Affordable Boutique Maryland Wedding Catering

Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning is the leading catering company for Baltimore wedding catering, and Baltimore corporate event catering. Zeffert and Gold Catering is Baltimore’s choice for stylish and boutique catering at a reasonable price. We have been the top Baltimore catering company for over 30 years in the Maryland catering industry. Our approach allows us to create custom catering events for Maryland wedding catering by working with our clients to design events from scratch.

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

6601 Whitestone Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 944-4481

I wish I could give higher than 5 out of 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

I'm honestly not sure it is possible to put into words how amazing working with Zeffert and Gold was. We worked with Matt and he was not only an amazing asset to have with regards to help in planning the menu, but he was the only person that kept me calm in the weeks and days... Read More leading up to the event, and the single person who is responsible for making the event go better than I could have ever imagined. Matt's staff were so accommodating and I never felt like I had to ask for anything because it was like they were trained to read my mind. The food was amazing. I do not think I have ever had a better meal. I have had at least 8 friends who are planning weddings call us to get our caterers information. The crazy thing is two of these friends weren't even at the wedding but heard from others how great the food was! Matt brought us food throughout the event, and even packed up a to go basket for that night (which was a life saver). Picking Zeffert and Gold and Matt was the best choice we have ever made. Our day was spectacular and it would not have been this good or exceeded our expectations if we did not choose Zeffert and Gold!

Better than I could have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013

When I came to Zeffert and Gold I was thinking that I would get laughed at because of my budget. They not only helped me plan an amazing event, that included a ton of DIY details, but they worked to stay UNDER my budget. I still cant believe what they were able to do with the... Read More amount of money I had to spend. They really do have all inclusive pricing. At first I thought it was too good to be true, but they really do not add anything to that per person pricing. Amazing! Not to mention that they were amazing at helping me set up all of the cute little "pinterest" wedding details that I made and brought and expected to have to set up myself. Truly the best wedding vendor that I worked with by far!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Courtney S

Zeffert and Gold did an amazing job catering my wedding. From the moment we booked them, there was constant communication about the upcoming event and details. They were so flexible in choosing the menu, even using my mom's crabcake recipe! Every single item was delicious and... Read More the presentation of all the food was beautiful. I would absolutely, 100% recommend Zeffert and Gold for any event.

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Ann D

Where do I even begin? My husband and I were engaged for 18 months and hired Zeffert & Gold very early on. From beginning to end Matt and his team were unbelievably responsive, kind, and accommodating. I don't think that we could have gone wrong with our choices for cocktail... Read More hour and the reception, but Z & G wowed our guests with every single one of the appetizers and served hors d'oeuvres in addition to the lobster roll station, meat carving station, and mashed potato station. We both received so many compliments on the food and drink throughout the night and we were thrilled ourselves, too! As if all of this wasn't enough, I had someone who tended to my needs throughout the night... from bringing me drinks, serving me a taste of everything while holding a napkin under my mouth, reminding my MOH to touch-up my lipstick, and making both my groom and I AMAZING plates of food to ensure that we had dinner ourselves, it was a dream come true. Thank you ALL for making our night so perfect! It was an absolute pleasure having you on our special day!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Sarah M

Our family and friends told us over and over again how wonderful the food was at our wedding. We really enjoyed it as well. They made sure as bride and groom we ate!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Brandon C

My partner and I got married on 01/07/2017 and Z&G catered our entire event. Z&G didn't just 'caterer' our event... they went above and beyond by helping plan every single aspect of the wedding. We cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Z&G and their... Read More exceptional staff. They were there for every step, making sure that nothing was any more overwhelming then it needed to be. They also made sure that all decisions were handled timely and efficiently... even ones that didn't have to do with catering. If you are looking for a extremely professional company to cater your special event you cannot go wrong with Z&G! All of our guests are STILL raving about the different food stations, and the passed apps (the mini crab cakes and the chicken and waffle sliders were a BIG hit)! We would like to thank Iris, Matt, especially Jess (for putting up with all of the craziness the day of), the whole team at the Z&G for being so fantastic and making our special day so unforgettable by us AND our guests! Work with Z&G, you will not be disappointed. They are extremely flexible and experienced and will make sure that you are totally happy. We will forever be grateful! Brandon & Brad

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 M W

Zeffert and Gold exceeded our expectations! After our initial meeting with Matt, we knew that they were the caterer for us. Matt and his staff did an amazing job, and everything was executed perfectly. Ms. Pat was such a joy at the wedding. She always had food and drinks ready... Read More for us when we needed it. Our guests loved the food, and we are so happy with the stations that we selected. Z&G is a great caterer, and we are so happy that we chose them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Simone S

I cannot speak highly enough of Monroe Zeffert and Zeffert & Gold. We are so thrilled with how Monroe handled our event at the Baltimore Museum of Industry, a particularly complicated venue as it has no kitchen. Monroe was incredibly helpful and returned phone calls and emails... Read More very promptly throughout the planning process. I had some specific food requests that weren't necessarily on his menu and he accommodated everything. He went above and beyond what we expected of a caterer. All the food was served hot and delicious and we received so many compliments on the food I lost count. All staff was very professional and experienced. My husband and my server, Pat, was so sweet and attentive. She anticipated our needs before we even asked, bringing us water and food throughout the night. I highly recommend choosing Zeffert and Gold, we are so glad we did.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Shannon B

The service, professionalism, attention to detail and value were amazing. We worked with Iris from start to finish, even after our wedding reception was postponed for nine months due to a blizzard. All of the staff at Z&G that we met were amazing and treated us like friends or... Read More family, not just clients. Iris worked with us to fit our budget and then talked with me for hours on the phone when the weather had other plans. When we FINALLY got to have our wedding in October 2016, it was everything I could have hoped for. The food was amazing and service impeccable. All of our guests raved about it.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kacie S

You MUST hire Zeffert and Gold for your wedding!! I can’t say enough about how great it was working with Matt Gold from Zeffert and Gold. I loved every part about being a bride (ie, I was a lot to deal with). I had ideas about EVERYTHING and emailed Matt multiple times each... Read More week for nearly a year. Not only was he patient and always positive, but he had excellent perspective and experience and could help me think through the logistics of each idea I was considering. Our friends had recommended Matt so highly that we actually booked Z&G before our tasting. When we talked through what we were thinking for our reception, Matt gave us tons of ideas. There are menus on their website, but if you have an idea of what you want, he’ll work with the chef to make it happen. Our post-booking tasting was obviously nothing short of incredible. Both my husband’s parents and mine joined us, and we all enjoyed the different bites so much that it was difficult to land on our menu. As a side note, no other wedding I’ve been to has the kind of selection that Z&G has. With our package, we had four plated appetizers and five passed for cocktail hour as well as three different stations for the main courses. I love variety, and Z&G absolutely delivered. Matt made the planning phase fun and easy. As a reader of this review, you may already know this, but your caterer really pulls together all of the pieces of your wedding. I asked Matt about linens, candles, flowers, timing, cake cutting, table set up…. the list goes on and on. He always delivered. The best was that if he thought my idea wasn’t great for specific reasons, he would be honest with me. However, he would always be willing to pursue the idea if it was important to me. He equipped us with the knowledge from his experience so we could make smart decisions that were still in line with our vision. Now, what you’ve all been waiting for—the food! Guys, it was SO good. I am often disappointed with mass produced food. At most weddings, I may find an appetizer or two that I enjoy, but I am really picky on quality. You cannot go wrong with Z&G. They have so much variety that all of your guests will be pleased, and each dish is done impeccably well. Everything we had at our wedding was as delicious as the day we tasted it at our tasting, proving that their ability to coordinate a large scale event and keep the quality. Some finishing touches from Matt and Z&G: Immediately after our ceremony Matt was waiting to hand each of us our signature drink. After pictures, Matt and his staff made sure that my husband and I had multiple of each appetizer to try. All night, Matt and his staff went out of their way to make sure that the bride, groom, and both sets of parents never waited in line or had to lift a finger. After our first dance, the staff had piled high four plates with a sampling of each of our stations for my husband and I to share. There were honestly rooms at the venue that I didn’t see the night of the wedding because I didn’t need to take care of anything. I’m a crazy control freak; however, I didn’t need to be the night of my wedding because Matt and the Z&G staff took care of every. single. detail. The staff was courteous and well-dressed to match our black tie affair. Post-wedding, we got lots of emails from guests saying how amazing the food was (and that Z&G was not stingy on their alcohol pours!) I am a very tough critic, but you would be making a mistake if you didn’t hire Z&G.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Caroline H

We used the kosher division of Zeffert and Gold, Celebrations, and they were amazing! They staff was incredibly nice and professional and went out of their way to ensure that every single person was taken care of. I cannot say enough good things about Monroe Zeffert, he was... Read More responsive, kind and extremely attentive to detail. This company is top notch and are a huge reason that our wedding day was perfect.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Sarah D

Zeffert & Gold was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a caterer to make the call. I reached out to about 10 catering companies when planning my wedding and Zeffert & Gold was the clear winner to give you the most bang for your... Read More buck. KC was our event planner and her and the staff deserve all 5 stars! Z&G made the process easy from day 1. When planning your own wedding, there are already so many details to worry about so when several other caterers broke pricing down to the # of forks, the # of wine glasses, etc. I found it frustrating and unnecessary. Z&G simply needs to know the estimated number of people to attend and they handle the rest. Pricing includes place settings, glassware, linens, etc. And if there is something you do not need or something you want added, they are extremely flexible to accommodate. Another huge plus was KC's flexibility with scheduling/time. I live in CA and got married in MD so when I was visiting and only had a 24 hour window (or less) to meet, she always managed to find time for me. So obviously everyone wants to know - how was the food/service at the event?! The food was delicious and the staff was extremely pleasant. I am still hearing compliments from our guests about how good everything was. The displays were beautiful and nothing looked "ordinary." For example, to save some money we provided our own cupcakes but Z&G still provided the display trays and set them up tiered with decorations on our dessert table at no extra cost. They also provided cute hand-written chalkboard signs for all of the food so guests knew what they were being served. To sum it up - I couldn't have been happier with Zeffert & Gold - from planning to married :)

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Sofie C

Wow, where do I even begin. From the moment I met Iris Gold, my new husband and I knew she would be perfect for our big day. Iris, her husband Aaron, and the entire team made us feel so comfortable and excited from day 1. Our big day was beyond our wildest dreams and everything... Read More ran so smoothly! I cannot say enough praise about Z&G-- we felt so loved and the food was DELICIOUS. So many of our guests could not stop talking about how amazing the food was, how kind and professional the team was, and how beautiful our tables looked. I also must send a huge thank you specifically to one of their staff members who followed my now husband and I around during cocktail hour with glasses of champagne, hor d'oeuvres, and a huge smile. She was so sweet and thoughtful and made sure we got to taste (Which is so hard on the actual day!) Iris made our day flawless and was a joy to work with the entire way. Our venue had quite a few rules and Iris took the reigns and made sure we had nothing to worry about! We honestly cannot stop talking about how hiring Z&G was the best decision we made.

Reviewed on 9/25/2016 Rachel M

Zeffert and Gold catered both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier. Throughout the whole process, Aaron and his team were responsive, creative, and willing to work with us to create a unique menu for both events. We had a wide range of... Read More international cuisine at different stations and everything was absolutely delicious. Guests commented repeatedly on how fantastic everything was, from the appetizers to the stations to the bar service. Everything was perfectly timed and we even managed to taste everything throughout both nights. We were so relaxed going into the weekend and our trust in Z&G was a big part of that. Their service and food were both perfect.

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Chanel B

I don't know how to express just how grateful and ecstatic we are about how wonderful EVERYTHING turned out on our special day! Nothing in my life has ever gone as smoothly as my wedding day and that's thanks to Zeffert & Gold. First of all, they set up the reception area... Read More beautifully! Matt and Lawreen treated us like royalty. Tyrone (T.J.) and I laughed because everytime we turned around, they were RIGHT THERE offering us any and everything. The entire staff knows how to tend to the needs of our guests and were very down to earth. ALL of the food was DELICIOUS! But if I hear one more person gush over those CRABCAKES! The bomb! We are still enjoying the leftovers. Zeffert & Gold were very helpful and professional and a pleasure to work with. If and when we have another event, they already got the catering job! So pleased! You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed on 7/13/2016 Claire S

Choosing Zeffert and Gold as our caterer for our Baltimore Museum of Industry wedding reception was one of the best wedding planning decisions we made! We were thrilled with our experience from start to finish. We wanted food stations for our reception, and Zeffert and Gold... Read More offered plenty of options to choose from at very reasonable prices. We loved working with Matt during the entire planning process. He was so accommodating, responded to emails promptly, helped us evaluate all of our options, shared cost saving tips, and provided valuable input even on matters unrelated to food, such as layout, timeline, decor, etc. On the actual wedding day, Matt greeted us the moment we stepped out of the limo with drinks in hand. He checked in throughout the evening to make sure that everything was running according to plan, and also kept us to our timeline so we didn't have to worry about that at all. All of the servers were so friendly and efficient, especially Pat, who attended to us throughout the night, making sure we had a drink whenever we wanted and could try all of the food we had selected. The food itself was phenomenal, and our family and friends are still raving about it! We were very excited at the end of the night when Matt handed us a care package of leftovers to enjoy the next day. We are so grateful to Zeffert and Gold for making our wedding reception such a beautiful and carefree event. They exceeded all of our expectations, and we would work with them again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 6/28/2016 David T

Zeffert & Gold did an absolutely amazing job catering our wedding. Matt was the planner for the entire process, and he was super hands on and extremely available. Food was one of the most important things for us for our reception, and judging by the way everyone was raving about... Read More both the appetizers and the entrees, Z&G was very successful. We did station style dinner, and Matt really helped us personalize every part of the food, from our fancy mac & cheese bar station to the ice cream sundae bar we had instead of a cake. We ended up having three tastings with Matt because we couldn't make up our minds about what to serve, and Matt was completely fine with that, because he understands how important this day is. We also got all of our reception tables, chairs, and linens from Z&G, because they had the best price. However, at one point, Matt even looked into us getting our rentals from our tent company, because he thought he'd be able to save us some money. Overall, I would highly recommend Zeffert and Gold catering if you want to have amazing food at your wedding that is original and different from the boring, bland food you see at all of the other weddings.

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Lisa C

Zeffert and Gold did a fantastic job with our wedding. Matt Gold was extremely professional, understanding, experienced, and responsive. He guided us through the whole process, helping us make good decisions and avoid potential problems. Everything we discussed was executed... Read More as expected, including the wine & beer tasting bar that we spent a lot of time planning. He was able to coordinate with the caterer of an event immediately prior to ours at the same venue & have them leave out certain items which we would also be using. Little tricks like this really show how seasoned he is, finding ways to make things run smoother. He treated us like royalty during the wedding, *always* ensuring we had some food and even greeting us at the end of the ceremony recessional with our first drinks of the evening! Our guests enjoyed the food very much, and they had lots of compliments regarding the entire staff - courteous, helpful, and efficient without being aggressive. The staff did a phenomenal job of setting up & cleaning up on time and sending us home with yummy leftovers. Because of them, our wedding was everything we wanted it to be. We would give them 10 stars out of 5 if possible!

Reviewed on 5/25/2016 Laura M

ris and her team are absolutely incredible. She's a seasoned wedding pro - very professional - very personable. She's got a huge heart and she felt like a member of our family during the ceremony and reception. EVERYTHING went on smoothly because of the amount of experience she... Read More brings to the table. Food was incredible to say the very least. We did catered apps, welcome tables, a sit down dinner, two bar stations, an icecream bar, and cupcakes .... everything was delicious and our guests RAVED about the food. This team made sure that my husband and I had apps waiting for us, as well as cold beverages after our ceremony. They made sure that the reception was organized in a manner that allowed me and my husband to have a chance to eat our entire dinner. Staff made sure that we both had drinks in our hands the entire night. Including putting extra drinks on our table after last call. THE BEST THING EVER? The catering team assembled two huge plates of leftovers for me and my husband and parents to take home with us at the end of the night. After the after parties, we got to go back to our room and HOUSE some apps. It made a huge difference. I would 10/10 times book this team again.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

Zeffert and Gold did an awesome job catering our wedding. They fed 250 people w zero mishaps. The food was incredible and the mashed potato bar was a huge hit. Their staff was extremely professional and detailed oriented!! I highly recommend them!!

Reviewed on 3/29/2016 Rochelle H

Zeffert and Gold is THE best catering company in the area. When we first started selecting our caterer, we knew right away that we would be happy with Z&G. Matt Gold was phenomenal. He went above and beyond. We are thankful for his honesty and advice throughout the process. His... Read More entire team was so friendly and it was obvious they enjoyed their jobs. Our guests are still raving about how delicious the food was and how awesome the staff were! Thank you Z&G for making our wedding day so fantastic.

Reviewed on 3/06/2016 JASMINE B

Words can not describe the professionalism, the food, the assistance that Z&G provided was amazing. KC stood by our side from day one and she transformed out venue into exactly what we wanted. KC you were awesome thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015 Kim S

Iris and her team were incredible, and I honestly can’t say enough good things! The food was amazing, and Iris was very willing to work with us to create our dream menu. She made two custom hors d’oeurvres that we requested, and made chicken and waffles as one of our entrée... Read More dishes, which was a huge hit! At the end of the night she gave us food to go, which was amazing since we didn't get a chance to try any of it during the wedding! We loved going to the Zeffert and Gold office for our tasting (Iris recommended we bring my whole family, which was a great idea!), and throughout the whole planning process, she was easy going, knowledgeable and flexible, which is all I could have asked for. I also can’t believe how helpful and amazing Iris and her team were the day of the wedding. Whenever I needed anything, she was always there, and above all else, I really felt like she had my back, which was such a nice feeling. At one point we realized we had forgotten special tablecloths that I bought back at the hotel, and Iris was willing to go and get them for me moments before the ceremony was about to start!! She honestly wanted our wedding to be perfect and did everything in her power to make that happen. Every time I turned around she was there offering to get me a drink or something to eat. Not only Iris but everyone from Zeffert and Gold were incredibly nice & helpful. Choosing Zeffert and Gold was probably one of the best decisions we made throughout the wedding planning process. Iris is everything I could have asked for in a caterer and can’t recommend her highly enough.

Perfect in every way.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Sara G

I cannot say enough about how wonderful this caterer was for my wedding. Their food is delicious, their service is phenomenal and they went above and beyond to help me coordinate everything on the wedding day. I am still receiving compliments about their service and food from... Read More the guests. This caterer was also the least expensive we found and we did not sacrifice a thing by choosing them. Matt was very helpful from the start and I highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

We cannot say enough great things about Zeffert & Gold. Our daughter's wedding was absolutely perfect, the best day of her life, and the catering played a huge role in making that happen. From the amazing quality and variety of food, to the kind, friendly, professional staff,... Read More we cannot imagine a better catering experience. More than that, Iris and her staff were with us every step of the way, providing great ideas and advice while always listening to what we wanted. Our guests had nothing but great things to say. We will enthusiastically recommend Zeffert & Gold to anyone we know that is planning a wedding.