Windows On Washington

St. Louis, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with Windows On Washington

A BALLROOM IN ST. LOUIS, MO

Located in the heart of St. Louis, Missouri, WOW (Windows on Washington) Banquets is a stunning urban setting that’s ideal for hosting an elegant wedding ceremony, reception, cocktail reception or rehearsal dinner. With superb hospitality services and a range of dining and beverage options available to ensure an event is suited to every couple, this is a stylish and ideal spot for a wedding celebration.

There is over 130,000 feet of event space available at the venue. While the facility's overall size gives the three available rooms a banquet-style feeling of space, the architecture is much more subtle than that of a traditional ballroom. Styled to resemble a loft-like setting and featuring open-air verandas, the brick and wood decor gives the space a sense of contemporary elegance. The minimum number of guests for an event is 40, and up to 700 guests can be accommodated.

A rehearsal dinner consists of a sit-down meal, table-side beverage service and two hours of open bar service. Some provided decor items help bring the room together, including tasteful centerpieces as well as silk ficus adorned with white lights.

For a basic cocktail reception, there are butler-passed hors d’oeuvres and stationed hors d’oeuvre platters. There’s also four hours of open bar service, decor choices and dessert and coffee stations. Couples have the option to place a few frosted votives in the windows. They can even create a signature cocktail, and treat their guests to a carved-meat station.

A basic wedding reception at WOW Banquets includes a sit-down dinner with salad, an entrée and two accompaniments. Added to this is fresh bread, cake cutting and serving. A table-side beverage service is available, and offers decaf coffee, hot tea and iced water. Three hours of bar service is offered, and house brands are served. Couples can choose the centerpieces on the tables, and the event space is tastefully decorated with silk ficus and white lights.

Extras that couples can add onto the basic wedding reception include butler-passed hors d’oeuvres, extended open bar service and the addition of frosted votives in the windows. Champagne for a toast is available, as are choices of house and premium red and white wines.

Couples have the option to create a signature drink and to customize the colors of sashes on the dining chairs. A few of the deluxe amenities include adding an intermezzo to a sit-down dinner and serving guests a combined entrée topped off with chocolate-dipped strawberries for an after-dessert snack. Deluxe brands of alcohol are available.

The wedding packages all include bartenders, serving staff and a party captain. Couples are asked to contact the facility in order to determine guest capacity and setup options.

Also available is a three-course dinner for couples who do not wish to book the venue using one of the packages. This meal has a prix fixe menu consisting of a starter, second course and the cutting and serving of the wedding cake.

Some complimentary services offered with the various event packages and the prix fixe dinner include:

• Valet parking and a shuttle service
  • After-event shuttle services to select downtown hotels
  • A chocolate mint departure
  • Beautiful on-site décor options that couples can add to their event

WOW® What a Wedding!

Book a reception that occurs before May 31st, 2018 to receive SUNDAY discounted pricing and a FREE 5th Hour of Open Bar Service! From the champagne greeting to the chocolate mint departure, Windows creates weddings that are more than memorable. Featuring uniquely styled loft spaces, open-air verandas and city views, our experienced coordinators help you design the wedding of your dreams with the style and panache you deserve!

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Loft

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Service Staff, Shuttle Service

1601 Washington Avenue, St. Louis, MO (314) 241-5555

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Laura S

We used Windows on Washington as our venue for our wedding reception. We thought the space was great and it looked just beautiful the night of our wedding! Every person we worked with throughout the past year was nothing but helpful and always available to discuss information! I... Read More am very happy we used Windows on Washington and would recommend it to other people in the future!

Reviewed on 6/27/2017 Mattie B

We could not have asked for a better reception with Windows on Washington. We had the pleasure of having Cece as our coordinator and she was amazing! She was a great communicator and made the planning process totally worry-free and super easy. The night of our reception,... Read More everything was perfect. The decor was everything we imagined, the food was just as good as it was at the tasting (if not better!) and the service staff was so professional and friendly. We had Vincent as our Party Caption and he was wonderful! He was so helpful and sweet. We had so many compliments from guests on the venue. From the moment you begin planning to the very end of your event, everyone at Windows on Washington is friendly, professional and very helpful. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone and I hope I can go back someday!

Reviewed on 2/07/2017 Sarah H

We had an amazing experience working with Jenn Cornwall at Windows on Washington. Jenn was very quick to respond to emails and was always helpful, cheerful, and very organized. On our wedding day, everything went smoothly, and the staff at Windows took care of all the details... Read More that I didn't remember in the flurry of my wedding day. The space was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our guests. I had such a great time, and I'm so thankful for everyone at Windows!

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Carrie G

Love this venue. It is so pretty and the staff is so nice. They really did a great job at helping us for our wedding. They have so many options that are affordable. The space is big and can fit a lot of people. Highly suggest checking them out for your reception.

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Susie W

WOW was my first choice of reception venue, and I am so happy that I was able to have them host my big day. From the initial planning stages all the way through to the day of, the staff of WOW was courteous, prompt, attentive, and thoughtful. They are also extremely reasonable... Read More when it comes to pricing and offer solutions when issues arise. I loved that WOW is a "one stop shop" in terms of food and decor, and they even snagged me a discount on my DJ! I highly recommend WOW for any bride-to-be who wants not just a day to remember, but an experience.

Reviewed on 8/01/2017 Emily L

Great venue! We had our wedding here a few years ago and people still tell me how amazing our venue was! Everyone there is very accommodating and helpful and the food was delicious. Highly recommended venue with great service.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Rachel H

WOW was amazing to work with and a gorgeous venue. All our guests had an amazing time! I never worried about any aspect of the reception because I knew Jenn and WOW had it covered and would do anything to make our reception exactly what we wanted. The 360 views of downtown are... Read More breathtaking and made for amazing pictures. I'd recommend WOW to anyone!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Mason B

It is a tough decision deciding where you want your wedding reception to be held. Windows on Washington turned out to be the perfect place for us! We absolutely loved it. They made planning a reception very painless, and assured there were as few hiccups as possible on the day... Read More of. The layout of the eighth floor turned out to be absolutely beautiful. Also, the service was fantastic! None of our guests ever had to wait long for food or a drink. We have received many compliments from our guests saying how beautiful our reception venue was. Overall, we give this place two thumbs up! If you are in need of a reception venue in downtown St. Louis, look no further! Windows friendly staff and reasonable prices make it a very easy decision!

Reviewed on 6/15/2017 Phuong L

Our wedding night was absolutely perfect! We had our ceremony and reception at Windows for approximately 150 people. It was the perfect amount of space. We loved that Windows provided almost everything that we needed for our big day from the space to the food, decor, etc. It... Read More made the planning process much less stressful. Jenn Cornwall was wonderful, she worked with us every step of the way. She was prompt and communicated well with us. We're so thankful that we chose Windows on Washington to help us make our wedding day perfect!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Devin M

From start to finish are experience with WOW was Fantastic. We used two of there recommended vendors who did a great and gave us great piece of mind knowing they were familiar with the venue. Our coordinator Jenn was great and always promptly answered emails and knew what she... Read More was doing and got anything we needed. Our party captain he might of was great. Our wedding was beautiful and couldn't have asked for a better day!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Mauri E

We loved working with Windows on Washington. Jenn Cornwall was amazing- responsive, flexible, and worked with us to make sure we got the best deal possible for all the decorative elements we wanted to do. We were planning an out of town wedding so she was great in scheduling... Read More our tasting and working with us to make sure all the planning could be done in one weekend. If you have the opportunity to attend the décor show, I highly suggest it. It gave us an opportunity to try different appetizers than what we had selected for our tasting and we ended up going with two appetizers from the décor show that were different than what we had originally planned for the tasting. It also gave us an opportunity to see the rooms set up so helped us envision our decoration plans. On the wedding day, everything worked out beautifully. The catering captain, Cory, was excellent. I felt very confident that everything would run smoothly. The venue looked beautiful when we walked in and everything had been set up perfectly! Our guests raved about the appetizers and said the meal was really good too. For appetizers, we had the crab rangoon, the bourbon shrimp, the pumpernickel cheese bites, and the toasted ravioli. For dinner we served the Italian salad, the beef kabobs and the salmon. One of my big concerns was that other events would be happening at the same time. This was not an issue in any way- in fact, I didn’t even notice there was another wedding happening. I was VERY pleased with my whole experience and would highly recommend having your wedding at WOW.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Meredith K

I am so happy that my husband and I booked WOW for our wedding reception. We got married on 5-27-17 and it was the best day of our lives. Jenn Cornwall was an excellent coordinator who was always prompt with communication and gave great ideas that helped turned the beautiful... Read More space in to our own. Our guests were raving about the delicious food and the big dance floor right in front of the beautiful bar. I would highly recommend booking WOW and working with Jenn. I wish I could do it all over again!

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Colton N

Our night was perfect. Using Windows on Washington was the right decision. They are very receptive and work with a majority of other vendors in the area. They spaced meetings and deadlines out to meet our needs. We had over a year to get ready for this day so sticking to... Read More deadlines and being flexible on when meetings could be set was huge for us. Windows on Washington has a lot of options and cool ways to personalize your event. Our coordinators (our original coordinator moved jobs and we picked up a second) were great. They did not skip a beat or miss any of our final details. The staff was pleasant and I had a hard time finding any complaints about the venue at all. Our guests loved the shuttle back to local hotels. The shuttle definitely made it easier to enjoy the night. We will recommend this event space to anyone who inquires about it. Thank you again!

Reviewed on 5/29/2017 Krista F

We LOVED having our reception at Windows on Washington, and our guests enjoyed it too! They were very flexible with working within our budget to provide great food, plentiful drinks, and great services throughout the evening. Our coordinator, Shannon, was very helpful and quick... Read More to respond to my numerous questions leading up to the big day. The food was great, they even had multiple alternative options for vegetarian/gluten-free. We planned our wedding from out of town, WOW was flexible with our in-town schedules to plan our food tastings and final planning meetings. I'm so glad I chose a venue that was able to coordinate all the food, drinks, linens, and some of the decor (would have done all of it if I'd had the budget for it!). I would definitely recommend booking your event with WOW to help minimize stress and planning time and to ensure you're big day plays out just as planned.

Reviewed on 5/19/2017 Kimi S

Windows on Washington delivered the most perfect wedding reception we could have dreamed of. The venue is beautiful, but the service is what really blew me away. We had been working with a coordinator who left, and were assigned a new coordinator- Jenn Cornwall. As a bride, of... Read More course that made me a little nervous. But, Jenn was incredible. From the very start she had an incredible attention to detail. She was prompt in answering any phone calls, emails, and multiple questions. Jenn always had a smile on her face, and you could tell she genuinely enjoys her job. She helped us plan the layout, the design, and gave décor tips, as well as emotional support as the day got closer! Jenn made sure the planning process was easy and enjoyable. The day of the wedding went off without a hitch. Corey, our party captain, was incredible. As soon as we got there, he made sure we had what we needed and was attentive to us all night long. Many, many guests have told us that the food was wonderful, the venue was beautiful, and that it was the most fun wedding they have ever been to. The team at WOW had a huge part in that. We would highly recommend Windows on Washington to anyone, and cannot thank them enough for such a beautiful day!

Reviewed on 5/16/2017 Rebecca S

I could not have picked a better reception venue for our wedding. I planned our wedding from Minnesota. I worked with Jenn Cornwall and she made planning very easy and stress free. She was always available by phone or e-mail. Our day of coordinator, Ryan, made sure that the... Read More bridal party was taken care of as well as our guests. All of our guests came up to us after the reception and told us that it was the best wedding they have been to. Cost was a big factor for me. And let's be real, getting married in downtown St. Louis is not cheap. However, I feel that Windows on Washington was the perfect balance between a nice venue and a cost effective venue. If I were to do it all over again, I'd still choose Windows on Washington. Well worth it!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Jared N

It has been about 5 weeks since our wedding and our guests are still talking about it! Working with Ben & the team at WOW was great. They truly made our wedding day one we will never forget. We held both our ceremony & reception on the 8th floor. The room was spacious and easily... Read More accommodated our 125 guests, yet did so without feeling empty and like warehouse. The decor & room layout were beautiful, dinner was absolutely delicious (every guest said so!), and the service was second to none. From Ben our event planner, Corey our "day of" manager, to each bartender, server & shuttle bus driver, every member of the staff was fantastic. I believe we received full value for the price we paid and would not hesitate in recommending Windows On Washington to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Kalin H

We had been working with a girl named Hadley on for our planning (wedding day) when Hadley left we were told we would have a new planner, Jen. We never were contacted and had to reach out our selves to make sure everything was on schedule. A lot from what Hadley had originally... Read More told us and sold us on had not happened after we were switched planners. Just be aware that they will tell u/ change alot of things a Week before your big day like ours did! Caused sooo much stress! They let us know that we had to stop before the time we originally discussed with Hadley. That liquor only served for 5 hours and when liquor stopped or bar closed for open liquor, sorrrry that means ur party is over. That was never stipulated in contract at all!!!!!! So we had to pay a for a extra hour of juice, for a space we had already paid for so we could enjoy our full evening with out of town quest. I was planning my wedding from Chicago. We had a few desserts catered in cause windows price for some extras was a lil much for us, (told there be accommodations for food brought in from other venues ) boom week before wedding we are told they will not be able to use refrigerator or cooler for any of our items that weren't from windows. Our planner whom we were planning with wasn't even there the night of to over see event like we were told as well!!!! I was planning with her, Jen, then she isn't there? I'm introduced to some party captain I never met before. When trying to discuss our issues with owner a week prior he was EXTREMELY RUDE, talked down to me and treated me like he wasn't fucking us over on a payment for the space, when he was shutting us down a earlier than planned and nothing he could do? That he runs a business for a reason, said he can't do anything he has to make a profit or it wouldn't be a good business venture?!!! Like seriously?! Just please to anyone whom desires to use this space, go over your contract!!!! A time was never stipulated, a open bar closing and dj closing at same time was never listed and a pretty big rule or something that should be mentioned months ahead of time not a week prior. No closing time was stipulated although none of these bull shit rules were in contract he made up the rule changes on his own giving us a week notice leaving us with one option, pay for an additional hour for a space we had thought we already rented and was ours. Food was good even though few people said there food was served really cold, mine tasted good. I didn't like how every time I wanted a drink from main table during dinner I had to send my husband to to get up to retrieve it. Think would have been nice if the party captain checked in. And maid sure everything was going smoothly. Good night over all, but it's was thanks to my friends and family, windows put so much stress on us before event made it hard to enjoy. But luckily it ended well regardless.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Eva R

Our daughter's reception was on 3/25/17 on the 8th floor of WOW and Jenn was our coordinator. The prior coordinator had left WOW without warning and we were concerned, but Jenn jumped in right away and took care of all our needs. She's quick with a response to our questions... Read More and always has a smile on her face. You can tell she loves her job. Our party captain that evening was Corey, who also was terrific and there to please. They allowed a cigar bar out on the terrace and even allowed us to bring in a mantle for a photo shoot. I would recommend WOW in the future. Thank you WOW gang!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Mandy E

Going into the tour here I wasn't quite sure I wanted to have our wedding and reception at this venue. So many people do their receptions here and I wanted ours to feel different and unique. Well from the moment we started working with Shannon it started to take on its own... Read More unique style and we knew this is where we wanted to spend our special day! My husband and I live on the west coast so we were planning from afar. Shannon made it so easy to get all the details taken care of. We added our own personal touch with twinkle lights but since I'm not a DIYer, it was nice to have the center pieces done for us. We had both our ceremony and reception on the 6th floor and it was so intimate and cozy. It was perfect for our 117 guest as had that day. The ceremony spot was perfect too. It didn't feel in the way of the reception area and vice versa. Everything was perfect from the start and I can't thank Shannon and the team enough for all they did to make our day so special!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Hannah G

My husband and i just hosted our daughter's 3/11/17 ceremony and wedding at WOW. We are still in awe at how amazing the entire day was. We had a large number of guests coming in from out of state so we reserved the 7th floor for the ceremony and the 8th floor for the... Read More reception. The event was magical from start to finish. We had some transition in roles of coordinators in the early part of our planning process and Ben Klein stepped in and assured us the transitions would not affect our event. Let me tell you, Ben was absolutely right. He worked with us personally throughout several months to ensure that we felt confident in the hands of the Windows staff. He worked very well with our day of personal day of coordinator and many other vendors we hired to make the day what we wanted it to be. I can't say enough about Ben's service and the service of the staff the night of the event. We had countless compliments on the venue, staff and food. Delicious!! I highly recommend Windows on Washington for the perfect backdrop to your special day.

Reviewed on 1/18/2017 Jennifer C

Our wedding reception was at WOW on 1-7-2017. The staff was delightful and attentive to our guests. The appetizers, dinner and late night snack were served in a timely manner..food was hot and delicious. We are grateful to Jenn Cornwall for her attention to detail from... Read More beginning to the end. All our best. bjc

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Kristen W

Windows was such a great place to host our reception, we could not have asked for anything better! We live out of town and Anna, our wedding coordinator at Windows, worked with us to ensure we had all the details sorted out and felt comfortable before the big day came! We had... Read More our reception on the 8th floor and loved everything about it - the high ceilings, the windows, dance floor, just to mention a few! Our party captain was incredibly helpful the night of the event and made sure our requests were catered to and everything ran super smoothly. They really made the night one to remember!

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Robyn H

A first class, AWESOME reception!! EVERYTHING was perfect! Food was great, venue was spacious and romantic, Jennifer was organized and attended to every detail.... Cory, our party captain, was hard working, polite and very helpful! ALL guests had a wonderful time....... Read More everything flowed.... flawless reception! I highly recommend WOW!!

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Rebekah W

Our wedding at Windows went great! Absolutely beautiful venue, guests loved it! I planned the wedding from out of town and they were very helpful. Jennifer was the best. She was organized and answered all my calls or emails the same day! And even when my dj didn't show... Read More up?!!! The windows on Washington coordinators and staff kept everything running smoothly