Windows On Washington

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Located in the heart of St. Louis, Missouri, WOW (Windows on Washington) Banquets is a stunning urban setting that’s ideal for hosting an elegant wedding ceremony, reception, cocktail reception or rehearsal dinner. With superb hospitality services and a range of dining and beverage options available to ensure an event is suited to every couple, this is a stylish and ideal spot for a wedding celebration.

There is over 130,000 feet of event space available at the venue. While the facility's overall size gives the three available rooms a banquet-style feeling of space, the architecture is much more subtle than that of a traditional ballroom. Styled to resemble a loft-like setting and featuring open-air verandas, the brick and wood decor gives the space a sense of contemporary elegance. The minimum number of guests for an event is 40, and up to 700 guests can be accommodated.

A rehearsal dinner consists of a sit-down meal, table-side beverage service and two hours of open bar service. Some provided decor items help bring the room together, including tasteful centerpieces as well as silk ficus adorned with white lights.

For a basic cocktail reception, there are butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and stationed hors d’oeuvre platters. There’s also four hours of open bar service, decor choices and dessert and coffee stations. Couples have the option to place a few frosted votives in the windows. They can even create a signature cocktail, and treat their guests to a carved-meat station.

A basic wedding reception at WOW Banquets includes a sit-down dinner with salad, an entrée and two accompaniments. Added to this is fresh bread, cake cutting and serving. A table-side beverage service is available, and offers decaf coffee, hot tea and iced water. Three hours of bar service is offered, and house brands are served. Couples can choose the centerpieces on the tables, and the event space is tastefully decorated with silk ficus and white lights.

Extras that couples can add onto the basic wedding reception include butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, extended open bar service and the addition of frosted votives in the windows. Champagne for a toast is available, as are choices of house and premium red and white wines.

Couples have the option to create a signature drink and to customize the colors of sashes on the dining chairs. A few of the deluxe amenities include adding an intermezzo to a sit-down dinner and serving guests a combined entrée topped off with chocolate-dipped strawberries for an after-dessert snack. Deluxe brands of alcohol are available.

The wedding packages all include bartenders, serving staff and a party captain. Couples are asked to contact the facility in order to determine guest capacity and setup options.

Also available is a three-course dinner for couples who do not wish to book the venue using one of the packages. This meal has a prix fixe menu consisting of a starter, second course and the cutting and serving of the wedding cake.

Some complimentary services offered with the various event packages and the prix fixe dinner include:

• Valet parking and a shuttle service
  • After-event shuttle services to select downtown hotels
  • A chocolate mint departure
  • Beautiful on-site décor options that couples can add to their event

WOW® What a Wedding!

From the champagne greeting to the chocolate mint departure, WOW creates weddings that are more than memorable. Featuring uniquely styled loft spaces, open-air verandas and city views, our experienced coordinators help you design the wedding of your dreams with the style and panache you deserve!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

1601 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 241-5555

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Sarah H

We had an amazing experience working with Jenn Cornwall at Windows on Washington. Jenn was very quick to respond to emails and was always helpful, cheerful, and very organized. On our wedding day, everything went smoothly, and the staff at Windows took care of all the details... Read More that I didn't remember in the flurry of my wedding day. The space was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our guests. I had such a great time, and I'm so thankful for everyone at Windows!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Mandy E

Going into the tour here I wasn't quite sure I wanted to have our wedding and reception at this venue. So many people do their receptions here and I wanted ours to feel different and unique. Well from the moment we started working with Shannon it started to take on its own... Read More unique style and we knew this is where we wanted to spend our special day! My husband and I live on the west coast so we were planning from afar. Shannon made it so easy to get all the details taken care of. We added our own personal touch with twinkle lights but since I'm not a DIYer, it was nice to have the center pieces done for us. We had both our ceremony and reception on the 6th floor and it was so intimate and cozy. It was perfect for our 117 guest as had that day. The ceremony spot was perfect too. It didn't feel in the way of the reception area and vice versa. Everything was perfect from the start and I can't thank Shannon and the team enough for all they did to make our day so special!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Kalin B

We had been working with a girl named Hadley on for our planning (wedding day) when Hadley left we were told we would have a new planner, Jen. We never were contacted and had to reach out our selves to make sure everything was on schedule. A lot from what Hadley had originally... Read More told us and sold us on had not happened after we were switched planners. Just be aware that they will tell u/ change alot of things a Week before your big day like ours did! Caused sooo much stress! They let us know that we had to stop before the time we originally discussed with Hadley. That liquor only served for 5 hours and when liquor stopped or bar closed for open liquor, sorrrry that means ur party is over. That was never stipulated in contract at all!!!!!! So we had to pay a for a extra hour of juice, for a space we had already paid for so we could enjoy our full evening with out of town quest. I was planning my wedding from Chicago. We had a few desserts catered in cause windows price for some extras was a lil much for us, (told there be accommodations for food brought in from other venues ) boom week before wedding we are told they will not be able to use refrigerator or cooler for any of our items that weren't from windows. Our planner whom we were planning with wasn't even there the night of to over see event like we were told as well!!!! I was planning with her, Jen, then she isn't there? I'm introduced to some party captain I never met before. When trying to discuss our issues with owner a week prior he was EXTREMELY RUDE, talked down to me and treated me like he wasn't fucking us over on a payment for the space, when he was shutting us down a earlier than planned and nothing he could do? That he runs a business for a reason, said he can't do anything he has to make a profit or it wouldn't be a good business venture?!!! Like seriously?! Just please to anyone whom desires to use this space, go over your contract!!!! A time was never stipulated, a open bar closing and dj closing at same time was never listed and a pretty big rule or something that should be mentioned months ahead of time not a week prior. No closing time was stipulated although none of these bull shit rules were in contract he made up the rule changes on his own giving us a week notice leaving us with one option, pay for an additional hour for a space we had thought we already rented and was ours. Food was good even though few people said there food was served really cold, mine tasted good. I didn't like how every time I wanted a drink from main table during dinner I had to send my husband to to get up to retrieve it. Think would have been nice if the party captain checked in. And maid sure everything was going smoothly. Good night over all, but it's was thanks to my friends and family, windows put so much stress on us before event made it hard to enjoy. But luckily it ended well regardless.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Eva R

Our daughter's reception was on 3/25/17 on the 8th floor of WOW and Jenn was our coordinator. The prior coordinator had left WOW without warning and we were concerned, but Jenn jumped in right away and took care of all our needs. She's quick with a response to our questions... Read More and always has a smile on her face. You can tell she loves her job. Our party captain that evening was Corey, who also was terrific and there to please. They allowed a cigar bar out on the terrace and even allowed us to bring in a mantle for a photo shoot. I would recommend WOW in the future. Thank you WOW gang!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Hannah G

My husband and i just hosted our daughter's 3/11/17 ceremony and wedding at WOW. We are still in awe at how amazing the entire day was. We had a large number of guests coming in from out of state so we reserved the 7th floor for the ceremony and the 8th floor for the... Read More reception. The event was magical from start to finish. We had some transition in roles of coordinators in the early part of our planning process and Ben Klein stepped in and assured us the transitions would not affect our event. Let me tell you, Ben was absolutely right. He worked with us personally throughout several months to ensure that we felt confident in the hands of the Windows staff. He worked very well with our day of personal day of coordinator and many other vendors we hired to make the day what we wanted it to be. I can't say enough about Ben's service and the service of the staff the night of the event. We had countless compliments on the venue, staff and food. Delicious!! I highly recommend Windows on Washington for the perfect backdrop to your special day.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Jennifer C

Our wedding reception was at WOW on 1-7-2017. The staff was delightful and attentive to our guests. The appetizers, dinner and late night snack were served in a timely manner..food was hot and delicious. We are grateful to Jenn Cornwall for her attention to detail from... Read More beginning to the end. All our best. bjc

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Kristen W

Windows was such a great place to host our reception, we could not have asked for anything better! We live out of town and Anna, our wedding coordinator at Windows, worked with us to ensure we had all the details sorted out and felt comfortable before the big day came! We had... Read More our reception on the 8th floor and loved everything about it - the high ceilings, the windows, dance floor, just to mention a few! Our party captain was incredibly helpful the night of the event and made sure our requests were catered to and everything ran super smoothly. They really made the night one to remember!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Robyn H

A first class, AWESOME reception!! EVERYTHING was perfect! Food was great, venue was spacious and romantic, Jennifer was organized and attended to every detail.... Cory, our party captain, was hard working, polite and very helpful! ALL guests had a wonderful time....... Read More everything flowed.... flawless reception! I highly recommend WOW!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Rebekah W

Our wedding at Windows went great! Absolutely beautiful venue, guests loved it! I planned the wedding from out of town and they were very helpful. Jennifer was the best. She was organized and answered all my calls or emails the same day! And even when my dj didn't show... Read More up?!!! The windows on Washington coordinators and staff kept everything running smoothly

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Jessica V

Windows is a beautiful venue with great food! Unfortunately, I was working with windows during a hard time for them. My first coordinator left 4 months out from my wedding. Then I was given Dominique, she left 3 months out from my wedding. After both coordinators left the... Read More venue the owner reached out to me. He helped me plan my tasting and continued planning my wedding for the rest of the time. Tom did an amazing Job!!!! He went over all the details on our contract since he was the third person working on it. He was very easy to work with and eager to make our night beautiful. Tom even worked our event the night of. He checked in through the night to make sure that everything was running smoothly and made accommodations if needed. Thanks for making our night special Tom!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Chelsie L

The venue itself is gorgeous and in a great location! My only initial concerns with the venue is that I was told that they will not break down the ceremony, which in essence means you're losing out on the amount of space for the reception. However, Jodi Diebold was able to... Read More persuade me to at least book my reception with Windows. I reached out to Jodi about pushing back the date of the reception. Several days later a different employee emails me back through her account stating she no longer works there. When I spoke with him he was uncertain as to who my coordinator would be and there was no urgency to explain what the plan was going forward. I was told the owner said only a portion of my deposit could go towards a new date. When asked to speak with the owner my fiance was given different excuses as to why the owner was unable to call him back. Luckily my wedding wasn't suppose to happen until Sept. 2017 but I'm glad I learned of WOW's shady ways and customer service without losing too much more of my money. Be careful when dealing with this establishment. You're money at every stage is non-refundable.

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sarah W

3.5 The wedding reception was amazing and WOW did a fantastic job making sure everything that evening was perfect!!! The service at the reception was very impressive and everything went off without a hitch! I have a very demanding job and really appreciated the "one stop... Read More shop" aspect of WOW- meaning they provided, food, bar, tables/linen, decor, service, etc. My one complaint is that I worked with a total of 4 different wedding coordinators. I believe this is an issue realted to management and turnover. Don't get me wrong, each coordinator I worked with seemed to be very helpful and qualified. However, it was frustrating when email correspondence would abruptly stop and I would later find out that our coordinator took another position or was on leave. Another piece of advice, don't go for the garden lights decor. They did look beautiful in the verandas but were a waste over the dance floor. With the garden lights on, the dance floor was way to bright!! We ended up having them turned off, which was perfect lighting for our guests to boogie the night away.

Reviewed on 10/01/2016 Hannah H

The venue itself was gorgeous, and was the perfect setting for our dream reception. We worked with Dominique Graves in planning our reception, and she was AMAZING. Our problems began when Dominique left the company two months before our wedding. We called several times to... Read More schedule our final details meeting and could not get a straight answer about anything. We were told she was sick, out of the office, with a client etc. for close to two weeks. only after several phone calls, none of them returned, did we blatantly ask if she still worked there. We were finally told "no", and our wedding was transferred to Jenn Campbell. At first, she just seemed a bit disinterested in our wedding, but we figured she had big shoes to fill after Dominique and gave her the benefit of the doubt. Every phone call seemed to "bother" her and we kept having to remind her of the included options in the Premium package we had paid for (dual entree, beef option, signature drink, etc). At our tasting, she seemed annoyed that we asked to try the wines (explicitly included in the paperwork we were given for the tasting) and just didn't have a great "customer service" attitude in general. Fast forward to the reception, where everything went smoothly thanks to our party captain Corey. Our wedding favors were stemless wine glasses engraved with our names and wedding date. When the tables were cleared after dinner, the servers cleared our favors with the rest of the dishes- no biggie, mistakes happen. Our guests informed us of this the following week, so I called Jenn to see where they had ended up, and wanted to pick them up so I could distribute them to our guests. She was ENTIRELY unhelpful, saying they were upstairs on the bar with our decorations (they weren't) and that I could pick them up before 5. I asked her to make sure they were there before I drove 40 minutes, she said she would check and call right back. She didn't. I called again, and she said they weren't in the kitchen so the guests must have taken them.. they didn't. I called again the next day to double check, and when I was blown off AGAIN, I asked to speak to the owner. She promised he would call me, and even asked what time of day was best. Three days later, no surprise, STILL no call from the owner. They got our final check and we became irrelevant. All in all, the venue is beautiful, the food is tasty, but the business is AWFUL. Thank god Dominique planned our entire reception before she left, or who knows how the reception would've turned out. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Reviewed on 9/05/2016 Kristin P

Gorgeous venue and wonderful staff the night of! Very easy planning process as well.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 debbie m

Windows on Washington is a lovely event space. The food is pretty good and we did have a beautiful space to have our daughter's wedding reception. The space itself is quite flexible and can be set up in many ways. The appearance of the room was beautiful. But the lack of... Read More professionalism and courtesy from WOW is appalling. I would encourage you to read our complaint on the BBB website. I would also encourage reading past reviews of WOW on this website. There are many glowing reviews, but the negative ones pretty much reflect our experience. Our daughter’s wedding was a year ago. Here are the complaints we have : 1) The structure they use for an event has one person do all the planning with you and then, at the event, a totally different person takes over. We never had contact with this "Captain" He did not check in with us to see how things were going. If he had, we would have brought attention to the fact that 2) The food service was totally off. One half of the room was served the meal and completed it and received coffee before the other half of the room ever saw a plate of food. The other part of the room was where the bride, groom and their families were sitting. They were served practically last. My expectation is that the bridal table would be served first. 3) The kitchen ran out of chicken and, after waiting for an extended length of time, (while others at the table were served), the groom's parents were told they had to have the vegetarian meal. They said our guests took the wrong entree choice and that is why they ran out. Difficult to understand, since they had a list of how many of each went to each table. They rejected my suggestion that we mark the place cards with what entree each individual was to get. That would have made it very clear who was to receive what. But we were told that they did not need that because they maintain a list for each table. I do not think our guests took the wrong entree. Those who order vegetarian do so because they do not eat meat. I doubt that there were guests who chose to eat chicken if they are vegetarian. 4) When my daughter, the bride, got up from her meal to find out what was wrong, she was treated rudely by the staff and told it was the fault of our DJ, who played 2 extra songs and that change threw off their dinner service. 5) I did follow up with the venue to express my dissatisfaction. My emails were met with stonewalling delays and ultimately a response that said they had done nothing wrong and any concerns we had were our fault. 6) After I filed a complaint with the BBB, they were contacted 3 times by the BBB and they never once responded back to them. Honestly, if WOW had apologized, accepted some responsibility and made a goodwill gesture, I would have been satisfied. But their total denial of wrongdoing and blaming us, the customer, indicates to me that they do not handle their business in a professional manner. I waited a long time before posting this. But I recently decided that I could not let this go without expressing my concern about our experience. I hope it helps other brides and keeps them from having a similar experience.

Reviewed on 6/01/2016

We worked with Dominique Graves for our son's wedding. She was awesome and easy to work with! Windows on Washington is a wonderful wedding venue. It exceeded every expectation which made the wedding and reception absolutely perfect!!

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Jessica B

We had the best experience at Windows on Washington! Dominque was the best to work with for the year of planning. As the bride I never had to worry about a thing and it was amazing how organized and stress free she made it for me. As for the staff, they were all exceptional! I... Read More have never had so many family and friends expressing how wonderful our wedding reception was. I will definitely recommend Windows on Washington to anyone I know who needs a wonderful venue for any occasion and to work with Dominique!!!

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 x

We had the best experience with Windows on Washington! Dominique was an absolute star in helping us plan everything, from the napkin colors to the candles on the tables. I was planning the wedding from out of town and Dominique did everything she could to make it as easy as... Read More possible for me! Our party captain and bartenders were all amazing - never leaving any of our 220 guests without a drink in hand! I would recommend this venue to anyone in STL.

Reviewed on 4/12/2016 Colleen M

Windows on Washington was the perfect venue for our big day! Our coordinator, Dominique Graves, provided top notch service throughout the entire planning process. She was on top of every detail, responded to emails extremely quickly, and made everything stress free! She was a... Read More delight to work with! The event captain the night of our wedding, Cory, was also amazing! He looked after every detail and made sure that my husband and I were taken care of all night as well as my parents! The staff was very professional and again exceeded our expectations! The emails and texts keep coming in from our guests that our wedding was the best one they have ever attended! What a compliment and WOW made that possible! Thank You again!

Reviewed on 3/31/2016 Casey H

We held both our ceremony and reception on the 8th floor of Windows on Washington for our wedding on 3/26/16. It was absolutely everything we could have hoped for! We booked the venue about 10 months in advance of our wedding and worked with Dominique Graves throughout the... Read More planning process. Dominique was so great to work with; she is exceptionally organized, communicated timely, and was very sweet and understanding of any questions or concerns I had. I was also very happy with the party captain we had the night of our wedding (Corey). He was considerate, always making sure we were happy and the whole party went off without a single issue (that I knew about ;) Highly recommend WoW if you are looking for a more urban, loft feel for your ceremony/reception. Food is great & service is even better! Thank you to Windows for making our wedding day so incredibly special.

Reviewed on 3/25/2016 Jennifer H

Windows was the prefect place for our reception! We received many compliments from our guests on how nice the venue looked as well as how great the food was. The loft style look of the venue makes decorating easy. The staff at Windows was awesome; our floor was set up perfectly... Read More when we arrived. We had 120 guests and plenty of space to move around without the room looking bare. Dinner service was incredibly fast and hot with our guest count. Dominique was our wedding coordinator. She was very easy to work with and she did a fabulous job! She was great at providing recommendations and answered all of our hundreds of questions very promptly.

Reviewed on 3/23/2016 Leah B

We just had an amazing event at WOW! We hosted our reception on the 7th floor. The decor was all handled by WOW which took a lot of stress off our shoulders. It looked fabulous. The food was delicious! It's been a few days and everyone is still talking about how great their... Read More meals and appetizers were. I highly recommend this venue. Each floor has it's own look and feel and the staff are all amazing! Thank you for a great night!

Reviewed on 2/25/2016 Meghan

WOW was the perfect location for our ceremony and reception. We had a night time wedding that flowed straight into a cocktail hour and then dinner. The ceremony was beautifully dim and the strings Lights across the dance floor gave a fabulous vibe. They took care of the cake and... Read More cut it beautifully too. Overall great night!!

Reviewed on 2/14/2016

It has been over a month since our daughter's NYE wedding and we still are receiving the highest compliments from our guests, young and old! When a guest tells you that his teenage daughter's told him they want their weddings to be exactly like our daughter's and when grandma... Read More says she hasn't danced that much and stayed up that late in a long, long time.....then you know you hit a home run! Dominique was the ultimate wedding coordinator. We had a million questions but somehow she anticipated every one. Her and her staff accommodated our every need, and the service was prompt and flawless! As the mother of the bride, it was most comforting to know that I didn't have a worry in the world because Dominique had everything taken care of.....for us and our 400 guests! Thanks again Dominique and WOW!!!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Ashley H

WOW helped to make our NYE Wedding one to remember! Dominique and her staff worked very hard to make sure every detail went according to plan. We had a guest list at full capacity and Dominique made sure we were able to accommodate everyone comfortably, going above and beyond to... Read More meet our needs. I would highly recommend WOW as they provide an excellent staff, food, reception venue, decor, and work with you to make your wedding vision a reality!