Windows On Washington

St. Louis, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Windows On Washington

A BALLROOM IN ST. LOUIS, MO

Located in the heart of St. Louis, Missouri, WOW (Windows on Washington) Banquets is a stunning urban setting that’s ideal for hosting an elegant wedding ceremony, reception, cocktail reception or rehearsal dinner. With superb hospitality services and a range of dining and beverage options available to ensure an event is suited to every couple, this is a stylish and ideal spot for a wedding celebration.

There is over 130,000 feet of event space available at the venue. While the facility's overall size gives the three available rooms a banquet-style feeling of space, the architecture is much more subtle than that of a traditional ballroom. Styled to resemble a loft-like setting and featuring open-air verandas, the brick and wood decor gives the space a sense of contemporary elegance. The minimum number of guests for an event is 40, and up to 700 guests can be accommodated.

A rehearsal dinner consists of a sit-down meal, table-side beverage service and two hours of open bar service. Some provided decor items help bring the room together, including tasteful centerpieces as well as silk ficus adorned with white lights.

For a basic cocktail reception, there are butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and stationed hors d’oeuvre platters. There’s also four hours of open bar service, decor choices and dessert and coffee stations. Couples have the option to place a few frosted votives in the windows. They can even create a signature cocktail, and treat their guests to a carved-meat station.

A basic wedding reception at WOW Banquets includes a sit-down dinner with salad, an entrée and two accompaniments. Added to this is fresh bread, cake cutting and serving. A table-side beverage service is available, and offers decaf coffee, hot tea and iced water. Three hours of bar service is offered, and house brands are served. Couples can choose the centerpieces on the tables, and the event space is tastefully decorated with silk ficus and white lights.

Extras that couples can add onto the basic wedding reception include butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, extended open bar service and the addition of frosted votives in the windows. Champagne for a toast is available, as are choices of house and premium red and white wines.

Couples have the option to create a signature drink and to customize the colors of sashes on the dining chairs. A few of the deluxe amenities include adding an intermezzo to a sit-down dinner and serving guests a combined entrée topped off with chocolate-dipped strawberries for an after-dessert snack. Deluxe brands of alcohol are available.

The wedding packages all include bartenders, serving staff and a party captain. Couples are asked to contact the facility in order to determine guest capacity and setup options.

Also available is a three-course dinner for couples who do not wish to book the venue using one of the packages. This meal has a prix fixe menu consisting of a starter, second course and the cutting and serving of the wedding cake.

Some complimentary services offered with the various event packages and the prix fixe dinner include:

• Valet parking and a shuttle service
  • After-event shuttle services to select downtown hotels
  • A chocolate mint departure
  • Beautiful on-site décor options that couples can add to their event

WOW® What a Wedding!

From the champagne greeting to the chocolate mint departure, Windows creates weddings that are more than memorable. Featuring uniquely styled loft spaces, open-air verandas and city views, our experienced coordinators help you design the wedding of your dreams with the style and panache you deserve!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
824ddd67 fb0e 4a26 92a4 d4996b0d2b23~rs 100
7504f472 fbdf 4115 a317 0a8fdec1b4a5~rs 100

1601 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 241-5555

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Laura S

We used Windows on Washington as our venue for our wedding reception. We thought the space was great and it looked just beautiful the night of our wedding! Every person we worked with throughout the past year was nothing but helpful and always available to discuss information! I... Read More am very happy we used Windows on Washington and would recommend it to other people in the future!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Mattie B

We could not have asked for a better reception with Windows on Washington. We had the pleasure of having Cece as our coordinator and she was amazing! She was a great communicator and made the planning process totally worry-free and super easy. The night of our reception,... Read More everything was perfect. The decor was everything we imagined, the food was just as good as it was at the tasting (if not better!) and the service staff was so professional and friendly. We had Vincent as our Party Caption and he was wonderful! He was so helpful and sweet. We had so many compliments from guests on the venue. From the moment you begin planning to the very end of your event, everyone at Windows on Washington is friendly, professional and very helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone and I hope I can go back someday!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Sarah H

We had an amazing experience working with Jenn Cornwall at Windows on Washington. Jenn was very quick to respond to emails and was always helpful, cheerful, and very organized. On our wedding day, everything went smoothly, and the staff at Windows took care of all the details... Read More that I didn't remember in the flurry of my wedding day. The space was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our guests. I had such a great time, and I'm so thankful for everyone at Windows!

Reviewed on 1/03/2018 Kate R

My reception at Windows was awesome! Everything was perfect. I was nervous to do a more casual stations dinner but I had so many people commenting how much they loved it. We worked with Jenn the whole process and she was awesome. Very quick to respond emails/calls and good with... Read More the changes we threw at her. Windows had a event to go to for additional discounts on the wedding day. The venue is very reasonably priced compared to everywhere else downtown for a big group. Had so much fun!

Reviewed on 12/07/2017

Could not have had a better night! Everything was truly perfect. The space is beautiful and everyone kept talking about how great the food was. We worked with Jenn who helped us every step of the way. There were no issues and everything was seamless and perfect. I would... Read More recommend Windows to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/30/2017 Lauren S

Going into working with Windows on Washington I had some concerns. BUT it could not have gone any better! From the moment we started working with Jen C. we were very happy. She made sure we got everything we wanted and stayed in our budget! If I emailed with a question (which... Read More was quite often) she replied within a couple hours. The night of our wedding we had Ryan as our coordinator and he was amazing! Before everyone arrived one of the guest tables caught on fire...guests were arriving within the hour and not one person knew about it. The smell of smoke was gone and the table was replaced like nothing happened! He made sure my husband and I were well taken care of all night long! I cannot thank him and his team enough!!! The only complaint I heard from guests was that the bread was brought out after everyone had finished dinner, rather than before. I highly recommend Windows on Washington and their team. Our reception was absolutely perfect!!!

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Christine H

My husband and I had our reception on the 7th floor in October and were very pleased with the entire experience. Jenn, our event coordinator, was great — from the initial tour to the final walkthrough, our event was thoroughly planned. She was responded to emails and calls... Read More quickly and with helpful information. We attended an open house after signing the contract and were able to sample many of the appetizers and see options for decor set up which was very helpful. WOW accommodated all of our decor requests, specialty meal needs, and their staff the night of the event worked efficiently and effectively. There were 2 other events in the building that night, but there was no issue with that. WOW was a major part of making our entire wedding experience so very special. We would highly recommend WOW to anyone looking for an all-in-one event space — from the food to the finishing touches, it is definitely a great value for the price!

Reviewed on 11/18/2017 Michelle B

My husband Gary and I had an excellent experience with WOW! We worked with Jennifer and she was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. Not only is the venue gorgeous, but the staff is awesome to work with. It has a great floor plan with plenty of space for a big... Read More wedding. The 8th floor was spectacular. We were very pleased and would highly recommend them in the future!

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Emily S

We were thrilled with our experience with Windows on Washington for our wedding reception and received SO many compliments from our guests on the venue, the food...everything! Throughout the planning process, we worked with Jenn, who helped keep us on track. They clearly have... Read More a process and know what they are doing--Jenn was great about asking us questions on our preferences/options that we hadn't even considered! She was extremely organized and responsive to all our questions, especially in the home stretch when I know I definitely asked repetitive questions. So thankful for her patience and friendly attitude. We had one hiccup with an external vendor (chair rental) the week before the wedding. I was very displeased with the customer service of the rental company, and explained the issues to Jenn. I did not expect her to take care of the situation since it was an outside vendor, but she was so extremely helpful. She and the owner communicated directly with the outside vendor in the few days before our wedding and it was such a relief. I recognize and truly appreciate that they went above and beyond to not only ensure our vision for the reception came true, but also that I wasn't stressing about it. Regarding late night snacks, I wanted something specific that wasn't offered by WOW, but Jenn asked her manager and was able to coordinate and have a staff member pick it up for a small cost--my guests loved it and so did I! I also loved the champagne at the entrance, and the complimentary shuttle to the downtown hotels was so helpful for our out of town guests. My only regret is that I didn't take more time to finish my dinner--the food was delicious!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Jessica K

We had an amazing reception! WOW was the perfect venue, affordable and everyone was reliable. We never had any worries and they thought about things that I never would have! Every time I had a question I always had a timely response, which as a bride helps your keep your sanity.... Read More I would highly recommend.

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Rebeca L

My husband and I chose to have our wedding ceremony and reception at Windows on Washington. We originally chose it because it was in a fantastic location for our out of town guests staying downtown. It was convenient for our guests to only have to be at one venue for the... Read More ceremony and reception. WOW provides fantastic catering, bar services and decor. The only decor we provided were flowers as everything else was set up for us. It was stress free planning as our event coordinator, Jenifer answered all of our questions throughout the planning in a very quick manner. She gave us her expertise on the “norm” for weddings and even created a time line for our event! The evening went smoothly and all of our guests were very impressed! It was indeed a buetiful night:)

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Kelli S

Our reception was a dream come true thanks to all of the WOW staff! We had our wedding on September 30th on the 8th floor. From booking Windows to the night of the reception, we had a great experience working with Jenn Cornwall. She did such an amazing job of helping and... Read More accommodating my husband and I as we live in Chicago and often could only come home on the weekends for meetings. We highly recommend this beautiful space, and our guests are still raving about how great the venue was!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Sarah M

Cece was our coordinator who had made this whole process seamless. I was planning our wedding from Texas, but despite the long distance, Windows provided everything I needed. They were accommodating to my needs with having a Chinese Tea Ceremony and with our extra decor.... Read More Overall, food was served warm and delicious; drinks were delicious with quick and friendly bartenders. I loved how the dance floor was never a hot sauna, and there was plenty of room for people to stand/chat on the balcony and side room. So many of our guests complimented how beautiful the reception area was and what great service they received. (Not that I want to be married again) But if I had to do it over, I would choose WOW 100%. I loved how I didn't have to stress and could actually ENJOY our wedding day. Thanks again WOW and Cece!!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Sarah G

We had our wedding at WOW at the end of September and it was perfect. When we were looking for a reception venue, we needed a place that could accommodate a fairly large group (we had 220 guests and didn't want them to feel crowded) and needed somewhere that was handicap... Read More accessible as we had family in wheelchairs/walkers. We choose the 8th floor for its higher ceilings but all the floors are beautiful. We worked with Jennifer Cornwall in the months leading up to the wedding and she was so helpful and always very responsive to all our emails. We loved that WOW had everything in house from catering to decor, they even have a shuttle to some of the nearby hotels. The food was delicious and WOW was very flexible in accommodating our guests with dietary restrictions. All our guest raved about the location. Definitely hit up the Decor Show for deals on decor and food.

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Carrie G

Love this venue. It is so pretty and the staff is so nice. They really did a great job at helping us for our wedding. They have so many options that are affordable. The space is big and can fit a lot of people. Highly suggest checking them out for your reception.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Susie W

WOW was my first choice of reception venue, and I am so happy that I was able to have them host my big day. From the initial planning stages all the way through to the day of, the staff of WOW was courteous, prompt, attentive, and thoughtful. They are also extremely reasonable... Read More when it comes to pricing and offer solutions when issues arise. I loved that WOW is a "one stop shop" in terms of food and decor, and they even snagged me a discount on my DJ! I highly recommend WOW for any bride-to-be who wants not just a day to remember, but an experience.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Emily L

Great venue! We had our wedding here a few years ago and people still tell me how amazing our venue was! Everyone there is very accommodating and helpful and the food was delicious. Highly recommended venue with great service.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Rachel H

WOW was amazing to work with and a gorgeous venue. All our guests had an amazing time! I never worried about any aspect of the reception because I knew Jenn and WOW had it covered and would do anything to make our reception exactly what we wanted. The 360 views of downtown are... Read More breathtaking and made for amazing pictures. I'd recommend WOW to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Mason B

It is a tough decision deciding where you want your wedding reception to be held. Windows on Washington turned out to be the perfect place for us! We absolutely loved it. They made planning a reception very painless, and assured there were as few hiccups as possible on the day... Read More of. The layout of the eighth floor turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Also, the service was fantastic! None of our guests ever had to wait long for food or a drink. We have received many compliments from our guests saying how beautiful our reception venue was. Overall, we give this place two thumbs up! If you are in need of a reception venue in downtown St. Louis, look no further! Windows friendly staff and reasonable prices make it a very easy decision!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Phuong L

Our wedding night was absolutely perfect! We had our ceremony and reception at Windows for approximately 150 people. It was the perfect amount of space. We loved that Windows provided almost everything that we needed for our big day from the space to the food, decor, etc. It... Read More made the planning process much less stressful. Jenn Cornwall was wonderful, she worked with us every step of the way. She was prompt and communicated well with us. We're so thankful that we chose Windows on Washington to help us make our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Devin M

From start to finish are experience with WOW was Fantastic. We used two of there recommended vendors who did a great and gave us great piece of mind knowing they were familiar with the venue. Our coordinator Jenn was great and always promptly answered emails and knew what she... Read More was doing and got anything we needed. Our party captain he might of was great. Our wedding was beautiful and couldn't have asked for a better day!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Mauri E

We loved working with Windows on Washington. Jenn Cornwall was amazing- responsive, flexible, and worked with us to make sure we got the best deal possible for all the decorative elements we wanted to do. We were planning an out of town wedding so she was great in scheduling... Read More our tasting and working with us to make sure all the planning could be done in one weekend. If you have the opportunity to attend the décor show, I highly suggest it. It gave us an opportunity to try different appetizers than what we had selected for our tasting and we ended up going with two appetizers from the décor show that were different than what we had originally planned for the tasting. It also gave us an opportunity to see the rooms set up so helped us envision our decoration plans. On the wedding day, everything worked out beautifully. The catering captain, Cory, was excellent. I felt very confident that everything would run smoothly. The venue looked beautiful when we walked in and everything had been set up perfectly! Our guests raved about the appetizers and said the meal was really good too. For appetizers, we had the crab rangoon, the bourbon shrimp, the pumpernickel cheese bites, and the toasted ravioli. For dinner we served the Italian salad, the beef kabobs and the salmon. One of my big concerns was that other events would be happening at the same time. This was not an issue in any way- in fact, I didn’t even notice there was another wedding happening. I was VERY pleased with my whole experience and would highly recommend having your wedding at WOW.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Meredith K

I am so happy that my husband and I booked WOW for our wedding reception. We got married on 5-27-17 and it was the best day of our lives. Jenn Cornwall was an excellent coordinator who was always prompt with communication and gave great ideas that helped turned the beautiful... Read More space in to our own. Our guests were raving about the delicious food and the big dance floor right in front of the beautiful bar. I would highly recommend booking WOW and working with Jenn. I wish I could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Colton N

Our night was perfect. Using Windows on Washington was the right decision. They are very receptive and work with a majority of other vendors in the area. They spaced meetings and deadlines out to meet our needs. We had over a year to get ready for this day so sticking to... Read More deadlines and being flexible on when meetings could be set was huge for us. Windows on Washington has a lot of options and cool ways to personalize your event. Our coordinators (our original coordinator moved jobs and we picked up a second) were great. They did not skip a beat or miss any of our final details. The staff was pleasant and I had a hard time finding any complaints about the venue at all. Our guests loved the shuttle back to local hotels. The shuttle definitely made it easier to enjoy the night. We will recommend this event space to anyone who inquires about it. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Krista F

We LOVED having our reception at Windows on Washington, and our guests enjoyed it too! They were very flexible with working within our budget to provide great food, plentiful drinks, and great services throughout the evening. Our coordinator, Shannon, was very helpful and quick... Read More to respond to my numerous questions leading up to the big day. The food was great, they even had multiple alternative options for vegetarian/gluten-free. We planned our wedding from out of town, WOW was flexible with our in-town schedules to plan our food tastings and final planning meetings. I'm so glad I chose a venue that was able to coordinate all the food, drinks, linens, and some of the decor (would have done all of it if I'd had the budget for it!). I would definitely recommend booking your event with WOW to help minimize stress and planning time and to ensure you're big day plays out just as planned.