Wedding dresses, bridal party dresses, and more!

The Wedding Shoppe is an award winning bridal salon located in Saint Paul, MN. Visit our store or shop online, and discover one of the largest selections of high-quality wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, accessories, and more. We are also an exclusive retailer of Kennedy Blue!

1196 Grand Ave, Saint Paul, MN

Got My Dress and Then Some

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 tiffany s

Great service, awesome shopping experience. I wasn't planning on doing any more than just browse, now we've gotten my dress, the tuxes, bridesmaids dresses, accessories and mob dress all at the Wedding Shoppe. Really is the one stop shop. I love my dress but wish I hadn't found... Read More it so quickly so I could have kept shopping - so fun and at such a fun, unique shop! Make an appointment, it's busy but only because it's the best place in town.

2015-04-21T08:27:48 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you! Shopping is fun, but finding the 'one' is even better. We'd absolutely love to see the final look--feel free to send us photos to [email protected] Thank you again for choosing us!

Stunning Selections

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Katie M

Prior to going to the Wedding Shoppe, Inc., I checked out a few places to get an idea of what I liked and didn't like. I found a dress that I fell in love with at another shop, but already had my appointment with the Wedding Shoppe, Inc., so I kept it, also to make sure that... Read More that dress was the one. A few days before my appointment with the Wedding Shoppe, Inc., I went online to look at their selection and found the dress I had fallen in love with. At my appointment, I asked about the dress. They didn't have it in stock, but could order it for me. I also learned, while there, that if I ordered that day (the same day as my first appointment with them), I would receive a percentage off (I don't remember how much). I had one more appointment that day, so I didn't order just then, but after my other appointment, I got a call from the sales associate I had been working with, to tell me that she was leaving for the day, but she added everything to my account, in case I wanted to order the dress. At that point, I knew that dress was the one. I ordered it over the phone right then. I was so impressed at their customer service from the very beginning. Even when I told them that I had another appointment, they encouraged me to go to it and see what else was out there. I appreciated that they didn't discourage me. Finding the right dress is such an important part of the process and they made it very enjoyable. So much so, in fact, that I brought my bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law there to purchase their dresses.

Reviewed on 10/01/2015 Crystal S

The Wedding Shoppe was the first place I went to try on wedding gowns. Overall I had a good experience, but would only give it 3.5 stars. I would not recommend going on a Sunday. Even though I had an appointment, my consultant was kind of on double duty at first and we had to... Read More wait a bit before she brought up the first dresses. I was told Sundays were the busiest days. My consultant Brittany was awesome and I would recommend her. I was very comfortable around her and she made great suggestions. We had our own private little room, which was very fun and cute! Unfortunately, their inventory is small, so all of the dresses I tried on were size 12 or above even though I am around a size 4. I found this very hard to get a good idea of the exact fit of the dress, even after pinning in the back. I found my dress at a different location.

2015-10-07T16:47:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! We understand that the Shoppe can be busy on the weekends, but are glad you still had a wonderful bridal appointment with Brittany. We generally carry 750+ bridal gowns in store that typically range in size from 8-12 so that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2015 Maggie Y

The lady helping was nice but I felt rushed and like she was being pushy. I did however find my dress there. Alterations ladies were SO helpful and sweet. The front desk receptionist were crabby and rude. They also had a ton of dresses but only got to try 2 on that I actually... Read More wanted to try on out of quite a few.

2015-10-07T16:48:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We’re sorry you received mixed service, but are happy to hear you found your dream dress. If you would like to discuss this further, please email [email protected] and we will get you in touch with our Customer Service Manager.

Reviewed on 9/19/2015 Heather S

Absolute worst customer service experience I've ever had at any business in my life. They never contacted me about my dress's arrival, got the wrong size, made me feel horrible about myself and accused me of gaining 3 inches everywhere on my body even though I have been at a... Read More consistent weight since I first tried dresses on. They ordered a new one, didn't tell me again, which by the way, they had each dress for an entire month before I finally heard about it because I called in and asked where it was. No email, nothing. My bridesmaid's dress was ordered there as well and they got her size wrong too. It is a foot too long and she has to hold it up so it doesn't slide off of her. They told her they don't do bridesmaid dress alteration and wont reimburse her for the alterations she wouldn't even need if these people actually knew what they are doing. More detail on my review found on Yelp.com

2015-09-24T08:58:41 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We reached out to our Customer Service Manager who was aware of the issues you addressed. We were happy to re-order the bridal gown in a different size at no charge to you. There is no excuse you did not... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Megan T

After three bridal boutiques, I came here as a last ditch attempt to find the perfect dress before I settled on a dress I didn't love. I had tried on 50+ dresses without finding "the one." This was partly because I am a Bridal Size 16, and while some shops have sample sizes big... Read More enough to try on, they usually don't have big enough samples in the majority of their dresses. My mom and I came in to The Wedding Shoppe without an appointment, and they were amazingly accommodating. The consultant that helped us gave us a room and her time, and she listened so attentively to us describe what we had been looking for and hadn't found. She brought in two dresses that were EXACTLY like what I had wanted and couldn't find anywhere else. Not only were they perfect, they were in my price range, and in a size big enough for me to try on!!! I fell in love with one of them and bought it that day. I cannot thank The Wedding Shoppe enough for their amazing service. They got a very frustrated bride to feel happy and excited again!

2015-09-15T13:37:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We are thrilled we could help you find the dress of your dreams! Best of luck to you with the rest of your wedding planning.

Reviewed on 9/09/2015 Jennifer E

I would not go to the wedding shoppe - i had my wedding dress altered there and it went from bad to horrible very quickly - we had to call in management to get the dress to fit semi correctly, - we were the ones who were saying where to alter the dress not the alterations women... Read More - i would NOT go to them again - the ruined my dress

2015-09-15T13:30:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We are sorry you had this experience. We have passed this on to our Customer Service Manager. If you would like to discuss this issue further, please email [email protected]

Reviewed on 9/08/2015 Rachel L

I found the most beautiful perfect dress for my wedding day here. I couldn't believe that it was something in my price range! She did a great job picking out options for me. I honestly loved every dress she brought in for me to try on. I wish I could remember her name but this... Read More was back in January. It was a complete zoo in there when we came for our appointment but they got me in pretty much right on time and once we got in the room and was very calm and I did not feel rushed at all. They had my dress is weeks before they had told me which I really appreciated. The reason they don't get 5 stars is because when I went in for alterations (which I was told would be extremely minimal and wouldn't cost over $250) I was so rushed I barely had time to get the dress on,she didn't explain to me at all how much each thing was going to cost she just started pinning me up. The bottom looked nothing like I wanted but I just felt so rushed I didn't say anything (my fault) But when you hear over an intercom that they are 5 other brides waiting to be fitted a long with a room full of girls waiting you feel like you have to hurry. They need to figure out better scheduling. Once she finished she started adding thing up on paper while I stood there all pinned and said it will be 600 some dollars,but I'll give you 75 off so it will be 580 or something. I almost died. I went from thinking it would be around 250 to almost 600 dollars!!! Trying not to cry I said ok and left. When I went to work and told everyone what they quoted me they said oh absolutely not you call them now and say no thank I will go somewhere else. I tried calling for 2 days,leaving messages both days. The last time I called I was put through to some manager who was very understanding but clearly was in no hurry to call me back. I ended up using another seamstress who was one of the nicest people I've ever met and only charged me $200. I recommend the wedding shoppe but beware of high costs!! Do your research. They do have a wonderful selection of dresses.

2015-09-15T13:37:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We understand our alterations department can get very busy at times and are glad you found someone to do your alterations that fit your budget. Congratulations on your recent wedding!

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Jennifer P

The wedding shoppe was the fourth location I visited in search for my wedding dress. Although they were extremely busy when I had my appointment, we were seen on time for our consultation and brought to a nice size room where my five guests could view dresses as I tried them on.... Read More I told the woman helping me the type of dress I was looking for and she showed up with five dresses that were all fantastic and in my price range. She was very helpful in making sure the dress was clipped so it fit nicely and making me feel special and comfortable. I found my dress within half an hour of being there, and I'm so excited to try it on again once it comes in. I can't say enough good things about my experience with them. I look forward to using them for my bridesmaids dresses and tuxes.

2015-08-25T20:00:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It's always exciting when a bride finds her gown so quickly, but when it's right, it's right! Can't wait to have you back for the rest of wedding party attire!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Rachel H

Don't bother paying for rush. They'll still deliver whenever they feel like it. I don't have the bridesmaids dresses I ordered and there is only 3 weeks until my wedding. I've called about my order numerous times and the only consistent answer I get from customer service reps is... Read More "I don't know." It should be customer service's JOB to find answers for their clients.

2015-08-10T11:43:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for this feedback. Our Customer Service Manager would love to speak with you. If you'd like to get in touch with her, please email [email protected] and we'll connect you immediately.

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Mallory S

The Wedding Shoppe was fantastic! They have an incredible selection of dresses, and the customer service was great! I would recommend The Wedding Shoppe to any bride-to-be!

2015-08-10T11:42:19 Response from the vendor

Yay! Thank you so much! So happy we gave you a wonderful experience, and we hope your October wedding is stunning!

beautiful dress, bad service

Reviewed on 6/28/2015 Brittany G

When I got engaged there was NO doubt in my mind that I was going to use The Wedding Shoppe. At first everything was going great, I found my dress, I was absolutely in LOVE with it, bridesmaid dress shopping with them was a breeze as well. BUT I was very disappointed at some of... Read More the customer service I received. My wedding was a few months away and I had heard NOTHING on the status of mine or my girls dresses. So I called in and asked about it, the girl on the phone was so rude and talking to me like I was an idiot. She told me my dress had been in for over a month already and that they had sent me an email, which by the way was not true, I actually check all my emails on a daily basis. Then I was told my bridesmaid dresses never got sent out to be ordered because the order got screwed up (which was fault of my bridesmaids not the shoppe) BUT they NEVER TOLD ME! So I then had to pay $20 per dress for rush shipping, I was NOT happy. A simple phone call would have been nice. I then go in for my first fitting, I was SO excited but it ended in tears. I am a very petite girl, I ordered a wedding dress size 4 (bridal dresses run small, I'm typically a size 0-2 in pants) So I put on my dress and it was TOO SMALL! couldn't even get it buttoned up. The staff helping me didnt even know what to do.. they tired telling me that they would have to order a new dress and it wouldn't be in until the end of April, my wedding was May 30th. Needless to say I left in tears, my fiancé then wrote and email to them about how they need to make right by me and get something sooner. I then got a phone call the next week and they had found the same dress in a size 6 and it would be here shortly (this is when the customer service finally started getting better) they got the dress in and it was huge on me, i refused to pay for any of the alterations to make it smaller, I was willing to pay for alterations that I wanted done that had nothing to do with the size. They agreed, the seamstress was AMAZING. You would never know the dress was huge on me at one point, she had to cut and resow lace, and it was seamless. Pure perfection! Fast forward its now the Thursday before the wedding, I had an appointment to pick my dress up at 6, I called and asked if I could pick it up sooner and the girl was SO RUDE on the phone. When I asked all she said was "nope" I then asked why since it was an in and out thing, it was paid for and I wasn't trying it on. All she said was "I don't know, but you can't" I then asked to speak with someone who would know the answer. The girl she transferred me to was the sweetest, let me come get my dress as soon as I wanted and assured me it was no problem. Although I love my dress, my family and I decided we won't be coming back here for my two sisters weddings. I work in customer service and I have zero tolerance for poor service, especially when I am spending so much money.

2015-07-15T15:51:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. It's unacceptable that you received poor--especially rude--customer service from a few of our team members. This review was passed on to our Customer Service Manager. We're happy that everything worked out in the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/25/2015 Rachel B

Terrible experience. If you want to receive your dresses on time I would not recommend The Wedding Shoppe. I didn't receive my bridesmaids dresses when promised. When I called after they were supposed to be shipped and at my door, The Wedding Shoppe only had three dresses in and... Read More I had to ask them to send them to me. Two other dresses were on their way and only one was up to standards, so they had to send the other one back. Then, 1.5 months after I was supposed to receive all the bridesmaids dresses, the final dress was sent to me and The Wedding Shoppe sent the wrong dress! I finally received the final dress two months after I was supposed to. Customer service was not nice (some employees were even rude) and they kept saying for those two months that it was the designer who was bad at returning calls. Maybe that is partially true, however I would think two months would be ample time to return calls. When we asked The Wedding Shoppe for a refund, even something small, because now a couple of my bridesmaids need to expedite their fittings and pay more, they told us that everything got fixed on their end and they would not give us a discount. Normally I'm a very calm person, but was stressing over getting these dresses in time and I would not want other brides to be in the same boat I was in. We have enough to worry about being brides!

2015-07-15T15:53:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We're very sorry for the stress you've had to deal with, and especially for any rudeness you may have experienced! That is unacceptable. If you'd like to discuss this with our Customer Service manager, she'd be more than happy to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/24/2015 Juliana H

I had a great experience at the Wedding Shoppe. My engagement was less than 6 months and the consultant I worked with knew exactly which dresses I could get in time to alter. She also picked spectacular dresses that were within my budget. I received tons of compliments on the... Read More Mori Lee gown I chose as well as the long cathedral veil I wore. They have great selection at all price points.

2015-06-29T13:26:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind review! We're happy to hear that we were able to help you find a dream gown, even with a time constraint.

Reviewed on 6/22/2015 Christina H

Weren’t ready for us at any appointment that we scheduled Woman helping with dresses was not very personable, didn’t seem like she wanted to be there, and sized all of us incorrectly…causing for all of us to need major alterations. Decided on dye-able shoes due to so many... Read More different silver/gray shoes. Some shoes were dyed in the wrong color, some were streaky and ruined. Mine got reordered without permission and I was told they would be in the correct color and they were lighter than everyone else’s shoes! 10 minutes into wearing my shoes, they BROKE! I called to see if I could get a refund and they said that may take a while and is up to the manufacturer…and they asked me to show some sort of proof that I wasn’t able to wear them… When items were in, no one received a call! We all had to call to see if items were in. Needless to say, I would NOT RECOMMEND this place to anyone!!!

2015-06-24T11:19:15 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Chrissy. It was passed along to our customer service manager, and it sounds like a refund was decided upon. We're very sorry for the color confusion. Unfortunately the appearance of certain colors will change based on indoor and outdoor lighting.... Read Less Read More

Bridesmaid Dress Stress

Reviewed on 5/19/2015 Jennie O

The Wedding Shoppe was pretty organized with getting my bridesmaid dresses ordered, and they even came in ahead of time. But the process itself was very rushed and didn’t feel very special at all. And then they messed up one of my bridesmaid’s orders and sent her the wrong size.... Read More They offered to alter it for free, which was really nice, but they didn’t finish it until THREE DAYS before the wedding, even though she went in multiple times to check on it. Needless to say, I was freaking out.

2015-05-26T10:35:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the feedback! We're sorry you felt the process was rushed. We try to help as many customers as possible in our bridesmaid department. It's very busy down there, and we often have one personal shopper working with two groups. This leads to... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/11/2015 Tasha W

My experience at The Wedding Shoppe was horrendous. The chaos started after The Wedding Shoppe already had my investment. I was told it would take a few months for my dress to come in and they would only hold it for a few weeks after its delivery. Towards the end of the... Read More delivery time frame, I called the shop since they had not called me ( as they were supposed to). The girl who answered berated me for not picking up my dress stating they had had it for over 2 months! I also chose the wedding shoppe for my bridesmaid dresses, as they had told me they would give the girls a substantial discount. Not only did they NOT give my girls the discount they promised, they also sized them 2 sizes too big (ALL 8 of them). They also told one of my bridesmaids that " she has an awkward body type" and proceeded to shame her into buying a size 10 dress ( did I mention she usually wears a size 2). They were unprofessional and rude.The biggest issue occurred only 6 weeks before my wedding. Again, we were past the time frame for delivery and I had heard nothing from The Wedding Shoppe. Upon calling, I found out that all of the dresses had been in for over 6 weeks, apart from one dress. This last dress was "in processing" and I was informed I should call back at the end of the week. I hung up and called back, getting a different customer service rep. This girl was kind enough to actually take a look at the order and confirm that my 8th bridesmaid dress was LOST! I was reassured a manager would call be back on Monday ( as apparently it's not important to have a manager on staff at 3pm on a Friday). Naturally I received no call on Monday and had to call them back. Once I finally got in touch with the manager on duty ( Meredith) she had absolutely no answers for me. They finally "found" the last bridesmaid dress and had it shipped to me, with barely enough time left to have it altered. Throughout this entire processes, the service was questionable and the staff was uneducated and unwilling to do their jobs. I know they have a nice selection of dresses but I recommend trying on what they have to offer and purchasing from someone else.

2015-05-26T10:31:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review, Tasha. We reached out to our customer service manager who looked into your feedback. According to the order history, Mori Lee did not place the final order on the 8th dress you mention. When this was discovered, we took the... Read Less Read More

Bridesmaid dresses

Reviewed on 4/17/2015 Victoria C

Great place to try on dresses with your party and have fun while doing it. the rooms were a great size and lots of variations or sizes and colors to get a good feel of dresses. We went with Bari Jay dresses at $120 each for my 2 bridesmaids. They were perfect on the wedding day.

2015-04-21T08:18:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We take pride in our large selection and low prices--it's exactly what brides want! Bari Jay was a great choice for the big day. Feel free to send some photos to [email protected]! We hope the... Read Less Read More

Great service and Selection

Reviewed on 4/09/2015 alyssa k

I worked with Sasenka (pronounced Sashka). She was absolutely fabulous. This was the fourth bridal shop I had been to. At all the others, I was asked to pull my own dresses, and was really overwhelmed. I showed her some pictures of what I wanted, and she went and pulled 5... Read More dresses on her own. I have to say that, when I saw them on the rack, I never would have picked them out. After trying them on, I LOVED them all! I ended up buying the first one I tried on. You could tell she had a really good eye and a design background. She listened and gave very good feedback. I would recommend this place to everyone and anyone! I did go on a Wednesday night, so I would recommend doing that as I have heard others who go on busier days don't have as great of experience.

2015-04-13T09:12:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you! Sasenka is incredible, isn't she? She always seems to find exactly what the bride wants--even if they don't know it yet! We agree that coming in on the weekends is a great idea if you want a quieter, boutique-like experience. Congrats on finding... Read Less Read More

terrible place

Reviewed on 3/24/2015

if you dont want to get screwed and have the worst customer service, do not go here!! please check peoples experiences with them..no matter what do not i repeat do not have anything altered!!! they will mess it up and re alter it and charge you each time they mess up!!!!... Read More witnessed it first hand!! 3 times it took to get it correct!!! charged apx 1000$ for there mistakes!! had no choice but to pay or couldnt get dress and wedding was in 2 weeks..get them out of business!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2015-03-27T16:45:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback. While we understand that alterations can be expensive, our customer service manager confirmed with us that a client has never spent $1000 on alterations since we opened in 1977. Also, if changes need to be made to an alteration, the... Read Less Read More

Not Impressed

Reviewed on 3/18/2015 Jill R

I visited the Wedding Shoppe for my bridesmaid dresses. I made an appointment a month out – but the only time available for the weekend of my choice was Sunday afternoon. The staff were clearly burned out from a long weekend when we came in for our appointment. We had three... Read More different sales associates help us as they juggled many clients. I had to tell each one of the associates the dresses we wanted to try on and each one had snarky comments about everything from dress color to wedding date. Finally, we got a dedicated sales person. My entire bridal party had to share one tiny dressing room. We had to stand in a crowded area in the basement and were always in the way of someone. It was very uncomfortable. Save your bridal party the headache and go somewhere that has a little more room and better customer service.

2015-03-27T16:41:52 Response from the vendor

So sorry to hear about this! While our weekends are busy, it's no excuse for lackluster consultants. Every one of our customers deserves the same, wonderful experience! This review will be passed along to our customer service manager for review. Feedback like yours allows us... Read Less Read More

Great place for wedding gown and bridal party

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 Amy P

I purchased my dress from the wedding shoppe and had a great experience! They were so accommodating from step one. Took the time to help me get the dress I wanted and the alterations were done perfectly! Everyone complimented my dress! It wouldn't have looked the same with out... Read More the alterations which took a lot with a lot of beadwork on my dress. They even sewed in a heart from my grandmothers wedding dress into mine at my request. Also helped me complete my look with hair piece and jewelry!

2015-03-27T16:39:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your wonderful review! We hope your wedding was everything you dreamed!

AMAZING alterations, AMAZING Dress!

Reviewed on 3/05/2015 Angela T

I cannot believe how easy it was to find my dress and get it fit. My dress was perfect- and I hate to say- but I looked beautiful thanks to the wedding shoppe! THEY ARE OUTSTANDING! Thank you so much!

2015-03-16T16:27:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Angela! Congratulations on your recent wedding!

First Dress was the One!

Reviewed on 2/09/2015 Heidi H

I was so impressed by the staff and the selection at the Wedding Shoppe! I brought in a few images I had printed off from Pinterest and the staff member found my perfect dress right away. While I felt incredible in the first dress I tried on, she encouraged me to take my time... Read More and try on other dresses and styles until I was ready to make a decision. I did not feel rushed or pressured into buy anything. While the original price of the dress was outside of my budget, she worked hard to get me a good deal so that I was able to afford it. I would recommend anyone looking for their perfect dress to check out this store.

2015-02-18T09:04:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! It sounds like your experience with us was everything we want it to be, and we're so happy to hear you found your dream dress. We hope you come back for bridesmaid gowns!

Great shop with great service!

Reviewed on 2/06/2015 Ashley C

I found out about the wedding shoppe from a coworker. I had been looking at a lot of different bridal shops and never found one dress that I liked enough to even consider trying on. I looked at the Wedding Shoppe's website and the very first dress I looked at I fell in love... Read More with. I went it and tried on roughly 6 dresses and the one I first looked at online was the dress for me. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. I highly recommend this shop to anyone looking to go outside of the usual generic shops.

2015-02-08T11:38:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Ashley! We're thrilled to hear you found your dream dress so quickly. Congratulations on your recent nuptials!

TO Wedding Shoppe, Inc.