Modern photography inspired by art

WASIO's work has been strongly influenced by European art Most importantly though, we have an absolute love for people in love that we express through our work. The foundation is the personal and fun relationship with every couple mixed with our creativity and photographic excellence.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern

3318 West Wilson Avenue, Chicago, IL (773) 510-4474

LOVE Wasio Photography - a great experience all around

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Lynn R

WASIO photographed my wedding this June in Chicago - they are amazing and could not have done a better job. A lot of my friends have already gotten married - so I took recommendations from them for all of my vendors - except my photographers. I read about WASIO on the knot and... Read More after meeting them in person, I knew they were exactly what I wanted for my wedding. Their pictures were absolutely beautiful and I loved the way that they were able to capture special moments from a couples wedding day. They were extremely flexible and even trekked downtown to our rehearsal dinner for an hour to get some group shots. The one thing that I did not appreciate when I hired WASIO is how important it is to be able to feel comfortable with your photographers and to be able to have fun with them. When you think about it, they spend more time with you on your wedding day than anyone else and are there for all your special moments!! Yaneck and Sasha are so easy to get along with and I have to say - the least stressful of all my wedding vendors. Sasha even entertained the flower girl while I was taking my pictures!! I cannot say enough good things about these guys - the pictures turned out amazing and I know I will be looking at them forever.

Wedding Day

Reviewed on 11/03/2011 Tracy F

Yaneck is an amazing photographer and a perfect professional at every session both for our engagement photos and our wedding day! His pictures are beautiful and truely captured all our special moments. He was polite and helpful to us and our family and so easy to work with. His... Read More suggestions for the best pictures, lighting, and backgrounds are always spot on. He also has a wonderful team to assist him. The most important part is that he was almost invisible, he never intruded on our wedding day, but carefully captured everyone enjoying themselves. I will continue to use Wasio Photography for all my photography needs in the future.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Corie T

It took me a while to find the perfect photographer to do boudoir photos with as a gift to my future hubby. I needed someone who made me feel comfortable, who had a classy studio, and who didn't break the bank. I was referred to Magdalena by my photographer after talking with so... Read More many boudoir photographers because they didn't check off all three of the things I was looking for. However, Magdalena ended up going above and beyond in each of those areas. Her studio is classy with exposed brick walls, natural light, and elegant furniture. She gets to know you while you get ready, I did my makeup trial there before the shoot and she even gave me a glass of wine! She gave me gentle direction during the shoot and many compliments, I mean what girl doesn't like compliments? And she offered various albums, prints, and other packages with the photos to help me find which one best fit my budget. Overall I would choose her again and again and recommend her to any woman looking to get boudoir photos and even make a new friend. She's a lovely person inside and out! Highly recommend Wasio Boudoir!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017

What an incredible experience! I chose Magdalena of Wasio for two reasons. One, I've worked with her before for my engagement and wedding photography, and two, for her incredible prospective when it comes to boudoir photography! I was nervous at first but Magdalena was very... Read More reassuring and made me feel extremely comfortable. She offered many suggestions on outfits and ideas, and worked with what I had in mind as well. Throughout the session Magdalena would show me a few glimpses of photos on her camera as encouragement. She has a great eye that could make a woman of any shape or size feel beautiful. I chose to do mine as a surprise gift to my husband for our 5 year wedding anniversary and a gift to myself for my 30th birthday. This was a very rewarding experience and I definitely recommend Magdalena. Every woman should do this at least once, even if it is just for yourself!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Brittany S

Magdalena did my Wasio Boudoir photo shoot and she made the whole process easy, comfortable, and enjoyable. As someone who is on the shy and conservative side I wasn't sure how a boudoir sesh for my husband-to-be would work for me but I had a blast and can't stop looking at my... Read More photos; they turned out very classy, elegant, and sexy. Not showing anyone the finished product is by far the hardest part of my wedding planning. Working with Magdalena makes me wish I found her sooner so she could photograph our wedding. She is very skilled and is great at giving direction. I would highly recommend a boudoir photo shoot with Magdalena if not for your future spouses but for yourself.

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Laura G

Finding the right wedding photographer is something that can be a stressful process. However, that absolutely was not the case with WASIO. They absolutely made the process enjoyable with their friendly demeanor, flexibility, artistic creativity and level of professionalism... Read More throughout the event. Yaneck and Sasha not only captured every precious moment, they were able to enhance it with pictures that were truly amazing. I would be hard-pressed to find another photography team that I would feel as comfortable and safe capturing all the precious moments that occur during a wedding than our WASIO photography team. Thank you so much for all of your efforts and hard work in delivering such a wonderful product.

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Jenna B

Talented, artistic, professional, responsive, FUN! These are just a few ways we would describe Marcin and Magdalena at Wasio. We absolutely loved working with these two and are so grateful that they were the photographers we chose to capture our wedding last September! Marcin... Read More and Magdalena were extremely welcoming and friendly. From the very start we felt comfortable with these two. They seemed genuinely interested in us and in our day. We are not professional models by any means (all though sometimes M&M made us feel like it :)) so it was very important to us that we could trust and feel at ease around our photographers. These two, with their witty husband and wife banter and fun personalities, make for such a comfortable, happy environment on such an exciting day! It was really nice having an engagement session as part of our package. Not all photographers that we researched included this (nor did they include an album in their packages like Wasio does!). The two gave great direction on how to “pose,” but still look natural. Like I said, not models here :), so we really needed this. And on the wedding day, we never felt like we were interrupted or missed out on moments for pictures. M&M captured amazing candid shots, which was something that was really important to us. They truly went above and beyond. In addition to our wedding package, they created beautiful blogs for both our engagement session as well as our wedding. These meant so much to us! So many friends and family would ask to see our wedding pictures and these were great ways to show them the highlights of the day. We also really appreciated how responsive and accommodating Marcin was. He always responded to emails promptly and was very helpful with one off questions/requests we had. Now the most important reason why we’d recommend Wasio – our wedding pictures are absolutely stunning! Best way we can describe them is sophisticated, artistic and gorgeous. It is like they came right out of a magazine! Between the candid shots capturing how we felt the moment of our first look, the beautiful images of us complimented by the architecture of the city and the expressions they caught on our dancing guests’ faces – Marcin and Magdalena truly nailed it! Marcin and Magdalena captured our day and our memories perfectly through their pictures! We would definitely recommend these two to anyone looking to hire a wedding photographer!

Reviewed on 1/07/2017 Rubina P

WASIO photographed our wedding back in August and the pictures turned out amazing!! We worked with Marcin and Magda. They made us feel so comfortable right from the beginning and they were so easy to work with. They photographed our engagement pictures as well which also turned... Read More out amazing! They are extremely talented and the nicest people! So happy I chose WASIO to photograph the most important day of my life. The memories will fade but these photographs will last a lifetime. Their talent and attention to detail really shows through the images they capture. You will not find this kind of quality work anywhere else, trust me! Thank you so much Marcin & Magda! You guys are the best!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 MB V

Yaneck and Sasha were amazing from the time of our first meeting (prior to selecting them to shoot our wedding) to current! Our photos turned out better than I could have ever expected! Also, during the wedding, they were so stealthy! I didn't even notice them at the ceremony... Read More yet they captured it perfectly! Highly recommend them for any event!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Rameil A

I will never let any of my friends use anyone else! From the engagement session, through the wedding, through the photo review session, Wasio proved they were the best of the best! I am 100% happy with their service. Love Wasio!

Reviewed on 10/10/2016

Yaneck and Sasha are a remarkable team and truly talented professionals. We are absolutely thrilled with the quality of their work and would highly recommend them to others. We appreciated their humor and efficiency throughout wedding day. I am very hesitant to write reviews and... Read More would not offer a 5 star review lightly. Photography is certainly an investment. If the pricing scheme is within your budget, I highly encourage you to consider this company for your photography needs. Check out the online wasio blog for samples of their work and make an appointment to meet the team in person. Thanks Sasha and Yaneck!

2016-10-10T14:42:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you Swetha so much! It was such a true pleasure to photography your colorful and fun wedding!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Diana Y

Wonderful and professional people My fiancé and I are leaving for China so we decided to take photos here in Chicago, where we met and fell in love. My fiancé himself is an amateur photographer and he is very picky about choosing the right studio. We browsed through almost all... Read More Chicago-based photographers' websites and were attracted by WASIO's classic art style. After our first conversation we found Yaneck is a humorous and passionate guy, and we believe it is a key to a pleasant experience. We decided to entrust them our engagement session and also a pre wedding session, and they both turned out great! We totally enjoyed working with Yaneck and Sasha, they are not only easygoing but also professional. If we'll ever come back to USA again, we hope they will shoot for our anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Komal S

Where do I begin to describe my experience with WASIO photography. Let me tell you, Sasha and Yaneck are so cute together and we had so much fun shooting with them. I got the photoshoot reserved online in San Diego and had never met these two. And when we met it was a good... Read More experience. We were running late with some car trouble. But they were very supportive. When we met them and said sorry about our difficulty to be on time. They said they just used that time to get some coffee. They gave enough time and good interest in our photoshoot. They showed some of the amazing pics on the view finder. They also suggested some pose and brought some surreal effect on the pics. They made the pictures looked like otherworldly with the nice background. We are looking forward to use their service again. And we highly recommend anyone who is looking for good experience and excellent photoshoot.

2016-10-07T19:51:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Komal! It was a true pleasure to photograph you both in San Diego! We look forward to create more memories for you and Nehal!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Cindy R

We love Wasio! We had the pleasure of having Marcin and Magda, who make you feel welcome from the first meeting you have with them. They are very professional, but keep it fun! The pictures are beautiful and we are very happy with everything they have done for us.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Dimphy S

We were looking for a quality photographer for our wedding and found it with Wasio. Marcin and Magda were wonderful to work with, making sure every shot was perfect and timeless. They combine talent, technique, and good direction that gets results. On the job, their assertive... Read More instructions make taking really good pictures seem easy. We are so impressed and happy with our photos and so are our friends and family.

Reviewed on 7/29/2016 Allie D

Wasio Photography is hands down the best all around! We absolutely loved working with Yaneck & Sasha for our wedding! Not only are our pictures incredible, but they were amazing on the day of our wedding. Their personalities are great, so they kept us laughing throughout the day... Read More and put us at ease during staged photos. We’ve received so many compliments from our guests on our Wasio Photography and each one of them is completely accurate. Sasha & Yaneck are your wedding dream team and we’re so happy they were a part of our day. Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures and the lifetime memories! We cannot stop looking at our pictures!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016 John F

If you are looking for a wedding photographer, you can stop looking! Marcin and Magdalena of WASIO photography did an AMAZING job capturing our special day. Not only were the photos beautiful, but the entire experience from start to finish was a blast. To start, Marcin and... Read More Magdalena invited us to their studio and really made us feel comfortable with the entire process. Their was no "sales pitch" but more of an informal chat about what we were looking for and how they could help. On the day of, they allowed us to enjoy our day while capturing all the hidden moments that we now look back on and cherish. They exhibited the perfect blend of being professional in their work and having a laid back, comforting demeanor. We were blown away when we received our final photos. They are absolutely amazing... Just like the photographers.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

We thoroughly enjoyed our engagement photo session with Yaneck & Sasha and were extremely happy with the results! Yaneck & Sasha were professional and responsive throughout the booking/planning process. On the day of, they made us feel extremely comfortable and showed a... Read More dedication to making sure they got the best shots possible. They were fun, engaging and consistently went out of their way for us - including making time to continue our session the following day when logistical issues prevented us from shooting at one of our desired locations. Lastly, the photos turned out great - extremely high quality and we were so impressed with what they were able to capture. They also had a quick turnaround time and made it easy for us to access the photos. I highly recommend WASIO for any occasion. Thanks again, Yaneck & Sasha!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Christy P

I am someone who loves pictures and wanted nothing but the best for my engagement and wedding photos. WASIO photography was the best, and I am extremely happy to have worked with them for my special day. What initially drew me in to choose them over other photographers was the... Read More talent and quality of their work. The signature edit on the photos was definitely worth it and made our pictures really look amazing and artistic. They were able to reflect what was important to us and our families in our photos and capture our personalities because they actually took the time to get to know us; they were personable and really made us feel like they were our lifelong friends. At our engagement photos Yanek and Sasha took the time to pose us well and make our pictures so beautiful, elegant, and dramatic despite the unexpected downpour outside. I also had the pleasure of working with Marcin and Magda on our wedding day, who were just as talented and friendly! Unfortunately, Yanek had broken his rib a few days before the wedding and wasn’t able to make it, but Sasha made sure that all of our requests were met and that another photographer, Vito, was also on site for the day. The team jumped right in and knew exactly how to pose me and what we wanted. Everything not only went according to plan, but my pictures turned out so beautiful that I am still admiring at them on a daily basis. They truly captured the happiness and love that I felt that day. I would highly recommend working with WASIO photography because of the genius talent in photography and for their personability. Furthermore, they are very easy to reach and were always quick to respond whenever I contacted them with a question.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Christine B

Marcin and Magda were wonderful! They made us feel so comfortable and at ease. They worked efficiently to get a variety of wonderful shots. Their help with posing made our pictures look natural and effortless. Their non-invasive style allowed them to capture all the intimate... Read More moments without disturbing them.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

Marcin and Magda are wonderful to work with. Most of us are not professional models so it certainly helped getting pointers on what to do. Our photos came out beautifully. I would highly recommend them to others looks for a wedding or any special occasion. Let's not forget, they... Read More both got soaking wet in the rain for us to get some great shots!

Reviewed on 10/14/2015

We could not have been happier with Marcin and Magda. Posing for pictures can be somewhat of an awkward experience, but they went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and feeling confident about the pictures. During our engagement session, they stayed for extra... Read More time to make sure we got all the shots we wanted at different locations. They were very organized and had a great questionnaire to make sure we got all of the photos we wanted, while sticking to a tight timeline. The photographs we have received so far have looked amazing! We cannot wait to see the rest! We would highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 6/20/2015 Ewa

Hundreds of years ago when photography was yet to be discovered, there was art. Not everyone could become an artist; it required a great deal of talent, skill and artistic sensibility. When searching for someone to work with on our engagement session, we were looking for an... Read More artist. There are many photographers out there but very few of them are true artists. Artists like Magda & Marcin from Wasio Photography. Magda & Marcin are photographers who paint stories of love, passion and commitment through the lenses of their cameras. They bring out what's best in you and make you fall in love with your partner over and over again. And they do it with so much grace, passion and energy!! They have an incredible ability to capture fleeting moments and precious emotions. And what's more important in an engagement or a wedding session? It is all about love. Magda and Marcin held it still for us so we can go back to it over and over again in our most beautiful memories. Thank you Magda & Marcin for the amazing engagement session!!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 christina f

When Andrew and I started planning our wedding, the most important thing for us was photography. We had originally booked with another photographer, but realized that we wanted someone that would better match our style and would pay very close attention to detail. After... Read More searching 50+ Chicago photographers, we came across Wasio and without hesitation we contacted them and booked that day. Where do I start? From the engagement shoot up to our wedding day, Magda and Marcin treated us like movie stars. More than that, they treated us like they would treat their own families: with lots of care, perfecting each shot to make sure that we only got the best. This is absolutely what every bride and groom deserves during this process. As a bride on her wedding day, they made me feel so beautiful and confident. Moreover, they were able to capture very beautiful moments of me and my husband; the secret moments between a couple that can only been seen by someone who is really paying attention. Good photographers will bring that out in you and will capture those moments, which is why it is so important to go with top of the line photography like Wasio. Our big day is over, but we now have the most beautiful and precious photos to forever look at. Thank you Magda and Marcin for treating us like gold...you've left and imprint on our hearts. We look forward to hiring Wasio again in the future...for example...BABY PICTURES!!!!

Reviewed on 5/28/2015

We just got our wedding pictures! What can I say …. WOW! Prior to meeting Yaneck Wasiek and Sasha Wasiek my perception on taking professional pictures was not the best one. It was always a horribly boring waste of time, do what hundreds of people done before - basic copy and... Read More paste - just pick the picture you like and photoshop my faces there and lets be done :) . What a departure from the ordinary! This was actually fun, spontaneous, creative and the guys were able to capture true emotions and excitement of the day. I am thankful to WASIO Photography for being a huge part of our special day and capturing these special moments with such creativity and professionalism. Thank you for your creativity, taking chances (Planetarium cafeteria pictures) and getting wet. Thank you for making this extraordinary effort and turning a rainy day in to a brightly captured memory. THANK YOU!

Yaneck Wasiek

After many years of photographing people and their stories I photographed my first wedding over 8 years ago. I fell in love with photographing weddings almost instantly. The main reason that gave me such joy was how much my photos meant to the couples we photographed. I love seeing people in love and I love even more photographing their special day and their story of being happy together. I understand how important photographs from the wedding days and that's why I put all my heart into - both to capture the beautiful moments and to edit those photos to top professional level.