Waterview Loft at Port Detroit

Detroit, MI

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Downtown Sophistication on the Riverfront

Holding up to 400 of your guests at Downtown Detroit's newest one-of-a-kind venue, our sophisticated space is sure to please any wedding guest. We feature a modern second floor lounge with an outdoor terrace showcasing Detroit's riverfront as an extraordinary backdrop.

$$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

130 East Atwater St, Detroit, MI

Reviewed on 8/16/2015 Stephanie

we got married on 8/8/15 and to say the least, this was the most amazing wedding ceremony/experience I could have imagined! We booked well in advance (February 2014), and It was well worth the wait. We were told this was a "hidden gem" and a relatively new space, but since then... Read More I know it is becoming much more popular (rightfully so). From every wedding planning detail, to the day of staff, everything was ran so well! The space is BEAUTIFUL, the staff is hands down AMAZING- particularly how they are detailed oriented, organized, and on point with ensuring they are up to date with all the latest trends. Waterview Loft uses the best vendors in the metro Detroit area- particularly Emerald City Decor, Baked Impressions, and Bee Enertainment. My parents are sticklers for good service, good food, and organization- and they were equally as happy as we were! We did the duet plated dinner (worth the $ upgrade), and opted for about 115 guests. We also had the h'orderves, petite pastries for desseret, late night snacks, and the upgraded alcohol. ALL of which were amazing! Believe me when I say- everything was PERFECTION! The day of we (bride/groom) had our own servers/attendants the ENTIRE night ( not one thing to stress about), and the other servers & bartenders would even remember everyone's drink preferences. Further, the menu restrictions (i.e "veggie" or "no nuts") for our guests were carried out perfectly- the cooks and kitchen staff couldn't of done better. Our flowers were BEAUTIFUL and Emerald City was on point with our entire decor vision. I am not one to write reviews, but I just had to- in support of WVL and all their staff and contracted vendors. This is not an ordinary hotel, conference space, or church like place. This venue is above and beyond all the other wedding venues I researched/visited in the metro Detroit area. They have done their homework to ensure their bride/grooms (and all the guests) have the BEST experience ever! Worth every penny and dime. I HIGHLY recommended this venue to any bride/groom who is looking for a well organized, well "oiled machine", and trendy venue! I honestly cannot say enough about this place!

Amazing venue & service

Reviewed on 7/04/2015 Jenni C

Waterview Loft is an excellent venue! It is not a cheap place to have a wedding, but I really do believe that you get what you pay for - and we really felt it was well worth it! The venue itself is absolutely beautiful, the food is excellent, and the drinks are made well! (I... Read More loved that they serve bottled beer rather than draft beer). The day of our wedding, they had 16 waitstaff, 3 parking attendants and 3 bartenders - for only 150 guests! We had a plated dinner (filet and coriander chicken duet), and tables were served nearly simultaneously. No one was ever waiting for a drink. We had an amazing waitress assigned to our bridal party, and as soon as I set a drink down, she was bringing me another one before I even asked! The team is really great in coordinating and helping with planning. I really felt that they cared and that our wedding wasn’t “just another wedding” or a dollar sign to them. Like many brides, I changed my mind a lot (sometimes at the last minute) and asked a thousand questions. Lindsey was a lifesaver - she never seemed annoyed and was very quick to respond by email or phone. Both Lindsey and Michelle were also very professional in how they dealt with family members who asked for information we preferred not to share, or who tried to make changes we wouldn’t approve of - saving us from a ton of family drama! As an out of state bride, it was awesome not having to find or meet with tons of different vendors! The package we had included DJ services and an allotted amount for a cake and floral or decor. We ended up exceeding the amount for the cake and the floral; but the amount included with the package definitely helps. They also offer officiant services, a photo booth company and photography at an additional charge, but we found it more cost effective to use our own. They offer a lot of per-guest add-ons that are a nice touch. We added passed hors d’Oeuvres, passed petite pastry desserts, two craft beers in addition to the domestics, late-night sliders, and valet parking. In the end, we really felt that our wedding was truly unique, which was what we wanted most. Thanks to everyone at Waterview Loft for helping us make our day great!

Reviewed on 5/26/2015 Ariana B

I had never heard of the Waterview Loft but as soon as I saw photos I knew it was the perfect venue for our wedding. We wanted to have something cool and new and we would only look in downtown Detroit. This ticked off every single box on our check list. We signed the contract as... Read More soon as we saw it in person. We had a few hiccups in the early stages of planning but the team really worked together and with us to make sure everything would be perfect on the day of... and it was perfect! The venue really speaks for itself. Our guests walked in and were blown away to be in such a cool and different space. Thankfully the weather cooperated with us and we had complete use of the patio for our guests to really spread out during cocktail hour and the party. We only used the upstairs for dinner but the mix of the flowers and the exceptional staff at the facility turned that room into a dream. The food was outstanding, our guests were stopping me to tell me how delicious everything was. Any time I needed anything, any one of the 40 staff members were nearby with their radios and could radio to the right person to answer my questions. The longest I had to wait for a response was about 30 seconds. They were so attentive to our needs as bride and groom and in tune with what all of the guests wanted and needed. They even remembered details that I had forgotten we talked about during planning. Not a day has gone by that someone hasn't called to tell me how perfect the wedding was, how much they loved Waterview Loft, and how they hoped to be there for a future event. Our wedding day would have been perfect regardless because we were marrying each other but it was definitely enhanced by the perfect venue for us and the amazing staff who turned our dreams into a reality. I will be praising Jackie and Dawn for the rest of my life!

Great Customer Service

Reviewed on 11/12/2014

We have not booked a wedding venue yet but did a tour here and both sales girls are so professional and accommodating. Lindsay follows up quickly and continues to check on us to see the status of our decisions. She is even willing to give us another tour on a holiday weekend!!!... Read More I have been so impressed with the sales staff and applaud them for being so on-top of everything. Thanks for the great customer service!

Stunning wedding venue

Reviewed on 10/22/2014 Samantha T

My husband and I were looking for an upscale modern but very elegant venue, we wanted something different. Waterview was everything we were looking for and more! It made a huge impact with our guests! The staff was so wonderful and ran the entire event like a well oiled machine!... Read More We were blown away with how everything turned out! Not to mention our pictures from the wedding are gorgeous with the back drop and scenery Waterview supplies! Sam&jake

Waterview Wedding

Reviewed on 7/29/2014 Aly B

My husband and I were married here on 6/28/14 with 150 guests in attendance. Our day was wonderful and our guests are still raving about how beautiful the venue was, how tasty the food was, and how marvelous the service was. The preferred vendors associated with this venue... Read More (Emerald City Designs, Baked Impressions, Elysium Experience) all exceed expectations and worked impressively well together to coordinate all services smoothly. The venue itself is stunning; complete with new modern carpet and paint, nicely updated bathrooms, and surreal views of the riverfront. We found the facilities to be very clean and well maintained. The service team that ran the show on the day of was amazing and largely responsible for the success of our event. The bar and service staff were very quick and efficient, and appeared just outright happy to be there. Jackie was the operations manager responsible for our day (w one other whose name I forget now). These two were very attentive and communicated well to orchestrate all the vendors. I deducted 'stars' from this review due to the experiences I had while planning. While all the management/ coordination staff were very nice and eager to please, the communication and organization of the team was lacking. We were originally assigned a coordinator named Christy, who then was fired/disappeared. Then had a second Kathy who was a manager just subbing as my coordinator, then finally Dawn. During this shuffle we actually hired an outside planner to help us. Poor Dawn was in the difficult position of having to deal with all the impossible promises the first coordinator had made (byob rules, rehearsal times, several prices). On the day of several details that had been discussed at length went awry leading me to believe communication between the many "coordinators" was flawed. Despite the challenges I cannot express how kind the people were (especially Dawn), and how beautiful this place is. We would recommend this venue and it's team.

TO Waterview Loft at Port Detroit