Ambrosia Catering of KC

Ambrosia Catering will customize your wedding menu especially for you! Check out our website for some ideas! We can create a menu that is uniquely you!

American, Chinese, French, Italian, Latin American, Seafood

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Sugar Free, Vegan, Vegetarian

Buffet, Catering Clean Up, Catering Delivery + Setup, Chef Stations, Family Style, Food Trucks, Menu Tastings, Passed Appetizers, Seated Meal, Servers, Food + Catering, Service Staff

8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

7933 Marty, Overland Park , KS (913) 499-0777

Reviewed on 5/18/2017 Kristi D

Coleen and Rich with Ambrosia were an absolute godsend for us. After having our original cater called 3-4 months before our wedding to explain that they couldn't do our wedding anymore, we were informed that Ambrosia would take over our original contract that we had set up with... Read More our first caterer. We could not have been more at ease knowing that Ambrosia would be taking over and handling our wedding day. Coleen was very on top of our contract and chef worked so hard to recreate the menu we originally selected (which, by the way, the food was absolutely amazing and everything we could have hoped for!). They were so easy to work with and everything turned out exactly as we had planned. They were on time, friendly, and very professional. We received so many compliments from guests about the food and wait staff, which is a true testament to how fantastic Coleen and Rich are at Ambrosia. Highly recommended to brides- they made the wedding planning process so easy and enjoyable and were very prompt with responses and quick to help out with any questions you may have.

2017-06-06T17:33:54 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! We were glad that we could help out and make your day as stress free as possible

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Brenna M

Ambrosia Catering was a great company to work with. We had our reception at the Pavilion 75 Event Space, so the food was prepared there which made things so much easier. The food is delicious and they were able to accommodate any nutritional need (gluten free, vegan, allergies,... Read More etc.). The Chef is so kind and make your desires come to life!

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Dakkota D

Colleen was such a joy to work with. Our food was AMAZING and I didn't have to worry about anything! We had a pasta bar and it was TO DIE FOR!! We got so many compliments on how fantastic our food was. The staff was professional and so easy to work with! I highly recommend... Read More Ambrosia Catering for any event or wedding!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Sarah N

Ambrosia Catering saved our wedding. We had a vendor fall through and they graciously took us on as a client last minute. They went out of their way to make a menu that we had agreed upon with our last vendor and exceeded expectations. Along with that, many of our guests were... Read More gluten free and they helped make the menu adhere to those restrictions without losing the quality of taste. I received many compliments on the food at my event. Ambrosia Catering is an exceptional choice and they made it possible for me to worry about one less thing on my big day. They were absolutely phenomenal!

2017-11-02T19:10:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! I am glad that we could jump in and help! I'm also glad that you were happy with the quality of the food! Chef Rich loves his job and it shows in his food!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Luke W

They did a tremendous job at our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier. This is an amazing catering company; they are extremely profession, very organized, and best of all have amazing food. We never had to worry about the food not being prepared correctly or if they... Read More would be ready on time. Coleen was great to work with, and was very easy to get a hold of. She made sure everything that we wanted was there. You will not be disappointed with their service.

2017-11-02T19:12:05 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your review! We strive to make your day as wonderful as you imagined it to be!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Megan M

WOW! Ambrosia Catering could not have provided a better experience for us! With our original caterer informing us with only just months to go before the wedding that they would not be able to cater for us, Ambrosia Catering stepped in and took over with flying colors!!! They... Read More were super easy to work with and the food was amazing! They worked hard to recreate our original menu and it was superb, wedding guests gave us so many compliments on how good the food was. :) I would recommend them to anyone!

2017-11-02T19:14:34 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy that we could step in and help you out with your wedding. We try to make every wedding stress free so that you and your new hubby can relax and enjoy the moment

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Maigan B

We had the opportunity to work with Ambrosia Catering for our wedding this past month. We had a unique menu; brunch food with chicken and waffles sliders. Chef definitely delivered! All of our guests were raving about how great the food was! We were really excited to work with... Read More a catering company who was willing to do something outside the box and not hold us to a certain set menu. There was somewhat of a delay when it came to email correspondence but at the end of the day we had a really positive experience!

2017-11-02T19:16:12 Response from the vendor

Hi M! Thank you for the review. I am glad that everyone enjoyed our food! It was fun to create something so unique and different! I am sorry that there was some delay in responding, but I am hoping I have that rectified now! Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Jeremy M

We chose this caterer at the last minute because the original plans fell through. If I would have known the quality of the food and service I was going to get, they would have been my first choice. Even with the short notice that Ambrosia Catering was given for my wedding,... Read More they went above and beyond to make accommodations for what I was looking for. All of the guests were raving about the food that was provided for the rehearsal dinner (food truck in the park) and reception (buffet). I highly recommend Ambrosia Catering for any event and hope to use their services in the future. The food and service was amazing which help make the wedding that much easier.

2017-11-02T19:19:11 Response from the vendor

Hi J! While I am sorry that your original plans fell through, I'm so happy we could help you out! The food truck is always a fun touch! I'm glad that you enjoyed the food! Chef Rich wanted to make everything perfect for you and... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Vanessa M

This is the 2nd time we have used Ambrosia Catering and both times the food and service has been outstanding. They go above and beyond to ensure your event and food is nothing but spectacular. This last event was for my mother in law's 60th surprise party and we used their... Read More venue, Pavilion 75 along with Ambrosia Catering. What a great combo! Staff from Pavilion 75 and Ambrosia worked together to ensure our evening was perfect. Thank you Coleen and Rich for your hard work and for your love of the industry. It shows and you will always be our first choice. Vanessa and Buddy McEachron

2017-11-02T19:22:13 Response from the vendor

Hi V! It's such a compliment to Chef and I to have clients come back! I'm glad that you enjoyed the Pavilion 75 Event Space! I think everyone had a great time that night! I look forward to working with you on more events! :)... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 9/19/2017 Angie S

Ambrosia Catering catered many events for me including my rehearsal dinner. Chef Rich and Coleen really took the time to figure out exactly what would make my day special as well as easy! I highly recommend them to any friends, family or even strangers because I know the... Read More amazing work they do!

2017-11-02T19:23:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We really try to build relationships and not just make an event a "sale" We want to celebrate with you on as many events as we can!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Nikki P

One of the main things I was excited about for our wedding was the food; however, when we talked to various caterers they all seemed to either make generic wedding food, which we were tired of, or they were completely out of our budget. When we met Ambrosia at a bridal show... Read More with their foodtruck, we knew they were different. We wanted a foodtruck with catering qualities and they delivered at a great price. Their foodtruck was a HIT with the guests. They loved their tacos, especially the veggie one, and the nacho bar was amazing! Such a great staff as well. I cannot praise them enough. Thanks for making the evening memorable.

2017-11-02T19:25:51 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your review! We really like to customize your menu whenever we can. We are not bound to the menus on our webpage, but use them as a starting point to create a menu as unique as your wedding! Of course,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/18/2017 Christina K

When our former caterer said they were giving their contracts to a different caterer, we were nervous. However, after meeting Coleen and Rich we were excited to work with Ambrosia! They made sure every detail was correct and what we wanted. When we did our food tasting, Rich... Read More came out and discussed our menu and each food item. The day of the wedding, the staff was friendly, professional, and efficient. The food was delicious and we received many compliments from our guests! Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Anna I

Great food, great price!! One of the main reasons we selected this vendor for our catering was how personable they were and how easy they were to work with. Everything was done to perfection and the menu was customized to our specifications without a problem. LOTS of compliments... Read More on the food. We did appetizers and a full buffet with options for everyone. If you use Ambrosia, you won't regret it!

2017-06-06T17:35:46 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review. At Ambrosia, we pride ourselves on being flexible and being able to customize a menu specifically for you! Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 David W

What can I say? Down to the wire lat-minute changes with guests dropping out, Ambrosia Catering were flexible to change their service and pricing. While my bride and I waited backstage at Liberty Hall, I could see and hear the leaders give the servers their marching orders about... Read More being professional and courteous. They took the execution of our wedding very seriously and that was comforting to us. During the wedding, they were very professional and discrete. They made sure all the guests were fed and filled with champagne but made sure to stay our of camera sight. When we cut the cake, they waited in the wings for my eye signal to come out to serve the cake. I wish I had more time to eat the delicious fried chicken we had ordered. At the end, Liberty Hall told me "we've had over 200 weddings here and the caterers were the best that we have ever seen." I'm glad we got you for our catering. Thank you.

2017-06-06T17:39:12 Response from the vendor

Hi D & M, Thank you for the great review! I'm glad the venue was pleased with us as well! We want this day to be as stress free as possible, so we try to be as flexible as we can! Thank you for choosing... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Kelsey K

We got married a little over a month ago! We had Ambrosia serve the appetizers during our reception of the cocktail hour portion of the night. Overall, they did a really great job. In our pre-meetings they even came up with food that would be unique to us. Mac n' cheese balls -... Read More heck yes! The food tasted wonderful and they had enough staff for our larger guest count. I also checked out a lot of caterers for our wedding and their pricing was the best for what they offered. The one thing that really drove me nuts is that they were late. This is one of my biggest pet peeves. You should always arrive early - especially at an event as special as this one. We had confirmed their arrival time prior to our wedding day and they arrived about 30 minutes after the agreed upon time. We tried calling and of course no one was answering. This caused extra stress that just could have easily been avoided had they arrived on time. Luckily, this didn't throw a wrench into the serving time because they were prepared but it just would have been better to have them there on time.

2017-06-06T17:50:18 Response from the vendor

Hi K, Thank you for the review. Being late is our pet peeve too, especially since we are a key component to your reception! However, as we discussed, your venue had no kitchen and Chef was concerned about keeping the hot food hot and the... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 5/07/2017

Coleen and Rich made everything so easy. They gave us sample menus but also helped us personalize our menu. They were also very helpful during the wedding. Very professional and yet very personal to our guests. I would use them again.

2017-05-18T22:43:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you for the review! We want the food at your wedding to be the food that YOU want, not what we think you should have!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Kerry H

Rich and Coleen were a joy to work with and made our vision of a brunch wedding with waffles, sausage, make your own yogurt parfaits, irish coffees and mimosas come to fruition. They were professional, had a wonderful set up for the food, and the food was everything we hoped... Read More for. So good!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Kim G

I knew Chef Rich before he started Ambrosia catering. When he told me he was going to start his own catering company I told him that I going to go through him for my wedding. This past May I finally got married and Rich was there with the food. All of it was absolutely delicious... Read More and we didn't have to go over our budget. The website has menus you can choose from but don't worry if you don't see what you are looking for. Just ask and I am curtain they will be able full fill what you want. I could not be any more grateful to have had Ambrosia Catering take care of my wedding

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

This is the best catering company in KC! We have had Ambrosia Catering do several events for us recently. We discovered them through a friend and couldn't have been more pleased. We used them for our wedding recently and they were wonderful to work with! We gave them ideas of... Read More what we wanted, and Chef Rich came up with great menu ideas. We got to have a tasting to solidify our choices. The day of the wedding, the food was set up perfectly and beautifully- and tasted just as good! Their whole team was professional and polite. Since our wedding we have used them to cater a couple of dinner parties, and a work function. I can't explain how great this catering company is. The food is delicious. Coleen and Chef Rich are great people. If you're looking for a caterer for your wedding-- look no further!

2015-11-02T15:34:04 Response from the vendor

A - Thank you for the nice compliment! We enjoy it when we get to work with our clients several times! We appreciate the fact that you like us enough to recommend us to others. That is truly the best compliment we can receive!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015

Thank you Ambrosia Catering for the fantastic food and presentation at my daughter's wedding! Finding a caterer was one of the more difficult tasks with my daughters wedding. I am so thankful for the individual who referred me to you! The food was outstanding, the... Read More presentation was absolutely beautiful, and the customer service couldn't have been any better! I am excited to have you already scheduled to do my son's wedding in November 2016, and my mother's 70th Birthday this December!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Kaitlin S

Coleen and Rich of Ambrosia Catering absolutely deserve five stars. I had an unusual and very specific image in my head for our wedding brunch on 10/18. I wanted interactive, I wanted delicious, and I wanted plentiful…oh yeah, and I wanted budget friendly. Coleen and Rich really... Read More paid attention to my first email and simply said, “We can do that!” (Unlike other caterers, who crafted crazy menus that only remotely approached my vision for at least twice the price. I was getting very nervous before I discovered Ambrosia Catering!) We created a menu and went for a tasting…which turned out to be less “tasting,” more “feasting.” Rich made both my husband and me two (two!) full plates of delicious brunchy things, and we were sold. I particularly appreciated that Rich isn’t afraid to season food properly! As we got closer to our wedding day, Rich and Coleen were nice enough to come meet us on a Saturday across the street from our home to confirm all of our service details. Then, they joined me at the venue to go over setup details with our venue coordinator. They were professional and fun at all times. I felt like I was in good hands indeed! The day of the event, Ambrosia Catering charmed and satisfied all of our guests with the custom hors d’oeuvres and brunch we concocted together. From live-action omelet and grilled cheese stations, to a buffet of veggies, fruits, waffles, potatoes, meats, and more, to the (free!) cake cutting, everything was delightful. The staff they brought were capable and personable, the food was delicious and efficient, and people raved about it for days. Coleen and Rich even left us a card congratulating us, which was just so sweet. Food was the number one importance for my husband and me at our wedding, and Ambrosia Catering really came through for us. I liked them so much that I also referred an acquaintance to them…and she loved their food just as much. (In fact, she's the review from 10/3 on this page.) It’s great food, made by great people, at a great price. It’s really as simple as that. Thanks, Coleen and Rich!

2015-11-02T15:29:08 Response from the vendor

K - What a wonderful review! Thank you so much! Chef and I really do love every aspect of our jobs!! We love working with Brides and Grooms to get that perfect menu! We want your wedding day to be beautiful and stress free! Thank... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Jamie M

Coleen and Rich are AMAZING to work with! From the first tasting-we knew we wanted them to be our caterers. The food is outstanding and they worked with our budget and really ensured we got the most for our money without sacrificing deliciousness and taste! We will definitely... Read More recommend them to anyone needing any type of caterer for any event!

Great food and great people!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Michelle M

Coleen and Chef Rich were so great for our October wedding! We did a cajun buffet for our dinner and the food was so great! We decided on cajun because we we love NOLA and we thought it was something different. The food was amazing and Coleen and Chef were just great to work... Read More with. They humored all of my questions and went above and beyond on the day of. I heard about them from a friend of mine who got married last year and used Ambrosia and I would recommend them to my friends too!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

Coleen and her staff catered my daughter's wedding shower. The food was great and they were professional. They did the setup, filled in food as needed, cleaned up, and boxed my leftovers for me. It was seamless. I would definitely recommend.

2015-10-26T14:40:01 Response from the vendor

S. Thank you for the lovely review! I'm glad we were able to be a part of your daughters day! It was a lovely time!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015

Rich and Coleen were wonderful to work with! They went above and beyond to help us when unexpected changes occurred at the last minute. The food was delicious and we had many compliments from guests! We would definitely use them again. Thanks Rich and Coleen!

Executive Chef Rich

Our Executive Chef Rich, has been an Executive Chef for 25 yrs. He has worked in various country clubs in the KC area. He was also the Executive Chef for the Kansas City Royals for 16 years. While working there, Chef managed 5 kitchens and a staff of 30. He fed the Royals players as well as the visiting team. So to say that this man can cook under pressure is an understatement! Chef believes that cooking is not just about excellent QUALITY, but it is also about PRESENTATION! Your food will always be beautifully presented. Chef will be onsite for the duration of your dining experience