Whitby Castle at Rye Golf Club

Rye, NY

Book Your Wedding with Whitby Castle at Rye Golf Club

A BALLROOM IN RYE, NY

Nestled among the expansive lawn and the lush fairways of the Rye Golf Course in Rye, New York, Whitby Castle provides couples the chance for a wedding and reception in the lap of luxury. Surrounded by an expansive 126-acres of natural beauty, this stunning 19th-century mansion offers up a level of class and elegance above most other venues for a unique, truly memorable wedding.

The stylish décor and picturesque scenery is well complimented by the venue's menu of continental European favorites. Couples have their choice of holding their ceremony and/or reception in either of the following spaces.

The Main Ballroom. With panoramic views of the beautiful grounds and the nearby Long Island Sound, this stylish, spacious ballroom can accommodate 300 guests for cocktails and 250 seated with dancing. Old world elegance abounds and any ceremony or reception here will be unforgettable.

The Terrace. Overlooking the lush green fairways of the well-manicured, championship golf course, the Terrace provides a breathtaking setting for a lovely outdoor reception. Alternatively, if you desire an outdoor ceremony, the atmosphere is ideal. This space has a maximum capacity of up to 200 guests.

Receptions at Whitby Castle require the use of the in house caterer for both food and beverage service. Each wedding banquet includes a champagne greeting and cocktail hour, as well as hot and cold hors d'oeuvres. The meal is served banquet-style at stations, although it is still a traditional sit down dinner. The caterer will work closely with the couple to ensure that any special dietary needs are met and a number of vegetarian entrée options are available.

All wedding packages also include complimentary valet parking, coat check and use of the dance floor and bridal changing room. The venue provides all tables and seating, linens, glassware, flatware and china. Couples are provided with their own personal wedding planner to help coordinate their day.

Amplified music, both live and DJ, is allowed indoors only and must end by 1 a.m. Smoking is only permitted outside in the designated areas. The event coordinator must approve all decorations in advance and the use of birdseed, confetti or glitter is strictly prohibited.

The staff at the Whitby Castle understands that the most important thing is the happiness of the couple. The wedding and reception should be memorable and relaxing for the couple and their guests, which is why the venue offers all of the following additional perks.

• Custom designed wedding cake with various fillings and flavors
  • Personalized food stations
  • Custom made ice sculpture
  • Sommelier selections with specialty wines
  • Shuttle service to assist guests from parking area
  • Audio and visual equipment is available (for a fee)

A Fairy Tale Setting for Magical Events

Whitby Castle is set on 126 acres overlooking the Long Island Sound in Rye, NY. This timeless turn-of-the-century castle boasts breathtaking views of Milton Harbor and grandiose ballrooms all while being secluded on a manicured golf course.

Ballroom, Waterfront, Country Club, Castle, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

330 Boston Post Road, Rye, NY (914) 777-2053

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Violetta F

Everything was absolutely perfect. I met with Janet last September and booked the venue right on the spot. The communication was very easy and everyone was very accommodating. Any questions I had Ralph & his team were very quick to answer. Whitby is a beautiful venue, but the... Read More team there really makes your wedding even better. The staff was so professional and there for anything you needed. The food was unbelievable, everyone was amazed with how great the food was. I had not one fault at Whitby and I would 100% recommend it to any bride and groom who want to get married here. I can't thank the team at Whitby enough for making my wedding everything I dreamed it would be. They truly deserve 10 stars!!!

Reviewed on 9/12/2017 Daniella C

This past Saturday we celebrated our wedding at Whitby Castle and the experience was over the moon. Ralph, Miguel, Wilson, Katie and every single waiter and waitress were an absolute pleasure to work with and were incredibly attentive to myself and husband throughout the entire... Read More night. They orchestrated a flawless ceremony and even helped me with my veil when the wind blew it off. The food was delicious and the bartender was very good at keeping the bar moving with speedy service. Katie made sure we both ate and packed up goodie bags for us to take home of all the food. I decorate cakes on the side and Ralph arranged for me to come decorate my cake which was so special to me. The venue itself is open, airy, bright and speaks for itself. The high ceilings and multiple windows give great natural lighting and the room is very pleasant to be in. We had about 155 guests and when the dance floor felt hot the staff immediately adjusted the temperature for us. The cocktail area was on the back deck and has a gorgeous view of the golf course and was very spacious with more than enough room for high and low tables and the stations. The cocktail food was delicious! We had lamb chops, gazpacho shooters, bacon wrapped scallops, mushroom quiches and risotto balls were the favorites. For dinner we had the chateaubriand , chicken and salmon as options and all were very good. Ralph let us drop off our decorations the week of the wedding and made us so comfortable for the day of. We would definitely recommend this venue!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Danielle S

Went to my friends wedding on Sunday 8/27/2017 and it was amazing. The food, waiters and venue was fantastic

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Kristen K

My new husband and I had our wedding reception at the Whitby Castle on August 18th - and it was nothing short of perfect! All of our guests continue to comment on how amazing the food was, how beautiful the castle/grounds were, and what a great time they had! Ralph was beyond... Read More wonderful to work with - anything that we asked for was taken care of immediately. We, along with our entire wedding party, showed up a little earlier than expected and still we were welcomed immediately into the chapel room and bridal suite and catered to with food and drinks. My husband and I would fully recommend this venue to anyone - it's probably the best decision that we made in our entire wedding planning process! Thank you so much to Ralph and his crew!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Isabel D

We had a fantastic time at our wedding a couple of weeks ago and were so pleased that we chose to have it at Whitby Castle. Ralph was wonderful to work with and we received so many compliments from our guests about the venue. The food was delicious and our cake was awesome.... Read More We had the cocktail hour outside on the deck, overlooking the golf course. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend having a wedding reception at the castle, it was awesome!

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Jon H

We got married here on 8/11/17, and simply put this place was Amazing. The venue is beautiful, the food was great, and best of all the crew was incredible. Ralph and his team were awesome, and they made the whole day stress free and fun. We had a blast, and our guests have not... Read More stopped telling us how nice it was. Highly recommend this venue!!

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Jennifer B

My husband and I recently got married and had our reception at Whitby Castle. The venue itself is truly magical and the castle was the perfect setting for photos. Both Ralph and Janet were fabulous to work with. They quickly answered emails, returned phone calls and were willing... Read More to fulfill every request. On the day of our wedding, everything was executed flawlessly. The ballroom looked stunning and all of our signage, candles and favors were set up perfectly. Because we were taking photos, we missed part of our cocktail hour. Ralph was thoughtful enough to personally bring us some of the food we missed during cocktail hour. The staff truly went above and beyond in every way and exceeded our expectations. Our guests raved about everything from the excellent service, the beauty of the castle, to the delicious food. Thank you to the staff of Whitby Castle for allowing our dream wedding to become a reality.

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Michele L

We cannot say enough great things about this venue. Everything about it, from it's stunning exterior and interior, to the delicious food, to the absolutely fantastic staff. Ralph goes above and beyond, and is a complete delight to work with! Choosing this venue was the best... Read More decision we could have ever made! As soon as you pull into the driveway of Whitby, you'll agree!

Reviewed on 8/09/2017 Robert C

Whitby Castle is an amazing venue for a wedding as the castle provides a beautiful backdrop for the wedding ceremony and photos and the staff (especially Ralph) were so enthusiastic and supportive through the whole evening. My husband and I got married there on July 15, 2017 and... Read More it was everything we wanted for our wedding and so much more. Ralph was nothing short of fantastic as he listened to every concern and question we had and helped to make our wedding memorable. The staff at Whitby Castle made our guests (and us) feel as though we were family. Our family and friends were very impressed by the beauty of Whitby and by the service provided before, during, and after the wedding. My husband and I highly recommend that you visit and strongly consider having your wedding at Whitby Castle.

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Diana B

What can I say that has not already been said about the Castle. My husband and I got married there on Oct. 28, 2016 and it was everything I wanted in the wedding and more. Ralph was the most amazing person ever; he listened to every weird question I had and made that night... Read More perfect by working with me. The moment the ceremony started to the last song played was made perfect by the staff there. Every one of my quests were very impressed by the beauty of the Castle plus the service they received while attending the wedding. If you want top notch service in one of the most beautiful places in Westchester, look no further!

Reviewed on 7/11/2017 Ken B

The Whitby Castle venue and the Lessings team are top notch. You cannot beat the atmosphere, quality of service and quality of food for your money than what Whitby provides. We looked at several venues and as soon as we saw Whitby and what they offer in person it was a... Read More no-brainer. Ralph, Janet and their team are very easy to work with and you never feel pressured. Ralph knows what he is doing and will personally make every effort to ensure you are comfortable. They were able to accommodate specific requests for us with no problem, and went above and beyond to ensure we were happy and that our guests left happy. The service throughout our photos, cocktail hour and reception was great and the night flowed smoothly, exactly how it was supposed to. The venue speaks for itself as a perfect space for a wedding reception. The food is excellent and they offer a very large selection. Ralph and his team operate professionally and smoothly and will ensure you and your guests are comfortable. We had a fantastic time and have only heard positive feedback from our family and friends who attended our wedding reception. Ken & Sabrina 6-11-17 Wedding

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Kristen F

I don't even know where to begin - but from the second we booked Whitby Castle, until the second we left our wedding night, the staff, food and service was impeccable! Janet answered any questions I had in the days leading up to the wedding and Ralph was absolutely amazing the... Read More day of our wedding. We even had guests ask "where we got him" because he accommodated anything and anyone who needed something. I absolutely recommend Whitby Castle for your fairy tale day.

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Danielle T

We had our wedding at Whitby on April 22, 2017 & we couldn’t have been happier in our venue choice. After looking at a few venues in Westchester, Hudson Valley and NJ, we chose Whitby because of its beautiful ballroom and outdoor decks. We originally booked with another sales... Read More mgr which worried us a little bit, but Janet was great! She was able to sub out a few of the wines & vodka for things that we thought our guests would like more, at no cost. They also allowed us to bring in bottled beer, in addition to what they had on tap, which was great. She answered any questions we had via email very quickly. About a month out, we started working with Ralph, their Maître D . Ralph was a pleasure to work with! You can tell he has done this for a while and knew how to make things go smoothly. Planning the details or our day with him was easy, we couldn’t have asked for a better, more attentive host. He was also very responsive to any of our requests via email. Our Captain on the night of our wedding, Will, was also amazing! He continuously asked if we needed anything and was always there to direct us as to what was next or even fill up our drinks. The main reason we booked at Whitby was because the indoor rooms were beautiful. We knew it would rain on our wedding, so we wanted a room that wouldn’t make us sad if we had to use it for the ceremony. We had them set up the white chairs in the ballroom, which would later become the dance floor. The room was set for 140 guests and it didn’t feel crammed and it was still beautiful, with the big windows overlooking the course and the LI sound. The patio for the cocktail hour was a little crammed without being able to use the outdoor tables due to the rain, but we had 140 people and it wasn’t too bad. It’s also heated, partially enclosed and had cute little lights hanging. The cocktail hour food was plentiful and delicious! They gave us so many options to pick and each one we had was great. Our guests couldn’t stop raving about all of the choices. The food during the reception was delicious, none of our guests complained and had nothing but great things to say about the dinner. The wedding cake was delicious and we chose the passed desserts as an addition, everyone loved the ice cream sandwiches. We had a band play the reception and they had plenty of room for all 7 of them to set up and we never felt like it was too crowded. Our only minor worry on our wedding day was that we were originally told ‘it’s our castle for the day’ so when I showed up at 2pm there were still guests there from a prior event that morning, it was kind annoying because as we started taking photos around 3pm, the guests were coming through the photo ops. Due to the fact it was raining, we couldn’t really get outside to get away from the customers in the castle. Also, by 4 the ballroom wasn’t set and they were still setting up decorations by the time we started rehearsing at 5 – which worried us a lot since our guests were to start arriving at 5:15. The pub is also open to golfers until 8pm every weekend from April – Fall, which we didn’t know either. Luckily there weren’t many golfers in there due to the rain. Ultimately, it wasn’t a big deal, because everything seemed to go off without a hitch, but it was kind of worrisome that day, since I like to have everything in place far in advance. If we could have a do over we would totally pick Whitby again. Everything besides the rain was amazing. Thank you all so much!

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Terri B

We were so pleased with our NYE wedding reception held at Whitby Castle! The night was truly magical and went off without a hitch, due to Ralph and the entire Whitby staff. They were very attentive and accommodating. The venue itself is gorgeous and very different than a... Read More traditional banquet hall, if you want something a little more romantic. We had about 230 people at our wedding, and we fit great in the ballroom. The food was fantastic, and our guests are still raving about it! It was an amazing night, thank you Whitby!!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Jessica F

Where do I begin? The place itself: Whitby Castle was I believe the 2nd reception venue my husband and I looked at (in person). Obviously, the outside is GORGEOUS which was a huge win... but also the inside was EXACTLY what we wanted. I was very picky about the types of carpet... Read More and chairs I wanted for my reception. Basically, Whitby won me over immediately with their gorgeous hardwood floors (no ugly carpets) and Chiavari chairs. The ballroom is amazing however, to us it seemed like a blank canvas therefore, my husband and I spent a lot of money decorating it and making sure it was personalized. We didn't think this was a bad thing though, we actually loved the fact that we were able to make this place our own. It was also extremely accommodating that they allowed us to decorate (which took hours - not even talking about the flowers that were delivered by shop, just our stuff we brought from home alone) the day before because we had a Friday wedding. I would recommend anyone doing a Friday wedding here because that to me was a huge relief itself. Another huge plus is that your wedding is the ONLY wedding there. You do not have to share your day with a few other weddings and hundreds of guests in another room celebrating someone else's marriage. Whitby Castle gives you access to the entire place and it is just for you. They even allowed us to get ready there (in bridal suite) ALL day long from 8AM until when the reception ended which was 12AM. Very accommodating. They also allowed our guests to leave their cars overnight. The dance floor is HUGE as well! Food: AMAZING. "Best steak I ever had" numerous people told us during and after the wedding. Staff: Ralph and Sean are awesome. Since day one always assisting and always making sure my husband and I were happy. Very accommodating. Anything you need/want as long as it's reasonable of course.. he was able to make it happen. Ralph was "behind the scenes" at the wedding and made sure everything went smooth! Thank you so much for all the hard work - our day was truly amazing. We are very thankful to the staff and everyone who made our day perfect!!!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Rose G

Simply amazing! We found Whitby in Westchester magazine as well as the Knot. We deposited shortly after when we attended their bridal showcase. At that time, we had only been to one other venue. If you want a unique, sophisticated, elegant venue unlike any other, then consider... Read More Whitby Castle. From the moment we deposited, to our big day and all the days in between, the staff was phenomenal! I was at complete ease- didn't have to worry about a thing. Anything we want, we got! Ralph and his staff made our special day one to remember. The food is OUTSTANDING! The view- breathtaking, and the elegance of the venue is one of a kind! Your reception is literally in the castle and since you're the only event for that day/night, you pretty much have the 'run of the house' as well as the staff's undivided attention. What we enjoyed most about this gorgeous venue, is that it's not your normal reception hall. It's different and people will remember it. I've had people tell me that our wedding was better than their own because Whitby just set the tone for a memorable, classy night. We invited about 175 people and had 135-ish guests attend and it was the perfect amount of people!! I can't say enough great things about this place. I can't wait to see all of the pictures. The ones I've seen so far are breathtaking!!! Follow them on Instagram and Facebook and go see Ralph and his staff for more information. Thank you, Ralph and all for a wonderful time that we will remember for a lifetime! - Rose & John Leo

Reviewed on 11/29/2016 Epiphany W

Nothing but class, professionalism and a willingness to make your day feel special - that is what I feel about the venue and staff of the Whitby Castle. From day one they took it upon themselves to meet the needs and wishes of two soon to be newlyweds. We had both the ceremony... Read More and reception at the Whitby Castle. First, they worked with our guest size and budget. Whitby Castle is a place for medium to large weddings however they were easily able to accommodate a wedding of 65 people (more on the small-medium side). The area never felt too big or small and the venue was able to use cocktail tables and other tricks of the trade to fill in the reception and ceremony. Secondly, they were able to work with our desired menu. Adding and subtracting from their standard menu- they added Golden Crusted Chicken Schnitzel just for us!!! Which was absolutely delicious! My now-husband is Austrian (born and bred) and he was even impressed! They also added a sundae ice cream bar along with a beautiful cake! Which was really good!!! Thirdly, the staff was AMAZING! Nice and cordial. The coordinator I was able to work with was Ralph, he was very nice and EFFICIENT! Which I absolutely love, no nonsense and straight to the point, providing advice and guidance when needed as well as suggestions where I didn't even know I needed to make a decision (he must've been doing this for years!) I never felt pushed or coerced into anything but simply guided and helped. Truly appreciated. My bridal attendant was Katie and she was always very helpful and knew exactly how to assist. She was able to help with my bustle and with the decorations. I wish to send a special thank you to both Ralph and Katie, I feel like you two went above and beyond and I really appreciated it. The rest of the staff was also very supportive and cheerful. Excellent service. Absolutely no complaints. None. Also my husband would like to mention he really appreciated the before ceremony snacks and beers in the grooms suite. Helped take off the edge for him. Hehe. And lastly do I even need to mention it's a CASTLE! Talk about fairytale wedding ;-) the outside was exquisite and the inside was very well kept and just perfect (see pictures). I just loved it. Everything. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. You truly made our wedding day so special and unique. Wallner-Haas Wedding, November 20, 2016. (Please note they were most likely able to accommodate our size due to the fact that it was close to off season and on a Sunday.)

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Tom R

We loved everything about The Whitby Castle. From the first time we visited, we knew that this was the place for our Gay wedding. Sean, Ralph and Janet were amazing! And Katie was our assistant. She requested to work our wedding and we are so glad. We met her at our tasting.... Read More Ralph is a pro. My husband is a 30+ year event planner so he knows the ins and outs of this business. Nothing was overlooked. They were professional from start to finish! They even invited us back for dinner sometime soon. I feel as if they are our new friends at the Whitby Castle. I don't know what we'll do without speaking to Ralph and Janet on a regular basis! We would recommend the Whitby Castle to anyone. They made us feel right at home as if the Castle was our home on this magical evening.

Reviewed on 11/12/2016 Raquel V

AMAZING! We had our wedding reception here on October 15, 2016 and it was absolutely perfect! We booked with Linda (who has since left, but was phenomenal) back in April 2015. From the moment we drove on to the property we knew that this is where we would have our reception. To... Read More be honest, I was a little fearful after Linda left because it took us a long time to get in touch with someone, but as soon as I got in touch with Ralph I was put at ease. We started working with Ralph about three months out and made sure that sure that he and I were on the same page about things that I had previously discussed with Linda. Ralph was great with getting back to me via email and all of our appointments went smooth. The day of the wedding went as planned and everyone had a blast! Ralph and the staff were great and made sure that everyone had what they needed and had a great time. Even my MC said that working with Ralph was a pleasure. Our bridal attendant, Katie was also great and she made sure that all of my needs were met. She was a pleasure to have around. Our cocktail hour was held outside on the back deck on a beautiful Fall evening with a full moon. Heating lamps were set up in some areas to help with the Fall chill. The ballroom was beautiful and the food exquisite. Our guests are still talking about it and saying that it was truly the best wedding they ever attended. We even got asked if we could do it again and we would totally do it again in a heartbeat. Thank you to everyone at Whitby Castle for making our dreams come true and for executing all of the ideas and details that I envisioned for our perfect day.

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Beata P

AMAZING!!!!! Our reception at Whitby castle last night was unbelievable!!!! From the start, everyone involved was amazing, accommodating, attentive, sweet and patient. Ralph, our matrie-d was a true professional and dedicated, he went above and beyond to ensure that every... Read More detail was recognized. Ralph made this entire process one hundred times easier for me, I felt so comfortable working with him and had confidence that our reception would be nothing less than amazing. Sean, the manager is a sweetheart himself and was accommodating to all of our requests. Last night, my bridal attendant Katy was great and there for me at every moment, from a sangria refill to just making sure I eat some food! The chef was unbelievable and extremely helpful! We brought a bunch of our own cultural food last minute and he plattered it and made it look amazing, while preparing for a 220 person cocktail hour! (1 hour before the party started) The venue is beautiful, the staff was amazing, the food was delicious, and I am so happy that I chose Whitby Castle as my venue! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Tina Z

I got married at Whitby Castle on October 8th, 2016, and there aren’t enough words to express how amazing the Whitby Castle team was. Ralph, in particular was exceptional throughout the whole process; he was instrumental in helping make my wedding the best day of my life. He... Read More went above and beyond with every aspect of my special day to make sure that my family was happy. With every request small or large, he made it happen. It really was a fairy tale of a wedding and Ralph and his team made sure we were happy, comfortable, and having a fantastic time. On the day of, the service was outstanding; they all made sure everyone was having the time of their lives. Our family is still raving about the food, from the cocktail hour, to the dessert, everything was perfect. I never had a worry, from beginning to end. Only wish was that I had more time to spend at the Castle; we didn’t want the night to end because they made sure it was magical not just for me but for my entire family and guests. I can write for hours on how amazing my wedding was because of the Whitby Castle team. The Castle is gorgeous itself, but Ralph and team made sure all my dreams came true.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Amy M

I researched venues in New York and decided Whitby had great reviews. I checked and they were available for Labor Day weekend for a small wedding. I went ahead and booked it, sight unseen. We initially worked with Linda who was wonderful. Unfortunately, she left Whitby... Read More within a month of the wedding and before I could meet with her. I was flying in from the Houston area to meet with her and was shocked to learn she wasn't there. I met with Ralph and that did not go well. I was distraught. We did have to send an email and Shawn stepped in. It went much better after this. I was told that Ralph would walk me through things and and would be there on our wedding day. Well, we pretty much never heard from Ralph again. Shawn took over and everything went perfectly. The venue was ultimately perfect. Our wedding in all respects was beautiful. The food was delicious. The venue was almost fairytale like. There was a minor glitch with the salad. Shawn immediately took care of it and through in more desserts. Shawn was attentive and on top of things. The staff were kind and professional. I strongly recommend the venue in spite of the issues we had. The only caveat is you may need to stay on top of the coordinator. You will not get much guidance from Whitby regarding vendors (cake , flowers, musicians, photographers). In this regard, you will pretty much be on your own. Also, I really didn't have a great feel for the wedding day procession. We did not have much guidance prior to the wedding date.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Lora S

My husband and I had our wedding at Whitby Castle August 6th, 2016 and it was truly an incredible, perfect day. The staff at Whitby (especially Ralph) went above and beyond to accommodate all of our requests and provided fantastic service to us, our bridal party, and every guest... Read More at the wedding. I have a large Italian family and have grown up in the restaurant industry so food has always been the core of all celebrations - Whitby did not disappoint! The food was excellent and throughly enjoyed by our family and friends. When looking for a venue, my husband and I wanted something unique and not the typically "wedding factory". At the same time, I wanted a venue where catering was done on site and tables/chairs/linens were all included to make the planning process easier. Whitby was the absolute perfect spot for this (and trust me I looked all over CT and NY!) The castle is a gorgeous backdrop for photos and the ballroom is clean and fresh looking with dark wood floors and tons of light pouring in. Thank you so much to the staff at Whitby Castle who helped make our day so flawless - you guys work very hard and deserve recognition!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Christine E

My wife and I were married here on July 2, 2016 and if we were asked to do it all over again, we would come back to the Whitby Castle. It's funny how we ended up choosing this venue. I think by the time we signed the contract we had visited about 15 reception venues in... Read More Westchester County NY and Northern New Jersey. A lot of factors came in to play: location, staff, food, local vendors, you name it. When we toured the place, it was the staff and atmosphere that really gave us a sense of how our wedding night would be if we moved forward. Our instincts were right. From the moment we decided on this venue, our contact Linda Bennett was very professional and helped navigate the process: ensuring the contract met our budget, recommendations on vendors, food, and so forth. She did a good job on keeping us in check and was aware of not being pushy or chasing us for details. A few months leading up to the wedding, our contact had moved up in the company and we were transferred over to be assisted by Ralph Bracco. Let me tell you, this guy is LEGIT. He made the book of business transition from Linda to him seem like he was there with us from the beginning of the planning phase. I remember we saw him in action for the first time in April 2016 as a courtesy by our music vendor, Get Down Entertainment (http://www.getdowndjsny.com). Ralph was on-point with everything; talk about maitre'd to the T. My wife and I were amazed at how organized he was and ensure the details were on point from the table linens to the food servings in cocktail hour to even the timing of the events on the wedding schedule. We decided to book our rehearsal dinner here and the staff at Whitby Castle, including Ralph Bracco, were very accomodating and customized a night for us that fit our requirements and budget! This gave the opportunity for our out of town guests and bridal party to experience the venue beforehand and it left them on their toes knowing they would be coming back on the following Saturday. We went with open bar and a pasta station with a few passed hors d'oeuvres. All were on-point, service was amazing. Our wedding day was no different, I would probably say Ralph took it to the next level in terms of keeping us happy and not having to worry about anything. This is why we put a lot of trust in our reception venues right? So we don't have to worry about a thing! We didn't have much of the food (obviously), but the staff packed it all up for us to bring back home. From start to finish, the night was amazing. Cocktail hour included passed hors d'oeuvres and a suckling pig with open bar. The guests kept saying they were stuffed and were surprised dinner hasn't started. Fill them up they said! That's what we did. The staff made sure the guests were back inside the venue and on-time to get the party started. The dinner entrees included: mixed filed greens with warm goat cheese crostini; a choice of: a)roasted farm chicken breast with madeira sauce, b)herb roasted salmon and c) filet of sirloin with port wine sauce; all with a side of yukon gold potato puree and broccolini. As I mentioned, we couldn't have the food during the wedding as much as we would like (the guests loved it!!). But we did have it when we got back home and let me tell you, it's as good as the day of the wedding. If you're thinking about booking this place, look no further. Everything will be handled for you and I wouldn't be surprised if Ralph Bracco and his team go above and beyond.

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Javonne P

We got married at the Whitby on July 24, 2016. Our experience working with the staff was absolutely wonderful! From the beginning, the staff was professional, responsive, and amazing to work with it. Our wedding day went smoothly thanks to Ralph! He is a customer service and... Read More event coordinating wizard! The entire staff made us feel like guests at our own wedding--pampered and well-cared for. Our guests also raved about the amazing service and delicious food. I'm so happy that we chose the Whitby. It was my first choice for our wedding and it was the best decision we made! We look forward to returning every year for our anniversary.