Special Event Choreography

Make your special night even more unforgettable with creative, one of a kind choreography! Offering services from beginner lessons to completely choreographed first dances. YNC works to ensure you both are comfortable and truly at ease on the dance floor. Be your best self with YNC!

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, World Music

8250 W. 3rd St., Los Angeles, CA (732) 266-3230

Krista & Kel Dance Lessons-- the Easiest Wedding Decision You Will Have to Make!

Reviewed on 4/25/2015

Gosh, where on earth do I start? Maybe it would suffice it to say that training for our "first dance" with Krista and Kel was one of the most memorable, game changing, transformative, joyful experiences my husband and I shared together while preparing for our wedding. But... Read More somehow that does not do these two people justice! Training with Krista and Kel was so special and they are two of the most professional, hard working, and kind hearted people I know. Their incredible spirit translates fully -- and then some -- into not only their craft but their teaching style. Krista and Kel prepared us beautifully for our first dance-- giving us the perfect roadmap to our favorite song and anticipating at every turn our needs, our challenges, and the things to remember on the big day. The dance lessons with Krista and Kel became more than just lessons for us, it was a safe, non-judgmental, sacred and, most importantly, joyful place for my husband and I to seek refuge during all of the pre-wedding craziness. On our wedding day, we performed the dance without any problems-- even though I had a dress for days and very high heels! It was one of my favorite parts of the wedding, because it was a time when my husband and I could really connect; it was our sweet, special, little moment, just the two of us. I truly believe this gift of a memory was in large part because of Krista and Kel's loving, supportive and encouraging energy. That dance was a moment my husband and I will cherish for a lifetime and we have Krista and Kel to thank for that. I HIGHLY recommend Krista and Kelvin-- your wedding, your first dance, and your precious memories will thank you for it!!

No words could tell how awesome YNC is!

Reviewed on 12/31/2015 Phoebe S

Krista + Kel = incredible couple. We wanted to have a fun first dance, and we consider ourselves incredibly lucky to have found YNC. What we started with: Husband (to be) with good rhythm and awkward high school dance experience. Wife (to be) with lots of energy and zero dance... Read More experience. What they gave us: 2 new friends, incredibly fun dance lessons, a fully choreographed dance that fit our personalities perfectly, a listening ear when we wanted to slightly tweak something, an ego boost (yes, they truly make you believe you are a good dancer and help you fool others too...), and the list goes on.... The lessons: We did the 5 lesson package, and they were so fun that we were always so excited to go to them. They try to learn about you before the first lesson so they can plan the dance to fit your style, wedding attire, venue, etc. Each lesson, they would come with a portion of the song choreographed, and we would practice both what we had already learned and the new dance moves. They would always make sure we were comfortable with everything and if something didn't feel right, we would work together to change it on the spot. Then they would video us doing the portion of the dance we had finished and send it to us so we could practice. Having a husband and wife teaching was so helpful because Kel could show my husband exactly what to do, and Krysta could show me. The lessons were full of dancing yes, but they were also full of laughter and getting to know each other. Krysta and Kel are amazing people and just hanging out with them is fun. The dance: My husband and I absolutely loved our dance. There is something so special about dancing together, but it is so much more fun when you can do it well, and thanks to Krysta and Kel we felt like we could. We were so excited to dance at the wedding that we weren't nervous at all, and we had such an amazing, special time performing the dance for all our guests. It was definitely one of the greatest highlights of our day and a memory we will cherish forever. In fact, we loved our dance so much that we didn't want to forget it, so we have danced to our song in our living room on every "monthiversary". We could never thank YNC enough for the amazing experience. We are so thankful that we found them and decided to spend the money on the lessons because the memories they helped us create are truly priceless. Do you want something special that you will remember for the rest of your life? Krista and Kel are the perfect duo to help you create that memory!!

2015-12-31T16:34:04 Response from the vendor

WOW!! We are so humbled and grateful for your amazing review and incredible words. We truly feel the same, that we found new friends and you guys made our job so easy! We feel so lucky to have met you both. We hope we see... Read Less Read More

These guys rock!

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 Kayla W

My wife and I went to Your Night Choreo with Krista and Kelvin a few weeks before our wedding. I will be the first to admit I was a little standoffish about the whole idea. I'm a guy that's into offroad racing, working on cars, mt biking, snowboarding,camping, ice hockey, etc.... Read More Dancing not really my bag. Maybe the occasional Bernie out around the campfire. haha If you have ever seen the movie "The Cutting Edge". Basically, what we had going on here. Let me tell you was 200% worth it. We both had zero experience slow dancing. In only three 1 hour session (okay, we practiced a few times at home too) they had us tearing up the dance floor. They are laid back, fun and very professional. They took time to make sure we were both comfortable with each move before adding adding to our dance. When it was game time (wedding day)our lessons really helped take the pressure off us and let us dazzle the crowd with confidence. The best part about the whole thing, we will have these moves for any slow dance occasion down the road. Thanks to Your Night Choreo! Elliott and Kayla

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Jackie N

My husband and I wanted to choreograph our first dance at our wedding and found Krista and Kelvin, who are amazing! They are not only terrific dancers themselves, but are patient and incredible in terms of finding your strengths and working with you to perfect a routine that... Read More works for you both. Plus, being able to watch them do the choreography first was very helpful and an added bonus in helping us learn our dance. They will also work with you in terms of scheduling and truly want to help make your first dance experience a great one. They definitely helped make our experience more fun and we were very lucky to find them! I will definitely recommend them to friends!

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Katie R

Krista and Kelvin are the best! I took classes with my husband as well as my dad and they ended up being one of the most enjoyable parts of the wedding planning process! Krista and Kelvin made sure everything went at our own pace and they made all of the steps very easy to... Read More follow, which was especially helpful for my dad! We brought wine to a couple of the lessons, and it was so much fun to be silly and enjoy ourselves on the dance floor in such an easygoing environment. I also loved that they made videos for us to watch so we could remember and practice the steps in between sessions. Watching ourselves on camera was a little funny, but the videos were extremely helpful. I am so glad we chose to take dance lessons with Krista and Kelvin. It made the first dance and father-daughter dance that must more special. We can't say enough good things about Your Night Choreo. Thanks Krista and Kelvin!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Vivian L

My husband and I wanted to do a choreographed first dance for our wedding on 7/15/17. We actually interviewed 2 other instructors before we found Krista and Kelvin. We loved the idea of having two instructors which would allow us to learn the dance better. Krista and Kelvin were... Read More just the nicest people ever! They were always so sweet and encouraging. We chose Jason Mraz's I won't give up for our first dance song. Krista and Kelvin cut down the song to 2:31 minutes and gave us a cute routine that was manageable for our skill level while still looking amazing! We enjoyed every session with them! We can't wait to come back for some group lessons later!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Philip W

We hired Krista & Kelvin to help us for our July 15, 2017 wedding. They were awesome and blew us away. To keep this review short, just a few examples: *They helped us choreograph and truncate a dance for one of our favorite songs: Jazon Mraz, "I Won't Give Up" *Having two... Read More instructors is huge. We've tried some dance lessons with only one instructor, and it isn't the same. Much less helpful. You can teach way more and more efficiently with two instructors. *Video of lessons is also huge and helpful for remembering the moves and practicing between lessons. *We got 5 lessons, and went from complete beginners to having a great dance and feeling confident about it. We learned so much every time so that we were pretty much ready after only 4 lessons. There was NEVER any upselling or encouragement to get more lessons. Instead, it felt like Krista and Kelvin were trying to teach us as much as possible in every lesson. *Our dance ended up great! Lots of compliments from our guests and we enjoy watching the video. Again, we were horrible dancers and complete beginners, so to get us to this point is amazing. Go with Krista and Kelvin! You won't regret it. UPDATE: Here's a short video clip of our first dance: youtu.be/qj32-SVkxa0

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Elias P

Krista and Kelvin are amazing. They are great dancers, teachers, and people. As all the other reviews said, Krista and Kelvin are the real deal, so my wife and I only want to add what stood out the most to us. My wife and I had no dance experience going in, so we were nervous.... Read More They made us feel confident, comfortable, and were extremely constructive throughout the entire experience. Krista and Kelvin only danced with themselves and only had my wife and me dance with one another (huge deal for us since we were anxious about dancing for the first time!), but I am sure they would switch if you asked them to. Krista and Kelvin are on top of their game! They would email us our video so that my wife and I could practice before our next session. Krista and Kelvin always sent email reminders so that we would not accidentally miss our sessions! Super cool! Krista and Kelvin are committed and friendly. They got to know my wife and me on a personal level. They asked what our lives/schedules were like and used that information to plan our sessions. They were available for us during late nights, which was perfect. Aside from being awesome people and great with their students, they are well versed dancers. My wife and I learned how to dance a slow song in English (Marry Me - Train) followed by a Spanish bachata song (Te Extraño - Xtreme). We loved their teaching styles so much, that we extended the lessons to learn how to dance to Banda, Norteñas, and Cumbia (all Spanish music genres). Who knows, maybe we will go for a Salsa lesson soon!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 KAITLIN S

Our dance lessons with Krista and Kelvin were easily my favorite moments in the 8 weeks before our wedding. We selected a pretty upbeat song and knew we couldn't get away with swaying back and forth on the dance floor. We sent the song to Krista and Kelvin and opted to do 3... Read More lessons. We went from very basic to looking totally awesome in a matter of a few weeks! Every lesson was so much fun and they are such patient and smart teachers. It was awesome having both of them together, rather than one teacher trying to teach both parts. On the day of our wedding we blew everyone away and got all kinds of compliments! Bonus: they moves they taught us could be used throughout the reception to other songs too. Krista and Kelvin are easily some of the nicest people we have met in LA and I'm going to miss them! But I'm already working on convincing my husband to take some more lessons for fun :)

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Monica M

Krista & Kelvin were such a pleasure to work with!! We actually looked forward to all the lessons. They created a dance that was so perfect for my husband and I. Especially considering we wanted a country song with the 2 step! We ended up with an incredibly elegant first dance!... Read More I would recommend them to anyone!!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Patrick S

Krista and Kelvin are fantastic dance instructors, and amazing people! They bring positivity and energy to their craft, and understand the capabilities of their clients. They were extremely helpful in teaching us one move at a time, and brought our first dance into a full... Read More routine. We took three one hour lessons and enjoyed all of it. We also promised to take them to Happy Hour after our wedding! Dance lessons were one of the best choices we made for our wedding, and we highly recommend Krista and Kelvin!

Reviewed on 12/19/2016 Kira C

There is no way to thank Krista and Kelvin enough for what they did for our wedding day. I would like to first say that the did not only provide a beautifully choreographed dance for our first dance but they also offered us refuge from the busy days of stress in the weeks that... Read More led up to our wedding. Every lesson, my fiancé and I walked into the studio and were able to be 100% present in the moment and this was very welcomed during that busy time. Krista and Kelvin made a beautiful dance number to the song “Lovely Tonight” by Joshua Radin and even edited the song to make it more appropriate for the dance. Although this is not a super familiar song to many people, they made a dance that reflected the meaning and was simple enough for my fiancé and I that we felt comfortable. Furthermore, after each lesson, they email you a video of you doing the dance so you can practice which is so helpful. When the day arrived we were overwhelmed by the way the dance captured how in-sync and in love we were as a couple. Krista and Kelvin helped us display this love to all of our guests and we had a great time doing it. Originally, having dance lessons was my fiancé’s idea, but now I am a huge advocate for the idea and think every couple should do the same!

Reviewed on 12/13/2016 Laura J

Our wedding planner (whom I trust immensely) referred Krista and Kelvin because she knew I wanted to learn a choreographed dance for our wedding. I wanted the dance to be really special and I was also very nervous about it. After our first meeting with the lovely couple I felt... Read More instantly calmer and at ease. They are an adorable husband and wife team and make the process a true joy. I chose a Marvin Gaye song and they choreographed a dance we were thrilled with, complete with a couple tricks. I didn't want to have to even think about the dance on the day of because I knew I would have so much on my mind, and by the same we had finished our lessons it was totally committed to muscle memory. We nailed the dance on our wedding day and plan to continue taking classes, just because it was so enjoyable. I can't recommend them enough and I was a very picky bride!

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 Erin G

Krista and Kelvin work miracles! My fiancé and I had never formally danced; we’d never even casually danced together. We were stiff and I had a tendency to take the lead. Our expectations were pretty low on what could be accomplished in the 5 weeks before our wedding,... Read More especially since we had little time to rehearse between lessons. All we really wanted was to not look like a couple of fools during our first dance. They taught us moves! We know moves! And we look pretty good doing them. They aren’t very complicated, but you would have fooled me. We looked natural and comfortable and had so much fun during our fist dance! I’m so glad we did it!

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Jennifer W

I wanted to gift my dad something before the wedding that allowed him and I to spend more time together and after reading some of the reviews about Krista and Kelvin I knew that buying some dance lessons for us would be perfect! My dad LOVES to dance and spending time with his... Read More only daughter brings him so much joy. We didn't know what to expect when we signed up, but we were blown away and so grateful for having chosen Krista & Kelvin. They are so kind, easy going, positive, and supportive. Learning a choreographed dance is challenging and they knew exactly how to create something that would be perfect for me and my dad. We both LOVED that both Krista and Kelvin taught the class together because it's a huge help for us to watch them dance first and then instruct us. There's no way we'd have learned our dance as quick without both of them. My dad and I looked forward to class every week! And it was SO FUN to have a special dance with my dad, it made my wedding so much more amazing. :) I highly recommend taking lessons with them, even if you only want to learn a few moves (turns, dips, etc.). I even bought 2 lessons for my fiance and I so that the two of us would feel more natural during our first dance. Plus, it's so fun to have just even a couple moves - your guests will go crazy! :)

Reviewed on 8/01/2016 Sophia R

My husband and I were in the midst of wedding planning when we decided to take dance lessons with Krista and Kelvin. It was truly one of the best parts of the pre wedding process and it really helped us come together as a couple and loosen up a little! Neither of us had formal... Read More dance experience before, but Krista and Kelvin have a thoughtful and really fun approach that makes this the perfect experience for just about anyone. Whether you're looking for something choreographed and fun, something formal and romantic, or just praying you don't fall on your face (me!) - Krista and Kelvin will listen to you and help shape your wedding dance into something truly special and that represents you both as a couple.

2016-08-01T18:14:05 Response from the vendor

It was so much fun dancing with you both! You guys were so open to anything and brought fantastic energy! There was a lot of love in the room! Congratulations on your wedding!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Kristina S

My husband and I were looking for a different approach to our first dance as a couple. We are a mix of different cultures & backgrounds and so was our wedding party. We knew we wanted something traditional, but only to start off. Our goal was to surprise everyone with a dance... Read More that was representing us for who we are with all our facets. We researched dance studios online, but most of the studios seamed too stiff or conservative for our taste. We almost gave up the search, but found Your Night Choreo by accident. Krista and Kelvin’s easy-going and open-minded charm was not just a web-page advertisement gimmick. We scheduled a consultation and boom: Our decision was made. It was the perfect fit. We were so excited we had found teachers that were just as excited and open minded about our surprise first dance as we were and so began the work on our carefully selected mash-up dance to 4 different songs crossing over 4 different styles and eras. Oh and we are no dance pros. We are just a fun & active couple. No prior experience. Krista and Kelvin explained the steps, transitions and moves so well to us it was easy and fun. Granted we had to practice at home, but it actually allowed us to have some real fun during the otherwise rather busy wedding planning period. We were laughing with Krista and Kelvin and alone at home watching the video recordings they send us to support our practice. Music mesh up and editing was also done by the two. Amazing. Our dance was a complete success and we laughed the entire time. Nobody saw the transitions coming and we got endless compliments from our guests. We highly recommend trusting these two wonderful dance instructors and human beings. You’ll surely learn how to dance well and have a wonderful time doing it.

Reviewed on 6/09/2016 Brigette F

Krista and Kelvin were genuinely amazing!! So glad we found them through the knot.com. My husband and I initially joked that we would just do the typical side to side first dance. But after our dance classes and our beautifully choreograph first dance as husband & wife we were... Read More really happy that we choose Krista and kelvin as our teachers. They were extremely patient and were so much fun. We were glad that they recorded each session, it helped so much when we were at home. We couldn't be more thankful that what we had both of you as our dance teachers. Each dance class we attended we really enjoyed it, and it was definitely a wonderful experience. Thank you for giving us a beautiful choreographed first dance that we shared as husband and wife. Everyone loved our dance. We definitely recommend Krista & kelvin to anyone looking to learn some new steps for your first dance or a full choreographed first dance and have fun in the process.

2016-06-09T14:59:59 Response from the vendor

B and J! We had such an amazing time dancing with you both! Your love for each other is so apparent and wonderful and you guys worked so hard. We are so thrilled we got to see the dance because it was amazing! Thank you... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Stephanie M

They made dance lessons so easy and fun! Can't tell you how much we enjoyed the lessons and the dance was a hit at the wedding, came out so great! 1000% recommend using Your Night Choreo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2016-06-03T15:00:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We had such a great time with you both and we are so honored we were able to be a part of your wedding! Wishing you a lifetime of love and hope to see you guys soon!

Reviewed on 5/16/2016 Larry D

We had found “Your Night Choreo” through TheKnot.com. Meeting Krista and Kelvin our first time was comforting. Our wedding was only a month and a half away, my wife and I had no prior experience dancing. They assured us that based on the timeline we would definitely be ready... Read More on the big day. Our dance rehearsal was a joyful experience. There was plenty of laughing and fun dancing….most of all stress-free!!! Krista and Kelvin are such a wonderful couple. They were able to work around our busy schedules. With their help we put on a good show at our wedding with the first dance. Thank you to both instructors! We would definitely recommend “Your Night Choreo” to all friends and family.

2016-05-16T21:41:09 Response from the vendor

Phu and Larry - We had the best time with you both!! Thank you so much for the wonderful review and for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day! We hope you had an incredible day and we are so lucky we... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Janice R

My new husband and I LOVED working with Krista and Kelvin! My husband and I never had formal dance training before, so we were quite nervous about our first dance! We did a lot of research into dance schools, and decided on "Your Night Choreo" because we liked the husband/wife... Read More team. Not only were they very responsive via email, but they came prepared with a full choreography to teach us for every lesson. We sent them a few sample videos of how we envision our dance to look like, and we ended up with a beautiful choreography that was easy to follow, remember, and hope to dance to on our 50th wedding anniversary! As a bonus, we liked how Krista and Kelvin taught us basic steps, so we're able to apply what we've learned to other songs/dances. Thank you so much for your patience and caring so much about us!

2016-05-10T17:58:41 Response from the vendor

Janice and Mike! Thank you so much for your kind words and we had the best time dancing with you both!!! The picture of your dance is gorgeous and we can't wait to hear how everything went! We feel extremely lucky and honored to be... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Catelin

Krista and Kelvin are wonderful choreographers. My husband and I love to dance so we knew that having a choreographed first dance at our wedding was truly necessary. After searching on TheKnot we found Kelvin and Krista and, after our initial meeting, we were so excited to... Read More get started. Not only are they completely fun to spend time with, but they really know how to appeal to dancers on an individual level. The benefit of having a couple teach us to dance was really immeasurable as you get individual attention and opinions based on what they both see. The entire experience was so fun. It was like six date nights rather than classes. At the end of each class we were even given a video of our practice, which was extremely helpful as we attempted to practice throughout the week, inevitably forgetting the moves :) Needless to say, Krista and Kelvin really know their stuff and working with them was so much fun. I wish we could have continued our classes forever. Thank you so much, you guys!! -Catelin Pereira

Your Night Choreo - Krista & Kelvin

Reviewed on 11/01/2015

Fun, fabulous, first-class! Krista & Kelvin (Your Night Choreo) were amazing to work with. Their approach is very personal - they get to know you as a couple, listen to any and all ideas you have for your dance and choreograph moves to suit your capabilities. With each lesson,... Read More they review and re-assess if something isn't working and remain open to suggestion. Their main motivation is to ensure you have fun, feel good about your performance and ultimately look GREAT for your dance. Viva Disco! Viva Krista & Kel!

Krista and Kel are the best hands down!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

My wife and I had no dance experience, but over the course of four 1-hour lessons, we felt like we became professionals! Krista and Kel are AMAZING and so patient. They choreographed a full routine for us in a matter of days and taught us every move step by step in the easiest... Read More way possible. They took extra time after each lesson to make sure we understood every move and step. Not only were they our dance instructors, but we became great friends! We can wait to come back from our honeymoon and take more dance classes for fun. Highly recommended and will not go anywhere else ever!

2015-10-29T14:49:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for the incredibly kind review! We sincerely loved meeting you both and can't wait for more dancing and hangouts to come! Have an amazing honeymoon and wishing you tons of love and joy in your marriage!

Dad and Daughter Dance

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

Yournightchoreo (Krista and Kelvin)were hired by my daughter to choreograph the dad and daughter dance. Our daughter wanted a fun and unconventional dance and not only did they come up with the perfect dance they delivered a lot more. Krista and Kelvin were patient and great... Read More listeners, receptive to both concepts and ideas. They didn't herd us in any direction, rather understood that this was my daughters moment and that she had to be happy with the final product. And not only was she happy, I heard nothing but positive comments from the guests. A personal highlight for me was when one of the caterer's approached me and said, "I've catered a lot of weddings but that was the best dad and daughter dance I've ever seen". What a commentary from a seasoned wedding veteran. It was without a doubt, one of our, and I suspect the guests, consummate memories. Krista and Kelvin worked like seasoned professionals and treated us all, especially my daughter, like the valued customers we had hoped to be. Likely the most evident aspect of this experience with Krista and Kelvin was they cared. It permeated everything they did. My wife and I, without any reservations, would recommend Yournightchoreo and Krista and Kelvin.

Krista and Kelvin Ramirez

Krista and Kelvin Ramirez met as professional dancers. They believe dance is truly the great unifier. There is nothing like looking into your partner’s eyes and letting everything else fade away as you move together. From Ballet to Salsa to Hip Hop, they draw from all genres to give a unique dance experience. Having recently married, Krista and Kelvin understand the stress and pressure that a wedding often brings on. They founded Your Night Choreo to give couples a chance to let go of the wedding tension and be able to dance, laugh, and learn something together.