Affordable Boutique Maryland Wedding Catering

Zeffert and Gold Catering and Event Planning is the leading catering company for Baltimore wedding catering, and Baltimore corporate event catering. Zeffert and Gold Catering is Baltimore’s choice for stylish and boutique catering at a reasonable price. We have been the top Baltimore catering company for over 30 years in the Maryland catering industry. Our approach allows us to create custom catering events for Maryland wedding catering by working with our clients to design events from scratch.

Cuisine

African, Cajun, Hawaiian, Northeastern, Southern, Southwestern, American, Chinese, Eastern European, French, Greek, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Mexican, Middle Eastern, BBQ, Seafood, Specialty, Thai

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Halal, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Chef Stations, Family Style, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Food + Catering

6601 Whitestone Rd, Baltimore, MD (410) 944-4481

I wish I could give higher than 5 out of 5 stars!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013

I'm honestly not sure it is possible to put into words how amazing working with Zeffert and Gold was. We worked with Matt and he was not only an amazing asset to have with regards to help in planning the menu, but he was the only person that kept me calm in the weeks and days... Read More leading up to the event, and the single person who is responsible for making the event go better than I could have ever imagined. Matt's staff were so accommodating and I never felt like I had to ask for anything because it was like they were trained to read my mind. The food was amazing. I do not think I have ever had a better meal. I have had at least 8 friends who are planning weddings call us to get our caterers information. The crazy thing is two of these friends weren't even at the wedding but heard from others how great the food was! Matt brought us food throughout the event, and even packed up a to go basket for that night (which was a life saver). Picking Zeffert and Gold and Matt was the best choice we have ever made. Our day was spectacular and it would not have been this good or exceeded our expectations if we did not choose Zeffert and Gold!

Better than I could have dreamed of!

Reviewed on 9/14/2013

When I came to Zeffert and Gold I was thinking that I would get laughed at because of my budget. They not only helped me plan an amazing event, that included a ton of DIY details, but they worked to stay UNDER my budget. I still cant believe what they were able to do with the... Read More amount of money I had to spend. They really do have all inclusive pricing. At first I thought it was too good to be true, but they really do not add anything to that per person pricing. Amazing! Not to mention that they were amazing at helping me set up all of the cute little "pinterest" wedding details that I made and brought and expected to have to set up myself. Truly the best wedding vendor that I worked with by far!

Delicious!

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 Courtney S

Zeffert and Gold did an amazing job catering my wedding. From the moment we booked them, there was constant communication about the upcoming event and details. They were so flexible in choosing the menu, even using my mom's crabcake recipe! Every single item was delicious and... Read More the presentation of all the food was beautiful. I would absolutely, 100% recommend Zeffert and Gold for any event.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Becca G

I can't say enough great things about Zeffert & Gold, and particularly Jess and her workers who staffed our wedding. Planning my wedding Jess felt like planning with a friend- not a business transaction. It was an absolute pleasure, every step of the way. She made it easy, and... Read More in the days and hours leading up to our wedding, she gave me the ability to relax, knowing that all of the little details that I'd planned were in good hands. Come the wedding day, she was just as amazing. And that praise extends to her staff, too- all of whom we truly enjoyed, not only for their great service, but their wonderful personalities. We loved talking to them all- and our other guests did, too- some of whom mentioned it to us, which really made us feel great. Thank you Jess, and Zeffert & Gold, for making our day exactly what we wanted- and letting us enjoy the planning process. I can't say enough good things.

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Julia G

Zeffert and Gold is PHENOMENAL!!! Seriously, if you are looking for an amazing catering team, look no further! They came highly recommended from our venue (Historic London and Gardens) and they were right! We had the pleasure of working with Matt Gold, and man is he the BEST.... Read More Matt was 24/7 answering any crazy question I came up with. He went well above and beyond from the day we booked them! And on the actual wedding day, Matt made sure we had the best time ever. They set aside special horderves for us since we didn't make it to the cocktail hour and we always had a staff member nearby to get us anything we needed! We had the buffet and the food was GREAT!! The guests loved it and the Zeffert and Gold staff made sure everything was seamless. Booking Zeffert and Gold was seriously one of the best decisions we made. They will make sure you have everything you need and will make your day just PERFECT!! Book them!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Emily S

I'm not sure where to begin... Zeffert & Gold did an incredible job - from our first consultation to packing up a box of goodies for us to enjoy back at the hotel on our wedding night! I couldn't recommend them more. Special shout out to Matt Gold for having a wonderful attitude... Read More and his incredible responsiveness. We worked alongside Matt for a year planning our wedding and I'm sure we asked many of the same questions 2x over, but nonetheless Matt was happy to explain the process and answer our questions with a smile on his face. It was truly Matt's guidance that helped to make our wedding go smoothly. He knew our venue (The Cloister's) like the back of his hand and he was able to make recommendations regarding other aspects (not just catering) which helped utilize all the spaces in the best way possible! Our day of POC was also wonderful - when our timeline was delayed she was there to ask questions and make sure the rest of the night went off without a hitch. As if their incredible service was not enough, the food was amazing! So many guests commented on how delicious everything was and the variety of options. I can't speak more highly of Z&G - thanks for making our wedding so special!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Kaity S

Zeffert and Gold is THE BEST! Jess went above and beyond to make our day perfect- making sure we always had a drink in hand, ate plenty of food and did not have a thing to worry about. She even was giving my bridesmaids bottles of champagne through the window while we waited... Read More for the ceremony to start! Everyone raved about how good the food was and there was plenty for everyone to enjoy. I would hire Z&G again in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 10/01/2017 Elise A

If you want your expectations to be exceeded stop your search now and book Zeffert & Gold Catering!!! I cannot say enough good things about Zeffert & Gold working with them was a dream and the food was out of this world (my guests are still raving about the food)! I worked with... Read More Matt and he made the entire process easy and stress free, never once was I worried about things not going as planned (and let me add, I can be difficult to please and tend to worry a lot). From the moment guests arrived for the ceremony they were greeted by pleasant staff with a beverage and you couldn’t go far during the cocktail hour without being offered a delicious appetizer, glass of champagne or an orange crush, the stationary appetizers were arranged beautifully and so tasty! We had action stations paired with cocktails and WOW were they a show stopper!! Each station had a chef who not only entertained the guest as they prepared each entree, but worked efficiently so there was never a line. Matt made sure everything was on time and ran smoothly. The staff was absolutely amazing, there was never a dirty plate left on a table for more than a minute, the cocktails were always flowing there was no request the bar tenders couldn’t fulfil, and Laureen was a dream she made sure me, my husband, and my parents always had a drink and something to eat- which was unbelievably helpful – had it not been for her I probably wouldn’t have eaten! Matt was always very responsive even when I made changes and additions just a few days before the wedding! No matter what your budget is they will work with you to make your dreams come true!! Book Zeffert & Gold, I promise it will be one of the best decisions you make!!!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 abigail b

Best food. Best customer service. Best presentation! They made our wedding so special. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Mary S

My daughter was just married and we used Zeffert and Gold. The set up was smooth. The staff was beyond great. My husband was hanging around during set up while I was with the bridesmaids and he was hot in his suit. Without being asked, the staff brought him napkins, ice... Read More water, a fan. Unbelievable service. The food was flawlessly and effortlessly presented and was perfectly done. The passed appetizers were hot and delicious. During the reception the staff was wonderful. They advised me when a guest needed special attention and did a very efficient and discreet crowd control. At the end when I was completely absorbed in saying goodbye, they packed up for us the extra things that we had brought. Above and beyond. Better than anyone I have used in my 35 plus years in the area

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Jeremy B

Zeffert and Gold helped make our wedding so memorable. The food, of course, was delicious, and it was their staff who made sure we would have a chance to actually eat some of it (making sure we had a platter of appetizers during the time apart before the reception, providing a... Read More glass of water, and waiting while I drank it between photos, or serving us at the sweetheart table rather than have us wait in line at the buffet). They also made sure my wheat-allergy vegetarian sister and other family members with various allergies had a meal they could eat. It was all the small touches that really made a difference. Also, they packed up the leftovers for us and we were very thankful to also have them, as we were then able to feed family and friends who remained at the hotel the night following the wedding.

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Hanna Z

Absolutely AMAZING!!!!!! Zeffert & Gold was perfect in every way possible for the catering of my wedding. KC was my coordinator and was fantastic. The food was delicious, the service was phenomenal, and for everything else that they do for you, their pricing per person is... Read More excellent. There pricing is very transparent - no hidden fees or upcharges. They were accommodating to all requests and made my wedding a huge success. I will recommend Z&G to anyone I know looking for a caterer. Thank you SO much, KC & crew <3

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Lauren S

Can we throw another wedding to eat Z&G's food again?? This team far exceeded our expectations of what a wedding caterer would be like - from the personal service for myself and my husband throughout the night, to the wrapped meals for the two of us at the end of the night... Read More (genius!) to the beautifully laid out buffet (not your average chaffing dish set up!) - we were blown away by the service!

Reviewed on 7/10/2017 Jamie M

Zeffert and Gold was great -- Their staff is incredibly helpful and they will work with any unique food requests that you wish! We wanted to have soft pretzels with different dipping sauces at our cocktail hour (in addition to other options) and they pulled it off perfectly!... Read More The food was great as well as the open bar. Vegetarian and kids meals were no problem and they had an amazing tasting for us to help make our decision on what to serve! They also set up all of my decor at the wedding and did an amazing job -- everything looked beautiful. So easy to work with and passionate about making your day everything that you would imagine! Iris and her team were amazing and I will definitely be working with them again in the future!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Ally T

If you do not choose Zeffert and Gold for your event you are making a wrong decision! From the first e-mail to Matt requesting an appointment to the time he said goodbye the night of our wedding he was with us the entire step of the way. After we met with Matt the first time we... Read More knew right away that he was the caterer for us. His food at the wedding tasted exactly like the food we tasted months before and was SO DELICIOUS! Matt and his team were so helpful the day of our wedding and made sure that everything ran as smooth as they could. Lorinda took charge of taking care of my husband and I as well as my parents to make sure we always had food to eat and a drink in our hand. We will without a doubt hire Zeffert and Gold again!

Reviewed on 5/31/2017 Greg A

We worked with Iris and she provided excellent customer service from the very first email. She was so easy going, and we genuinely enjoyed working with her. She allowed us to try a good variety of items at our tasting and even let us bring my wife’s parents for free. When we... Read More were at the tasting, we discussed a few items that we had not picked for the tasting and she even let us do a second tasting. We are really glad that we did as we ended up adding the teriyaki glazed salmon to our menu, and had many guests rave about it. One of the other cool features of Z&G is that they are scratch kitchen so they can make pretty much everything. We provided them with a salad recipe that we really liked and they made it to perfection for our reception. We also knew that we didn’t want to do a traditional wedding cake and Iris was very helpful with suggesting alternatives. We ultimately chose their fresh mini donuts (made hot on the spot and highly recommended), and they cut Costco cakes that we brought for no extra charge. Iris was extremely helpful with non-catering wedding decisions as well. She helped us through many iterations of our timeline and provided suggestions for our venue layout and decor. She also provided us with multiple items to help make our centerpieces look nicer. Z&G has a lot of decor available from other weddings so we recommend asking about it if you have something in mind or if you’d like suggestions. Finally, their day of service was excellent. Iris was there to help calm any last second nerves. We really wanted to have a plate of our cocktail hour food in a private room right after our ceremony so that we could relax and just enjoy each other’s company. We also wanted to make sure we were able to eat some of that food because it is so delicious! Z&G had a plate waiting for us just as we had asked. They also made sure that we were served a plate from our buffet and that we were never without a drink if we wanted one. The cherry on top was that they let us take a large amount of leftovers home. Overall, we had a great experience with Z&G. Our guests raved about the food and Iris was a joy to work with throughout the process. We highly recommend them!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Ann D

Where do I even begin? My husband and I were engaged for 18 months and hired Zeffert & Gold very early on. From beginning to end Matt and his team were unbelievably responsive, kind, and accommodating. I don't think that we could have gone wrong with our choices for cocktail... Read More hour and the reception, but Z & G wowed our guests with every single one of the appetizers and served hors d'oeuvres in addition to the lobster roll station, meat carving station, and mashed potato station. We both received so many compliments on the food and drink throughout the night and we were thrilled ourselves, too! As if all of this wasn't enough, I had someone who tended to my needs throughout the night... from bringing me drinks, serving me a taste of everything while holding a napkin under my mouth, reminding my MOH to touch-up my lipstick, and making both my groom and I AMAZING plates of food to ensure that we had dinner ourselves, it was a dream come true. Thank you ALL for making our night so perfect! It was an absolute pleasure having you on our special day!

Reviewed on 5/01/2017 Sarah M

Our family and friends told us over and over again how wonderful the food was at our wedding. We really enjoyed it as well. They made sure as bride and groom we ate!

Reviewed on 1/20/2017 Brandon C

My partner and I got married on 01/07/2017 and Z&G catered our entire event. Z&G didn't just 'caterer' our event... they went above and beyond by helping plan every single aspect of the wedding. We cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Z&G and their... Read More exceptional staff. They were there for every step, making sure that nothing was any more overwhelming then it needed to be. They also made sure that all decisions were handled timely and efficiently... even ones that didn't have to do with catering. If you are looking for a extremely professional company to cater your special event you cannot go wrong with Z&G! All of our guests are STILL raving about the different food stations, and the passed apps (the mini crab cakes and the chicken and waffle sliders were a BIG hit)! We would like to thank Iris, Matt, especially Jess (for putting up with all of the craziness the day of), the whole team at the Z&G for being so fantastic and making our special day so unforgettable by us AND our guests! Work with Z&G, you will not be disappointed. They are extremely flexible and experienced and will make sure that you are totally happy. We will forever be grateful! Brandon & Brad

Reviewed on 11/23/2016 M W

Zeffert and Gold exceeded our expectations! After our initial meeting with Matt, we knew that they were the caterer for us. Matt and his staff did an amazing job, and everything was executed perfectly. Ms. Pat was such a joy at the wedding. She always had food and drinks ready... Read More for us when we needed it. Our guests loved the food, and we are so happy with the stations that we selected. Z&G is a great caterer, and we are so happy that we chose them.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Simone S

I cannot speak highly enough of Monroe Zeffert and Zeffert & Gold. We are so thrilled with how Monroe handled our event at the Baltimore Museum of Industry, a particularly complicated venue as it has no kitchen. Monroe was incredibly helpful and returned phone calls and emails... Read More very promptly throughout the planning process. I had some specific food requests that weren't necessarily on his menu and he accommodated everything. He went above and beyond what we expected of a caterer. All the food was served hot and delicious and we received so many compliments on the food I lost count. All staff was very professional and experienced. My husband and my server, Pat, was so sweet and attentive. She anticipated our needs before we even asked, bringing us water and food throughout the night. I highly recommend choosing Zeffert and Gold, we are so glad we did.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Shannon B

The service, professionalism, attention to detail and value were amazing. We worked with Iris from start to finish, even after our wedding reception was postponed for nine months due to a blizzard. All of the staff at Z&G that we met were amazing and treated us like friends or... Read More family, not just clients. Iris worked with us to fit our budget and then talked with me for hours on the phone when the weather had other plans. When we FINALLY got to have our wedding in October 2016, it was everything I could have hoped for. The food was amazing and service impeccable. All of our guests raved about it.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Kacie S

You MUST hire Zeffert and Gold for your wedding!! I can’t say enough about how great it was working with Matt Gold from Zeffert and Gold. I loved every part about being a bride (ie, I was a lot to deal with). I had ideas about EVERYTHING and emailed Matt multiple times each... Read More week for nearly a year. Not only was he patient and always positive, but he had excellent perspective and experience and could help me think through the logistics of each idea I was considering. Our friends had recommended Matt so highly that we actually booked Z&G before our tasting. When we talked through what we were thinking for our reception, Matt gave us tons of ideas. There are menus on their website, but if you have an idea of what you want, he’ll work with the chef to make it happen. Our post-booking tasting was obviously nothing short of incredible. Both my husband’s parents and mine joined us, and we all enjoyed the different bites so much that it was difficult to land on our menu. As a side note, no other wedding I’ve been to has the kind of selection that Z&G has. With our package, we had four plated appetizers and five passed for cocktail hour as well as three different stations for the main courses. I love variety, and Z&G absolutely delivered. Matt made the planning phase fun and easy. As a reader of this review, you may already know this, but your caterer really pulls together all of the pieces of your wedding. I asked Matt about linens, candles, flowers, timing, cake cutting, table set up…. the list goes on and on. He always delivered. The best was that if he thought my idea wasn’t great for specific reasons, he would be honest with me. However, he would always be willing to pursue the idea if it was important to me. He equipped us with the knowledge from his experience so we could make smart decisions that were still in line with our vision. Now, what you’ve all been waiting for—the food! Guys, it was SO good. I am often disappointed with mass produced food. At most weddings, I may find an appetizer or two that I enjoy, but I am really picky on quality. You cannot go wrong with Z&G. They have so much variety that all of your guests will be pleased, and each dish is done impeccably well. Everything we had at our wedding was as delicious as the day we tasted it at our tasting, proving that their ability to coordinate a large scale event and keep the quality. Some finishing touches from Matt and Z&G: Immediately after our ceremony Matt was waiting to hand each of us our signature drink. After pictures, Matt and his staff made sure that my husband and I had multiple of each appetizer to try. All night, Matt and his staff went out of their way to make sure that the bride, groom, and both sets of parents never waited in line or had to lift a finger. After our first dance, the staff had piled high four plates with a sampling of each of our stations for my husband and I to share. There were honestly rooms at the venue that I didn’t see the night of the wedding because I didn’t need to take care of anything. I’m a crazy control freak; however, I didn’t need to be the night of my wedding because Matt and the Z&G staff took care of every. single. detail. The staff was courteous and well-dressed to match our black tie affair. Post-wedding, we got lots of emails from guests saying how amazing the food was (and that Z&G was not stingy on their alcohol pours!) I am a very tough critic, but you would be making a mistake if you didn’t hire Z&G.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Caroline H

We used the kosher division of Zeffert and Gold, Celebrations, and they were amazing! They staff was incredibly nice and professional and went out of their way to ensure that every single person was taken care of. I cannot say enough good things about Monroe Zeffert, he was... Read More responsive, kind and extremely attentive to detail. This company is top notch and are a huge reason that our wedding day was perfect.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Sarah D

Zeffert & Gold was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a caterer to make the call. I reached out to about 10 catering companies when planning my wedding and Zeffert & Gold was the clear winner to give you the most bang for your... Read More buck. KC was our event planner and her and the staff deserve all 5 stars! Z&G made the process easy from day 1. When planning your own wedding, there are already so many details to worry about so when several other caterers broke pricing down to the # of forks, the # of wine glasses, etc. I found it frustrating and unnecessary. Z&G simply needs to know the estimated number of people to attend and they handle the rest. Pricing includes place settings, glassware, linens, etc. And if there is something you do not need or something you want added, they are extremely flexible to accommodate. Another huge plus was KC's flexibility with scheduling/time. I live in CA and got married in MD so when I was visiting and only had a 24 hour window (or less) to meet, she always managed to find time for me. So obviously everyone wants to know - how was the food/service at the event?! The food was delicious and the staff was extremely pleasant. I am still hearing compliments from our guests about how good everything was. The displays were beautiful and nothing looked "ordinary." For example, to save some money we provided our own cupcakes but Z&G still provided the display trays and set them up tiered with decorations on our dessert table at no extra cost. They also provided cute hand-written chalkboard signs for all of the food so guests knew what they were being served. To sum it up - I couldn't have been happier with Zeffert & Gold - from planning to married :)