Your Wedding Dreams Come True at WoodWinds!

Woodwinds in Branford offers an Elegant European Country Manor setting where all your wedding dreams will come true! Known for their award-winning cuisine provided by Executive Chef, Silvio Suppa, owner of WoodWinds and the renowned Cafe Allegre Restaurant in Madison, CT., their service and food is simply incomparable to all others! Impressive, grand entrance featuring a majestic staircase, Austrian Crystal Chandeliers, mahogany columns and marble floors. The Firelight room highlights include a stone patio the length of the ballroom with French doors, marble fireplace seating 240 guests, while the Garden Room has two patios with panoramic garden views, a private patio facing a waterfall with a maximum capacity of 280 guests: For larger weddings the rooms open to accommodate up to 600.

Ballroom

Ca2ef7db d224 45ed bee8 1903676b6ed4~rs 100
85fa7701 a953 4325 9977 f6b764454ea3~rs 100

29 Schoolground Road, Branford, CT (203) 481-6577

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Erica N

We had such an amazing time! Everything was absolutely perfect! The staff was amazing, food was beyond perfect, and there are no words for Scott! My wedding was beyond flawless, I would recommend Woodwinds and Scott to any and everyone! Thank you all for making the wedding of... Read More our dreams come true and for making me want to relive the day over and over!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Mary Catherine K

We are beyond happy that we chose The WoodWinds as our ceremony/reception venue! Our ceremony was held on the front lawn at the gazebo. The gazebo itself and the trees behind it were decorated with lights, something we didn't know they would do! It was a nice surprise because it... Read More looked absolutely beautiful, almost as if we were married in a magical garden! Scott was so helpful the entire night and really made us feel like we didn't have to worry about a thing! Prior to the day of, I had emailed Ken about 501 times with questions. He was so nice about everything and quick to respond! The price was right, their staff was kind and helpful, the food was delicious, and the grounds and inside were beautiful! When we had first taken a trip to WoodWinds 2 years ago while we were searching for a venue, we couldn't find one thing we disliked! We didn't bother looking at many more places after because we were very happy with what they offered. Thank you, WoodWinds, for making our big day absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 11/13/2017 Melissa T

Amazing place to have any event. Everything was perfectly planned and arranged. Scott has everything done on our wedding day and I couldn’t have been happier. At the end of the night, the staff had everything boxed and ready to go so we didn’t have to worry about anything! First... Read More and only place you need to look for your next venue for any event!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Kerey J

Michael and I are extremely satisfied and content with the Woodwinds for our wedding on 9/30/17. The timely,attentive responses to emails loaded with questions were noteably impeccable and we found the venue to be very flexible and accommodating to our needs. Communication is... Read More key with planning a wedding, especially from across the country in California. We appreciate how smoothly rehearsal was, Scott’s attention to detail and overall professionalism, and more importantly the staff on site were definitely paying attention to refilling our guests water glasses. As a former caterer, I noticed the little details and am happy to return for future events. Thanks again! Xo

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Samantha T

Booking our Wedding at the Woodwinds couldn't have gone easier. Vanessa met us and gave us a tour of the venue and then went over the options for the reception. Vanessa was so thorough and answered every question we could think of! It was the best experience we had visiting... Read More wedding venues, and would recommend this venue to anyone! Thank you, Vanessa!

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Jen C

Booking our wedding at Woodwinds has been a wonderful decision. The staff is very helpful and nice. They really take your worries away and make the process stress-free. Upon booking the venue they gave us a jar of Sunday sauce from the chef. It was amazing. We are looking... Read More forward to tasting the food on our wedding day. The venue is gorgeous inside and out. The property is very well cared for. We can’t wait for our day there!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Anna Marie R

The woodwinds is a beautiful place from the elaborate fountain out front to the lavish gardens and waterfall in the back. It is perfectly situated in every way. My fiancé and I knew we wanted to book our reception here as soon as we took our tour. Vanessa has been very helpful... Read More in making our upcoming day both elegant and affordable which we really appreciate. Having been to weddings in the past, I know what a great job the Woodwinds does and how delicious their food is. Chef Silvio's Sunday Sauce is a must!! Upon visiting Woodwinds for our tour we were given a jar along with a box of pasta, a really nice touch if you ask me. I couldn't be happier on our decision and have no doubt my wedding will be "The Wedding" to be at.

Reviewed on 10/06/2017 Jenna V

Booking at Woodwinds was an absolute blessing! We had looked at nearly 20 venues and had it narrowed down to a few. Then we saw Woodwinds. The staff was beyond helpful and made us feel at home instantly. The way they described our day to us had us almost in tears. They are... Read More incredibly knowledgable and helpful throughout the entire process. Not to mention affordable! We are so excited for our big day and feel 100% comfortable with the massive told Woodwinds will be playing in it!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Maria A

Woodwinds has a great booking process. The tour and actual booking were not stressful. Vanessa is accommodating and genuinely excited about each wedding. She goes above and beyond to try and fulfill the needs of all the couples and is very easy to reach even after the booking... Read More process. Ever since we booked with Woodwinds, any vendor we have contacted had nothing but good things to say about the exceptional staff. We are very excited to be working with Woodwinds for our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Megan L

Booking this as our venue was the best decision we made! Going through the process to book, the whole time Vanessa was so responsive with the million questions I had and made it so much easier to book. We knew it was the place as soon as we walked through the doors. We cannot... Read More wait to have our ceremony and reception there next year. The food options are incredible and there will be something for everyone! We are looking forward to working with Vanessa and the Woodwinds team as our big day gets closer!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Nicole S

The name says Nicole, but this is Nathaniel, her fiancé! The entire staff at the Woodwinds immediately impressed us with their open attitudes, positive energy, and professional service. Nicole and I have been in a long-distance relationship for three years and The Woodwinds has... Read More been nothing but helpful in making sure we were cared for as we work together from separate states. The grounds are breathtaking and the building is by far the best we saw when venue hunting. We can't wait for our wedding in the Spring to spend time with our loved ones in such a welcoming and beautiful place! We look forward to working more and more closely with Vanessa and the entire staff as we approach our big day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Vanessa V

So far so good! It took over a year for my fiancé and I to even chose a location. Once we saw the woodwinds and how they operated, it was a no brainer. We met Vanessa, who was friendly and organized, to show us the venue. The personalization that you are able to have make me... Read More feel I can have a wedding without it being cookie cutter. Vanessa is always happy to answer questions no matter how big or small. She also was great for a quick second tour for me to show my immediate family as well. I cannot wait for my wedding day to arrive :)

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Josh A

My fiancé and I just recently booked our wedding here for next summer! The staff here was phenomenal to deal with especially with how stressful it all can be, they answered all our questions and always got right back to us when called or emailed. looking forward to the big day... Read More here!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Jaime R

My fiancé and I are thrilled to be having our wedding ceremony and reception at the Woodwinds on 10/13/18. Vanessa gave us a great tour and overview of what their options include. The staff have been extremely helpful and responsive to any questions we've had so far. We know... Read More many people who have used the Woodwinds for their weddings and they were very happy with the service, food and helpful staff for their big day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kaitlyn B

Everything about the booking process at Woodwinds was wonderful! Vanessa made my fiancé and I feel very confident about booking with them, offering her expertise about weddings in general, which was very helpful. She is quick to respond to any questions or inquiries you may... Read More have, and spent a lot of time with my mom and I during the initial meeting to ensure that we were comfortable and happy with the package she we were choosing. The venue and grounds are absolutely beautiful, it truly reflects the TLC that the staff have put into it. We can’t wait to get married at Woodwinds!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Alli D

My fiancé and I absolutely love Vanessa from the Woodwinds. She was so helpful and down to earth throughout the whole tour. All the venues in CT are beautiful and welcoming but the process can be intimidating. The staff at the Woodwinds are incredible and the venue is beautiful!... Read More Highlyrecommend this

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Linda F

From start to finish our experience with the Woodwinds was top notch. During our initial meeting with Carmine, he made us feel so comfortable. All communication leading up to the event was timely and professional. We were given the opportunity to sample some of the food at... Read More Cafe' Allegre prior to selecting meals for the wedding. The grounds were impeccably manicured, and the planting selections were simply beautiful. The evening went absolutely PERFECT. Perfect food, perfect drinks, and perfectly happy (and full) guests! A special bit of recognition needs to go to Scott, the wedding planner. He truly knows this business, and goes out of his way to meet any special needs you may have. It is so clear that he loves what he does, and puts his heart into every event. We were so pleased to be able to have our wedding at the Woodwinds.

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Amanda S

My fiancé and I want a small intimate wedding, and finding a venue for a party of 100 or less limits options. Most venues require a high minimum count. Woodwinds however, can accommodate both the small and the large wedding. The mangers of the venue and owners have great... Read More attention to detail. You'll notice that the grounds are very well maintained, the interior and exterior of the building are in excellent condition, and paint and carpets are maintained. All things one would expect of every establishment, but something we didn't find after touring several. You'll also notice that the quality and attentiveness of employees and organizers is top notch. Most have been with Woodwinds for years; a very good sign. In addition to all this, the price was competitive. We also appreciated them quoting a single figure that included tax and gratuity so there were no hidden fees we didn’t expect. Booking Woodwinds was an easy decision for us and we couldn’t be happier!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Genevieve M

After a long process of going through venues in our area and having trouble making a decision, my fiance suggested I visit the Woodwinds based on their stellar reviews and I'm so glad he did! After meeting with Vanessa and taking a tour of the Woodwinds I was sold! The price... Read More point was fair and their packages pack a great value. They also gladly accommodated adjustments to our package. Vanessa has been so responsive and helpful throughout the process and we can't wait to work with the rest of the Woodwinds team for our wedding!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Steve G

We cannot express how the staff had made our decision to host our September 2018 wedding so evident and worry free . Between the award winning food, cost per person, immaculate grounds, and the beautiful ballroom, the venue harmonized with our wedding setting. We highly... Read More recommend The Woodwinds as a venue to host anyone’s upcoming event.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Stephanie D

We are so happy we made the decision to book with the Woodwinds! Vanessa was so accomodating when I scheduled a last minute tour and even squeezed us in just two days later to see it again! She was so helpful along the way, answering all of my questions and emails, making the... Read More process seamless. Within 5 days we booked and we could not be happier!! --Stephanie & Andrew

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Kalie S

My fiancé and are so excited to get married here next year! We attended another wedding there this past June - the grounds are fabulous, the food is even better. I really liked the atmosphere! It’s so easy to set up a consultation with Vanessa, who is super sweet and... Read More knowledgeable! Highly recommended (already).

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 janelle r

This place is beautiful! I am so excited that I'll marry my best friend next summer here! The staff here were very patient, kind, and very professional. I am still overwhelmed with joy knowing everyone there will make our day extra special. Im telling all of my soon to be... Read More married friends to book with the woodwinds. Their service and booking process was exceptionally impressive! Thank you vanessa for working with us. Thank you for making this process ao easy! After going to several venues, we didn't have to look any further after visiting the woodwins, I'd get married here every year if i could......🤗🤗 Sincerely Jae & Eddie

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Karissa B

I highly recommend the Woodwinds for your wedding venue. My fiancé and I are currently in the process of planning our wedding and the staff at the Woodwinds have made it that much more of a pleasurable experience. We had been to 4-5 venues before going to the Woodwinds, and just... Read More when I thought I lost hope, this venue was everything I could have imagined. My fiancé and I both had so much relief after we booked. Vanessa is awesome! We are currently working together with her to pull our Christmastime wedding off! Her flexibility in scheduling is great as well as her response time. So very helpful, making what a stressful time planning that much more exciting and a breeze! They are so easy to work with. Menu options are fantastic and so reasonable, good quality for a fair price. The venue is beautiful, especially for a winter theme in which I am having! So far our experience has been great. We absolutely have no doubts on having gone with different venue.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Hannah H

The first venue my fiance and I went to tour was Woodwinds. We met with Vanessa and were really blown away. She made the experience enjoyable and showed us everything the venue had to offer without making us feel obligated to make a decision right away. We looked at other... Read More venues but it did not take us long to call Vanessa back to book Woodwinds. When we met with her to set the date and go over the contract, she really went over every option to make sure we were getting everything we wanted. The booking process was fun and easy. I cannot wait for our wedding next October. I would recommend this venue to anyone.

Chef Silvio Suppa

Chef Silvio Suppa & his family are the proud owners of Café Allegre, a fine dining Italian fare restaurant in Madison and WoodWinds, an award-winning wedding & banquet facility in Branford. With over 40 years’ experience in the restaurant business, Chef Silvio is also the author of a popular cookbook, “Cooking with Chef Silvio”, which contains classic recipes and stories from the Campania region of Italy. The Suppa family consistently receives numerous awards for excellence in food and service for both their facilities; such as the CT Specialty Food Association’s award for his line of sauces.