Book Your Wedding with Water's Edge Resort & Spa

A BALLROOM IN WESTBROOK, CT

The Grounds. From the garden terraces to the elegant manicured lawns, couples who envisage an outdoor wedding find an exterior location that fit their needs. Flower-draped gazebos and stylish exterior seating is set up to take full advantage of the stunning ocean views.

Grand Ballroom. Oozing timeless glamour, the Grand Ballroom has ocean views, elegant chandeliers and a classical vibe. A foyer is available for pre-dinner drinks. The space can host up to 120 guests.

Royal Ballroom. Featuring a separate entrance and a balcony that looks out over the water, the sophisticated Royal Ballroom can comfortably accommodate 250 guests. A reception foyer is also available for cocktail hour.

Salon Ballroom. This elegant space offers a modern ambiance and also boosts a separate entrance and foyer. The Salon Ballroom hosts 300 guests.

Water's Edge Resort & Spa offers a selection of wedding packages and options. The on-site planning team takes care of all your needs and ensures that you have a flawless day. Package rates include a cocktail hour followed by a four-hour reception. The talented catering team is dedicated to creating gourmet wedding menus. Mouth-watering culinary delights include Alsatian tarte with caramelized onions and applewood smoked bacon, Maryland crab cakes with lemon and pepper aioli and shiitake mushroom and braised leek spring roll. The graceful service team ensures that the wedding party and guests have a polished dining experience.

Winner of the ‘Number One Wedding Destination in Connecticut’ on many occasions, Water's Edge Resort & Spa stands out from the crowd due to its stunning waterfront location. Couples who select a wedding package discover many extra perks. These include:

• Complimentary overnight accommodations for the couple
  • Anniversary dinner for two
  • Couples' massage for use up to six months after the wedding
  • Valet parking and coat room attendant
  • White or ivory table linens

Weddings on the Water.

Sun-drenched shores and moonlit ocean view, when you say ‘I do’ at Water’s Edge Resort and Spa, you say ‘I do’ to beautiful lawns overlooking the glistening Long Island Sound, endless ballroom possibilities whether grand or intimate and a talented culinary staff who serves only the best. With function spaces that can accommodate 20-300 guests, a wedding at Water’s Edge is a one-of-a-kind destination wedding where those that matter most gather in one place to create memories that last a lifetime.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Restaurant

Bow2010

1525 Boston Post Rd., Westbrook, CT (860) 399-5901

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Michael C

My wife and I were married most recently at Water's Edge Resort and Spa. We had previously visited and spent a weekend there last summer. At that time we were very impressed with everything about the place. As soon as you enter the location, the beautifully manicured grounds,... Read More the flowers, AND as soon as you walk in to check in the first thing you see is a spectacular view of the ocean! In addition, the hotel staff as well as all the workers greet you with a smile, they are courteous and always aim to please. I like to think of Waters Edge as an adult playground - a great place to relax, enjoy the beach, excellent food and atmosphere. Really, although there are many cute little shops and entertainment within reach, you really don't have to leave the hotel if you don't want to! It was at that moment, that we knew we found our wedding reception place! From the initial planning, to response time, to being courteous and patient, Kate Layman was always there for us. Her calm demeanor and helpful suggestions were well appreciated in what can be a hectic time. In addition, the staff the day of the wedding were very attentive, professional. Ruby was particularly helpful to my wife and I with whatever we needed. Lastly, although it did rain the day of the wedding, the grounds at Waters Edge (with some of the gazeebos etc.) still afford the chance to take some great photos and should not be overlooked should it rain on your wedding day as well. Overall, a great time, a fun and most beautiful place. We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Kristyn C

My husband and I had our wedding reception at the Water's Edge Resort & Spa on September 10, 2016, and we couldn't be happier with the way everything turned out. There were some hiccups in the beginning of the planning process--we had three wedding coordinators in the course of... Read More a few weeks right after we booked our wedding, and we were also seeing a lot of negative reviews of the hotel on TripAdvisor--but once we started working with our wedding coordinator Nancy Steele our nerves were put completely at ease! Nancy was very attentive, always making sure our questions were answered and that all of our i's were dotted and t's crossed. She even took us to lunch a few weeks before the wedding so that we could go over any last minute questions we had. She was completely thorough, taking careful note of all of the food additions we made (and we made a lot!), and our wedding day turned out more perfect that we could have ever imagined. She even stayed for most of the wedding reception to make sure everything went smoothly. The rest of the Water's Edge staff did an amazing job as well, from the Catering Manager to Steve, one of the servers who was so attentive to everyone's food and beverage needs throughout the entire reception--my husband and I were never without a drink in our hands! They also did a great job with the breakfast we hosted for our guests the next morning. All of our guests, many of whom were staying at the hotel, couldn't stop talking about what a beautiful resort the Water's Edge was and what a great experience they had there. We couldn't be more thankful to the Water's Edge, Nancy, and the rest of the staff for making our wedding day the absolute best day of our lives!

2016-10-10T13:55:29 Response from the vendor

Greetings! Thank you for sharing your sentiments on how well your special day was at Water's Edge! We will share your well deserved comments with the staff. Best Wishes, Keith Lindelow Director of Sales Phone: 860.577.3521 [email protected]

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Kristen S

Water's Edge is one of the most amazing places I have ever been too. I fell in love with the beauty of the grounds immediately upon entering just over one year ago when looking at the venue. I felt at ease and comfortable with the staff immediately and am truly grateful I... Read More found Water's Edge to host our wedding at. The food, staff, grounds, salon (in the shopping area, Salon belle vie), rooms, amenities, etc., were impeccable. I don't have a single complaint. Particular individuals who made our stay/wedding experience wonderful include the following: Nancy Steele - our wedding coordinator who went above and beyond our expectations throughout the entire process; she was helpful, fun to work with, reliable, and helped us make our wedding day an absolute dream. She made wedding planning a breeze from almost 3 hours away! Drew and the rest of the bell hops were particularly helpful as we moved several pieces of luggage, decorations, a wedding dress, etc., throughout the resort (sometimes several times a day). Elton was the food/beverage service staff assigned to my husband and is groomsmen throughout the evening; Elton made sure the guys did not go hungry and/or thirsty and they were very pleased with his service. Elton also helped us throughout the reception and kindly brought champagne, desserts, etc., up to our honeymoon suite, which was a lovely surprise to find. Kelsey, the head of the waitstaff, made sure the entire evening was flawless. She answered any questions, fulfilled every request, and was an absolute joy to work with.

2016-10-10T13:52:22 Response from the vendor

Greetings! Thank you for taking the time to share your kind words. We are all very pleased to know that your event was a wonderful one. We will share your comments with the staff. best Wishes for the future! Keith Lindelow Director of Sales Phone:... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Laura T

My wedding was held this pass weekend at Water's Edge, and it was an absolutely phenomenal day. Our wedding coordinator, Nancy Steele, from the first visit forward, was an amazing resource and did an absolutely wonderful job on our wedding. Every detail was on point. The whole... Read More staff at Water's Edge was outstanding, the service was fantastic from the valets, to the kitchen staff, waiters/waitresses. We felt like we had royal treatment the whole time that we were there. We received many compliments on the venue and the food. I would highly recommend Water's Edge for your wedding!

Reviewed on 7/01/2017 Susan J

The 5 stars says it better than I can. My son and his wife were married on May 27th 2017 . The entire hotel staff deserves the highest praise, from the gentleman at the front door who magically appeared to open that door for me every single time I entered the lobby, to the... Read More housekeeping staff who we drove crazy (disastrous mess after hair/make-up were finished) and a VERY late check out the day of our departure, to the front desk staff who never looked frazzled and were always accommodating , to the wait staff who were incredibly professional yet personable, and not to be forgotten, Kate, Susan and Dave who along with the flexibility of Aaron, the chef, made it all possible. When a bride and groom have a great time at their own wedding, that is a testament to the wedding event team who never hovered, but, paid attention to every detail and made sure that all was taken care of. Thank you so much to Kate (who became my best friend through this planning process) , Susan and Dave who were all so efficient and genuinely kind and generous with their enthusiasm. It was a great weekend ! Thank you for helping all of us make new and wonderful memories !

Reviewed on 3/29/2017 Karen M

Water's Edge Resort and Spa is a magical place to have your wedding! The staff is extremely professional and attentive to all of your needs. Kate and Keith are outstanding to work with. The food is amazing and the water views and rooms are breathtaking. We just had our wedding... Read More there and people are still talking about it. It was a world class event. If you are looking for a spectacular place to have a destination wedding theme right on the ocean Water's Edge is your venue. Simply amazing and they have everything you need right there! It doesn't get any better than that!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Bel G

My husband and I got married on November 12, 2016 at the beautiful Water's Edge Resort. Our wedding day exceeded our expectations and the staff was more than accommodating. Throughout the wedding planning process, Kate, our wedding coordinator was so responsive and attentive to... Read More any questions or needs we had. On our wedding day, our personal server, Ruby, went above and beyond for us and was always there. We loved every minute celebrating our wedding at Water's Edge because of the venue, quality of service and the staff. We would recommend Water's Edge for celebrating any of life's greatest moments.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Neil R

We had he lovely wedding at this resort in the beginning of October and despite it being a cloudy, cold, rainy day, the wedding was great and our guests had a great time! We also hosted a rehearsal dinner and morning after brunch in addition to the wedding so we spent a lot of... Read More time with Kate, Keith and Aaron planning the events. The wait staff for all three events were fabulous, Sandra ran things perfectly, and Steven was a rock star attending to our every need. Sandra and Steve truly went far and above the call of duty for us the whole weekend. Our wedding coordinator had to take sick leave in the middle of our planning process, so Kate helped get us back on track. Keith also helped smooth the transition and saved the day by finding my son’s backpack, forgotten in the room, with all his homework in it. We were about to depart for our honeymoon and had no time to go back for it so Keith dropped it off to our son that evening!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Amanda B

Our wedding was October 1st at the Water's Edge and it was absolutely perfect! Nancy was amazing to work with and was eager to answer all our questions. Even when I called her freaking out 3 days before the wedding about the rain forecast, she calmed me down and told me it's... Read More not for me to worry about. Everything was excellent including the food, drinks, view, and the service. We are still getting compliments and notes from our guests telling us that it was the best wedding they've ever been too!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Kate P

We had a September wedding at Water'sEdge and we were very happy with the service we received. We had a lot of special requests that the venue was able to accommodate and we had a beautiful event that we will always treasure

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jess P

We are so happy to have had our wedding at waters edge! Kate is the best, responsive, attention to detail, thinking of all the things I never would have! And Steve did an amazing job day of taking care of us and our parents with food and drinks! So great! I liked that whoever is... Read More with you from the planning stage actually comes to your wedding until about 8 or 9 pm to make sure everything is going as planned. Our only very minor drawbacks were the cost of the hotel for guests ($300+ per night in late October, although no minimum stay helps), and we had rain so cocktail hour was in the Royal Foyer and it was very crowded for guests (but not much you can do about that). Overall it was a great experience for local and out of town folks and I'm so glad Waters Edge could accommodate us- thank you!

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Jamie W

My husband and I were engaged in July of 2014 and we were planning on getting married in the summer of 2016, so we had a lot of time to plan and research venues, and boy did we! We were looking for a great place near the water that would be convenient for our out of state guests... Read More (which would be more than half of our guests since my husband's is all out of state). I remember initially telling Alex (my husband) that Water's Edge would be perfect but we were both very concerned with the pricing and figured it was too much outside of what we were willing to spend. However, after visiting 8 venues (including Water's Edge), and researching countless others, we found that Water's Edge was fairly priced and a lot lower than some others along the CT shoreline! I do have to admit that initially I was torn, but after questioning the staff relentlessly, we both agreed that Water's Edge was going to be our wedding venue! Although over the course of the 2 year period, from when we selected our venue to when we got married, we had about 5 different event coordinators with the venue. Some had to leave for various reasons, but in the end we ended up with Kate who made sure we had everything needed for our day to be perfect. Everything turned out amazing. The staff was extremely helpful, the venue was gorgeous, the food was delicious, and the view was perfect. Everyone we've talked to since our July 23, 2016 wedding said it was the best wedding they had been to. I've heard concerns about getting married at a venue that's also a resort, for example, "there's going to be people in bikinis in your wedding pictures!". But, to be honest, if you get the right photographer, they can angle the picture correctly or crop them out afterwards. Also, the staff at Water's Edge was extremely helpful making sure nothing was in the way. I also heard, "but there are live bands, are they going to be playing during your wedding?". No. The staff would never let that happen. And the plus side on this for a summer weekend wedding is, with the live band playing (if you're having your cocktail hour outside) you don't need your DJ to set up during cocktail hour, which worked out nicely for us. Overall, everything was amazing and definitely a day (and night!) to remember thanks to Water's Edge!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 GWEN N

I did a sunrise wedding at the Watersedge and it had never been done there before. I loved the idea of a new beginning and it was such a beautiful ceremony overlooking the beach at 7am! I choose the venue for the absolute beautiful beach view and the resort is absolutely... Read More gorgeous! Kate was there to talk me thru everything and I felt she really made the effort to make me feel sane even though I was so nervous! I loved how everything came out. I felt that Carol & Kate went above and beyond the day of my wedding to make sure everything was amazing and it really was. I'm so blessed to have had my wedding there and plan to spend many anniversaries there as well.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016

The wedding I attended at Water's Edge truly was 5 stars worthy. Food was great service was great I highly recommend it! I plan on bringing my fiancé here to take a tour with one of the Wedding Sales Managers. It's a beautiful place with friendly people!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 Jaclyn N

Beautiful grounds with tons of gardens, flowers, and scenic backdrops. The food was absolutely amazing. Every guest we spoke to could not stop raving about the food! We had a great time and it was really the best day ever.

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I have been going to Water's Edge every summer as a timeshare owner for over 20 years. It is a perfect destination wedding venue with it's beautiful settings and landscaping. My husband and I were planning our wedding long distance and I can't say enough about Joanna efficiency... Read More in helping us get all the details squared away without even being nearby. We got married there this summer and Joanna and her staff were spectacular to work with! Unfortunately the weather didn't agree with us having our ceremony outside as planned, but they made the transition to an inside location smooth and without concern. Weather cleared enabling us to do some outside photos before the reception and the staff made the timeline work wonderfully accommodating our request for more time to allow for the photos we missed earlier.We were given a personal attendant during the reception who was fantastic with getting us anything we needed during the night. Bottom line….beautiful place, great staff, wonderful experience!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

On October 10th I was lucky enough to marry my other half at Water's Edge Resort & Spa. It was the most incredible experience of my life. The staff made everything so easy during all of the planning stages all the way up through the end of the actual wedding. Everyone there... Read More has become our second family - and we couldn't be more excited to go back to Water's Edge to visit. We had approximately 190 guests at our wedding and every SINGLE person is still talking about how it was the best wedding they have ever attended.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

I had my wedding here on October 17, 2015. Everything was above and beyond expectations. Joanna was amazing from day one! She remembered every detail and made for a seamless process from the time we booked until after the wedding. Sara was wonderful as well! The view was... Read More spectacular and I was told the food was amazing! What I was able to find time for was delicious! The cake was certainly delicious! All of our guests have raved that it was the best wedding they have ever been to! It was truly a perfect day and Joanna and the entire staff at Water's Edge helped to make my fairy tale wedding a dream come true! I would recommend this venue to anyone without hesitation!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Patty P

Perfect in Every Way! We were married September 6, 2105 and everything was incredible! Our wedding coordinator, Joanna was exceptional as was the rest of the event staff. Between the spectacular weather, incredible water views, delicious meal and attentive staff, we could not... Read More have asked for anything more! Thank you, Patty & Michael

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Megan D

Absolutely perfect!!! My husband and I had our wedding at the WE in August. We started planning our wedding over a year before the date and everything from the beginning plans stages to the actual day were incredible! We could not have asked for anything more. The venue... Read More provided a wedding planner, who was amazing. She was excellent to work with, quick to respond to emails (answered every question we had, and we had a lot!), very personable, and made the whole process fun. The venue overall was spectacular. All of our guests commented about the delicious food, excellent staff, and beautiful venue. We got married on the property, by the water, we had cocktail hour on the patio, and the reception in the Grand Ballroom. Not only did we have beautiful weather but every detail was as we had requested. Our planner listened to all of our requests and ensured that our day was just how we had pictured it. She was present throughout the event to make sure that everything went as planned. We truly can not say enough about how absolutely perfect our day was and we would definitely recommend this venue to anyone planning a wedding!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 nicole m

I had my wedding at Water's Edge in July 2015, and it was absolutely perfect! All of the planning that led up to the wedding was great - it was a real weight off of my shoulders to know that the people there, especially Joanna, had everything in their hands and I could trust... Read More them. Of course I had a laundry list of "personal" touches that I wanted to add to my wedding, and every single thing was done beautifully by the staff. Also, the food was great, which can be hard to find at a wedding venue. The cocktail hour had a delicious variety of appetizers including shrimp cocktail, baked brie, crabcakes, mini spring rolls, and more...all so good. And for dinner we were able to offer a fish, chicken, beef, and veggie option (and any could be made gluten free). Food is incredibly important to me and my family, and Water's Edge did not disappoint. And finally, we had a "personal" attendant that followed my husband and I around all night making sure we had enough food and whatever we wanted to drink, which was really nice. We didn't have to worry about anything - he, and the rest of the staff, really took care of us. We were told by many of our wedding guests that ours was the best wedding they have ever been to - and I put a lot of that on the venue and the staff. The actual venue is absolutely beautiful - it's a little slice of heaven in Connecticut that you wouldn't expect to find, which makes it that much better. I would 100% recommend Water's Edge to anyone looking to get married in Connecticut (or anyone willing to travel to Connecticut!). I am so happy with everything, and would definitely use the same venue if I were to do it all over again.

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Sarah K

My husband and I were married at Water's Edge in June 2015 and words cannot describe how spectacular it all was. Starting from the planning process, Joanna and the entire team set our minds at ease and were totally receptive to our opinions while staying on top of all the little... Read More details. The day of the wedding everything was set up beautifully, the ceremony and reception were timed perfectly. Our butler during the reception was truly always there to help us as was the whole staff. The brunch the day after was phenominal and just what we needed. I would recommend Water's Edge to anyone who wants the most special setting and experience on their already magical day!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

I married the love of my life at Water's Edge on July 18, 2015 and it was a dream come true all the way around. Joanne was a wonderful wedding planner who made us feel comfortable and welcoming. She made everything so easy and stress free for us during the planning period.... Read More Everything went perfect from the ceremony to the cocktail hour to the reception. At brunch the next morning, all I heard from my guests were "that was one of the best weddings I've ever been to! Love the food and the hotel". Some of my guests, including us have already been back for a visit! I wish I could live that day over and over again. Thank you Water's Edge for everything!! Tom and Alicia Bakunis

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Lauren M

I cannot say enough great things about Water's Edge and our wedding coordinator, Joanna Anastasiou! She has gone above and beyond for Mike and I, and we are so happy that we chose Water's Edge for our wedding! The food is absolutely amazing, you can't go wrong with anything that... Read More you choose, and the convenience of having a hotel at the resort was very helpful for our out-of-town guests! From the valet to the servers to the management staff, everyone that we met was so kind and extremely helpful. Water's Edge is an amazing wedding venue and I'm so glad that we were able to work with such a dedicated and knowledgable wedding coordinator. I would absolutely recommend working with Joanna and celebrating your big day at Water's Edge, you won't be disappointed!

Wedding Vow Renewal

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 mark m

I will start off by saying …. I surprised my wife 18 yrs. of marriage with the vow renewal. The wedding coordinator was outstanding with every detail right down to the smallest one. Provided me with all professional vendors list.Their entire staff was extremely professional and... Read More helpful during every portion of our stay. The grounds were beautiful and the views of the sound spectacular. The dinner after the ceremony was 5 star and would also suggest having Sunday brunch there as well. The accommodations were perfect. This Resort is perfect for any type of event.

Meet The Manager