10 Downing at Churchill's Savannah, GA

Restaurant

Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering

13-17 W Bay Street, Savannah, GA (912) 231-8279

Reviewed on 7/17/2016 Sasha M

10 Downing is a hidden gem downtown and a lovely spot to have a reception for your wedding, or any type of party really! We came across this location while checking out spots downtown, all of which were too big for our small wedding. We were already patrons of Churchill’s and... Read More when we realized they had a reception area upstairs we jumped at the chance to check it out. We truly loved how self-contained the space was; the private bar, kitchen and facilities meant our guests didn’t have to leave and cut through the restaurant. In the days leading up to the wedding there was a chance weather would affect our outside ceremony. It was such a relief knowing that we could have the ceremony at 10 Downing should Mother Nature not cooperate (which she did thank goodness!) From the very first email with Mark I was immensely impressed and knew we had picked the perfect place for the reception. Through the whole process he was extremely patient as we emailed, called and sometimes just dropped by to ask questions or clarify items. He would meet with us before the restaurant opened and even allowed us to get in the night before to set everything up and come back the next day to pick everything up because of inclement weather the night before. Working with Mark was a blessing as he was just as organized as I was which made follow ups very smooth. The food was absolutely outstanding! We didn’t do one of the dinners or buffet but opted to do dozens of different appetizers. This let our guests try all sorts of things like baked brie, five spice dumplings, and while keeping the chatting and party atmosphere going. Also being able to pick the bar selections helped us save a little bit of money while still having an open bar. The waitstaff seemed very nice and as soon as we walked into the reception one of the bartenders came right over to get us drinks which was fantastic! We truly loved how perfect the size of the space was for our event and all the details as well – plantation shutters, wood floors, even the metal ceiling tiles added a classy touch to our soiree. Not only would I recommend 10 Downing to couples looking for a lovely space for a party, I would ever tell them to look at Winston’s for their rehearsal dinner as well! Thank you Mark and your staff for making our reception truly memorable!

Reviewed on 6/07/2016 Jessica E

We booked this reception venue before seeing it in person, and it was even better in person then pictures. The exact space we wanted for a more intimate size wedding. I can't say enough great things about MARK! He was our contact through the entire process, and always responded... Read More so quickly to any questions. He was very detailed oriented, and made the planning process so easy for me. The space was beautiful, the food was amazing, but what really stood out to us was the service of Mark and all other staff!

Reviewed on 6/30/2015 Alex S

The best part of 10 Downing as a wedding venue is not the beautiful room or the marvelous patio. It is not the delicious food or the delightful beverages. The best part is Mark. Don't get me wrong- all those other parts are important and incredible and truly made our reception... Read More great. But Mark is the best. To be blunt, he is the master of all things wedding reception and he is the reason our wedding ran so easy and pleasant. He was so good at responding quickly, throughout my wedding planning, and had great ideas on setting up and how to make the evening flow well. The reception is the best part for your guests and you want to make sure they have an amazing time- Mark can make that happen for you. We could not be happier with our choice of 10 Downing and we will be going back for some more food and drinks the next time we are in town.

We Couldn't Be Happier!!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Kaitlyn D

We booked 10 Downing for our daughter's wedding reception venue and it was a wonderful decision. Mark was so easy to work with and very prompt in answering any questions we had prior to our arrival. It was difficult planning the wedding from several states away, but Mark made... Read More sure that everything ran smoothly for us. Once we arrived, the staff was very flexible and attentive. Our guests were impressed with the quality of the meal and the prompt service of the staff. We opted for a plated dinner and the courses were each delicious and served very efficiently. The room itself was beautiful and accommodated our 40 guests easily and still allowed for a small dance area. The staff offered to move tables for us to make more room, but our small group was fine without any furniture changes. At the end of the night, we were loading things up and staff of Churchill's (the downstairs pub) helped us carry things out. From start to finish the service was amazing. We highly recommend Ten Downing!!

Simply Incredible

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 jackie b

Never have I worked with a better staff than at 10 Downing/Churchill's. There are plenty of reviews about the actual venue space - how it's clean, simple, modern, and nicely organized. All of that is absolutely true in my experience. However, the biggest highlight of... Read More working with this venue was the staff. Mark, the general manager, was extremely helpful, fast, experienced, professional, and communicative. Their options are very easy and up-front. The service staff is extraordinarily friendly and on top of things. Everyone there is more than happy to do whatever it takes to make your day as wonderful as they possibly can. Beyond that, the food is amaaaazing. Our wedding guests are still talking about it a week later! Some of our friends and wedding party took extra trays of food with them to eat over the next few days they were in town. Not to mention their price. For a 55-60 person wedding, our costs were right around $4000, and that included all decorations and dinnerware from the venue, all food, champagne toast, ceremony, the event space for as long as we wanted it, sound system, service staff, gratuity, tax, non-alcoholic drinks, appetizers, and even a few hundred extra that we threw in for alcohol and extra gratuity. Seriously, if you're looking for a small-ish wedding on a budget without sacrificing quality, this is absolutely the best venue to get it done in Savannah. The location is just impossible to beat. We even managed to have a grand exit by lining our guests in the courtyard between Ruth's Chris and Cilantro's with sparklers, and us going through them into the Andaz. Every single detail of this venue is incredible. I can't thank them enough for making our evening so amazing.

Great venue

Reviewed on 7/30/2014 Lesia H

It was a pleasure working with Mark and his team. From the first visit everything was terrific. My daughter and Son In Law opted for the family style service for the food. The guest have not stopped raving about how good the food was and how much there was. the entire staff... Read More was very accommodating and pleasant. We also reserved to outdoor bar area for guest to have more room to mingle so happy we did it was a great addition.

Fantastic reception!

Reviewed on 5/25/2014 Delphine &

We booked our reception at 10 Downing from New York; Mark the general manager made the process extremely simple. He was extremely pleasant to work with and answered our numerous questions quickly: a real pleasure to work with. During the actual reception, the staff was amazing... Read More and the food delicious! My husband and I would highly recommend 10 Downing for any event and a huge thank you again to Mark and the staff.

Great Place

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Melissa G

10 Downing is the perfect place for a small wedding reception or party. The décor is clean and simple and contemporary, with the character of the old building highlighted. We had our wedding reception there and had 42 guests. Everyone fit comfortably. The food was excellent,... Read More we had the buffet menu 2 from their list of menus. The food was flavorful and plenty. Overall the service and the point of contact person is great. He is very responsive and assures that all of your questions get answered. I would highly recommend 10 Downing for a celebration spot.

10 Downing = AMAZING!

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Keller D

I used 10 Downing for my rehearsal dinner. It is the upstairs banquet room of Churchill's. The room was simple and pretty with access to the outside patio. It had a gorgeous bar similar to that of downstairs Churchill's. The service was amazing. Mark Royston was helpful and... Read More prompt with his responses. The food was delicious and they have plenty of options to fit everyone for both food and bar. Linens are provided and included in the price. It was a great experience! They also have A/V equipment if you want to show a video or picture slideshow.

Simply amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2012 Katy B

I can't say too many great things about this place!! Mark is the most amazing guy to work with. He had so many great suggestions about different table layouts and flow of the reception. The food was amazing!!!!! He even made my husband and me a special appetizer for just the two... Read More us us because he knew how much we loved it and wanted it- it wasn't even on their menu! He was so accommodating when it came to decorations. I was sad the night of the wedding because that meant that working with him was done. The staff was fantastic! Very helpful and gracious. I wanted to hug every single one of them. The room is simply gorgeous! It doesn't require too much decoration- its already perfect. Perfect size for a smaller wedding- we did a sit down dinner for about 75. Thank you so much Mark and staff- our night wouldn't have been the same anywhere else.

GREAT place for a reception!

Reviewed on 10/11/2012 Ferris P

We used 10 Downing for our reception! The staff, especially Mark Royston was a dream to work with! The dining room is gorgeous! The food was amazing! The bartender was great also! Thank you for the great memories!! (September 15, 2012)