Willowdale Estate

Topsfield, MA

Book Your Wedding with Willowdale Estate

A HISTORIC VENUE IN TOPSFIELD, MA

Situated in Topsfield, MA, the Willowdale Estate is a unique venue that couples will find truly captivating. This historic mansion is surrounded by natural beauty and the wedding planning team is available to help coordinate all of the moving parts that make up your special day. Since the estate only accepts one wedding per day, you can be sure you'll get the undivided attention from the staff on the day of your nuptials. Private tours are given by appointment only.

Courtyard Garden. The Courtyard Garden is typically used between the months of May through October and is capable of hosting up to 240 of your closest friends and family members.

Glass Conservatory. Once the weather begins to get a bit chilly, generally between the months of November through April, couples can plan an indoor wedding with views of the great outdoors. The conservatory features glass windows that go around the building and even cover the area above it. The space has ample outside lighting, so it's possible to have a candle-lit ceremony if you'd like. This space welcomes up to 125 guests.

Sperry Tent Pavilion. Couples looking for a reception with the outdoor feel, but protection from the rain will love the Sperry Tent Pavilion. There's a concrete tent pad for extra comfort.

Great Room. Another reception location is the Great Room. This indoor space has plenty of room for sitting down to a delicious meal and then dancing the night away after.

Wedding packages depend on the time of year you plan on having your wedding; however, there are a few items that remain the same throughout the packages. Couples will be presented with a comprehensive wedding planning guide that will help them from the moment of engagement to the day they say "I do." Next, the bride and groom are given layout diagrams, which will help with creating a seating chart. Use of the white garden chairs is complimentary and furniture for food stations is complimentary, and the catering package includes the linens, flatware and glassware.

The wedding coordinator will set up a time for a group tasting, a meeting to finalize the details, and even a time for you to drop off your decorations. The wedding coordinator will help you select a menu that contains dishes made using only fresh locally sourced ingredients. The added flavor will leave your guests raving about the meals for weeks to come.

An extra perk that's available to the bride and her bridesmaids is the bridal suite. Use this space to get your wedding dress on, have your hair and make-up done or simply to keep the groom from seeing you before the ceremony begins. As an added bonus, select the warm chocolate chip cookie bar at the end of the evening for guests who are starting to get the munchies.

Weddings & Events

Your once-in-a-lifetime celebration deserves a one-of-a-kind setting. Let us help you realize your wedding vision for a day that is easy to plan and impossible to forget! Service-centered sensibilities. Carefully crafted occasions. Modern amenities. Historical surroundings. Innovative cuisine.

• Outdoor - Covered

7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100
E1eec2fa 862e 440c a4af 88efcd21e112~rs 100

24 Asbury Street, Topsfield, MA (978) 887-8211

Reviewed on 8/19/2017 Techla C

We absolutely loved our wedding at Willowdale Estate! The venue is absolutely gorgeous, the food delicious, & the staff is kind, knowledgeable, & attentive. Our experience was amazing from beginning to end. From our first visit to Willowdale, we were hooked! Kaitlin, who gave... Read More us our tour, patiently guided us around the beautiful estate while we asked lots of questions & explored every nook and cranny of the property. We were blown away by the beauty of the place; the perfectly groomed gardens, the impressive glass ceiling, & the amazing suites were more than we could have hoped for. Also, the team was setting up for an event & the organization & efficiency was impressive. We could immediately tell that the team at Willowdale was a well-oiled machine. The planning experience was great as well. We only had 10 months to plan our wedding day & we never felt overwhelmed or neglected. Every time we called with a question, any member of the team was able to help us. When we wanted an extra visit to measure for flowers & take photos, it was granted. When they had not heard from us for a while, they called to check in. The portal was easy to use for planning & payment & the resources were very helpful. I also cannot say enough wonderful things about our Wedding coordinator Nichole! We LOVE her! We felt like she had our back at every step along the way & by the time our wedding came along, she was a great ally and friend. At our initial planning meeting, Nichole took the time to make sure that we covered every aspect of our day & that translated into the smoothest event! We were really able to make the wedding our own! Nichole was a great resource & organized all of our vendors seamlessly. She had helpful suggestions at our planning meeting & offered helpful advice. We wanted to add some unique touches in terms of décor & this was not only accepted but encouraged. On our wedding day, Nichole was able to articulate our overall vision PERFECTLY!!!! It was almost as if we set it up ourselves! Nichole and the whole team were amazing. They were so organized from the rehearsal to the décor pick up. Nichole checked up on us without hovering. She made sure that we were well cared for all night & even packed us cookies because she noticed we were too busy dancing to get dessert. I have no reservations in saying that Nichole is an excellent weeding coordinator; she was all we could have asked for and more! Our guests could not say enough about their experience at Willowdale! So many of them reached out & told us that they had the best time. Our friends and family could not stop talking about how beautiful the venue was and how great the staff was. They loved how we were able to incorporate so many of our own special touches and commented on how smooth the weather plan was. They talked about the food; wonderful appetizers, a delicious signature cocktail, a great meal with attentive service & the most delicious chocolate chip cookies! Many of our people told us that it was the BEST food they had at a wedding. Our guests felt comfortable exploring the grounds and mansion, hanging out in the beautifully lit courtyard, & dancing the night away under the elegant tent. Overall, we were happy to hear all of the wonderful feedback. We wished for our guests to have a great time & a memorable night & Willowdale delivered! We would highly recommend this venue to couples looking for a memorable experience. Thank you, Willowdale, for the best night of our lives!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Claudia S

My husband and I were married exactly one month ago today at the Willowdale Estate. To say it was the best day of our lives is an understatement. From start to finish, our experience at Willowdale was undeniably amazing, and our wedding guests have all said that it was the best... Read More wedding they've ever attended. From the very beginning, every staff member was extremely attentive at responding to emails, calls, etc. And then we met Courtney, our wedding coordinator. She was simply amazing - having to deal with unruly groomsmen, people asking the same questions over and over, and organizing family/wedding party - it was truly flawless and I felt very comfortable with her in charge. The food was incredible from cocktail hour to the warm chocolate chip cookie bar at the end. My only wish was that we could get the recipe! Courtney even patiently helped me box up every single last cookie as I was a hungry bride at the end of the night and pretty much told her I wanted them all to come home with me :) Courtney and the staff were excellent at setting up all of my decor - and did it in even smarter ways than I had thought of - as well as doing an excellent job at re-purposing bridesmaids bouquets, centerpieces etc to ensure that every room looked beautiful. We got married inside of the estate - originally we wanted to get married in June which would have meant an outdoor, tent wedding. I am so happy that we moved our wedding up to April and got married inside! Every room is filled with detail that your guests will be raving about for days/weeks/months to come. There is nothing I can say that is negative about Willowdale. I cried the first time I saw it and I cried when it was over! I hope to be back again for an event over the summer - it's just too beautiful of a place to stay away from. Thank you Courtney and everyone at Willowdale!

Reviewed on 2/02/2018 Jay M

Willowdale is perfect. It is the perfect venue for a wedding. It’s picturesque from the mansion to the courtyard and lush scenery. Once you visit and speak with their super friendly staff, it is nearly impossible to pick any place else. We were fortunate to have Amy Sleeper... Read More as our wedding coordinator and she was amazing from start to finish and especially spectacular the day of our wedding! Also, don’t get me started on their homemade cookies… Yum! Several attendees of my wedding are now even planning on getting married there when they get hitched! From the whole process, the only critique I have is they aren’t very adept at explaining implicit contractual terms, so if you are reserving the venue and choosing food/ bar packages choose the lowest options and you can also switch to the upgraded options a few weeks before but never the other way. –Jay & Michelina Megaro (video link: https://vimeo.com/253039737)

Reviewed on 1/21/2018 D S

Willowdale was fantastic - my husband and I love the outdoors and enjoy hiking. Willowdale in the New England autumn season was as perfect a wedding venue as we expected. The food was amazing, the staff and service was impeccable and they were very accommodating of our needs.... Read More Ours was a Hindu / Jewish ceremony with all its particular steps and everything flowed as we expected. We took a chance on the weather in late October but it held and the space heaters were sufficient for that night. They were also very easy to work with and worked to make things easier for us in the week leading up to the big day in terms of decor drop off and pick up, and set up and breakdown of our mandap (Hindu altar). Highly recommend the venue, in all seasons!

Reviewed on 1/08/2018 Leah M

We recently had our wedding at Willowdale Estate and we were extremely pleased with the entire experience. From Kaitlin's tour of the property and guidance during the sales process to Amy's flawless execution of the planning from start to finish on the wedding day. I was... Read More unfortunately quite sick during the days leading up to and day of the wedding. Amy Sleeper took care of all the last minute details and got me through the day with a smile on my face. Amy Sleeper was the angel on my shoulder that kept me on my feet and everything going smoothy! Our love and gratitude to Amy!!! I received many compliments from my wedding party, family and guests about the food, service and atmosphere. The food was absolutely amazing, hands down best wedding dinner ever. I heard this from every single guest. Still weeks later my friends and family are still talking about the food and the service was impeccable. Willowdale Estate isn't just a wedding venue, its a unique place that makes you feel enchanted in such a way as to seem removed from everyday life. I would highly recommend this venue! Leah

Reviewed on 1/07/2018 Laura H

From the moment we arrived at Willowdale, we knew that we had found the perfect place for our wedding. Amy, Belinda, Chef Lightbody, and their teams were excellent partners during our extended planning period. We booked almost year-and-a-half in advance in order to get a... Read More Saturday wedding at the very end of Spring 2017. The team was warm and welcoming, and we were consistently pleasantly surprised at how dedicated everyone at Willowdale was to making the day perfect. We love to cook and eat well, so having an on-site catering team was a huge plus for us. Chef Lightbody put together a delicious menu and the execution and attention to detail impressed everyone. The dinner tasting a few months before our wedding was a great and got us really excited for our big day. Our personal coordinator, Amy, is a gem. Along with guiding us through the final planning stages, she did a magnificent job on the wedding day to keep things running perfectly. We couldn't be more happy with how everything turned out. Thank you, Willowdale!

Reviewed on 1/05/2018 Ellen O

We had a wonderful experience with the planning and service team at Willowdale. Leading up to our wedding last summer they were always available for questions and walked us through every detail of our day. You are assigned your own personal coordinator who helps give you the... Read More individualized attention you need. Everything is planned in advance so the day of you just have to relax and enjoy! I'm sure many brides and grooms imagine being stressed on their wedding day - or worry about something going wrong - but we felt at ease knowing that our coordinator Amy was there for us. The pictures speak for themselves, but it truly is a beautiful venue. Everything from the hor d'oeuvres to the dinner service to dessert is presented in such an elegant and unique way. People couldn't stop talking about what a great time they had. The team at Willowdale is phenomenal and we couldn't recommend them more!

Reviewed on 1/04/2018 Jodi K

My name is Jodi and my husband and I got married at the Willowdale Estate this past July! Honestly, from the moment we laid eyes on the Willowdale as we turned up the driveway, we knew there was no reason to look any further. Everyone who we had the pleasure to work with during... Read More the process went above and beyond to make sure that our wedding was everything we hoped it be. The venue in the summer was absolutely breath-taking. For our wedding details, were able to work closer with our coordinator, Amy, who was amazing. Any question or request that I had, the response was immediate. She made the entire planning experience so easy, and fun! We wish we could relive our wedding day a million times over. The grounds were gorgeous, the food was to die for, and all of our guests (and the both of us of course) had an incredible time! We really cannot say enough about it! A big big thank you goes to Amy and our vendors for helping us create a dream of a day!

Reviewed on 1/01/2018 Sara H

We had the most spectacular August wedding. Willowdale helped with all the details and all was stunningly perfect. The staff was fun to work with and nothing but professional at each venture of the planning process. On top of all this, the food and presentation was incredible;... Read More we still have family and friends who comment on it! A special shoutout to Amy for all her hard work! Honestly, could not have had a better experience and would highly recommend Willowdale to any venue shopping couple. An added surprise bonus: beautiful hummingbirds made an appearance during our outdoor ceremony!

Reviewed on 12/30/2017 Emily J

We got married at Willowdale the end of October. It was the most amazing day. The venue was absolutely beautiful and all of our guests couldn't stop talking about how it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding. Amy, our wedding coordinator made sure the day ran smoothly.... Read More I accidently cut myself and got blood on my dress. Amy saved the day and was able to get most of it out. I would highly recommend Willowdale to anyone looking for a gorgeous rustic setting, with extremely professional staff that will make sure your day is perfect and the most delicious food.

Reviewed on 12/28/2017 Ashley N

My husband and I got married at Willowdale Estate in December 2017. It was, in all honesty, a dream come true. We live on the west coast so a lot of our research was done virtually, but as soon as we saw pictures from a winter wedding in the mansion we booked immediately. We had... Read More about 90 guests which fit perfectly in the mansion. The holiday decor was warm and inviting. The food was amazing -- everyone left with a fully belly and cookie in their pocket. Our coordinator, Courtney, was very helpful and accommodating. You could tell this wasn't her first rodeo. She was organized and had previous relationships with all our vendors, which made everything go smoothly. It was the best day of our lives and thanks to Willowdale, we had our very own fairy tail wedding!

Reviewed on 12/27/2017 Amy G

We loved our wedding at Willowdale. From the very first visit, we were wowed by the venue and the staff. Everyone was so friendly and helpful, and they really do have options for everyone. Our wedding coordinator, Amy, was very detail-oriented and helped us out every step of... Read More the way, and as a result, the day went off without a hitch! We got married in the mansion this past month and it was beautifully decorated, the food was amazing and our signature cocktails were delicious. This venue is definitely worth a look if you're wanting a classy, sophisticated venue with staff who truly want you to have the best wedding ever!

Reviewed on 12/24/2017 Amy O

Everything about my wedding day at the Willowdale Estate was a dream come true. The location and venue are absolutely charming and cozy. We had a late November wedding, where the venue was decorated for the Christmas holiday. Our guests could not have raved more about the... Read More “intimate” feel of the space. Not only was the space a perfect fit, but the food was truly incredible. Courtney Hickey was our coordinator, and she did an amazing job seeing through our vision, and also taking the reigns on lots of decorating, all vendor contact, and making sure everything went accordingly on the day-of. I would highly recommend this venue for the fall/winter mansion season, as the event will without a doubt be truly special.

Reviewed on 12/23/2017 Caitlin M

Everything on our wedding day was perfect! Our wedding coordinator, Courtney, made everything go smoothly and stress-free. We are so lucky to have found Willowdale for our big day :)

Reviewed on 12/22/2017 Paula C

We visited Willowdale after Christmas last year and fell in love with it on the spot. My daughter celebrated her wedding ceremony and reception at Willowdale Estate on 11/24/17. We had about 125 guests in attendance and it was just perfect for that number. Courtney was our... Read More wedding coordinator. We cannot say enough good things about this venue and about Courtney. You cannot go wrong having a wedding at Willowdale. The venue in November is fully decorated with holiday decor that is stunning....evergreen, silver and gold. The food was excellent. Our guests raved about the appetizers, dinner and dessert! Courtney was responsible, professional, competent and capable. She made our day worry-free. She effortlessly took care of all our needs and accommodated all our wishes and desires. Willowdale is located on the beautiful grounds of the Bradley Palmer state park in Topsfield and we got some excellent outdoor pictures before the sun went down. After sunset, the estate lights up and sparkles in the night. Just beautiful. Would love to do it all over again.

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Renee M

Willowdale Estate gave us the most incredible wedding day! From our first information meeting to the collection of our decor after the wedding, the staff was always accommodating, personable and truly dedicated to giving us the wedding of our dreams. Willowdale at Christmas... Read More time is the perfect backdrop for a wedding! The mansion is decorated with greenery, lights and the right amount of Christmas decor. We worked with Amy and her team and could not have asked for more! She was always available to answer our questions and was on hand to help out the entire day of our wedding. Our guests were amazed by the food, the set up and the estate. We would recommend Willowdale Estate to anyone, for any function!

Reviewed on 12/21/2017 Erin A

Willowdale Estate makes a beautiful venue choice for a winter wedding! The holiday decorations that were up were a gorgeous addition to our decor and made decorating an already beautiful venue very easy. Many of our wedding guests commented that the food was incredible and that... Read More they were very impressed by the attentiveness of the staff. On the planning end, the Willowdale staff (especially Courtney!) made the planning process painless and easy! No question or request was too ridiculous and I always felt at ease. Highly recommend this venue for a winter wedding.

Reviewed on 12/19/2017 Rebecca S

This place was amazing!! I could not imagine a more beautiful place to get married. The food was by far the most delicious food I have ever had at a catered event and even better than food I have had at fancy restaurants. The staff was professional and provided excellent... Read More service. Our wedding coordinator outdid herself by adding lots of little touches to make it a uniquely special experience. I cannot say enough good things. While this was not an inexpensive way throw a wedding reception, we feel like we more than got our money's worth. Everything was just that good.

Reviewed on 12/12/2017 Mariel P

I truly wish I could give the Willowdale more than five stars because they went above and beyond for every step of the wedding process. We were in great hands from day one of the wedding planning process to our end of wedding send off. My mouth is still watering thinking about... Read More the delightful food and the service was simply impeccable. Now I am secretly hoping some friends will choose to marry there so I can go back!

Reviewed on 12/08/2017 Andrea M

It has been 7 days today since my wedding day!! I am still on cloud 9 from that day!! It was perfect! Amy Sleeper and the staff at Willowdale have mastered perfection. Planning was absolutely stress free. Amy made everything super easy and really made us feel at ease that... Read More everything was to our liking! Food was fabulous, staff was amazing! Did I mention this place is gorgeous?!

Reviewed on 12/05/2017 Kate C

My Husband and I got married 10/20/2017 at Willowdale Estate. Our experience was absolutely incredible. From the moment we walked in to the mansion on our first visit to our wedding night. Nichole our wedding coordinator went above and beyond to make our wedding day extremely... Read More special and magical. It was beyond what We could have ever imagined. Every single detail that was discussed during our meetings came true. It went above and beyond anything I could have possibly dreamt of! Nichole the day of the wedding kept us on our timeline, made sure we had some cocktail hour food, and made sure we had an amazing time. We still to this day hear about the wedding. The guests have commented and said our wedding was a "perfect", "romantic" wedding, one of the best weddings they have been to. We couldn't agree more! We had the most perfect day! All thanks to Nichole and her staff at Willowdale!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Heather M

My husband and I got married at Willowdale Estate this past November and we have nothing but high praise for this incredibly beautiful venue and well-organized, very helpful staff. We had an indoor mansion wedding and reception in early November. We were all so happy and... Read More comfortable inside the mansion, with the warm glow of candlelight in the glass conservatory, the gorgeous wood, hot apple cider, and cozy lit fireplaces. The catering was fantastic and our guests frequently commented how it was the best wedding food they had ever tasted! The appetizers were oh-so-good and of course their chocolate chip cookies and seasonal mini pies were delicious! Our family and guests were also very impressed with how well organized the staff was and how everything flowed seamlessly from one event to the next. Everyone at Willowdale, from our event coordinator, to the catering staff and servers are really so professional and exceptional at their jobs. My husband and I are both doctors and recently moved to New England when we got engaged, so we didn't know the area and we knew we wouldn't have much time to meticulously plan every detail of our wedding day. That is one of the main reasons we chose Willowdale Estate for our venue - because they anticipated our every wish and pulled it all off flawlessly. We really just had to show up and enjoy each second of the day. Our event coordinator, Nichole, went above and beyond to help make our day special and we couldn't be more grateful. She even helped us find babysitters for my nieces and nephews, and the sitters were able to watch the kids on the upper level of the mansion while their parents danced downstairs. The mansion really felt like our home that day, absolutely full with love and happiness, and I wish we could have stayed there forever! It really was such a beautiful day and we are so happy we decided to celebrate at Willowdale!

Reviewed on 11/28/2017 Surey R

I knew I wanted our wedding to take place in a beautiful historic home, but due to availability issues (we had a less than 6 month engagement), budget, and travel concerns for our many non-local family members, we were worried this may not be a possibility. We visited 3 venues... Read More on a Saturday in mid-September. Willowdale was our second stop. The moment we wrapped up our tour of the third one, we called Willowdale and secured our date! While we were initially a little worried about booking before our tasting, since the next tasting event wasn't until late November, we saw how much everyone raved in reviews about the food and figured we'd be fine. Let me tell you, the reviews were right! The tasting was a wonderful culinary experience that still makes my mouth water every time I remember it. And every single food element at our wedding followed suit. It's been 9 months, and people still comment about how delicious everything was and how beautiful the venue turned out. As if the great food and gorgeously inviting ambiance wasn't enough, all the staff members at Willowdale that we interacted with throughout the entire planning process were top-notch professionals. You can feel how much they genuinely care to make your day perfect. Their attention to detail, understanding, and execution of our vision far surpassed our expectations! It felt wonderful to be able to just focus on enjoying our big day while all the little details were flawlessly handled behind the scenes. A few weeks after the wedding, we received a touching thank you note and a box of the famous Willowdale cookies (which we also had at our reception as a late night snack). Oh my gosh, those cookies!!! I would special order those anytime. Our Willowdale wedding experience was so much more than we could've imagined, and this venue will forever hold a special little place in our hearts.

Reviewed on 11/20/2017 Andrea C

I fell in love with the venue the minute we pulled up to the front door the first time. Everyone that works there has only one goal in mind...to make it the best possible day for the bride, groom and their guests. The food is so amazing that I had to make time to eat it, having... Read More had a sample at the wonderful tasting a few months before our wedding. Courtney was our coordinator and I can't even imagine what my stress level would have been without. It was a seamless last minute decision to move the ceremony inside due to the weather and Courtney and her crew made it possible. She even was able to get the kitchen to make special chocolate chip cookies that I could eat with all of my allergies, that just made the night PERFECT!!!

Reviewed on 11/17/2017 Gavin M

My wife and I got married at Willowdale Estate on October 27 and I could not be more thrilled to recommend this venue to anyone getting married. To start, the venue is beautiful. The mansion is positively exquisite and the grounds surrounding it create a unique setting for both... Read More your wedding ceremony and reception (and, to be honest, any type of event). Finding locations on the property to take pictures was incredibly easy and the results were breathtaking. Quite literally, the biggest challenge was trying to limit our locations so that we weren't taking photos all day! The food was absolutely incredible! I went into the tasting thinking I had a good handle on what I wanted for appetizers however when we were given the chance to taste all of their offerings my mind was blown and the game plan changed. Things I thought I'd hate I actually loved and we wound up with an appetizer selection that was featured items from al over the menu. Our guests could not have been more complimentary of all of the food served that night. Finally, we were very fortunate to have been paired with Nichole Armano as our coordinator. From the very beginning it was quite clear Nichole knew what she was doing -- something that allowed my wife and I to sleep easier and feel confident that things would go off without a hitch. Nichole is incredibly detail oriented, hardworking and flexible. She was willing to work with us on virtually every detail/idea we had and when she could not wholly accommodate us she was quick to come up with a solution or compromise that met (and in some instances exceeded) our original ideas and expectations. Finally, the actual day of the wedding is incredibly hectic. I had been told this repeatedly but nothing can compare you for it. Nichole made sure that my wife and I were getting drinks when our glasses were empty and that plates of appetizers were making their way to us during the cocktail hour so that we were able to enjoy every little part of this event we'd worked so hard to plan. So to conclude: beautiful venue, amazing grounds, incredible food and wonderful people to work with.