Your Wedding Dreams Come True at WoodWinds!

Woodwinds in Branford offers an Elegant European Country Manor setting where all your wedding dreams will come true! Known for their award-winning cuisine provided by Executive Chef, Silvio Suppa, owner of WoodWinds and the renowned Cafe Allegre Restaurant in Madison, CT., their service and food is simply incomparable to all others! Impressive, grand entrance featuring a majestic staircase, Austrian Crystal Chandeliers, mahogany columns and marble floors. The Firelight room highlights include a stone patio the length of the ballroom with French doors, marble fireplace seating 240 guests, while the Garden Room has two patios with panoramic garden views, a private patio facing a waterfall with a maximum capacity of 280 guests: For larger weddings the rooms open to accommodate up to 600.

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning

Bow2007

29 Schoolground Road, Branford, CT (203) 481-6577

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Lauren S

My fiancé and I recently booked our Spring 2018 wedding at WoodWinds and we couldn't be any happier! Carmine was extremely attentive and discussed in detail all our options for the big day. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful. Now that our countdown has begun we couldn't... Read More be more excited to celebrate our special day at Woodwinds!

Reviewed on 12/27/2016 Molly H

I have heard nothing but great things about having a wedding at WoodWinds which made it an easy choice for celebrating our big day. Carmine & Vanessa were outstanding in helping us decide on a package and setting the date. We are so excited to have our wedding there and look... Read More forward to a wonderful relationship with WoodWinds!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Jess M

WoodWinds was the perfect choice for our wedding. My husband and I could not have asked for a more perfect night. Scott and the entire staff were so attentive and people are still talking about how good the food was. You will never be disappointed by hosting any event at... Read More WoodWinds. Everyone goes above and beyond to make sure everyone’s special day is fairy tale perfect!

Reviewed on 12/08/2016 Lindsey A

I cannot express how satisfied and happy we were (along with our family members) with Scott (wedding coordinator) and his team at the Woodwinds. They knew what we needed before we did. He is truly talented and I can tell he loves what he does. This was the best day of our... Read More lives and worked out PERFECT thanks to their team and the venue. All of our guests said that was the best wedding they’ve ever been to. They also said that was the best food they ever had as well. So nice to hear we made the right choice with Woodwinds!

Reviewed on 12/01/2016 Kerby S

We just booked our Spring 2018 weeding with Woodwinds and could not be happier with our choice. We worked with Carmine who went above and beyond to give us everything we could have dreamed of for our big day. They were incredibly accommodating and responsive. We cannot wait... Read More for our wedding day to come and to experience it at Woodwinds.

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 Andrew G

There prices were much cheaper than any other vendor but I couldn't imagine another venue being more top notch than they were.Class act

Reviewed on 11/17/2016 Marie D

Our wedding was absolutely perfect, we are still hearing from friends and family on how perfect everything was. Between the food, weather and vendors we chose to work with I don't think it could've gone any better. The staff was more than accommodating to not only my fiancé and... Read More I but to every guest. The food was amazing from the cocktail hour to the main dinner to the Venetian table, everything was excellent. Scott and his staff made the entire day stress free, we are beyond happy that we chose the Woodwinds for our day. Thank you again to the entire staff from the front office to the event staff, everyone was great and such a pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Morgan N

I’d honestly had my heart set on a barn reception when I first visited Woodwinds for a tour, and was a reluctant bride in the beginning. But after working with Woodwinds for over a year on planning my wedding reception there (ceremony was off-site,) and after finally getting... Read More married last Sunday, I cannot stress enough how incredibly thankful I am to everyone at Woodwinds. I have worked with Joanna, Marshall, and our wedding coordinators during the event were Scott and Antonella. Everyone I have worked with has blown me away, and my mom and my now-husband both rave about Scott. I visited plenty of venues in Connecticut while initially searching, but Woodwinds was the only place where I truly felt like they cared about me as a bride, not as a paycheck. Whereas one venue tried to charge me $1,000 to put up white Christmas light in their venue, Woodwinds gave me an amazing day at 1/3 the price of other venues, along with complimentary dinner at Café Allegre (sister restaurant) to taste the food, and a free stay at The Inn at Lafayette for my husband and I the night of our wedding. Everyone at Woodwinds has always made me feel like family, and Scott even said as much when he once met my mom during his day off: he said that he was there for my mom on his day off because he truly loved his job and he loved working at Woodwinds, and after 16 years there, this was his family. When I told our DJ (Powerstation Events, DJ Kevin) that our reception would be held at Woodwinds, he said that he and other vendors loved working there because the staff at Woodwinds were genuinely wonderful people who always treated their vendors well. Everything during our wedding was spectacular – the food, drinks, service, etc. was top notch. We received compliments throughout the night from guests who were blown away by Woodwinds, and my husband and I truly could not have asked for a better wedding experience. We are forever grateful to everyone at Woodwinds for giving us a day that we, our families, and our friends will cherish and remember forever.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Kathy K

The Woodwinds did an amazing job with our wedding. Each and every moment was so memorable and enjoyable. The grounds are beautiful for pictures. The food was awesome. All of our guests have not stopped talking about how much they enjoyed themselves. Thank you The Woodwinds for... Read More making our wedding day perfect! :)

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 David V

Scott and his wife were such and great team and made our day go with ease! Woodwinds food is exceptional and everyone raved about it - the grounds are also beautiful and we couldn't be happier with our choice of venue !

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Jessica Y

There is no better place to have a wedding reception than at Woodwinds. From the moment we visited the venue, we knew we had chosen the perfect place. Throughout the wedding planning process I asked a ton of questions and Sarah & Joanna were always quick to respond and eager to... Read More help. The night of our wedding, Scott, Antonella & the rest of the Woodwinds staff went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. From Antonella helping with my bustle to Scott waiting with wet cloths after we smashed cake in each others face, they did not miss a beat. The food was superb and guests are still talking about it! I would HIGHLY recommend Woodwinds for anyone! Thank you!!!!!! (Jessica & Angelo, 6/25/16)

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Kari B

As I'm sitting here in the airport during our layover, I can't help but think how perfect our wedding was. Scott is absolutly amazing, and kept the day running so smooth , me and my husband did not have to worry about a thing. We had a young ring berrar and an even younger... Read More flower girl , and he kept them laughing through ceremony and pictures, even if it meant eating rose pettles out of the 2 year old flower girls basket. Thank you so much for everything you guys have done for the past two years. The food, waitstaff, and ceremony were flawless! Love, Marc and Kari Leduc

Reviewed on 8/15/2016 Tina Z

We couldn't have asked for a better venue! We knew we had found the one as soon as we met Joanna. She made sure we would have the perfect wedding. Then when Scott took over, we knew we were still in good hands. Scott was able to set up a rehearsal, which was difficult because we... Read More couldn't coordinate everyone. And on wedding day, Scott and his wife Antonella were on top of everything. My dad uses a walker for long distances and was worried how he'd get around. Scott made sure he had my dad's walker available for after my dad walked some short distances (walking me down the aisle). My dad never had to worry. He also had my lipstick and a mirror available for touch ups so I'd still look good in pictures. The food was amazing! The appetizers at cocktail hour were a hit! The guests said they just kept coming, they were never without! And the buffet... People couldn't get enough! The sauce on the pasta was so delicious, and being half Italian, the sauce was important to me! The waitstaff (and those that helped with the ceremony) and bartenders were so nice and made sure everyone was happy all day. Couldn't have been a better wedding!! Thank you again!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Jennifer P

Every positive thing you read about Woodwinds is absolutely the truth. My husband and I were married there on July 16th and it was perfect. Our guests had a blast, the food was delicious, drinks were plentiful and Scott and Antonella made sure everything ran smoothly. They are... Read More amazing. I wish I could do it again! LOL. Thanks for making my wedding dream a reality Woodwinds!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016 Lauren B

The Woodwinds is a beautiful facility, and one my guests were very happy celebrating at. Everyone loved the food and the atmosphere, and were commenting on how nice the grounds were. You need to keep in mind when booking that another event may be going on at the same time as... Read More yours in the opposite room of the facility. This wasn't really a problem, but it did prevent me from being able to arrive early enough to use the bridal suite to get ready in. The main reason I am giving the venue 4 stars is because the maitre'd forgot to get my groom for the ceremony! He, his best man, and the priest were waiting for their cue to go stand at the front, but never got it. They booked it over to the ceremony site when they heard the bridal march, but it is pretty annoying that the staff didn't make sure he was standing there before the wedding started! It made for a funny, though, and everyone had a blast at the end of the day.

Reviewed on 7/21/2016 Kendra M

My husband and I had our wedding at Woodwinds on July 15, 2016 and it seriously was the best day! Everything was absolutely perfect from start to finish, and Scott made sure the whole day went exactly as we had imagined. We had many guests tell us it was the best wedding they... Read More had ever been to! Our ceremony was beautiful outside near the waterfall, all of the food was so delicious, our signature drinks were perfect every time, and we had the best time dancing all night long - It was so much fun and I did not have to worry about a single thing the entire night! We seriously could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day, all thanks to Scott and the whole team at Woodwinds!

Reviewed on 5/18/2016 Claire S

Everyone at Woodwinds was extremely helpful all the way through the whole process, from my initial meeting just to look at the venue all the way until after the wedding day. In particular JoAnna and Scott who I have dealt with the most are AMAZING!!!!! JoAnna was very quick to... Read More answer any questions I had no matter how small or big, and I was very thankful for Scott day of the wedding. I would recommend Woodwinds to everyone.

2016-05-28T22:01:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of us! It means the world to all of us at WoodWinds, and we're so honored to have been part of one of the most memorable days of your life!

Reviewed on 5/05/2016 Jennifer W

This place is absolutely amazing. Scott the wedding coordinator really does it all. And the staff there are more than happy to help in any way shape or form possible. They went above and beyond for my wedding this past Saturday. The food was amazing. My guests have been... Read More complimenting the venue non stop. I honestly could write for hours about every detail Scott and the staff mastered. But for any bride who has a lot going on and cannot dedicate hours and hours to planning this is the place for you. They take care of everything.

2016-05-05T19:38:14 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to review WoodWinds and to honor our staff too! We appreciate you choosing us and we are all beyond happy for you! The WoodWinds Staff

Exceptional Wedding!!!

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Greg J

The Woodwinds was our choice for our venue and we loved every second of it! From start to finish, the staff was exceptional with everyone being so helpful. We met with Sarah to begin with, and she was so pleasant and accomodating and answered all of our questions and... Read More subsequent e-mails in a timely and professional manner. We ended up having both our ceremony and reception on site, and we are so glad we did! Our wedding director, Scott, and his wife were so gracious and helpful during the whole day of our wedding too, that words can't express how much fun and at ease we were. We have received nothing but RAVE reviews from all of our guests, who especially loved the food! I would HIGHLY recommend the Woodwinds to any couple who is searching for a venue. Their prices are very reasonable and they can accomodate you in whatever request you may have. Thank you to the great team at the Woodwinds!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2015

As a vendor & guest, Woodwinds by far is one of the best venues we've worked at or been a guest at. The staff, especially Scott are all amazing! Their attention to detail is hands down just incredible!!!! The food was very, very good as well!!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Kayla E

Woodwinds was absolutely wonderful. I have only great things to say about them. They went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. JoAnna was there to answer questions throughout our entire two and a half year engagement, Antonella was so incredibly helpful the day... Read More of, and Scott is simply amazing. He knew what we needed before we even did. The food was also incredible. Our guests are still raving about it. HIGHLY recommend!

Everything was perfect at The Woodwinds

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Michelle Affinito A

My husband and I only looked at 3 venues (The Woodwinds being our 3rd) before deciding to use them. When we met Sarah for the first time she was warm and bubbly and was honestly excited about our engagement. She really helped make our choice clear. She answered questions day... Read More and night, and even on weekends when I would email her and helped out every step of the way. When we finally met Scott we knew we were in good hands too. He knew how to do his job well and made everything so much easier for us. The day of the wedding Scott was there from beginning to end. He helped bustle my dress, and brought all of us drinks in the bridal suite. Everything was set up perfectly and just how we wanted it. Throughout the reception Scott was on top of everything. Keeping an eye out to when our food was at the sweetheart table, making sure we were set on drinks and whatever else we needed. I can honestly say that we were so ecstatic with how everything turned out and The Woodwinds really made it possible. As I said in my title, everything was perfect! Thank you so much!

Everything was perfect at The Woodwinds

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Michelle Affinito A

Sarah and Scott made everything hassle free for our wedding. Sarah responded to my (many) emails straightaway and answered all of my questions. The service was fantastic and the food was excellent. Scott made it his priority to be sure everything went just as we wanted. He was... Read More there with us the entire time. I would not have had it any other way! This venue was absolutely amazing from the beginning to the end.

every thing I imagined and more

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jessica P

the most amazing food, staff and venue!! Picture perfect!!!

Wedding July 26, 2015

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Mallery B

I can't say enough about Woodwinds!!! They made my wedding day a day I will not forget. The service, food and decor everything was amazing. I can't thank Scott enough, letting us use his car for pictures and being there every step of the way. Antoinette was also amazing. We also... Read More delt with Joanna she helped use feel stress free about planning everything. There is not one negative thing I could say. My guest to this day talk about how everything was amazing. This is the place you would want your dream wedding!!! If I could give 10 stars I would⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Chef Silvio Suppa

Chef Silvio Suppa & his family are the proud owners of Café Allegre, a fine dining Italian fare restaurant in Madison and WoodWinds, an award-winning wedding & banquet facility in Branford. With over 40 years’ experience in the restaurant business, Chef Silvio is also the author of a popular cookbook, “Cooking with Chef Silvio”, which contains classic recipes and stories from the Campania region of Italy. The Suppa family consistently receives numerous awards for excellence in food and service for both their facilities; such as the CT Specialty Food Association’s award for his line of sauces.