Zukas Hilltop Barn

Spencer, MA

Book Your Wedding with Zukas Hilltop Barn

A BALLROOM IN SPENCER, MA

Tented patio. The patio is covered with a 40-foot-by-100-foot tension tent with a capacity of 250 guests for outdoor receptions in the shade. The tent is lit with beautiful white mini lights on the ceiling and includes a dance floor with a beautifully contrasting black-and-white pattern. With cut-out windows, guests can admire the stunning landscape while they dine and dance.

Banquet room. The banquet room provides room for up to 150 reception guests and is perfect for winter and early spring weddings. The banquet room offers an oak bar and red maple floors for a warm and charming ambiance, while the double-sided fieldstone fireplace in the center of the room keeps the guests warm and adds to the sophisticated appeal of the room.

Gazebo. Offering breathtaking views of the gardens and hilly landscape, the outdoor gazebo is a picturesque place for a wedding ceremony.

Since the Zukas Hilltop Barn is chef owned and operated, to-be-weds can expect delectable dishes prepared by a chef who is eager to please. All catering is provided by the venue, with a variety of menu options to choose from. The dishes are made with only fresh ingredients—some of them grown right on the grounds.

A wedding coordinator is provided to help the couple plan the occasion and is available during the day of the event. Bartender service is included with rentals to keep the guests hydrated and happy. The Zukas Hilltop Barn offers wine service, open bar and cash bar options.

A minimum of 75 guests is required to book a wedding at the Zukas Hilltop Barn. The outdoor tent is outfitted with black padded chiavari chairs, and the banquet room has solid oak chairs. Decorative chair treatments, centerpieces and other decorations are available for rental.

Aside from the luxuriant landscape, there are a number of extra perks that make a wedding at Zukas Hilltop Barn even more memorable. Some of the special features that make the venue more comfortable and elegant are:

• Rental of the outdoor tent includes side covers and heating to keep guests warm in chilly weather
  • Bridal suite is available for rent for the bridal party to prepare in before the event and the bride and groom to spend the wedding night in
  • The venue only hosts one event per day, ensuring premium service for couples on the day of the event
  • On-site spa offers hair, makeup, nails services and more for the bride, bridal party and attendants for an additional fee
  • Environmentally conscious venue conserves, reduces, reuses and recycles

Zukas Hilltop Barn

Zukas Hilltop Barn is Chef owned and operated, we can assist you with every detail in planning your wedding. We offer personalized service. Experienced Professional Staff. On-site Day Spa. And, we book just one event per day to ensure your wedding dreams come true!

Ballroom, Barn, Tented

89 Smithville Road, Spencer, MA (508) 885-5320

Rustic Indoor Wedding

Reviewed on 4/29/2014 Caitlyn C

After living in Spencer for 3 years, there was no other place I wanted to have my reception than Zukas! I knew from photos that it was BEAUTIFUL, but it well exceeded our expectations with price, food, service, and communication! Alison was FABULOUS! She made herself available... Read More and answered any questions we had immediately! (sometimes I wondered if she ever slept!) I had many DIY centerpieces and decor and she set them up even better than I envisioned. Our guests raved about the food, and it was really awesome to have a vegan/gluten free options on the menu. Zukas is most known for it's outdoor tent receptions, but the indoor venue is an absolute gem, and I highly recommend an off season wedding at Zukas for anyone on a tight budget!

Wonderful Venue

Reviewed on 4/19/2014 Jennifer

What a wonderful experience! Alyson was extremely helpful, and quickly answered the many questions we had. Everything was set up beautifully and the food was wonderful! Many of our guests commented on our choice of venue and it's beauty. Some of my bridesmaid and I spent the... Read More night before in the bridal suite. It made prepping for the big day very easy. Thank you so much for everything.

Would recommend over and over again!

Reviewed on 3/24/2014 Cassandra P

I cannot say enough about Zukas Hilltop Barn and about Alyson Russo, the Zukas events coordinator! We visited many venues and chose Zukas not only for its obvious beauty, but also because we immediately felt at ease with Alyson's professionalism, friendliness, and her... Read More willingness to work with us. She was remarkable, from start to finish - promptly responding to all of my emails, and addressing any concerns and questions I had throughout the planning process quickly and accurately. Zukas requests that you drop off all of your decorations, favors, etc. a few days before the wedding date, and then they set it up for you. I was a bit weary about this because we had some complicated centerpieces that I even struggled with arranging when I was trying it out at home. However, when I arrived on the day of our wedding, the place looked even more beautiful than I had imagined it! When we were taking pictures outside (in the freezing cold - we got married on December 7th), Alyson made sure to quickly bring us some of the hors d'oeuvres (especially the hot ones!) and also brought us some hot cider and more hors d'oeuvres to help us thaw out while we were in the bridal suite after the pictures. She was incredibly attentive and detail-oriented, and fun and easy to work with (which is a combination that you don't always see in the wedding world). We got so many compliments on our gorgeous venue, and people are still talking about how good the food was (our food choices were the stuffed chicken breast, filet mignon, or butternut squash ravioli) and how professional and courteous the staff was. If I had to plan my wedding 100 times over again (not that I would ever want to!), I would choose Zukas every time!

Reviewed on 6/16/2017 Stephanie R

Alyson and the team at Zukas are absolutely amazing! She was extremely helpful from the krill planning stages up to our wedding day! The venue is beautiful, the food is amazing, and the staff are incredible! We went through all of Zukas' preferred vendors and were not... Read More disappointed!! We had a blast, absolutely recommend Zukas for your wedding!!!

Reviewed on 6/11/2017 Nicole L

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception at Zukas Hilltop Barn back in May. I truly cannot say enough good things about this venue and their staff/service. Alyson, the onsite wedding coordinator, was incredible throughout the entire process and was always very responsive... Read More whenever I had any questions. She also made sure everything ran smoothly on the big day. We had our ceremony outside in front of the gazebo and our reception was inside the tent - everything was perfect and beautiful. We chose the Mahogany package for our wedding and I would highly recommend it. I would say it's definitely the best value for what you're getting. It came with an ice sculpture, which was such a nice touch. For dessert, with the cake, they had a chocolate fondue fountain with an expansive display of fruits and other things to dip in the chocolate. They go above and beyond and it really does show. The grounds are stunning and there are so many beautiful places to take photos. Also, the bridal suite is a great place to get ready with your girls its a good size and would be a nice place to spend your first night as Mr. and Mrs. I highly recommend Zukas as a wedding venue - I wish I could relive my wedding day over and over, it was truly the best day of my life!

Reviewed on 12/31/2016 Denise G

Our wedding experience at the Zukas Hilltop Barn was absolutely perfect. We were sold from our first visit; the breathtaking private grounds, exceptional menu, and the wedding coordinator Alyson Russo. Alyson was so wonderful to work with- she was prompt to respond to any and... Read More all questions no matter how small and was beyond attentive on our wedding day. We also utilized the bridal suite and spa for hair and make-up which was so convenient. Kristin and the rest of the girls were great to work with, accommodating our large group. My make-up and hair looked great, as did our Mom’s and bridesmaids. On our wedding day the venue and grounds were immaculate. We had our ceremony outside on the grounds to make the most of the beautiful scene. We also used their tent, which is very large, comfortable, heated and gorgeous Alyson and the staff took great care in setting up the decorations I had brought a few days prior at our rehearsal. During our photos, before and after the ceremony, Alyson was right there checking-in on us and keeping us on track. She even jumped in and helped out at our photo booth! All of the food was incredible! My husband and I were so excited that the staff had kindly placed our meals and wedding cake in to-go’s when greeting our guests took longer than expected. They have an exceptional service staff. It’s hard to highlight all of the things we loved about Zukas, but hearing from our guests that it was the best wedding ever further highlighted that we made an amazing choice. If you’re considering them, go see the property and speak with Alyson. Use their preferred vendors too!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Danielle D

I still am having a hard time explaining just how great my whole wedding experience was because of Zukas. The night was simply perfect. The entire staff is kind and happy to be part of your day. The food is amazing. And you can't beat the overall beauty inside and out of the... Read More venue itself. Alyson is wonderful and makes you feel calm throughout all the planning steps. I would recommend Zukas time and time again!

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Stephanie K

Zukas is absolutely beautiful, and in spring/summer the entire venue is blossoming in flowers and greenery, adding additional beauty to your big day. But most importantly, the staff is fantastic throughout the entire process. The coordinator, Alyson, was incredibly helpful to us... Read More and gave a lot of direction, which was great because we planned the whole thing ourselves and used a friend as our JOP instead of someone with experience. I didn't have to worry about a single thing the whole night, and everything went off without a hitch, which I attribute to Alyson's work as the coordinator. The service staff was also very friendly and seemed genuinely happy to be there, which makes a big difference in terms of guest experience.

Reviewed on 9/12/2016 Samantha P

From the time we booked the date to the time we checked out of the bridal suite the morning after the wedding was absolute perfection. I don't say that lightly either since I am not easily impressed. Alyson is amazing and her calm, cool and professional manner make everything... Read More run smoothly. Our day was absolutely perfect, the food was out of this world. Pasta was al'dente, veggies so fresh and crisp! The grounds were immaculate and service was impeccable. When you read all these reviews of people raving about Zukas - they are entirely true and from the heart. I wish every bride and groom could be so lucky to get married here. Thank you Zukas for making our day absolutely everything we wanted and more. xoxo Sam and Kyle Perreault

Reviewed on 9/02/2016 Kristen S

My husband and I recently got married at Zukas Hilltop Barn. We honestly could not have chosen a better venue to celebrate our fairytale day. From beginning to end, everything was perfect. Leading up to the wedding, Alyson was extremely prompt with answering any e-mails we sent... Read More to her and was always able to answer any questions we had. She was very flexible if my husband or I wanted to make any changes to decisions we made. The day of the wedding, my bridesmaids and I got ready at the Spa in the same building as the Bridal Suite (which is located right at the venue!). It was a wonderful experience and all of my bridesmaids and I were very happy with our hair and make-up. Kristen was very flexible and had to deal with many different lengths and styles of hair and everyone's hair looked beautiful! Jen wanted to please and would make any changes needed throughout the make-up process. She was tremendous! Also, as the bride, it was so calming to be at the venue getting ready, verse a hotel. It was stress free! Alyson did a wonderful job keeping all of us on schedule (we had a very large bridal party!). She made sure everyone was where they needed to be throughout the day. My husband and I did a "first look" and Alyson kept coming out to check if we needed anything, from food to drinks! Also, while I was waiting for the ceremony to begin, she brought a cheese and cracker spread and water for the bridesmaids and I to snack on. The rest of the night went perfectly! Everyone enjoyed the food (prime rib and stuffed sole). People cannot stop talking about how beautiful the venue is and how perfect our day was! I would highly recommend Zukas!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2016

We loved having our wedding at Zukas Hilltop Barn and would highly recommend this as a venue. From the beginning, Allyson was amazing to work with. She was super fast in answering all of my questions through email. As a venue, Zukas was absolutely beautiful, providing us the... Read More perfect blend of elegance and class without feeling stuffy like estate venues or like a boxy hotel ballroom. The view from the hilltop is phenomenal and provided an amazing backdrop. This venue provided the best option in case of rain, of all the venues I considered, though we didn’t use it. We appreciated the Bridal Suite, using it as a great place the hang out after the party with our out-of-town guests and to collapse in exhaustion after a great day! We also used the Zukas Salon for hair and make-up and would recommend those services as well. It was so relaxing and convenient to get ready on site and have everything we needed right there. Kristin was great to work with in scheduling the trial appointment and providing advice on hair accessories. They were so accommodating to work with our early start time (6:30am!) As a catering service, Zukas Hilltop Barn was outstanding. The food was affordable and was absolutely delicious. The wait-staff was incredibly efficient and served our guests quickly. They also provided the best ice cream bar for our June wedding, with tons of do it yourself toppings. Everyone loved it! The bar had incredible drinks, which our guests were raving about. As a package, everything about Zukas was efficient and well-done. I felt so at ease, knowing that any little detail I had forgotten would be smoothed over by Alyson. I chose a non-vegan vegetarian dish, but they made a vegan dish for my guest without my needing to ask. They put out their own crystal bowl to hold favor bags. Everything was so stream-lined and they were so accommodating. We chose to work with many of the preferred vendors and I knew that each vendor knew Zukas so well that I didn’t have to worry about cross-communicating between them because they knew each other so well! Our guests repeatable came up to us, and still do months later, telling us it was the BEST wedding they had ever been to. It would not have been possible without the amazing team at Zukas Hilltop Barn. Thank you Allyson and Lynn and everyone for such a wonderful, fabulous day. It could not have been more perfect.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Elyse

My husband and I were married at Zukas on 6/17/16. Zukas is truly an incredible venue with the amazing grounds, awesome views, and delicious food. We had so many compliments on the beautiful tent, the food, and the cake! Alyson was so helpful in organizing our day and was alway... Read More so prompt with her responses to my questions. We are so happy we chose Zukas for our day, we wouldn't have changed a thing!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Jennifer C

I cannot say enough good things about Zukas Hilltop Barn. We had our wedding here in April and couldn’t have picked a more perfect venue. We actually almost missed out on this venue thinking it was more expensive than it actually was, but thanks to a friend, we went back and... Read More looked at it again and to our surprise, it was well within budget. It is almost shocking how affordable Zukas is for the quality of everything you get. They don’t try to sneak in any extra fees and are up front with you on the cost of everything. For everything you get, they are very affordable. Alyson is the wedding coordinator there and she was so easy to work with. I actually don’t even know if she ever slept, because no matter when you sent her an email, she almost always responded back within 5 minutes. We never had to worry about anything because Alyson was always there with an answer to everything. She was incredibly attentive and helpful and was always so welcoming! Two days before our wedding, we met with Alyson to bring her our wedding decorations and explain to her our vision and the day of the wedding she delivered. Everything we had brought in was set up exactly how we had imagined it. We rented out the bridal suite and she stopped over a few times throughout the day to make sure we had everything we needed and to bring over refreshments. She remained there throughout the remainder of the day until our ceremony was over and photos began. Their grounds are immaculate and we couldn’t have asked for a more perfect backdrop for our photos! She was so attentive to everyone’s needs and we cannot thank her enough! A lot of brides and grooms do not get a chance to eat during their reception, but we made it a point to be able to sit down and eat and we are happy we did. The food was probably one of the best meals we ever had. We had three meal options (chicken, prime rib, and butternut squash ravioli) and we still have friends and family telling us how great the food was…. not to mention the cake! The cake was unbelievably tasty and we are happy we went with Zukas to make the cake! The reception staff were also great – everyone that works at Zukas was friendly and attentive and thanks to all of them, we were able to relax and actually enjoy our wedding! I wish we could relive our wedding at Zukas a hundred times over – we highly recommend them!

The Perfect Venue

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Matt F

This venue was fantastic. The grounds are picturesque, the tent is beautiful, the waitstaff are friendly and attentive, and the food is great. Alyson, the events coordinator at the venue, was incredible. She was professional, strait forward and prompt with answering all phone... Read More calls and emails (the same day). I don't know how she gives that much attention to all couples during wedding season! We had the greatest time. Many of our guests have told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to.

Reviewed on 11/17/2015 Melissa C

My wife and I are still recovering from all of the fun we had at our wedding at Zukas Hilltop Barn last weekend! Not only did we think that Zukas was without a doubt the most perfect (and picturesque!) venue for our wedding, the staff from start to finish was truly what... Read More made our wedding amazing. Our venue coordinator, Alyson Russo, answered every question without delay (of which there were far more than I care to admit!), kept in contact with us from our very first meeting, and I know that she and her staff are a large part of the reason my new wife and I were able to stay stress-free (well, within reason :) ) during our planning process. We even had a moment to steal away from everyone for some pictures by the fire pit. The venue looked absolutely beautiful and we cannot thank Zukas enough for the seemingly effortless set up and break down of our event. The Bridal Suite was gorgeous and so accommodating and I cannot gush enough about the property grounds and the reception space. I also wanted to highlight one of their servers - I have been kicking myself for not getting her name. At every point of the night that I ran into her (which was surprisingly often!), she went out of her way to make sure that we had everything we needed and that most importantly, ensuring that we were taking time to truly enjoy our wedding. She always met me with a smile and seemed just as excited as we were to be there. It is gestures like hers that I know I will still remember 50 years from now. The food from cocktail hour to dinner service to cake was out of this world! All in all, last weekend was hands down the best night of both our lives. Alyson and her team helped us to create a wedding that makes me happy-cry when I think of it, and one that I know none of our guests will soon forget. Zukas - the property, the venue, the staff, and most especially Alyson, are top notch! We will be recommending Zukas Hilltop Barn for years and years to come.

Reviewed on 10/17/2015

We just had our wedding there on Columbus Day and it was absolutely beautiful!! The grounds were incredible for foliage and the tent was incredible!! Everyone complimented on how delicious the food was and how much fun they had! Alyson was amazing and was so kind at meeting our... Read More requests. I cannot say enough about how happy we are with Zukas! And the price was great!

Reviewed on 9/10/2015 Jennifer L

We used Zuka's both for our ceremony site and our reception. The site itself is beautiful, we were married overlooking the hills and in front of the gazebo. The only downside to using the location for your ceremony and reception is that you are limited for total time including... Read More ceremony for 5.5 hours. We did not feel we had enough time for the reception as our ceremony started late and ran over on time. The cocktail hour is held inside an air conditioned room which is great for the summer and has big fireplaces for the winter. The tent was absolutely gorgeous. The staff was very friendly and helpful and put together our candy buffet, and all of our other pieces. The one downside in the evening was the mosquitos, but once the sides of the tent went down, that problem went away quite quickly. Alyson was great and very responsive even to the most stupid question. They have a bridal suite across the parking lot that you can rent for $200 per night, even if you only wanted it for the day of the wedding you still have to pay the $200, but you could stay overnight as well.

Perfect wedding venue!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Miranda G

Zukas Hilltop Barn is the perfect venue for any couple who doesn't want to worry about their special day. You can have complete confidence that your vision will come to life. If it is elegant, rustic, day or night, it will be all you hoped for and more. The staff, the... Read More grounds, and the food were perfect. All the unexpected moments were also taken care of like dealing with the other vendors (band, cake, flowers, etc...) and made your idea of your perfect day your reality. We had a rustic wedding with a pile of decorative items. We dropped them off the night before with a few thoughts of what it could look like. Alyson and her team made it look beautiful. As the bride you can only guess how everything will come together. You may have a vision but you have to put a lot of faith in others to make it happen. Zukas did just that. Thank you!

A Dream Come True!

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Lindsay B

Five stars are not nearly enough to describe how amazing Zukas Hilltop Barn and its entire staff, especially Alyson, are! We had the most incredible experience working with Alyson from day one and wouldn't have traded it for anything. The folks at Zukas know exactly what to do... Read More to make your wedding day go off without a hitch. The craziest part of how great the entire staff is, is that you never even see them! They are in and out of the reception tent, waiting in the wings to fix anything that is out of place and make sure everything stays top notch. Our guests cannot stop raving about the view at Zukas, nor the food. Talk about delicious! If I had all of the money in the world to plan my wedding, I would still go back and choose Zukas every single time. Brides, book your wedding at Zukas Hilltop Barn. You will NOT regret it.

Absolute perfection!

Reviewed on 11/30/2014 Lyra S

If there were one word we could use to describe Zukas it would be perfection! We got married at Zukas on September 12th, and in the year leading up to the wedding the planning process could not have been any more pleasant and easy! From the moment we first toured Zukas with... Read More Alyson, we knew it was right for us. The "magic" moment was when we walked out underneath the beautiful, grand tent and Alyson flipped the white lights on. We were instantly in love. From there forward, every interaction with Alyson was a pleasure. That woman is a superhero! I can't even imagine how many emails she must receive daily, but always answered mine within what seemed like minutes! Attending the tasting was a highlight of the planning, as we were treated to so many delicious menu options it was very difficult to pick what we wanted. But, in the end we were so happy with all the food, and our guests raved about everything! One of the main reasons we chose Zukas was because we knew they would have everything perfectly planned and run like a well-oiled machine, and it clearly showed on the big day. On the day of the wedding every single staff member was so courteous and professional, and everything went off without a hitch! We kept waiting for something to go wrong, but are so happy to say that moment never came. From the rehearsal, helping to organize and setup place cards and the guest book, coordinating with the DJ, photographers, florist, and our Justice of the Peace, it was clear everyone was working so hard behind the scenes to execute such a flawless event, and to help make our day perfect, and for that we are so very grateful. We even got to chat with Mr. Zukas briefly and were so glad we did because we wanted to thank him personally for hosting such an amazingly beautiful venue. We used the spa and bridal suite on site to get ready. Kristen did a great job perfectly coordinated the timing of everyone’s hair and makeup, and they were actually done early! All the women looked stunningly beautiful, and I loved how my hair and makeup turned out! The spa is very reasonably priced and it was so nice to just arrive there first thing in the morning and not have to worry about running late or driving from place to place. The icing on the cake was how incredibly gorgeous everything turned out. We were lucky enough to have perfect weather, which just made enjoying the grounds that much more special. Everything is so perfectly and meticulously landscaped, but still maintains a very rustic and natural beauty. We chose to move our ceremony off to the side of where it is usually held, to face the field and valley. Alyson helped to setup exactly what I envisioned and again, it was perfect! The most special part of the venue and our day was when we got to walk out and have our first dance under the lit tent. It was a magical moment. We chose to have the up lighting and paper lanterns from our DJ (Greg Bedard, who is highly recommended by Zukas), which just added that much more of a special feel. We still get goosebumps reminiscing about that moment. The bonus of the whole day is the great value you receive at Zukas. The price cannot be beat! We felt like we had a million dollar wedding for what was actually a very reasonable cost, and it goes without saying that we would recommend Zukas to anyone! ! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts to Alyson, the Zukas family, and everyone who worked at our wedding! It was perfect.

What an amazing venue!

Reviewed on 11/11/2014 Tiffany B

My husband and I recently got married at Zukas and it was beautiful. Alyson is such a kind and helpful person, she truly goes above and beyond. We had searched around for awhile for the perfect venue to go with our rustic-themed wedding and luckily stumbled upon Zukas (after... Read More much searching) Our guests are still raving about the food and the beauty of the venue. We have had such positive feedback and we want to thank everyone who helped make our big day so special! Thank you again Alyson- you're the best!!

Perfection

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Amanda S

The location of your wedding is a BIG deal...I wasn't aware of this until I started looking. When I started this journey it was chaos- I looked at so many different venues and was instantly overwhelmed by the information, cost and details to consider. The moment I toured Zukas... Read More Hilltop Barn and met Alyson, all of this calmed and the rest of the details all fell in place. The communication with Alyson during our engagement was impeccable-as a bride you will have random thoughts at anytime of the day or night so I was astonished that Alyson always responded within minutes! Planning the wedding was a breeze with her to guide me. She made suggestions, offered advice and was always smiling! The venue itself us astonishing! Overlooking fields and mountains...the New England foliage was the perfect backdrop for our wedding! When you walk into the barn where our cocktail hour was held, my jaw hit the floor. The fireplace, the bar, the chandeliers and the hard wood everywhere is gorgeous!! It was everything I imagined all on one place! Now on to the food...no words can describe how amazing it is! Expect to clear you plate at your dinner service...my husband did before I could even ask for a bite of his beef! All of our friends and family are still taking about how good the food was! The day of our wedding was a little chilly and overcast but Zukas'backdrop was sheer perfection for not only the wedding day but the photos my photographer captured! Our wedding was October 24 and the foliage was so beautiful! The barn, the tent, the outide property and even the bathrooms were so well maintained. I received so many compliments from friends and family- most stating it was one of the best weddings they have attended. When I look back on my wedding night, the only word that I can think of is perfect...for so many reasons but a large reason is Alyson...I can not say it enough. The night of the rehearsal, I came in thinking I was so organized with all my decorations and last minute "to do's" but as I began explaining where I wanted what, my head started spinning and I felt confused. Alyson just stood there taking her notes and nodding...I think I asked her a million times if I was even making sense at this point...she smiled and said yes. At that point, and you will see what I mean, you'll just accept that if something isn't done it just wasn't meant to be. I do not know how she did it but EVERYTHING was where I intended it to be! The venue looked amazing when I arrived! Even the last minute cheese plate she said she would have for the bridal party in the suite! So as I go on and on about all of this I get so excited that so many brides will experience what I felt the night of my wedding and will continue to feel for a long time because very little in this world is perfect...your wedding night should be one of them. I am so beyond happy mine was!

Beautiful venue

Reviewed on 10/26/2014 Tara M

My wedding was in september of this year, myself and my family were very happy with the wedding we had as Zukas. Lynn (the owner) and Alyson (wedding coordinator) were very accommodating to requests or question that we had. The bridal suite was beautiful and allowed us plenty of... Read More time to relax while getting ready. The food was excellent as always. My only complaint was that I had paid extra for the champagne toast and even bought personalized toasting flutes for my husband and I at our head table, and when we went to toast each other after the speeches I noticed that we did not have any champagne. I looked around and noticed everyone else did, but somehow the bride and groom were forgotten or missed, not sure how that happened. It was just kind of disappointing and surprising that out of ALL the guests they forgot to give the bride and groom champagne, and I went out of my way to buy the cute glasses. It was just one of those moments where my husband and I were like "really? How can you forgot the bride and groom?" Not to sound stuck up but at a wedding the bride and groom and the guests of honor! We still had a great experience overall with Zukas and I would recommend them to anyone looking to have a wedding in a beautiful, country setting.

BEST VENUE!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Sarah B

I had the most amazing experience at Zukas! I would honestly recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! The staff was very friendly and helpful and they did everything they could to make our day special. If I could do my wedding over again, I would still choose Zukas!

Perfect Rustic Elegance Day!

Reviewed on 9/21/2014 Lisa Leboeuf L

Everything on the day of, and the many days leading up to, our big day on 8/20/14 was perfect at Zukas Hilltop Barn! Alyson coordinated everything flawlessly and always responded to our emails quickly and with a calming tone ;-) The grounds at Zukas are absolutely GORGEOUS –... Read More which really saved on floral costs as there are hanging flowers everywhere – and white so it matches with everything and looks very beautiful. The owners, Lynn & Peter were awesome too – Lynn is the chef and when you are both the owner and the chef- you know the food is going to be good! The food was amazing – everyone said it was the best food they had at a wedding. We gave choices to our guests of beef tenderloin (we held the peppercorn) and chicken with a cranberry herb spread. We had the ice punch bowl and it was a great touch! Everything from initial meeting, to consutation meeting 6 months before, to the week of and day after with helping us load up our car was awesome. We worked with Arthur & Arlene Tatro for our Justice of the Peace – they live right near Zukas, know the place inside and out, are incredibly detail oriented, friendly, and personable and they really made the day and ceremony so incredibly special! We stayed at the Bridal Suite that night and HIGHLY recommend this. We debated back and forth because we also wanted to spend time with guests who stayed at the Comfort Inn in Spencer – but staying at the Bridal Suite was perfect. We got to be alone and talk about the day and it really helped the whole day sink in! They made an adorable breakfast basket for us to have the next morning with breads and cereal and fruit – amazing! Our rustic elegant wedding that was dreamed up in our heads and pintrest came alive on a perfect magical day thanks to Zukas and their staff! SO happy – for any questions feel free to email! [email protected]