Agnostic Weddings

Secular

Long Beach, CA
Serving all of California

Reviewed on 11/15/2015 Rachael Y

My SO and I are long-distance, and immigration is a factor in our relationship because we are from different countries. Sasha happily worked with us and our unique situation to create a beautiful ceremony that honored our story and where we are at in our journey together. She... Read More was absolutely wonderful, and we can't imagine anyone else would have made our ceremony as perfect as she did. We honestly can't recommend her highly enough!

Amazing Officiant!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Melanie W

My husband and I got married on 7.25.15 and were looking for someone who could perform a non-religious ceremony for us and Agnostic Weddings was just what we needed. We first met with Sasha at her office and hit it off from the start. She listened to what we wanted and... Read More walked us through an entire book of options for our ceremony. Right there, we were able to put together a program that was exactly what we wanted and felt totally customized to us. My husband and I both come from Christian families with strong opinions on having a religious ceremony. Sasha did such a great job that not only were our parents pleased, but one of our guests (a Bishop!) came up to us to tell us how wonderful the ceremony was. She arrived before the ceremony to work with our day-of-coordinator, MC and photographer to make sure everything ran smoothly. We didn't have to worry about anything. She printed the whole script including our vows in a book so we didn't need to memorize anything. After the ceremony, she gave us the book as a keepsake of our wedding. We cannot recommend Sasha and Agnostic Weddings enough!

Officiant and superwoman

Reviewed on 5/05/2015 Stacie P

We used Sasha for our wedding in April and she was amazing. My husband is a Athiest, I am agnostic and our families are largely Christian, so this seemed like the perfect fit. After meeting Sasha for the first time I knew we had found who would perform our ceremony. Prior to the... Read More wedding she was quick and responsive to all our emails, and questions. She was excellent in walking us through the ceremony creation process and it turned out beautiful. Prior to the ceremony she went above and beyond helping the men pin on their boutineers, drying off the bridesmaids bouquets, talking with the ring barriers, having Kleenex on hand and walking us through everything during our ceremony. She was clear in her speech and everyone loved our ceremony and asked where We found her. We couldn't be happier with my choice to go with Sasha for our wedding day.

Best wedding officiant in all of California!!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2014 Dianne A

From the first time we met up with Sasha to discuss what we wanted for our wedding, we knew in an instant that we just had to have her as our wedding officiant! Sasha just has a way of making you feel very comfortable and it was very easy to connect with her. You can also... Read More tell that she sincerely wants the best for your ceremony and made the whole initial steps very easy to take in figuring out what we want for our wedding. She's also very professional and goes above and beyond. She was very patient when there were lulls in communication on our part (running around and planning a wedding can get overwhelming for brides as you all know), and was very helpful and prompt in answering questions. She also wrote a beautiful ceremony script that has just the right amount of duration---not too long, not too short, and one that truly reflects our love and our personality. She also helped make sure that the wedding vows that my wife and I wrote go together without giving away any of the content of what the other wrote, and we didn't even have to worry about where to put our vows because they're included in this small book that has our ceremony's script and vows in it, which she gave to us as a keepsake. How awesome is that? She also arrived an hour early to make sure that the string quartet know when to start playing music for particular parts, and she collaborated with the photographers and videographers as well to make sure that taking shots and videos will go smoothly and they'll know what to expect beforehand, which I think is awesome and I never would have expected for an officiant to care about, but Sasha is definitely a super woman! I definitely highly recommend Sasha to anyone who's getting married!!! Thank you so much for sharing our special day with us, Sasha!!

Our ceremony fit us perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Jen C

We can't thank Sasha enough. She was the best choice for our wedding officiant. She tailor wrote our ceremony to fit exactly what we wanted to say. She is intuitive and has such a great calming and effortless vibe. This was not only needed in the planning process but really... Read More helped us both the day of. Many guests commented how great she was. She captured the moment perfectly. We both wrote our own vows, which were a surprise to each other. She really helped me in the writing of mine, even if just in support and to say your vows are what you want to say, there is no right or wrong. Choosing an officiant for your wedding is more of a big deal than I thought, and I'm really glad we chose Sasha.

Wonderfully attentive, beautiful setting

Reviewed on 9/18/2013 Gloria B

Sasha was our officiant and we are so incredibly happy with the way things went. I knew I wanted a secular wedding that still felt somewhat traditional, that still gave honor and reverence to the ceremony. I found Sasha online and explained to her that we are an interfaith... Read More couple to confirm that she would be okay to marry us -- some officiants refuse such couples. She was more than happy to, and explained to me a little about her style and philosophy, and I was very at-ease immediately. She definitely comes across as the type of person who deeply cares for those around her, is lighthearted simultaneously, and has a deep understanding of the joys of life. We met with her for 2 hours initially to go over the nuts and bolts of the ceremony, after she got to know us some more, and then she was able to turn a draft back to us for revision -- and just as she had said, we had very little to change, as the words were very much ours and felt like us, but written by someone who is better with words than we are. We asked her to add some humor, however, to lighten the pace, and at the last minute she was able to throw some in based on us giving her some trivia about ourselves. Honestly, it could not have been better, and the timing, delivery, interaction, communication, and even knowing it was coming from such a wonderfully in-touch person meant so much to us -- in the end she not only exceeded our expectations, I would say that she went way beyond. She even had some quotes from Madeleine L'Engle and the Great Orator, Robert Ingersoll, and also Walt Whitman.

fabulous!

Reviewed on 7/14/2013 Erica R

Sasha is an amazing officiant!!! In addition to allowing us to personalize the ceremony as we saw fit (which was a non-negotiable for us), she delivered a beautiful ceremony in her own signature style and delighted our guests. We had several guests tell us how great she was... Read More (not to mention our caterers, who had run into her at a wedding the previous day!). Although we wanted a secular ceremony for ourselves, we also wanted to honor our families by incorporating certain religious and cultural traditions into the ceremony. Sasha made this happen seamlessly, without invoking the spirit of the earth mother or any such thing (not our cup of tea, but she can certainly accommodate if that's what you want!). If you're looking for an officiant who will fade into the background, then Sasha may not be for you. But if you're looking for someone who can deliver a ceremony that is a perfect representation of your (slightly goofy/offbeat) personalities and aesthetic, then look no further...Sasha is the one!!! Oh yeah, and she's affordable too.

Amazing experience!!

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Melanie K

Sasha was the first thing my husband and I were absolutely certain about with our wedding (besides each other!). When we met her in person, she only further confirmed what we already knew about her from her website - she is a warm, funny, and eloquent person who you will be... Read More lucky to have at your wedding! The process of planning our ceremony was so much fun, and seeing it come to life exactly as we envisioned it was magical. You can't go wrong with her!

Best Officiant Ever!

Reviewed on 5/21/2013 Holly W

Sasha did a brilliant job with our vows and our ceremony. She was super nice and easy to work with. We worked with her to decide what things we wanted in the ceremony script and anything we didn't. She crafted us a beautiful script completely unique to our relationship. She was... Read More professional and looked nice in all our photos. True to form there was no mention of religion or anything along those lines- we were there to celebrate our love and devotion to each other and that was it. Her communication via email was sometimes delayed and I had to follow up a little bit. Other than that we were very happy with her service and would highly recommend her.

A perfectly beautiful ceremony

Reviewed on 5/07/2013 Dylan M

We were recently married by Sasha @ Agnostic Weddings and could not have been more pleased. From our first meeting until our good-bye at the wedding, Sasha was there to hold our hand and get us through the big day. She had wonderful suggestions and calm words to ease our... Read More minds. We were searching for a non-religious officiant who still understood the value of our love and need for a ceremony. We found that in Sasha. We were able to incorporate some Irish wedding traditions into the ceremony as well as the amazing words themselves. Our friends and family, both religious and not could not stop raving about how beautiful the ceremony was and how they had tears in their eyes. I cannot begin to write a review worthy enough of the praise this woman deserves as we were truly honored to have her marry us!

5 Stars All Around!

Reviewed on 6/17/2012 Lisa T

I couldn't wait to tell Sasha what an absolutely amazing job she did in our wedding ceremony, so I emailed her first thing the morning after my wedding! We had so many compliments on how wonderful our officiant was - not something many weddings get. She was especially noticed... Read More for smiling throughout the entire ceremony and looks so photogenic in all our photos. What our guests and vendors didn't know was what a fantastic job Sasha did of putting everything together before behind the scenes. Sasha is incredibly organized (she won't be asking last-minute questions the day of your wedding, like some of our other vendors!) and has such a great understanding of what makes a memorable ceremony. She was also so excited and enthusiastic about putting a "personal touch" in our wedding by reading from a children's book my husband and I love. This little secret integrated seamlessly into the ceremony reading and everybody loved it! It wouldn't have come together so perfectly without Sasha's commitment and care. I can't say enough wonderful things about Sasha. She is more than perfect for your non-denominational wedding, if you are looking for something that's spiritual and fun.