Non-Religious Ceremony

Secular

Long Beach, CA
Serving all of California

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Angelica K

Sasha was amazing. I cannot say enough good things about her. Everything about the whole process was so easy and seamless, and she really made my wedding as heartfelt and meaningful as we could have ever dreamed it to be. My now-husband actually "found" her because he used to... Read More be a wedding photographer/videographer. You can imagine how many ceremonies he was used to seeing. But out of all the weddings he's attended, the only one that he could remember, and the only one that really made a lasting impact on him was the ceremony that Sasha officiated. So of course, once we got engaged, he had to track her down! When we booked Sasha, we met with her in her lovely home, and went through The Book. The Book had a whole bunch of different verses and passages that we could circle, X-out, edit and scribble on, based on what we liked and didn't like. Then, she wove it into a unique, custom ceremony based on our preferences. And it made for such a lovely ceremony. We wrote our own vows and Sasha was helpful there too! She made sure ours jived length- and tone-wise. So many people came up to us, even weeks after the wedding, telling us how wonderful it was, and even asking if we could share a copy of the ceremony because it was so lovely and meaningful. Thank you, Sasha, we had the wedding of our dreams and you made the most important part of it so perfect.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016 Yvonne P

Your officiant is of course a crucial aspect of your big day. My wife & I were elated to have found Sasha from Agnostic Weddings. She was, without a doubt, a pleasure to work with and just a cool person. She made us feel comfortable, helped calm us before the ceremony, and even... Read More helped us get ready and our flower girl with her crown. Thank you Sasha for enduring the extreme heat on the day of the wedding to be part of one of the best days of our lives. Without question we recommend Agnostic Weddings to everyone. Yvonne & Jill

Reviewed on 3/28/2016 Samantha G

Sasha was the perfect choice as our officiant! I loved that we actually got to choose all that was said in the ceremony and not have someone else put in their unrelated quotes or comments or go on a tirade about how marriage is so hard. We weighed in on what we were "allergic"... Read More to and what tone we wanted to have set for the ceremony. Although her business is labeled as agnostic she has spiritually inspired words. Her words came off as sweet and encouraging to us throughout the entire ceremony and she was the most helpful guide throughout the entire process. Sasha's experience and knowledge is unsurpassed and I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Rachael Y

My SO and I are long-distance, and immigration is a factor in our relationship because we are from different countries. Sasha happily worked with us and our unique situation to create a beautiful ceremony that honored our story and where we are at in our journey together. She... Read More was absolutely wonderful, and we can't imagine anyone else would have made our ceremony as perfect as she did. We honestly can't recommend her highly enough!

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Rachael Y

Amazing Officiant!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Melanie W

My husband and I got married on 7.25.15 and were looking for someone who could perform a non-religious ceremony for us and Agnostic Weddings was just what we needed. We first met with Sasha at her office and hit it off from the start. She listened to what we wanted and... Read More walked us through an entire book of options for our ceremony. Right there, we were able to put together a program that was exactly what we wanted and felt totally customized to us. My husband and I both come from Christian families with strong opinions on having a religious ceremony. Sasha did such a great job that not only were our parents pleased, but one of our guests (a Bishop!) came up to us to tell us how wonderful the ceremony was. She arrived before the ceremony to work with our day-of-coordinator, MC and photographer to make sure everything ran smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything. She printed the whole script including our vows in a book so we didn't need to memorize anything. After the ceremony, she gave us the book as a keepsake of our wedding. We cannot recommend Sasha and Agnostic Weddings enough!

Officiant and superwoman

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Stacie P

We used Sasha for our wedding in April and she was amazing. My husband is a Athiest, I am agnostic and our families are largely Christian, so this seemed like the perfect fit. After meeting Sasha for the first time I knew we had found who would perform our ceremony. Prior to the... Read More wedding she was quick and responsive to all our emails, and questions. She was excellent in walking us through the ceremony creation process and it turned out beautiful. Prior to the ceremony she went above and beyond helping the men pin on their boutineers, drying off the bridesmaids bouquets, talking with the ring barriers, having Kleenex on hand and walking us through everything during our ceremony. She was clear in her speech and everyone loved our ceremony and asked where We found her. We couldn't be happier with my choice to go with Sasha for our wedding day.

Best wedding officiant in all of California!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Dianne A

From the first time we met up with Sasha to discuss what we wanted for our wedding, we knew in an instant that we just had to have her as our wedding officiant! Sasha just has a way of making you feel very comfortable and it was very easy to connect with her. You can also... Read More tell that she sincerely wants the best for your ceremony and made the whole initial steps very easy to take in figuring out what we want for our wedding. She's also very professional and goes above and beyond. She was very patient when there were lulls in communication on our part (running around and planning a wedding can get overwhelming for brides as you all know), and was very helpful and prompt in answering questions. She also wrote a beautiful ceremony script that has just the right amount of duration---not too long, not too short, and one that truly reflects our love and our personality. She also helped make sure that the wedding vows that my wife and I wrote go together without giving away any of the content of what the other wrote, and we didn't even have to worry about where to put our vows because they're included in this small book that has our ceremony's script and vows in it, which she gave to us as a keepsake. How awesome is that? She also arrived an hour early to make sure that the string quartet know when to start playing music for particular parts, and she collaborated with the photographers and videographers as well to make sure that taking shots and videos will go smoothly and they'll know what to expect beforehand, which I think is awesome and I never would have expected for an officiant to care about, but Sasha is definitely a super woman! I definitely highly recommend Sasha to anyone who's getting married!!! Thank you so much for sharing our special day with us, Sasha!!

Beautiful and Personal Ceremony

Reviewed on 5/06/2014 Kolleen H

Sasha was the perfect choice for our wedding. We customized a ceremony based on her extensive book of suggestions, and it came out beautifully. I don't think most people even noticed that we never included a prayer or mention of God! We love the printed booklet of our vows; it... Read More will become a cherished memento. Sasha is also just a cool, down-to-earth person, just the type of person you want around you on your crazy wedding day. Highly recommended.

Our ceremony fit us perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Jen C

We can't thank Sasha enough. She was the best choice for our wedding officiant. She tailor wrote our ceremony to fit exactly what we wanted to say. She is intuitive and has such a great calming and effortless vibe. This was not only needed in the planning process but really... Read More helped us both the day of. Many guests commented how great she was. She captured the moment perfectly. We both wrote our own vows, which were a surprise to each other. She really helped me in the writing of mine, even if just in support and to say your vows are what you want to say, there is no right or wrong. Choosing an officiant for your wedding is more of a big deal than I thought, and I'm really glad we chose Sasha.

Wonderfully attentive, beautiful setting

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Gloria B

Sasha was our officiant and we are so incredibly happy with the way things went. I knew I wanted a secular wedding that still felt somewhat traditional, that still gave honor and reverence to the ceremony. I found Sasha online and explained to her that we are an interfaith... Read More couple to confirm that she would be okay to marry us -- some officiants refuse such couples. She was more than happy to, and explained to me a little about her style and philosophy, and I was very at-ease immediately. She definitely comes across as the type of person who deeply cares for those around her, is lighthearted simultaneously, and has a deep understanding of the joys of life. We met with her for 2 hours initially to go over the nuts and bolts of the ceremony, after she got to know us some more, and then she was able to turn a draft back to us for revision -- and just as she had said, we had very little to change, as the words were very much ours and felt like us, but written by someone who is better with words than we are. We asked her to add some humor, however, to lighten the pace, and at the last minute she was able to throw some in based on us giving her some trivia about ourselves. Honestly, it could not have been better, and the timing, delivery, interaction, communication, and even knowing it was coming from such a wonderfully in-touch person meant so much to us -- in the end she not only exceeded our expectations, I would say that she went way beyond. She even had some quotes from Madeleine L'Engle and the Great Orator, Robert Ingersoll, and also Walt Whitman.

fabulous!

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Erica R

Sasha is an amazing officiant!!! In addition to allowing us to personalize the ceremony as we saw fit (which was a non-negotiable for us), she delivered a beautiful ceremony in her own signature style and delighted our guests. We had several guests tell us how great she was... Read More (not to mention our caterers, who had run into her at a wedding the previous day!). Although we wanted a secular ceremony for ourselves, we also wanted to honor our families by incorporating certain religious and cultural traditions into the ceremony. Sasha made this happen seamlessly, without invoking the spirit of the earth mother or any such thing (not our cup of tea, but she can certainly accommodate if that's what you want!). If you're looking for an officiant who will fade into the background, then Sasha may not be for you. But if you're looking for someone who can deliver a ceremony that is a perfect representation of your (slightly goofy/offbeat) personalities and aesthetic, then look no further...Sasha is the one!!! Oh yeah, and she's affordable too.

Amazing experience!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Melanie K

Sasha was the first thing my husband and I were absolutely certain about with our wedding (besides each other!). When we met her in person, she only further confirmed what we already knew about her from her website - she is a warm, funny, and eloquent person who you will be... Read More lucky to have at your wedding! The process of planning our ceremony was so much fun, and seeing it come to life exactly as we envisioned it was magical. You can't go wrong with her!

Best Officiant Ever!

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Holly W

Sasha did a brilliant job with our vows and our ceremony. She was super nice and easy to work with. We worked with her to decide what things we wanted in the ceremony script and anything we didn't. She crafted us a beautiful script completely unique to our relationship. She was... Read More professional and looked nice in all our photos. True to form there was no mention of religion or anything along those lines- we were there to celebrate our love and devotion to each other and that was it. Her communication via email was sometimes delayed and I had to follow up a little bit. Other than that we were very happy with her service and would highly recommend her.

A perfectly beautiful ceremony

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Dylan M

We were recently married by Sasha @ Agnostic Weddings and could not have been more pleased. From our first meeting until our good-bye at the wedding, Sasha was there to hold our hand and get us through the big day. She had wonderful suggestions and calm words to ease our... Read More minds. We were searching for a non-religious officiant who still understood the value of our love and need for a ceremony. We found that in Sasha. We were able to incorporate some Irish wedding traditions into the ceremony as well as the amazing words themselves. Our friends and family, both religious and not could not stop raving about how beautiful the ceremony was and how they had tears in their eyes. I cannot begin to write a review worthy enough of the praise this woman deserves as we were truly honored to have her marry us!

5 Stars All Around!

Reviewed on 6/17/2012 Lisa T

I couldn't wait to tell Sasha what an absolutely amazing job she did in our wedding ceremony, so I emailed her first thing the morning after my wedding! We had so many compliments on how wonderful our officiant was - not something many weddings get. She was especially noticed... Read More for smiling throughout the entire ceremony and looks so photogenic in all our photos. What our guests and vendors didn't know was what a fantastic job Sasha did of putting everything together before behind the scenes. Sasha is incredibly organized (she won't be asking last-minute questions the day of your wedding, like some of our other vendors!) and has such a great understanding of what makes a memorable ceremony. She was also so excited and enthusiastic about putting a "personal touch" in our wedding by reading from a children's book my husband and I love. This little secret integrated seamlessly into the ceremony reading and everybody loved it! It wouldn't have come together so perfectly without Sasha's commitment and care. I can't say enough wonderful things about Sasha. She is more than perfect for your non-denominational wedding, if you are looking for something that's spiritual and fun.

Absolutely the best ceremony ever!

Reviewed on 11/05/2011 Rosie C

My husband and I had the hardest time finding an officiant that would fit our style and way of thinking. We were brushed off by a few others and were ready to give up when we happened upon Sasha. We filled out a request form and she called us that same night to talk to us. We... Read More instantly bonded over the phone and our personalities just meshed, it was meant to be! She penciled us in her book until we were able to meet in person so that our date would not book up. We met at her home to go over details of the ceremony. She had binders full of ceremony ideas and we were able to pick and choose, add and take out things as we pleased, make it ours in other words. She put everything together and emailed us what our ceremony would entail. My husband and I wrote our own vows and she reviewed them and added them to the ceremony noting that they were perfect. She also attended our rehearsal at the wedding venue and went over last minute details with us and our family. Our wedding ceremony was absolutely amazing and we could not have asked for more! All of our guests had nothing but good things to say about Sasha and were very complimentary about how beautiful the ceremony was. The best part is keeping the complied ceremony book! Sasha is very professional, personable and the most amazing officiant ever! I would definitely recommend her to anyone! Thanks so much! -Keith and Rosie Dennis

Best Choice Ever!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Elana A

I recently served as a matron of honor in a dear friend's wedding. Sasha officiated the ceremony; the bride, the groom, the wedding party, and all of the guests both laughed and teared up during the ceremony. Not only was the ceremony itself fantastic, but Sasha's calming... Read More presence before the ceremony got us all organized and off on the right foot. There was no stress, no drama, and a wonderful sense that she really knew what she was doing, and that she really did care about the couple.

Sasha is the best!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Megan J

Sasha Rusk was our wedding officiant for our 9/10/11. We booked her early because of our date and we really liked her views on the ceremony process. She had guidelines to go by for how we wanted our ceremony to go(like vows and sand ceremony) and we just picked which ones we... Read More liked. She was so on top of everything and made us feel so at ease with everything. She's hilarious and so easy going. She called me a month or 2 before just to make sure we are okay and if we ever had any questions to call her no matter what. The ceremony was absolutely gorgeous and she spoke so clearly and no one ever had a problem not being able to hear her. After the wedding, everyone kept telling me how cool she was and the best officiant they have ever seen. She mailed out our license right away and everything was taken care of. I would 100% recommend Sasha and will be telling EVERYONE I know to use her services. Thanks Sasha! YOU ROCK!!!

Beautiful inside and out!

Reviewed on 10/24/2011 Alexis A

Sasha is such an incredible human being and is absolutely spectacular at what she does. She officiated my wedding this past August and I can't tell you how many people came up to us afterward to comment on how our vows spoke to them and how amazing Sasha was. She brought a... Read More creative and calming energy from the very start of creating our vows to the final 'I Do'. I would renew m vows every year just to have Sasha there!

Evocative presence

Reviewed on 8/02/2011 Amanda B

We were so happy with our ceremony that Sasha performed. We got several compliments on her calm, soothing presence and how much she added to the ceremony. We wanted something completely unique, and not generic, expected or overly flowery in any way. We had an honest script, of... Read More what marriage really meant to us and not some canned version you hear all the time. The groom and I both wrote our own vows and between the vows and the ceremony script we had the whole crowd in tears...in a good way! Use her, she's wonderful. She'll make your wedding day just what you want it to be.

Bueatiful Ceremony

Reviewed on 5/15/2011 Rory I

I had SO many guests comment on the ceremony and ask who the officiant was. It was spiritual without being religous, and frankly, I don't think of of religous guests even noticed.

Personable

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Yolanda D

I was there to witness Sasha officiate my sister-in-law's wedding. She made the ceremony very personable. There wasn't a dry eye in sight. She was very professional and cared deeply about the happy couple having a perfect day. I told my husband Sasha will be renewing our vows at... Read More our 10 year anniversary.

Beautiful Ceremony

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Cindy S

I was a guest at a wedding that Sasha officiated at a few years ago and it was beautiful. What stands out to me was how she touched the bride, the groom and their family members who know them best and made their ceremony about them. I could see by the look in their eyes that... Read More everything said was perfect and just what they wanted for such a special occassion. Sasha did a wonderful job and I would recommend her to anyone reading this review.

Exceedingly Good!

Reviewed on 12/03/2010 Annika E

Wedding officiants seem to be one of those things that many people can do acceptably but very few can do exceedingly well. Sasha Rusk is one of those few, however. The wedding day is no small pressure to place on the hands of the officiant. They are, after all, the ring... Read More master at the center of the three-ring circus. The bride and groom have spent months, sometimes years preparing for this brief moment together. To them, this is everything. And watching Sasha Rusk perform her ceremony I can see that she understands that. She is comfortable, personable, empathetic, sincere, and as perfect as you could hope for.