American Hotel

Freehold, NJ

Book Your Wedding with American Hotel

A BALLROOM IN FREEHOLD, NJ

Lennox Ballroom. The 1600-square foot ballroom features a large fireplace, bronze walls, crystal chandeliers, a 200-square-foot wooden dance floor, and decorative French doors that open to a beautiful, 200-square-foot terrace. Couples can use the exquisite Lennox Ballroom to accommodate up to 80 guests for a full sit-down reception.

Majestic Ballroom. A premier banquet room at the American Hotel, the Majestic Ballroom is a stylish wedding venue with wrought-iron and crystal chandeliers, an oversized fireplace, lavish French doors and eight-foot windows. The 3000-square foot event space has a 400-square foot dance floor and can seat up to 200 guests.

Royale Ballroom. Located off the hotel lobby, the Royal Ballroom is a versatile wedding venue. The 1100-square foot banquet room is decorated in neutral colors with a working gas fireplace, wrought-iron window frames and embroidered wall panels can seat up to 80 guests with a mobile dance floor.

All wedding packages at the American hotel include food, beverages, and a full staff. For a reception with fewer than 120-guests, a cocktail reception is available. Beginning with a selection of eight, white-glove butler-passed hors d'oeuvres, this package offers:

• Cold Display with international cheeses, crackers, fruits and vegetables
  • Mediterranean Display with marinated vegetables, olives, hummus and bruschetta
  • A pasta station, a carving station and choice of three silver chafing dishes
  • Cannoli & Brownie Tray on each table

Another option is a five-hour sit-down wedding reception. This package begins with a cocktail hour with uniformed servers passing hors d'oeuvres trays and includes:

• Cold Display with international cheeses, crackers, fruits and vegetables
  • Fresh seasonal and baby vegetables with a herb yogurt dip and hummus
  • Choice of three, silver chafing dishes
  • Champaign toast
  • Choice of one appetizer course
  • Choice of one salad
  • Three entrée selections
  • Desert with freshly brewed, custom-blended coffee and a variety of gourmet teas

All wedding packages include setup, tables, chairs and linens. A 20 percent service charge on food and beverages and a 7 percent state sales tax is required.

The event staff at the American Hotel want your wedding to be a memory to cherish forever, which is why they go further with these sweet enhancements.

• Customized three-tier wedding cake served with chocolate-covered strawberries
  • Viennese Display and International Coffee with carrot cake, chocolate cake, cheesecake, Tiramisu, fresh fruit martini, mini pastries and mini mousse and yogurt parfaits
  • Espresso and Cappuccino Station
  • Italian cookie tray
  • Sunday Bar
  • Mousse parfait
  • International Coffee Bar

American Hotel

A landmark facility that evokes history & memories of gracious living. Our renovated facility is reminiscent of a New York style boutique hotel. Our exquisite ballrooms, restaurant and boutique hotel all exude beauty and elegance and contribute in making your wedding day a dream come true.

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Hotel, Restaurant

18-20 East Main Street, Freehold, NJ (732) 431-3220

My fairytale!

Reviewed on 7/13/2013 Megan K

When I got engaged I was hesitant to look at hotels because I wanted a bit of a non-traditional wedding with an old world feel. I was definitely not your cookie-cutter bride. When I went to look at the hotel it blew me away. The old-world charm of the banquet room with the high... Read More ceilings, beautiful crown molding, and breathtaking chandeliers was exactly what I was looking for. Joy and Jim were an absolute dream to work with. My expectations were high and not only were they met, but they were tremendously exceeded. The food was amazing (people still rave to me about it) and the service was wonderful. When the wedding day was upon us, Jim made sure every detail was in place and that my event went smoothly. He even gave me a pep-talk right before the ceremony and would check on me throughout the night to make sure I was eating (a fantastic gluten and dairy-free dish he had specially prepared for me because of my allergies) and made sure my husband and I were enjoying ourselves. People normally tell you not to stress because SOMETHING will go wrong on your wedding day. Well I can honestly say thanks to Joy and Jim nothing went wrong! I had the perfect wedding and completely recommend.

Perfection!!!!

Reviewed on 9/09/2013 Alyssa C

We loved the American Hotel the moment we saw it. It has 3 gorgeous ball rooms, and since my husband and I wanted a one-stop wedding weekend, we did our ceremony there as well. We can not say enough good things about the American Hotel. To start, everyone who works there is so... Read More kind and accommodating. Whenever we came to the hotel for any reason, whether it was to see what the hotel rooms looked like, take measurements in a ballroom, or when we came for our tasting (which the American does with all the people having events there in the upcoming year so you can see how they execute a large event), everyone was so helpful. Jim and Joy in particular were wonderful. They were patient with my constant emails throughout the planning year. On the day of our rehearsal, Jim walked us through the ceremony with efficiency. On the day of the wedding, he and Joy made sure our every need was met. Joy helped to calm me down before I went down the aisle, and Jim was very relaxed when I was frantic. After our ceremony when we escaped to our bridal suite for a breather and some pictures, there was a bottle of champagne and some cocktail hour nibbles. All of our guests raved about cocktail hour. We had the mashed potato bar, italian station, martini tower, and plenty of passed hor d'oeuvres, all of which were a huge hit. Jim was a miracle worker. We even had a substitute DJ come in place of the one we hired at the last minute, and Jim not only fixed the problems but helped keep us laughing through the stressful moments. He even brought me a shot when I was on the verge of a meltdown. He had everything we needed, even mints in his pockets. He made sure we ate and brought us plenty of food. We also had a popcorn bar, which was displayed more beautifully than I could have dreamed of. I don't think we could have gotten through the day without him. I also want to mention that the staff member who took care of us during the reception, Nicole, made sure our food came out first, that we always had a drink if we needed one, and even boxed up the table side pastries we didn't get a chance to eat so we could take it home. I'm so sad it's over and I wish we could do it all again. I highly recommend the American Hotel. The hotel accommodations themselves were also fantastic. The two conjoined bridal suites were a dream and made getting ready in the morning very comfortable. All of our guests who stayed at the hotel loved the facilities and especially the TVs in the bathroom. All in all it was a phenomenal experience, and I'm looking for any excuse to have another event there!!!

Perfect Day!

Reviewed on 7/29/2013 Ashley C

After looking at several venues in NJ I chose the American Hotel. I loved the look and feel of the hotel and had heard wonderful things about the food. I liked how all of the guests could stay in one place after the reception. There were several different price ranged packages... Read More and Joy and Jim helped customize our day exactly how we wanted. I had several food requests as my husband is Indian and we wanted to incorporate Indian food. Joy and Jim were so helpful and patient and all of our needs and requests were made. They made the stress of wedding planning much less stressful and were always there to answer questions. The food was amazing and the venue was perfect!

Reviewed on 12/06/2016 Georgia L

We took a look at several venues before choosing The American and we're so glad we did. Both Joy and Jim (he's hilarious!) were stellar in both the planning stages of our wedding and the execution. Our guests were stunned by the how beautiful the venue was but mostly by the... Read More exceptional food! Wow, the spread was incredible, delicious, and there was A LOT of it! Guests are still raving about it a month later! Every part of our wedding went off without a hitch except for one detail but the staff went above and beyond to make it right. It was also great to have the hotel rooms within this venue so that guests wouldn't have to drive after the reception if they didn't want to. Rooms are great. We loved the bridal suite. Highly recommended! Thank you Joy, Jim, and the rest of the staff which gave us an outstanding wedding experience! Gia and Mike xo

Reviewed on 11/13/2016 Brianna B

This was our second wedding venue; the first one fell through. Joy was amazing and put us at complete ease about everything and the day ran so smooth. The food was amazing, the hotel is absolutely beautiful, and it was better than we could have imagined!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Mariola K

As a newly married couple (as of two days ago), writing a review normally would not be a priority. HOWEVER, the American Hotel is the exception. We are still beaming from our experience at the American Hotel and cannot wait to host more events there in the future. It all... Read More begins with Joy and Jim. The two of them effortlessly lead us through the wedding planning process. Joy was prompt and clear with her communication and was the perfect mix of savvy and compassionate. I remember being rude during our first meeting; a terrified groom to-be, fear, frustration, and anxiety definitely affected me. However, Joy recognized this and did all she could to assuage my fears and give me and my bride the wedding that we wanted. She found solutions for us at every turn and embraced every challenge we presented her with. She really knows what she's doing and was happy to do so --- every time. Jim, the maître d', was unflappable. As luck would have it, it rained on the day of our wedding. Having had our ceremony at a local church, we had a five hour gap between service and reception. Our initial plan was to take pictures outside, but the weather was not cooperating. Instead, what did we do? We showed up at the American Hotel early by a few hours. Looking for a spot to take pictures, Jim and the staff had no issue with us using the main ballroom for our portraits, even though it infringed upon their setup time. Jim and the staff were only concerned with our happiness and how they could help us have our dream wedding. They were so attentive and accessible. No request was too small. No request was ignored. We could not be more grateful. The food at the cocktail hour and reception kept our guests raving. The cocktail servers made sure to circulate to all corners of the room and the turnaround time from kitchen to guests' stomachs was impeccable. So many of our guests had no idea how they'd have room in their stomachs for their entrées. SPOILER ALERT... they made room for it. We could not be happier to have held our wedding at this charming Freehold venue. It's charming and graceful motif, expert and attentive hospitality, and overall flexibility and desire to please make this a perfect 5.0/5.0. We cannot thank and praise the whole staff, Joy, and Jim any higher. Thank you American Hotel for putting the cherry on top of the happiest day of our lives. Jason and Mariola 10.22.2016

Reviewed on 8/07/2016 Alli D

We could not be more happy with our decision to have our wedding at the American Hotel! Joy and Jim were fantastic to work with!! Joy helped select and narrow down every detail about the wedding. Come the big day, everything ran smoothly thanks to Jim, our matre d, and he... Read More quickly dealt with any unexpected issues so we didn’t have to worry about anything! They both provided personal attention to our event every step along the way, from planning and opinions on food options to every detail throughout the day. In addition to having our reception in the gorgeous Lennox and Majestic ballrooms, we held the ceremony in Royale ballroom, which provided an intimate yet comfortable space for our 115 guests. We loved the simplicity of having all the events in the same location, and each part of the night easily flowed from one room to the next. On top of everything else good to say, the food is delicious (make sure you get the guacamole cones)! If you are considering the American Hotel for your wedding (or any other event), look no further!!

Reviewed on 6/14/2016 Licia K

Jim and Joy made my dream wedding become reality! I could not have imagined getting married anywhere else. My husband is in the military so most of the wedding planning was left up to me. They were so accommodating and put me at ease from day one. The atmosphere was absolutely... Read More breathtaking and Jim had us laughing all night. Our guests kept commenting on how beautiful it was and how delicious the food was!!! I am beyond thankful!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Tathiana C

We will not have our wedding at the American Hotel, but we went there to get quotation. On our first time there, we did not had an appointment and Joy was very nice and walked us through the venue, explained their menu and gave us prices. I really like the venue because we are... Read More having a winter wedding, and the fire places and the ambiance of the venue is perfect for a winter wedding. I called and emailed Joy several time, she was ok. Not super nice, but not rude as well (very different from other venues where they are extremely nice to brides and grooms). We decide to go to the venue one more time before deciding on closing with them. We got there late, but Joy was ok and showed us the venue, she was a little off but I guess everybody have their bad days. She forgot she gave us a "special" price, but after reminding her, she was ok with it. We left the venue almost sure we would close with them. The price was really good, and the venue seemed nice. When I called Joy during the week to ask some final questions, she was very rude to us, and said that they would not be able to handle our CHRISTIAN WEDDING unless we added some type of BAR SERVICE. We told her since day 1 we would not serve alcohol at our wedding and it was NEVER a problem. She was extremely rude, and angry about it. Surely we did not close with them, and will never recommend this venue. All the other venues we visit were totally fine with the fact we will not serve alcohol at our wedding, but AMERICAN HOTEL has a problem with it. Terrible customer service.

My Dream Wedding

Reviewed on 4/14/2015 Amanda K

The American Hotel was great! We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception here and it was a perfect wedding weekend. The staff was friendly and accommodating and the food was great. Jim and Joy went above and beyond and made our dream wedding come to life!

Amazing Day!!

Reviewed on 7/17/2014 Catherine F

When my husband and I got engaged, I was originally insistent on a beach wedding and reception. It was just by chance that we went into the American Hotel. Upon speaking with Jim and taking a look around, we knew instantly we were going to have our wedding there. We really... Read More loved the charm and personality of the hotel. Jim was mostly who we dealt with and was really great! He walked us through our wedding every step of the way. The entire staff there was amazing, their attention to detail really was impecable! Jim helped make our wedding day so beautiful! The only thing I could have wished for was that our wedding day last a little longer. Dave and Cathy

amazing wedding

Reviewed on 5/29/2014 Sarah S

Joy and Jim were wonderful to work with from start to finish! Our wedding was fantastic, not only were the rooms beautiful, but we are still hearing how delicious the food was almost a month later! Highly recommend for a well priced wedding!

Simply the best!

Reviewed on 10/11/2013 Jessica B

I don't think there is enough space to say all the amazing things about my experience with the American Hotel! We wanted our wedding at a hotel so people could stay over after but didn't love the typical hotel ballroom feel. The American Hotel was the perfect answer. The venue... Read More was absolutely everything we dreamed of - not only was it beautiful and charming, but it had absolutely delicious food (which we got to try at an event they host for everyone who has events coming - a very nice touch). It also had Joy and Jim, who were the two most amazing people to work with. They left no stone unturned and were so on top of things leading up to the wedding. No matter how many questions I had or how many times I wanted to come in and chat with them about something, they were always thrilled to see me and happy to help. Every time I was there I felt like royalty! Joy was always so practical and offered us so much amazing advice throughout our planning. Leading up to the wedding, they coordinated everything with our vendors, and really made the planning process so much easier for us. On the day of the wedding, Joy and Jim worked their magic and made everything a dream come true. During the cocktail hour, they had drinks of our choice and hors d'oeurves waiting for us up in the bridal suite. As soon as we came downstairs, Jim was standing there with a drink for me. We decided to give mini wine bottles as our favors (at Joy's suggestion!) and left it up to her to display them. She surprised us with the most beautiful display and it really took our breath away. The room looked absolutely stunning - somehow it exceeded every expectation I had. We were engaged for two years and after planning for so long, it was amazing to me that everything was even better than I had imagined. Jim and Joy are both such a pleasure to work with - they will do anything to make sure your day is perfect. People kept telling me not to be upset if something went wrong (because something always goes wrong). I knew nothing would go wrong with Jim and Joy working for me on my day - and I knew that if anything did go wrong, they would have fixed it before I even knew about it. I was 100% right. I cannot stop raving about them and how perfect our wedding was. The American Hotel was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding - it had everything we ever wanted. Joy and Jim - you made that day the most amazing day of our lives!

A dream come true

Reviewed on 4/25/2012 Jennifer R

The entire staff at American Hotel made it a dream event. Professional and courteous they attended to every detail. The maitre'd Jim was perfection on my day

An Amazing Night

Reviewed on 10/22/2011 Keri O

I chose the American Hotel for my wedding based on its reputation for good service and great food. I was not disappointed. The staff at the American Hotel was wonderful and the food served during the cocktail hour and reception was amazing. Many of my guests came up to me... Read More throughout the night to tell me how delicious everything was! Our guests also booked all the rooms in the hotel which were very comfortable and clean. Overall, the American Hotel did a great job and I highly recommend them.

Wedding, 8/12/11

Reviewed on 9/07/2011 Lindsay C

Our wedding at the American Hotel was amazing! everyone said it was the best wedding they had ever been to and that was all thanks to John, the general manager of the american hotel. he stayed the whole night and made sure everyone had exactly what they needed. John remebered... Read More everything we wanted for our wedding all down to the smallest details and made sure our day was exactly what we wanted.

Wedding

Reviewed on 8/27/2011 Lisa D

The American Hotel was a wonderful experience. The food was out of this world and the staff was very accommodating. However, I got married in July on the hottest day of the year, 108 degree weather. The ballroom, where my reception was held was extremely hot. A lot of my guests... Read More had to sit in the lobby to cool off, and a few left a little early. We are still not sure if the place was air conditioned properly or if it was just difficult to cool off a room with 170 dancing guests. Overall, it was an amazing time and a beautiful place.

Beyond my expectations!!!!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Amanda H

When I got engaged I was so hesitant to look at wedding venues in NJ. I did not want a typical catering hall, and I was looking for a room that would really 'wow' me. The American Hotel met both of those credentials right off the bat. The ballroom is gorgeous....the... Read More chandeliers are so dramatic and pretty, and the fireplaces and silver paint give it a slightly edgy and updated, less traditional look. I loved that there are rooms for the guests to stay in and they are SO NICELY done, also modern, clean and stunning decor. When the wedding day came I had high expectations and was still BLOWN AWAY by every detail. The food was delicious, and Chef Brian was extremely nice and helpful in customizing the menu so it was different from any other wedding we'd been to. The manager John McCarthy paid such attention to detail, treated my guests and family like royalty and made sure everything went smoothly as planned. The hotel was clean and beautiful and every person on staff was so nice and accomodating. I am so happy we chose American Hotel for our special day, and we will return for dinner on a regular basis. Thank you all SO MUCH!!!