William Paca House and Garden

Annapolis, MD

Historic Venue

186 Prince George St, Annapolis, MD (410) 990-4538

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Danielle S

We chose the William Paca House and Garden for both our wedding ceremony and reception. The venue is a hidden gem; it's in the middle of downtown Annapolis and across the street from the Naval Academy. I say "hidden" because my husband and I both graduated from the Naval... Read More Academy, and we didn't know the Paca House existed when we were midshipmen! We chose to do our ceremony in front of the Spring House, and our guests stood on the other side of the pond (shaped like a fish!) At 5:00PM on a hot August day, everyone was in the shade thanks to the big trees on the property. There are several great locations on the property to have your ceremony, but the little area in front of the Spring House provided an elevated yet flat location. And even though our guests were standing at a slight distance from us, they could clearly hear our vows. The reception area is beautiful with two large white tents: one for the dinner and one for dancing. We had a 50 person wedding, and there was more than enough room for everyone. Lastly, the best part about the Paca House is Jody Dalton, who coordinated our wedding day flawlessly. Jody is so sweet and down to earth and is simply amazing to work with. She is also excellent at ensuring everything stays on schedule! One of the many moments my husband and I appreciated was when Jody took us into her office after the ceremony and gave us 10 minutes of downtime with food and drinks. It was a wonderful 10 minutes to enjoy some alone time, soak in the fact that we just got married, and get ready to party at the reception!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Rebekah B

Jody Dalton and her staff were phenomenal in making a stressful situation run smoothly. Unfortunately there was some rain on my wedding day and we decided to move the ceremony from in front of the Summer house to under the reception tents. This was done so quickly and well that... Read More I feel like moving to a new ceremony location didn't affect the wedding. From the very start Jody had made it clear that my wedding and all it's details mattered to her and that carried through to the day of. I absolutely loved this location, and even with rain it was incredibly beautiful. Thank you so much to Jody and to each of the Paca House staff that made my wedding day wonderful.

The Most Beautiful Location For An Elegant Garden Wedding, With An Old-World Vibe

Reviewed on 11/11/2015 Jessica D

I had heard a radio ad for another local historical venue, and decided to take advantage of an Amazon Local deal to go tour it, when I saw that Amazon Local also had a deal to see the William Paca House. My fiance and I ended up touring the William Paca House first, and, well,... Read More after that, nothing else could compare: -It was gorgeous! -There were tents for a reception. -The location was perfect--right in the heart of historic downtown Annapolis, and -We stumbled upon Jody Dalton, the director of sales, quite by accident, when we were trying to find our way out after viewing the garden. She won our hearts there and then. Not a month later, we had booked the William Paca House and Garden for both the ceremony and the reception. Jody was a lifeline over the next year, as we planned everything, from meeting with us periodically to discuss things like seating and order of ceremony, to recommending vendors, and giving us hugs, when we felt overwhelmed. Jody ran our wedding rehearsal the day before, and made sure that even the youngest members of the bridal party knew what to do. Then the day of, she acted as coordinator, helping to make sure that everything ran smoothly, from assisting vendors, to making sure everybody walked down just when they were supposed to. When the ceremony was over, she left us in the extremely capable hands of her staff, and the reception also went off without a hitch. They did everything from helping to move the cake so that wheelchair bound guests wouldn't have to move, to choreographing our sendoff from the house itself, and stopping traffic while my husband did a dance lift and twirled with me in the street. My only regret is that, after all the planning, it was over so quickly.

Absolutely Amazing Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/23/2012 Adrienne P

I could not be happier with my experience at the William Paca House for my wedding. It was beyond beautiful, and they really took care to make sure everything was perfect. Jody is just wonderful, she really went the extra mile. She made sure that I had the "princess moment" as... Read More she says, when I stepped out of the doors to walk down the aisle in the garden with my dad. And anything I (or my husband, parents, or bridal party)needed the staff was right there with it for us. It could not have been a more perfect day.

Perfect Location for Ceremony & Reception

Reviewed on 9/23/2012 Katie B

Jody was great to work with and her knowledge of the industry and Annapolis was invaluable. The house and gardens are so beautiful and the perfect setting for an intimate wedding. Although there is only seating for 10 people during the ceremony, Jody eased my worry about this... Read More by sharing pictures and experiences of other weddings held there.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2011 Liz S

Beautiful place to get married!!! Jody went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect!!! Jody was amazing!!!!

Review for William Paca House & Garden

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 CHRISTINA N

Historic colonial beautiful gardens wonderful staff and amazing location for photos. tucked in the heart of Annapolis.;site rental is expensive.