Book Your Wedding with Water's Edge Resort & Spa

A BALLROOM IN WESTBROOK, CT

The Grounds. From the garden terraces to the elegant manicured lawns, couples who envisage an outdoor wedding find an exterior location that fit their needs. Flower-draped gazebos and stylish exterior seating is set up to take full advantage of the stunning ocean views.

Grand Ballroom. Oozing timeless glamour, the Grand Ballroom has ocean views, elegant chandeliers and a classical vibe. A foyer is available for pre-dinner drinks. The space can host up to 120 guests.

Royal Ballroom. Featuring a separate entrance and a balcony that looks out over the water, the sophisticated Royal Ballroom can comfortably accommodate 250 guests. A reception foyer is also available for cocktail hour.

Salon Ballroom. This elegant space offers a modern ambiance and also boosts a separate entrance and foyer. The Salon Ballroom hosts 300 guests.

Water's Edge Resort & Spa offers a selection of wedding packages and options. The on-site planning team takes care of all your needs and ensures that you have a flawless day. Package rates include a cocktail hour followed by a four-hour reception. The talented catering team is dedicated to creating gourmet wedding menus. Mouth-watering culinary delights include Alsatian tarte with caramelized onions and applewood smoked bacon, Maryland crab cakes with lemon and pepper aioli and shiitake mushroom and braised leek spring roll. The graceful service team ensures that the wedding party and guests have a polished dining experience.

Winner of the ‘Number One Wedding Destination in Connecticut’ on many occasions, Water's Edge Resort & Spa stands out from the crowd due to its stunning waterfront location. Couples who select a wedding package discover many extra perks. These include:

• Complimentary overnight accommodations for the couple
  • Anniversary dinner for two
  • Couples' massage for use up to six months after the wedding
  • Valet parking and coat room attendant
  • White or ivory table linens

Weddings on the Water.

Sun-drenched shores and moonlit ocean view, when you say ‘I do’ at Water’s Edge Resort and Spa, you say ‘I do’ to beautiful lawns overlooking the glistening Long Island Sound, endless ballroom possibilities whether grand or intimate and a talented culinary staff who serves only the best. With function spaces that can accommodate 50-300 guests, a wedding at Water’s Edge is a one-of-a-kind destination wedding where those that matter most gather in one place to create memories that last a lifetime.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant

Bow2010

1525 Boston Post Rd., Westbrook, CT (860) 399-5901

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Liz O

I have witnessed over 100, possibly 200 weddings at Water's Edge, but I must say my wedding on May 28, 2017 was by far the best...and it could not have been possible without the staff of Water's Edge. As a timeshare owner at the resort I have seen countless weddings and I had... Read More pictured and planned my wedding for decades. So any wedding coordinator willing to take on my decades of planning and meticulous details is an angel. Kate was amazing! She answered every annoying email, question, and even helped worked out a new plan when an additional 50 guests rsvped no. The day of staff were just spectacular. Just like promised, I did not lift a finger from the moment my husband and I arrived at the resort. Kate's team made every dream possible, from carefully constructed centerpieces to filling a candy bar throughout the night. My entire bridal party (all 23 members including dates) were waited on hand and foot at the head table, no need to even walk to the bar, let alone ask for a refill on the bread basket. We were truly treated like kings and queens. Not to mention the delicious food! I knew at our tasting that the new chef was passionate and would create something beyond the typical wedding food and he surpassed my wildest dreams! My guests are still talking about the food stations at cocktail hour and the four courses at dinner, needless to say no one went hungry! Every crazy idea I had about my wedding was made possible by Water's Edge. Thank you for making my dreams come true!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Kate D

My husband and I were recently married at Water's Edge this past September. We had heard about Water's Edge from my mother-in-law and finally went there for my birthday dinner in December 2015. We were very impressed with the grounds, the food and the service. We came back the... Read More following week to meet with a wedding coordinator and we booked very soon after. Even in the winter, the scenery is absolutely gorgeous. We began working with one wedding coordinator but were assigned to another a couple months into the planning process, which was nerve-wracking at first but ended up working out for the best. We first met with Kate Layman over a year out from our wedding (we had a 2-year engagement) and she immediately eased our concerns about the switch. Kate was absolutely wonderful from start to finish and I cannot say enough good things about her. She was absolutely instrumental in the planning process and helped guide us through everything. Kate met with us on several occasions prior to the wedding, responded to our calls and e-mails in a timely manner, and followed up with us if we were forgetting or falling behind on something. She was able to refer us to vendors when needed. Kate was friendly and easy to relate to, but always professional. She walked through our rehearsal with us and was there for the majority of our wedding day, which really put us at ease. I'm sure everyone says this, but our wedding was absolutely the best day ever. We had the most beautiful day, our guests enjoyed the amenities on site and we were married outside at sunset, which made for the most stunning pictures (Water's Edge staff even took some pictures for us which were among the first we got to see!) and we had the best time dancing and celebrating that night. Kate was in constant contact, along with our attendant Elton, who was also wonderful. I've been told many times that it's inevitable you go hungry on your wedding day since you are so busy, but this was absolutely not the case for us. Elton made sure we were well-fed and that we had drinks throughout the evening, serving us from cocktail hour (when we were aside taking photos) until the end of the night when we arrived back to our room to find cake and champagne! We were so well-fed that we were actually full come dinner time, at which point Elton even offered to wrap up our food! We received so many compliments on our wedding, from the beautiful scenery, to the food (even from the pickiest of relatives) and even had friends tell us they were considering also having their wedding there! We were very impressed with Water's Edge and their wonderful staff, especially Kate and Elton. I would highly recommend them to anyone and everyone in the future. Thank you all so much for making our wedding day the absolute best!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Jennifer R

Less than a month ago my husband and I hosted our wedding weekend at Water's Edge. Our wedding coordinator, Kate L, was incredible. Her attention to detail and timely correspondence made the planning process seamless. She helped us to organize our rehearsal dinner, wedding... Read More reception and brunch at Water's Edge and each event was flawless. The head chef, Aaron was so accommodating and kind. He even took the time out of his busy schedule to introduce himself to us at our tasting months before our wedding. The pasty chef went out of his way during the reception to fix the cake flowers that had been accidentally rearranged by another vendor. The bridal attendant could not have been more attentive and even brought us champagne while we were still taking pictures with the photographer at the shoreline during cocktail hour. All and all, Kate L and the Water's Edge team exceeded our wedding day expectations and we could not be more grateful for the superb experience their venue provided for us and our family/friends. Hindsight is truly 20/20 and although there are some details I would change about our day, (ie: transportation, weather) there is nothing I would change about our venue. If you are looking for a personal experience and to truly feel like the only bride your wedding coordinator is working with, then I'd highly recommend Water's Edge.

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Samantha S

We had our wedding at Water's Edge on 10/7/2017. We worked with Nancy as our wedding coordinator. By far this was the greatest decision we made. Water's Edge is a beautiful venue and they coordinator everything to run flawlessly for our special day. Everything was set up... Read More perfectly, the food was amazing and Nancy went above and beyond to make our wedding amazing. Thank you so much for an absolutely beautiful wedding day!

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Ali H

I honestly don't even know where to start! From beginning to end, everything went so smoothly and so perfect! We worked with Kate from the first time my family toured the venue and all the way through till the very end. Kate was absolutely amazing and I don't think things would... Read More have gone so smooth if it wasn't for her coordination leading up to our big day. My husband and I were planning our wedding long distance with my family still being in Connecticut. Kate always responded to my emails in a timely manner and made time for me whenever I did come back into town. The day of the wedding, things could not have gone better. Every single person that was a part of our day from the Water's Edge did an amazing job. I never was worried about anything and anything I needed handled was dealt with immediately. And honestly, there really wasn't anything I needed because it all went so well! This place is a true example of you get what you pay for. We got exceptional service from start to finish and we couldn't be happier. The food was amazing, the people were amazing and the venue is stunning. We also held our rehearsal dinner and morning after breakfast at the Water's Edge and all of it was perfectly coordinated and organized and I can't really take much credit! Kate and her team handled everything. I did not have a wedding coordinator and with Kate, I felt like I didn't need one! My guests are still raving about how amazing everything was and we couldn't be more thrilled to have had our wedding at the Water's Edge. So worth it!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Jessica K

My husband and I Renewed Our Vows at Water's Edge for our 10th wedding anniversary. We had our Vow Renewal on October 8, 2017. We didn't have a wedding when we got married we eloped so this was kind of our wedding. We had an amazing time. We opted for the Sunday Brunch which... Read More was absolutely amazing. There was so much food to choose from. Also our youngest daughter has severe food allergies and the chef was made aware and they were able to accommodate her and make sure there was no cross contamination or any of the foods she was allergic to in her food. Kate was amazing!!!! She helped so much with everything. I was sick the morning of our renewal and she kept checking on me and making sure I was ok getting me anything I needed. My nerves definitely got the best of me while trying to plan everything. Kate was very calm and reassuring during the whole process. She was able to calm my nerves. It rained the morning of our ceremony. It hasn't rained much in weeks and of course it rained. I heard it was good luck to rain on your wedding day but I don't know about your vow renewal. I wish there were tents or something so that we could have still had our ceremony outside. The stayed at the resort for 2 days the day before our ceremony and the day of. The staff in every part of the resort are so amazing and very helpful. Next to the birth of our daughters this was by far one of the best days of my life.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Alexandra L

We celebrated our wedding at Water's Edge this past summer. From the very beginning of the process, we appreciated the personal and focused one-on-one attention from the planning team. While planning the wedding from out of state, we managed to stay connected with the planning... Read More team (Kate, et al.) without issues and arranged for every detail for our perfect day. As the wedding day approached, we relied on the Water's Edge to finalize the details, planning and choreography of the big day which all ended up being seamless. From the perfectly manicured grounds to the attentive service staff, our black-tie wedding was simply from a fairy tale. The Royal Ballroom was the most opulent and elegant of venues and the cocktail hour outside was the perfect coastal New England backdrop for our most special occasion. All of the details from the garnishes on the gourmet courses to the seamless cocktail hour on the patio were just flawless... our day was picture perfect and the memories from Water's Edge will last a life-time. For any formal event, from the most special to the unforgettable, this coastal oasis is New England's dream venue. Now hopefully we can make it back soon for brunch!!! ;) - Mike & Alexandra

Reviewed on 10/17/2017 Ashley C

Beautiful venue with fantastic staff. Everyone had a great time.

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Christina P

My husband and I keep receiving compliments on our wedding. We have heard from multiple relatives that it was "the best" wedding they ever attended. We were married almost a month ago, on labor day, a very busy wedding weekend but we didn't even notice the other weddings that... Read More were going on there. Kate and Susan did an amazing job taking care of us even though they had other parties to take care of as well. Kate was so flexible and responsive, going with the flow when I had guests changing the RSVP's and food choices. She made sure everything we talked about was accomplished, and we were impressed by the rest of the staff as well. In particular, Edmund went above and beyond waiting on me that night, opening doors, elevators, getting drinks... when my husband and I returned to our suite after the bar closed he even set up champagne and chocolate covered strawberries to surprise us with along with extra cake! We are so happy we made the choice to trust Water's Edge with our special day. I could go on but I think I made the point! One more thing - we had a traditional Greek wedding ceremony outside at the gazebo! Totally unheard of in our community, but our priest and the Water's Edge made it happen. I'd recommend this venue to anybody with high standards and a good budget, you get what you pay for and it is priced fairly.

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Erin H

Thank you, Kate and Water's Edge for making my wedding the day the best day of my life and exactly what I wanted. We did things a little differently with everything being outside and Kate was so open to working with us and supportive through out the entire process. We had a... Read More lobster bake for our dinner and ended the night at the beach bar dancing and enjoying the bonfire. We appreciate the follow up and communication from Kate through out the 8 months of planning and could not be happier with the way everything turned out. Thank you!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Laura M

My wedding was held this pass weekend at Water's Edge, and it was an absolutely phenomenal day. Our wedding coordinator, Nancy Steele, from the first visit forward, was an amazing resource and did an absolutely wonderful job on our wedding. Every detail was on point. The whole... Read More staff at Water's Edge was outstanding, the service was fantastic from the valets, to the kitchen staff, waiters/waitresses. We felt like we had royal treatment the whole time that we were there. We received many compliments on the venue and the food. I would highly recommend Water's Edge for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Susan J

The 5 stars says it better than I can. My son and his wife were married on May 27th 2017 . The entire hotel staff deserves the highest praise, from the gentleman at the front door who magically appeared to open that door for me every single time I entered the lobby, to the... Read More housekeeping staff who we drove crazy (disastrous mess after hair/make-up were finished) and a VERY late check out the day of our departure, to the front desk staff who never looked frazzled and were always accommodating , to the wait staff who were incredibly professional yet personable, and not to be forgotten, Kate, Susan and Dave who along with the flexibility of Aaron, the chef, made it all possible. When a bride and groom have a great time at their own wedding, that is a testament to the wedding event team who never hovered, but, paid attention to every detail and made sure that all was taken care of. Thank you so much to Kate (who became my best friend through this planning process) , Susan and Dave who were all so efficient and genuinely kind and generous with their enthusiasm. It was a great weekend ! Thank you for helping all of us make new and wonderful memories !

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Karen M

Water's Edge Resort and Spa is a magical place to have your wedding! The staff is extremely professional and attentive to all of your needs. Kate and Keith are outstanding to work with. The food is amazing and the water views and rooms are breathtaking. We just had our wedding... Read More there and people are still talking about it. It was a world class event. If you are looking for a spectacular place to have a destination wedding theme right on the ocean Water's Edge is your venue. Simply amazing and they have everything you need right there! It doesn't get any better than that!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Bel G

My husband and I got married on November 12, 2016 at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort. Our wedding day exceeded our expectations and the staff was more than accommodating. Throughout the wedding planning process, Kate, our wedding coordinator was so responsive and attentive to... Read More any questions or needs we had. On our wedding day, our personal server, Ruby, went above and beyond for us and was always there. We loved every minute celebrating our wedding at Water's Edge because of the venue, quality of service and the staff. We would recommend Water's Edge for celebrating any of life's greatest moments.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Neil R

We had he lovely wedding at this resort in the beginning of October and despite it being a cloudy, cold, rainy day, the wedding was great and our guests had a great time! We also hosted a rehearsal dinner and morning after brunch in addition to the wedding so we spent a lot of... Read More time with Kate, Keith and Aaron planning the events. The wait staff for all three events were fabulous, Sandra ran things perfectly, and Steven was a rock star attending to our every need. Sandra and Steve truly went far and above the call of duty for us the whole weekend. Our wedding coordinator had to take sick leave in the middle of our planning process, so Kate helped get us back on track. Keith also helped smooth the transition and saved the day by finding my son’s backpack, forgotten in the room, with all his homework in it. We were about to depart for our honeymoon and had no time to go back for it so Keith dropped it off to our son that evening!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amanda B

Our wedding was October 1st at the Water's Edge and it was absolutely perfect! Nancy was amazing to work with and was eager to answer all our questions. Even when I called her freaking out 3 days before the wedding about the rain forecast, she calmed me down and told me it's... Read More not for me to worry about. Everything was excellent including the food, drinks, view, and the service. We are still getting compliments and notes from our guests telling us that it was the best wedding they've ever been too!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Michael C

My wife and I were married most recently at Water's Edge Resort and Spa. We had previously visited and spent a weekend there last summer. At that time we were very impressed with everything about the place. As soon as you enter the location, the beautifully manicured grounds,... Read More the flowers, AND as soon as you walk in to check in the first thing you see is a spectacular view of the ocean! In addition, the hotel staff as well as all the workers greet you with a smile, they are courteous and always aim to please. I like to think of Waters Edge as an adult playground - a great place to relax, enjoy the beach, excellent food and atmosphere. Really, although there are many cute little shops and entertainment within reach, you really don't have to leave the hotel if you don't want to! It was at that moment, that we knew we found our wedding reception place! From the initial planning, to response time, to being courteous and patient, Kate Layman was always there for us. Her calm demeanor and helpful suggestions were well appreciated in what can be a hectic time. In addition, the staff the day of the wedding were very attentive, professional. Ruby was particularly helpful to my wife and I with whatever we needed. Lastly, although it did rain the day of the wedding, the grounds at Waters Edge (with some of the gazeebos etc.) still afford the chance to take some great photos and should not be overlooked should it rain on your wedding day as well. Overall, a great time, a fun and most beautiful place. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kate P

We had a September wedding at Water'sEdge and we were very happy with the service we received. We had a lot of special requests that the venue was able to accommodate and we had a beautiful event that we will always treasure

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jess P

We are so happy to have had our wedding at waters edge! Kate is the best, responsive, attention to detail, thinking of all the things I never would have! And Steve did an amazing job day of taking care of us and our parents with food and drinks! So great! I liked that whoever is... Read More with you from the planning stage actually comes to your wedding until about 8 or 9 pm to make sure everything is going as planned. Our only very minor drawbacks were the cost of the hotel for guests ($300+ per night in late October, although no minimum stay helps), and we had rain so cocktail hour was in the Royal Foyer and it was very crowded for guests (but not much you can do about that). Overall it was a great experience for local and out of town folks and I'm so glad Waters Edge could accommodate us- thank you!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jamie W

My husband and I were engaged in July of 2014 and we were planning on getting married in the summer of 2016, so we had a lot of time to plan and research venues, and boy did we! We were looking for a great place near the water that would be convenient for our out of state guests... Read More (which would be more than half of our guests since my husband's is all out of state). I remember initially telling Alex (my husband) that Water's Edge would be perfect but we were both very concerned with the pricing and figured it was too much outside of what we were willing to spend. However, after visiting 8 venues (including Water's Edge), and researching countless others, we found that Water's Edge was fairly priced and a lot lower than some others along the CT shoreline! I do have to admit that initially I was torn, but after questioning the staff relentlessly, we both agreed that Water's Edge was going to be our wedding venue! Although over the course of the 2 year period, from when we selected our venue to when we got married, we had about 5 different event coordinators with the venue. Some had to leave for various reasons, but in the end we ended up with Kate who made sure we had everything needed for our day to be perfect. Everything turned out amazing. The staff was extremely helpful, the venue was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the view was perfect. Everyone we've talked to since our July 23, 2016 wedding said it was the best wedding they had been to. I've heard concerns about getting married at a venue that's also a resort, for example, "there's going to be people in bikinis in your wedding pictures!". But, to be honest, if you get the right photographer, they can angle the picture correctly or crop them out afterwards. Also, the staff at Water's Edge was extremely helpful making sure nothing was in the way. I also heard, "but there are live bands, are they going to be playing during your wedding?". No. The staff would never let that happen. And the plus side on this for a summer weekend wedding is, with the live band playing (if you're having your cocktail hour outside) you don't need your DJ to set up during cocktail hour, which worked out nicely for us. Overall, everything was amazing and definitely a day (and night!) to remember thanks to Water's Edge!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 GWEN N

I did a sunrise wedding at the Watersedge and it had never been done there before. I loved the idea of a new beginning and it was such a beautiful ceremony overlooking the beach at 7am! I choose the venue for the absolute beautiful beach view and the resort is absolutely... Read More gorgeous! Kate was there to talk me thru everything and I felt she really made the effort to make me feel sane even though I was so nervous! I loved how everything came out. I felt that Carol & Kate went above and beyond the day of my wedding to make sure everything was amazing and it really was. I'm so blessed to have had my wedding there and plan to spend many anniversaries there as well.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

The wedding I attended at Water's Edge truly was 5 stars worthy. Food was great service was great I highly recommend it! I plan on bringing my fiancé here to take a tour with one of the Wedding Sales Managers. It's a beautiful place with friendly people!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kristyn H

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Water's Edge Resort & Spa on September 10, 2016, and we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. There were some hiccups in the beginning of the planning process--we had three wedding coordinators in the course of... Read More a few weeks right after we booked our wedding, and we were also seeing a lot of negative reviews of the hotel on TripAdvisor--but once we started working with our wedding coordinator Nancy Steele our nerves were put completely at ease! Nancy was very attentive, always making sure our questions were answered and that all of our i's were dotted and t's crossed. She even took us to lunch a few weeks before the wedding so that we could go over any last minute questions we had. She was completely thorough, taking careful note of all of the food additions we made (and we made a lot!), and our wedding day turned out more perfect that we could have ever imagined. She even stayed for most of the wedding reception to make sure everything went smoothly. The rest of the Water's Edge staff did an amazing job as well, from the Catering Manager to Steve, one of the servers who was so attentive to everyone's food and beverage needs throughout the entire reception--my husband and I were never without a drink in our hands! They also did a great job with the breakfast we hosted for our guests the next morning. All of our guests, many of whom were staying at the hotel, couldn't stop talking about what a beautiful resort the Water's Edge was and what a great experience they had there. We couldn't be more thankful to the Water's Edge, Nancy, and the rest of the staff for making our wedding day the absolute best day of our lives!

2016-10-10T13:55:29 Response from the vendor

Greetings! Thank you for sharing your sentiments on how well your special day was at Water's Edge! We will share your well deserved comments with the staff. Best Wishes, Keith Lindelow Director of Sales Phone: 860.577.3521 [email protected]

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kristen S

Water's Edge is one of the most amazing places I have ever been too. I fell in love with the beauty of the grounds immediately upon entering just over one year ago when looking at the venue. I felt at ease and comfortable with the staff immediately and am truly grateful I... Read More found Water's Edge to host our wedding at. The food, staff, grounds, salon (in the shopping area, Salon belle vie), rooms, amenities, etc., were impeccable. I don't have a single complaint. Particular individuals who made our stay/wedding experience wonderful include the following: Nancy Steele - our wedding coordinator who went above and beyond our expectations throughout the entire process; she was helpful, fun to work with, reliable, and helped us make our wedding day an absolute dream. She made wedding planning a breeze from almost 3 hours away! Drew and the rest of the bell hops were particularly helpful as we moved several pieces of luggage, decorations, a wedding dress, etc., throughout the resort (sometimes several times a day). Elton was the food/beverage service staff assigned to my husband and is groomsmen throughout the evening; Elton made sure the guys did not go hungry and/or thirsty and they were very pleased with his service. Elton also helped us throughout the reception and kindly brought champagne, desserts, etc., up to our honeymoon suite, which was a lovely surprise to find. Kelsey, the head of the waitstaff, made sure the entire evening was flawless. She answered any questions, fulfilled every request, and was an absolute joy to work with.

2016-10-10T13:52:22 Response from the vendor

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. We are all very pleased to know that your event was a wonderful one. We will share your comments with the staff. best Wishes for the future! Keith Lindelow Director of Sales Phone:... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Jaclyn N

Beautiful grounds with tons of gardens, flowers, and scenic backdrops. The food was absolutely amazing. Every guest we spoke to could not stop raving about the food! We had a great time and it was really the best day ever.

Meet The Manager