Afterburn Productions - Los Angeles DJ

California & More !!!

Classical, Country, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, World Music

Ceremony, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment

Fe7719fa d8df 43f7 b18c 942ee8fef3e2~rs 100

21143 Hawthorne Blvd, #411, Torrance, CA California & More !!! (310) 308-6946

Reviewed on 11/07/2017 Ivy M

Christian Rasmussen Afterburn Productions was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He played all the songs we requested and was able to keep the dance floor fun and thriving. Communication was easy and Christian kept the night on schedule! Honestly was so amazing and the songs he... Read More chose matched our taste in music. He was so sweet and easily interacted with us and our guests. I would absolutely recommend booking him for your wedding/event !

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Jennifer L

Where do I begin… My than fiancé and I got Christian’s information from my cousin in law from NY. I spoke him over the phone and loved his spirit. My fiancé wasn’t to fond of the price (because he is cheap lol) However once he met him he loved him also we booked him that day.... Read More Every meeting after that was great. This was one of the easiest part of the planning. Fast forward to the day of we wedded at Cheesecake factory in Redondo Beach. The coordination for my wedding was great the music was phenomenal on point and everyone loved it. My dance floor was always full. Words cant express the feeling I felt with comfort thanks to him. Our coordination at the Cheesecake Factory was HORRIBLE!!!! Christian stepped it up and was literally running around taking care of guests, my food, our cutting the cake ceremony when our coordinator was M.I.A. Our guests seriously thought he was part of the cheesecake factory staff because he was doing his job plus so very much more. We cant thank him enough for making our day so SPECIAL and planning process so easy and understanding. Thank you for the help when we didn’t know what to do. Thank you, thank you and thank you. When we need a DJ for any other event he will definitely be called.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Carmil B

Christian is an awesome DJ. We booked him for our wedding and he was perfect. Kept the plan on track and got the crowd out of their seats and to the dance floor. Fantastic energy throughout the night at the whole venue driven by the DJ. Pre-planning went very smoothly and... Read More Christian clearly knows what he is doing. Highly recommended for any event you are having!

Reviewed on 9/13/2015

Christian is the ULTIMATE! He is absolutely the best DJ that we've ever experienced - ANYWHERE! We have used him 3x - for a wedding reception, a huge "Parade of Lights Party", and most recently for my retirement. Despite a wide age range in each of the audiences, he did the... Read More impossible - He pleased EVERYONE! His music mixes during cocktails, dinner and for dancing set the perfect tone. Everyone danced all evening - even people who don't dance! He's extremely skilled, accommodating, polished, and goes above and beyond - exceeding expectations every time. He doesn't make himself the center of attention, but his music makes the event memorable. My guests even ask me, "Are you using the same DJ you had last time? Fantastic!! He was great!" Beyond being a great DJ, Christian is also an incredible person- always upbeat, considerate, hard-working and fun to work with. Thanks Christian! Already looking forward to the next time!

Reviewed on 8/01/2015

We booked Christian through my wedding planner, Jackie Murphy-Weddings With Insight, and let me tell you he was amazing!!! I was planning a wedding in LA from Hawaii so I never got a chance to actually meet Christian until the day of our wedding (July 25) but I didn't need to... Read More because he totally killed it!!!! He had such great energy! He was an amazing MC! He played all of our requested music and he had the crowd going the whole night! What I particularly liked is he sent us a list of top 200 songs of 2015 to help us pick & choose our favorites & of course add some. I also liked that he continued to take pics of our wedding after the photographers left & sent us a CD. I would definitely recommend Christian for your wedding or next event. Thank you so much Christian for helping to make our dream wedding a reality!

Reviewed on 6/03/2015 Gregory C

When you look up the word "DJ" in the dictionary, one would find the picture of Chris Rasmussen from Afterburn Productions! This is because after our experience with Chris in handling my son & daughter's wedding at Disney, he is truly the Ultimate DJ in the whole world that... Read More epitomizes what a DJ should be... Meticulous, Creative, Dedicated, Upbeat, Thorough, Funny and Truly Captivating! Chris is a true artist and professional at his work. I am in the medical/dental field and I am truly impressed by how he is able to demonstrate his work like a supremely skilled brain surgeon performing a highly critical surgery. Chris is amazing in how he is able to keep track of the entire event and keep the other vendors on schedule with him. He has such mesmerizing emcee skills and knows how to take the "worry" out of the usual wedding jitters that we all have in events such as this. I was SO happy with the way Chris handled our wedding in that I wish that I actually had another daughter that would be getting married just so I could hire Chris again to handle the event. I can't even say enough words that would even be able to praise Chris high enough in a way that I think would truly give him justice. Chris Rasmussen of Afterburn Productions is the most incredibly AMAZING DJ I have ever known!! - Dr Gregory Chew

Reviewed on 6/01/2015 gina c

Chris is the BEST DJ and EMCEE ever and more. You want the wedding you have been planning for a whole year to be PERECT. Chris made it happen Chris is so easy to work with. From your first meeting you already know he is an expert in his profession. He listens to your vision... Read More and then gives incredible suggestions at what works and does not work with regards to timeline of events, music, room set-up, lighting and decor. He mixes and remixes songs for you and even presents you with a CD after your event. Chris infuses so much energy and vitality to the crowd that even an 85 year old guest commented, " She was carried away by the youthful energy and enthusiasm." The guests packed the dance floor till the very last song. They all had such a memorable and FUN time. If you want your wedding to be a BLAST, hire Chris. He is professional, talented, energetic, experienced, reliable, fun, amazing, incredible, awesome.

Reviewed on 5/29/2015

What I loved so much about working with Christian from Afterburn Productions is how unique and special he made the event for me, my husband, and all our guests. Christian really listened to what we wanted and what we envisioned for the Big Day and made it happen - with... Read More style!!! I was SO happy with all the AWESOME music, the lighting, the announcements, and all the FUN he provided! Talk about talent - our guests were laughing, dancing, and having the BEST time the entire night and it’s ALL thanks to Christian! I can tell he has been doing this a long time - He could predict the best way to handle EVERY situation for the wedding and he mixed the music together to accommodate how the guests were feeling. Overall I was just so very impressed that he could take all our many suggestions and ideas and unite everything together in the PERFECT way! Everything ran better than I could have even imagined! Christian was smart, friendly, and accommodating -and really knows what he is doing! He could get people out on the dance floor, made everyone smile, and added so many cute touches that just made the whole event extra extra special! Oh and did I mention he is GREAT to work with? He literally calmed every worry or concern I had and always answered my many e-mails! Our venue also had a time constraint on setting up and he handled it perfectly and got everything set up in a jiffy (and it looked amazing) I’m just so happy we hired Christian! I hope you hire him too!

Reviewed on 5/29/2015 Jonathan C

FANTASTIC. Words cannot accurately describe how incredible Christian from Afterburner Productions is as a DJ. If you or your family are planning a wedding, you should definitely give him a call because he helped bring our wedding to life and made it the most incredible,... Read More unforgettable, memorable night that we will hold near and dear to our hearts for years and years to come. He is extremely professional, organized, talented, experienced and fun. After taking a year to plan our wedding, it was such a relief to finally work with someone who is so knowledgeable and dedicated to his craft. Chris seriously knows his stuff. And that's not all. Not only does he know what music to choose to get the dance floor going, but he's an amazing event planner too. So if you have ANY questions, or concerns, or ideas, you can run them by him and he'll give you the most amazing advice and suggestions back. He rolled with every punch that we threw at him and even turned things around and enhanced the ideas we already had going to make our wedding the most special and unique as humanly possible. After working with so many vendors, Christian was a breath of fresh air, and for all of you planning your wedding, you will be hard pressed to find another vendor like him. He definitely knows what he is doing and will transform your event into a magical place. You can be rest assured that everything will run smoothly because he literally did all the hard work for us and knew how to handle things when they could have been potential problems. We love him, and will always forever be eternally grateful for the night he created for us and our wedding guests. Love, Love, LOVE!!

DJ Razz!

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Melissa Rose d

Christian did an amazing job at our wedding. We discovered him DJ'ing at our friend's wedding and did an amazing job. We knew that with our kind of crowd, he would be even better and boy did he deliver. He was responsive and always catering to our needs. You want to definitely... Read More come to him with what you want and tell him what you want. He's too busy to wait around for you to decide, so come to him with your plans. He's a bit more on the expensive side, BUT he will deliver. He has your back, will work with you, and will put on a performance. I only wish our wedding went on longer so the party could have kept on going

Quality!!

Reviewed on 10/23/2013 sheri b

It is often said, "You get what you pay for". In this case, I got much more than what I paid for. Christian is as good as it gets when it comes to great service and superior quality. I never expected to receive the coordination of all services to be provided by my dj/mc. My... Read More expectations were exceeded and I am thankful for meeting, and having such a great talent at my wedding. The guests and even my other vendors spoke highly of Christian, and his services. Making this choice is one you will be extremely pleased with.

Professionalism and Personality

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

I'd like to start out by saying that overall Christian was an excellent person to work with. I hired Christian to be the DJ for my wedding reception at the Cheesecake Factory in Redondo Beach. The first thing that stood out about Christian was that he responded to emails... Read More and phone calls very quickly and professionally. I vetted about 15 DJ services in my search for a vendor to handle my wedding reception. Christian was one of only a few who got back to me right away. After our first consultation I knew Christian was going to be the right choice. He's very organized and professional yet very animated with personality (something that you should be looking for in someone you're hiring to entertain a large group of people). Christian offered advice and guidance on what music we should consider for different parts of the reception, but was also very open to unusual musical choices and very enthusiastic about our ideas. My wife and I hate clubbing and top 40 dance music, but I immediately found confidence in Christian's ability to interpret our musical tastes and apply them to the dance floor. While some might see the prices and think it's on the high end, keep in mind that they are professional prices and that you really do get what you're paying for. Most importantly, as far as wedding events go, Afterburn Productions is not a "DJ farm" and you will not be booked with a stranger you've never met for the day of your event. Christian handled every aspect of the planning process with us starting from the first consultation all the way up to coordinating the timeline for our reception and finally to the actual day of the event. If you need to book entertainment for a special event and you want to work with someone who is professional, experienced and full of energy I would highly recommend booking a consultation with Afterburn Productions.

You're in Great Hands!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Jackie M

I am a wedding coordinator and had the privilege of working with Christian at a recent at-home wedding. Christian was organized and communicated frequently with me via email and phone leading up to the wedding day, so that we were always on the same page. On the wedding day, he... Read More arrived hours ahead of time to set up his equipment on what was a very hot day (90 degrees!)! Throughout the evening, we checked in with each other frequently to update each other on scheduling and events, and the evening was very smooth as a result. I truly appreciated when Christian also stepped in to help us unpin the elaborate draping for the reception to save time! At one point, the groom's grandparents requested a special song to dance with the bride and groom to before they left, and Christian immediately added the song as the next one to play, which meant a lot to the family. I highly recommend Christian to any couple who wants an organized, charismatic, professional, responsible DJ... I will certainly be referring Christian to other couples I work with... and in fact, already have!

The Best in the West!

Reviewed on 10/01/2013 Monica P

Out of all the DJs and Emcees I researched, I was drawn to Christian because of his previous experience, feedback from clients, and how reasonably priced his services were. When we met with him in person, we were extremely impressed with how detail-oriented, thorough, and... Read More organized he was as we worked together on planning the wedding. He had templates and tools that he used to ensure he had everything covered from beginning to end on the emcee and DJ front. We were also pleased with how knowledgeable he was about various genres of music. He has a library of music that incorporates many different genres and if he doesn't have what you want just tell him and he'll get it for you. A plus was that he was punctual to the in-person meetings we had scheduled and very pleasant to work with at all times. Those wonderful qualities is what led us to select him for our wedding. The services we used were ceremony and reception music along with reception emcee. On the actual wedding day, he was prepared with everything he needed thanks to his communication with the coordinators at the wedding location. He was very high energy, played music everyone enjoyed, politely engaged the guests with directions on what to do next, and made the reception a party we'll never forget. He also kept us on task during the reception to make sure we were doing things (i.e., cutting wedding cake, throwing bouquet, garter toss) according to the timeline we put together. After our wedding, people who attended came back to us weeks later with feedback on what an awesome job Christian did at our wedding.

Such a team player!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Kristina K

Price was very reasonable. He went above and beyond-he arrived early, helped with setting up at our wedding site. He is very organized and also flexible. He had a lot of good suggestions when asked for songs, announcements, etc. He made sure he pronounced names correctly. I... Read More have recommended him several times and each family member and friend has been very happy with his services.

Amazing DJ & MC

Reviewed on 9/27/2013

Christian was an amazing DJ and MC! He was so helpful and friendly. Our guests still talk about him. He has a wonderful music knowledge and professional demeanor. He was very early to our event and prepared. He is flexible and can adapt to any style. The day of our... Read More wedding it poured rain. Our wedding was under a tent, but the tent was not sufficient for the amount of rain that day. Nonetheless, our day was beautiful! I was not stressed. I was calm and so happy! The rain actually created a really warm ambiance throughout the reception. The music had everyone on the dance floor! Christian was helping with anything he could. I really appreciated that he went out of his way to make our day so special. I will definitely book him again for any event we have.

Best DJ ever!

Reviewed on 9/27/2013 Yoshiko O

We hired Christian at Afterburn Productions for our wedding. It was the best decision we made. We met once prior to the wedding and I knew he had the wedding handled. He listened to what we wanted and gave really good suggestions. You could tell he really cared about our wedding... Read More and that he likes what he does for a living and takes pride in it. Christian also took care of the lighting (uplighting/custom monogramed lighting) at our wedding. He created the best ambiance. We met a few other companies too but the decision to use Christian was obvious. Afterburn Productions was very reasonably priced. I suggest anyone getting married to use Christian at Afterburn Productions. You will not regret it.

an EmCee and DJ that delivers

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Nicole C

I got married in April 2010. I spoke with 6 DJ/emcee's in and around LA. Oddly, I did not feel reassured that they could handle running the show. Christian was the first one to be affordable but not cheap, and tell us he had it handled. He did for sure. His interview with us... Read More plus the info we filled out really helped. He led the whole day with ease, stuck to the schedule & delivered. Great guy, totally reliable, fun & professional.

Amazing professional and DJ extraordinaire!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Diane G

Christian is amazing and is so talented at what he does! Christian was our DJ/Emcee for my wedding on 9/3/2011, and helped make the day even more perfect due to his attention to detail and professionalism. From our 1st meeting, Christian was high-energy, enthusiastic and gave... Read More us good ideas and suggestions for the event. He does much more than "spin records" - Christian created the timeline for the entire day, provided the music for the ceremony and reception, set up "uplighting" in the ballroom, ran a slideshow we created, as well as, acted as Emcee for the night and kept everything on schedule! He normally has an assistant to help, but he was sick so Christian did it all himself!! I would highly recommend Christian for any type of event, especially a wedding.

The God of Music

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 Angela S

So I had what we can call "My Big Fat Italian Wedding" - visualize 3 generations of two families mixed with a bunch of hipster filmmakers in Los Angeles and that about sums up our group. Christian kept control of the show despite some crazy uncles trying to make silly requests... Read More -he had people dancing for almost 4 hours straight. Prior to the wedding, he was on time for all of our appointments, was willing to organize our music (we had a myriad of guests from all over the world -our themes were big band, salsa, and even punk)-Christian created an incredible lighting system -I would be happy to share images if anyone wants to see the finished product of our dance floor and dinner party. On the day of, he arrived early and stayed late. I hired Christian again for another big party last winter and he did an amazing job. He was one of my favorite vendors from my wedding and I truly consider him a friend at this point. He loves music and he is the consummate professional dj. While the wedding industry can be filled with cheesy flakes, Christian is a total diamond. Did I mention he took over 100 photos during reception, including my favorite wedding photo? Yeah, thumbs way way up.

If You're Looking for a DJ, Look No Further!

Reviewed on 9/26/2013 VERONICA W

Christian from Afterburn Productions is the man! Christian was the first DJ we interviewed in our search for a wedding DJ, and he was our last. Look no further he's the best!! He's a man of many hats; DJ, wedding coordinator, custodian, you name it he does it. Christian... Read More helped us pick out our music, he had us outline the time of events and he kept everyone on schedule, and he wants your day to be perfect more than you do! After our wedding, we attended a friends wedding who also hired Christian, it was a rainy day, water started dripping under the tents causing puddles down the runway. Christian was out there w/ a mop trying to clean it up. Unbelievable! He truly is a special person and you won't be disappointed hiring Christian. He's not just a DJ, he's now a friend!

Christian the DJ

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Michelle M

He is honestly the most amazing DJ ever! I've been to about 10 weddings in the past 2 years and no other DJ compares to him. My two older sisters had him as their DJ and so am I. He really pumps up your guests and is super energetic. He is really organized and sticks to a... Read More schedule that you provide him. I highly highly recommend him!

New Years Eve Wedding

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Elizabeth A

Christian is top shelf. The best that it gets on every level. We feel very lucky to have had him run our music, lighting and flow of our wedding.

Excellent DJ!!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2013 Yung W

Our wedding took place on June 9th, so I have very vivid and fresh memories of it. Christian made this day extra special. The music he played was just perfect for all of our guests. He went above and beyond of what we agreed on. He came super early and was extremely prepared.... Read More The lightning he set up for us was a big surprise! Sort of a gift from him. It was beautiful and complimented our venue so well. Christian is a professional DJ. He knows how to make a wedding unforgettable and get people on the dance floor.We highly recommend him for any important event you may have. Definitely a reliable, professional and pleasant to work with DJ.

Best DJ ever

Reviewed on 8/22/2013 lindsey g

My husband and I got married August 11th and Christian was our DJ. I live in minnesota so my dad and stepmom found and interviewed Christian for me. They said when they met him he would be the perfect DJ for me and my Husband and they could not have been more right! He was such... Read More a delight to work with. He made the whole process super easy and nailed it! I gave him a few band suggestions and a few songs I wanted to hear and he came up with the best playlist. Our wedding happened to be one of the hottest days of the year but everyone had a great time burning their feet on the dance floor. After the wedding Christian mailed us a sweet thank you card, a burned copy of all our music and a cd of pictures he took at the wedding. He is the BEST and i completely recommend him to anyone.