Willowdale Estate

Topsfield, MA

Book Your Wedding with Willowdale Estate

A GARDEN IN TOPSFIELD, MA

Situated in Topsfield, MA, the Willowdale Estate is a unique venue that couples will find truly captivating. This historic mansion is surrounded by natural beauty and the wedding planning team is available to help coordinate all of the moving parts that make up your special day. Since the estate only accepts one wedding per day, you can be sure you'll get the undivided attention from the staff on the day of your nuptials. Private tours are given by appointment only.

Courtyard Garden. The Courtyard Garden is typically used between the months of May through October and is capable of hosting up to 240 of your closest friends and family members.

Glass Conservatory. Once the weather begins to get a bit chilly, generally between the months of November through April, couples can plan an indoor wedding with views of the great outdoors. The conservatory features glass windows that go around the building and even cover the area above it. The space has ample outside lighting, so it's possible to have a candle-lit ceremony if you'd like. This space welcomes up to 125 guests.

Sperry Tent Pavilion. Couples looking for a reception with the outdoor feel, but protection from the rain will love the Sperry Tent Pavilion. There's a concrete tent pad for extra comfort.

Great Room. Another reception location is the Great Room. This indoor space has plenty of room for sitting down to a delicious meal and then dancing the night away after.

Wedding packages depend on the time of year you plan on having your wedding; however, there are a few items that remain the same throughout the packages. Couples will be presented with a comprehensive wedding planning guide that will help them from the moment of engagement to the day they say "I do." Next, the bride and groom are given layout diagrams, which will help with creating a seating chart. Use of the white garden chairs is complimentary and furniture for food stations is complimentary, and the catering package includes the linens, flatware and glassware.

The wedding coordinator will set up a time for a group tasting, a meeting to finalize the details, and even a time for you to drop off your decorations. The wedding coordinator will help you select a menu that contains dishes made using only fresh locally sourced ingredients. The added flavor will leave your guests raving about the meals for weeks to come.

An extra perk that's available to the bride and her bridesmaids is the bridal suite. Use this space to get your wedding dress on, have your hair and make-up done or simply to keep the groom from seeing you before the ceremony begins. As an added bonus, select the warm chocolate chip cookie bar at the end of the evening for guests who are starting to get the munchies.

Weddings & Events

Your once-in-a-lifetime celebration deserves a one-of-a-kind setting. Let us help you realize your wedding vision for a day that is easy to plan and impossible to forget! Service-centered sensibilities. Carefully crafted occasions. Modern amenities. Historical surroundings. Innovative cuisine.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2010

24 Asbury Street, Topsfield, MA (978) 887-8211

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Emily M

My husband and I were married in this beautiful home in December 2015. It was absolutely the most joyful day of our lives, and we are so grateful to Willowdale and the wonderful team Months prior, I had been trying to describe Willowdale Estate to my family and friends from... Read More California. It went something like this: "It has this warmth and graciousness to it..." "It's the sort of place where you can pretend being a heroine in a Jane Austen novel" "It just feels like home.". These (lame!) attempts were always followed by me explaining: "You really have to experience it for yourself." To be honest, I'm finding myself in the same fix when trying to write this review! The house itself is beautiful. The grounds are wild and inspiring and utterly romantic. There's with an understated elegance and warmth to the whole estate it that's difficult to describe. With the halls decked for the holiday season, it's simply enchanting. And then there's the people who work there. They are absolutely wonderful and supportive and encouraging. It's immediately evident that they love this home, love their work, and they really know how to throw a good party. We worked with both Belinda and Courtney in our booking and planning process and had such an incredible experience. They were both accommodating, positive, organized, and completely devoted to us and our wedding. We could not have pulled it off without them - especially sweet Courtney, who did more than we will probably ever know to make sure that everything went beautifully! Really, the entire staff was wonderful. Our bartenders were so kind, our servers were fabulous, and the kitchen crew was so much fun (and took excellent care of me when I spilled coffee on my dress!) And the food! Two months later, our guests are still raving about the food! There are so many pieces that go into planning a wedding. When I think about it now, I'm struck by how I spent months looking at papers and spreadsheets and notes trying to plan something that I could only vaguely envision. It is another thing entirely to actually experience it for yourself. In our planning, my husband and I had hoped that our wedding day would evoke feelings of warmth, joy, graciousness, and belonging ... but our wedding was so, so much more than I could have ever imagined. Willowdale just felt like home. You really have to experience it for yourself!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Claudia S

My husband and I were married exactly one month ago today at the Willowdale Estate. To say it was the best day of our lives is an understatement. From start to finish, our experience at Willowdale was undeniably amazing, and our wedding guests have all said that it was the best... Read More wedding they've ever attended. From the very beginning, every staff member was extremely attentive at responding to emails, calls, etc. And then we met Courtney, our wedding coordinator. She was simply amazing - having to deal with unruly groomsmen, people asking the same questions over and over, and organizing family/wedding party - it was truly flawless and I felt very comfortable with her in charge. The food was incredible from cocktail hour to the warm chocolate chip cookie bar at the end. My only wish was that we could get the recipe! Courtney even patiently helped me box up every single last cookie as I was a hungry bride at the end of the night and pretty much told her I wanted them all to come home with me :) Courtney and the staff were excellent at setting up all of my decor - and did it in even smarter ways than I had thought of - as well as doing an excellent job at re-purposing bridesmaids bouquets, centerpieces etc to ensure that every room looked beautiful. We got married inside of the estate - originally we wanted to get married in June which would have meant an outdoor, tent wedding. I am so happy that we moved our wedding up to April and got married inside! Every room is filled with detail that your guests will be raving about for days/weeks/months to come. There is nothing I can say that is negative about Willowdale. I cried the first time I saw it and I cried when it was over! I hope to be back again for an event over the summer - it's just too beautiful of a place to stay away from. Thank you Courtney and everyone at Willowdale!

May Willowdale Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Laurie L

Where do we even start? This place is absolutely gorgeous – it has all of the magical touches one thinks of when envisioning a wedding. From the gorgeous mansion to the stunning tent to the lights and vibrant garden. We pulled up to Willowdale in the dead of winter and still... Read More couldn’t find another venue that could compare. The staff is top notch; they are extremely great planners and very detail oriented. We worked with Nichole and she was absolutely amazing. She made our day more than we could have ever imagined. Nichole had the ability to take our vision and truly run with it. To be honest we are not the one’s really writing the review, the overwhelming positive response from our guests are. Everyone had so much fun, they loved the food and the charm of the mansion. They really enjoyed the signature drinks and amazing cookies. It was very clear things were organized and running very smoothly from the start. Nichole and her team really made our day special – she also took all of the pressure off of the last minute details and handled everything we needed with great care. We hope one of our friends/family will book an event with Willowdale in the future so we can go back!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Andrea M

It has been 7 days today since my wedding day!! I am still on cloud 9 from that day!! It was perfect! Amy Sleeper and the staff at Willowdale have mastered perfection. Planning was absolutely stress free. Amy made everything super easy and really made us feel at ease that... Read More everything was to our liking! Food was fabulous, staff was amazing! Did I mention this place is gorgeous?!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Kate C

My Husband and I got married 10/20/2017 at Willowdale Estate. Our experience was absolutely incredible. From the moment we walked in to the mansion on our first visit to our wedding night. Nichole our wedding coordinator went above and beyond to make our wedding day extremely... Read More special and magical. It was beyond what We could have ever imagined. Every single detail that was discussed during our meetings came true. It went above and beyond anything I could have possibly dreamt of! Nichole the day of the wedding kept us on our timeline, made sure we had some cocktail hour food, and made sure we had an amazing time. We still to this day hear about the wedding. The guests have commented and said our wedding was a "perfect", "romantic" wedding, one of the best weddings they have been to. We couldn't agree more! We had the most perfect day! All thanks to Nichole and her staff at Willowdale!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Heather M

My husband and I got married at Willowdale Estate this past November and we have nothing but high praise for this incredibly beautiful venue and well-organized, very helpful staff. We had an indoor mansion wedding and reception in early November. We were all so happy and... Read More comfortable inside the mansion, with the warm glow of candlelight in the glass conservatory, the gorgeous wood, hot apple cider, and cozy lit fireplaces. The catering was fantastic and our guests frequently commented how it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted! The appetizers were oh-so-good and of course their chocolate chip cookies and seasonal mini pies were delicious! Our family and guests were also very impressed with how well organized the staff was and how everything flowed seamlessly from one event to the next. Everyone at Willowdale, from our event coordinator, to the catering staff and servers are really so professional and exceptional at their jobs. My husband and I are both doctors and recently moved to New England when we got engaged, so we didn't know the area and we knew we wouldn't have much time to meticulously plan every detail of our wedding day. That is one of the main reasons we chose Willowdale Estate for our venue - because they anticipated our every wish and pulled it all off flawlessly. We really just had to show up and enjoy each second of the day. Our event coordinator, Nichole, went above and beyond to help make our day special and we couldn't be more grateful. She even helped us find babysitters for my nieces and nephews, and the sitters were able to watch the kids on the upper level of the mansion while their parents danced downstairs. The mansion really felt like our home that day, absolutely full with love and happiness, and I wish we could have stayed there forever! It really was such a beautiful day and we are so happy we decided to celebrate at Willowdale!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Surey R

I knew I wanted our wedding to take place in a beautiful historic home, but due to availability issues (we had a less than 6 month engagement), budget, and travel concerns for our many non-local family members, we were worried this may not be a possibility. We visited 3 venues... Read More on a Saturday in mid-September. Willowdale was our second stop. The moment we wrapped up our tour of the third one, we called Willowdale and secured our date! While we were initially a little worried about booking before our tasting, since the next tasting event wasn't until late November, we saw how much everyone raved in reviews about the food and figured we'd be fine. Let me tell you, the reviews were right! The tasting was a wonderful culinary experience that still makes my mouth water every time I remember it. And every single food element at our wedding followed suit. It's been 9 months, and people still comment about how delicious everything was and how beautiful the venue turned out. As if the great food and gorgeously inviting ambiance wasn't enough, all the staff members at Willowdale that we interacted with throughout the entire planning process were top-notch professionals. You can feel how much they genuinely care to make your day perfect. Their attention to detail, understanding, and execution of our vision far surpassed our expectations! It felt wonderful to be able to just focus on enjoying our big day while all the little details were flawlessly handled behind the scenes. A few weeks after the wedding, we received a touching thank you note and a box of the famous Willowdale cookies (which we also had at our reception as a late night snack). Oh my gosh, those cookies!!! I would special order those anytime. Our Willowdale wedding experience was so much more than we could've imagined, and this venue will forever hold a special little place in our hearts.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Andrea C

I fell in love with the venue the minute we pulled up to the front door the first time. Everyone that works there has only one goal in mind...to make it the best possible day for the bride, groom and their guests. The food is so amazing that I had to make time to eat it, having... Read More had a sample at the wonderful tasting a few months before our wedding. Courtney was our coordinator and I can't even imagine what my stress level would have been without. It was a seamless last minute decision to move the ceremony inside due to the weather and Courtney and her crew made it possible. She even was able to get the kitchen to make special chocolate chip cookies that I could eat with all of my allergies, that just made the night PERFECT!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Gavin M

My wife and I got married at Willowdale Estate on October 27 and I could not be more thrilled to recommend this venue to anyone getting married. To start, the venue is beautiful. The mansion is positively exquisite and the grounds surrounding it create a unique setting for both... Read More your wedding ceremony and reception (and, to be honest, any type of event). Finding locations on the property to take pictures was incredibly easy and the results were breathtaking. Quite literally, the biggest challenge was trying to limit our locations so that we weren't taking photos all day! The food was absolutely incredible! I went into the tasting thinking I had a good handle on what I wanted for appetizers however when we were given the chance to taste all of their offerings my mind was blown and the game plan changed. Things I thought I'd hate I actually loved and we wound up with an appetizer selection that was featured items from al over the menu. Our guests could not have been more complimentary of all of the food served that night. Finally, we were very fortunate to have been paired with Nichole Armano as our coordinator. From the very beginning it was quite clear Nichole knew what she was doing -- something that allowed my wife and I to sleep easier and feel confident that things would go off without a hitch. Nichole is incredibly detail oriented, hardworking and flexible. She was willing to work with us on virtually every detail/idea we had and when she could not wholly accommodate us she was quick to come up with a solution or compromise that met (and in some instances exceeded) our original ideas and expectations. Finally, the actual day of the wedding is incredibly hectic. I had been told this repeatedly but nothing can compare you for it. Nichole made sure that my wife and I were getting drinks when our glasses were empty and that plates of appetizers were making their way to us during the cocktail hour so that we were able to enjoy every little part of this event we'd worked so hard to plan. So to conclude: beautiful venue, amazing grounds, incredible food and wonderful people to work with.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Kenzie G

My husband and I got married at Willowdale Estate November 4, 2017. When we went to see the place for the first time, we were given a private tour of the grounds and they are so beautiful! A stone mansion in the middle of a national park in New England, not much can beat that!... Read More Learning about the history of the estate made it even more magical and almost made the place come alive. We didn’t look anywhere else and booked that day! As planning began, I emailed the Wedding Planning Team countless times and they were always very patient and quick with their responses. We do not live in the States and planning a wedding from a distance is not easy. Our coordinator was Nichole and I cannot put into words how amazing she was! She understood my vision from a very poor explanation I gave her and magnified by a thousand! I can honestly say I was not stressed about the décor placement, external vendors coming to set up, or even where I had to be when. All I had to focus on was marrying my best friend. The staff are a very well-oiled machine! Wedding food has a stigma and Willowdale’s kitchen shatters it! The hors d'oeuvres were spectacular and the meals were outstanding! They even let you customize the meals which was perfect! All of our guests were talking about how delicious it all was! We had two signature drinks and they made test runs to make sure they would taste perfect! During the reception, Nichole kept checking in to make sure everything was running smoothly and made sure we ate in between socializing. I surprised my husband with a themed pie station and the reveal was awesome! All the little details that I would not have thought of Nichole had and it truly was a perfect wedding!! Thank Nichole and to all the Willowdale staff who helped us start off our new life together in the most wonderful way!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Maria D

Amazing venue, food, execution. October wedding was amazing and friends and family are still talking about how great it went!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Leah S

From the moment we first stepped inside Willowdale Estate we loved it. After looking at other venues, my now husband and I could not get Willowdale out of our heads, we knew we had to get married there. From the beginning of the whole process the staff at Willowdale was... Read More responsive and attentive to details and questions. We had booked Willowdale two years out in order to lock in a Saturday evening in September, they book very quick! Leading up to a year out as small questions came they were always answered immediately by staff at Willowdale. We were able to attend wedding open houses to get a feel for an event there. These events are highly recommended if you are considering getting married at Willowdale. This also allowed us to meet some of the vendors we might have considered for our wedding day and gave us ideas for decor and set up. As it got closer to our wedding day, we were assigned Amy as our wedding coordinator. Amy was very attentive to detail and accommodating with meeting times both in person and over the phone. Amy had every single detail and minute of the wedding discussed which led to a flawless execution the day of. She was calm, knowledgable and helpful in every aspect. Everything was perfect the day and night of our wedding. Amy had drinks for the bridal party immediately following the ceremony and snacks for my husband and I as soon as we finished our pictures before heading into cocktail hour. Amy kept track of my husband and I throughout the night to let us know when the big moments were coming, dances, speeches, dinners served etc. She worked with all of my vendors that day so I did not have to worry about orchestrating a thing! When rain (more like torrential downpour) unexpectedly hit during the reception the staff closed the sides of the tent and moved the outdoor bar within minutes, had I not heard the rain I would have never known what was happening! We had the best day ever, thank you Amy and Willowdale Estate!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Chris M

Emily and I got married this past weekend (10/21) at Willowdale and we cannot express how amazing the experience was. It was a true fairy tale wedding in every sense of the word. The property is beautiful in the fall and the building itself has so much personality. Emily and I... Read More worked with Monique who helped us every step of the way. She got to know both myself and Emily and our interests. By the time the wedding rolled around, she felt like one of the family. When we started planning for our wedding, both Emily and I had no idea about the process or any specifics. Monique patiently walked us through a checklist to make sure we had thought things over and tailored our wedding to fit our personalities. The end result was rustic elegance at its finest. I cannot say enough good things about Willowdale itself and Monique in particular. I would 100% recommend that anyone from New England use Willowdale as a venue for their wedding.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Cait R

Leading up to my wedding, people kept telling me that it would not be perfect-- I'm sure they meant well, but clearly they had never worked with the Willowdale :D Our wedding day was phenomenal: everything was seamless and gorgeous, from the vendor drop offs to the getting... Read More ready suites to the ceremony to the dancing to the final send off. Everyone had an amazing time and the venue couldn't have been more beautiful. Here's the key, though: any place can be beautiful, but the planning team is where the value truly lies, and the Willowdale is UNMATCHED on that score. I was an event planner in my last job, and I'm naturally an anxious person, therefore regrettably uptight about details, but Courtney (Super Courtney, as we came to call her) was with me every step of the way: responsive, kind, thoughtful, and on top of every last minutia. Saying that she handled everything calmly and gracefully doesn't really begin to cover how she exuded this amazing sense of calm and above and beyond competence. The short version is that I would recommend the Willowdale in a heartbeat for a stunning and unforgettable wedding, and I will be singing Courtney's praises for life!

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Nana S

My husband and I had our wedding reception here back in March of 2017, and everything was so perfect that I honestly can’t find anything to complain about even if I tried. I think the pictures speak for themselves regarding how beautiful the property is, but what surprised us... Read More the most was the incredible quality of food and service. We ordered chicken and salmon as our main entrees, and both were perfectly moist on the inside with just the right amount of searing. Their food quality was on par with what I would expect from a high end restaurant, and we are excited to go back for to Willowdale for one of their public events in the near future. We had Nichole as our main coordinator, and she was such a big stress reliever during the entire planning process. Not only was she organized and extremely professional, Nicole just made us feel assured every time we had questions or were stressing over the small details. During cocktail hour, my bridesmaids and I were having hard time figuring out how to bustle the wedding dress. Nichole quickly brought a sampler plate of all appetizers so that I wouldn’t miss out on any of the food I had spent weeks selecting. She also ended up helping us figuring out the skirt situation when none of the us knew what to do. We really felt the pride and care in her work. Having Nicole as our coordinator was such a blessing, and I can only image how our special day would have gone if she was not there for us. Willowdale is such a magical and wonderful place. I have already recommend it to anyone that asks me about my wedding. It’s worth every penny, and you’re guaranteed a special memory if you go choose with Willowdale.

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 sherri m

Willowdale is an amazing wedding venue. Though it was our first choice from the start, we did visit seventeen venues … just in case. Nothing surpassed Willowdale, where it was clear that their use of space and the overall flow of the event would be seamless, unlike most... Read More estate/tent venues we visited. We were also drawn to how Willowdale becomes “yours” and you are encouraged to personalize throughout the mansion. This beautiful estate is the perfect foil for you and your Willowdale planning team to transform into your dream wedding. For our daughter’s June 2017 wedding, we chose the courtyard on-site ceremony. Included, is use of the three upstairs suites for two hours preceding the ceremony. These suites are perfect for those “getting ready” photos and we opted for 3 ½ hours as there was so may parts of this property that the bride wanted captured in her “first look” photos. As for the ceremony, the courtyard is beautiful on its own and can be the perfect setting for any bride, from the minimalist to the extravagant, as it can be finished a multitude of ways. Cocktails were inside the mansion. Here Amy and her staff, along with our florist, had carried out our vision with precision. The foyer tables and great room’s shelves had been personalized with the family photos and decorative elements we had delivered two days before. More elements and flowers had been displayed throughout the mansion. It captured our vision perfectly. During the cocktail hour, signature cocktails were offered and Willowdale provided customized “His” and “Hers” cocktails. The bar was perfectly staffed (yay!) and the appetizers were delicious and plentiful. Meanwhile, Amy and team were finishing the transformation of the tent, and later the courtyard. For the reception, Willowdale had arranged for fairytale twinkle light swags throughout the tent, and the guest and sweetheart tables had been set flawlessly. The dinner service went seamlessly. Chef Ben had worked to custom design our menu with different and additional courses. The food was wonderful and epitomized fine dining. The service, even with the additional course, was coordinated between Amy, Ben, and our DJ to be perfectly timed with the wedding speeches, dances and activities. One of our friends, who owns a number of restaurants, made a notable comment. He stated that coming from the restaurant industry, it is rare for 150 people to be served their entrée within ten minutes of each other and for the particularly challenging salmon entrée to be cooked perfectly. Meanwhile, the courtyard had been transformed. The bar was moved outside with variety of cocktail tables. Espresso Dave and the Willowdale coffee and dessert table were setup. Flowers and décor from the ceremony and cocktail hour were creatively re-purposed by Amy and staff throughout the courtyard. With the bistro lights overhead, the ambiance was that of a European Piazza and was the perfect place for our guests to mix and mingle. With everything being so wonderful, the evening ended too soon, even with our extra hour. As Miss Doolittle stated in My Fair Lady, “I could have danced all night and still have asked for more.” It was all so truly special. From the contracts with Belinda, to the amazing cuisine of Chef Ben and the catering staff, and to the meticulous coordination of Amy Sleeper, the planning team and event staff, you will not receive better care and attention than at Willowdale Estate. Willowdale in one word: Perfection.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Kristina L

My husband and I truly have no words for how amazing our planner, Amy S was. From the moment she reached out to us as our wedding planner, I knew we were in great hands. Excecuting the perfect wedding is a gift, and Amy definitely has what it takes. The day of, she made all of... Read More us feel so comfortable and made the day flow perfectly. There were ZERO mishaps and I have to give all props to Amy for that! Willowdale is such a beautiful venue for your special day. Guests could not stop raving about the scenery they were surrounded by. The food was absolutely delicious as well! If you want all of your wedding dreams to come to life, book here!

Reviewed on 9/23/2017 Deanna C

Willowdale, let's start from day one. My husband had found Willowdale online but knew a little about it since he used to play at Bradley Palmer State Park as a child. When he first showed me the venue online I was unsure because I had always dreamed of a wedding in Boston. We... Read More booked an appointment and as we pulled up I fell in love right away, it was exactly what I didn't know I wanted. The building is amazing and filled with history and the courtyard is breathtaking, especially during the right season. After the tour with Belinda, I knew this was it but we wanted to make sure so we waited to sign the contract. Two days later, there was a box waiting for us filled with mouth-watering cookies. They knew the way to our hearts because right after we devoured the cookies we returned the contract. Any venue who can appreciate food as much as us, is definitely the winner! Throughout the next year of planning, we heard back quickly from the staff anytime we had questions and I had a lot. This was imperative for me since I am a complete control freak/planner. I was nervous when they told us we were assigned a wedding planner only 8-6 weeks before the wedding but the staff knows what they are doing. Nichole was amazing and matched our personalities perfectly. She really cared about us and we could tell we came first with her, she made sure everything was about us and done exactly the way we wanted. The day of the wedding she was amazing! She helped out with my uncle who has autism and made sure the whole bridal party left with everything they came with. My husband ordered me the wrong dish and she was there right away offering what I actually wanted, either way, you can't go wrong with whatever you choose for your meal. Planning a wedding is one of the most stressful things you will ever do in your life and the staff at Willowdale helped me stay as relaxed as you feel after a great massage. I can't gush more about Willowdale, the food, and the staff! Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Kaleigh R

Everything about Willowdale was amazing from the first time we drove up the drive for our tour until we left after our wedding. We visited Willowdale for fun even though it wasn’t on my list of ‘Barn Venues’, and made the mistake of looking at it 2nd in the search. It pretty... Read More much ruined all other venues in our eyes after that (not to mention completely changing my ‘set in stone’ vision I had for the wedding!). Nothing else compares! They set the bar so high, not only with the estate itself, but with the service and wonderful staff who make you feel right at home. We did some serious number crunching, squishing, and stretching to make it work within our (expanded) budget, opting for a Friday wedding with a smaller invite list, however it was 1000% worth it. Everything about our wedding was amazing and magical. Our coordinator was Nichole and she is a Saint. Seriously, she dealt with every request and answered what must have felt like a million questions along the way and was wonderful to work with both leading up to and the day of the wedding. We were lucky (?) to have a 92-degree day for our wedding, and even though it was sweltering outside, she was everywhere at once, and I never saw her without a smile on her face the entire time we were there! She took our décor list and made everything a reality and so much more than we could have asked for! Honestly, I can’t say enough good things about everything. We had more than one guest tell us it was the best wedding they had ever been to, and so many people were just bursting to tell us how great the venue, the food, the service was. I wish I could give it 10 stars! We couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day.

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Michelle E

Willowdale was the absolute best place to have our wedding, and we couldn't have asked for a better venue. They were super accommodating with allergies and let us bring in our grandmothers' homemade cookies. We worked with coordinator Nichole Armano, and from the beginning of... Read More the planning to the day of our wedding, she was an absolute dream to work with. She did all the worrying/background stuff for us so that we could enjoy our special day. The food was delicious (coming from 2 foodies). The bartenders and wait staff were great. It poured on our day, but the staff at Willowdale had a perfect rain plan (still outside, but under the tent with the sides down so guests stayed dry), and everything was still beautiful. I wish we could do it all over again! - Willowdale was the best, and I wouldn't have wanted to get married anywhere else.

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Carmie D

We had no issues with Willowdale, we picked it because with other venues we felt like just another number. The staff at Willowdale made us feel important. Other than a small hiccup with our rehearsal dinner which our point of contact Courtney (who was great) fixed, everyone from... Read More the wedding planner to the servers were very pleasant to work with and nice.

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Jarrod G

Willowdale was an unbelievable venue for our wedding in August. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the tent is truly one of a kind. From start to finish, the staff at Willowdale were there for us helping us create the perfect day. We were assigned Courtney as our... Read More coordinator and she was fantastic. She was right with us the whole day and handled anything that might cause any issues. From a crying bridesmaid to a late/lost dog nanny, she took care of it so we didn't have to and could enjoy our day.The bartenders were professional and friendly and the wait staff was quick and clean. And the FOOD! All of our guest were blown away by how great the food was. I cannot recommend this venue enough. If you are looking for a truly unique and incredible venue, Willowdale is it!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Carolyn S

The Willowdale Estate is absolutely wonderful. Words can not even express how happy I am with the way our wedding went. We had an outdoor tent wedding and it was absolutely magical. The grounds of the Willowdale are gorgeous. Nichole (Our Willowdale coordinator) and her team... Read More did a great job at making sure our day ran smoothly and that everything was all set up perfectly. Nichole not only made sure our day was running smoothly and every little detail was set, she also made sure that Joey and I were okay and had everything we needed throughout the day. Now lets talk about the food... the food was so delicious! All of my guests were raving about it. I highly recommend the mac n' cheese bites! We could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/03/2017 Lisa T

New to the area, recently engaged, two working professional trying to fine a venue (that could meet both our and our family’s grandiose standards and expectations,) and plan a wedding in less than six months! Truly prior to coming to Willdowdale utilizing the Full Service... Read More Planning I never thought it could be done. But when we came to Willowdale Estate and got assigned Monique as our Full Service Planning, she made it easy and effortless always providing me comfort and reassurance along the way. Finding A Wedding Site: When we first starting looking for a wedding site, the process was daunting. I felt like we kept visiting “Wedding Factors” trying to get as many brides in and out in the same day! But then we found Willowdale Estate. Every part of the experience at Willowdale was special, driving through the beautiful trees, up to the architecture of Willowdale (My now husband is an architect and being married in a place that was visually stimulating, has history, and permanent beauty was important.) As you walk up, you can smell the gardens, as you enter they always have refreshments waiting for you. Going there for planning events was always a highlight. The Staff/Full Service Planning: Due to my hectic lifestyle and long hours (I am a doctor and while planning our wedding we sold a house out of state, bought a house in MA, moved, got a puppy, etc life) I opted get the Full Service Planning. Monique was amazing, smart, kind, professional, and attentive, providing a level of customer service above what is seen now-a-days. She had a way of making me feel like I was the only bride she worked with. She worked with my schedule; she was available on nights and weekends for questions or meetings, if needed. She helped schedule vendors around my schedule as well; so if I took a day off I was as productive as possible! She made the whole process manageable; developing a timeline, so at no one point did I ever have too much to do. Monique also made my vision of a perfect wedding come true. I mean my wedding was everything I dreamed it would/could be! Not to sound corny but sometimes I miss talking to Monique now that the wedding is over… She was truly a pleasure to work with. The Day Of My Wedding: We were able to arrive to Willowdale Estate early in the morning, and get ready there (hair and make-up.) Monique had breakfast for us (bagels, yogurt, muffins, coffee, mimosas, and other yum yums) and lunch sandwiches of our choosing (They even made my husband PB and J which is what he eats when he is nervous or overwhelmed, providing comfort.) At the last minute, one of the groom’s men could not make it due to a plane problem; Monique rearranged everything, letting all the vendors know, and the wedding went without a glitch. Literally, the day went seamlessly. Monique always made sure we had food available to us, and that we had time to eat. On the day of our wedding we got to relax and have a good time. Whenever someone asked me a question I said, “I don’t know ask Monique” I was totally dependent on her! Looking back at the day the only thing we say we would want different, is that we wish the day was longer! And I hope that one day I get a chance to attend a wedding at Willowdale Estate! Food: I won’t go into detail but the food was amazing! And the cookies and literally to DIE FOR! Monique packed us some desserts for our send off, and our first fight was over who got the last cookie!

Reviewed on 8/31/2017 Mallory B

We truly cannot put into words how much we loved Willowdale and how perfect they made our wedding day (and the entire planning process leading up to the wedding). From our initial tour we instantly fell in love with this venue. The mansion, courtyard and tent setup are all... Read More absolutely breathtaking. It was supposed to thunderstorm all afternoon and night the day of our wedding (it ended up staying dry for the most part), but we didn’t stress for a moment for a simple reason – the backup plan is just about as nice as the outdoor space. The entire staff is extremely professional, supportive and amazing at what they do – they are pros and take their work seriously, but are also light and easy to deal with. The online planning portal was an extremely helpful resource and made the planning process simple – and the preferred vendors that we used were absolutely wonderful. Our wedding coordinator Courtney was SPECTACULAR at making sure our big day was beyond anything we could have imagined. We cannot say enough good things about her - she is a magician. There was a seamless flow from our ceremony to cocktail hour to reception and Courtney ensured that we had nothing to stress about the entire day. She was so kind and helpful throughout the entire process. The food was absolutely delicious and guests are still telling us how great everything was – the appetizers, entrees, and of course the incredible COOKIES. The presentation of all the food was like a work of art, too. We are so incredibly thankful that we had our wedding here. Willowdale is a truly magical place and we cannot recommend it highly enough.