28 Event Space

Kansas City, MO

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Book Your Wedding with 28 Event Space

A BALLROOM IN KANSAS CITY, MO

Located in Kansas City, Missouri, just 35 minutes from downtown, 28 Event Space is a premier location for wedding ceremonies and receptions. With an impressive overall size of 7,500 square feet, there is plenty of room for elaborate celebrations. This venue was originally a warehouse, but it has been completely remodeled. The atmosphere is clean and modern with touches of vintage charm. There are two main event spaces available along with areas for the wedding party to prepare for the ceremony.

The Kansas City Room is the largest room in this facility. It's ideal for large wedding parties of 300 or more guests and comes equipped with a dance floor and a stage for those who want live entertainment at their reception. Those who prefer to have a DJ can utilize the built-in DJ booth and the full high-definition sounds system. A fully equipped catering kitchen is directly attached to this room, making it easy for guests to get appetizers and full meals at a dinner or cocktail hour. This room also features a high-end bar. Hundreds of small twinkling lights line the ceiling, creating a whimsical look.

The Station is another reception room, and it's smaller than the Kansas City room. It's lushly appointed and features floor-to-ceiling windows that allow natural light to stream in. Guests can directly access an outdoor terrace from this room. This space can comfortably seat up to 200 guests.

Located just off of the Kansas City Room is The Vanity Room. This room is commonly used as a bridal suite and serves as the ideal place for a bride and her party to get ready for the big day. It features a large, well-lit vanity that's ideal for styling hair and applying makeup.

Newly married couples have the opportunity to spend the night of their wedding in The Loft, a private suite adjacent to the Kansas City Room. This suite features a Jacuzzi tub, a full kitchen, a lounge area, two full bathrooms and a guest bedroom.

The staff at 28 Event Space provide comprehensive wedding packages. We allow you to bring in your own vendors. Wedding parties are allowed to bring in outside catering by a licensed caterer. You can also bring in your own liquor, we have licensed bartenders that will serve it. Tables, chairs and linens are all provided. All areas in this venue offer wheelchair accessibility.

28 Event space is a beautiful, modern venue staffed by professionals with extensive experience running large events. This venue offers a number of extra perks to wedding parties.

• Built-in projection equipment
  • Wi-Fi internet connectivity
  • Party buses available
  • Limousine rental available
  • Photo and video booths available

Your vision. Our reality.

Located only minutes from downtown, 28 Event Space has 2 distinctly different spaces, both with top-notch amenities, modern style and impeccable service. The Kansas City Room & The Station both come equipped with overnight suites, sound system, transportation & photo booth. Let us show you how to make your dream a reality!

Ballroom, Loft

Shuttle Service, Transportation

1300 West 28th Street, Kansas City, MO (816) 283-8368

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Courtney A

Honestly words can not express how much I love this venue. It is absolutely stunning and really doesn't require a whole lot of decorating because of how incredible the inside space is. Our pictures look amazing with the glowing lights that hang down from the ceiling. So many... Read More of my guests came up to me that night saying how much they loved the venue. It has a really cool outdoor space where the non-dancers were able to relax and have fun as well. Sylvia and Karly were a dream team. They answered all my silly questions leading up to the big day and were awesome the day of in making it look incredible. Everyone said that this was the best wedding they have ever been to and I think that the venue had a huge part in that!

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Caitlin M

My bride and I went to multiple venues and bridal shows looking for a possible and an affordable place for our wedding, and I can honestly say there is no place in KC that compares to 28 Event Space. We fell in love with it not only because of the modern look and ample space,... Read More but because the staff was so accommodating and helpful from the day we booked the event space until the very last minute of our wedding. Thank you 28 Event Space!!

Reviewed on 4/16/2016 Nicole H

28 Event Space was great! They made sure everything was taken care of on the wedding day. I didn't have to stress about anything! And they are so friendly!!

2016-04-18T12:40:44 Response from the vendor

Awesome! We are happy you enjoyed your time with us at 28 Event!

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Ashlynn S

I would NOT recommend this venue to my family or friends. While this space is absolutely beautiful the coordinator we had on our wedding day was extremely rude and disrespectful to my Mom, My husband and I ( the bride and groom) as well as our family that was helping us the day... Read More of the wedding. Completely unacceptable actions by the staff and unprofessional. I would hate for another Bride to have to experience the unprofessionalism and disrespect that we encountered.

Reviewed on 8/26/2017 Deanna S

Didn't even go to see it because the woman was so hard to work with. We scheduled an appointment for a Saturday at 1:30 and she emailed me the day before saying "are we on today for noon?" I responded with no we said Saturday at 1:30 and she said no I have you today for 1:30... Read More (already changed time in one email?). I then forwarded the email and she was not helpful and didn't attempt to make another appointment. Lost our business

Reviewed on 8/04/2017 Lindsey T

I can't say enough about 28 Event Space! We had our wedding there in June of this year and were so happy with the choice we made! The girls we worked with were always quick to respond and answered any questions we had leading up to the wedding and on the day of the event they... Read More made sure everything went smoothly and we had any/everything we needed. We would highly recommend 28 Event Space!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Laura H

They were so accommodating all day! So great to work with and really made the day stress free!

Reviewed on 7/18/2017 Jessica E

When we got engaged, top of my list was 28 Event Space. I loved the urban setting, but yet still extremely classy. However, because they are so popular, they only had Friday availability left. We didn’t want a long engagement and after meeting with Karly, we decided on a Friday... Read More wedding because of the availability. There are many perks to a Friday wedding at 28 Event Space – the biggest and most helpful was having Thursday access to the venue. The all-inclusive price included Friday night in the lofts, but a Friday wedding included an extra night (Thurs). It kept my mind at ease knowing we had a full day for set-up and to get acquainted with the space. We had our ceremony at a church near by, but a room flip would have been great in the space too. All our vendors had experience working at and with 28 Event Space and there was a sense of familiarity for them when we would go over the details of our day. There was only one snafu and it was that we had a couple of different coordinators in our 9 months. Karly was a constant so that helped, and for our day-of, we worked with Courtney. Courtney was AWESOME to work with. She was new-ish on our wedding day but Karly being there was super helpful and kept me at ease. Courtney has a great energy and enthusiasm about her….just what we needed nearing the end of our engagement! On the day-of, we spent it getting ready in the suites. It was so helpful literally being in the next room as our vendors. It was great having a front-row seat to seeing the magic happen. Being type-A, it was great to just have my hands in everything! Everything and everyone that was part of 28 Event Space was highly personable, approachable and patient (perfect for brides to deal with!). We used one of the suites during the reception as a “Child’s Suite” and had a babysitter come in and watch the young kiddos as their parents had fun on the dance floor. My parents and in-laws were extremely impressed at the ease of having it in that location! So many things I didn’t have to tend to because of 28 Event Space: accommodations for the night before/night-of, shuttle services for our guests, party bus for the bridal party, a place to get ready (the vanity is picture-perfect) and so much more. Parking was great for the guests and the space was so open that no matter where anyone sat, they were able to see everything! We used the stage for our cake cutting and it was great to look out into the crowd and see our reception in front of us. 28 Event Space is a one-stop shop for a great wedding.

Reviewed on 6/13/2017 Frank E

28 Event Space was amazing for wedding. They helped with every detail and their packages were great to ensure that we could get everything we need from one place. While upfront, the cost sounds like a lot, I was able to save so much money because of everything that our package... Read More came with and because I was able to use food and beverage vendors from elsewhere. Courtney and Karly both did an awesome job with coordinations and the wedding went off without a hitch! - Sarah

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Katie R

This venue was my dream venue. The location was perfect, central in the city. There was ample parking for a city location and the staff was incredible. You get some many extras with 28 Event Space, including security, parking attendants, bar tenders, plenty of restrooms and... Read More of course, day of coordination. I LOVED that the venue provided so many decor & set up items and that it was beautifully decorated so I didn't feel like I had to spend a bunch of money on making the place look presentable. They are very organized, kind, and helpful, from the moment we contacted them for a tour Karly and her team set us as ease. You won't be disappointed if you book with 28 Event Space.

Reviewed on 5/08/2017 Theresa H

I am not booking the 28 Event Space for my event. While it is a beautiful venue with a pretty good location downtown, it is overpriced compared to similar spaces with similar amenities. The reason I felt compelled to write a review is when I contacted the space to request... Read More pricing information and to ensure the date I needed was available, Courtney (28 Event Space Coordinator as of May 2017), responded by emailing two prospective customers at the same time and failing to bcc us. The other customer and myself then went through a week of irritating miscommunication before we realized neither of the other was the coordinator (Courtney did not respond to emails within days of receiving them to clear this up). She then did not apologize or even acknowledge that she had made an error. I could have gotten over that initial communication error if when I finally was able to schedule a time to tour the space, Courtney had taken the time to re-confirm that the date I needed was available. Instead, I made a special trip to see the space only to arrive (and wait for her to show up for another 10 minutes), for her to tell me the date I requested wasn't available. Are you kidding me!? How difficult is it to re-confirm a date prior to making a prospective customer waste their time?! In summary, the space is pretty. There are better investments scattered through the city, and beware Courtney's planning abilities.

2017-05-09T17:54:50 Response from the vendor

I would like to apologize for the miscommunication. I try to make every effort to accommodate renters, especially future brides. My sincerest apologies. -Courtney

Reviewed on 5/05/2017 Katie C

This venue was the most amazing place to have our wedding! Not only does it look amazing on its own, so there isn't need for a huge amount of decoration, the people who work there are incredible! I felt like all my millions of questions as a bride were answered with a friendly... Read More response and quickly. hey went above and beyond all my expectations and even ran an important errand for the wedding party the day of when a two year old needed pull-ups! I cannot say enough great things about this venue and if you are lucky to get a date there you will be in great hands and your wedding will be amazing! We did reserve the back room and it was the perfect place to get ready and have our hair and makeup done as well.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Darcie V

Courtney was amazing!! She was so easy to work with and so helpful! It was great to bring in our own alcohol and food in, and the bridal suite was great for my husband and I to stay the night! We were even able to use a limo for after the reception to drive around while... Read More everyone left. Overall my wedding was picture perfect and a lot was thanks to Courtney and the 28 event space.

Reviewed on 4/01/2017 Alicia C

Amazing space and perfect size for our reception! The people we worked with were great and the extra amenities were well worth it!!!

Reviewed on 3/07/2017 Matthew B

Words cannot describe how amazing our wedding day was because of 28 event space! I can't thank their coordinators, Courtney and Karly for helping out with every little detail! Courtney and Karly were so simple and easy to work with! They went above and beyond to make our wedding... Read More day so special. The event space itself was breathtaking! Lights on the ceiling and kc skyline on the back wall! This place is a must! It is so clean and the bridal room was spacious and bright! I can't thank them again for making our day so special!

Reviewed on 1/21/2017 Tiffany H

28 Event Space was absolutely wonderful. The space itself is gorgeous but the staff takes everything to the next level. We were so impressed with the help and dedication they have to making your event exactly what you need. I cannot thank them enough for making our wedding so... Read More perfect!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kelly M

28 Event Space, The Station, Karly & her staff were so great & accommodating. We were extremely happy with the venue and its many offerings. It was beautiful, our guests loved it- many compliments! Its an awesome KC venue from ambiance, sound, bar, lighting... all were amazing.... Read More Thank you! Highly Recommend this amazing venue & staff .

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Victoria D

Everything was beautiful and everyone who helped from 28 Event Space was on top of their game! I didn't have to worry about a thing during the wedding and reception. Fantastic!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Katie F

We had our wedding at 28 event space new venue called The Station. We were the very first wedding in the space. It was amazing! The staff was great, Sylvia handled all the details like a pro. The space was so beautiful and perfect for our wedding. Literally the coolest photo... Read More booth I have ever seen, and beautiful finishes. We couldn't have asked for a better venue.

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Becca G

I cannot say enough good things about 28 Event Space! Karly and Sylvia are simply amazing! They answered every crazy question I had and smiled through every change I made, even up to the last minute, and made me feel like they were genuinely happy to help. Our wedding went off... Read More without a hitch and we could not have done it without 28 Event Space and specifically Karly and Sylvia. The venue is also BEAUTIFUL. We received SO many compliments on the venue and the staff. Book this venue - you will not regret it!

Reviewed on 7/08/2016 Nellie M

We did not end up going with this venue only because they didn't have our date available. But the girls here are so professional, helpful, and responsive, the best we have come in contact with. The KC Room is beautiful and spacious. Loved it all!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Robyn R

Karly was so great to work with. Our day went so smoothly without any hiccups or issues and we could not be happier about it! The venue is absolutely gorgeous and needed very little decoration from us because it was already perfect! It was a nice low to mid 80s that day and they... Read More opened the garage doors the whole night to help give our wedding the summer night feel that we dreamed of. The only little blip with the venue would have been the photobooth. Unless you held really still for a few seconds after the photos were taken, they came out blurry. But otherwise, everything was great, the rooms were amazing and allowed us to stay and keep a small party going with our wedding party after. Couldn't say enough great things about this venue!

2016-06-30T14:38:11 Response from the vendor

Robyn, Thank you so much. It was such a pleasure working with you and Adam. Everything turned out beautiful...And we loved your adorable dog! Congrats Again!!

Reviewed on 5/24/2016 Jessica G

From the moment I saw 28 Event Space online, it became our top contender for our wedding venue. We live in Chicago, so were unable to come for the tour ourselves. My mom went in our place and was so impressed with everything that we booked it without ever setting foot in the... Read More space! It turns out that was a great decision! We worked with Maura from the beginning of the planning process and she was always accommodating to my many questions and scheduling meetings around our visits to Kansas City. Planning from afar can be a daunting task and having a coordinator to contact directly really put me at ease. Maura left shortly before our wedding which definitely made me nervous, but I was relieved to be placed in Karly's very capable hands! Our wedding day could not have been more wonderful. Everything from the bridal suite to the ceremony set up to the reception, was amazing! The seamless transition from ceremony space to cocktail hour and then the room flip for the reception made it very easy for our guests and kept the evening flowing smoothly. I have heard from multiple people how much they loved the venue and the staff. Thank you 28 Event Space for helping to give us one unforgettable Wedding! Can we do it all over again now, please?? :)

Reviewed on 5/03/2016 Jennifer B

This past weekend, 28 Event Space gave me an AMAZING venue for my wedding. From the moment we booked with them, they gave us answers to anything we needed help with. The day/night of the wedding went so smoothly because the Coordinators were fabulous! The rooms for wedding... Read More party to get ready in were beautiful and had plenty of room to spread out. The bartenders were so accommodating and kind to everyone. I can't say enough nice things about this venue and the coordinators (especially Sylvia who helped calm my nerves before walking down the isle). Thank you 28 Event Space for making my wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 4/14/2016 Keiandra G

The venue itself is gorgeous. They offer a limo and/or a party bus to transfer for pictures, the bar staff is great, the bride suite is amazing (it's like getting ready at a five star hotel) and the groom suite is nice as well. They give you the option to stay the night as well.... Read More That was awesome since we had to leave at 5AM for our honeymoon. I don't like how the website isn't diverse

2016-04-18T12:46:43 Response from the vendor

Hello, Thank you for your feedback.We haven't updated photography on our website for a year and we plan to soon. We support and encourage events and weddings of all walks of life. Race, nationality or sexual orientation in no way influenced the photography on our... Read Less Read More