William Ference Catering

Serving All of New England

Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Latin American, BBQ, Fusion, Seafood, Specialty

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Boston, MA Serving All of New England (267) 566-2627

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Lyndsay M

William and his team catered our wedding for 150 people at my parent’s farm in September 2017 and they were all incredible! He was so easy to work with and helped prepare an AMAZING meal while still working within our budget. He truly went above and beyond to make our wedding... Read More special and was even able to showcase my husband’s Greek and Chinese heritage in the menu! Even more impressive, William was extra careful with my husband’s severe nut allergy. Most of the caterers that we spoke with seemed to not take the food allergy seriously, but this was not the case with William. He was incredibly attentive throughout the planning process and made sure my husband would be able to enjoy dinner on his wedding day. All in all, we could not have hired a better person to cater our wedding reception. We received so many compliments on how incredible the food was and the service of his staff was just as amazing. We HIGHLY recommend William and his team!

Reviewed on 9/11/2017 Peter T

Truly first rate. William was a complete pro from the moment we first contacted him right through the conclusion of the wedding. He was responsive to our wishes, and prepared a phenomenal menu that was better than we could have imagined. During the pre-wedding process,... Read More William was in touch with us, tweaking the menu until both he and we were completely happy with it. On wedding day, he was really amazing. Unflappable even when confronted with the inevitable wedding day challenges, he was the calmest person on site the entire day. His entire staff was AMAZING. The cooks were phenomenal, the wait staff both looked great and performed perfectly, and the bartenders made you want to buy them a drink. We can unreservedly recommend William and his company for anyone looking for a great caterer for your wedding (or any event).

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Amanda B

William and his team were exceptional from beginning to end. Our wedding was in June and people are still raving about the food! And I am especially grateful to William for his positively endearing, cool as a cucumber attitude , and putting all my concerns at ease. Our 150... Read More guests were well taken care of! William is the real deal, look no further, he's your man!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Caroline H

William and his team catered our wedding of about 100 people and I would highly reccomend him! William truly went above and beyond both with his amazing food and constantly offering to help make things easier on us as we got closer to our wedding. The food and presentation was... Read More absolutely amazing! Even our vendors who have eaten at countless weddings raved about the food. William also surprised us with some special treats for my husband and his groomsmen and a great display for our late night pretzel bar. William was so much fun and easy to work with and I really can't say enough about how delicious the food was!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Katherine F

William catered our family style wedding reception for 170 people at a private venue and we could not be happier. Not only is the food he cooks amazing, the service he provides is second to none. Prior to reaching out to William, we had been working with another larger, better... Read More known, and well-reviewed catering company. They turned out to be entirely unhelpful, unwilling to offer alternatives to help keep our budget manageable and did not take kindly to any requests outside their standard menu and offerings. After eating the deposit on our first caterer, we gave William a call and he provided the exact opposite experience. From our first phone call until after the event was over, he was wonderful to work with. He helped us with crafting a menu, determining alcohol volume (we had a backyard wedding), cocktail and reception layout, and even timeline. He was always very quick to respond, made extremely helpful suggestions, worked around our schedules (and held the tasting in our apartment), accommodated changes to dishes to make sure we got exactly what we wanted, provided more food (and rentals!) for far less money than other caterers we assessed, and had an extremely professional service staff. After it was all over, he put some leftover food in our fridge and my wife and I were able to enjoy it again for dinner the following night with a bottle of champagne. If you're looking for a caterer that really cares not only about the food that he cooks but also about you and making your event amazing, you've already found him.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Paul U

Catered our wedding and did a very nice job, in line with our expectations (which were admittedly high). Buffet meal and cocktail hour appetizers for 120 guests.

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Joanna D

Seems like a lot of what I want to say has already been covered in other reviews here, but felt it was important to give credit where it's due :) We had a small(ish) wedding this past September with 75 guests, and were nervous about the process of finding a caterer and making... Read More sure they came through for us, because the food aspect of our wedding was one of the things we cared most about. In retrospect it was foolish of us to be nervous once we found William. We asked for a fairly traditional but high quality plated menu with everything except dessert. Everything we had was truly excellent. The service was too, special thanks to Liza and Grant. We'd recommend working with them, especially if quality is important to you/your family. -Jo & Dan

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Steph A

I worked with William Ference Catering for our rehearsal dinner and reception in June 2016 at our family farm in Stow MA. We are so happy to have worked with them! They impressed our guests too - one has already hired them for their wedding. My family and I had a extremely... Read More positive experience from beginning to end. William was very responsive, professional, and helpful in the months leading up to the big weekend! He also made time to meet with us before the wedding to ensure that every detail was covered. I was truly beyond impressed by everyone from his team. The food was top-notch!! We had an “upscale casual” buffet and everything was hot and beautifully presented and our guests were able to serve themselves quickly. We opted for buffet style since we were outdoors and the set-up was beautiful and professional. For dinner we had grilled beef tenderloin and salmon, among other great dishes. Luckily, my husband and I had a little time to sit and eat - we definitely enjoyed it!! Lastly, the table set-up, linens, and chairs also looked great! They helped order all of the rental things and did all the set-up so we didn’t have to worry about anything. Really professional team and great food! I would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Sarah H

You will not regret having William and his team cater your wedding!! Aside from the food and service being fantastic the day-of, it was really the planning stages that my fiance and I (especially me) were really impressed with. First off, most of the other catering companies... Read More we had talked with made us feel like we were “one of many” people interested in booking the date and that they saw us just as another event to put on their calendar. From the first phone call with William, we felt he actually cared about “us”...what we wanted, WHY we wanted it, how we met, etc. After we chose them as our caterer, they continued to be extremely helpful, patient and responsive during the planning process. While I was definitely not a bridezilla, I was probably more detail-oriented than most brides, and William helped me focus on what was important, forget about what wasn’t, and point me in the right direction with a lot of the decisions (even those unrelated to the food/catering). And at our wedding itself, he and his team went out of their way to make sure my husband and I were totally happy.

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Jessica L

We literally couldn’t have expected better food at our wedding. We had a New England beach theme (married on the beach with our reception at my parent’s home in Hingham) and the menu included mini Maine lobster rolls (perfect), raw bar, clam chowder, surf n’ turf, and so many... Read More other awesome things. Everyone was saying it’s the kind of food they’d expect from a top seafood restaurant, not from a catering company!! We ordered our cake from another company (which was recommended by William because they don’t specialize in wedding cakes).

Reviewed on 9/14/2016

I hired William to cater our wedding for 60 guests at our home. I had previously been burned by another caterer I found here on Thumbtack, and was nervous to go this route. However, from day 1, William was extremely accommodating and responsive and had my proposed menu ready in... Read More a few days. The day of the event, William was so prepared and easy to work with. I had complete faith in his ability to make my wedding a success. What I hadn't planned for was William and his crew to far exceed my expectations. He didn't just make my wedding a success, he made it absolutely perfect! The food, (lobster rolls, pulled pork sliders, watermelon juice shots, salmon, steak, roasted vegetables, and salads), was amazing! Every one of my guests raved about it, asked me who the caterer was, how I found him, etc. He far exceeded everyone's expectations. And, his staff were just as amazing, going above and beyond to chat up and entertain the dozens of kids at our wedding. Not too mention, seeking me out and getting me anything I asked for. They also packed my fridge full of leftovers, allowing me to feed all of my visiting relatives the next day. They are by far the most professional, elegant, yet personable company I have ever worked with. They may be small, but they are mighty!

Reviewed on 9/19/2011 Alexandra S

William is relatively new to the wedding industry, but he exceeded all expectations. He carefully planned every detail of the menu, and took great care in making sure it was perfect and exactly what I wanted. As we had a beach wedding, we tailored the menu to have light summer... Read More fare... and everyone exclaimed that it was the best wedding food they had ever had (salmon, steak, pesto pasta, tomatoes and mozzarella, salad, asparagus...just to name some!). I would absolutely recommend him to everyone planning a wedding, especially if you want to support fresh new young talent rather than the "wedding industry". He was superb!