Zha Zha Design

Zha Zha is a wedding and lifestyle photographer based in the Bay Area, CA. Her passion in photography and design stems from an eagerness to capture genuine moments of love and cheerfulness. Recognizing that photographs are a way of preserving precious memories she emphasizes images that are natural, candid and timeless. With a background in floral design as well, Zha Zha seeks to create elegant arrangements that are uniquely customized to each occasion and couple. She is excited to be a part of your joyous day!

Artistic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Second Shooter Available

SF Bay Area & Beyond (650) 387-7681

Reviewed on 11/10/2017 Katie C

Zha Zha is amazing! My husband and I are are very happy with how easy going, professional, and talented she is. Our photos turned out wonderfully and she captured some very special moments beautifully. We love our photos and felt that she guided us to choose the package that was... Read More right for us and our wedding. We chose her because she excels at capturing natural beauty around events. She was thoughtful to ask for input from both us (my husband met with and booked her) and was extremely helpful in developing a timeline for the day of events (getting ready, family photos) leading up wedding. She was even able to speak Mandarin with some our older relatives to get them organized for photos, which was such a meaningful touch :) I would highly recommend Zha Zha for a Bay Area wedding!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Barbara T

I am so thankful to The Knot for allowing me to find Zha Zha! She is so friendly, professional, punctual (actually always early), and talented! We LOVE our wedding photos and what she did with the lighting! She also helped me out by recommending a few makeup/hair artists, since... Read More I didn't know who to go with. And since she included a flower bouquet and boutonnière in the package, she saved me the trouble of finding a florist, too! So with all that, she really minimized any stress I might have had with the logistics of getting married. I highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 1/27/2017 Jeannie H

Zha Zha is honestly the go to person for all things wedding. She just has a natural gift for photography and design. Having Zha Zha become a part of our life through her art has been so special for my family. We originally booked with Zha Zha when my husband and I were in the... Read More process of planning our wedding. We knew we wanted engagement photos, but we had no sense of direction or vision for what we wanted. Thankfully, we found Zha Zha because she basically stepped in and helped create a beautiful vision for our wedding day. Throughout our photoshoot, she stepped in to provide us direction and made us feel comfortable. There were times we could not figure out how to pose or what to do, but she was still able to capture the magic in moments that we didn’t even anticipate. For our wedding, Zha Zha provided many suggestions on design and was able to create beautiful flower arrangements that complemented my personal style. She captured emotions as well as moments through her photography and was involved in so many design aspects of our wedding. She never hesitated to jump in at any moment of panic. Her passion and kindness has truly resonated with my family. She has been our go to photographer for every milestone from our engagement and now to moments with our first born. She has consistently provided us with breathtaking photos throughout the years and we cannot recommend her enough. Zha Zha is truly a visionary with the kindest heart. We continue to recommend her to all our friends and family who feel as equally delighted with Zha Zha’s work as we always are.

Reviewed on 1/10/2018 KIE H

If you're looking for an incredible photographer look no further, Zha Zha is your best bet! Initially, we weren't going to do the whole "engagement shoot" thing, but after seeing Zha Zha's work we knew she would capture us without making it seem too forced. We wanted a... Read More different type of engagement photo that still captured the unique side of San Francisco and our personalities. After talking with Zha Zha about our vision, we set a date to adventure to the back side of the Marin Headlands together. The engagement photos came out BEAUTIFULLY. I was in awe. Photos we will definitely cherish forever. After the engagement shoot, we knew we needed Zha Zha to document our wedding. She captured everything from the small details to unique moments that we missed by being caught up in the day. Her eye for design is impeccable, she went above and beyond to document our wedding and when our sweetheart cake needed a little extra pop, she took the initiative to add a few pieces of foliage to it to make it even more photogenic. She not only impressed us on our wedding day but also our family and friends who were amazed by the vibrancy, light and love that emulate through her photos. Zha Zha was so easy to work with, made us feel comfortable and guided us into flattering photos without making us seem unnaturally directed. Everything about working with her surpassed our expectations and I have no doubt I will contact Zha Zha to document future life milestones. Not only do we feel like we received incredible photos of one of the best moments of our life, but we also feel like we gained a great friend. THANK YOU ZHA ZHA!!!!

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Myisha M

I wish I could do 6 stars! I was on the hunt for a photographer my wedding this past fall when I came across Zha Zha. I could tell she had an excellent eye for composition and lighting. Once I met her I knew she was going to be super fun to work with too! She literally captured... Read More my dream wedding to perfection! Before the wedding, we did an engagement session and she made me feel so comfortable with my poses. On the wedding day, she calmly adapted to our changing needs. She really does care and listens to what you want. I could continue, but I think once you start to talk to Zha Zha you will understand exactly what I'm saying! 100% recommended!

Reviewed on 12/06/2017 Sherry L

My fiancé and I planned a San Francisco City Hall elopement in the span of three weeks, and booking Zha Zha was the best decision we made. Zha Zha is a one-stop-wedding-shop, and served as a mini-wedding planner, photographer, florist, and chauffeur for us. Zha Zha was... Read More extremely organized and responsive, and really made all of my wishes come true. As a crazy dog lady, I wanted to take wedding photos with my shiba inu Kokoro, and Zha Zha was extremely knowledgeable and accommodating in finding us places to take wedding pictures with our pup (palace of fine arts and golden gate bridge!), driving us to those places (hard to uber with a dog!), and went above and beyond to make my day stress-free and wonderful. Zha Zha was a great sport when we had 10+ friends spontaneously show up at City Hall to surprise us with champagne and dumplings. She included our amazing wedding crashers in our photos, and even had some dumplings with us to celebrate. Zha Zha also impressed my Chinese-speaking mother with her mandarin language skills, and was extremely gentle and talented in working with our adorable but aloof dog. Zha Zha also made the most beautiful bouquet, boutonnière, and centerpiece of roses and peonies. All I did was send her two photos of the flower colors that I liked, and she made the magic happen. Zha Zha was a pleasure to work with. She said that her father was a wedding photographer; it really seems like she’s been in this industry her entire life. I highly recommend her and will certainly be booking her again for future special occasions.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 Cynthia T

Zha Zha was our engagement and wedding photographer! She was so flexible about meeting with us and really made the whole process easy! You are definitely in good hands with her attention to detail, experience, and talent! We would highly recommend Zha Zha as a wedding... Read More photographer. She works hard and truly captures every moment of the wedding. My husband and I love our wedding pictures. We couldn't have picked a better photographer!

Reviewed on 10/07/2017 Dylan H

Zha Zha photographed and did the flower arrangements for my wedding in August and I and all my guests were blown away at how beautiful everything turned out. She was thorough and attentive without being invasive, the posed shots came out natural and she was an absolute joy to... Read More work with. I can not recommend her enough. The bouquets were perfect with the weddings decoration and the trellis main piece was incredible. She did a great job incorporating our colors so tastefully. I could not be happier with anything she had a hand in.

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Jody R

Zha Zha made of wedding exceptional. From the incredible flower arrangements to her beautiful photos we couldn't be happier with our choice in having her as our florist and photographer. We also had her do our engagement photos. My husband and I are not very comfortable in the... Read More spotlight and having photos taken. She made us feel relaxed and worry-free. We highly recommend her!

Reviewed on 4/03/2017 Amy M

Zha Zha is so talented and was a pleasure to work with through the planning process and the day of! Zha not only was our photographer but also made all our flower arrangements which were stunning! She worked with us to customize the photography package and helped us stay within... Read More budget on the flowers. The day could not have gone any better and I love reliving the day through her photographs.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Ashley C

I can't tell you enough great things about Zha Zha...she is simply the BEST! Zha Zha captured both my engagement photos and wedding photos and we couldn't be happier with how they turned out. Zha Zha made us feel incredibly comfortable and confident during the experience. She... Read More has an amazing eye for beautiful and creative shots, and we couldn't imagine anyone else having taken our wedding photos. Zha Zha will be our photographer for life! Thank you Zha Zha!!!

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Thomas C

I am really happy that wife and I found Zha Zha Design! Since finding her she has been able to shoot our engagement photos for us, work the floral and decorations for our wedding and shoot many of our child’s milestones. Our whole adult life has been captured wonderfully by... Read More her. Upon our first interview with her we mentioned that we were not the best at posing and smiling on command. Zha Zha took that information and when it came time for our shoot, she really put us at ease and provided easy direction for us to follow. We still get compliments on our save the date photos and have a couple of shots from that session hanging in our house. The style of photography is what mainly drew us to her and her personality and professionalism keeps us coming back to her. Zha Zha is extremely thorough and hardworking as well. She wasn’t able to shoot our wedding since she had another wedding but she did ALL of our floral. Some of our friends are now wanting the same set up for their weddings as well. In fact, I really think she took our wedding cake to the next level with her choice of flowers. She had set aside flowers for our cake with detailed instructions on placement and it made our 5 tier cake truly look extravagant. She really topped everything off by creating signage for all of our booths that we had set up. Since the wedding, we have kept in touch pretty well and call Zha Zha over to get a couple of shots of our newborn. These photos came out great and are priceless to us. We’ve also had her shoot photos of our son for his one year old birthday invitations! If that isn’t a testament to the patience and hard work she puts in I don’t know what is. Thanks Zha Zha Design!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Camery V

My best friend booked Zha Zha as a florist and photographer for her wedding. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. I briefly saw my best friend's engagement photos and I like the modern touch she adds to the pictures. I am not artsy and do not have an eye for photography... Read More =P. Thankfully, we have Zha Zha to capture those beautiful moments at the wedding with a different perspective. She was helpful on how to pose, and how to get the lighting just right. She was constantly bombarded with a million tasks from us, but never complained and was always there when we needed her. I don't know how she does it, but she is amazing! Extremely talented and very easy to work with. Thank you Zha Zha!

Reviewed on 1/26/2017 Kenny Y

Zha Zha truly made a difference in our entire wedding experience. She's accommodating, understanding, and more importantly - she's a "jack of all trades". We initially hired her as a photographer, but she went above and beyond and assisted us with flowers, decor, and... Read More planning! Her photos were amazing, and we're so glad we chose her; we now have amazing memories for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 1/24/2017 Ivy R

My husband and I had the pleasure of having our engagement photos taken in Los Angeles by Zha Zha . Her pictures are beautiful and she expertly catches the best light. She was so accommodating to go to several locations (even in LA traffic). Zha Zha has also taken photos for... Read More several other family and friend events throughout the 15 years I have known her. Everyone I know has been incredibly happy with her photos and requests her multiple times. Our engagement photos are such a lovely reminder of that special time and I could not be more happy that Zha Zha captured the moments. It is always my honor to recommend Zha Zha to anyone and everyone.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Kelvin N

Zha Zha, the photos that you took of Kelly and I for our wedding day are simply STUNNING. You posed us like a PRO and I'm absolutely mind-blown by the quality of the stills you took of us throughout the entire day. Many of our family and friends saw your our photos from you and... Read More were blown away. Thank you for your creativity and intuition. Thank you thank you!

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Amy Q

If you’re looking for someone to help capture your special day (and make it extra special), look no further — Zha Zha is the absolute best for all things wedding. She took our engagement photos, designed the signs for our wedding, and made the floral arrangements (and took more... Read More photos!) for our Chinese banquet. Zha Zha is a very patient and thoughtful photographer and designer. My hubby and I had no idea what to wear for or where to take our engagement photos, but Zha was quick to the rescue with several cute location and outfit suggestions. We decided to take our pictures at two locations — outside of our favorite local ice cream shop and at a nearby park. On the day of, she arrived right on time with all her equipment at the ready. We asked if we could include our dog in our shoot and not only was she super excited, she also helped put all 3 of us awkward folks feel at ease. The hubby and I had no idea how to pose naturally, and Zha was, again, prepared with lots of ideas of how to make us look cute without looking like we were trying to look cute. :) She also helped wrangle our pup when she got distracted by passersby and ice cream cones. For our big day in Hawaii, Zha was a great resource for us throughout the planning process. She gave us lots of suggestions and feedback on color palettes and gave us lots ideas for decor. Not that I don’t trust my own judgment, but during this high stress time, it was really nice having someone with good taste confirm that my color and decor choices were good ones and that I didn’t need to second guess myself. :) Zha designed our welcome, seating chart, hashtag, guest book, and signature drink signs to perfectly match our color scheme. She gave us high quality images way ahead of schedule which we were able to print out with ease. For our Chinese banquet, Zha went above and beyond once again! She sweetly greeted our guests as they arrived and made sure that we got photos with everyone (we’d have been in big trouble with the family if we didn’t!). Since this reception was small, Zha also graciously agreed to help us prepare small floral arrangements for each table and boutonnieres for guests of honor. We did’t have a schedule of events prepared for her, but she nonetheless was right where she needed to be to catch not only the big things, but all the little moments. We had a super fun time working with Zha and are so grateful for our photos and all the design work she did for us. She helped us capture this special time in our lives exactly as we want to remember it. They’re truly memories that will last a lifetime.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Kim N

Zha Zha is a one stop wedding shop. She's a talented photographer, florist, AND designer. She probably has even more talented services but those were the 3 that she helped with me with for my wedding. I only had 3 months to plan my wedding, but I wanted to go all out and send... Read More Save the Dates as well as have a DIY wedding. During the short turnaround time, Zha Zha immediately scheduled me in for an engagement shoot and took the most amazing photos. She first met with me to assess my likes and dislikes, then scouted some areas and made recommendations accordingly. We had our photos taken at 3 different sites and had 2 outfit changes. Zha Zha was very patient and my husband and I never felt rushed during our photo shoot. We're also very camera shy, but Zha Zha made the session fun so it felt natural posing for her. We love her lifestyle styled photography as well as her use of natural lighting. It made our photos look professionally shot without the heavy contrast. Throughout the wedding planning, Zha Zha helped be brainstorm ideas on how to pull of a rustic yet classic wedding. She sent me suggestions via Pinterest and helped me find ideas and inspiration. As a result, I ended up asking her to help design several signs for stations I had planned for my wedding (i.e. the photo booth logo, the guest sign-in sign, as well as the his/hers cocktail signs). She turned those around quickly and they were exactly as I imagined. As for flowers, Zha Zha will work with you to find the best discount possible. I also had to work with a strict budget for my centerpieces, but I was very particular about how I wanted it to look as well. I wanted gold vases and off-season flowers - a very hard combination to find during the winter off-peak season. Zha Zha was very understanding about my limitations and helped scour local and online vendors for the best price possible. As a result, I got exactly what I wanted and it was below my budget.

Reviewed on 1/13/2017 Kelly C

My husband and I are so glad and thankful that we had Zha Zha as our wedding photographer. Zha Zha's photos turn out to be *super stunning*. Everyone is totally impressed by her works. She is very patient, thoughtful and has a great sense of beauty. She spent time to discuss... Read More with me to understand the style and feel that I liked. On the day of, she arrived early. She was very good at relaxing us in front of camera (my husband and I are both very camera shy and we often look weird in pictures). The pictures that Zha Zha captured are so full of emotions. We are so glad that we had Zha Zha to capture these important moments for us. It was a very easy experience working with Zha Zha. She sent us a few pictures for preview the day after, and we received all the pictures only a month after the event. *Zha zha also made me a bridal bouquet (a very romantic one!) and boutonnieres for my husband and family. We also love that Zha Zha is very passionate about her work. She treats us more like friends than clients. We will definitely use Zha Zha again in the future for family photos and for other special events!