Book Your Wedding with 2016 MAIN

A BALLROOM IN KANSAS CITY, MO

2016 MAIN is an event space, an art gallery and the home to renowned Kansas City, Missouri photographer Jodi Vander Woude. This recently renovated venue sits just outside the historic Crossroads district and is centrally located to serve the entire Kansas City, Missouri area. 2016 MAIN was designed with open space in mind and has a sizable main room that doubles as the art gallery and event space that can comfortably fit 200 guests for ceremonies, receptions or both.

When 2016 MAIN underwent renovations, it was important to the husband and wife owners that it be updated with modern amenities and state-of-the-art fixtures, but that it also keep the definitive qualities that make the Crossroads neighborhood so special. The eye-catching red doors leading into the urban venue are only the beginning of this blend between classic and modern. The 14-foot high ceilings, ebony hardwood floors, exposed brick, crown molding and marble accents bring the charm of downtown inside while the updated caterer's kitchen and private bridal suite establish a new standard for excellence.

Although 2016 MAIN is bring-your-own as far as catering and other vendors are concerned, it is more than willing to coordinate everything before and on the day of the wedding so the proceedings move smoothly. It showcases a marble-top full-service wet bar lit by a large brass chandelier. The bar packages include bartenders and will fit the needs of any couple. The natural acoustics and a great sound system work well whether the entertainment for the night is a band or a DJ. Due to a quick yet meticulous staff, 2016 MAIN's transition from ceremony to reception is fast and worry-free and the already beautifully dressed space means decorating can be kept to a minimum.

The fine art that fills the brick walls are from local artist collective SeedCo from Lawrence, Kansas. The beautiful pieces are one-of-a-kind and couples can choose which ones they want hanging on the wall the day of their wedding as well. A special greenery accent wall and LED lights strung on the ceiling and around the large windows punctuate the space and give it that extra bit of flair.

Booking with 2016 MAIN comes with a few additional perks as including:

• Brand new restrooms
  • Virtual tour video of the space
  • Free in-person tours of the event space
  • Access to Open House with preferred vendors
  • Easy downtown parking
  • Close proximity to the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts and the Liberty Memorial

Events in the KC Crossroads

2016 MAIN Event Space sits at the threshold of Downtown Kansas City’s historic Crossroads district. Recently renovated, it offers modern amenities in a beautiful art gallery setting full of character and original architectural details. 2016 Main hosts anything from rehearsal dinners and showers to wedding ceremonies and receptions. Our open layout and warm features ensure each event is completely unique and inviting for each couple and their guests.

Ballroom, Museum, Loft

2016 Main Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 674-6900

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Laura N

If I could leave a higher review, I would. Pat and Jodi were the absolute best. They were always quick to respond to emails, calls, etc. The day of couldn't have gone any smoother!! 2016 Main is gorgeous and required little to no extra decorations. We received countless... Read More compliments about the venue and couldn't be happier with our decision.

Reviewed on 9/28/2016 Phil B

Pat and Jodi were the absolute BEST people to work with for our wedding ceremony and reception at 2016 Main. Pat was very flexible with our requests leading up to the wedding, offered advice in terms of vendors that have worked well in the space, and the day of the event was... Read More flawless with his and Jodi's help. It was truly a gorgeous venue and was perfect for our celebration. We couldn't have asked for a better venue!

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Courtney O

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding reception. I was sold the second we walked into the space at 2016 Main, but I really knew we made the right decision after meeting Pat and Jodi – they made the whole wedding planning process more pleasant than I could’ve... Read More imagined. Pat was extremely helpful with all of my questions (I thought I had a lot of them) and he told me multiple times that he’d help us with anything we needed. After the first time meeting with Pat, I felt like I had known him and Jodi for years – they always welcomed us with a hug and made us feel at home. In addition to everything they had to set up for the reception, Pat also ordered the linens for our reception and took that stress off of my plate and it looked absolutely wonderful. He also supplied a last minute champagne request along with the champagne flutes and never once seemed concerned with meeting our requests. He coordinated with all of my wedding vendors and if anything did go wrong that day, I’m definitely not aware of it – the place looked exactly like I had pictured! The wedding itself was more than I could've dreamed of and 2016 Main, Pat & Jodi were a HUGE part of that. I feel like I have a friend in both Pat and Jodi going forward and I HIGHLY recommend using them as your wedding venue. You can’t find a more unique, friendly, beautiful place than this. Thank you Pat & Jodi for everything you guys did for us!

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Calla R

The absolute best decision we made while wedding planning was choosing 2016 Main as our venue. We loved the space the moment we entered it and it was the perfect backdrop for our big day. We received countless compliments from our friends and family on how unique and beautiful... Read More 2016 Main is. The physical space sells itself, but the most special part of our booking with 2016 Main was the top-notch, personalized service we received from Pat and Jodi (our photographer). Pat and Jodi made us feel like family from the beginning. Pat responded to all of my questions quickly through the wedding planning process. He stepped in on the day of the wedding to fix many issues when our caterer dropped the ball several times. He was constantly present during the ceremony and reception to check in on us. He's a true professional and goes above and beyond for his brides and grooms. My husband and I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding day and that is due largely in part to Pat, Jodi, and 2016 Main. We love them dearly and hope to one day host baby showers and the rest of life's big moments in their special space :) You will not regret booking with 2016 Main!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Cindy M

We had our son and daughter in law's rehearsal dinner at 2016 Main. Everything was perfect. Patrick is wonderful to work with and was very flexible. We had 75 people and had more than enough room. The bar is perfect and we so appreciated all the help provided. We love this... Read More event space!

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Cindy M

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Tracy Y

My husband and I planned our wedding from another state. While we knew this was going to be difficult, Pat and Jodi at 2016 Main eased a lot of the difficulty and doubt. I didn’t step foot in the space until a couple months after we booked it, but I was awed by the beauty of it-... Read More the brick, art on the walls, the bar, the feel, the light. I just knew we were in the right place. Pat and Jodi were the biggest help to us throughout our planning giving open and honest feedback and suggestions. All emails were responded to promptly. They were very willing to meet with me any time I was in town even if we had to squeeze it in. They really do go above and beyond! The day before our wedding they were painting pillars because they were dirty from the week before. They treated us as if we were their family. We had an absolute blast having our wedding here and working with Pat and Jodi. I wish we could do it all over again! Thank you to Pat, Jodi and 2016 Main for being such a big part of our best day!

2017-07-25T13:14:17 Response from the vendor

Tracy, thank you so much for your kind words. We had a great time working with you and your family and made friends along the way. Thank you again

Reviewed on 7/21/2017 Emma B

I can't give enough praise for Pat and Jodi. They were phenomenal to work with: Pat went above and beyond to make sure our wedding went off perfectly. Not only are they such easy, fun people to work with, out guests loved the venue. The sound quality of the speaker system, the... Read More boxwood wall, the lights, the artwork....everyone complimented it so much. Use 2016 MAIN! You won't regret it.

Reviewed on 7/16/2017 Sarah M

We had our ceremony and reception at 2016 Main, and we had so many compliments on the venue! The layout worked perfectly for what we wanted, and Pat was fantastic to worked with. The switch from ceremony to reception was seamless, and none of the guests noticed the switch. We... Read More had so much fun, and the venue was a huge part of the reason why!

2017-07-25T13:17:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you Sarah for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. You and Jeff were so fun and easy to work with. We wish you nothing but the best and come see us sometime.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Lauren W

This was a fantastic place to have our wedding reception. Pat was fantastic to work with and made our day very special. I am very glad we had our reception here. I would recommend this lo cation to anyone. You will definitely not regret it! :) Thank you Pat for making out day so... Read More special.

2017-06-13T12:58:32 Response from the vendor

Lauren, you are so welcome and we loved having you guys celebrate your wedding at our space. Come see us on a First Friday and we can buy you a drink. And thank you for taking the time to write us such a nice review.

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

Hosting our daughter's wedding at 2016 Main was one of our first decisions in planning and it turns out it was the absolute BEST choice our family made. The venue has the perfect feel to it, classy/vintage/modern/artsy all in one. Lots of style, a great sound system and a... Read More fantastic bar set the stage for a perfect celebration. The owners, Pat and Jodi are the best possible vendors by far. They are so caring and genuine, making the entire process easy and fun. Responses to our questions were quick, clear and so helpful. We chose to have the ceremony and the reception there and the switch was super quick and easy. The day of the wedding we were able to just relax and enjoy our moments knowing everything on site was being managed with care. Make sure to book Jodi as your photographer too. She has so many creative ideas and we all loved working with her. It cannot be said enough, Pat and Jodi are amazing! They love and care about their couples and make each and every person feel like family. Thank you to everyone at 2016 Main for making Joe and Tracy's wedding simply the best!

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Mary D

There are not enough kind words to say about 2016 Main, and the power-couple that runs the space, Pat and Jodi. The planning process was such a breeze. They are laid-back and accommodating, they continued to bend over backwards to make sure we got exactly what we wanted from... Read More beginning to end. The space is gorgeous and is perfect without a single addition, but they allow you to customize everything to make it your own. For our wedding, the space was open the day before, so we were able to come early to set up ahead of time (Which was a HUGE help for us!) and Pat was there pulling out tables, moving artwork, and helping direct traffic to make sure we were ready for the reception. The ultimate was the wedding itself. When our caterers fumbled and didn't have enough help, Pat and Jodi jumped in to assist, busing tables, refilling water glasses, and at one point, were even flipping french toast in the kitchen! The magical part, is that we didn't discover there were ANY issues until the next day! Such a great value for the service, and incredible space. We could not be happier, or more grateful for this wonderful venue. Our day would not have been the same without them!

2017-06-08T12:47:06 Response from the vendor

Mary, thank you for such a glowing review. We love you guys and we loved what you did with our space. Have a great honeymoon and call when you get back.

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Caitlin J

My husband and I toured numerous venues in KC, each of us, strongly opinionated-could not picture ourselves getting married there.... That was until we toured 2016 Main. It was a breath of fresh air. Pat and Jodi were extremely personable, professional, and so easy to work... Read More with. Pat met with us (and numerous family members) a few times prior to our wedding to make sure we were comfortable and all of our questions were answered. He treated us like we were friends, truly wanting to get to know us- not just another customer. Our wedding was 6/3/17 and it was absolutely everything that we had wanted for our day and more. The venue was absolutely beautiful and perfect for our upbeat and unique wedding ceremony and reception. We were blown away with the venue, Pat, and the night itself. When they say #thepartyishere- it is SO TRUE! Thank you Pat and Jodi for such a wonderful experience- we had the time of our lives and I can't thank you enough!

2017-06-05T16:14:10 Response from the vendor

Caitlin, Thank you so much for your kind words. You and Jeremy were a blast to work with and your wedding was as unique as any I have seen. And thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Have a great time on your... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/27/2017 Maria D

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at 2016 Main Event space. Pat and Jodi, the owners, were amazing every step of the way. They listened to our plans for the wedding and helped customize our vision to reality. Pat and Jodi have such positive, caring personalities. The... Read More venue is so beautiful with an incredible sound system. We did not feel the need to bring any more decorations to the space except for simple table vases with flowers. The bartenders were excellent and very sweet to me! Our guests only had nice comments regarding this event space and the staff. We are so happy we chose 2016 Main Event and would recommend this venue to anyone!!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Ashley L

Sadly I did not have the best of experiences firsthand with this particular venue. I had scheduled a walk thru and even confirmed the meeting but no one was ever there to meet me or answer any calls inquiring on what the problem may be and unfortunately did not hear anything... Read More back until 5 days later. I was looking forward to seeing the place to possibly book with them but have been left still searching. ***Update: The owner reached out to graciously remedy the problem and the effort has been noted and greatly appreciated. My mother had a good initial interaction with the owner and his wife prior to when I was hoping to meet them which is to be considered and after emails back and forth recently I do believe they will do what is necessary to help a bride in need or in stress. My review is speaking of what is currently happening and I hope to continue improving my review of this particular vendor in my continued talks with them.***

2017-03-24T12:13:40 Response from the vendor

Ashley, you are completely right and it was a total mishap on our part. I have a reason why we missed the appointment but it doesn't matter as we are based upon results. It was not intentional for sure and as I have done in... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 3/22/2017 Nicole R

My husband and I had our ceremony and reception here in December of 2016 and we could not have dreamed of a more incredible event space/staff! Pat and Jodi were absolutely incredible from the moment we met them to the clean up on the day after our wedding. They were so... Read More accommodating and complimentary to us as well as our guests. Pat really takes the initiative to communicate with vendors in order to make sure your wedding day runs smoothly. I was absolutely floored when I entered the event space on the morning of my wedding to see that so much was already done! Not only are Pat and Jodi (as well as their staff) absolutely amazing, but their event space is breathtaking. Their space is the perfect combination of the classic, eclectic Crossroads feel while being so elegant all at the same time. Things are constantly being changed and updated to keep their space fresh and interesting. It really is all about the details -which is probably why the bar and bridal suite were my favorite elements. If you are on the fence about this space, don't be! Pat and Jodi are so down to earth and they will take care of you in every way.

Reviewed on 3/03/2017 Ryan R

We fell in love with the venue the second we walked in, but then we met Pat and Jodi and couldn't be more in LOVE with their hospitality, accommodating spirit and creativity. We had our wedding and reception here and it was perfect. Between the art, beautiful bar, amazing dance... Read More floor and under the sparkly lights it was a perfect venue to say "I do"!

Reviewed on 2/27/2017 Lauren M

I could not imagine having gotten married without the help & support of Pat and Jodi. We held our wedding (both ceremony & reception) here in December 2016 and it was absolutely incredible. First, the space is warm and inviting. It hit the perfect amount of "hip & trendy"... Read More without being pretentious. We got tons of compliments on how well everything looked (and went) from family and friends. Additionally, the space is well located right in Crossroads which made for ease when our out of town guests (75% of our attendees) came into town - no one had to rent a car, or go far for food/entertainment. However, the most important reason to book with 2016 Main is because of the owners, Pat & Jodi. I seriously want them to be my best friends for life. Pat was on-top of EVERY email I sent. He was so accommodating, letting me show the space to my mom last minute, letting me add extra tables last minute, organizing linens for us, giving me tons of vendor recommendations - I cannot thank him enough. Everything went off without a hitch and it's because of him. Jodi, his wife, was our photographer and once again, I just LOVE her. She not only took great photos, but gave us a TON of ideas on where to shoot, what colors looked good, she basically helped outline my entire schedule for the day-of, everything. She went absolutely above and beyond, coming to the salon while getting my hair done, coming out after the ceremony to get more intimate photos, etc. YAY! Thanks again Pat & Jodi for absolutely rocking our wedding - we so appreciate it and love you to pieces!!

2017-02-27T16:24:17 Response from the vendor

Lauren, Thank you so much for you more than kind words. We had such a good time working with you, Kyle, and family. We feel the same about you and we had an even better time watching your wedding day unfold. You two are so... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 2/20/2017 Kelsey L

We couldn't have picked a more perfect venue for our ceremony and reception! The moment we walked into 2016 MAIN, I knew that we had found our venue. Everything about the space is so beautiful and unique. Pat was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and made sure... Read More that we had everything we needed for our special day. Our wedding was more than we could have ever hoped for and we know that Pat & the team at 2016 played a huge role in making that happen! We highly recommend using 2016 MAIN as your ceremony and reception venue! Thank you, Pat for everything you did for us!

Reviewed on 2/08/2017 Angela D

I can not say enough about this incredible venue! Pat is amazing to work with from the day we met to the morning after our reception - he became like a member of our family! We knew we wanted to get married here from the first night we walked inside, but we were concerned we... Read More couldn't afford it. Pat was kind enough to put my fears to rest by spending some time going over our budget with me and assuring me that by using some of his contacts, we could pull it off. Our special day was absolutely breath-taking and so much fun! Our guests still can't stop talking about it! Every detail was thought off and planned out with such precision and care that our entire event seemed to flow with utter perfection. We couldn't have been happier! And I can't forget to mention Scott, he was so much more than a bartender, he was a personal attendant and entertainer throughout the day and night - we wanted to take him with us! We feel like the whole experience was so much more than just planning our wedding, we made life long friends with Pat and Jodi. We hope to have another event at 2016 Main in the future!

2017-02-10T11:35:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind words and I agree, Scott is something special. We loved being part of your wedding day and thank you for your business and trust. Come see us soon.

Reviewed on 2/06/2017 Kelley F

My husband and I LOVED the venue space! All of our guests were raving about its' beauty! Pat and his wife, Jodi, (our photographer) were AMAZING! We planned our wedding from out of state and they made the process so easy! They are both such welcoming people with such big hearts.... Read More You could tell everything was carefully thought over in order to make our wedding day perfect! We had such a great time and are so lucky to find such an amazing venue and hosts.

2017-02-10T11:37:27 Response from the vendor

Hey there, Thank you very much for your kind words. We loved your special day and are excited to review the photography with you...over a drink or two. Thanks again.

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 Benjamin W

Excellent urban wedding venue. Great sound system, great setup and clean up service, beautiful indoor space that works well for ceremony and reception.

Reviewed on 12/23/2016 Stacy M

Where to even begin. Pat Galvin made my wedding day absolutely perfect and it wouldn't have been the same if he hadn't been so involved. 2016 Main is a gorgeous space that needs very little extra decorations. As soon as we walked in, we knew this is where we wanted to spend our... Read More wedding night. Pat made the entire process so easy and fun. He genuinely cares about you and wants to be apart of every detail. The bartenders were phenomenal and our guests never had to wait for a drink. Pat communicated with me on a regular basis and always responded timely with any questions I had. Pat truly made our big day everything I had ever dreamed of. It's very hard to find a vendor that's genuinely passionate about what he does and the people he works with. My guests still talk about the simple elegance of the space and how friendly all of the staff were. My husband and I can't wait to stop by for First Fridays.

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Sara D

My husband and I could not have picked a better venue for our wedding reception. The gallery is gorgeous during the day but even more romantic at night. I remember walking in to the reception that night and being blown away! Pat was incredibly easy to work with. He always... Read More responded to questions quickly, was super accommodating to any changes we wanted to make, and made sure the night ran smoothly. He truly is an expert. We had just under 200 guests, but it didn’t feel too crowded at all.

Reviewed on 11/30/2016 Boni N

We had our wedding ceremony and reception at 2016 Main. Pat was wonderful to work with and really helped ensure that our wedding went off without a hitch. He offered up wonderful suggestions regarding the room layout for both ceremony and reception. Also, 2016 Main offers a... Read More day-of-coordinator service (at an additional cost). I HIGHLY recommend adding this service! I did not have to worry about anything on the wedding day, and my other vendors had a great point of contact. Everyone at 2016 Main was great--I even got compliments on how nice the bartenders were! An absolutely amazing venue.