Westin Columbus

Columbus, OH

Inspired by the latest styles and trends, as well as your unique tastes, our Westin wedding specialists meticulously attend to every detail of our guests' special day. With personalized attention, our experts enable the guests of honor to simply revel in the joy of all celebration.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel

Food + Catering, Planning

310 S High St, Columbus, OH

Everything I could have asked for AND MORE!!

Reviewed on 9/15/2013 Rebecca K

I was raised in Columbus, but have lived in Manhattan for almost the past decade. After being away for so long and knowing the level of service and quality of service that is expected and provided in New York I was very apprehensive about having my wedding in my home town not... Read More knowing any vendors firsthand. All of my vendors aside from my invitations were from local Columbus vendors . . . and in the end the only vendor I had a problem with was the one that was New York based! The Westin, Linsey Bruce in particular, spent countless hours planning and ensuring my event was PERFECT. She went above AND BEYOND anything I could have possibly asked for. From ensuring the food at my kosher-style event was better tasting then any non-kosher event I have ever attended, to trying a new format with the room that she had never done (that ended up perfect) to make me happy, to helping us with our overlays, answering my 5 billion phone calls and emails, making sure we did not miss any detail and ensuring the actual evening was PERFECT, I have never in my 8 years being in a client facing role dealt with anyone and any staff with such a level of professionalism and is so good at their jobs. The Westin is literally the Pierre of Columbus and I would recommend it to anyone and EVERYONE. My lighting (who was done by an external vendor, Keith Davis at PSAV, who the Westin uses exclusively for lighting and draping) was something all my guests were talking about. The food was EXCELLENT and creative -- the chef went above and beyond to think of creative non-meat alternatives for us, and our guests were wild about all of our choices. The turnover of the ballroom was flawless, quick and organized. The service, servers, bar tenders, hotel desk staff, etc. were beyond accommodating and nice. I could not have asked for anything more! My wedding was PERFECT... and I am a perfectionist who does not use those words lightly. Thank you to Linsey, Keith, Elsie and everyone else at the Westin for making sure our wedding was perfect!!

April 18th wedding

Reviewed on 4/24/2014 Caitlin C

I was married at The Westin Hotel on April 18th. I couldn't have imagined my wedding anywhere else. From the first time we walked in there I knew it was where we were going to be married. The staff there was great and kept in touch with me though out our long engagement ( a year... Read More and a half) I started off with Craig and he emailed me back with all my hundreds of question I had in the beginning. From there we got in touch with Linsey who was incredible. No matter what sort of questions I had, day or night, I got a response. She also was able to remind me of little details that I would forget. Even the valet was great. They remembered the names of my wedding party and family the entire weekend! The ballroom was put together so beautifully without having to worry about a thing on the day of. I was continuously checked in on by Linsey and her staff and informed about everything taking place that day. The room (presidential suite) that I stayed in the night before and night of was great! Huge and beautiful. I will definitely be staying at The Westin again and would recommend anyone to stay there or celebrate their wedding there! I couldn't imagine my wedding being anywhere else or going any smoother.

Beautiful Ballroom, Great Location

Reviewed on 3/26/2014 Lily H

For a beautiful traditional wedding in a historic landmark, check out the Westin on High. Not only is the venue wonderful, but the staff was great! While the pictures of the venue are gorgeous, you really must go to the Westin and experience the whole place. One of the most... Read More important features for us about this location is the presence of only one ballroom. This means on your wedding day, you will not be listening to another party's music. In addition, the venue was one of the few hotel venues that included the alcohol in the food price. Speaking of the food, the four dishes we tried were delicious! Not to mention the delicious sides we got to choose from. Honestly, I was concerned when Linsey told me they had a new chef. Once we had the food, those concerns flew out the window. During our tasting we tried four entree and four starches. The choice was not easy but the peppercorn crusted filet melted in your mouth and the sun dried tomato pesto salmon was so meaty. Even our children's meal was great; one of the groomsmen even stole some mac & cheese. The food and venue are not the only places I have to compliment the Westin. Their staff, especially Linsey and Craig, were fantastic. Prior to our event, we emailed Linsey (and sometimes Craig) about everything. We asked them so many questions from what sequence works best for the reception to cancelling a room for one of our guests. Only slight inconvenience for our guests was we had to change the type of rooms in our block. However, Linsey was very quick in adding/changing rooms. They genuinely catered to us as if we were their one and only priority. All of inquiries were answered very promptly (1 - 3 days) prior to the wedding. Afterwards there were times when it took a litle longer, but that is expected. On the actual day, Linsey and the banquet staff moved with our DJ and speech time. Despite a detailed schedule on when main entree would start, we definitely went ahead of schedule. I can only credit our banquet manager, Elsie for why I was able to enjoy my reception. Our cupcake was delivered for our guests without my needing to remind anyone. They had our faux cake stored for us to pick up the next morning. Now alcohol, our bartender was amazing! I was concerned with only having one person tending our bar, but I shouldn't have been. My guests gave me so many compliments about her. How she had a drink ready for repeat guests and could make so many different types of fun drinks.

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Ellyn F

WOW! What more can I say? What an amazing place to have a wedding. Not only is the Westin the most beautiful event space in Columbus, but they were so easy to work with as well. The whole planning process was a breeze, and the day of our reception was amazing. If you want a... Read More venue where you can relax and enjoy your OWN wedding, choose the Westin. They made me and my family feel so at ease through the process of planning the special day. Also, a special thanks to Camela Jones, who went above and beyond to make our day as beautiful as it was. I highly recommend the Westin!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015

Our daughter's wedding ceremony and reception were held here. I can't say enough about the venue, food and staff. Camela Jones, the wedding coordinator/specialist is second to none. Her knowledge, professionalism and excellent client relations made this a wonderful... Read More experience. The ballroom set up manager, her banquet captain are very special people. Their attention to detail and client service are extraordinary. Chef Luis is first class. People are still raving about the food. You cannot go wrong having a wedding and/or reception here. Marcia J Harris

Reviewed on 9/30/2015 Jackie U

Surprised by my experience based on all these great reviews, but my fiancé and I decided to take our business elsewhere based on the poor customer service we received from the Westin coordinator. Not responsive and when she did finally respond (after multiple tries) the response... Read More always came off SO rude. I tried to call thinking maybe she had better phone etiquette, but never was able to talk to her. She certainly did not go out of her way to get our business and it was quite sad because I was in love with the ballroom. My fiancé and I did not feel good about giving them our money and the uncertainty of having to spend the next year with someone that difficult to work with. The coordinator at the hotel we decided to go with instead has been so amazing and helpful and has made the experience so fun and enjoyable! I am so glad we made the decision that we did. Customer service goes a long way!

The Entire Package!

Reviewed on 8/31/2015 Paige J

This hotel provided the entire package to us. We did the ceremony and reception here. The package included everything including service,staff, set-up, dinner,and alcohol. You're also provided with an event coordinator for the wedding when you book so a wedding planner isn't... Read More entirely essential. We hired a "day-of" wedding planner just to tie in the loose ends on the actual day which actually was very helpful! The bridal suite is complimentary for the wedding night but if you want to get ready in the suite (hair, makeup etc) you'll have to book for Friday night as well which adds to the bill considering that the Presidential suite is the most expensive room in the hotel. The entire venue was beautiful and the service was top-notch. While not the best budget wedding venue for us it was worth every penny and would do it all over the exact same way.

Gorgeous Venue

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Deidre S

We had both our Ceremony & Reception in the Grand Ballroom, and it was nothing short of amazing! The room itself is so beautiful, hardly any extra decor is needed. Linsey helped make our big day perfect beginning to end.

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Natalie D

I used The Westin Columbus for my wedding this past August and everything was truly perfect! Linsey and the entire Westin staff went above and beyond to make my entire wedding experience one to remember! Linsey was so easy to communicate with, she would always reply to my many... Read More emails right away and literally listened and followed through with every one of our requests. The Westin Columbus is a well oiled wedding machine! I know they do so many wonderful weddings and we could tell by their precise service and excellent care. The best part is I did not feel like 'just another wedding' to them, I could tell they really cared for us and every staff member we met were genuinely kind, it was so awesome! It is such a great feeling to look back at our wedding and smile because not only was The Westin Columbus a beautiful venue but a truly awesome experience! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

The Westin Works!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014 Sara H

Comfortable accommodations, great convenient location, the front desk and room service staff were awesome. The room block price made it more reasonable compared to other hotels downtown. It's so pretty in there! We blocked rooms there for my brother's wedding and ours!

Thank you, Westin!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Sarah b

The Westin was amazing!! We could have not asked for a more perfect venue for our wedding and reception. Upon first seeing the space and meeting with the Westin staff, (Craig and Linsey are the event coordinators), we knew the Westin was right for us. The hotel itself is... Read More beautiful, with marble floors, warm lighting, and stained glass windows--breath taking! Craig and Linsey were very professional, yet fun and easy to work with. The entire staff was flexible and worked closely with us on every detail: We were able to modify and personalize anything and everything we wanted, and each staff member worked hard to make sure not only my husband and I, but all of our guest, had all they wanted or needed. The ceremony and reception went off perfectly, and all the small, personal touches and details meant so much. I can honestly say there is nothing more I would have wanted--we are forever grateful for the Westin and its amazing experience and staff--espcially Linsey and Craig!! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!! Sarah and Sehul xoxo

Thought of everything

Reviewed on 8/01/2014 meg k

My gosh, you guys. The staff at the Westin Columbus were absolutely perfect. I was pretty clueless when it comes to wedding planning, and Linsey Bruce (Event Manager) was the most helpful and easy to work with person I've encountered in a long time. She made smart and valuable... Read More suggestions, she had the day running perfectly on time and beautifully orchestrated, and I cannot think of a single way in which it would have been easier. She really thought of everything and guided me through a process that I had formerly considered too intimidating to touch on my own. We are still getting compliments on the food, the staff, the atmosphere, the wedding itself. I chose the Westin because it is stunning inside, and I wanted a place that would be all-in-one (I did not want to deal with outside vendors or coordinate any more pieces of the puzzle than I absolutely had to). Our guests are still talking about the service delivered by the Westin. If I had to do the whole thing over, I would choose the Westin again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed on 7/14/2014

Could NOT have been any happier with our experience working with the Westin Columbus. Professional and organized, our reception went like clockwork. We had 30+ rooms of guests and every single person said their stay was wonderful. The hotel made them feel welcomed and the... Read More amenities were plenty to where they didn't have to leave the property!!! Guests still bring the evening up to us when we see them!! The historic ballroom is absolutely beautiful, it provides a form of elegance that cannot be found elsewhere in central Ohio. We did a plated dinner which was also wonderful. Linsey Bruce was our coordinator on location for the Westin. She was great to work with and we knew everything would work out great in her hands. She was very organized, explained everything clearly, and was very helpful with suggestions. The evening and experience will be looked back on with amazing memories. Thank you Westin Columbus for the wedding reception of our dreams!!!

Wow Westin

Reviewed on 7/02/2014 Claire G

We selected the Westin as our ceremony and reception venue. It was very important us that our guests experienced a transformation from the ceremony to the reception and that they did not feel like it was "just another hotel wedding." I can honestly say they took my breath away... Read More and the whole presentation truly exceeded our expectations. The grand ball room is beautiful, in its own right, so I also found it nice that decorating with flowers/table numbers, details etc. was best simple and understated. This was great on my budget but it did not appear we spared any expense! The staff was phenomenal. They went above and beyond catering to our needs and the event team: Craig Temblay and Linsey Bruce are wonderful/so easy to work with! The food was delicious/hot and memorable. My guests are still commenting on how beautiful the event was and how pleasant/professional the entire service staff was. We evaluated a number of potential venues and from the beginning the Westin really stood out. We would highly recommend this venue to anyone and we could not be happier with our wedding experience. Start to finish .. this beautiful hotel and staff made our wedding dreams come true!! Kudos, Westin! You have an extremely happy/loyal customer for life!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Rachel Y

This venue is a fairy tale, and there are not enough words that can express how happy we were with our decision in choosing The Westin. We checked in of Friday the weekend of the wedding, and everything was perfect till Sunday at checkout. Everything went smoothly without a... Read More hiccup, and The Westin and Linsey Bruce made sure of it! The Hotel/ball room are just gorgeous and everything we had dreamed our wedding to be. We had lots of food options(cheese/meat station & late night snacks), and from what we had time to eat was amazing, and the guests loved it too! Even though they are a full service venue, I hired a wedding planner to assist me with everything due to my school/work schedule. Linsey and her worked together towards the end, and the day of it was so nice to see Linsey check in often and make our night so special! I would do this weekend all over again, because the hard work that everyone put into it was beyond my expectations! We put passion and hard work to everything we do, and it was heartwarming to see others perform that way for us. I can't wait for the next time we get to go to The Westin!

SO happy we chose the Westin for our wedding!

Reviewed on 5/30/2014 Kristin M

We were married at the Westin in April and had such a great experience!! Linsey Bruce is so great to work with and the Westin staff in general was fabulous. I am type A and ask 5000 billion questions and Linsey quickly answered all of them and put me at ease. She is super... Read More responsive, organized, and resourceful. I also worked with Craig a bit in the beginning and he is great too. Although we had a wedding planner, I think if you had your ceremony at the Westin too, you really wouldn’t need one! We had many compliments on the food (especially the scallop appetizers and mahi mahi for the entrée) and the drinks, as well as the service. Anna, who is the head of catering, was awesome. The only small issue we had was more with the front desk staff and them forgetting to hand out Welcome bags but Linsey swooped in and helped the situation! Advice for any brides/grooms- recommend your guests to book suites ASAP. They book up fast and are only $20 more to upgrade. The standard rooms are pretty small. Also, get the upgraded lightening- it’s so worth it in that room! We were also happy that we did the brunch. We looked at many other hotels downtown to have our wedding at and for the price and the elegance of the room, I really don’t think you can beat the Westin! We are so so happy we got married at the Westin and would highly recommend it!!

Exceeded My High Expectations-Magnificent Experience

Reviewed on 3/13/2014 carrie s

The WESTIN exceeded at everything. We have many out of town guests, this was our venue for both the wedding and reception. The day we contacted the WESTIN to book our date, we sat down and discussed packages (what came with each) and options. I was relieved at how very clear... Read More the set pricing is so NO Surprise up-charges or extras. We were given options for any needed upgrades and the staff went above and beyond to make this day the best of our life. The tasting to plan our menu was an event in itself, my parents were so pleased and excited, none of us could wait, the food was beyond anything "wedding" experience I have ever had, and it’s truly the best food at any fine dining restaurant. I have a special diet which they accommodated without a blink, they are Gluten Free in everything, and the food itself was 5 star rating, while they made my food special, they never gave up quality and taste. I wanted a Fruit Presentation on a dessert table because i don't eat sugar, and they made an amazing fruit tree it was spectacular, ornate and set as beautiful addition in the ballroom. We had our wedding and reception in the Ballroom. This room is set apart from any other. Its marble floors, mirrored wall, stained glass windows, amazing drapery, and the lighting is trimmed around the room perfectly, everything is sparkling and the room needs no decorations. The WESTIN provides the centerpieces, table linens, chairs, all glassware, flatware, china, bar, etc...Oh yea that's included in the set pricing. Our guests and we were treated like royalty, by every staff member. We were shown the reception rooms before guests were let in to make sure it was set to our standards, and again they exceeded and continued to impress me with the details. The cocktail area is outside the ballroom, and on the balcony, which is a beautiful scene of the hotel and is picture perfect. The WESTIN also holds only 1 party on that level, so no "crashers". We were granted the presidential suite for our wedding night and surprised with complementary champagne and fruit in our room when we returned with a beautiful card. The morning after we also arranged for breakfast/brunch before guests left. Special dietary requests again, all accommodated with ease and perfection, the staff had it set beautifully, and nothing lost with their attention to detail, while giving excellent service. It was a worry free experience, and not any issue, except our own when we realized we did forget the Challah (blessing of the bread) and Linsey the wedding planner, ran across the street to the kosher deli and found us some. Now that is some dedication and customer service! I want everyone to have the perfect wedding like us! The WESTIN delivers, hands down the Very Very best in everything. Feel like a Queen and King, it’s once in a lifetime! We sure did, and our guests still rave about their experiences there as well. It’s the worry free, attention to details, and sparkle that make this place the very best choice, and honestly, there is no competition. The WESTIN and Staff are in a League of their own!

Outstanding Venue

Reviewed on 2/25/2014 Dina F

We held our bridal shower and wedding reception at The Westin Columbus. Throughout the entire process we and our guests were treated as royalty by the staff; especially Linsey our Event Coordinator exceeded our wildest dreams with vast options and suggestions from previous... Read More outstanding venues. The staff professionalism was unsurpassed. We would highly recommend The Westin Columbus for all of your event needs. Our special thank you to Linsey, Craig, and the staff for a wonderfully rememberable event.

Westin - beautiful venue and wonderful service

Reviewed on 1/20/2014 Lauren F

I had my wedding ceremony and reception at the Westin. Everything was PERFECT! Linsey did a phenomenal job planning and assisting in all the details of the day. I felt like she took the time to get to know us and help us plan a day that was just for us. The ballroom speaks... Read More for itself, it is breathtaking; however, it is the personal service that sets it apart. Everyone at our wedding complimented the food and drink. This is not your typical "wedding food" it was delicious. It was a plated dinner where everyone was served quickly. The wait staff and the kitchen staff were fantastic. As soon as I walked into the room I knew I could see myself getting married here. Still I could not believe how beautiful it looked the day of the wedding. My mom had worked on various little details to personalize the wedding and Linsey made sure they were all put in the right place. Linsey even made it a point to get my mom early to show her the room before all the guest came in. It was a small gesture that meant a lot to my mom and is a prime example of how Linsey went out of her way to make our day perfect. During our reception my cousin pulled my husband and I aside. He introduce us to a couple that just stopped by as they were celebrating their 10th anniversary. They were married at the Westin Dec. 27th, 2003 and said they had the most perfect day, loved the Westin, and just wanted to wish us all the best. They gave us a twenty and said the first celebration drink was on them. My husband and I have already said we will do this for our ten year. Just another example of how special a venue to have your wedding!

Beautiful Ballroom, Excellent Service!

Reviewed on 1/05/2014 Allie V

My husband and I recently got married at the Westin Columbus. We worked with Linsey Bruce who did a great job making sure that all of our needs were met and our day ran smoothly. Everyone says that something is bound to go wrong at your wedding and I can say that we had... Read More everything go perfectly. The ballroom at the Westin is beautiful and does not require a lot of your time and effort to make look pretty. The staff is professional and friendly and did a superb job at the wedding reception. Our one issue was with our guests making reservations through the hotel. We were given a wedding hotel reservation rate and some guests had issues booking rooms in the wedding block and at the price discussed. All issues with the hotel reservations were resolved prior to the wedding but was it was an unnecessary headache when we could have been focusing on other wedding details!

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Melissa H

Everything was wonderful, the food, the staff, the ballroom, the hotel rooms. The only issue we had was working with Linsey's schedule. She was not flexible. So if you go with this place, make sure you work with Craig, he is great!

A perfect wedding day!

Reviewed on 11/05/2013 Atalie S

The Westin Columbus, combined with our other vendors gave me and my husband the perfect wedding day! Linsey was great to work with from meal choices, to scheduling our tasting on a Saturday even though she had a wedding that day, to working out the seating chart, letting me... Read More rearrange where our seating card table was, giving me advice in just about anything I asked her! The venue speaks for itself- gorgeous, elegant and timeless. Wedding day was perfectly executed, staff took care of breakdown and putting our cards in the bridal suites safe and gifts in the room. From morning to night when we had champagne and strawberries, the Westin knows how to throw a classy, tasteful and elegant affair.

Day after wedding brunch

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Christina K

My husband and I got married on September 1st of this year. Al though we did not have our ceremony and reception and the Westin we did stay at the Westin on the night of our wedding along with our friends and our family. With the amazing help of Linsey Bruce all of our rooms... Read More were properally reserved, clean and very comfortable. When my husband checked in they said they no longer had the corner king suite available and they had to upgrade us to the presidental suite! Wow! It was beautiful and such a nice surprise. Linsey had chocolate cover strawberries and champagne delivered to us. What a sweet heart! The following morning we held a brunch in the lobby of the Westin. We had an omelet station and once again Linsey coordinated everything perfectly. We actually had extra guests attend the brunch and they were able to accomidate everyone very quickly. The only complaint I would have is that the front desk did not pass out our welcome baskets to our guests as they arrived for check in. It's unfortunate that my in laws went through the hasstle of making the baskets and they were probably just thrown away. Over all it was a good experience and if I were planning an event I would be sure to ask for Linsey Bruce, she made the experience so amazing and less stressful. THANK YOU LINSEY!

Richey-Betts 2013

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 cherie r

I cant say enough good things about the The Westin 1) The Ballroom is amazing...beautiful enough to stand on its own which allows you cut down the decor budget.. cause it aint cheap but so worth it 2) The service is 5 star bartenders remember your guests drinks and are... Read More mixing them as soon as they arrive at the bar ( many of my guests commented on this) 3) Linsey is the current event manager and she is amazing ! She returns emails in a timely fashion and is very hands on with her brides and she knows the bridal business in Columbus. I said to my new hubby I cant image she treats all of her brides like this! The Pinnacle of customer service 4) The food was great, they go out of their way to season to the taste of the bride and groom...we like flavor and they delivered the Prime Rib was the best I have ever had !

Wonderful Experience with The Westin

Reviewed on 10/02/2013 Gracie W

Both my ceremony and reception was hosted at The Westin, and I am happy to report that both were flawless. Especially given the fact that the event staff had to flip the room during cocktail hour, the overall effect and details alike were everything I'd hoped they'd be. My... Read More mom was very involved in planning since I was out of town for the majority of my engagement, but she was very impressed with Lindsey (the event manager at The Westin) and the rest of the staff. Although I interacted with them less, I also found them very easy to work with. I highly recommend using The Westin as your venue. And don't hesitate to host both the reception and ceremony there! I had misgivings at first, but it ended up being so much less stressful for me and for my guests to stay in one, beautiful place.