1196 Grand Ave, Saint Paul, MN

Got My Dress and Then Some

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 tiffany s

Great service, awesome shopping experience. I wasn't planning on doing any more than just browse, now we've gotten my dress, the tuxes, bridesmaids dresses, accessories and mob dress all at the Wedding Shoppe. Really is the one stop shop. I love my dress but wish I hadn't found... Read More it so quickly so I could have kept shopping - so fun and at such a fun, unique shop! Make an appointment, it's busy but only because it's the best place in town.

2015-04-21T08:27:48 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you! Shopping is fun, but finding the 'one' is even better. We'd absolutely love to see the final look--feel free to send us photos to [email protected] Thank you again for choosing us!

Reviewed on 11/21/2016 Alicia M

My Wedding Experience: Here is our wedding experience working with The Wedding Shoppe. Buying My Dress: I had a bridal dress appt. in Feb 2016 which was absolutely perfect! I purchased my dress at this appt. and received it in May. Was an overall great experience. Buying our... Read More Bridesmaid Dresses: We purchased our bridesmaid dresses in Feb 2016 as well. Our appt. was less than desirable. Our consultant was new and offered no help as far as recommending dresses that fit my wedding season/colors. Prices were comparable to other bridal shops. Renting Grooms/Groomsmen Tuxes: I would not recommend using the Wedding Shoppe for your tux rental needs. Their were multiple complaints from our wedding party that the customer service was lacking and the employees were downright rude. They also "misplaced" measurements for two of the groomsmen, resulting in them guessing jacket sizes. We did end up speaking with a manager who despite all of our issues, only offered to give us $5 off each tux. This was a HUGE disappointment as we had already spent over $2000 on dresses beforehand.

2016-11-29T08:30:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We're thrilled to hear you had a wonderful bridal appointment and apologize your bridesmaid and tuxedo appointments weren't what you expected. We passed this along to our Store Manager who would be happy to discuss your concerns. Please email [email protected].. Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Chloe H

I found the perfect dress here after trying on just a handful of dresses! The staff here are so nice and helpful. I was/am in love with my dress, and the whole process was so easy because of how nice everyone is there.

2016-11-22T08:51:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! Shopping for your bridal gown is such an exciting time and we're thrilled we could be a part of that moment. We'll pass on your kind words to our team. Congrats on your recent wedding!

Reviewed on 11/18/2016 Katie H

When I went to the Wedding Shoppe for the first time, I had no intention of buying a dress, I only wanted to see what kind of styles I wanted. I bought a dress that same day and it was amazing. The woman who was helping me try on dresses was so thoughtful and she grabbed many... Read More different styles and took my input on those dresses to find me a style that was everything I was looking for and more. I also found my flower girl dress and bridesmaids dresses here. Let me tell you how hard it is to find good bridesmaids dresses in dark green - very hard! The Wedding Shoppe had the perfect dark green bridesmaids dress and this same dress also fit my very pregnant bridesmaid. I could not have been happier, thank you so much Wedding Shoppe!!

2016-11-22T08:48:58 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you for sharing your experience with us! We thrilled we could help you find, not only your bridal gown, but your bridesmaid and flower girl dresses too. Congratulations on your recent wedding. We're sure everyone looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Carolyn M

The Wedding Shoppe was my first stop in looking for a wedding dress. My consultant, Allie, was very helpful and attentive, and I didn't feel rushed. My disappointment was that I found out quite a few of the dresses on the Shoppe's website, are available through online order... Read More only. I wasn't about to blindly order a wedding dress online, so left my appointment feeling a bit shortchanged. I really wish I had known that ahead of time since the dresses I wanted to try on the most aren't sold in store. So, for any brides out there, don't spend too much time browsing the website before your appointment, or call the Shoppe to verify they carry specific dresses in store. Although they advertise a long list of brands, it doesn't mean you can actually try them on before buying. Needless to say, I bought elsewhere.

2016-10-25T08:53:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear Allie gave you the service you deserved. Unfortunately we can't carry every dress we have on our website in our store, and we're sorry you felt disappointment you couldn't try on several dress styles. We are... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/21/2016 Sara H

I had an amazing experience at the wedding shoppe! This was my third stop of the day and I was starting to get a little tired. Amber listened to what I wanted and picked amazing options for me to try on. She was also very patient with me as I was starting to run over on my time.... Read More She did an amazing job. I didn't think I would find my dress on the first day but I did! I can't speak highly enough of Amber and the rest of the team I met at the wedding shoppe!

2016-10-25T08:47:51 Response from the vendor

What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Shopping for your dream dress can get overwhelming at times and we're thrilled Amber gave you the service you deserved. We'll make sure or team sees your kind words, especially Amber. Congrats on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tricia D

I had a wonderful experience at the Wedding Shoppe. I found pretty much everything I needed to complete my bridal look. My consultant Rebecca was great! She was so patient, helpful and made the experience enjoyable. She was so helpful that I actually found my dress on day one... Read More of shopping! My bridesmaids also wore dresses from the Wedding Shoppe and I couldn't have been happier with the selection. We all looked fabulous on the big day!

2016-10-17T09:22:22 Response from the vendor

What a wonderful review! Thank you fro sharing your experience with us. We're thrilled you had wonderful appointments and that you found both your bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses! We're sure everyone looked stunning on the big day. Congrats on your recent wedding!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Elisabeth B

I got my wedding dress from the Wedding Shoppe, and my bridesmaids picked out different dresses from there as well. Overall, we loved the experience! It was great having a separate room to try on dresses with your loved ones, and the selection is amazing. It was nice that they... Read More work within your budget, and make you try on things that you wouldn't necessarily try on. That's what happened to me! I originally had a dress picked out, and then brought friends to see it before I purchased it. The gal helping me brought a few more "just for fun" and I ended up loving a different one more. Great customer service, and everything came in on time.

2016-10-10T10:28:51 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! What a wonderful review. We're thrilled you had a wonderful bridal and bridesmaid appointments. Thank you for sharing your experience and congrats on your recent wedding!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Lindsey F

The Wedding Shoppe is AMAZING!!!! I purchased my bridal gown within 30 mins and it was the best experience! Because of the wonderful experience, I also choose my bridesmaids dresses from them! My bridesmaids all chose their dress within 3o mins as well! Their consultants take... Read More all of the weight off of the bride's shoulders and somehow find exactly what you're looking for! I can't recommend them enough!!!

2016-09-20T14:18:43 Response from the vendor

Wow--what a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We thrilled to hear you found both your bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses in one day. Congrats on your recent wedding! We're sure you looked absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Ashley M

This was my very first dress trying on experience and I chose the Wedding Shoppe because I've heard people have had great experiences here. It was a late appointment on a Sunday and my sales associate double booked appointments. She brought in some of the dresses that I had... Read More requested and disappeared. My friend had to help me get into every single dress I tried on that evening. This was not the attentive appointment that I was hoping for. I would have rescheduled for a different date had I known that our time would be shared with another bride. There is a great selection of dresses at this store but the service was severely lacking during my appointment.

2016-09-20T14:14:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize you didn't have the bridal experience you expected. The Shoppe can get busy on the weekends, but that's no excuse for the lack of service you received. We passed this on to our Store Manager who would like... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kristi D

I had the best experience at The Wedding Shoppe! Carolyn was my consultant and she went way above and beyond what I would have ever imagined. I didn't even plan on going to this shop until I found that they were one of the only stores open on a Sunday and that was my only day... Read More that I was in Minnesota with some of my bridesmaids as I live inTexas now. I had no intention of purchasing bridesmaid dresses that day, but Carolyn pulled the perfect dress for my girls and I ended up purchasing my dress there as well, it was $800 less than the store I found it at in Houston and when you're planning a wedding the less I can spend the better. Thank you so much Carolyn and I cannot wait for my dress and the bridesmaids to get their dresses!!

2016-09-12T10:14:26 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! Carolyn is great to work with, isn't she? We'll make sure she sees your kind words. Congrats on finding your dream dress! It's such an exciting moment! And getting a great price on it is even better! We know you and you 'maids... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Anthony F

I had a wonderful experience at the wedding shoppe, all the dresses arrived on time and my dress was beautiful. I didn't go through them for alterations as they are a little overpriced but their staff was overall friendly and helpful.

2016-09-12T10:10:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're thrilled you had a wonderful experience with us. Congrats on your recent wedding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Ana B

Rented the groom's and all of the groomsmen tuxes from the Wedding Shoppe and they turned out perfect! They had a wide variety of different colors and styles of suits and tuxedos, and had affordable packages that included the shoes, shirt, bowtie/tie, accessories, etc. Many of... Read More the groomsmen were from out of town but they made it very convenient in terms of collecting measurements and pick-up times.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Amy K

I would highly recommend The Wedding Shoppe! From my first visit to my last I was treated with such warmth and respect. After awhile it felt as tho I was visiting a friends' home! The staff are all standouts! Every person I encountered was helpful, kind, and personable. Any... Read More questions I had were always answered very quickly. I got to know Nicolette over many phone conversations-she was wonderful. Willow was often the one to help me with my dress fittings. She was always so helpful and patient. Souk Chan, my seamstress, was amazing! She worked utter magic and my dress fit perfectly-without having to wear constricting undergarments! We decided somewhat late in the game to outfit some of our guys in tuxes. This was not a problem and was handled beautifully from start to finish by Julia. She was great to work with. If you want a personalized and awesome experience then The Wedding Shoppe should be your first and only spot!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Megan B

This was only the second bridal shop that I visited. I told the consultant that was helping me, some of the styles I liked. I tried on about five dresses, not loving any of them. I noticed a bride next to me trying on dresses that fitted my style a bit more. I asked my... Read More consultant if I could try on dresses more similar to those. She brought me a couple more. I tried on the first one and fell in love with it. One of the other consultants managed to find a sale on the dress and I knew it was meant to be! I appreciate that you have consultants working for you that really have a lot of knowledge on the merchandise that you are selling and the sales going on. It was a great shopping experience and I received so many compliments on my dress this past weekend at our wedding!

2016-08-22T11:00:24 Response from the vendor

What an amazing review--thank you! We're thrilled you had such a wonderful experience shopping for your bridal gown. We know it can be stressful and it sounds like your consultant really listened to find the perfect dress. Congrats on your recent wedding. We're sure you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Rebekah T

Found the perfect dress there!! The saleswoman was extremely helpful. The fittings went well. The only reason I have to give them a 4 instead of 5 is that something happened to the bustle button on my dress. It had been there as the seamstress showed it to me at one point, but... Read More day of, myself and two attendants spent 30 minutes trying to get the bustle where it should be because the bustle button was missing. It stressed me out! Other than that they were always very pleasant and accommodating!

2016-08-22T10:55:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! We apologize the bustle button was missing and that it caused you stress on your big day. Congrats on your recent wedding. We're sure you looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kelsi W

I recently visited The Wedding Shoppe to try on wedding dresses, and I could not be happier with my decision to shop here! Myself along with six friends and family members visited on a busy Saturday, but once we were lead upstairs to a private room it felt like we were the only... Read More people in the store. My consultant, Jamie, was beyond amazing! She made the appointment SO much fun and went out of her way multiple times to bring in veils, jewelry, and even kleenex when I found the perfect dress. You could tell she genuinely cared about how I felt in each dress. Thank you so much, Jamie! I would recommend The Wedding Shoppe to anybody looking for the perfect wedding dress and an awesome shopping experience - you will not be disappointed!

2016-08-22T10:52:21 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! It sounds like Jamie gave you the experience you deserved--after all, it's your wedding day. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, and we'll be sure that our Shoppe Team sees it too--including, Jamie. Congrats on finding your dream dress.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Niki W

The Wedding Shoppe did a wonderful job with providing our bridesmaids dresses, menswear and mother of the bride dress! When we had a last minute addition to our tux order, the menswear manager was very accommodating and helpful! Overall great experience

2016-08-01T10:36:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! Congrats on your recent wedding. We hope your wedding day was perfect and full of joy!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Aly P

I recently went to the Wedding Shoppe to try on wedding gowns, our attendant Jamie was awesome! She was attentive, and listened to my likes/dislikes - while still bringing me a few surprise dresses to make sure my favorite was "the one". We went on a busy Saturday, but once we... Read More got up to our private bridal suite it was perfect! It felt like we were the only ones there. She found me the perfect dress, that was BELOW my budget, and then gave a discount for first time customers. It was a fun experience, no stress - I would definitely recommend that brides make a trip to the wedding shoppe!

2016-08-01T10:35:27 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! Sounds like Jamie gave you the appointment you deserved - after all, it is your wedding day! Congrats on finding the dress of your dreams and we wish you the best with the rest of your planning!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Katherine P

The Wedding Shoppe was my first and only place I looked for my wedding dress. The main lobby was very busy with lots of girls when I arrived for my appointment. Once I was taken to my room to try on dresses, it was like I was the only girl in the store. The woman who helped me... Read More listened to what I was wanting and pulled dresses that fit what I was telling her and what she thought would look great. Their weekend hours made it so easy to pick up my dress once it was in since I live out of state. They let me take my gown with me so I could have it altered where I live. They made the dress shopping processes one of the easiest things about planning the wedding.

2016-07-26T10:24:15 Response from the vendor

Wow-thank you! We know it can get busy at the Shoppe and are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful appointment! Shopping for your wedding dress is such an exciting time and we're so happy we could be a part of the experience. Congrats on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lisa F

My bridal party had our money stolen by a different shop that shut down suddenly and without any contact back in December. Wedding Shoppe Inc was immensely helpful and kind during that incredibly stressful time. They accepted the dresses for us from the manufacturer, and only... Read More charged the cost to them for the dresses (since it was our second time paying for them). They even rush-ordered three dresses that were originally ordered incorrectly by the first shop, at no extra charge, and they shipped all of the dresses to me at no cost. On top of all that, they were incredibly sweet and wished us much better luck with the rest of planning. They were absolute life savers and clearly care about their brides.

2016-07-26T10:21:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation at the other bridal store, but are so happy we were able to take care of your order for you! Thanks for the kind words and congrats on your recent marriage!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Samantha R

Brides, beware. Do not fall into the trap that is The Wedding Shoppe in your search for a simple, cost effective method of ordering your bridesmaids' dresses. My experience started off well enough. The employee I was working with answered all my questions and guaranteed I... Read More would be notified if any changes were made to my order. With several girls all in different sizes and colors, it was very important to me to ensure all the details stayed in the correct places. When I received my order, one of the dresses was not the correct size. The order tag had the correct size printed on it, which was then crossed out in black pen and the incorrect size was written next to it. Since this appeared to be an obvious mistake on their end, I called customer service to figure out how to initiate the exchange for the size my girl ordered. At first, the employee told me the correct size was ordered and had been sent. When I explained I received the dress in the mail and it was definitely too small, she offered to look further into it and call me back the following day. I got a phone call a few minutes later stating she suddenly found the change and approval in the notes on my account. After several calls back and forth, The Wedding Shoppe has informed me they will do absolutely nothing to correct this mistake and I still don't have an answer to why a change was made to my order without my knowledge, and without my bridesmaid requesting it. The customer service here is pathetic - the employees and managers are condescending and will do whatever they have to do to cover their mistakes. Having worked in customer service and management for years I happen to know that interrupting and talking over your customers on the phone and avoiding giving actual answers is the worst way to handle an issue like this. I had three more dresses ready to order through The Wedding Shoppe, but my remaining bridesmaids and I will definitely be taking our business elsewhere. Fortunately for me, I ordered the first set with time to fix The Wedding Shoppe's mistake, however, I have to go somewhere that will actually get it right this time.

2016-07-06T10:06:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We apologize for any confusion and poor customer service you received. One of our Customer Service Representatives worked with your bridesmaid on changing her dress size and missed changing the size in the ticket. We apologize this was missed and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Alicia M

Such a great experience - knowledgable and friendly staff, good selection and offerings for many price ranges

2016-06-27T10:47:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

Seriously one of the easiest parts of the whole wedding process. I wish I could remember the girl's name who helped me. She was so great at helping determine what looked best on me. I ended up going with the first dress she brought out! Lovely little shop with great service.

2016-06-20T10:53:46 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! We're thrilled you had a wonderful appointment and that you found your dream dress. We're sure you will look stunning on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Amber L

Wedding Shoppe INC In St Paul on Grand ave is the place to be. They carry beautiful dresses for all sizes. Service is great, fast turn a rounds for dresses to come in. Highly recommend them

2016-06-14T10:57:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate it more than you know. Congrats on finding 'the one!'

Start a Conversation!