Willowdale Estate

Topsfield, MA

Book Your Wedding with Willowdale Estate

A GARDEN IN TOPSFIELD, MA

Situated in Topsfield, MA, the Willowdale Estate is a unique venue that couples will find truly captivating. This historic mansion is surrounded by natural beauty and the wedding planning team is available to help coordinate all of the moving parts that make up your special day. Since the estate only accepts one wedding per day, you can be sure you'll get the undivided attention from the staff on the day of your nuptials. Private tours are given by appointment only.

Courtyard Garden. The Courtyard Garden is typically used between the months of May through October and is capable of hosting up to 240 of your closest friends and family members.

Glass Conservatory. Once the weather begins to get a bit chilly, generally between the months of November through April, couples can plan an indoor wedding with views of the great outdoors. The conservatory features glass windows that go around the building and even cover the area above it. The space has ample outside lighting, so it's possible to have a candle-lit ceremony if you'd like. This space welcomes up to 125 guests.

Sperry Tent Pavilion. Couples looking for a reception with the outdoor feel, but protection from the rain will love the Sperry Tent Pavilion. There's a concrete tent pad for extra comfort.

Great Room. Another reception location is the Great Room. This indoor space has plenty of room for sitting down to a delicious meal and then dancing the night away after.

Wedding packages depend on the time of year you plan on having your wedding; however, there are a few items that remain the same throughout the packages. Couples will be presented with a comprehensive wedding planning guide that will help them from the moment of engagement to the day they say "I do." Next, the bride and groom are given layout diagrams, which will help with creating a seating chart. Use of the white garden chairs is complimentary and furniture for food stations is complimentary, and the catering package includes the linens, flatware and glassware.

The wedding coordinator will set up a time for a group tasting, a meeting to finalize the details, and even a time for you to drop off your decorations. The wedding coordinator will help you select a menu that contains dishes made using only fresh locally sourced ingredients. The added flavor will leave your guests raving about the meals for weeks to come.

An extra perk that's available to the bride and her bridesmaids is the bridal suite. Use this space to get your wedding dress on, have your hair and make-up done or simply to keep the groom from seeing you before the ceremony begins. As an added bonus, select the warm chocolate chip cookie bar at the end of the evening for guests who are starting to get the munchies.

Weddings & Events

Your once-in-a-lifetime celebration deserves a one-of-a-kind setting. Let us help you realize your wedding vision for a day that is easy to plan and impossible to forget! Service-centered sensibilities. Carefully crafted occasions. Modern amenities. Historical surroundings. Innovative cuisine.

• Outdoor - Covered

Garden, Estate, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

Bow2010

24 Asbury Street, Topsfield, MA (978) 887-8211

Reviewed on 2/05/2016 Emily M

My husband and I were married in this beautiful home in December 2015. It was absolutely the most joyful day of our lives, and we are so grateful to Willowdale and the wonderful team Months prior, I had been trying to describe Willowdale Estate to my family and friends from... Read More California. It went something like this: "It has this warmth and graciousness to it..." "It's the sort of place where you can pretend being a heroine in a Jane Austen novel" "It just feels like home.". These (lame!) attempts were always followed by me explaining: "You really have to experience it for yourself." To be honest, I'm finding myself in the same fix when trying to write this review! The house itself is beautiful. The grounds are wild and inspiring and utterly romantic. There's with an understated elegance and warmth to the whole estate it that's difficult to describe. With the halls decked for the holiday season, it's simply enchanting. And then there's the people who work there. They are absolutely wonderful and supportive and encouraging. It's immediately evident that they love this home, love their work, and they really know how to throw a good party. We worked with both Belinda and Courtney in our booking and planning process and had such an incredible experience. They were both accommodating, positive, organized, and completely devoted to us and our wedding. We could not have pulled it off without them - especially sweet Courtney, who did more than we will probably ever know to make sure that everything went beautifully! Really, the entire staff was wonderful. Our bartenders were so kind, our servers were fabulous, and the kitchen crew was so much fun (and took excellent care of me when I spilled coffee on my dress!) And the food! Two months later, our guests are still raving about the food! There are so many pieces that go into planning a wedding. When I think about it now, I'm struck by how I spent months looking at papers and spreadsheets and notes trying to plan something that I could only vaguely envision. It is another thing entirely to actually experience it for yourself. In our planning, my husband and I had hoped that our wedding day would evoke feelings of warmth, joy, graciousness, and belonging ... but our wedding was so, so much more than I could have ever imagined. Willowdale just felt like home. You really have to experience it for yourself!

Reviewed on 5/02/2016 Claudia S

My husband and I were married exactly one month ago today at the Willowdale Estate. To say it was the best day of our lives is an understatement. From start to finish, our experience at Willowdale was undeniably amazing, and our wedding guests have all said that it was the best... Read More wedding they've ever attended. From the very beginning, every staff member was extremely attentive at responding to emails, calls, etc. And then we met Courtney, our wedding coordinator. She was simply amazing - having to deal with unruly groomsmen, people asking the same questions over and over, and organizing family/wedding party - it was truly flawless and I felt very comfortable with her in charge. The food was incredible from cocktail hour to the warm chocolate chip cookie bar at the end. My only wish was that we could get the recipe! Courtney even patiently helped me box up every single last cookie as I was a hungry bride at the end of the night and pretty much told her I wanted them all to come home with me :) Courtney and the staff were excellent at setting up all of my decor - and did it in even smarter ways than I had thought of - as well as doing an excellent job at re-purposing bridesmaids bouquets, centerpieces etc to ensure that every room looked beautiful. We got married inside of the estate - originally we wanted to get married in June which would have meant an outdoor, tent wedding. I am so happy that we moved our wedding up to April and got married inside! Every room is filled with detail that your guests will be raving about for days/weeks/months to come. There is nothing I can say that is negative about Willowdale. I cried the first time I saw it and I cried when it was over! I hope to be back again for an event over the summer - it's just too beautiful of a place to stay away from. Thank you Courtney and everyone at Willowdale!

May Willowdale Wedding

Reviewed on 12/03/2015 Laurie L

Where do we even start? This place is absolutely gorgeous – it has all of the magical touches one thinks of when envisioning a wedding. From the gorgeous mansion to the stunning tent to the lights and vibrant garden. We pulled up to Willowdale in the dead of winter and still... Read More couldn’t find another venue that could compare. The staff is top notch; they are extremely great planners and very detail oriented. We worked with Nichole and she was absolutely amazing. She made our day more than we could have ever imagined. Nichole had the ability to take our vision and truly run with it. To be honest we are not the one’s really writing the review, the overwhelming positive response from our guests are. Everyone had so much fun, they loved the food and the charm of the mansion. They really enjoyed the signature drinks and amazing cookies. It was very clear things were organized and running very smoothly from the start. Nichole and her team really made our day special – she also took all of the pressure off of the last minute details and handled everything we needed with great care. We hope one of our friends/family will book an event with Willowdale in the future so we can go back!

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Leah G

I can't begin to describe how helpful everyone at Willowdale Estate was throughout our entire planning process and especially the wedding day. Nichole went above and beyond to make sure every single detail was perfect. She was always one step ahead of us and anticipated... Read More everything we needed. Our wedding day was seamless and we definitely have her to thank for that. Our family and bridal party couldn't stop talking about how amazing Nichole and the rest of the team were either! Our fairytale spring wedding in the courtyard was beyond anything I could have ever hoped for. We love Willowdale!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017 Calvin K

Willowdale Estate was the perfect location for our June wedding. From the first time you visit you feel the magic of the location. We barely needed to decorate at all because of how beautiful the whole venue is. It was wonderful to have the entire Estate to ourselves and our... Read More guest had an amazing time. Many of my family members work in catering and they were incredibly impressed with the quality of the food, wine, and service. They brought out the entrees for everyone within minutes of starting, which was particularly nice. Nichole our coordinator was very well organized and was able to manage both a ceremony change and a last minute rain with grace and ease. Even under the tent it was wonderful. Our only two complaints were that they forgot the shrimp cocktail (they immediately apologized and refunded us the cost), and misspelled the name of our signature cocktail (which they also immediately rectified). Overall an amazing event for everyone.

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Danielle K

The venue is absolutely gorgeous, the catering is delicious and the staff is fantastic!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Stefanie W

My husband and I were married here in July and I cannot say enough great things. Seeing Willowdale the first time, we fell in love with the beautiful grounds and rustic and whimsical touches, but the service we received planning our wedding really sets Willowdale apart. I can... Read More honestly say that not once during the planning process were we stressed and that was due to our assigned coordinator, Amy's, transparency, thoroughness and support. She made sure our day was truly perfect from the very beginning of planning to making sure we had a last drink at the end of the night. Every single detail was taken care of for us so that we could relax and enjoy our night. While Willowdale itself is beyond beautiful, their support from beginning to end made certain that our night was everything we imagined it would be. The food was impeccable, service second to none and grounds perfection! Our wedding was our real life fairytale and we wouldn't have changed a single thing. Almost a month later, we are still hearing that our wedding was the most beautiful event people have attended!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Wendy C

We cannot say enough about how amazing a venue Willowdale is!! From the moment we booked with Belinda (who is just an absolute pleasure to work with!) we knew that we were going to be in good hands. Their attention to detail is spot on which is evident from the moment you do... Read More your first tour, to your wedding tasting, details meetings, and of course on the big day. We were confident that we would not have to worry about anything on the day of. Although you get assigned your official wedding coordinator approximately 10 weeks out, their planning team is always available by phone call or e-mail to help with all your questions leading up to your wedding! We had the honor of working with Amy for our wedding and I couldn't say enough great things about her. Amy was professional, calm, patient, and took our vision and brought it to life on our wedding day. She kept us focused and kept the day flowing and most importantly on schedule, even when there were a few bumps in the road! We received numerous compliments on how beautiful the venue was, and how delicious the food was and we couldn't agree more! The statler chicken and the top sirloin pave were amazing, and of course the famous chocolate chip cookies just melt in your mouth (they even brought one of our guests to tears! - no joke!). At first when we were booking, we were worried there would be bugs and mosquitos, however Willowdale takes numerous steps to keep them at bay, and we never noticed any! The groomsmen and bridal suites are spacious and comfortable ( a little warm though despite the AC), but none-the-less, a great place to put the finishing touches on and relax before the ceremony. One of the best parts of Willowdale is that they really utilize the entire property with every part of the day having a unique backdrop, you really get to experience all the property has to offer and if needed, their rain plan is great! We can't thank the entire staff enough, they were a pleasure to work with!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Katherine H

We cannot say enough good things about Willowdale. Everyone who works there, from the parking attendants to the wedding coordinators, goes out of their way to make sure you are happy and well taken care of. The estate itself is beautiful, in any season and any type of weather.... Read More The food was amazing. We wanted a venue that served delicious food and Willowdale did not disappoint. Our coordinator, Amy, was so sweet and easy to work with. She answered all of our questions and kept our wedding day running smoothly. We have received so many compliments from our guests and can’t tell you how many people have told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Cynthia L

My husband and I were married at the Willowdale Estate on April 2, 2017. It was truly magical and a number of our guests shared that it was the best wedding they ever attended. The food was made to perfection, the rustic mansion was absolutely beautiful, and the staff were very... Read More professional and friendly. The planning process was smooth. Amy Sleeper was our wedding coordinator and she was well organized, patient and paid close attention to detail. The team at Willowdale Estate knows how to do weddings and they truly think of everything and connect you to other services you may need. Amy accommodated our every request, from ensuring we had private time to eat (some brides never have time to enjoy the dinner), to making sure we could dance the night away to the amazing band they connected us to (Young Love & the Thrills). We also loved the three suites provided on the second floor. We each had our own suite and the third one was for the clergy (my father, my husband's uncle and my uncle are all ministers). The day of the wedding, my husband and I were stress free and enjoyed the day from start to finish. We highly recommend this venue and Willowdale Estate will forever hold a special place in our hearts.

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Maddie G

Willowdale was absolutely perfect for our wedding! First, it is a stunning place with many interesting and neat rooms and details. We loved that the space is elegant and natural - classy without being showy or too formal. The back patio/garden were full of plants and... Read More flowers. The food (provided through Willowdale) was exceptional restaurant quality. The staff was incredibly helpful and thought of every last detail. They helped coordinate other vendors, had plenty of suggestions, and were a joy to talk to. They were quick and helpful with any and all questions I had along the way. I was in school full-time while planning and they made everything so easy and executed it perfectly. Thank you Willowdale for making our wedding so wonderful (and so easy and fun to plan!).

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Mack S

We got married at The Willowdale Estate on May 27th, 2017. It was nothing short of magical, and every one of our guests commented that it was the best wedding they had been to. The best food, the best venue, and just a great atmosphere! The planning process was personal and the... Read More staff at Willowdale are nothing short of unbelievable. I would recommend this venu to anyone. Getting ready was great, overlooking the courtyard and the tent. Amy Sleeper was our wedding coordinator and she was patient with us and extremely thorough with an uncanny attention to detail. Willowdale will forever hold a special place in our hearts!

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Shayna C

Willowdale is truly a magical venue with a fairytale ambiance with string lights, cobblestone and gorgeous flowers and greenery. Yet, what makes Willowdale the absolute best in New England is the people and incredible attention to detail. From start to finish, each staff member... Read More was clearly an expert and expressed that they were there to make our day and planning easier. The food is phenomenal - we received so many compliments from the passed appetizers to the beautifully presented entrees. Our coordinator Courtney is a dream! Our day was simply perfect and without any glitches thanks to Courtney's flawless execution of our design and ideas, hospitality, veteran wedding expertise and genuine kindness. We are so grateful that we had our wedding at Willowdale and look forward to visiting in the future!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Catherine M

Our wedding was almost a month ago at Willowdale, and it was absolutely amazing! The venue itself is just so so beautiful, with everything in bloom in the courtyard where our ceremony was held to the vintage estate itself. That is what sold us on having our wedding there! (And... Read More the chocolate chip cookies they sent us in the mail after visiting, of course...) Besides the venue itself and it's beauty, our Willowdale wedding coordinator, Courtney, was beyond pleasant to work with! She was very sweet and accommodating, and answered any questions we had regarding pretty much anything at all. Another amazing quality of Willowdale was the FOOD!! Omg, mouth-watering! Everything is cooked right there in the kitchen, so you know it's fresh and coming out to temp, from the apps to the entrees. The serving and bar staff was very attentive, and helpful as well! We requested they bring out appetizer platters as we took formal photos, and they did, and also brought rounds of drinks for the entire wedding party. So many of our guests told us afterward that it was one of the most amazing, beautiful, and fun weddings they've ever been to, and how much they loved the food! I would say it was a win for us! Thank you Willowdale!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Katy L

We found Willowdale online and were really encouraged by the awesome reviews it had. We fell in love with it ourselves when we took a tour of the venue site and were beyond impressed with the professionalism of the entire staff and with the detail and thought that clearly went... Read More into the logistics of wedding and event planning here. We chose the site not only for its beauty and uniqueness, but because we truly felt that the event planning team would help us avoid a lot of the drama and "snags" that plague the planning of any big event, and we were right. A couple of downsides we found with the venue were that since it is located in a state park, you are required to adhere to state laws regarding curfews for noise and alcohol (11pm). Secondly, while the facility is gorgeous, the food is awesome, and the whole staff is super professional and great--you definitely pay a premium for the services you are getting. We worked with Nichole, who served as our coordinator from the beginning of planning through the end of our reception and she was truly phenomenal: extremely calm, caring, attentive to detail, and professional throughout. The venue looked beautiful on the day of our event, everything went smoothly, the food was amazing, but Nichole was honestly the star behind the scenes--from the order of the bridesmaids to keeping our timeline on track to ensuring my husband and I always had a drink in our hand during the reception--she truly took the entire experience we had at Willowdale from great to spectacular. I would recommend any couple in the Boston area to look at Willowdale for a future wedding ceremony and reception site.

Reviewed on 7/08/2017 Emily B

We started looking at wedding venues about a week after we got engaged, and by a week later, we had chosen Willowdale. I saw it first during an open house (which is a great way to see it) and then took my husband back and he fell in love with it as well. It has an old time charm... Read More that is both classy and unpretentious, and we were pleasantly surprised that an April wedding was in our price range. Our experience with the sales team (Kaitlin) was really positive- she made us feel like we were the only people booking a wedding there, and answered all of our questions with her own added personal experience of having had her own wedding there. She helped us to quickly secure the date we wanted, and continued to answer our questions long after we had booked. During the time between booking and being assigned to our specific coordinator, there was an email alias of coordinators that we could email our questions to, and they were always responsive. Don't be afraid to reach out to them during that time, since you'll have lots of questions. We had a disappointing first food tasting (I think we just got an unlucky day with the meals being offered- the cod and the short ribs were bland and dry), but easily booked a second one where they were serving entrees that we were more interested in (you do have to pay for the second one, though- I believe it was $150 for the two of us). We were much happier with the salmon and beef au pave that we tasted the second time around. Overall, the food ended up being great the day of the wedding- our guests all raved about the salmon and the appetizers. We got assigned to our coordinator, Nichole, about 8 weeks out from the wedding, and that felt like a relief after only having contact with the coordinator team through the email alias. She was great to work with in the details meeting and the weeks leading up to the wedding- very upbeat, positive, and organized. I liked that she made sure we both felt involved, even though I'll admit that I was more the wedding planner (my husband focused on the honeymoon). Right before the wedding, I was contacted by someone from Willowdale (not Nichole) asking if we would mind if the tent was set up next to the courtyard (where we would be having our ceremony) for an event the following week. I thanked them for asking, but explained that we really didn't want the tent in all of our ceremony photos, and they understood. I had a little trouble getting a picture of the new birch arbor that they were offering for the ceremony, but eventually I did get one about a month before. The day of the wedding, everything went incredibly smoothly- we paid the additional $100/hr to rent the upstairs suites from 12 noon onwards (totally worth it), and the getting ready food that you can purchase was actually pretty affordable (and delicious). We ended up having a perfect day- the weather was amazing for the end of April (85 degrees and sunny), and everything went perfectly with our vendors, which I'm sure Nichole had a lot to do with. After the wedding, I wondered if anyone had straightened the train of my dress before walking down the aisle, and sure enough in the wedding video, Nichole had. She was on top of every detail. I asked for a cup of tea in the bridal suite, and she brought up an entire tray for everyone. She arranged all of our family photos with great care. Overall, we had a great experience and would recommend it to our best friends.

Reviewed on 6/20/2017

First Willowdale is BEAUTIFUL! My entire family is made up of FOODIES and the food at our daughter's wedding was OUTSTANDING! Our wedding coordinator Courtney was there at every step. She answered every question within 24 hours (or sooner). She guided our decisions and couldn't... Read More have been more helpful. We were able to drop of some "personal touches" like photos and candles and Courtney had them set out for our wedding. Our wedding was magical, I only wish it lasted longer. I would absolutely recommend Willowdale for any special event!

Reviewed on 6/07/2017 Haley S

As soon as I stepped foot on Willowdale's property, I knew it was the place that I wanted to get married. The tent, the bistro lights, the courtyard - Everything was just perfect. Having said all that - Willowdale was only the first venue that I looked at! So I forced myself to... Read More go visit at least 10 other venues, just to make sure. None of these venues held a candle to Willowdale - not just in beauty, but also in kindness of staff or organization as an institution. Throughout my planning process, I was continuously wow'ed by the amazing people who worked there. Every person I ever spoke to was knowledgeable, helpful, and kind. Sometimes I felt like a pain with all my emails and questions - but no one ever made me feel that way! The Willowdale client portal is FABULOUS and allows you to organize all your plans seamlessly. Kaitlin Umbro and Courtney Hickey were the two main Willowdale staff members that I spoke with and they were absolutely incredible. Kaitlin was the Sales Manager who helped my family and I figure out all the little details before signing our final contract - she made us feel so comfortable and was so friendly ALL the time! Courtney was our event manager and she was also incredible - she made sure our day was perfect! She was constantly checking in on my husband and I to see if we needed anything - food, drink, etc. She would talk to vendors - relay any messages we needed. She organized everything perfectly! In addition, we were able to drop off all of our décor a few days early and she took care of everything! I didn't have to worry about photos, candles, anything! The night of our wedding went above and beyond all my expectations - and I had high expectations. The venue was perfect, everything was immaculate! The food was INCREDIBLE! Seriously, I would order that food in an upscale restaurant - it was amazing. And those cookies!!! I could eat those cookies for days! Willowdale is the most amazing venue because you do not have to worry about anything as the bride or groom! You can actually enjoy your wedding day and feel confident that the Willowdale team will take care of it all. Countless people came up to me during the wedding to say how beautiful it was and how it was the best wedding that they had ever been to! Granted, they could have been lying to make me feel good - but I prefer to think otherwise :). I wouldn't trade my wedding night at Willowdale for anything! Thank you Willowdale team for making our dreams come true - we will never forget our perfect dream wedding because of your amazing work.

Reviewed on 6/06/2017 Marissa S

Willowdale Estate is just an amazing place to get married and we could not of been happier with how everything went. We got married on May 5th, 2017 and even on a rainy day the Willowdale team made our wedding day the most memorable experience. All of our friends and family... Read More could not get over how amazing the food and service was as well as the gorgeous tent. I would highly recommend getting married there!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Becky E

There is no other venue like Willowdale. From the moment we found it, we knew that this place would meet our every wedding need. Willowdale assigns each couple a personal wedding coordinator who makes sure that all the wedding details are sorted well before the day of the big... Read More event. Nichole was our coordinator, and she was absolutely fantastic. She provided amazing checklists and had long phone conversations with us to make sure we knew the event timeline and had all of our vendors in order. You definitely won't need to hire a separate wedding coordinator if you book with Willowdale--everything from vendor recommendations to a detailed timeline is included in your booking, and their event staff are your day-of-coordinators. As far as aesthetics, there is no other place as understated yet breathtaking as Willowdale. It has a rustic elegance that would be suitable for black-tie or semi-formal weddings, and the space works well for very small weddings and large ones (we had 180 people, but originally planned for over 200--and I've seen the table set for intimate gatherings of less than 40.) We did rent the bistro lights, but didn't go for additional lighting, and the bistro lights were 100% worth it. Our photographer got the most beautiful images here--between the evening and autumn light and the warm wooden interiors of the estate, there wasn't a single area that wasn't photo ready. Unlike other venues with strict guidelines, Willowdale allows you to have open flames, as long as the candles meet regulations for width and height. There are designated spaces for decor, like seasonal additions (we used white pumpkins) and photographs. If you don't want to bring your own decor, there are plenty of beautiful accents already in and around the estate. One tip for those who are renting a photobooth: I recommend placing it inside the tent or the party area, as your guests may not be able to find it if it's too far away from the dancing.

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Stephanie C

I can't express in words how amazing our wedding was at Willowdale. The staff was amazing and my wedding planner Courtney was outstanding. All of our guests are still raving about the food and how it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever attended. The tent is so magical... Read More and unique to this venue. Everything is executed and done perfectly! As a bride I had super high expectations with my venue and Willowdale far exceeded them.

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Laura P

My husband and I were married at Willowdale in June 2016. It was venue-love at first sight for us and Willowdale became our dream venue almost immediately upon stepping foot on the property. The estate is beautiful, and such a unique venue with the historic and ornate interior... Read More (so many great photo options!), stunning grounds with rolling hills and nearby river, and romantic courtyard for outdoor ceremonies. It was everything we were looking for, including having a fairly "inclusive" feel, minimizing the need for third party vendors (depending on your personal desires/vision, of course). As a bride not interested in managing a large number of vendors and 10,000 decor/detail elements, I loved that Willowdale was a "complete" feeling space; just a few flowers and small touches were all we needed to bring our wedding vision to life. The sales team was absolutely amazing and helped answer all of our questions, which was a big deal, as we had limited time on-site and would be planning the event from 2,000 miles away. Our guests RAVED about Willowdale; even on a grey, rainy day, the estate was breathtaking and the team was so accommodating helping us work through the weather plan. No one wants to plan for rain on their wedding day, but it does happen. Their "plan b" was one of the reasons we chose Willowdale, and thank goodness we did. What could've been a stressful part of our day was handled almost seamlessly. We didn't get to utilize the courtyard, but we still had our "best day ever" thanks in part to the Willowdale team. To be honest, because we hadn't invested in any of the upgrades inside the tent, it certainly wasn't my dream ceremony setup. The tent walls aren't super attractive (but were necessary during the sustained downpour) and water seeped in, making the concrete floor pretty muddy. The team had provided us the option to move the ceremony inside the estate, but that would've changed the cocktail hour flow and we decided against it (but in hindsight might have reserved that decision). The day-of staff were also so attentive to us and our families and wedding party throughout the day and our event evening, which was so appreciated by all. The food was delicious and our guests especially loved the ice cream sundae bar setup (which we did in place of a cake). We did have a large number of local guests and we liked that although they've done the "wedding circuit", most hadn't been to Willowdale, making it a unique experience for our wedding. While Willowdale feels a little "off the beaten path", something we liked and were looking for, it's convenient from a transportation and lodging perspective. The preferred vendors Willowdale provided made the planning experience easy and thus we were able to provide a convenient beginning to end experience for our guests day-of. We appreciate everything the Willowdale team did to make our day so special and the venue and team will absolutely be a huge part of our lifelong memories of our wedding day. We definitely felt that we got what we paid for, acknowledging that Willowdale is far from cheap. But we did think the experience was worth the price paid.

Reviewed on 5/17/2017 Debra L

We absolutely adored every moment of our time with Willowdale Estate--from our first visit to our actual wedding day at Willowdale Estate! First of all, they have the best chocolate chip cookies I've ever had and after we toured the venue, they MAILED us a box of... Read More cookies--clearly, they really know the way to my heart! I first fell in love with Willowdale's gorgeous glass conservatory but after visiting, fell in love with everything about the venue. The staff are all so knowledgeable, responsive, and friendly. We first had the pleasure of corresponding with Belinda, then after we booked, we had a few months where the entire planning team was at our disposable, and finally, a month or two before the wedding, we were assigned our fabulous day-of coordinator, Nichole. Every single person we interacted with at Willowdale were so wonderful and attentive and happily fielded all of my countless questions throughout the whole process. One of the best things about Willowdale is that it has such a natural beauty that I didn't feel like I had to undertake a huge job of transforming the space to fit my vision. Presenting things in an aesthetically pleasing and polished way is a clear value of the staff at Willowdale and nothing is ever just set out randomly, but they really take the time to artfully display everything (i.e. the cheese and crudites table, the desserts table, our guest book table, the welcome table) in a beautiful, Pinterest-worthy way. As you can imagine, this made our wedding morning so much easier as Nichole and her team took care of setting out all the decor that we had brought in, and me and my wedding party were able to focus on getting ready and enjoying the morning! Another wonderful thing is that the food here is SO delicious. We attended their tasting event, which in and of itself was kind of like attending a mini-wedding (they had favors, hors d'oeurves, multiple starters and entrees, lots of drinks, music, and of course, their fantastic chocolate chip cookies). For our wedding, we chose two entrees for our guests to pick from: 1) salmon with sticky rice, miso glazed bok choy and 2) a pork roasted chop with sweet potato, brussels sprouts and mustard sauce. They have such an extensive menu to choose from for both hor d'oeurves and entrees and were flexible when we wanted to request an item from the winter menu for our spring wedding, and when we wanted to modify the menu item a little bit. The salmon was flavorful and tender and surprisingly, one of the best I've ever had (and I heard the same feedback from many of our guests)! I could go on and on about all the things I loved about getting married at Willowdale but I think this covers a couple of my favorites! TL;DR Willowdale is such a gorgeous venue and the staff there are all SO good at what they do. In the 9 months between first visiting the venue to getting married, I have only had positive experiences with Willowdale Estate. I seriously can't imagine a better place to have gotten married!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 John-Paul C

The uniqueness and beauty of the venue needn't my praise. It is an ideal and natural setting for your special day whether indoor or outside. Most important, the staff is outstanding. Nichole guided us through each decision but also encouraged our ideas and made a lot of... Read More seemingly impossible requests easy to execute. The professionalism extends throughout the Estate and we were astounded by all the little sleight of hand service the day of -- how can someone be at your right hand while also be invisible? The staff at Willowdale can do it, and with a smile. Do not hesitate to visit Willowdale!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Heather N

It's hard to put into words how amazing the Willowdale Estate is. My husband and I were married there this past January, and it was pure magic! There ended up on being a snow storm the day of our wedding and the Willowdale handled it like professionals, and made sure that our... Read More day went on without any interruptions or issues. The staff at the Willowdale were beyond helpful from the moment we stepped foot on the property 15 months prior to our wedding. We worked with closely with Courtney, and I can't say enough about her. She really worked with us to get an idea of what our vision was for our wedding day, and executed it perfectly. She was readily available, especially for all of the million emails I sent her the week leading up to the wedding. She really made us for comfortable, and put all of my worries at bay. Side note: the food is amazing! HIGHLY recommend.