride

Reviewed on 2/25/2015 Margaret G

After meeting with many photographers, we just knew WASIO would be the right pick for our wedding day. They were so professional in everyway. Returned emails right away and always kept in touch with us and never made us nervous about anything. We even had to reschedule our first... Read More engagement shoot with them because of a family emergency an hour before and they were so understanding. Things got a little hectic in our lives so we did our shoot a week before our wedding and not only loved our photos, received so many compliments on them but most importantly we also loved working with Magda and Marcin. They made everything fun and easy for us. Our wedding day came, everything was on schedule and with 18 pairs plus us I was a little nervous about getting everyone in pictures,but they knew exactly how to handle a bridal party that size. Again everything went perfect and they were with us till early morning and made sure to capture everything. My husband and I couldn't of picked a better photographer for our special day. The wedding ends and at the end of the day, all you have left is the pictures! If your looking for great quality, professionalism, and amazing personality WASIO is it!!!!! We will forever be grateful and will always refer all our friends, family and clients to them. Thaaaank you again! Marcin and Magda

Magda and Marcin rock!

Reviewed on 2/24/2015 Olga B

This is the second time we have worked with Marcin and Magda and each time we are more impressed. They are professionals that have a vision that was realized to perfection. Our ideas were taken into account and with all honesty even improved upon. It was just such a pleasant... Read More experience. The mood was very relaxed and laid back. We didn’t feel like we were taking photos, but rather were enjoying the beautiful scenery while capturing the moment forever. And that is what you get to do with pictures, hold still those few fleeting precious moments. My husband does not like taking pictures and was not interested in spending his afternoon in this manner, but at the end of the session had a huge smile on his face. His smile got bigger as we received our initial photos. I know I’m a bit partial but I feel that I could see these pictures somewhere in a magazine, that’s how elegant they looked. Marcin, has a way to organize you to really work to your strengths, and Magda helps you to find the right poses and helps you to straighten up or pay attention to hand position, paying attention to all the details that make good photos become great. Marcin gave us a timeline for when we could expect our photos and sent us a few shots to get us excited for the complete set. We received our photos in a timely manner, actually a day early. So in summary, what could be better than capturing an important moment in a beautiful way, in a relaxed atmosphere with a few laughs? This was our experience both times we worked with WASIO photography. When our family gets bigger, hopefully they will be available to capture new memories. Thank You Marcin and Magda.

Yaneck Wasiek

After many years of photographing people and their stories I photographed my first wedding over 8 years ago. I fell in love with photographing weddings almost instantly. The main reason that gave me such joy was how much my photos meant to the couples we photographed. I love seeing people in love and I love even more photographing their special day and their story of being happy together. I understand how important photographs from the wedding days and that's why I put all my heart into - both to capture the beautiful moments and to edit those photos to top professional level.

Start a Conversation!