Caring for you on the days you care most about.

Call us at 630-403-8254 or email us: [email protected] You Name It Events offers you comprehensive wedding planning services ranging from full service wedding planning & design to day of wedding coordination. Our personalized, professional team listens to your ideas and brings them to life, helping you be less stressed and enjoy your wedding planning process as well as the BIG day itself. We pride ourselves on our relationship-based service - meaning we don't just care about the basics of your day or getting you from point A to point B - but truly care about your wishes, hopes and dreams for your wedding. We work to get to know your details so that we are equipped to best help you up to and on your big day. It's more than just business for our team: it is the chance to help y

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, Honeymoon, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Honeymoon Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Lauren B

Absolutely 5 star service & delivery all around. Hiring Leanne & her team was the absolute best decision I could have made and worth every penny (& then some!) As a self-proclaimed "type AAA" person, I have trouble relinquishing control - particularly after spending over a... Read More year planning our wedding. Her attention to detail and genuine concern to ensure everything ran smoothly and according to plan were incredible. She really takes a lot of time to understand your "vision" and what's important to you - she also has impeccable taste, and I felt so comfortable handing the reigns over to her to execute on our wedding day - which she did flawlessly. She made 3 separate trips downtown (for the walk through, rehearsal and of course the wedding day), and everything ran like clockwork! It was also so helpful to have a single point of contact for all of the other vendors & handles any problems that arise. She's basically the Olivia Pope of wedding planners/coordinators! :) Best of all, I was actually able to enjoy our wedding day & knew that my family and bridal party was able to as well since Leanne was behind the scenes taking care of all the details (e.g. collecting our cards, gifts, personal items, extra wine, my veil, bouquet, cake! and taking it back to the hotel for us - that was such a huge help not to worry about!) The piece of mind alone to know that you will be able to have fun on the day you've spent SO much time (& money!) pulling together makes having a day-of coordinator ABSOLUTELY worth it. Thank you so much to Leanne & her team - I'm so glad I heard about you guys & will be forever grateful for all you did to make our day so special & memorable!

2016-08-17T17:40:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind & thorough review - of course, glowing reviews are our favorite, but when they are also thorough and detailed, we love them even more! It was such a pleasure working with you and your lovely group on your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Sabrina T

Working with Leanne and her team was the best decision I made when it came to planning my wedding. My husband at first didn't quite understand why we needed a wedding planner, but now he is the first one to tell all of our friends that it was worth it! He was her biggest fan and... Read More she helped with way more then I ever thought I needed help with. From finding vendors, to corresponding to emails the week of my wedding because I was sick, to making sure she knew family members names, and bustling my dress. She was a jack of all trades on the wedding day and because of her there were absolutely no bumps in the road. Leanne is amazing at what she does and I couldn't be more grateful for everything she did for us to make sure my day was picture perfect!

2017-11-20T09:32:47 Response from the vendor

You two are THE sweetest. Your taste is impeccable and it was an absolute pleasure to be a part of such a beautiful day for two such beautiful people! Same time next year??

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Erica M

We hired Leanne and her team for Day of Coordination and our minds were blown away. With her organized planning and outstanding customer service, she helped us to stay calm and collected and allowed us to enjoy every minute of our wedding without having a care in the world. As a... Read More bride that is worth its weight in gold! Leanne is worth every penny and we feel like she is part of the family after guiding us through such an important day. My mother raved about her and our groomsmen kept thanking us for her having such an amazing Day of Coordinator. We would definitely hire for any future events. Thank you Leanne and team for your AMAZING help on our wedding day!!

2017-10-02T10:45:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review, Erica! We had SUCH a great time with you and your wonderful crew of family and friends! It was absolutely our pleasure. We wish you and Jamal all the best!!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Sabrina J

My husband and I were unsure how we wanted to celebrate the day of our marriage. We both come from huge families that typically host traditional weddings and the thought of that sounded overwhelming to me so I decided to hire a wedding planner. We were going back and forth... Read More about hosting the wedding at a big venue or just going to church by ourselves and calling it a day. Leanne came up with the perfect plan that never crossed our minds. We did the who shebang but on a much smaller scale and it was perfect. We decided to host dinner in the Sears Tower. The views were breath taking. It was intimate, relaxing and beautiful beyond our dreams. The décor blew our minds. Leanne thought of and prepared for everything. Not a detail was missed from how to walk down the aisle to ordering the most romantic flower arrangement I’ve ever seen. She considered our needs and wants and gave us a wedding meant for us. She responded as promptly as possible with detailed information and went the extra mile. If it weren’t for her we would not have had the success we had in properly communicating to the vendors what we wanted to see out them. She has the lingo down, knowledge and years of experience that many of us do not have. She knew what services were within their scope and how to achieve what we wanted. Throughout the process she informed us of options we didn’t know existed. She took the images we had in our heads and went beyond them. Hire Leanne and enjoy your wedding like you deserve to instead of running around going from one task to another and another. This was the best investment we made for the wedding. She put all our hard-earned money to good use. But, she gave us the one thing that mattered the most- time to enjoy our company on our wedding day which oftentimes doesn’t happen without a planner.

2017-09-15T22:40:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind and thorough review! It was such a pleasure working with you two to create something outside of the ordinary for your special day! We are honored to have been part of it all!

Reviewed on 9/05/2017 Michelle S

Leanne is simply AMAZING! We hired her for our day of coordinating services. I can't say enough about how organized she is - she took care of everything the days up until our big day and it was a relief knowing she and her team were at our venue making sure everything was set... Read More up just as I imagined. She was also super helpful in suggestion things and posing questions that I had never even thought of. You can tell she's a pro! Definitely recommend!

2017-09-05T13:55:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review! We so appreciate it!

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Britt A

You Name it Events was fantastic to work with!! Leanne is great and our day-of coordinators team, which was spearheaded by Shereene, went above and beyond to make our special day seamless and enjoyable. They were fun, efficient and adaptable to accommodate all of our needs.... Read More Would recommend them to anyone!

2017-08-30T13:13:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Brittany! We loved working with you and your sweet family & friends! Thank you for trusting us with your BIG day!

Reviewed on 8/03/2017 Matt A

Top notch! Leanne and her team are exceptional at paying attention to every detail. They create events that are exactly aligned with our vision and which are memorable. Highly recommended!

2017-08-03T10:55:52 Response from the vendor

We had a great time working with your organization on your event! Thanks for taking the time to share your review!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Kristin W

We are so glad that we used You Name It Events for our wedding planner and couldn't have been happier with them. We were able to meet Leanne before the wedding to outline the events of the day and go through all of the details. She was extremely thorough and detailed and thought... Read More of things that we hadn't even realized that we needed to consider. Leanne helped to coordinate with all of our vendors and ensure that the entire day ran smoothly. She took care of so many of the little things you don't think of, like bringing our card holder and guestbook to our room at the end of the night. She was professional and fun to work with and having her allowed us to enjoy our day and not have to worry about anything!

2017-07-17T13:47:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review! We SO appreciate as we understand that newlywed life is busy, busy, busy! We wish you all the best and happiness for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kara L

Leanne and her team at You Name It Events were phenomenal! We booked them shortly after I realized planning a wedding with my family states away was extremely difficult. She was always there for me when I had questions & put my mind at ease when I was overwhelemd. When it came... Read More time for our big day, her & her team did more than I could have ever asked for. It was perfect! I was able to relax & enjoy the best day of my life while they did all of the behind the scenes (setting up, picking up, keeping me hydrated & pinning my torn dress from dancing!) Not only was I impressed, but the guests & vendors also complemented them. Highly recommended!!!

2017-07-07T23:19:25 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We loved helping with your fabulous wedding and appreciate your kind words!

Reviewed on 1/04/2017 Carmen C

A few weeks before the wedding, we were introduced to Leanne at You Name It Events - and we immediately knew we were in great hands. Leanne helped with the personal aspect of the wedding day -- things you just don't even think about -- and she was AMAZING! She also helped... Read More with our timeline and asked poignant questions we had no idea how to answer -- and she helped with that too! Honestly, we would be the one's worrying if a vendor did not showed up . We didn't have to WORRY with Leanne in charge - she took care of every detail. If you have the opportunity to start your wedding from the beginning with Leanne - then do it! Realize that your wedding party - they are really just there as guests..... they need to be in the photos - and are not going to run around for last minute things that you need. We can't thank Leanne enough! ALSO -- Leanne took photos and shared them with us right away -- and they were very artistic photos - and we are so pleased to have them. THANK YOU!!!!

2017-01-04T21:18:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and thoughtful review! It was an absolute pleasure to meet and work with you both - your wedding was so full of love and joy and we were honored to be a part of it!

Reviewed on 12/09/2016 Hilary F

Working with You Name it Events was the single best decision I made in wedding planning! There is a reason everyone tells you to get a DOC. Find the money in your budget, you will not regret it. Seriously. I worked with Sherenne and Jenn on the day of my wedding. They were... Read More professional, organized and lots of fun to work with. It allowed me to enjoy the wedding day so much more knowing they were handling all of the details big and small. I worked with Leanne, the owner, during the early planning stages and was so impressed with her dedication and genuine excitement over her client’s plans.

2016-12-09T12:49:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! Our entire team enjoyed working with you both and loved how things came together! Best wishes for a joyful future! :)

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Keith S

Working with YNIE was one of the best decisions we made regarding our Oct 8th nuptials. As we began the planning we knew we wanted a wedding that was unique to us and didn’t want to spend money on traditional wedding elements that didn’t mean anything to us. From the beginning... Read More Leanne helped to direct our thinking allowing us focus our time and money on things what would help us create our vision. We selected the “Day- of” package, but corresponded with Leanne several times on things we couldn’t possibly have known on our own since we aren’t in the industry. Our wedding was a DYI event and my husband and I put in countless hours to ensure every detail would be ready leading into the day. On the day of the wedding, Leanne’s team took over and her staff of 3 stayed there the full time ensuring every detail was perfect. After the event we were able to head out and meet friends for the after party instead of worrying about clean-up. Our budget was small and at first we were nervous about the extra cost of a wedding coordinator but looking back I don’t think we could have executed such a perfect day without the extra help from YNIE.

2016-11-08T15:00:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback! We love and appreciate it when our clients share their experience. We loved working with you guys and wish you all the best!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Nicole D

You name it was great to work with and significantly allow me to enjoy and relax for the weeks leading up to and weekend of our wedding! No matter how long you're engaged or how organized you are there are always all sorts of minor questions and details that require you're... Read More attention and stress you out when you should be enjoying this time. Having Leanne was a godsend! I have a very stressful and time consuming job and with few vacation days to use I couldn't take time off before the wedding with the honeymoon we had planned. Leanne kept me sane and was able to contact and coordinate all my various vendors and have everyone on the same page and have the day run incredibly smoothly, despite the curve ball mother nature threw that day. She was able to get all our details set up in our reception and ceremony space perfectly so that everyone could relax and visit during the day. I would say investing in a coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for the wedding and You Name It did an amazing job!

2016-10-25T13:59:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review!! It was so lovely to work with you and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Shereene M

Leanne was so great to work with for my destination Indian wedding. Her and Susan came down to New Orleans from the beginning of the wedding weekend and made me feel so calm through out the process. I felt like everything was under control and had peace of mind that all of my... Read More hard work planning would be taken care of. Hiring You Name It will be the best investment for your event so you can truly enjoy it and know that everything will go smooth!

2016-10-25T14:07:10 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We loved working with you - your wedding was such an adventure and a pleasure!

Reviewed on 10/12/2016 Cindy E

Leanne and her team guided us from inception to the day of our Companies 125th Picnic Celebration. Our vision of what we wanted and her knowledge and connections with vendors, from food to entertainment to tent, table and generator rentals was exactly what we needed to host our... Read More employees. I have the utmost respect for Leanne and what she offers and gives to a day memories will be made.

2016-10-25T14:07:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We loved working with your fabulous team!

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Emily S

Leanne was great to work with! We chose her for our day-of-coordinator and I had the utmost confidence handing everything off to her when the big day finally came around. She made everything flow smoothly and with her hard work and guidance she helped make this big day the most... Read More beautiful, most special of our lives. We can't thank her and Marie enough for decorating, directing, guiding, and assisting in all manner things during our chaotic planing process! An additional 1000 points for finding my "something blue" on the bathroom floor (a piece of my sister's childhood blankie that had been tucked into my wedding dress) and for saving it for me when she realized what it was. I would have been devastated, so Leanne is ACTUALLY my hero. xo

2016-09-16T13:42:27 Response from the vendor

Dearest Emily - Thank you for your sweet review! It was an absolute pleasure to work with you and your family on your wedding day! We are so glad you enjoyed everything and were so pleased to be a part of it all. Best wishes... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/22/2016 Beth

Leanne is the best! Hiring her was one of the best decisions we made for the big day back in April. She helped everything ran smoothly with guidance before the big day, organizing all information in the weeks before the wedding, and then taking control of everything the day of.... Read More Dan, my mom, and I were all so thankful she was there! Everything went perfect. Thank you Leanne!

2016-08-24T18:20:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! It really helps us to get feedback and it so helpful for us to be able to share that with others as well. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Kerry B

We used You Name It Events as "Week of Wedding" coordinators for our wedding in downtown Chicago. The day of the rehearsal and wedding, they took over all of the organization and double checked everything. They coordinated and confirmed details and deliveries with our vendors... Read More to be sure everything ran smoothly. They truly made it so that we did not have to worry about anything on the day of our wedding, just enjoy it. We would HIGHLY recommend using them for your wedding needs!

2016-07-11T16:02:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, Kerry! We truly enjoyed working with your group and appreciate your trust in our team for your BIG day. We wish you all the best, newlyweds!!

Reviewed on 5/22/2016 lindy m

I was lucky to meet Leanne at an open house at the Haight (Elgin). She helped us through the entire wedding planning process and gave us a book of paperwork to keep us on track with planning. Throughout the entire process, including the day of the wedding, she was very prompt,... Read More friendly, and thoughtful. She is the main reason why our wedding went off without a hitch. We had about 12 vendors and Leanne helped coordinate delivery and pick up times with all of them. We ran out of beer and whiskey after the cocktail hour-- because our friends & family were a little thirsty-- and Leanne helped us out of that mess. She really went above and beyond what she was hired to do and we can't thank her enough! She even made sure that my mom was taken care of the night of the wedding! I would recommended hiring Leanne for any event that you're thinking of planning. If you don't have an event coming up, make one! Thank you Leanne! You are the BEST

2016-05-23T12:36:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, dear! You guys were SUCH a pleasure to work with and we can't wait to see how newlywed life treats you! Congrats, again!

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Kelley F

I was one of those people who did not think we needed a coordinator and that we could take care of all of the details on our own in planning and executing the wedding we envisioned. I quickly discovered in the early stages that we needed help. Enter YouNameIt Events. Leanne... Read More and her crew were awesome! My wife and I cannot say enough good things about our experience with these kind, professional, and fun people. Leanne was always an email, text, or phone call away with answers any and all of our questions. She and her group were instrumental in helping us find the rehearsal dinner location, numerous vendors for anything we wanted, as well as helping us organize and maximize our experience. YNI Events worked seamlessly with all of our many vendors, photographers, videographers, etc and kept everyone on the ball the entire time. Such attention to detail definitely paid off as our wedding weekend ran like a well-oiled machine. We were all able to enjoy the experience without having to worry about a single thing. Not only were they were helpful beyond measure, but we also developed a personal bond with them through the process. It truly was like having additional friends around to help out at every turn. Their attention to detail and to their clients is apparent upon meeting them. They truly want your event to be as special in execution as it is in your head. I would highly recommend YNI to anyone looking to take the stress out of their wedding or other event planning.

2016-05-11T10:17:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! You guys were such a dream to work with! We loved every minute of your wedding day and would be so excited to help with your family's next big event!

Reviewed on 2/01/2016 Sarah B

I recently hired Leanne and her team over at YNI for my January 2016 wedding. You Name It offers a wide variety of services from full wedding coordination to day of coordination. You can really customize packages to suit your needs. I had an initial consultation with Leanne back... Read More in the spring. What struck me about her is how she actually seemed to care about us as a couple and the wedding we were trying to put together. We let her know what services we really cared about and she helped us pick out a package. I was looking for a day of coordinator to set up decorations for me, help me manage the timeline of the day and mitigate a last minute crisis if necessary. When we booked YNI, since we were the first wedding on that day, we were told that Leanne would be doing our wedding. Just as a note, if you are getting married during more popular times of the year, you may have a different lead coordinator. After our initial consultation, we booked YNI for our day of coordination. After that, if I ever had any wedding questions, I was able to reach out to Leanne. About two months out, we scheduled an initial walkthrough of our wedding venue with Leanne. She pointed out a TON of things that we had forgotten about. Luckily she had us do this far enough out that we had plenty of time to figure everything out before the wedding day. About a month out, Leanne sent us paperwork to help us get organized for the day of the wedding. YNI has great templates to help you stay organized and see if you are missing any of the pieces (timeline template, vendor contacts, wedding contacts, etc). Then finally about two weeks out, we did a final details meeting and a final venue walkthrough. Throughout the entire process, I felt that Leanne and her team were very organized and knowledgeable about the wedding industry. This is my first wedding so there were a lot of random, small wedding things I had questions about and Leanne always had the answer for me. On the day of the wedding, Leanne helped us keep on track while getting ready in the morning. She made sure the wedding ceremony went smoothly. After the ceremony, Leanne and her team went over to the venue and set up all our decorations for us (and there were a lot). She also made sure that all vendors were present and accounted for. When my bustle broke during the wedding, Leanne was right there to provide a solution. At the end of the night, Leanne helped pack and load up all the decorations as well. Honestly, our wedding could not have gone any better. Leanne helped us get organized before the wedding and kept the day running smoothly. I was never bothered with anything during my wedding day and I can honestly say it was money very well spent. Hiring a day of coordinator was one of the best things that we did for our wedding and I highly recommend Leanne and the team at YNI.

2016-02-01T21:03:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your thorough and thoughtful review! We enjoyed working with you and your family so much!

Reviewed on 1/30/2016 Kasie P

Leanne was the absolute best money I spent for my wedding! I had nothing to worry about because I knew she already had taken care of everything. I truly got to relax and enjoy my special day, which is amazing. We had to make some last minute changes due to unforeseen... Read More circumstances and she was amazing and made me feel at ease about it all. I highly recommend Leanne and her team to anyone planning a wedding!

2016-02-01T21:02:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review of our services, Kasie! It was absolutely a pleasure to work with you!

You Name It made our day amazing!

Reviewed on 1/26/2016 Lisa L

I think hiring Leanne to be our wedding planner was the best money we spent on our wedding. She was so on top of everything, and I never had to worry about something falling through the cracks. She was able to provide us with fantastic ideas for our vendors and helped us... Read More navigate the negotiating process with our contracts. She even helped us problem-solve when minor issues popped up (as they inevitably do). It truly was a pleasure working with Leanne. My husband and I were able to enjoy our entire day without any worries.

2016-01-26T20:41:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Lisa! It was truly our pleasure!

Excellent Service.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Hiring You Name It Events was the best thing I did regarding my daughter's wedding! They facilitated our basic plan and offered constructive advice without being intrusive. They provided complete setup of our decorations at the venue and created the exact look that we had... Read More envisioned. The entire event ran smoothly from setup to takedown. Their expertise allowed me to feel like a guest at my daughter's wedding! I did not worry about a thing! One final bonus....they loaded all decorations and gifts into my car at the end of the evening! They handled everything!

2015-10-31T13:57:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for sharing your kind words and review of our services! We loved working with you and seeing how great you planned for your daughter's wedding - the special touches and the time it took for you to do what you did... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/28/2015 Rachel O

We planned our wedding in Chicago from living in Indianapolis and Leanne was absolutely fabulous! I don't think I could have had such an amazing wedding without her help. From scheduling vendor meetings when we would come up for a weekend and want to get a lot done to organizing... Read More everything the day of so we didn't have to be extra stressed, she helped out with so much! She was always quick to respond to emails or jump on the phone leading up to the wedding when I had questions or needed advice on something. Her communication was excellent. On the day of, Leanne and her team of 3 other girls set up our ceremony and reception room and it looked absolutely beautiful! She sent me pictures throughout the day while getting ready of how things were coming along which I thought was great! I would highly recommend her to help out if you are planning a wedding from out of town but even if you are local there are so many things that she can help out with! A+ rating for Leanne and her team at You Name It Events!

2015-10-29T15:55:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much, Rachel! I love seeing your wedding photos pop up on facebook - your group is so gorgeous and it was truly our pleasure to help with the planning and coordination of your day! :)

Leanne Valdes

Leanne Valdes founded You Name It Events in 2010. Coming from a background of various administrative roles including leadership training and development and administration, she brings the best blend of excitement and experience to your wedding design & planning process. Her favorite two moments at your wedding are when we finally get to see the vision come to life and the (usually brief) moment we get to pause and observe you and your guests enjoying your event and creating memories for a lifetime.