1196 Grand Ave, Saint Paul, MN

Got My Dress and Then Some

Reviewed on 4/20/2015 tiffany s

Great service, awesome shopping experience. I wasn't planning on doing any more than just browse, now we've gotten my dress, the tuxes, bridesmaids dresses, accessories and mob dress all at the Wedding Shoppe. Really is the one stop shop. I love my dress but wish I hadn't found... Read More it so quickly so I could have kept shopping - so fun and at such a fun, unique shop! Make an appointment, it's busy but only because it's the best place in town.

2015-04-21T08:27:48 Response from the vendor

Wow, thank you! Shopping is fun, but finding the 'one' is even better. We'd absolutely love to see the final look--feel free to send us photos to [email protected] Thank you again for choosing us!

Reviewed on 9/18/2016 Lindsey F

The Wedding Shoppe is AMAZING!!!! I purchased my bridal gown within 30 mins and it was the best experience! Because of the wonderful experience, I also choose my bridesmaids dresses from them! My bridesmaids all chose their dress within 3o mins as well! Their consultants take... Read More all of the weight off of the bride's shoulders and somehow find exactly what you're looking for! I can't recommend them enough!!!

2016-09-20T14:18:43 Response from the vendor

Wow--what a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We thrilled to hear you found both your bridal gown and bridesmaid dresses in one day. Congrats on your recent wedding! We're sure you looked absolutely stunning!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Ashley M

This was my very first dress trying on experience and I chose the Wedding Shoppe because I've heard people have had great experiences here. It was a late appointment on a Sunday and my sales associate double booked appointments. She brought in some of the dresses that I had... Read More requested and disappeared. My friend had to help me get into every single dress I tried on that evening. This was not the attentive appointment that I was hoping for. I would have rescheduled for a different date had I known that our time would be shared with another bride. There is a great selection of dresses at this store but the service was severely lacking during my appointment.

2016-09-20T14:14:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your feedback! We apologize you didn't have the bridal experience you expected. The Shoppe can get busy on the weekends, but that's no excuse for the lack of service you received. We passed this on to our Store Manager who would like... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/11/2016 Kristi D

I had the best experience at The Wedding Shoppe! Carolyn was my consultant and she went way above and beyond what I would have ever imagined. I didn't even plan on going to this shop until I found that they were one of the only stores open on a Sunday and that was my only day... Read More that I was in Minnesota with some of my bridesmaids as I live inTexas now. I had no intention of purchasing bridesmaid dresses that day, but Carolyn pulled the perfect dress for my girls and I ended up purchasing my dress there as well, it was $800 less than the store I found it at in Houston and when you're planning a wedding the less I can spend the better. Thank you so much Carolyn and I cannot wait for my dress and the bridesmaids to get their dresses!!

2016-09-12T10:14:26 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! Carolyn is great to work with, isn't she? We'll make sure she sees your kind words. Congrats on finding your dream dress! It's such an exciting moment! And getting a great price on it is even better! We know you and you 'maids... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Anthony F

I had a wonderful experience at the wedding shoppe, all the dresses arrived on time and my dress was beautiful. I didn't go through them for alterations as they are a little overpriced but their staff was overall friendly and helpful.

2016-09-12T10:10:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're thrilled you had a wonderful experience with us. Congrats on your recent wedding!

Reviewed on 9/06/2016 Ana B

Rented the groom's and all of the groomsmen tuxes from the Wedding Shoppe and they turned out perfect! They had a wide variety of different colors and styles of suits and tuxedos, and had affordable packages that included the shoes, shirt, bowtie/tie, accessories, etc. Many of... Read More the groomsmen were from out of town but they made it very convenient in terms of collecting measurements and pick-up times.

Reviewed on 8/28/2016 Amy K

I would highly recommend The Wedding Shoppe! From my first visit to my last I was treated with such warmth and respect. After awhile it felt as tho I was visiting a friends' home! The staff are all standouts! Every person I encountered was helpful, kind, and personable. Any... Read More questions I had were always answered very quickly. I got to know Nicolette over many phone conversations-she was wonderful. Willow was often the one to help me with my dress fittings. She was always so helpful and patient. Souk Chan, my seamstress, was amazing! She worked utter magic and my dress fit perfectly-without having to wear constricting undergarments! We decided somewhat late in the game to outfit some of our guys in tuxes. This was not a problem and was handled beautifully from start to finish by Julia. She was great to work with. If you want a personalized and awesome experience then The Wedding Shoppe should be your first and only spot!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Megan B

This was only the second bridal shop that I visited. I told the consultant that was helping me, some of the styles I liked. I tried on about five dresses, not loving any of them. I noticed a bride next to me trying on dresses that fitted my style a bit more. I asked my... Read More consultant if I could try on dresses more similar to those. She brought me a couple more. I tried on the first one and fell in love with it. One of the other consultants managed to find a sale on the dress and I knew it was meant to be! I appreciate that you have consultants working for you that really have a lot of knowledge on the merchandise that you are selling and the sales going on. It was a great shopping experience and I received so many compliments on my dress this past weekend at our wedding!

2016-08-22T11:00:24 Response from the vendor

What an amazing review--thank you! We're thrilled you had such a wonderful experience shopping for your bridal gown. We know it can be stressful and it sounds like your consultant really listened to find the perfect dress. Congrats on your recent wedding. We're sure you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Rebekah T

Found the perfect dress there!! The saleswoman was extremely helpful. The fittings went well. The only reason I have to give them a 4 instead of 5 is that something happened to the bustle button on my dress. It had been there as the seamstress showed it to me at one point, but... Read More day of, myself and two attendants spent 30 minutes trying to get the bustle where it should be because the bustle button was missing. It stressed me out! Other than that they were always very pleasant and accommodating!

2016-08-22T10:55:57 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! We apologize the bustle button was missing and that it caused you stress on your big day. Congrats on your recent wedding. We're sure you looked beautiful!

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Kelsi W

I recently visited The Wedding Shoppe to try on wedding dresses, and I could not be happier with my decision to shop here! Myself along with six friends and family members visited on a busy Saturday, but once we were lead upstairs to a private room it felt like we were the only... Read More people in the store. My consultant, Jamie, was beyond amazing! She made the appointment SO much fun and went out of her way multiple times to bring in veils, jewelry, and even kleenex when I found the perfect dress. You could tell she genuinely cared about how I felt in each dress. Thank you so much, Jamie! I would recommend The Wedding Shoppe to anybody looking for the perfect wedding dress and an awesome shopping experience - you will not be disappointed!

2016-08-22T10:52:21 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! It sounds like Jamie gave you the experience you deserved--after all, it's your wedding day. We appreciate you taking the time to leave this review, and we'll be sure that our Shoppe Team sees it too--including, Jamie. Congrats on finding your dream dress.... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Niki W

The Wedding Shoppe did a wonderful job with providing our bridesmaids dresses, menswear and mother of the bride dress! When we had a last minute addition to our tux order, the menswear manager was very accommodating and helpful! Overall great experience

2016-08-01T10:36:55 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the wonderful review! Congrats on your recent wedding. We hope your wedding day was perfect and full of joy!

Reviewed on 7/31/2016 Aly P

I recently went to the Wedding Shoppe to try on wedding gowns, our attendant Jamie was awesome! She was attentive, and listened to my likes/dislikes - while still bringing me a few surprise dresses to make sure my favorite was "the one". We went on a busy Saturday, but once we... Read More got up to our private bridal suite it was perfect! It felt like we were the only ones there. She found me the perfect dress, that was BELOW my budget, and then gave a discount for first time customers. It was a fun experience, no stress - I would definitely recommend that brides make a trip to the wedding shoppe!

2016-08-01T10:35:27 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! Sounds like Jamie gave you the appointment you deserved - after all, it is your wedding day! Congrats on finding the dress of your dreams and we wish you the best with the rest of your planning!

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Katherine P

The Wedding Shoppe was my first and only place I looked for my wedding dress. The main lobby was very busy with lots of girls when I arrived for my appointment. Once I was taken to my room to try on dresses, it was like I was the only girl in the store. The woman who helped me... Read More listened to what I was wanting and pulled dresses that fit what I was telling her and what she thought would look great. Their weekend hours made it so easy to pick up my dress once it was in since I live out of state. They let me take my gown with me so I could have it altered where I live. They made the dress shopping processes one of the easiest things about planning the wedding.

2016-07-26T10:24:15 Response from the vendor

Wow-thank you! We know it can get busy at the Shoppe and are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful appointment! Shopping for your wedding dress is such an exciting time and we're so happy we could be a part of the experience. Congrats on... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Lisa F

My bridal party had our money stolen by a different shop that shut down suddenly and without any contact back in December. Wedding Shoppe Inc was immensely helpful and kind during that incredibly stressful time. They accepted the dresses for us from the manufacturer, and only... Read More charged the cost to them for the dresses (since it was our second time paying for them). They even rush-ordered three dresses that were originally ordered incorrectly by the first shop, at no extra charge, and they shipped all of the dresses to me at no cost. On top of all that, they were incredibly sweet and wished us much better luck with the rest of planning. They were absolute life savers and clearly care about their brides.

2016-07-26T10:21:48 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We're sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation at the other bridal store, but are so happy we were able to take care of your order for you! Thanks for the kind words and congrats on your recent marriage!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Samantha W

Brides, beware. Do not fall into the trap that is The Wedding Shoppe in your search for a simple, cost effective method of ordering your bridesmaids' dresses. My experience started off well enough. The employee I was working with answered all my questions and guaranteed I... Read More would be notified if any changes were made to my order. With several girls all in different sizes and colors, it was very important to me to ensure all the details stayed in the correct places. When I received my order, one of the dresses was not the correct size. The order tag had the correct size printed on it, which was then crossed out in black pen and the incorrect size was written next to it. Since this appeared to be an obvious mistake on their end, I called customer service to figure out how to initiate the exchange for the size my girl ordered. At first, the employee told me the correct size was ordered and had been sent. When I explained I received the dress in the mail and it was definitely too small, she offered to look further into it and call me back the following day. I got a phone call a few minutes later stating she suddenly found the change and approval in the notes on my account. After several calls back and forth, The Wedding Shoppe has informed me they will do absolutely nothing to correct this mistake and I still don't have an answer to why a change was made to my order without my knowledge, and without my bridesmaid requesting it. The customer service here is pathetic - the employees and managers are condescending and will do whatever they have to do to cover their mistakes. Having worked in customer service and management for years I happen to know that interrupting and talking over your customers on the phone and avoiding giving actual answers is the worst way to handle an issue like this. I had three more dresses ready to order through The Wedding Shoppe, but my remaining bridesmaids and I will definitely be taking our business elsewhere. Fortunately for me, I ordered the first set with time to fix The Wedding Shoppe's mistake, however, I have to go somewhere that will actually get it right this time.

2016-07-06T10:06:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We apologize for any confusion and poor customer service you received. One of our Customer Service Representatives worked with your bridesmaid on changing her dress size and missed changing the size in the ticket. We apologize this was missed and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/21/2016 Alicia M

Such a great experience - knowledgable and friendly staff, good selection and offerings for many price ranges

2016-06-27T10:47:03 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 6/17/2016

Seriously one of the easiest parts of the whole wedding process. I wish I could remember the girl's name who helped me. She was so great at helping determine what looked best on me. I ended up going with the first dress she brought out! Lovely little shop with great service.

2016-06-20T10:53:46 Response from the vendor

Wow--thank you! We're thrilled you had a wonderful appointment and that you found your dream dress. We're sure you will look stunning on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 6/11/2016 Amber L

Wedding Shoppe INC In St Paul on Grand ave is the place to be. They carry beautiful dresses for all sizes. Service is great, fast turn a rounds for dresses to come in. Highly recommend them

2016-06-14T10:57:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the kind words! We appreciate it more than you know. Congrats on finding 'the one!'

Reviewed on 5/30/2016 Liz P

I went here because I had enjoyable experiences when I was a bridesmaid in the past, but as a bride organizing everything for my bridesmaids, this was all but enjoyable. I called ahead to set up our group order and appointment because I have bridesmaids that are not in the Twin... Read More City area. An individual in the "Sales and Support" department then called me at least 3 times a week for two weeks to confirm I still wanted a group order. Each phone call, I reassured them that I did since I had out of town bridesmaids potentially ordering at any time and we had an in-store appointment in two weeks. A few out of town bridesmaids ordered their dresses online with the link sent to me by The Wedding Shoppe, and after calling the store, they had no record of their orders. When we arrived for our appointment early as they requested, we then had to wait about 25 minutes until we were helped. After all of the ladies were measured and sent upstairs, our group order was not on file. We had to wait an additional 15 minutes for the group order to be entered into the computer - really? The service was dismissive, pushy, and rushed, and after an hour (I was told a 20 minute appointment would suffice for 4 ladies), we finally left. One bridesmaid received a dress that didn't fit, so when she went back to the store to talk about ordering a new one with the return form provided in the original box, she was told "The number doesn't work".

2016-06-01T11:01:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We apologize for all the phone calls you received and that you had to wait for your appointment. The Shoppe can get busy at times, especially on the weekends. Once an order is complete, we have to manually enter the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Morgan B

Bridal Consultant Jamie (and Cindy from the Bridesmaid dept) was AMAZING! My family was treated like royalty in a nice private room, instead of a large open space where 10 brides are competing for a mirror. It was great and so personal! Jamie closely listened to what I... Read More envisioned for my dream dress. Jamie pulled dresses independently (which made me nervous I didn't get to point out dresses I liked!) but she was so spot on that Dress #1 was THE ONE! She allowed me to try on 10-15 more dresses to ensure I didn't second-guess my choice. She stayed below my budget, and even pulled dresses a few hundred dollars less than my max budget, which I appreciated. There were SO many options! She refused to let me worry about what time it was, joked with my family, bent over backwards running around the store to find me Kleenex/ perfect veils/ belts/ and even cup sizes to try on with my dress! Jamie made me feel like a bride for the first time, and I couldn't be happier to have found my dress with her help! I live in Boston and Jamie made the shipping process a piece of cake. This experience was 100x better than the experience I had at a boutique. Thank you Jamie!!!! Cindy from Bridesmaid Dept was wonderful!!! She searched for bridesmaid dresses I had seen online, and while my sisters were trying them on, she asked me what I imagined for my bridal gown (my appt was next!). When I showed her pictures, I was so disappointed to find that not all gowns on The Wedding Shoppe website were in store-- and neither was my "dream dress." During the bridesmaid appt, to my shock, Cindy went above and beyond to find a newer style of the "dream wedding dress" that they did have in store, and brought it right down to the bridesmaid dept to see if I liked it! She even set it aside for my appt, and came in to check on me during my bridal appt! While the "dream dress" was not the "one", I was so surprised at the excellent customer service Cindy provided! Everyone we encountered at The Wedding Shoppe was happy, calm despite being so busy, and so helpful! Highly recommend!

2016-05-02T15:41:08 Response from the vendor

What an amazing review! We're thrilled you had wonderful appointments and that you found your dream dress! We'll make sure Jaime and Cindy see your kind words. Congrats again. We're sure you will look stunning on your big day!

Reviewed on 4/08/2016 Meagan W

Very helpful and patient, I found a dress off the rack and they were able to give me 10% off the price knocking it down into my budget!

2016-04-11T10:38:48 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 3/22/2016 Taylor Z

I worked with the Wedding Shoppe for my bridesmaids dresses. The consultant that helped was over booked and had both our large party and another party to find dresses for, so she wasn't focused. We were not shown very many options but did end up going with one. When we finally... Read More got our dresses, she had measured incorrectly on ALL of my bridesmaids dresses. They are all at least two sizes too big. And they make you sign something when you buy that you are okay with the sizing they are doing. So there is nothing we can do about it. Too bad we trusted her.

2016-03-28T12:36:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We apologize your appointment wasn't what you expected. Most dresses require some sort of alterations, but it's uncommon they all are too big. We've passed this on to our Customer Service Manager who would like to discuss this further with... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/14/2016 Chelsea G

I have been to the Wedding Shoppe multiple times for different weddings I was in, and to go wedding dress shopping for a friend. It is usually hectic and unorganized. This time I was here to try on dresses with my bridesmaids in my wedding and it was AMAZING! The only reason the... Read More experience was so much better this time was because of ASHLEY LYLE! She is seriously the best and made the entire situation smooth from start to finish. I was dreading the experience due to previous times I'd been there. She was knowledgeable, flexible, wasn't pushy, was extremely nice and patient. Since I had a specific color each girl needed she was diligent in making sure the colors of the dresses were exactly what I had been picturing. She even reviewed every single girl's name and the dress she was ordering with me which I have never seen done here. She also reassured me that I could call back if I have any questions and said thank you! I would highly recommend going to the Wedding Shoppe IF you have Ashley to pick out bridesmaid dresses.

2016-03-14T15:47:19 Response from the vendor

Wow! What an amazing review! Ashley is great, isn't she? We'll make sure she sees your kind words. We're sure your bridesmaids will look beautiful on your wedding day!

Reviewed on 3/12/2016 Kinsey B

I was a little nervous at first after reading some reviews.. but I am so pleased with my purchase! I purchased 4 bridesmaids dresses online from another state. I called and placed the order over the phone. They shipped 15 days earlier than expected and there were no flaws with... Read More the order! They were quick to respond to any questions I had. Great discount with no tax and shipping!

2016-03-14T15:47:54 Response from the vendor

Reviewed on 3/07/2016 Laura H

Had two appointments here, one to narrow down the dresses with my MOH and then the entire bridal party! We had such a fun time with Carolyn T. We ended up purchasing a dress that we didn't have on our list to try on! Carolyn had suggested we try it on and we all fell in love... Read More with it. We went on a Saturday and they were very busy. They were all so diligently working to give everyone their divided attention! Highly recommend this store to anyone looking for a great experience and a HUGE selection of wedding and bridesmaid dresses!

2016-03-14T15:49:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We understand how busy it can get on the weekends and are thrilled to hear you had a wonderful appointment. We'll make sure Carolyn sees this. Thanks again!